Inserting animated GIFs in WLM

When I insert an animated GIF file into a WLM e-mail, the image shows on the
composing screen only as a still picture. Once the message is sent, it shows
up as animated in my Sent folder, and the receiving party sees the animation
just fine as well.  I recall that with Outlook Express the moving image would
show in the composing pane immediately. Is this feature not available with
WLM?

You are correct. When you are reading an email in WLM it basically uses
Internet Explorer as the display mechanism. However when you are composing
an email it uses a different engine.
So the display screen can translate correctly animated gifs, however the
compose screen does cannot.

Colin Brown
WL MVP

"Jim Wood" <JimWood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I insert an animated GIF file into a WLM e-mail, the image shows on
> the
> composing screen only as a still picture. Once the message is sent, it
> shows
> up as animated in my Sent folder, and the receiving party sees the
> animation
> just fine as well.  I recall that with Outlook Express the moving image
> would
> show in the composing pane immediately. Is this feature not available with
> WLM?

0
Colin
12/4/2009 5:11:49 PM
Save to Drafts or look at the email in Sent Items.
--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP-Mail

"Jim Wood" <JimWood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I insert an animated GIF file into a WLM e-mail, the image shows on
> the
> composing screen only as a still picture. Once the message is sent, it
> shows
> up as animated in my Sent folder, and the receiving party sees the
> animation
> just fine as well.  I recall that with Outlook Express the moving image
> would
> show in the composing pane immediately. Is this feature not available with
> WLM?

0
Ron
12/4/2009 9:33:41 PM
And, this is also why inserted I-net links don't appear as clickable links
in the email compose screen, but do and are active once you send it, or view
it in Drafts or Sent as Ron states.

"Colin Brown WLMVP" <Hackersoft1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> You are correct. When you are reading an email in WLM it basically uses
> Internet Explorer as the display mechanism. However when you are composing
> an email it uses a different engine.
> So the display screen can translate correctly animated gifs, however the
> compose screen does cannot.
>
> Colin Brown
> WL MVP
>
> "Jim Wood" <JimWood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> When I insert an animated GIF file into a WLM e-mail, the image shows on
>> the
>> composing screen only as a still picture. Once the message is sent, it
>> shows
>> up as animated in my Sent folder, and the receiving party sees the
>> animation
>> just fine as well.  I recall that with Outlook Express the moving image
>> would
>> show in the composing pane immediately. Is this feature not available
>> with
>> WLM?

0
slk759

Animated GIFs and file types
Sorry about this, I'm a neophyte when it comes to Publisher, but I am the support person. I have an upper leverl mgr who is heck bent on using Publisher to create a company newsletter. I know he can save it has an html, but I'm unable to get it to (& he demands that) his GIFs be animated. Any ideas? Thanks! Ooops, version is Pub 2002. >-----Original Message----- >Sorry about this, I'm a neophyte when it comes to >Publisher, but I am the support person. >I have an upper leverl mgr who is heck bent on using >Publisher to create a company newsletter. I kno...

insert picture from scanner doesnt work anymore
Every other Microsoft product works except Publisher. Have reinstalled printer and Publisher and contacted HP with not help Scan your picture and save it in a folder, insert into Publisher. Did you seek a newer driver while you were at HP? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "dobr" <dobr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D458581-7CEF-4235-B841-AB46C2ACBE37@microsoft.com... > Every other Microsoft product works except Publisher. Have reinstalled > printer and Publisher and contacted H...

can not insert a mail model in a compaign mail activity ?
Hello, When I am trying to send a simple mail, I can insert an email template. but when I plan a compaign based on mailing I can't make an email based on template ... So what what should I do to enable this functionality knowing that it's very intersting ability in a CRM Thanks in advance ...

Inserted pictures not seen
Using Publisher 2003 - Open up a blank page and try to insert picture from file or clip art. Empty picture box appears which can be resized, moved etc, but no graphic can be seen within box. Already reinstalled software. Insert functionality OK in other MS office programs IE word. View|Pictures|Detailed Pictures -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Andrew" <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5168099-4175-4FAF-9003-A5255F73F252@microsoft.com... > Using Publisher 2003 - Open up a blank page and try to insert picture > from > file...

