how does the WLM 2011 beta contact system / database work?

Using WLM 2011 beta (Build 15.4.3002.0810) German version, on a 32-bit Win7
Ultimate system.

Everything works relatively fine but i am confused with the Windows
Contacts.
As i have a live mail account, i can synchronize my contacts on other
computers.

But how has this system changed from OutlookExpress over WindowsMail to WLM?
And is there a major difference to OUTLOOK (2007 or 2010) contacts?

I have noticed that compatibility to certain mobile phones is no longer
given.

Have a SonyEricsson w995 and SonyEricsson offers a sync software called "pc
suite" which has compatibility to outlook, outlookExpress and WindowsMail,
but will not recognize WLM 2011 for syncing contacts.

I know that in this particular case it is a problem of SonyEricsson,
but still i am confused with the number of times MS seems to change the
storage format of contacts ....

greetings

Roland Schweiger

0
Roland

Roland,
Inline..

--
....winston
ms-mvp mail

"Roland Schweiger"  wrote in message news:i6j6ka$69v$1@news.eternal-september.org...

Using WLM 2011 beta (Build 15.4.3002.0810) German version, on a 32-bit Win7
Ultimate system.

Everything works relatively fine but i am confused with the Windows
Contacts.
As i have a live mail account, i can synchronize my contacts on other
computers.

But how has this system changed from OutlookExpress over WindowsMail to WLM?
- A lot
    * OE stored contacts in a wab file
    * Windows Mail in C:\Users\<windows name>\Contacts
    * WLM stores them in contacts database file(*.edb) and only accessible via WLM and WLMsgr

And is there a major difference to OUTLOOK (2007 or 2010) contacts?
    * Outlook stores contacts in its *.pst file

I have noticed that compatibility to certain mobile phones is no longer
given.
    - Contact acces on a mobile phone is determined by the phone supporting Windows Live online contacts, not WLM.

Have a SonyEricsson w995 and SonyEricsson offers a sync software called "pc
suite" which has compatibility to outlook, outlookExpress and WindowsMail,
but will not recognize WLM 2011 for syncing contacts.
    - because it can read wab, User\..\Contacts or a pst file but not *.edb

I know that in this particular case it is a problem of SonyEricsson,
but still i am confused with the number of times MS seems to change the
storage format of contacts ....
    - as noted above, in this version and the foreseeable future..synchronization with phones is via the online contacts(contacts.live.com, not WLM)

0
winston

Training database
Is there any way to put this into plain english I am much better at visual instruction, I to am trying to build a training data base that can generate reports of who has been trained and be able to assign certain training modules to certain job functions. Here is what I want. 1. A list of employees, what location they work at, what they have been trained on, what they still need to be trained on, who trained them, when they were trained, and when they are due to be retrained. It would be nice to be able to have several employees enrolled in every class. I have tables set up as follows ...

Only entourage works
Office 2004 and OS 10.3.4 Office X works fine, but all Office 2004 apps except Entourage quit at the splash screen and ask me if I want to send an error report. I didn't really think it would be the fonts since Office X works, but I pulled them all out and tested individually, but it doesn't seem to be the fonts. When I check the applications in System Profiler, it only lists Entourage. Any ideas? Thanks, Susan Try repairing permissions. For OS 10.2/10.3: Go to Macintosh HD/Applications/Utilities. Open up Disk Utility. Select your hard disk, then click the First Aid tab. Cli...

Can't populate frx_entity table in th glx database
After running Account modifier, I can't get into FRx for our test company. I get the error 9 with a message subscript out of range ...occurred while populating the frl_entity table in GLX database. I ran the server-based indexing scripts, truncated gl00105, and ran check links on Account master. I'm not so sure I got the right gl32 file. How do track this file down? Does anyone have any othe rideas? Thanks. Jim -- Jim ...

bookmark not working anymore
I have a form that has a combo box, which has the list of project names in the Project table and when the user chooses one of them, the fields that are related to the project gets populated. The problem is that it was working fine until couple of days ago, and the changes I've made since then are adding 3 command buttons which each of them ables/disables the Visible property of various components of the form. Basically it makes different parts of the table appear and disappear and the combo box that is causing the problem is part of that too. The code is as follows: Private Sub C...

System.xml.xmlnode class and XSD file
Hello. I'm trying to develop a web comsuming client using VS.NET 2003(VB), .NET Framework 1.1.4322, ASP.NET 1.1.4322, WSE2.0 on a WinXP Pro Sp2 comuter. I've done other web consuming client programs for services that passed datatables. This service i am trying to consume has it's function type as system.xml.xmlnode. When i added the web service, i thought it would generate an XSD for me, but it did not. It did for previous programs. I'm not sure if is supposed to. The service i am trying to consume is at: https://xatanet.net/xatanetwebservice/tripexportservice.asmx...

