how does the WLM 2011 beta contact system / database work?

Using WLM 2011 beta (Build 15.4.3002.0810) German version, on a 32-bit Win7
Ultimate system.

Everything works relatively fine but i am confused with the Windows
Contacts.
As i have a live mail account, i can synchronize my contacts on other
computers.

But how has this system changed from OutlookExpress over WindowsMail to WLM?
And is there a major difference to OUTLOOK (2007 or 2010) contacts?

I have noticed that compatibility to certain mobile phones is no longer
given.

Have a SonyEricsson w995 and SonyEricsson offers a sync software called "pc
suite" which has compatibility to outlook, outlookExpress and WindowsMail,
but will not recognize WLM 2011 for syncing contacts.

I know that in this particular case it is a problem of SonyEricsson,
but still i am confused with the number of times MS seems to change the
storage format of contacts ....

greetings

Roland Schweiger

0
Roland

Roland,
Inline..

--
....winston
ms-mvp mail

"Roland Schweiger"  wrote in message news:i6j6ka$69v$1@news.eternal-september.org...

Using WLM 2011 beta (Build 15.4.3002.0810) German version, on a 32-bit Win7
Ultimate system.

Everything works relatively fine but i am confused with the Windows
Contacts.
As i have a live mail account, i can synchronize my contacts on other
computers.

But how has this system changed from OutlookExpress over WindowsMail to WLM?
- A lot
    * OE stored contacts in a wab file
    * Windows Mail in C:\Users\<windows name>\Contacts
    * WLM stores them in contacts database file(*.edb) and only accessible via WLM and WLMsgr

And is there a major difference to OUTLOOK (2007 or 2010) contacts?
    * Outlook stores contacts in its *.pst file

I have noticed that compatibility to certain mobile phones is no longer
given.
    - Contact acces on a mobile phone is determined by the phone supporting Windows Live online contacts, not WLM.

Have a SonyEricsson w995 and SonyEricsson offers a sync software called "pc
suite" which has compatibility to outlook, outlookExpress and WindowsMail,
but will not recognize WLM 2011 for syncing contacts.
    - because it can read wab, User\..\Contacts or a pst file but not *.edb

I know that in this particular case it is a problem of SonyEricsson,
but still i am confused with the number of times MS seems to change the
storage format of contacts ....
    - as noted above, in this version and the foreseeable future..synchronization with phones is via the online contacts(contacts.live.com, not WLM)

0
winston

Accessing Contacts for the Rules Wizard
I have just successfully transferred Outlook 2002 files to a new PC with Oulook 2007, and my emails, contacts, calendars etc have all come over OK. I do have the spurious Personal Folders created when Outlook 2007 was first set up, and cannot get rid of it, but that's not the problem. I have renamed it something else, and the Personal Folders I have transferred remain named as such. I have ensured that arriving emails come into the correct Outlloko ..pst file and thus into the correct Personal Folders. My problem is this: I am trying to set up rules for the diversion of ...

Splitting a Database
Good Idea Or Bad? Thanks again Good idea. No question. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Gary." <gmhull@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:udNfRvD1HHA.484@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Good Idea Or Bad? > > Thanks again "Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote in news:ef5uu5D1HHA.1100@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl: > Good idea. No question. > What are some of the reasons why? "Gary." <gmhull@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:uSWgGLE1HHA.1484@TK2MSFTNGP06...

New Smartlists from SLBuilder only work for me, the builder
I have recently installed Smartlist Builder on several user's PC's and have created both new Smartlists & Excel Reports. The Excel Reports that have been deployed work fine for users with access. The Smartlists I have created (along with the downloaded from MS one's) are "visible to the user but no results are returned". So far I have given the users increasing security rights to be able to access the lists. I can log into their machines & run the reports as "sa" and my user id, they don't run under theirs even though they see the l...

Cisco Phone System Integration
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C78BDB.C7C19600 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I know that Cisco has an integration to CRM from their phone system to = handle outbound dialing and screen pops. I am looking for a ballpark price. Anyone know approximately what it = might cost? Alan ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C78BDB.C7C19600 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0...

Extending a work sheet
I have a worksheet that I use at my office. I find that I will run out of room to add information. How may I extend the worksheet to add more rows and still keep the formulas that I use? Hi Jeff, Until the arrival of the next incarnation of Excel, the number of rows is immutably fixed at 65536. --- Regards, Norman "Jeff Kirkhart" <kirkhartja@comcast.net> wrote in message news:KtSdnQVkldr9tH3eRVn-uw@comcast.com... >I have a worksheet that I use at my office. I find that I will run out of >room to add information. How may I extend the worksheet to add more row...

