I want to create fancy Emails .

I want to make and send fancy Emails.
Can you recommend a good program and and/or tutorial ?
FDLeyda

0
FDLeyda

Do you mean, HTML formatted e-mails?

Go a Bing search for HTML email.

For example, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML_e-mail.

"FDLeyda" <fdleyda@no_reply.com> wrote in message
I want to make and send fancy Emails.
Can you recommend a good program and and/or tutorial ?
FDLeyda

0
Bob
5/11/2010 12:48:10 AM
I understand IncrediMail might fit that bill:
http://www.incredimail.com/english/splash.aspx

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"FDLeyda" <fdleyda@no_reply.com> wrote in message =
>I want to make and send fancy Emails.
> Can you recommend a good program and and/or tutorial ?
> FDLeyda
>=20

0
Gary

------=_NextPart_000_001F_01CAF09B.37D9FAF0

I'm not aware of a tutorial for WLM to create fancy emails.

The basic features are present in WLM when creating html =
mail...investigate them via the menu items for Insert and Format=20
 e.g. Fonts(type and size), Background(image, color, sound), Insert =
picture(inline, photo email) and Style

--=20
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"FDLeyda" <fdleyda@no_reply.com> wrote in message =
> I want to make and send fancy Emails.
> Can you recommend a good program and and/or tutorial ?
> FDLeyda
>=20

------=_NextPart_000_001F_01CAF09B.37D9FAF0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dunicode">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6002.18226" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3DMailContainerBody=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 15px" =
leftMargin=3D0=20
topMargin=3D0 CanvasTabStop=3D"true" name=3D"Compose message area">I'm =
not aware of a=20
tutorial for WLM to create fancy emails.<BR><BR>The basic features are =
present=20
in WLM when creating html mail...investigate them&nbsp;via the menu =
items=20
for&nbsp;Insert and Format <BR>&nbsp;e.g. Fonts(type and size),=20
Background(image, color, sound), Insert picture(inline, photo email) and =

Style<BR><BR>-- <BR>&nbsp; ...winston<BR>&nbsp; ms-mvp =
mail<BR><BR>"FDLeyda"=20
&lt;fdleyda@no_reply.com&gt; wrote in message=20
news:OxnwPFK8KHA.3880@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...<BR>&gt; I want to make and =
send=20
fancy Emails.<BR>&gt; Can you recommend a good program and and/or =
tutorial=20
?<BR>&gt; FDLeyda<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;</BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001F_01CAF09B.37D9FAF0--

0
winston
5/11/2010 3:47:58 AM
"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
> I understand IncrediMail might fit that bill:
> http://www.incredimail.com/english/splash.aspx

Isn't that a virus? ;-)

0
Gordon
5/11/2010 10:35:29 AM
Gary

Incredimail is bad news. Been to known to cause issues and it is considered as a
virus program

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
I understand IncrediMail might fit that bill:
http://www.incredimail.com/english/splash.aspx

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"FDLeyda" <fdleyda@no_reply.com> wrote in message
>I want to make and send fancy Emails.
> Can you recommend a good program and and/or tutorial ?
> FDLeyda

0
Peter
5/11/2010 2:13:50 PM
"...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm not aware of a tutorial for WLM to create fancy emails.
>
> The basic features are present in WLM when creating html
> mail...investigate them via the menu items for Insert and Format
> e.g. Fonts(type and size), Background(image, color, sound), Insert
> picture(inline, photo email) and Style
>  ...winston
>  ms-mvp mail
Ok.
I am really getting into this.
I may become an expert.

> "FDLeyda" <fdleyda@no_reply.com> wrote in message
>> I want to make and send fancy Emails.
>> Can you recommend a good program and and/or tutorial ?
>> FDLeyda

0
FDLeyda
5/11/2010 2:36:49 PM

"Gordon" <gordon.burgessparker@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
>> I understand IncrediMail might fit that bill:
>> http://www.incredimail.com/english/splash.aspx
>>

> Isn't that a virus? ;-)
Or maybe just malware.....................................
I used to "tune-up" folk's PCs
I think IncrediMail is too goofy for words.

0
FDLeyda
5/11/2010 2:39:19 PM
"Bob Campbell" <softwaretailor@msn.com> wrote in message
> Do you mean, HTML formatted e-mails?
>
> Go a Bing search for HTML email.
>
> For example, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML_e-mail.
I have been doing this.
I am making some progress.

0
FDLeyda
5/11/2010 2:42:43 PM

"FDLeyda" <fdleyda@no_reply.com> wrote in message
> I want to make and send fancy Emails.
> Can you recommend a good program and and/or tutorial ?
> FDLeyda

Incredimail will do that.
I know lots of people who use it and make great stationery, it's a fun
program.
Of course there are plenty who post here who have nothing good to say about
it, ignore them :-)

Making stationery using Oulook Express was easy.
Doing the same using Windows Live Mail is a right pain.
So much for progress.