Insert Pub. document into email
I am trying to insert a newsletter created in Publisher 2003 into an email in Outlook 2000. According to the MS online support, this is easily accomplished if using Outlook 2003. How can I embed my newsletter in an email without using the newer version of Outlook? I have tried copying and pasting, creating an image, and using an attachment, and I am not happy with any of these solutions! Most folks create a pdf file and attach it to the e-mail. Several choices of pdf creating programs. Here's a high cost, low cost and freebee for you to consider. High cost: Adobe Acrobat Freeb...

Inserting Pictures #2
This is potentially a several pronged problem. I have several workbooks that have logos inserted on them. They are not set up as headers, just inserted. When I use the Send to Recipient option to e-mail the workbook via Outlook, the logos appear on the e-mail the person recieves, but when you print the e-mail out, they turn into big boxes with an X in the corner, like a picture on a web-site does when it won't load in your browser. Word and Access do this as well. I have tried inserting the picture and embedding it, as well as not embedding it. I've also tried opening the log...

Insert xml VS2008
Hello, I am trying (for the first time) to create an insert statement to insert xml into an sql2005 db with a datatype of "xml'. When I try to use the query builder to create an Insert Statement, it doesnt let me mark any on my xml fields for inclusion in the query. How come? Thanks Are you sending xml "in" and storing the entire xml in a column in a table? Or are you trying to parse (shred) the xml and get at individual values (or rows of data)? ............ See: http://pratchev.blogspot.com/2007/06/shredding-xml-in-sql-server-2005.html for shredding ...

Handling a duplicate index value on insert
using ASP.Net using .Net Framework 3.5 using C# using SQL Server 2005 How does one handle a duplicate index value on insert from an ASP.Net form that's nested in an UpdatePanel? Best Practice? Thanks sorry for the double post. The reason is because while inserting a duplicate I get the following: Microsoft JScript runtime error: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'dbo.EPOCProjects' with unique index 'uiProjectNumber'. "Dave" <Dave.Burkett@Jacobs.com> wrote in message news:...

Why won't my inserted pictures show up on the screen?
None of my lines or pictures show up on the screen when working with Publisher. They print out just fine, but it's hard to create a decent document if you can't see the border lines or pictures! Read the third FAQ here Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/lines when editing my publication? http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "jkcenterprises" <jkcenterprises@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19B2AA14-6777-46C6-891B-A929D1F761B5@microsoft...

Need help inserting comment box into Access invoice report
Hi, I haven't used Access much, but I needed to get my invoices databased and printable instead of handwriting them like I have been. I downloaded the billing and time template that appears on the Access opening page and have figured out everything but this one problem. I have need for a box in which I can detail the work done and provide customers with special instructions. These instructions aren't of much use to me, so I don't need them to be sortable or anything of that nature. I just want to be able to either include the "notes" field that is in the "pr...

After Insert not firing on subform
I have a main form (Employees) and a subform (Accidents). They are linked by EmployeeID. On the subform, there is a numeric field, ClaimNumber, which I want to auto populate. So on the After Insert property for Accidents, I have code like this: lngCounter = ahtGetCounter() 'get a new claim number from the counters table and increment it Me.ClaimNumber = lngCounter ' assign it as out claim number. This works fine if I already have an employee in the database. But if I'm adding a new employee, and then move to the subform to add a new accident, the ClaimNumbe...

Errors trying to insert an order...
I'm getting the below errors when trying insert an order. My code works for invoices. I just changed the SOPTYPE = 2 and DOCID = "STDORD" for the order insert. My SOPTYPE is 2, but the error indicates it is 0? Any help or troubleshooting ideas would be helpful. Thanks, Larry Microsoft.GreatPlains.eConnect Version=8.0.0.0 Microsoft.GreatPlains.eConnect Sql procedure error codes returned: Error Number = 102 Stored Procedure taSopLineIvcInsert Error Description = A required parameter contains an empty value Node Identifier Parameters: taSopLineIvcInsert ...

Can I insert Auto Text of Last Updated in Excel 2003?
Can i do the above on a sheet or in a Header/Footer? Using a macro yes http://tinyurl.com/4d4of -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "jess_steven" <jess_steven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC065FC2-1B52-40D0-BB3E-04DDE7872268@microsoft.com... > Can i do the above on a sheet or in a Header/Footer? ...