Paste Values not working in Excel 2003 (?)
Hi, Using Excel 2003 with Win xp Pro I copy a range of cels, then I choose EDIT > PASTE SPECIAL > VALUES and it does NOT paste ALL the cel contentent... It does paste all the cels, but only the first 3 lines of each cel's content. Is there any limitation in the number of characters ? Thanks ALex This is not the exact problem you describe, put perhaps it's related: XL2000: "255 Characters in Cell" Error When Copying Worksheet, at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213548 -- HTH - -Frank Isaacs Dolphin Technology Corp. http://vbapro.com ...

Email router doesn't start (Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EmailAgent.SystemS
Hi I get this message in the event log when trying to restart the mscrm email router service. This was working until a day ago but not anymore. I have looked at the actual file and there is nothing in it like no data - 0KB. I have repaired email router but no luck.. any ideas what else i could pelase try. Regards Snow White Have you tried to restart the "Microsoft CRM Email Router" service on server? are you not able to access email router configuration ? Btw are we talking about CRM 4.0? /Aamir Hi Aamir this is crm 4.0 Yes i have tried to restart the service and the error...

Service part away from account/contact
I managed to get rid of the service menus in the navigation pane through sitemap.xml changes but how do I remove it from the account/contact forms ?? Jack Forget it, when you remove it from workplace it don't show in company/contact form :) Jack "Jack" <jackdSPAM@jackd.dk> skrev i en meddelelse news:ucDmJgd7GHA.3396@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I managed to get rid of the service menus in the navigation pane through >sitemap.xml changes but how do I remove it from > the account/contact forms ?? > > Jack > ...

CRM 3.0 Reports Not Working in Outlook Client
Recently we had to republish all the reports on the SQL server (2005) in order for them to show up in the web client. They now do and can be run. However, none of our laptop clients are able to run a report. When a user clicks on the report link, they get the following error: Server error '/' application The request failed with HTTP status 401: unauthorized. These same users can run the reports through the web client. I'm at a complete loss and appreciate any and all help. Thanks, Jason Little more background: CRM 3.0 and SQL Server 2005 are on different servers OS: Windows ...

How to retrieve entirely my contact and Calendar
Very urgent and vital I was able finally to retrieve all my mails and folder in my outlook. I need to do the something for my contacts (my address book) and calendar. Could you please explain to me the step by step, thank you? ...

Office 2010 beta 11-21-09
I am getting a new computer with 64 bit Windows 7. I have just received the e-mail offering the beta version of Office 2010. I see the advice is to install the 32 bit version even if you are using 64 bit operating system, which seems counter-intuitive. Can anyone tell me (preferably from experience) (1) whether this is correct and why; and (2) whether installing this beta is a good idea at all. Thanks Scott If you have plug-ins for any Office program, e.g. Nokia Suite to synchronise your mobile phone with Outlook, they need to be 64-bit if they are to work with the 64-bit ...

Outlook 2000 "Out of memory or system resources" problems
OS: Win XP Pro CPU/Ram: 1.3M Presario Laptop 256MB RAM I run Win XP Pro on Pentium 1.3M with 256MB Ram, I'm getting "out of memory or low in system resources" error while using OUTLOOK 2000. Some folders don't open and and I can't move items between folders. This started just 1 week ago. I've tried updating Office to with SR1 update. It was successful though I got one error "cannot apply patch to C:\config.msi\pt472.tmp....." saying patch may have been applied by other setup... I've tried reinstalling my McAfee virusscan, repairing office(whic...

SetWindowRgn dn't work
I have a function to convert from BMP to RGN i called SetWindowRgn of Static control with RGN from BMPToRGN, it returned true, but i didn't see any change on that Static. Any idea? Thanks. I am unaware of a BMPToRGN function. What does it do? -- Vipin Aravind http://blogs.explorewindows.com "Duy Trinh (Mr.)" <duy.trinh@mobinex.com> wrote in message news:OnHPteF5GHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have a function to convert from BMP to RGN > i called SetWindowRgn of Static control with RGN from BMPToRGN, it > returned > true, but i didn't see any cha...

Frequent Contacts Not Auto Filling
Unlike OE (or other email systems), I cannot get Windows Mail to auto populate the To: or CC: lines with email addresses that I frequently use unless I have used them in the past several days. This is very frustrating as the application claims to do this. I have checked settings and have it set up to do this, but it does not. Does anyone have any suggestions. Thanks much in advance. WinMail keeps a list of the last used 29 addresses (only) in the registry. If you want, you can clear all or some of them. How to clear the email auto-complete entries in Windows Mail http...

F9 crashes database 04-20-10
I have a form (with a subform) that has worked fine until last week. Now if it is open, and the user presses F9 then the database shuts down and wants to send error reports to Microsoft. I've checked that AutoCorrect is off, I have decompiled, compacted and repaired. I've even tried importing everything into a new blank database, but the error still occurs. The only workaround I have been able to come up with is to add {f9} to my autokeys macro and set it to call Requery. This appears to have fixed the problem, although I'm not sure that this won't have wider ...

