How to change newsgroup message font

Like many other ribbon based programs I sometimes struggle to find how to
make a change.    This time its how to change the font just for newsgroup
messages?

regards

0
nobody

"nobody"  wrote in message news:EWTao.39493$GF5.7129@hurricane...

> Like many other ribbon based programs I sometimes struggle to find how to make a change.    This time its how to change the font just for newsgroup messages?

Newsgroup messages are usually plain text. The font used is that selected at [no name tab] > Options > Mail > Read > Fonts for the encoding specified for the message. The encoding is likely to be one of Western European or Unicode, but you never know. Set the font you want for all the encodings you're likely to see. I use Arial Unicode MS for everything - then nothing much changes regardless of the encoding used.
--
Noel

0
Ildhund
8/18/2010 6:21:59 PM
Plain text or HTML? Received posts or while composing a post for sending?

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"nobody"  wrote in message news:EWTao.39493$GF5.7129@hurricane...

Like many other ribbon based programs I sometimes struggle to find how to
make a change.    This time its how to change the font just for newsgroup
messages?

regards

0
Gary
8/18/2010 9:08:43 PM
"Gary VanderMolen"  wrote in message

Plain text or HTML? Received posts or while composing a post for sending?

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"nobody"  wrote in message news:EWTao.39493$GF5.7129@hurricane...

Like many other ribbon based programs I sometimes struggle to find how to
make a change.    This time its how to change the font just for newsgroup
messages?

regards

Gary,

I did not know that you could send/receive newsgroup messages in HTML?

regards

0
nobody
8/20/2010 1:35:13 PM
"Ildhund"  wrote in message news:#GN#YJwPLHA.2064@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

"nobody"  wrote in message news:EWTao.39493$GF5.7129@hurricane...

> Like many other ribbon based programs I sometimes struggle to find how to
> make a change.    This time its how to change the font just for newsgroup
> messages?

Newsgroup messages are usually plain text. The font used is that selected at
[no name tab] > Options > Mail > Read > Fonts for the encoding specified for
the message. The encoding is likely to be one of Western European or
Unicode, but you never know. Set the font you want for all the encodings
you're likely to see. I use Arial Unicode MS for everything - then nothing
much changes regardless of the encoding used.
--
Noel

Noel,

Thanks.   As an aside I do not see Arial Unicode MS

0
nobody
8/20/2010 1:36:37 PM
Hi, nobody.

Because HTML messages are MUCH bigger than plain text, they take a lot
longer to send/receive and take up much more storage space on a disk.  Back
in the last Century, when online time and hard disks were MUCH more
expensive than now, the use of HTML was frowned on.  Newsgroup users who
posted in HTML often got flamed, especially by those using dial-up modems
and paying (a LOT) by the minute of use.

Today, with broadband near-universal and with 1 TB hard disks becoming
common, we don't hear nearly as many complaints about HTML posts in
newsgroups.  But remember, Usenet is a global system.  Many users, around
the world and in plenty of places in the USA, still cannot afford broadband
and are still paying by the minute.  High-speed connections are simply not
available at any price in many locations.

So, when your message requires HTML, you won't get too many complaints
nowadays.  But simply using red ink or fancy stationery - or a cute moving
Sig - to send a mundane text message is unnecessary - and discourteous.  It
adds nothing to the text and often distracts from your message.  And it
still might get you flamed.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"nobody"  wrote in message news:twvbo.67491$GW1.33116@hurricane...

"Gary VanderMolen"  wrote in message

Plain text or HTML? Received posts or while composing a post for sending?

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"nobody"  wrote in message news:EWTao.39493$GF5.7129@hurricane...

Like many other ribbon based programs I sometimes struggle to find how to
make a change.    This time its how to change the font just for newsgroup
messages?

regards

Gary,

I did not know that you could send/receive newsgroup messages in HTML?

regards

change color in many text box
I have a form which takes information from a query. The information is orizontally aranged in the many text boxes . I would like to know how can i change the background color of the text box on the row by just doubleclicking on that particular row. Give me some suggestions please! ANY IDEEA, "florin" <florin_serban@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ercv$ytcIHA.5164@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I have a form which takes information from a query. > The information is orizontally aranged in the many text boxes . > I would like to know how can i change the background colo...

Outlook 2003 message store limits?
Getting message store has exceeded limits within Outlook 2003. The information store is still getting email, as checking it with webmail or Outlook 2000 works just fine. Does anyone know where or how to change the defaults message store on the Outlook 2003 client As far as i'm aware - there's no client-side settings of this type in Outlook. Are you running on an Exchange server? There are message store limits within Exchange. But you say you have no problem with Outlook 2000 or webmail, implying you just use Outlook as a Internet Mail client? Bobby >-----Origina...

