Html in forwarding e-mails

I forwarded an e-mail to my wife from Outlook to WLM that was in HTML but
when she got it, all she got was the links inside the HTML. The Photo was
stripped out. How do I fix it?

You need to use Plain Text when sending messages to anyone that does not
use Outlook. WLMail cannot understand Outlook's Rich Text Format.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"markm778" <markm778@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I forwarded an e-mail to my wife from Outlook to WLM that was in HTML but
> when she got it, all she got was the links inside the HTML. The Photo
> was
> stripped out. How do I fix it?

0
Bruce
3/13/2010 5:13:40 AM
Or configure Outlook for Html or Plain text instead of Rich Text

It's been a while since Rich Text was the default sending format in =
Outlook
 - if configured for Rich Text, it was user initiated in OL07/10beta

--=20
....winston
 MS-MVP[Mail]

"Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message =
> You need to use Plain Text when sending messages to anyone that does =
not use Outlook. WLMail cannot understand Outlook's Rich=20
> Text Format.
> --=20
>           Bruce Hagen
>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>      Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "markm778" <markm778@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>>I forwarded an e-mail to my wife from Outlook to WLM that was in HTML =
but
>> when she got it, all she got was the links inside the HTML. The Photo =
was
>> stripped out. How do I fix it?

0
winston
3/13/2010 8:46:18 AM
Have a look at the following article. Does that explain what happened?
http://email.about.com/od/outlooktips/qt/et121705.htm

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

"markm778" <markm778@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>I forwarded an e-mail to my wife from Outlook to WLM that was in HTML =
but=20
> when she got it, all she got was the links inside the HTML. The Photo =
was=20
> stripped out. How do I fix it?
0
Gary

after forwarding a promoted e-mail, Outlook crashes
This is with CRM 3.0, and a fully patched xp sp2 client using Office 2003 sp2, again fully patched. After a sent item is promoted to CRM, if I try to forward that promoted item from my sent items folder, Outlook crashes. I have been able to replicate this problem on several different clients. The application log on the clients get the following: Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8118.0, stamp 456628bf, faulting module outllib.dll, version 11.0.8118.0, stamp 4566283d, debug? 0, fault address 0x002492c5. Has anyone encountered this error before? Should i be able to forward a p...

sharing mailbox when the mail provider is our ISP with a POP account
Hello, I'm working in a small office with three computers (Win XP Home, with Office 2000). Our mail server is at our ISP, we retrieve our mail through POP. So far we used only one PC for our mail. We would like to be able to send/receive mail with our other computers as well. With the above described installation, is it possible for Outlook to share the mail box and address book? Thank you! Mailbox sharing is usually a bad thing since there's issues with item deletion, etc. Any chance of you getting more than one? "O'Hara" <o@ha.ra> wrote in message news:433a78...

e mail problems
Hi, Im having problems with my outlook express. I can only send msgs and not receive them. any ideas? Thanks carol wrote: > Hi, > > Im having problems with my outlook express. I can only > send msgs and not receive them. any ideas? > > Thanks This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress (for OE 6), or an OE help website such as ...

Invalid cast error ! While converting Undeliverable mail item as Outlook mail ! Why?
Hi friends, I try to convert a Undeliverable mail (created by Outlook-System Adminstrator). But the program through the error, "Specified cast is not valid". Code sample, Redemption.SafeMailItem rMailItem = new Redemption.SafeMailItemClass(); rMailItem.Item = ((Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.MailItem)Connect.oOlMailItems[1]); This code is working as expected for the normal received mails. Please any one let me know, what is the problem and how to solve it. Thanks in advance NDRs are ReportItem objects, not MailItem objects. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Micro...

printing card 2 sides with mail merge.
I am doing a business card, I want to print both sides, their are about 90 names. It says their are too many pages, even though I only select 6-10 names at a time. Is their a way to print both sides without having to have 2 individual cards? Easier since they are both lined up. thanks Bruce You will have less grief if you create two publications. What version Publisher? You might want to read this article The Registry Fix for changing the Mail Merge Batch Size Courtesy of KATMA http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/registryfix -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Bruce L...

how do i send an e-newsletter to a specific category?
how do i send an e-newsletter to a specific category? Terry <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how do i send an e-newsletter to a specific category? Open your Contacts, arrange by category, select the category you want, and click Actions>New Message to Contact. Include your newsletter in the message. -- Brian Tillman I have created a publisher e-newsletter, how do I email to a specific category? "Terry" wrote: > how do i send an e-newsletter to a specific category? Terry <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have created a publishe...