Grenou

0
Grenou
5/11/2010 4:52:31 PM
>=20
>=20
> "Gordon" <gordon.burgessparker@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message=20
>>
>> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message=20
>>> I understand IncrediMail might fit that bill:
>>> http://www.incredimail.com/english/splash.aspx
>>>

>> Isn't that a virus? ;-)
> =
> Or maybe just malware.....................................
> I used to "tune-up" folk's PCs
> I think IncrediMail is too goofy for words.

You read my mind.=20
But one person's "goofiness" is another's precious art work.  :-)

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
Gary
5/11/2010 5:32:05 PM
To be able to make stationery, most users need to have a fair to good
knowledge of image editing, and animation.
So what is 'goofy' to you and the other tsk tsk-ers, is actually a lot of
hard work to get a decent result.
Yes, there are plenty of push-one-button-and-it's-done, or copy it from
somewhere else - users, but some of us draw from scratch, take photographs
to get the result we're after, tailor the subject to the recipient, from
birthdays to seasonal subjects.

You make all this hard work sound worthless, just because you don't care for
it.
My turn to say "tsk tsk".

Just thought I'd mention it.

No I don't use Incredimail.

Grenou

> "FDLeyda" <fdleyda@no_reply.com> wrote in message
>>

>> "Gordon" <gordon.burgessparker@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
>>>>

>>> Isn't that a virus? ;-)
>> Or maybe just malware.....................................
>> I used to "tune-up" folk's PCs
>> I think IncrediMail is too goofy for words.
>
> You read my mind.
> But one person's "goofiness" is another's precious art work.  :-)

> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

0
Grenou
5/13/2010 8:16:36 AM
On Tue, 11 May 2010 17:52:31 +0100, Grenou wrote:

> Of course there are plenty who post here who have nothing good to say about
> it, ignore them :-)

Incredimail has incredibly annoying animated signatures. Thank David
(Harris) for Pegasus Mail filters to kill them.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
"Grenou" <Iamhere@someofthetime> wrote in message
> To be able to make stationery, most users need to have a fair to good
> knowledge of image editing, and animation.
> So what is 'goofy' to you and the other tsk tsk-ers, is actually a lot of
> hard work to get a decent result.
> Yes, there are plenty of push-one-button-and-it's-done, or copy it from
> somewhere else - users, but some of us draw from scratch, take photographs
> to get the result we're after, tailor the subject to the recipient, from
> birthdays to seasonal subjects. You make all this hard work sound
> worthless, just because you don't care for it.
I do not know who said it was worthless. I do not think it was said here.
What you do is what I want do do.
Can you tell me what computer programs you use ?
FDLeyda

0
FDLeyda
5/13/2010 8:00:15 PM

> "Grenou" <Iamhere@someofthetime> wrote in message
>> To be able to make stationery, most users need to have a fair to good
>> knowledge of image editing, and animation.
>> So what is 'goofy' to you and the other tsk tsk-ers, is actually a lot of
>> hard work to get a decent result.
>> Yes, there are plenty of push-one-button-and-it's-done, or copy it from
>> somewhere else - users, but some of us draw from scratch, take
>> photographs to get the result we're after, tailor the subject to the
>> recipient, from birthdays to seasonal subjects. You make all this hard
>> work sound worthless, just because you don't care for it.
> *************************************************************************************************
> I do not know who said it was worthless. I do not think it was said here.
> What you do is what I want do do.
> Can you tell me what computer programs you use ?
> FDLeyda

No one said it was worthless, I translated it as such.

I have had this conversation, with the gentlemen who frequent this group,
before.
Making stationery doesn't get a very enthusiastic reception ..
Mention Incredimail and there is instant rioting in the ranks :-)

I don't use any specific stationery making programs.
I use Paint Shop Pro, Animation Shop and Xara Xtreme (a vector drawing
program like Adobe Illustrator, but faster. Xara also animates).
Most people I know who make stationery, belong to various groups, but I
don't.
Not all stationery is to my taste, I use mainly photographs and vector
drawing.
One friend uses a program called Letter Writer/maker, am not too sure about
the title. I believe it's used with Incredimail.
Another does very clever HTML stuff I can't get my head around.

Annex Cafe have stationery making groups, there are also many Google groups.
A Google search will point you in the right direction.

I hope this is helpful.

Have fun. :-)

Grenou

0
Grenou
5/13/2010 8:28:02 PM
I guess it's a matter of one's lifestyle.
Most of the regular responders here are the serious/techie/non-artistic/
no-nonsense types who favor message content over message style.=20
As a retired professional engineer I certainly fit that description.  =
:-)

> I have had this conversation, with the gentlemen who frequent this =
group,=20
> before.
> Making stationery doesn't get a very enthusiastic reception ..
> Mention Incredimail and there is instant rioting in the ranks :-)

0
Gary
5/13/2010 8:42:01 PM
Hehe, I promise, I have nothing against engineers, some of them are amongst
the nicest people I know.
I am married to one :-)

Grenou

> I guess it's a matter of one's lifestyle.
> Most of the regular responders here are the serious/techie/non-artistic/
> no-nonsense types who favor message content over message style.
> As a retired professional engineer I certainly fit that description.  :-)

> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "Grenou" <Iamhere@someofthetime> wrote in message
>> I have had this conversation, with the gentlemen who frequent this group,
>> before.
>> Making stationery doesn't get a very enthusiastic reception ..
>> Mention Incredimail and there is instant rioting in the ranks :-)

0
Grenou
5/13/2010 10:01:20 PM
Incredimail is fancy indeed. But it is a real internet polluter. Any
little mail will grow to an incredible size using 100 or 1000 times more
bytes than neccessary to convey the message. Plus it can throw a monkey
wrench into your system (my experience). I would really stay away from
it. Making your own letterheads is a lot more fun.

--
whs
0

> Hehe, I promise, I have nothing against engineers, some of them are
> amongst the nicest people I know.
> I am married to one :-)
I started this thread and I have a B.S. in Electronic Technology.
Although Techs are different then Engineers.
FDLeyda

0
FDLeyda
5/14/2010 1:23:21 AM

> "Grenou" <Iamhere@someofthetime> wrote in message
>> Hehe, I promise, I have nothing against engineers, some of them are
>> amongst the nicest people I know.
>> I am married to one :-)
> I started this thread and I have a B.S. in Electronic Technology.
> Although Techs are different then Engineers.
> FDLeyda

:-))

0
Grenou

How to create a ledger sheet
Hello. I have a database with the following tables:Customers, Orders, and PaymentsThe Customers table has a one-to-many relationship with the Orderstable. The Customers table also has a one-to-many relationship withthe Payments table.I am trying to create what I think is commonly called a ledger sheet.This sheet simply shows the dollar amount of every order that anindividual customer has placed (debits) and every payment that thecustomer has made (credits). It also shows a running balance. Entriesare shown in chronilogical order.I am having trouble creating a report that would draw debits from...

HELP!! Viewing email images

links in emails
When I try to open a link included in an email nothing happens? Hi, This problem can be caused by several different things. Do you receive an error message when you click on a hyperlink, or does nothing happen at all? Can you use hyperlinks in other programs, such as Word? Please have a look at the following Knowledge Base articles to see if these resolve your problem. 177054.KB.EN-US OLEXP: Internet Shortcuts in Outlook Express Do Not Start Web Browser You can access this article by clicking on the link below. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;177054 257464.K...

slow emails
We are using exchange 2000 sever. and we have one user on one machine that her emails take awhile to process, up to 3hrs possibly. She is running outlook 2002, with all updates as of 10/9/03. I have figured in the past that it was just the other servers the mail was going through that was slowing it down. But when she uses, another persons acount on another machine it runs fine. Is this and outlook/machine problem, a server problem, or a problem that is out of my hands? Or is there a problem at all? >-----Original Message----- >We are using exchange 2000 sever. and we ha...

Trouble sending emails #2

email set up in publisher

object not being created
hello, I created a dialog based application.I pop up a modal dialog from the menu created in my application.Class midialog is associated with this dialog resource.By mistake i created an obj of this class in the menu handler as shown in code below. OnMenu()//handler in my application dialog class.i.e.main dialog { midialog m_d; m_d.DoModal();//creating my modal dialog } after couple of daysi realized that i wanted the obj not inside the handler but in the class CMainDlg(class of the main dialog).So i removed above code and tried to declare a variable of type midialog m_d(again,s...

How to get a macro to do what i want?
I have designed a form in Excel and the data that is inputted i want to be able to save in a separate worksheet. The problem i am having is that eveytime i record the macro, it over writes the same row each time (if that makes sense). For example if i copied every cell in the form and paste them into the database Row 1, i then want the new piece of information inputted into the form to go into Row 2 and then Row 3 etc.... But it keeps going into Row 1, it wouldnt move down the rows. Hopefully this makes sense to someone and someone can give me some advise. Calculate the last row ...

multiple revieve of emails
I recieve multiple copys of emails in outlook. In some cases I get 100 copys of the exact same message, in other cases it is ok, then others many times Only one message on server Jim <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recieve multiple copys of emails in outlook. In some > cases I get 100 copys of the exact same message, in other > cases it is ok, then others many times Only one message on > server Usually caused by 1) Send/receive interval too small or 2) server timeout value too small or 3) rules that don't contain the "stop processing more rules...

