How do I set sent column to show recipient instead of sender

I have transfered all my email from outlook express (XP) to a new windows 7
computer running windows live mail. All is good except for the sent items
list. It is showing myself instead of the recipient , why is this and is
there a way to correct it ?

Hi, viporpa.

This should work in WLM just about as it always has in OE:  Right-click on
any column header, click Columns... and choose the ones you want.  I see
both From and To as options.  Note that you may some differences between the
columns in Mail from those in News.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"viporpa" <viporpa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have transfered all my email from outlook express (XP) to a new windows
> 7
> computer running windows live mail. All is good except for the sent items
> list. It is showing myself instead of the recipient , why is this and is
> there a way to correct it ?

Right-click on any column header, such as Subject, click Columns, then
add the To column header.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"viporpa" <viporpa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>I have transfered all my email from outlook express (XP) to a new =
windows 7=20
> computer running windows live mail. All is good except for the sent =
items=20
> list. It is showing myself instead of the recipient , why is this and =
is=20
> there a way to correct it ?
0
Gary
5/21/2010 4:45:42 PM
For all messages or just the transferred OE messages ?
If only the latter, how was the transfer accomplished ?

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"viporpa" <viporpa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC63DAEE-A541-4B4A-9222-0267AD118BAF@microsoft.com...
> I have transfered all my email from outlook express (XP) to a new windows 7
> computer running windows live mail. All is good except for the sent items
> list. It is showing myself instead of the recipient , why is this and is
> there a way to correct it ?
0
winston
5/21/2010 6:08:42 PM
I have tried that in the columns area , but it did not work. It still shows
myself. Im lost . . . .

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

> Right-click on any column header, such as Subject, click Columns, then
> add the To column header.

> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "viporpa" <viporpa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC63DAEE-A541-4B4A-9222-0267AD118BAF@microsoft.com...
> >I have transfered all my email from outlook express (XP) to a new windows 7
> > computer running windows live mail. All is good except for the sent items
> > list. It is showing myself instead of the recipient , why is this and is
> > there a way to correct it ?
> .

Both the To and From column entries show yourself? Very peculiar!

>I have tried that in the columns area , but it did not work. It still =
shows=20
> myself. Im lost . . . .=20
>=20
> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
>=20
>> Right-click on any column header, such as Subject, click Columns, =
then
>> add the To column header.
>>=20
>> --=20
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>=20
>>=20
>> "viporpa" <viporpa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>> >I have transfered all my email from outlook express (XP) to a new =
windows 7=20
>> > computer running windows live mail. All is good except for the sent =
items=20
>> > list. It is showing myself instead of the recipient , why is this =
and is=20
>> > there a way to correct it ?
>> .

0
Gary

can't select field in view to move or set properties
Ever had this problem? Got to be the strangest thing. Well, I found the answer and have to give credit to Mitch Milan's blog and apparaently Nithya Balasubramanian for finding the problem. The problem is when customizing a view you can't select a field to move it to the right or left or edit the width. Here is the answer: http://blogs.infinite-x.net/2007/11/10/solution-to-unable-to-edit-view-columns/ In case this link doesn't work the answer is simply and quite strangely adding about:blank to your trusted sites or to the local intranet site depending on what zone your crm ...

Address book showing business fax?
Hi. I have OL2003, and when I click on the To: or CC: buttons (displaying the address book) I see 2 entries for people with business faxes as well as email addresses. Is there a way to filter the address book to only show entries for email? Thanks. The standard behavior for the Outlook Address book is to display all electronic addresses (both fax and e-mail). That behavior cannot be changed. The only way to prevent the display of fax numbers is to store them in a different field or to disguise them (e.g., precede them with an alpha character) so that Outlook won't recognize them as ph...

help setting up windows mail
Hello! I am trying to set up my windows mail using an @live.com e-mail address, yet I cannot find the POP and/or STMP information for @live addresses anywhere. What do I enter in these two fields? Thank you in advance! To follow up with more information about my problem, I found the site: http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry?sa=115122547 I thought I would be all set to go. I used the POP3 name of: pop3.live.com (Port 995) When I leave the (Port 995) on it, it says it is an invalid POP account. When I do it without the (Port 995), ...

Excel column headers #2
The column headers (in gray above my worksheet) are numbers instead of letters. I have Excel 2003. How can this be changed? It is very confusing when trying to write formulas. Happy new year This is one of your settings. Go into TOOLS > OPTIONS Then the GENERAL tab There's an option for R1C1 refernce style :-) Danny "Tara" wrote: > The column headers (in gray above my worksheet) are numbers instead of > letters. I have Excel 2003. How can this be changed? It is very confusing > when trying to write formulas. ...