How to stop email forwarding?
Hi there, There is a meeting room which is configured to book directly when a user books it as Resources. It is also configured that the office manager will get the invitation email automatically no matter she is invited or not. Now, the Office Manager has left the company, and I want to stop delivering invitations to her mailbox. But I can't find where I could stop it (my previous Exchange 2003 Admin left the company too). BTW, there is no delegate, there is no forwarding under Delivery Options. The user account for the office manager is still alive. And there is not any rules for th...

I am unable to receive e-mail, but I can send e-mail.
Iam unable to receive e-mail, but I can send e-mail. Bummer. Care to share some useful details, such as version and account type? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head-scratching, Rob S. asked this group: | Iam unable to receive e-mail, but I can send e-mail. ...

Filter Junk E-mail OWA option
Given an id, this code sets the 'Filter Junk E-mail' option (via OWA) on. I'd like to inspect the mailbox to see if it is already set. How do I do that? HankC strUrl = "https://webdav.university.edu/exchange/" & id & "/" Dim XmlHttp Set XmlHttp = CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP") XmlHttp.Open "POST", strURL,false,strUserName,strPassword XmlHttp.SetRequestHeader "Accept-Language","en-us" XmlHttp.SetRequestHeader "User-Agent", "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; .NET CLR 1.1....

publisher 2000 mail merge
I have a list of approx. 1500 names and addresses on an excel spreadsheet that I would like to mail merge directly with our brochures in publisher. When I try to do this, I get an error message that says my "data source has more than one worksheet/table." Am I s.o.l. because my list is so long, or is there another way to do this? Instead of attempting to use the Excel spreadsheet directly, you will have better luck if the data is exported to a CSV file. Mail merge doesn't seem to choke on the data as it does sometimes with Excel. -- Ron Cohen "erin" <vberin...

HTML and realtime webservices used with Excel
Has anyone ever used a realtime currency webservice in conjunction with Excels web query and converted into a html live realtime website that functions with Excel formulas in realtime? I am working on a school project! Thank you for any help on this! Ricky ...

new mail page problems
When a new mail page is opened it is offset to the right. When I begin typing the message some of the words go out of sight on the right hand side of the page. Also, the three top right page symbols are not visible (miniize, maximize, close). What am I doing wrong, or is this just a glitch in live mail? Drag the window to the left. You might also want to resize it a bit smaller. To get a window back on the screen, try this: - Use Alt/Tab to make it the active window - Press Alt/Space to get the control window for that application - Press M to select the Move option -...

Problem opening e-mail activity
When I try to open a draft e-mail activity I get the following error: "An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code." The request to the server (query string) is : /Activities/Email/edit.aspxid={CAADD887-4AE1-438A-BE09-9E559205337C} As you can see after edit.aspx there is a "?" missing, i.e. the above line should have been edit.aspx?id={CAADD887-4AE1-438A-BE09-9E559205337C} AND NOT edit.aspxid={CAADD887-4AE1-438A-BE09-9E559205337C} T...

Charts, HTML, offset
i have created a few charts that use =offset and comboxes to display different data depending on which name is chosen. a b a b a 1 day 1 day 2 day 3 day 4 2 John 12 16 15 17 3 Marie 11 13 15 16 4 Sandra 10 11 14 15 5 Alex 9 13 16 18 is there a way i can post the combo box with the chart in a html chart? i am trying to show improvement one person at a time... thanks Hi, It doesn't seem like you can publish a chart with interactive components, at least not from inside of Excel. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Snadyeka" wrote: > i have created a few charts that use =offs...

IMC queued mail notification
Is there any way to configure IMS connector to send notifications/alerts when a mail is queued for a specified amount of time? I assume the default notficiation/bounce message time is 24/36/72 hrs, I want to reduce this to 10mins. This is basically for Email based production support people who requires immediate notification if the mail has not been delivered on time. Appreciate if anyone could help me on this. Thanks, KLM ...

can not receive e-mail from john.raekes@rettiglaw.com
I am not able to receive e-mails from my husband at his work. I do not have him on a do not receive list and he is typing the correct address. I can't even get messages from him when he replys to my e-mails. Thank you in advance for your help. >I am not able to receive e-mails from my husband at his >work. You may not be able to receive his messages, but he'll start receiving lots of SPAM messages from all over, now that you've posted his Email in a public newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Till...

