In Windows Live Mail

While using this program for email messages, I get the copyright symbol
instead of the parenthetical (c) which I intend. How do I change this so I
don't have to enter the information  from right to left, which appears to be
the solution?
--
KCW

"Kent" <Kent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B8B51E7-24B7-4CB8-A851-D87BCF5A5676@microsoft.com...
> While using this program for email messages, I get the copyright symbol instead of the parenthetical (c) which I intend. How do I change this so I don't have to enter the information  from right to left, which appears to be the solution?

I think this only happens if your input language is English (United States). When it does, Ctrl-Z will undo the change. The same applies to (r) and (tm). There may be others.
--
Noel

0
Ildhund
3/22/2010 10:02:32 PM

"Ildhund" <jnllb@removemsn.com> wrote in message
> "Kent" <Kent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> While using this program for email messages, I get the copyright symbol
>> instead of the parenthetical (c) which I intend. How do I change this so
>> I don't have to enter the information  from right to left, which appears
>> to be the solution?
>
> I think this only happens if your input language is English (United
> States). When it does, Ctrl-Z will undo the change. The same applies to
> (r) and (tm). There may be others.

What about  :)?   At least in Outlook I'm force to code it  ):   which isn't
always exactly what I want.

It's when trying to avoid things like that that stupid things like pressing
Ctrl-Enter  get done, which only exacerbates one's frustration and
annoyance.   Tip:  set  Work Offline before experimenting with strange
keystroke sequences.  <eg>

Robert
---

0
Robert

windows update 04-15-10
I am running windows vista on a MAC computer with VMWare Fusion. I cannot get the service pack 1 or internet explorer 8 update to run. i get error code 490 and 800704090 Too late now! Support for Vista Gold (no Service Packs) ended on Tuesday, 13 April 2010! Computers running Vista Gold "will no longer receive software updates from Windows Update" until SP1 has been manually installed (which will require several Prerequisite Updates to be installed first). See http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windowsvista/archive/2010/04/13/end-of-support-for-windows-vista-with-no...

Install FrontPage 2003 on Windows 7
i tried several times to install, the program told me it has been installed, but it is not. What can I do. On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 10:48:01 -0700, monising <monising@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i tried several times to install, the program told me it has been installed, >but it is not. What can I do. Please be more explicit about what you're doing, what you're seeing, and what error messages - if any - you are getting. I have FrontPage 2003 installed on Windows 7 Ultimate x64, and it's working fine. Also, are you installing from original media? A...

Junk button in windows live accidently pressed
Whenever I open up WLM i press sync automatically as a bad habbit. Because of the loading time, the junk button usually gets inserted before the sync button, pushing it out to the right after its loaded. I therefore accidently press the junk button by accident sometimes. This is a classic Microsoft HCI problem. Surely the button should be there but greyed out when you cant click it. Having buttons moving around in menus is bad in the same way popups are bad. So break your bad habit WLM will sync automatically when 1st opened peter -- If you find a posting or message...

Windows Live crap
About 4 days ago I noticed a site called Windows Live ID. It suggested to set up a profile and promised that with a single username and password you could log on to all Windows Live applications such as Hotmail, Windows Live Messenger, Windows Live Mail etc. etc. I thought what a good idea, not having to have 10 different usernames and passwords, so I used my old hotmail adress and username to set up a profile. But the ID said I coildn't use my hotmail for some reason, can't remember what. A few hours later I logged on to Windows Live Messenger as I have done for years, w...

To write living will do I need special format
I just need to change and update a living trust You should consult someone with the appropriate legal knowledge in the jurisdiction in which you are domiciled. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "belladonna" <belladonna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F25A64CB-355F-44E9-A005-16AA61DA15A7@microsoft.com... > I just need to change and update a living trust ...

Cannot send mail from outlook, error 0x800CCC78
This message started to appear back in Sept and I haven't been able to send e-mail from Outlook ever since (apart from a 2 day period in Novemeber when the issue disappeared just as quickly as it appeared). I now have to cut and paste e-mail i recieve into the e-mail interface of my provider in order to get e-mail sent. I have posted this error 3 times now and haven't got a solution, plenty of questions about versions, platforms, port numbers etc etc, but no fix. Judging by the hits on google to this, it is and established problem. Come on Microsoft, do your stuff.....