GL20000
Greetings - I have a client that absolutely insists that She has ability from FRx Viewer to see not only document numbers but CustomerID's or VendorID's. In other words - telephone expenses are $10,000 - Viewer should show - VendorID - Document Number and Amount. Std FRx does not include Vendor or Customer Data. I was checking the GL20000 table. I noticed that the Reference Column and DSCRIPTN column could be updated with VendorID or CustomerID..(from the ORMSTRID column of same table) Question is......... Will updating this table effect anything else in GP? Y...

bank activity not showing up
When I look at my bank account, the balance is correct, but some of the debits and charges that appear on my bank's website (BofA) do not appear in Money 2005: however -- the balance is correct. Can anyone explain this to a moron like me? What am I missing? -- Cheers, Tom G. In microsoft.public.money, Tom G wrote: >When I look at my bank account, the balance is correct, but some of the >debits and charges that appear on my bank's website (BofA) do not appear in >Money 2005: however -- the balance is correct. > >Can anyone explain this to a moron like me? What...

Counting Two Characteristics from Two different Columns
I have a spreadsheet that lists Account Rep names in Column "A", Client Names in Column "B" and client status in Column "C" (i.e. active or inactive) Bob | Medco | Active Tim | Johnson | Inactive Tim | P-Products| Active Jill | Kaystar | Active Tim | Gemni | Active Bob | Transcorp | Inactive At the top of the Spreadsheet I want to tally the information to indicate that Tim has three clients, 2 Active Client and 1 Inactive client I believe I have done this before, but cannot for the life of me remember what I did - I have tried to do a SUMPRODUCT...

Selective data transfer to other columns
Any help is surely appreciated. I have a sheet where col.a represents expenses, col. b represents numericaly coded reasons for the expense ie: 1,2,3 - owner request, error, unforseen conditions etc.with a legend shown elsewhere. I would like to enter the reason code in b1 and have the value of a1 transfered to the appropriate reason column on row 1. Thanks for any assistance, Tom I think I know what you want! Create a table (maybe your legend) with your codes in the left column, and the reason in the right column. Name the table range "legend". In your A1 cell, in your e...

Excel missing columns when printing to pdf
I have a series of large Excel spreadsheets that need to be printed t pdf. In the print preview, the last few columns are missing, even whe they are included in the print area. Any help would be gratefull received as these large data sheets are a mainstay of our business.. -- DRAWIS ----------------------------------------------------------------------- DRAWIST's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2539 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38869 Try View - Page break preview and adjust the pages using the blue lines. ...

Outlook 2002 Change Sent Items Folder?
Hi, Is it possible to change where the sent items are held in Outlook 2002? I can only find an option to turn on/off sent items being held. I would like to store my sent items in an IMAP folder. Would I have to set up some "rules" to move items into my imap sent folder? Many thanks Brendan ...

Non MR's and Blanks to show
Good afternoon, I have a table that shows the following text fields - Date - Associate - Status - StatusCode - Method - each of these fields are text fields (except for date is Date field) I am trying to set up a query in design view to say the following: For Date [parameter], group by associate, group by status (if the status does not equal "ROUTED"), show only the statuscodes that are <>MR or BLANK. My problem is the last statement. Basically what is happening when I say "show me the non MR's" it is pulling all the non MR's but also disregarding the bla...

setting up tasks/reminders
I am using Outlook 2003 and want to send a reminder to several people concerning an upcoming project. I set it up in my tasks but it states that since I have it going to more than one person the task will not be updated. Also, I do not see who has accepted or declined. Is there a better way to do this? Selby wrote: > I am using Outlook 2003 and want to send a reminder to several people > concerning an upcoming project. I set it up in my tasks but it states > that > since I have it going to more than one person the task will not be > updated. > Also, I...

Union Queries
To cut a long story short, i've got a union query that is a full outer join of 2 tables. Anyway, the results i have got back needed formatting to no decimal places. How do i do that? I've tried leaving it as it is and formatting it in the report, but it still doesn't format and i can't total it up. It's like it is showing as a text and not number. Is there a way of converting the result to a number, particularly within a sql Using the Format() function has the effect of turning the result into text. Could you use the Round() function instead? -- Allen Browne - M...

Creating a Formula to Format Column automatically? #3
Can I record it as a macro or anything like that? I have to run it o five sheets. I've tried to conditional formatting, and it works only o one cell, unless I'm doing it wrong -- bludovic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bludovico's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1480 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26434 not sure what you are trying to do but conditional formating can be coped and pasted. you have also conditional format an entire column/row by selected the en...

Automatic column deletion
In a nutshell, is there any way to have a column delete itself automatically based on established parameters...specifics follow. I am running Excel 2002 SP2 I receive an excel spreadsheet feed from an external source. The feed consists of everything shipped out of a distribution warehouse to all locations it ships to in the world. The material is supposed to be segregated by destination. That is; the contents of each container is supposed to be destined for only one location. The contents and its destination are burned onto a Radio Frequency (RF) tag, which is used for tracking the shipm...

