Hi knowledgeable people.
I am looking for instructions on how to create a range of basic templates
that I can use, perhaps even by selecting them as 'stationery', for example;
if I go to >New >Format >Apply stationery, or any other similar method.

I can create new html stationery backgrounds, but this is NOT what I am
looking for, as a lot of people still read email in plain text only...does
this make sense?

Plain text templates would be fine.

I simply can't find any info on creating email templates anywhere to suit
this Windows Live Mail Desktop version.

Any ideas accepted, even html solutions please.

Thank You.

Create a new plain text message and save it to your desktop. Repeat for =
as many templates as you desire.. Double click the saved=20
file to start a new message.

--
....winston
ms-mvp mail

"Wasawelda"  wrote in message =

Hi knowledgeable people.
I am looking for instructions on how to create a range of basic =
templates
that I can use, perhaps even by selecting them as 'stationery', for =
example;
if I go to >New >Format >Apply stationery, or any other similar method.

I can create new html stationery backgrounds, but this is NOT what I am
looking for, as a lot of people still read email in plain text =
only...does
this make sense?

Plain text templates would be fine.

I simply can't find any info on creating email templates anywhere to =
suit
this Windows Live Mail Desktop version.

Any ideas accepted, even html solutions please.

Thank You.=20

0
winston
7/15/2010 6:08:24 PM
I have a few templates saved. Basically, they are just e-mails with the
address(s) already entered, and for some, a common subject or "first
sentence", etc.

I just create what I want, and then File | Save As and save them as a .txt
file to a common folder on the Desktop. I click on them to start the
message rather than a regular new message window. Does this work for you?
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"Wasawelda" <Wasawelda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi knowledgeable people.
> I am looking for instructions on how to create a range of basic
> templates
> that I can use, perhaps even by selecting them as 'stationery', for
> example;
> if I go to >New >Format >Apply stationery, or any other similar method.
>
> I can create new html stationery backgrounds, but this is NOT what I am
> looking for, as a lot of people still read email in plain text
> only...does
> this make sense?
>
> Plain text templates would be fine.
>
> I simply can't find any info on creating email templates anywhere to
> suit
> this Windows Live Mail Desktop version.
>
> Any ideas accepted, even html solutions please.
>
> Thank You.

0
Bruce

how to create a dynamic descending list of months & years
I'm trying to create a spreadsheet whereby in cell A1 I enter in any given Month and Year ("January 2005", formatted as a date), and in cells B1:J1 the previous months and years show up (December 2004; November 2004; October 2004; etc....) If I type in "April 1985", the adjacent cells would read "March 1985; February 1985; January 1985; December 1984; etc... I've thought of a couple laboriuos, crude, potentially faulty ways of doing this, but it seems like there should be an eloquent solution. Very much appreciated!!! Marika :) Can you put the followi...

Listboxes are Starting at the Bottom Instead of at the Top!
Good Day, I have a question as to why all of my listboxes, when clicked, display the first blank data (after the last alphabetical text), requiring a user to scroll up instead of scroll down. How can the listbox always start with top ("A") record. The listbox is getting its values from a source column containing data that is pasted into the column with code (different filtering macros create different lists in this column). Thank you, Eric You can "re-create" your lists using an array formula, like =INDEX(A:A,SMALL(ROW($2:$1000),ROW(2:2))) and don't forget to ...

how to create a custom 'security role' like grid?
Hi, I want to implement a custom 'grid' like the one used in 'security roles - core records', where you can select certain items with a 'litle circle' Can anyone tell me how to do this? regards, Natascha On Jun 15, 12:41=A0pm, Vantuykom <Vantuy...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > I want to implement a custom 'grid' like the one used in 'security roles = - > core records', where you can select certain items with a 'litle circle' > > Can anyone tell me how to do this? > regards, Natascha Hi you should use imag...

GDI Help Please
Windows ME, HP 970CXI Printer, Publisher 2000 Keep getting the following error message when I try to print from Publisher: Mspub has caused an error in GDI.EXE. MSpub will now close. If you continue to experience problems, try restarting your computer. I just installed the latest driver that I received from HP,and I keep getting this problem. It's getting very fustrating. Can anyone help? Update your video driver and your problems should be over. Next time buy a quality brand of printer, not a lemon brand. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are tortu...

entering new data in a saved spreadsheet without losing formulas?
How do I do this? Hi Jackie, As long as you do not overwrite the formulas, then any new data will not affect the formula. I suspect though that there is more to this question. Are you concerned about writing new data into a cell that has a formula in it? The way to stop a cell's data being overwritten is to put protection onto it. This means taking protection off all the other cells otherwise you will not be able to write data to any cell. First select the whole worksheet concerned, then go to Format\Cells and select the protection tab and unselect the 'locked' tick box,...