Change Collation failed in RMS Headquarters
I need change collation from default to Chinese. A blank database is created in Headquarters Administrator and then Change Collation command is executed. But a Error “object CK_APIExportLog_ObjectType depend on collation” happened. How can I do it? Jerry wrote: > Error “object CK_APIExportLog_ObjectType depend on collation” happened. > How can I do it? Remove from your database the constraint CK_APIExportLog_ObjectType, and when you changed collation add it the constraint. bye antonio hi, Antonio Thanks for your reply. Now I removed CK_APIExportLog_ObjectType and changed co...

Changing the 'Mark item as read when selection changes' at runtime
Hi, Outlook version 2007 VS2008 Using VSTO and Redemption I need to change the following settings at runtime Mark items as read when viewed in the Reading Pane Wait [ ] seconds before marking the item as read. Mark item as read when selection changes. All the above settings are on a form found here: Tools --> Options --> Other --> Reading Pane The registry settings are stored in [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Preferences] I know how to change the registry settings but I don't know to re-load these settings again without ...

Email Message Integrity
Someone forwarded an email to me with the original email message. How do I find out if the original email has not been compromised? Ask the original author? "Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05182F64-41DB-43DA-997A-ADD743ECEFF7@microsoft.com... : Someone forwarded an email to me with the original email message. How do I : find out if the original email has not been compromised? you would have to compare it with the original. Wayne wrote: > Someone forwarded an email to me with the original email message. How do I > f...

Dynamicly change spreadsheet tab names depending on cell value
Is it possible to change tab names dynamicaly ? For example i have 31 tab (1 for each day of the month) These tabs are named - 1,2,3 e.t.c Is it possible to define rule that would ad "!" to day which is weekend day. In other words is it possible to dynamicly change tab name depending from value of cell ? If this is possbile how do i do this ? Right-click on the spreadsheet tab, select View Code and paste this in:- Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() ActiveSheet.Name = Range("A1").Value End Sub To test this I put the date in cell B2 and this formula into A1:- =TEX...

Change 'Active' Window?
I would like to change the 'active' window (from the Access DB to another application). I have Dynamics GP open and am currently using an Access DB. I would like to change the active window to GP and run a macro (if possible). Would I do this with a shell command? Any help that you can provide is welcome. Thanks. G ...

error message mfc application
I keep getting an error message saying microsoft has detected an error, mfc application. what should i look for???? is there a potential virus, i have scanned with norton and nothing is being picked up????? Is this a program that your developing or is this the message windows gives you when you attempt to run the application? Have you tried to debug the application? -- ============ Frank Hickman NobleSoft, Inc. ============ Replace the _nosp@m_ with @ to reply. "kruark99" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30EE73CA-1E2B-4A33-BF53-B28AEE3E2421@mi...

Changing computer
Hi, I'm about to sell my Dell pc on which I recently installed Microsoft Home & Student 2007. Do I just un-install it and then re-install it on the new one? Is it illegal (or stupid) to leave it on the computer? And how would I go about moving my Word files from old to new? Any advice much appreciated. Thanks Sal If you leave it installed, you must also give them the disks. (And yes, that would be stupid - sorry.) If you intend to keep the disks and the license for yourself, you must uninstall it. Move your files with a USB drive or burn them to a CD. You could...

Change Display Units property with VBA
Hello, I would like to dynamically change the units on my graph within my powerpoint presentation using VBA. The Powerpoint group has site has been down for a couple of days so I have not been able to send my question in. I would think the code might be similar to that in excel so I'm hoping someone can help me here. Can someone help some code that allows me to change the "Display Units" property found under the "Format Axis --> Scale" menu in the graphs? thank You, Jenise In article <1168541545.394773.220220@o58g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>, jwilliam@alte...

How do I change a data label on an xy scatter to a unique name as.
The only way I have figured out is to create a separate series for each data point, which is tedious for 100+ points...any ideas? Hi, Try one of these free addin to link cells to data labels. This way you can have a single data series rather than multiples. Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com Cheers Andy SOSCIENT wrote: > The only way I have figured out is to create a separate series for each data > point, which is tedious for 100+ points...any ideas? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andyp...

Change all Chart Legend FONT sizes across entire spreadsheet
Have file folders with dozens of spreadsheets and noticed the CHART LEGEND fonts a too BIG. I'd like to change ALL chart legend font sizes on all worksheets in a spreadsheet at once.. using a tool or script, etc. Any solutions? There are simply too many charts to open and change fonts individually. -G The following code will change the font size in all charts in the active workbook: '======================= Sub ChangeLegendFont() Dim chObj As ChartObject Dim ws As Worksheet Dim ch As Chart Dim lFont As Long lFont = 6 'set the font size For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Works...

"Move Message" Rule not working fully
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C83F07.B735DAA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have created a rule that moves email messages that I receive with = certain criteria. This is the description of the rule as seen in the = Rules Wizard dialogue box: Apply this rule after the message arrives with '@usengineering.com' or '@psicontractors.com' in the sender's = address move it to the USEngineering folder The problem? The rule is really just making a copy of each m...