Setting up email groups
I have outlook 2002 and need to set up some email groups, like church, work, etc. Can't figure it out....duh. Thanks Donald Allen, you wrote on Tue, 16 Jun 2009 09:47:01 -0400: > I have outlook 2002 and need to set up some email groups, like church, > work, etc. Create a new distribution list: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/284292/en-us If I missunderstood please clarify what you want to do. -- Best Regards Christian Goeller MVP - MS Outlook http://www.outlookfaq.net You mean a distribution group. You should be able to, in your Address Book select File > New Entry &...

Cannot Send to this Recipient
When a user creates an appointment in Microsoft Outlook CRM Laptop Client by clicking the "NEw Appointment" Icon we get the following back from "System Administrator". This usually occurs for internal users only, and a subsequent RESEND gets the appointment through. The only information Microsofts KB has on this is an acknowledgement of the problem, and no estimate on repair. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Any Subject Does it Sent: 12/10/2007 12:03 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: &#...

Can I convert columns to rows?
I need to convert address information, which is on word and listed vertically, to an excel spreadsheet, and have the information list out horizontally. Is this possible to do? I am familiar with the basics of each program, but using "range,formula,value" options in excel confuses me. Here's an example: (My data in word) Mel's Tire Store, Inc. 300 Culbertson Avenue Worland, WY 82401 (307) 347-3601 Need to copy and paste so data spreads horizontally in Excel, under these colum headings: "Business Name" "Address" "City&qu...

set up automatic email response to notify when out of office
When I am going to be out of the office and someone tries contacting me by email I want to be able to have an email saying I'm out of the office and when I'll be back. "Automatic email response out of office" <Automatic email response out of office@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92FF79D8-2B48-4AF9-8CE4-3BD86C329E03@microsoft.com... > When I am going to be out of the office and someone tries contacting me by > email I want to be able to have an email saying I'm out of the office and > when I'll be back. If you use an ...

Formula displays instead of value
Corporate sends Excel spreadsheets that do not allow entry of a formula. If a formula is entered it shows with the leading = sign. I cannot get it to display the value of the formula. Have tried formatting the cells to number, but that does not work. If I copy the formula to a blank spreadsheet it displays the value properly. Please help with suggestions. thanks, Ron Hi after changing the format to 'Number' or 'General' re-enter the formula. If this does not help check under 'Tools - Options - View' that 'formulas' is unchecked -- Regards Frank Kabel Frank...

Need Assistance With Defining Column Value in a View
In view design I wish a row to calculate the UnitDiscountAmt by multiplying the UnitPrice * DiscountRate if DiscountRate >0, Else just show the UnitPrice. Now if I were doing this in Access I would IIf([DiscountRate]=0, [UnitPrice], [UnitPrice]*[DiscountRate]. How would I write this in the view? CASE (which is more generic than IIF and also ANSI SQL). Something like: SELECT col1 ,CASE WHEN DiscountRate > 0 THEN UnitPRice*DiscountRate ELSE Unitprice AS colname END ,col3 FROM ... -- Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.as...

Macro to add data to the bottom of columns
I am looking for a way to automate the insertion of constant data to the bottom row of the column. This last row will change everytime I use this spreadsheet so the insertion needs to find the last row everytime and append to the next line. Can anyone assist? Thank you, Rick Hi Rick Maybe this is useful http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy1.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:917D7EA1-451A-4895-982A-ABB6EEB7AF66@microsoft.com... >I am looking for a way to automate the insertion of constant ...

crystal configuration manager shows no server...
hi, since all the crystal services are running (i can see them from services screen), i could not see any crystal servers in the crystal configuration manager list. all servers are enabled and i can see any errors about them. what can the reason be? regards, orkun ...

Two identical sets of personal folders list, how to correct?
(Since I have swedish version of Outlook 2000, the terms might differ in english) I happend, a few days ago, when attemting to make a backup file of my calender folder in Outlook 2000 create a second set of personal folder list. All items seems to be of the same names and same sizes in the both sets. I can�t get rid of it, Outlook does not permit it to be closed, since it contains calendar, contacts and POP-mail box. Outlook seems to work just OK, and the pst file has not grown in size, so the data itself does not seem to have been duplicated. Should I try to correct this, and if so, how?...

Outlook periodically points to DC instead of Exchange server
Hi, I have a strange issue that started recently. Outlook clients on the network will occasionally get the balloon that says "Outlook is retrieving data... from server SATSAD1.mydomain.com". The problem is that this server is only an Active Directory DC. My exchange server is SATSMAIL.mydomain.com. Any ideas why this would happen? It always correctly finds the exchange server eventually, but why would it THINK that the other server is the exchange server? Thanks! <stephen@stulz-ats.com> wrote in message news:1121949667.424275.157010@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > ...