How to add Yahoo Email POP?

Dear All,
I have installed Window Live Mail via MSN.
I would like to add Yahoo POP email account?
I tried using the below configuration which I can find in Yahoo Help.
But whenever I pressed the Sync button, it prompts me the below errors.
Pls help.

CONFIGURATION
===========
POP Yahoo! Mail with Another Email Client
=============================
Want to use another email program to send and receive Yahoo! Mail messages?
If so, you'll be asked to designate a new incoming (POP3) mail server and a
new outgoing (SMTP) mail server.

Here are the basic server settings for Yahoo! Mail:

Incoming Mail (POP3) Server: pop.mail.yahoo.com.sg
                                           (Use SSL, port: 995)
Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com.sg
                                           (Use SSL, port: 465, use
authentication)
Account Name/Login Name: Your Yahoo! Mail ID
                                         (your email address without the
"@yahoo.com")
Email Address: Your Yahoo! Mail address
                       (e.g., user@yahoo.com)
Password:

ERROR MESSAGES
=============

Unable to send or receive messages for the Yahoo (sandrapoh) account.
Windows Live Mail couldn't log on to the e-mail server using authenticated
POP (APOP). Contact your e-mail provider and verify that it supports
authenticated POP. To change this logon setting, in the folder list,
right-click on the account name, and then click Properties on the shortcut
menu. In the Properties dialog, click the Servers tab and then under Incoming
Mail Server, select a logon option.

Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com.sg'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80004005
Protocol: POP3
Port: 995
Secure(SSL): Yes

Regards
Sandra

"Sandra Poh" <SandraPoh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear All,
> I have installed Window Live Mail via MSN.
> I would like to add Yahoo POP email account?
> I tried using the below configuration which I can find in Yahoo Help.
> But whenever I pressed the Sync button, it prompts me the below errors.
> Pls help.
>
> CONFIGURATION
> ===========
> POP Yahoo! Mail with Another Email Client
> =============================
> Want to use another email program to send and receive Yahoo! Mail
> messages?
> If so, you'll be asked to designate a new incoming (POP3) mail server and
> new outgoing (SMTP) mail server.
>
> Here are the basic server settings for Yahoo! Mail:
>
> Incoming Mail (POP3) Server: pop.mail.yahoo.com.sg
>                                           (Use SSL, port: 995)
> Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com.sg
>                                           (Use SSL, port: 465, use
> authentication)
> Account Name/Login Name: Your Yahoo! Mail ID
>                                         (your email address without the
> "@yahoo.com")
> Email Address: Your Yahoo! Mail address
>                       (e.g., user@yahoo.com)
> Password:
>
> ERROR MESSAGES
> =============
>
> Unable to send or receive messages for the Yahoo (sandrapoh) account.
> Windows Live Mail couldn't log on to the e-mail server using authenticated
> POP (APOP). Contact your e-mail provider and verify that it supports
> authenticated POP. To change this logon setting, in the folder list,
> right-click on the account name, and then click Properties on the shortcut
> menu. In the Properties dialog, click the Servers tab and then under
> Incoming
> Mail Server, select a logon option.
>
> Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com.sg'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80004005
> Protocol: POP3
> Port: 995
> Secure(SSL): Yes
>
> Regards
> Sandra

In Servers Tab, try changing to "Log in using clear text authentication".
Don't think you need Authenticated POP.

0
Smirnoff
12/6/2009 11:20:30 AM
"Smirnoff" <someone@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

> "Sandra Poh" <SandraPoh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Dear All,
>> I have installed Window Live Mail via MSN.
>> I would like to add Yahoo POP email account?
>> I tried using the below configuration which I can find in Yahoo Help.
>> But whenever I pressed the Sync button, it prompts me the below errors.
>> Pls help.
>>
>> CONFIGURATION
>> ===========
>> POP Yahoo! Mail with Another Email Client
>> =============================
>> Want to use another email program to send and receive Yahoo! Mail
>> messages?
>> If so, you'll be asked to designate a new incoming (POP3) mail server and
>> new outgoing (SMTP) mail server.
>>
>> Here are the basic server settings for Yahoo! Mail:
>>
>> Incoming Mail (POP3) Server: pop.mail.yahoo.com.sg
>>                                           (Use SSL, port: 995)
>> Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com.sg
>>                                           (Use SSL, port: 465, use
>> authentication)
>> Account Name/Login Name: Your Yahoo! Mail ID
>>                                         (your email address without the
>> "@yahoo.com")
>> Email Address: Your Yahoo! Mail address
>>                       (e.g., user@yahoo.com)
>> Password:
>>
>> ERROR MESSAGES
>> =============
>>
>> Unable to send or receive messages for the Yahoo (sandrapoh) account.
>> Windows Live Mail couldn't log on to the e-mail server using
>> authenticated
>> POP (APOP). Contact your e-mail provider and verify that it supports
>> authenticated POP. To change this logon setting, in the folder list,
>> right-click on the account name, and then click Properties on the
>> shortcut
>> menu. In the Properties dialog, click the Servers tab and then under
>> Incoming
>> Mail Server, select a logon option.
>>
>> Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com.sg'
>> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80004005
>> Protocol: POP3
>> Port: 995
>> Secure(SSL): Yes
>>
>> Regards
>> Sandra
>
> In Servers Tab, try changing to "Log in using clear text authentication".
> Don't think you need Authenticated POP.

Also, see below. The dialogue boxes are a bit out of date but may help you
with your settings.

Not too sure about SSL settings in Advanced tab, I was told BT didn't
support it anyway, so don't know if Yahoo does either.

http://www.freeemailtutorials.com/windowsLiveMail/setupEmailAccounts/setupYahooMailAccount.htm

0
Smirnoff
12/6/2009 11:25:57 AM
Sanda, do you have a paid Yahoo Plus! account? If so, then yes you can set
up POP mail. If you're using the free Yahoo Mail, then no, you cannot.

You didn't mention whether you did or not, so I'm just clarifying.

--
Patrick P.
www.boydcomputersvcs.com

"Sandra Poh" <SandraPoh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear All,
> I have installed Window Live Mail via MSN.
> I would like to add Yahoo POP email account?
> I tried using the below configuration which I can find in Yahoo Help.
> But whenever I pressed the Sync button, it prompts me the below errors.
> Pls help.
>
> CONFIGURATION
> ===========
> POP Yahoo! Mail with Another Email Client
> =============================
> Want to use another email program to send and receive Yahoo! Mail
> messages?
> If so, you'll be asked to designate a new incoming (POP3) mail server and
> new outgoing (SMTP) mail server.
>
> Here are the basic server settings for Yahoo! Mail:
>
> Incoming Mail (POP3) Server: pop.mail.yahoo.com.sg
>                                           (Use SSL, port: 995)
> Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com.sg
>                                           (Use SSL, port: 465, use
> authentication)
> Account Name/Login Name: Your Yahoo! Mail ID
>                                         (your email address without the
> "@yahoo.com")
> Email Address: Your Yahoo! Mail address
>                       (e.g., user@yahoo.com)
> Password:
>
> ERROR MESSAGES
> =============
>
> Unable to send or receive messages for the Yahoo (sandrapoh) account.
> Windows Live Mail couldn't log on to the e-mail server using authenticated
> POP (APOP). Contact your e-mail provider and verify that it supports
> authenticated POP. To change this logon setting, in the folder list,
> right-click on the account name, and then click Properties on the shortcut
> menu. In the Properties dialog, click the Servers tab and then under
> Incoming
> Mail Server, select a logon option.
>
> Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com.sg'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80004005
> Protocol: POP3
> Port: 995
> Secure(SSL): Yes
>
> Regards
> Sandra

0
Patrick
12/6/2009 5:11:20 PM
On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 09:11:20 -0800, Patrick Palczewski wrote:

> Sanda, do you have a paid Yahoo Plus! account? If so, then yes you can set
> up POP mail. If you're using the free Yahoo Mail, then no, you cannot.
>
> You didn't mention whether you did or not, so I'm just clarifying.

Here server is, 'pop.mail.yahoo.com.SG'. I don't know about Singapore, but
'pop.mail.yahoo.com.au', 'pop.mail.yahoo.co.jp', and 'pop.mail.yahoo.uk' are
all free. AFAIK, only 'pop.mail.yahoo.com' (U.S.), and, maybe, the Canadian
version, require a paid account.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
On Sat, 5 Dec 2009 23:28:01 -0800, Sandra Poh wrote:

> I have installed Window Live Mail via MSN.
> I would like to add Yahoo POP email account?
> I tried using the below configuration which I can find in Yahoo Help.

Do not use, "APOP". I don't know that Yahoo! uses it anywhere.

Do use, "Log on using clear text authentication".

I use:

'smtp.mail.yahoo.co.jp:995' (w/SSL)
'smtp.att.yahoo.com:995' (w/SSL)
'smtp.mail.yahoo.com:995' (w/SSL)

I can use my ATTIS login for either of the last two. Port 995, SSL enabled,
and "Log on using clear text authentication" works for me.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum
I had this problem - and resolved it.

You can only do what you want if you have a premium yahoo account. I do not,
so
the yahoo alternative is easy...

1. Get yourself a windows live email address

2. Setup windows live mail, as per....

3. Goto your yahoo page, and modify your account so that it FORWARDS your
mail directly to your
super windows live mail.

It is easy to do, and most pleasing to see it actually works 100%.

Regards

"Sandra Poh" <SandraPoh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear All,
> I have installed Window Live Mail via MSN.
> I would like to add Yahoo POP email account?
> I tried using the below configuration which I can find in Yahoo Help.
> But whenever I pressed the Sync button, it prompts me the below errors.
> Pls help.
>
> CONFIGURATION
> ===========
> POP Yahoo! Mail with Another Email Client
> =============================
> Want to use another email program to send and receive Yahoo! Mail
> messages?
> If so, you'll be asked to designate a new incoming (POP3) mail server and
> new outgoing (SMTP) mail server.
>
> Here are the basic server settings for Yahoo! Mail:
>
> Incoming Mail (POP3) Server: pop.mail.yahoo.com.sg
>                                           (Use SSL, port: 995)
> Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com.sg
>                                           (Use SSL, port: 465, use
> authentication)
> Account Name/Login Name: Your Yahoo! Mail ID
>                                         (your email address without the
> "@yahoo.com")
> Email Address: Your Yahoo! Mail address
>                       (e.g., user@yahoo.com)
> Password:
>
> ERROR MESSAGES
> =============
>
> Unable to send or receive messages for the Yahoo (sandrapoh) account.
> Windows Live Mail couldn't log on to the e-mail server using authenticated
> POP (APOP). Contact your e-mail provider and verify that it supports
> authenticated POP. To change this logon setting, in the folder list,
> right-click on the account name, and then click Properties on the shortcut
> menu. In the Properties dialog, click the Servers tab and then under
> Incoming
> Mail Server, select a logon option.
>
> Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com.sg'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80004005
> Protocol: POP3
> Port: 995
> Secure(SSL): Yes
>
> Regards
> Sandra

0
no
12/9/2009 4:04:34 PM
Yahoo Pop3 capability for free accounts is varied.  In some countries, Pop3 capability is available for free accounts, in other
countries(e.g. the U.S.) Pop3 capability, as you noted, requires a Yahoo Plus(Premium) account typically about $20/yr.

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"no chance" <ravenravenblack@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:2D0D813F-1A12-4713-987A-EF3612AE2A7C@microsoft.com...
> I had this problem - and resolved it.
>
> You can only do what you want if you have a premium yahoo account. I do not, so
> the yahoo alternative is easy...
>

> 1. Get yourself a windows live email address
>
> 2. Setup windows live mail, as per....
>
> 3. Goto your yahoo page, and modify your account so that it FORWARDS your mail directly to your
> super windows live mail.
>

> It is easy to do, and most pleasing to see it actually works 100%.
>

> Regards
>

> "Sandra Poh" <SandraPoh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3FCBE329-E532-4E3C-BAC6-364CFB425DE6@microsoft.com...
>> Dear All,
>> I have installed Window Live Mail via MSN.
>> I would like to add Yahoo POP email account?
>> I tried using the below configuration which I can find in Yahoo Help.
>> But whenever I pressed the Sync button, it prompts me the below errors.
>> Pls help.
>>
>> CONFIGURATION
>> ===========
>> POP Yahoo! Mail with Another Email Client
>> =============================
>> Want to use another email program to send and receive Yahoo! Mail messages?
>> If so, you'll be asked to designate a new incoming (POP3) mail server and a
>> new outgoing (SMTP) mail server.
>>
>> Here are the basic server settings for Yahoo! Mail:
>>
>> Incoming Mail (POP3) Server: pop.mail.yahoo.com.sg
>>                                           (Use SSL, port: 995)
>> Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com.sg
>>                                           (Use SSL, port: 465, use
>> authentication)
>> Account Name/Login Name: Your Yahoo! Mail ID
>>                                         (your email address without the
>> "@yahoo.com")
>> Email Address: Your Yahoo! Mail address
>>                       (e.g., user@yahoo.com)
>> Password:
>>
>> ERROR MESSAGES
>> =============
>>
>> Unable to send or receive messages for the Yahoo (sandrapoh) account.
>> Windows Live Mail couldn't log on to the e-mail server using authenticated
>> POP (APOP). Contact your e-mail provider and verify that it supports
>> authenticated POP. To change this logon setting, in the folder list,
>> right-click on the account name, and then click Properties on the shortcut
>> menu. In the Properties dialog, click the Servers tab and then under Incoming
>> Mail Server, select a logon option.
>>
>> Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com.sg'
>> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80004005
>> Protocol: POP3
>> Port: 995
>> Secure(SSL): Yes
>>
>> Regards
>> Sandra