Change a cell's value using a button
Hi - I know its possible but have no idea how to do it - How do I set up a cell with two buttons attached to it that increase and decrease the value in the cell? I.e. if I have a cell with 10% in it and hit the "up" button, the number goes up by 0.5% and down by the same amount if I hit the "down" button? I am pretty good in Excel but dont know anything about macros - but Im really not sure where you find this function. Thanks for your help in advance anyone! -- Ashley No macros required. Use a spin button control rather than 2 buttons. Follow these steps: 1. Go to...

fonts printing
I installed Publisher 2002. When attempting to print a publication, the graphics and numbers print, but none of the text. Is this caused by a corrupt font? How do I know, and how do I correct this problem?? Help Please ! Thanks. DR Because I'm not a guru like some of the others, I would take ONE page, change the font, and then try printing that page alone. If the problem is still there, it's not the font. I know it's not very "scientific" but it generally works. -- The problem with resting on your laurels is that eventually you are sitting on dead branches. J...

problem with fonts using Word as editor #3
All new messages come up with a superscript font. I remove the check mark and go into default, but new msgs keep coming up in superscrip.What is one to do? Leo Leo Kerner <l.kerner@sympatico.ca> wrote ... > All new messages come up with a superscript font. I remove the check > mark and go into default, but new msgs keep coming up in superscrip.What > is one to do? Since you keep asking, I'll reply with my first reaction to all word-as-email-editor problems: don't use Word as your email editor. It's a simple and 100% effective solution to this and a whole host of ot...

Delete Record Button with Confirmation Message
I finally got the message box to pop up but the same time the message box pops up, the record is deleted without confirmation of yes or no. I know I am missing something in my code and this forum helped me to get this far from viewing other posts but not sure what I am missing. Here is my code: (Deleting a record in a subform) Private Sub Testdelete_Click() Dim frm As Form Dim Response As String Set frm = Me.[Scheduling Visits Subform].Form If Not frm.NewRecord Then With frm.RecordsetClone .Bookmark = frm.Bookmark .Delete Response = ...

Pasting an Outlook '07 email message item/object in a Word '07 doc
Is there a way to paste an Outlook '07 email message item/object into a Word '07 document? If in Outlook, you use File>Save to save the message as an Outlook message, you can then select and copy that .msg file and paste it into a Word document. Then in the Word document, if you double click on the message, it will open as an Outlook message. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "George" <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Change unit cost for Miscellaneous Items
Dynamics GP Sales Order Processing does not allow editing of unit cost for all item types. Please include an option to allow us to change the unit cost for for miscellaneous, service and flat fee items. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micro...

Error Message 02-28-10
My computer has been really slow so Norton offered a free PC checkup. I did all the steps that they suggested but I believe that I did something wrong and keep gettinga message box that says: Error Loading c:\ProgramFiles\Wildtangent\Apps\CDA\cduEngine0400.dll I don't know how t stop this box from popping up on startup. Please help.. Thanks, Val Contact Norton Support? Valerie wrote: > My computer has been really slow so Norton offered a free PC checkup. I > did > all the steps that they suggested but I believe that I did something wrong > and keep gettin...

DocumentEvent messages not being received on win64
Hi all, I have a custom build of the OEMUI sample from the DDK which works fine on 32-bit Windows all the way up to Windows 7. When I compile for 64-bit, I only receive DOCUMENTEVENT_CREATEDCPRE and DOCUMENTEVENT_QUERYFILTER. Within the handler for DOCUMENTEVENT_QUERYFILTER I have: if (pbOut) { DOCEVENT_FILTER* pFilter = (DOCEVENT_FILTER*)pbOut; pFilter->cElementsReturned = 6; pFilter->aDocEventCall[0] = DOCUMENTEVENT_ENDDOCPOST; pFilter->aDocEventCall[1] = DOCUMENTEVENT_STARTDOC; ...

Can I change the default syle for a chart?
I have toyed around with using macros to reformat data, but what I would really like to do is make a particular format the default, but can't seem to find out how to do that. Select a chart in your workbook Choose Chart>Chart Type Select one of the chart types and subtypes, then click 'Set as default chart' OR Select the Custom Types tab, and set one of the built-in or user-defined charts as the default Jon Peltier has information on custom chart types on his web site: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CreateCustomTypes.html Argus Finch wrote: > I hav...

Missing Folder/ Messages
My employer needed to make new user names and passwords for us here at work. So, I had to reset my desktop setting, etc. including the outlook settings on where to retrieve my mail from my internet server. When I did this, I lost the folders I set up previously, and old messages. I know there is a way to retrieve this, because a brief hint came up during the wizard process, but I can't find it again on outlook help. Please help! Thank you so much. try http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q313055&ID=KB;EN US;q313055 or http://go-here.net/6729 "Erin&qu...

How can we change rpc port on outlook client
How can we change rpc port on outlook client to use different port than 135 and I can do either TCPrelay or port redirect to connect to the Exchange server on port 135. ...