WLM Accounts
I'm going to try and keep this as simple as possible. I have Windows 7 and I get more confused about how to use WLM. I have so many messages that are the same in different accounts and also have same message twice in a account. I don't know how to clean them up. Following is what I have. _____ QUICK VIEWS: (which shows all accounts) Unread e-mail (2504) Unread from contacts (1747) Unread feeds (238) _____ LIVE (xxxxxx) Inbox (1) Drafts Sent Items Junk e-mail (86) Deleted Items (6) Sbcglobal (account) (486) _____ SBCGLOBAL Inbox (706) Drafts (1) Sent Items Junk...

retain sort order while inserting item in a virtual list cotrol
Hi Everyone I am using virtual list control in my application. There are few item i add initially in the list. Now i sort the list control as per say size of the file. The question is suppose now i want to add one more item to list, how to retain the existing sort order of the CListCtrl and insert that item at a right position. E.g. Exactly like Microsoft outlook does. many thanks in advance Kamlesh Insert it into the data array, list, or whatever you are using to implement the data part of the virtual listbox, in order, and then invalidate from the position of the predecessor+1 to the end....

Auto insert of date
I'm trying to input some datas using preparedStatement and among those coiumns one column is of type "smalldatetime" i wish to input the current date and time at which i execute this query, how can i achieve this in JDBC or what is the sql query for this. I'm not sure if we're talking JET SQL or T-SQL or something else here? In JET SQL you want the Date() function, something like ... INSERT INTO Table1 ( TestDate ) SELECT Date() AS Expr1; If you're using T-SQL you want the GETDATE() function, something like ... INSERT INTO dbo.Table1 (Test...

Insert KB article in e-mail from outlook client
Hi there, I noticed I can send a KB article as an e-mail from the web client but not from within outlook? Is this correct (same goes for inserting e-mail templates) and if so, has anybody found a way to work around this?? Many thanks -- Aad van der Veld Senior CRM Consultant Capgemini Technology Services t: +31 (0)30 689 6047 m: +31 (0)6 150 30 749 e: aad.vandervelden@capgemini.com ...

"popup" insert for a publisher doc to be emailed to customers
I'm creating a Publisher newsletter and want to have a link for them to click on in their email and have a new document open that will have testimonials on it. It's not linking to a webpage, but just to a document I want to create. Is that possible? no...as you would have to have the files stored on the net. "Cindy @ Entech Data" <Cindy @ Entech Data@discussions.microsoft.com> = wrote in message = news:53217C8A-863C-4949-83B6-D10B9368AE65@microsoft.com... > I'm creating a Publisher newsletter and want to have a link for them = to click=20 > on in thei...

Error importing GIF File
I just started getting this error message when trying to import a GIF file into an Image Control: Microsoft Access doesn't support the format of the file Generate.gif, of file is too large. Try converting the file to BMP or GIF format. I also get this error when trying to use one of the predefined backgrounds for forms. I've tried previously suggested solutions: Import Registry Keys for Graphics filter and convert the file to a smaller size. Neither works. Plus the size of this file is on 3k, how much smaller can it get? Thanks for any help. Thanks. Detect and Repair d...

Image insert
I insert an image into an Access report and size to fit. I then insert the same image into a Word doc at 100% scaling. Why is the image in the Word doc about 3 times the size of the one in the Access report? Alex ...

Inserting line after recalculating
Hi, Assume that I have three worksheets "one", "two", "three" and in every of them is cell with random-generated data. Now, I have addinational worksheet, say "memory". I want to have inserted new line to memory after each once when data was recalculated. That line should include: in first cell random-generated data from "one", in second - from "second" etc. And data which are already saved in "memory" should be fixed. Is there possibility to do that? Thanks in advance for response, Greetings. ...

vbscript insert into access 2003 database with two different table
I am trying to insert data collected by WMI. Here is the script On Error Resume Next Const HKEY_CURRENT_USER = &H80000001 Const HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE = &H80000002 Const ForReading = 1 'Create FSO Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") 'Create an environment for the script to work Set wshshell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell") 'Connection to the database Set cnn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") 'Connection to a Recordset Set objRecordSet = CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset") 'Opens the Database ...

Insert from Scanner option NEEDED

How do I insert page numbers?

moving contacts to WLM
Hi I just completed a system recovery, and am trying to get everything back to normal. Things are working great, till I tried to get my contacts into my email WLM. I am using vista home premium, 64 bit. I have the folder and it shows all my contacts, but cant seem to get it to move to my WLM mail contacts. When I look at properties for the files it shows they open with "windows contacts" and the file is .contact I hope that someone can help me. thanks Hi just to let you now, I have gotten it to work, I don't know what I did, but all of a ...