how do i link an e-mail account to oulook
Learn how to post a question: http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm See that large white space beneath the subject line? Use it to provide at least a modicum of information about what you are trying to accomplish. Otherwise, you are wasting our time and yours when someone has to come along and try to pry information out of you. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "rabthe2nd" <rabthe2nd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Problem with including CRM attributes in E-mail template hyperlinks
When an email template is created, there is no way of linking the attribute value and having that entire URL exist: 1) If you type out the beginning URL (ie: http://domain/org/leadid=) and insert the attribute value {!Lead:Lead ID;}, the beginning URL is highlighted, but not the attribute value. 2) If you type out the beginning URL with an extra 'x' (http://domain/ org/leadid=x), insert {!Lead:Lead ID;} between / and x, and use the delete key to remove x: the whole URL is highlighted, but when the email is sent, the incorrect hyperlink is being used. (Displays as http://domain/org/l...

Mail Merge #9
I am trying to utilize my mailing lists in Mail Merge....... It says " Cannot be completed because of dialog or database enginge failures. Try again later" ............. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling....... Same result... It was fine the last time I used it about a month ago........... Have no clue........... In news:2ECFFB5F-6F2F-4A14-92A6-E64AFBDBE955@microsoft.com, steve hilburn <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> posted: > I am trying to utilize my mailing lists in Mail Merge....... It says > " Cannot be completed because of dialog or database enginge...

Update windows mail 8 ??? How do I do ?
Good Morning My english is very bed ( bad ) I`m brazilian I would like to know How update my windows mail 8? "Windows Mail" <Windows Mail @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:339C5F1A-6C43-42ED-91D5-B9BD804EA441@microsoft.com... > Good Morning > > My english is very bed ( bad ) > I`m brazilian > > I would like to know How update my windows mail 8? There will never be any updates to WM. Try Windows Live Mail from here: http://download.live.com/wlmail -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. http://www.getsafeonl...

can't find my mail
Recently my computer was not working. Best Buy backuped the entire content of the hard drive ino their system, reformed my hard drive and installed a new operating system (windows XP). Then they put back the entire contents of my old hard drive from their system back into a 'backup folder' in the refomated hard drive. They said all mails which were were in 'outlook express' are in the back up folder. I need the mails and address. I could not find them. How can I find them? Try looking in the backup folder along the following path *\Doucuments and Settings\*\Applicati...

Delay in getting mail on Outllook 2003
I have Exchange 2003 running on 2003 server. I have one guy on a XP pro workstation that always has a delay in getting mail. When I send mail to pretty much anyone else connected to our Exchange server they get it in a fraction of a second. When anyone sends mail to this one person it may take 30 seconds to a minute or so for him to get it. I think that I've checked all the obvious things about why there would be a delay... But if anyone has a suggestion on something to check or configure to fix this that's be great... I know it is a small problem in the grand scheme of things, bu...

Excel, HTML-Export and Images
Hello Newsgroup, when exporting a Excel-Spreadsheet to HTML everything is fine - except on some Computers the images are missing. First there were placeholders like the words "Pict" and "Bitmap" - after installing Vector Graphic Rendering (IE6 asked for this) it this placerholders are gone - but the images are still not there. On alle machines theres is IE6 and Office 2K running. The non-working machine is a NT-Server the others Win2K. Thanks Alfred ...

e-mail ribbon
Why don't they have a "close" option in the action box on the e-mail bibbon? Did they think CLOSE would not be used very much??? Paul On 3/2/2010 6:31 PM, foodman wrote: > Why don't they have a "close" option in the action box on the e-mail bibbon? > Did they think CLOSE would not be used very much??? > > Paul Paul, You can add it to QAT. Open a message. Right-click on the ribbon above the groups and choose customize quick access toolbar Select Office Menu Select "Close" and choose add You can also place the QAT below t...

Mail forwarding rules don't work.
Hi, I'm running Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2007. I have a user who needs to automatically forward certain emails to a client. I DID check the "Allow Automatic Forward" checkbox, but for some reason we still cannot forward emails from Outlook. I even tried setting these client addresses up as Contacts and we still can't forward to them or any other email address using an Outlook rule. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks! A Have you restarted Exchange services? I found (when I played with this in 2003), even though the instruction...