Calculation with Working day of the year
Using the "standard formula" I am able to work out that (say)the 21st June is working day 117 for this year using =NETWORKDAYS($U$4;B17;$V$3:$AE$5)- where U4 is 01/01/2005, B17 is 21/06/2005 and V3 to AE5 is a list of non working days. I now need to know what working day 117 was last year, is it possible to start with working day no. and then work out the date? On 10 Nov 2005 07:01:34 -0800, "Box666" <bob@mystical.demon.co.uk> wrote: >Using the "standard formula" I am able to work out that (say)the 21st >June is working day 117 for this year using ...

Trying to Understand the Difference Between Contacts and Personal Address Book
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3140790798_303398 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Hello, I recently upgraded to a newer version of Outlook. Some questions: 1. When I import my former email addresses using the File-Import function it asks if I want them in Personal Address Book or Contacts folder. What is the difference? 2. For some reason all my names are listed with a first name first, not last name. This is confusing. ...

Online Backup of Contacts
I would like to keep my contacts and messages backed up right along with my daily online backup. Is there any reason to back up the whole contact folder: Windows Live Contacts...or is it enough to back up the contacts.edb files (3). ?? On a separate topic: I moved my message storage to another drive. Can I delete the original folder: Windows Live Mail...or just the contents of that original folder? Thanks, kristin One solution that comes to mind is create a free webmail account, for example Yahoo) and import your contacts to it. " kristin" <kristin@discu...

Contacts are missing when I click the To, Cc, or Bcc buttons 12-17-09
I have XP - don't know what's happened. Have not installed any new programs. Attempted to solve problem using Outlook HELP, but no luck. Do you know in what folder the contacts are stored? If so, right click that folder, choose Properties, Outlook Addressbook, and ensure that "Show this folder as E-Mail Addressbook" is ticked. -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Manage and share your categories: <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?pub=6&lang=en> Am Wed, 16 Dec 2009 21:37:01 -0800 schrieb Judy: > I have XP - don't know w...

How Do I Remove The Outlook System Tray Icon
I'm trying to lock down the users desktops in my Windows XP environment. How can I remove the Outlook System tray icon from the system tray? What version of Outlook and what are you using to lock down "Dan Evans" <dan.evans@morgankeegan.com> wrote in message news:%2321rKOS2DHA.3468@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I'm trying to lock down the users desktops in my Windows XP environment. How > can I remove the Outlook System tray icon from the system tray? > > I'm using Outlook 2003 on my XP workstations. I'm using GPO's to lock down the desktop set...

Is it Possible to get rid of a System created Realtionship
The situation is that I would like it so that opportunities will only be able to be associated with Accounts. Currently they can be associated with Accounts or Contacts. Anyone have any ideas on how I could accomplish this since I cannot delete the system created relationship between Contacts and Oppurtunities. What you can do is hide this relationship from the user (remove the original lookups and set the relationship on the other end to no be displayed in the menu). Then create a new relationship between account and opportunity. If need be you can copy the value from the new looku...

Excel formula not working
I encounter a Excel problem, let me explain it in a examble: A1=10 B1=20 C1=2000 D1=20 E1=C1-A1-B1-C1 E1 will shows value 1950 Then Copy E1 all the column down to E10 There are not values in cells below A1, B1, C1, and D1. Cells E2~E10 should show value 0 However, they show 1950, the same value as E1. ANyone have this problem before? Hi (ignoring the error in the formula in E1) check that tools / options / calculation is set to automatic if that is not the problem please copy & paste the formula in cell E2 into your reply psot. Cheers JulieD "KC Mao" <kc@sinzon.com...

Unknown error during restore of database
I get a "unknown error" during database restore from within GP 10. I am using sql express and the database and the program are on the same machine. Both sql and gp is on e: drive. I have no issues backing up the databases. I am logged remotely to the computer via "gotomy pc" type program. (it is not a terminal server session) According to MS KB the recovery mode for the database should be simple - which it is. Any suggestions? Thanks You may receive this error if the database being restored exceeds 4GB in size. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Max...

still trying to get this to work
I REALLY need to get back to sorting books, but I've not been able to use windows mail in all the time I've had the computer and it is getting old! Glad/sad to see that I'm not the only one! "Barbara Harrison" <barbarakay@hughes.net> wrote in message news:uvqo5KTHLHA.5684@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I REALLY need to get back to sorting books, but I've not been able to use >windows mail in all the time I've had the computer and it is getting old! >Glad/sad to see that I'm not the only one! Use the settings outlined here for se...

Inadvertently merged Calendar/Contacts
Posting here per suggestion in microsoft.public.exchange.clients One of my co-workers is one of our main Blackberry techs, and it seems that there's a new version of the Blackberry client software he was given to install on his PC. He uses this software for cases where he needs to reload the software on a user's Blackberry. When hooking up another user's Blackberry Pearl the new client software automatically imported all of the Blackberry user's contacts and appointments into the tech's Exchange mailbox in Outlook. Obviously this is not a great thing, as he really does...