Timestamp value of GINA window presentation
I am currently troubleshooting slow logon times for a client with computer infrastructure spread across the globe. Before I start invesagating I want to create a baseline for logon times. I have modified the clients logon script to record when it starts and when it ends. I am using the computers tick count to record how long the computer has been on, but realize that there is a space of time between the user authenicating to the computer (control-alt-delete) and when the logon script starts, if the customer turns his computer on and then leave for an extended period of time I ...

mail and calender
I believe I used to see a small calender on the right of my screen when in outlook mail. It would also spell out the nature of upcoming appointments. Can't seen to recall this option. Please help. It's called the Date Navigator. How you get it back on depends on your version. Please enlighten us - which version of Outlook are you running????? -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "Sc...

host unreachable after recent Windows Update
Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000 Server, fully patched and running real swell until Wednesday morning. (Tuesday evening: applied the GDI+ patch: MS04-028.) Didn't find out until later today: internal e-mail is fine, inbound Internet e-mail is fine, but nothing goes out over the IMC. Each outbound e-mail generates Event ID 3010 warning message in the App log: host unreachable. But NSLOOKUP on that very server successfully resolve those same domain names, and ping gets replies. The only other software on this server: GroupShield 5.0 all up-to-date, and VirusScan 8.0.0 patch 1 push...

Issue installing FRx 6.7 on Windows 2003
I am encountering an unhandled exception error when attempting the installation. The installation prompts for the language, I select English, then Next. The progress bar makes it all the way to the right of the next screen, then I get the above error. This is a brand new quad CPU Dell OS is base WIndows Server 2003 Enterprise, not SP1 Only installed software is: IIS 6.0 (FTP, WWW, MSMQ) CA ArcServe (backup software) SQL 2000 Enterprise, Analysis Services, both at SP3a WinZip Acrobat 6.0 Reader Hello, Can you give us the exact error message you're receiving (all words and numbers fro...

mail server
Is Exchange an absolute must? Can I do without it? Can any other mail server do? Thank you. Hi Bill, Exchange is not required. There are 3 scenario's: 1) Exchange -> email can be sent and received in CRM 2) SMTP -> email can be sent from CRM but not received 3) Nothing -> email cannot be used from CRM. For more info http://blogs.msdn.com/midatlanticcrm/archive/2006/01/05/Running_Microsoft_CRM_without_Exchange_Server.aspx Hope this helps, -- Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/ "bill tie" wrote: > > Is Exchange an abso...

error message in Outlook after running windows and office updates
Hello, I am hoping someone can help me with this. When ever a few staff tries to send a new e-mail, a message "Do you want to save changes" come up and on the back of this message I see the spell checker box come up. The problem is that if you click on "no" on the error message, it comes up with another message something like "running out of memory". I just ran all the windows and office updates on all the machines in the company and so far two employees are having this problem. Is this something to do with the updates? Any suggestions? did you try ...

Consulta Exchange 5.5 Mails con fondo
Estimados: Alguien sabe si es posible configurar un servidor Exchange 5.5 para que los mails enviados salgan con un fondo (bacground) predeterminado? Gracias. ...

Bizarre background window behavior in Word
I am running MS Office for Mac 2008 (12.2.4) on a 2008 Intel iMac with the most recent version of Leopard OS. Since installing a recent upgrade to Mac Office 2008, I have been having a frustrating problem when I keep multiple documents open in Word. The active document will randomly be moved to the background, while one of the inactive open documents will randomly move to the foreground. Curiously, the inactive window now in the foreground actually remains inactive, and if I continue typing, the text is placed in the active window that is now hidden in the background. The only way to b...

OWA
When using OWA, I can View my Emails on the company's 5.5 SP4 Exchange Server, I can use Find Name, and it will Search.. But I cannot send an Email, I get a window that pops up and says: "Failed to Send Item" Thanks... Ask in an Exchange newsgroup as OWA is part of Exchange not Outlook. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.spa...

QSSession Rules & during a live transaction getting the item
I am developing a hook and one of the TRANSACTION class has a ENTRIES method which allows you to use ELEMENTS for example mySession.Transaction.Entries.Element(1).Description works just fine and so does everything else, but the mySession.Transaction.Entries.Element(1).Item does not work and I think it is because this has a different datatype than a string or an integer so I can not get it to work or read anything for the ..Item part of my hook. Any ideas or suggestions of where to go with this? Thank you. ClothingStore wrote: > Any ideas or suggestions of where to go with this? > T...