0
winston
12/9/2009 8:54:14 PM
Won't work. If your free Yahoo account doesn't have POP access, it =
doesn't do forwarding either.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"no chance" <ravenravenblack@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message =
>I had this problem - and resolved it.
>=20
> You can only do what you want if you have a premium yahoo account. I =
do not,=20
> so
> the yahoo alternative is easy...
>=20
>=20
> 1. Get yourself a windows live email address
>=20
> 2. Setup windows live mail, as per....
>=20
> 3. Goto your yahoo page, and modify your account so that it FORWARDS =
your=20
> mail directly to your
> super windows live mail.
>=20
>=20
> It is easy to do, and most pleasing to see it actually works 100%.
>=20
>=20
> Regards
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> "Sandra Poh" <SandraPoh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message=20
>> Dear All,
>> I have installed Window Live Mail via MSN.
>> I would like to add Yahoo POP email account?
>> I tried using the below configuration which I can find in Yahoo Help.
>> But whenever I pressed the Sync button, it prompts me the below =
errors.
>> Pls help.
>>
>> CONFIGURATION
>> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
>> POP Yahoo! Mail with Another Email Client
>> =
=3D=3D=3D=3D
>> Want to use another email program to send and receive Yahoo! Mail=20
>> messages?
>> If so, you'll be asked to designate a new incoming (POP3) mail server =
and=20
>> new outgoing (SMTP) mail server.
>>
>> Here are the basic server settings for Yahoo! Mail:
>>
>> Incoming Mail (POP3) Server: pop.mail.yahoo.com.sg
>>                                           (Use SSL, port: 995)
>> Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com.sg
>>                                           (Use SSL, port: 465, use
>> authentication)
>> Account Name/Login Name: Your Yahoo! Mail ID
>>                                         (your email address without =
the
>> "@yahoo.com")
>> Email Address: Your Yahoo! Mail address
>>                       (e.g., user@yahoo.com)
>> Password:
>>
>> ERROR MESSAGES
>> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
>>
>> Unable to send or receive messages for the Yahoo (sandrapoh) account.
>> Windows Live Mail couldn't log on to the e-mail server using =
authenticated
>> POP (APOP). Contact your e-mail provider and verify that it supports
>> authenticated POP. To change this logon setting, in the folder list,
>> right-click on the account name, and then click Properties on the =
shortcut
>> menu. In the Properties dialog, click the Servers tab and then under=20
>> Incoming
>> Mail Server, select a logon option.
>>
>> Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com.sg'
>> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80004005
>> Protocol: POP3
>> Port: 995
>> Secure(SSL): Yes
>>
>> Regards
>> Sandra=20

0
Gary
12/10/2009 6:39:55 AM
Simply download a small, free program called Freepops, install, follow
instructions, and your Yahoo mail will come to your inbox in WLM.

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
> [...]
>>>                                           (Use SSL, port: 465, use
>>> authentication)
>>> Account Name/Login Name: Your Yahoo! Mail ID
>>>                                         (your email address without the
>>> "@yahoo.com")
>>> Email Address: Your Yahoo! Mail address
>>>                       (e.g., user@yahoo.com)
>>> Password:
>>>
>>> ERROR MESSAGES
>>> =============
>>>
>>> Unable to send or receive messages for the Yahoo (sandrapoh) account.
>>> Windows Live Mail couldn't log on to the e-mail server using
>>> authenticated
>>> POP (APOP). Contact your e-mail provider and verify that it supports
>>> authenticated POP. To change this logon setting, in the folder list,
>>> right-click on the account name, and then click Properties on the
>>> shortcut
>>> menu. In the Properties dialog, click the Servers tab and then under