Contacts gone: Address book still there
Hi all, After a spell at the laptop I come back to pc and find the Contacts panel in OE empty. The address book still has them in, but I can't see how to get them back in the panel. 1 what made them disappear? 2 how do I put them back? Cheers, S The Contacts Pane may appear empty if the number of contacts in the Address Book exceeds 999. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "spamlet" <spam.morespam@invalid.invalid> wrote in message news:%23JpqqBEzKHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi all, >...

Different access to data related to contact
I have the case that two or more Sales reps are in relation with the same contact but information that one relates to the contact like email, message etc.. are not allowed to be seen by other sales reps. Is there any possibility to do it in CRM? ...

upgraded 5.5 std -> enterprise, didn't seem to work
Yeah, I know, this stuff is so old it creaks. But it's what I've got to deal with this month Last month I hit the 16gb limit on my Exchange 5.5 Standard server (one site, one server - small company). I managed to defrag it to trim it down and get it restarted, then exported some dead mailboxes for a half-gig of breathing room. At the same time I acquired a copy of Exchange 5.5 Enterprise off ebay. Today I finally got a chance to try to install the new one. I made sure I had a good backup ... went through the setup ... then reapplied the service pack ... then tried to figure out if it...

Can't get Outlook Express to work and passwords have been changed??
I am pulling my hair out to work out why Outlook express won't send/receive my emails. I have entered the POP/SMTP info as directed by tiscali but this does not work. Then to top it off my password has now changed and I have no idea what it is?? Is there anyway I can find out what it now is?? And does anyone know how to make Outlook express work with Tiscali?? This PC has cost a small fortune and I am unable to call a premium rate number to get help?? Can anyone offer any advise?? Thanks Paul ...

If "Hide from exchange address list" is selected does this prevent you from resolving this contact when attempting to configure Outlook?
I had a user leave the our firm. Instead of disabling the account I removed the user form all distlists and hide the contact in the GAL. Today I needed to check something in the old mailbox. I tried adding this mailbox through Tools>email accounts>view or change existing email accounts... But I was not able to resolve the name. Is this because the name is hidden? If this is the case, what is the best way to continue to administer a mailbox once a user leaves. I do not want to disable the account yet. The boss still wants an "out of office auto-reply" for this user for th...

MS Money 2005 is so unstable (final release is still beta quality)
The most current version of MS Money 2005 (.825 release) is *still* in beta, imho. After struggling with sooo many bugs, I've decided to return Money 2005. This was the main problem, but I encountered numerous other bugs. I posted messages, opened support tickets w/MS, etc. I am going back to '03 (which works great!)... BTW, here's a list of the bugs I submitted both to this group and MS: 1) Create (not just add) account setup - bank list is *still* unavailable. <http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=b002b9b3.0410022212.20d51054%40posting.google.com> 2) Money crashes *eve...

Updating to New Key
I've searched this forum, but can't find the exact answer to this question although I know I've read it before. My MS Money Plus version expires on October 6. I purchased the new version of MS Money Plus in June. So is it BEST for me to reinstall from that MS Money Plus download and then put in the Product Key? Or is it BEST to just go to Online Services and click Update Product Key & put in the Product Key? Can I do this now before it expires or do I have to wait until it expires and then do it? Thanks for your advice. I am hoping that just putting in the new Product Key n...

Line Wrapping Fix Not Working
I'm aware of Microsoft's registry changes to prevent line wrapping in plain text messages: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=823921 However, it seems to not have any effect. I'm running Outlook 2003 on WinXP (with Office XP as the rest of my Office environment). I'm connecting to an Exchange 2003 server in Cached mode and have my default message format changed to plain text. Has anyone had any issues getting the registry change to go into effect? When replying to messages, the very strange line wrapping behavior persists, even with the WrapLines key set to 0. Any help wo...

move exchange databases to a different drive(SAN)
Hi, I have exchange 2003 enterprise server here and would like to know if it just a question of changing the database locations on the database tab and will exchange move the database files for me or I need to move them myself? -- George On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 06:02:04 -0800, George <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have exchange 2003 enterprise server here and would like to know if it >just a question of changing the database locations on the database tab and >will exchange move the database files for me or I need to move them myself? It will do ...

Unhide database window
Hi, I hide database window window in the start up of the application,in Office 2003 i use the below code to unhide it: DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWindowUnhide I try to use the same code with Office 2007 but it does not work,can anybody help? (...) > I hide database window window in the start up of the application,in > Office 2003 i use the below code to unhide it: > DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWindowUnhide > > I try to use the same code with Office 2007 but it does not work,can > anybody > help? Try this instead: DoCmd.SelectObject acTable,"",True K.P. MVP, Pola...