Creating a Mail Merge template in 4.0
I am using the RC0 image for demo purposes and have not managed to do this. When editing the template in word I get the message "Record 1 contained too many data fields." If it is never going to work please just let me know and I will try to focus on teh live releasse. Cheers, Mike. I get the same behavior in the released version. I suspect the 'Edit Template in Word' operation is simply invoking the template as if it was doing a mail merge operation; because there is no data available (you are in the editor of the letter template afterall), the merge process get...

Where can I find a Windows 7 newsgroup?
Sorry to post this here, but when I search the news.eternal-september.org for '7' (no quotes) I don't find anything. Nor when I search for "windows" TIA LAS alt.windows7.general Make sure you signed up with Eternal September correctly, or you will only see a small percentage of the available newsgroups. Also, right click on the newsgroup list and Reset it. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "LAS" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> wrote in message news:i3fttq$7vd$1@news.eternal-september.org....

Outlook Junk mail filter and rules problem
Hello- I switched to Outlook from Mozilla Thunderbird. I did this because Thunderbird was unstable (at least for me). It did have a nice spam filter though. I was hoping that Outlook's spam filter would be comparable and the app would be stable. So far it's stable, but I am having a serious problem with the filter. I use Outlook 2004 to track several POP accounts. So when I download a message, I have a rule for each account that puts the message in an appropriate folder under the inbox folder. The problem is when I use the Spam filter, this is what happens. 1. Spam arrives to ...

Complex Time Window / date based calculation
Excel 2002 SP3 Win XP HE *Follow-up to: microsoft.public.excel* Hi, I have the following: Columns A B C D E F G H I J Date Field 1 Field 2 Field 3 Field 4 Field 5 Field 6 Field 7 Field 8 Field 9 12/31/1996 xyz 58979 23539 1880 1937 1837 1930 100 1/30/1997 xyz 58979 23539 1925 1965 1787 1822 -5.60% 94.40 2/28/1997 xyz 58979 23539 1925 1965 1787 1822 -5.60% 94.40 3/31/1997 abc 58979 23539 1925 1965 1787 1822 -5.60% 94.40 etc. I need to be able to modify the last column (column J) so that the number 100 starts at TODAY() - 1 year (the "-" is a minus sign) as we...

how do I transfer file from Clipboard to an e-mail message
How do I transfer a file from Outlook clipboard or C drive to the body of an e-mail message NOT as an attachment. thanks you would need to open the file and copy the contents. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOF...

Recurring e-mail
Hello all, I have a user who wants to send out a message to a list of recipients every Monday at 8:00. Exact same text, same recipents every time. Any suggestions on how to do this? I suggested a recurring Calendar item, but he wants an e-mail. OL2003/Exchange 2003 Thanks See if this info helps any: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/forms/skedrpt.htm "Andy Williams" <f_u_b_a_r_1_1_1_9@y_a_h_o_o_._c_o_m> wrote in message news:Os%23TSjzpFHA.3408@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello all, > > I have a user who wants to send out a message to a list of recipients > ...

strange e-mail from CRM
I keep getting strange e-mail from my CRM server. It has my name in the "from" and a serial number "bf3fcaf18dec504f936a2e1cd7bebbef-2c05" as the subject, and then in the message is has this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><DeviceInfo xmlns="AirNotify:"><Version>1.1</Version><BindingMap><Folder><FolderId>bf3fcaf18dec504f936a2e1cd7bebbef-2b1f</FolderId><DeviceId>D5264C7F2FB8AE10DBA83BE2DA9B73FC</DeviceId></Folder><Folder><FolderId>bf3fcaf18dec504f936a2e1cd7b...

Suggested enhancement in a Dynamics GP error dialog window
Good morning. I am the SysAdmin for our company and this weekend I received a call that our Dynamics GP 9.0 was broken. When the users tried to load the program they all received an error dialog saying "This is not a Microsoft Dexterity Dictionary". I knew from previous experience that the REPORTS.DIC was the likely culprit. We keep a backup copy of the in a seperate folder for just such problems. A quick copy of the backup to the shared GP folder fixed the problem. However, since there are around 20 or so .DIC files which could cause such an error, it would be nice if t...