0
Klauwaart
12/14/2009 3:20:02 AM
FreePOPs like YPOPS can be problematical, and of course, is not =
supported here.

"Klauwaart" <admin@vlaanderen-flanders.org.uk> wrote in message =
> Simply download a small, free program called Freepops, install, follow =

> instructions, and your Yahoo mail will come to your inbox in WLM.
>=20
> "Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message=20
>> Won't work. If your free Yahoo account doesn't have POP access, it =
doesn't=20
>> do forwarding either.
>>
>> --=20
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen
>>

>> "no chance" <ravenravenblack@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message=20
>>>I had this problem - and resolved it.
>>>
>>> You can only do what you want if you have a premium yahoo account. I =
do=20
>>> not,
>>> so
>>> the yahoo alternative is easy...
>>>

>>> 1. Get yourself a windows live email address
>>>
>>> 2. Setup windows live mail, as per....
>>>
>>> 3. Goto your yahoo page, and modify your account so that it FORWARDS =
your
>>> mail directly to your
>>> super windows live mail.
>>>

>>> It is easy to do, and most pleasing to see it actually works 100%.
>>>

>>> Regards
>>>

>>> "Sandra Poh" <SandraPoh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Help.

=3D=3D=3D=3D

0
Gary

Problems with creating a newsletter

Add PowerPoint 2007 to Office Basic

how many receivers i can add

Sending Email #6

POP Password2
Hello Everyone. I am in the process of writing an Internet connection wizard program for the company I am working for. At present, I have all the pieces together beside the part of setting the email account password for outlook. If anyone have any ideas that could help. Please let me know Currently I have found the following info HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Account Manager\Accounts\00000007 (.Is just the outlook account index. It increment each time a account is added) Value 4 Name: POP3 Password2 Type: REG_BINARY Data: 00000000 01 02 6d 00 61 00 69 00 - 6c 00 2e 00 7...

Need to add to current formula

CRM Email Displays Size=2>

Email cannot be resolved...

Recurring email #2

IM Add New Batch
GP 10 on 2003 Terminal Server. How do you create a Payables Batch in the IM in preparation for importing to the Payables Transaction destination? Alternatively, how must GP be set up to ensure that the “Add New Batch” rule works correctly? With the Add New Batch rule set the IM crashes (see my post Integration Manager 10 Crashes). Additionally the characteristics of the Add New Batch rule do not match the required information which I understand to be Origin and Checkbook ID. I figured there might be some default settings for Origin and Checkbook ID in the setup somewhere but was not a...

Inbox Icons not changing when email forwarded or replied to
This may seem like an insignicant issue, but when you have hundreds of emails in your inbox, it is extremely important to know which ones you have forwarded and which ones you have replied to. Unfortunately, my inbox icons do not change when I reply to a message or forward a message. They also remain as the "Read Message" icon. I have searched the Knowledge Base, but I have been unable to find an answer to this seemingly simple issue. I am using Outlook 2000. Appreciate any assistance, James ...

Email signature #4
Using Outlook 2000, whenever I send an email my automatic signature is preceded by "AUTOTEXTLIST \s "E-mail Signature"". How do I get rid of it? It doesn't happen when I insert auto text directly. ...

classic toolbar add-on?
Has anyone out there found a good, user-friendly, no problems add-on I can download so I can view my Office 2007 stuff as 2003 stuff with a nice classic toolbar? I wish I hadn't gotten this! The ribbon is so busy and distracting and hardly makes any sense at all! You can download Office (Classic) menu addins from below site. http://shahshaileshs.web.officelive.com/MenuAddins.aspx For Excel with new features of Excel-2007: http://shahshaileshs.web.officelive.com/Exshail_Classic_Menu.aspx Regards, Shailesh Shah http://shahshaileshs.web.officelive.com/ If You C...

Exchange problem while emailing from TS
I have a published application via TS and Citrix Metaframe XPe. OCCASSIONALY, when a message is sent from MAPI client configured in the TS environment (Outlook 2003) it will change the SMTP address, by concatinanting the address. For example: user@domain.com is the intended address, when I look at the Message Tracking Center on the Exchange Server it's attempting to send to user@domain.com:USER@DOMAIN.COM. Where is the :USER@DOMAIN.COM, which is being added to the end of the SMTP coming from ? ...