Delay receiving email
Hi, We use Exchange 2000 and Windows 2000. I have recently been expeirencing intermitent delays in receiving email from two seperate domains.The delays are usually 3 hours but sometimes even longer. In the header info the delay happens at the last hop before reaching our domain. I have checked the exchange logs as well as the logs on our gateway but they do not indicate any delay once we receive the email. I am not sure what else I should do. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Bryan ...

I want to read,but:
The web display: Directory Listing Denied This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed. could you tell how to access another web like this? "LeeTow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> wrote in message news:eDQ5RlJmEHA.3612@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > The web display: > Directory Listing Denied > This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed. > could you tell how to access another web like this? > > looks like the link got wrapped, you may have to copy it out and put it back together... or you could try this: http://tinyurl.com/3mtvv ...

cant send emails 02-14-10
I have tried everything you guys have suggested in the other posts, including uninstalling and reinstalling the mail software. I have two email accounts & neither will send. It had been working since Nov 09 and just suddenly stopped. I have windows 7 & windows live mail. Here is the error I keep getting: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. This is the local server I use. Subject 'Fw: Fwd: xoxo' Server: 'smtp.acsalaska.net' Window...

Exchange 2K: Controlling incoming email formats....
Question... AFAIK (and correct me if I am wrong), Exchange natively only lets you control message formats for messages that are downloaded to POP\IMAP clients. For security reasons, I would like Exchange to convert all incoming\outgoing email from\to external domains, as well as INTRA-domain email , to plain text format. In other words, I do not want to see anymore html email on my server going in and out, just plain text. Is there a setting for this for Exchange to handle this natively? If not, what (if any) 3rd party solutions are out there for this? Thanks, George Here's the Re...

Not recieving emails...
I have established an email account with Windows email and linked my yahoo email account. I can send messages yet I do not recieve the test messages to my Windows Mail account they do go to my Yahoo account but not to my Windows Mail inbox. I do not know what to do. Looked for answers on Windows website but did not find what I was looking for can someone please help me. Also when I click on the Send/Recieve tab it has me log in to my email account and then does not take login. Yet the account works. I do not understand. Thanks Jim It is a Yahoo Plus account - right? You must...

Duplicate Emails
Hi all, we have started receiving duplicate emails to out bt/yahoo account. Noone has changed our settings so cannot see why this is happening .... any suggestions on how to resolve please? Thanks in advance. "infinitymum" <infinitymum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A040556-F362-42F5-8324-43CFA4089908@microsoft.com... > Hi all, we have started receiving duplicate emails to out bt/yahoo > account. > Noone has changed our settings so cannot see why this is happening .... > any > suggestions on how to resolve please? Thanks in adv...

Create activity by workflow
Hello! I have read i can use in activity text field &leadbase.companyname; (when i am making workflow to send e-mail to user) But it didnt work. Why? (in SQL base i have table "leadbase" and column in this table "companyname") Lina try this:- &lead.companyname; Peter "Lina" <Lina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4F7F8AA-429B-4F8E-B34B-749C0972153F@microsoft.com... > Hello! > I have read i can use in activity text field &leadbase.companyname; (when > i > am making workflow to send e-mail to user) But it didnt...

can i create a modalless dialog Box in the worker thread.
hi guys, is it possible to create a modalless dialog box in the worker thread, actually we have try this but we got error that is" you cannot create object with new operator in the worker thread " but i don't know what is the actual reason behind this. actually i am trying to create a modalless dialog box from main dialog box and i want to perform openGL programing on both the dialog box in such a manner so that they do not collapse or crash each other because at one time only one rendering device context should reside in the memory if we want to create more then one device con...

Email links open to My Documents
When I go to my blue hyperlinks in Outlook 2003, instead of being taken to the website, I am taken to my own My Documents....when I right click, I cannot copy and paste because the copy is grayed out. I really need to repair this ASAP and would appreciate any help. I am using Office 2003 and Windows XP Pro. Thank you! Try rebooting your system >-----Original Message----- >When I go to my blue hyperlinks in Outlook 2003, instead of being taken to >the website, I am taken to my own My Documents....when I right click, I >cannot copy and paste because the copy is grayed out. &...

Workflow email via web service
This is what I would like to do: Use workflow to call a web service when an order is created The web service creates an email using SDK Order details are added to the email Is this possible? Has anyone done this before? Thank You Tim workflow calls to webservice, with which the authenticated user loses itself, you must force it in webconfig >-----Original Message----- >This is what I would like to do: > >Use workflow to call a web service when an order is created >The web service creates an email using SDK >Order details are added to the email > >Is this poss...