Database size growing too fast
Hi, We just implemented RMS in our store 2 months ago. I have noticed that the size of the database is already past 1GB mark. Is this normal? Do I need to do anything (say archive records etc) to keep it under control? any help is appreciated. Regards JD We've been using RMS for about 18 months and our db is 250MB. Do you do a really high volume of transactions? We probably only do 30-50 on an average day. But I'm interested in an answer to your question too, since I know that MSDE is limited to 1GB database. "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" wrote: > Hi, &...

Looking for help with database functions
I am working with a non-profit rural community development group. We are trying to put together a "database" to put people looking for work together with people needing services. A sample would might be: Joe Blow; [carpenter, woodworker]; free on tues & thur; willing to trade (equal to $10.00 hr); References: Heidi Hoe, 555-5555, John Doh, 555-5555 ext 100 Jane Doe, needing porch repaired and general yardwork, work on your own schedule, open to Barter; References: Seymour Johnson, 555-5555, Ivan Tootall, 555-5555 Winnie Pooh, looking for someone to read news, books, a...

ACC2000: changing report .Filter does not work
I'm still working on issues in earlier threads. When I use code to change my report's .Filter and set .FilterOn to true, I get no records. When I manually go to the report design, change the .Filter and ..FilterOn, I also get no records. Here's the code I use to change .Filter via code: sWhere = "[cus_no] = '" & sCustnum & "'" DoCmd.OpenReport sReportname, acViewDesign ' Must come before "set rpt" Set rpt = Reports(sReportname) rpt.Filter = sWhere rpt.FilterOn = True DoCmd.Close , , acSaveYes DoEvents ' Allow Access to sa...

I am trying to make a DATABASE of bitmap images...
I got the text field to work right, but the bitmap field keep giving me this message when I try to open it up... The operation on the Bitmap Image object failed. the OLE server may not be registered. To register the OLE server, reinstall it. what does that MEAN? you should do this in SQL Server 2008 Express, it has this functionality called 'FileStream'. it's incredibly powerful; and it's 10,000 times more efficient than either: a) storing paths in database b) storing Ole Objects in database you can actually still use image-bound controls using Access w...

how can I attach a single access database form to an email
I want to attach a single database form to an email, im not sure if this is possible, Do you really mean a Form or a Report? Steve "tony" wrote: > I want to attach a single database form to an email, im not sure if this is > possible, Hi Steve, yes a report "SteveM" wrote: > Do you really mean a Form or a Report? > > Steve > > "tony" wrote: > > > I want to attach a single database form to an email, im not sure if this is > > possible, ...

system and hardware
can anyone recommand on the system and hardware requirements for 1000 and 2000 users deployment for ms crm 4.0? is there a document for the recommanded architecture as well? There's one for 500 concurrent here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3bf7ecda-7eaf-4f1c-bbfe-cae19bc8bb78&displaylang=en Dave Ireland "CRM Chief" <CRMChief@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31D356A7-603E-4856-B5F8-0BBC8EDC7768@microsoft.com... > can anyone recommand on the system and hardware requirements for 1000 and > 2000 users deployment for...

Tickets/Work Orders in RMS.....?
I am about to implement RMS in our retail location, which to better help understand, we are a locksmith company.....I am hoping that RMS has a fit for the following scenario: Customers will come into our store, and bring in a part to be repaired or fixed, and will leave the part(s) and will return at a later time to pick up the item(s). I would like to be able to at the time of drop off, enter in the customer info, product info, service requested, etc., and be able to have the customer sign using our signature capture terminal, and print 2 tickets that 1 can stay with the part(s) in a...

Checks posted to GL - status as 'work'
I posted a check batch and it posted through to the GL, however, when I do an inquiry on the vendor - the payment shows as 'work', there is no check number associated with it, and the invoice it paid still shows up on my AP. I can't find a fix for this on Partner Source's Knowledge Base. Any help is greatly appreciated. Upon further inspection - they did not post through to the GL. The check batch printed and all the payments are in work status but I can't find the batch anywhere to fully post it. -- Cornerstone Enterprise Soltuions, LLC. Chicago, IL ...

CRM Campaign Management Work-around in v1.2
Similar to the quick campaign in v3.0, is there a way to create a phone call activity for "multiple" contacts in v1.2? Afraid not. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "CG" <CG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1DE52140-9144-4B2F-8EC9-9E1671DBB9A2@microsoft.com... Similar to the quick campaign in v3.0, is there a way to create a phone call activity for "multiple" contacts in v1.2? Well, you could create a manual workflow rule that simply creates an activity, and then from any grid in CRM, select "Actions | Apply Rule", and sel...

Mail from Windows Mail contact keeps going to Junk E-mail
How do I stop this? The contact is saved to My Contacts, but his mail keeps going to Junk bin. I have Windows Vista, and the Mail version is 6.0.6 Tools | Junk E-mail Options. Check your settings and the Blocked Senders list. Also check any rules you may have. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "communichi" <communichi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:43C09F55-3EAB-46A5-8550-406E472A3A89@microsoft.com... > How do I stop this? The contact is saved to My Contacts, but his mail > keeps > going...