Macro Help Please excel 2003
I need a button so that when pressed it exports the data from the cell range sheet 1: A21:S81, it also exports the info from the same range A21:S81 on sheet 2 to an external excel workbook. I need it to export all the data onto sheet 1 of the external workbook, and each time the button is pressed it needs to find the first available row of the external workbook and copy over, this is so that all data is always saved on a massive long list. Thanks Neil. let us stick on to the original post. I have posted a response for your latest request. -- Jacob "Neil H...

concatenate several of records in a field to 1 record
Hi all, what is the best way to concatenate several of data records in a field into 1 for example i have the field named animal and inside i have bird,dog and a cow how can i concatenateall of them to have 1 field called bird,dog,cow? Have a look at either http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0004.htm or http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0008.htm depending on your setup. --=20 Joan Wild Microsoft Access MVP "thread" <yaniv.dg@gmail.com> wrote in message = news:1179848700.403433.313710@a26g2000pre.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > what is the best way to concatena...

Add-on for Sales Question
Hello, I need to add sales functionality to Outlook, for a single user. I was told about BCM. Do you use BCM or a similar product? I would appreciate any recommendation on this. Thank you very much. Talal Itani "Talal Itani" <titani@verizon.net> wrote in message news:10QTh.20$Da6.3@trnddc02... > Hello, > > I need to add sales functionality to Outlook, for a single user. I > was told about BCM. Do you use BCM or a similar product? I would > appreciate any recommendation on this. Thank you very much. Read replies to the prior thread you already ...

Month start placement on axes
I have a formatted chart in excel and the major tick marks and month data is showing in the actual middle of the month. How do I make the tick label and mark show at the beginning of the actual month? Presumably you have a date-scale axis, with the base unit in months. Double click the axis, change Base Unit to Days, change Major Unit to 1 Month, and change the Minimum to the first of a month. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Jo" <Jo@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Templates in excel start folder not working
I'm developing an excel app which stores it's code in a template. I would like to place this template somewhere that is visible to all users, which the excel documentation suggests is the "xlstart" folder. When I place my template in this folder it does appear in the list when I try to create a new document, but I can not actually create a document from it (clicking on the template name has no effect). Any ideas on what's going on? The same template works fine if I put it under my documents and settings template directory. I'm using Excel 2003 Pro SP1. - Rick Do ...

templates in folder list in Outlook 2002
I was wondering if anybody has figured out a way to get templates to appear in the folder list using Outlook 2002. I have numeous templates that I use daily and having them in the folder list would be so much easier than the 'choosing form' dialog box each time. Thanks. ...

How to open workbook from workbook template without hardcoding
Hi Thanks for the answer to my previous question but I left out a vital point sorry. Could anyone tell me how to open a workbook from a workbook template, where both files are in the same folder, without hardcoding the path. I have tried code like this without success. Workbooks.open (Thisworkbook.path & "\somefile.xls") This code works fine when opening a workbook from another workbook, but not from a template. Thanks in advance Mick If the file that contains the code was based on a template, then you're going to have to save it before it has a .path property. (If y...

GP should allow you to create a return for drop ship items!
What is the reason behind not being able to create a return for drop ship items? Do you think customer who receive their product via drop ship never have to return an item? This is really short sided on your part. 95% of our business is drop ship and we have return all the time. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsread...

DataSet Question-Please Help
I need to compare the count of an amount of matches in one column to a match of a dataset in 2 columns- An example is best: Column 1 Column 2 Result 2 1 1 2 1 1 2 1 1 2 1 1 3 4 blank 3 5 blank So in looking at column 1 and 2 if the count of column 1 equals the count of column 1 and 2 matching then the new column equals co...

Create list to choose from
Hi, I'm just trying to create a short pulldown list in a spreadsheet. Instead of having to retype repetitve selections for this spreadsheet that gets used a lot, I'd like to create a pulldown list, but I'm not sure which kind of list to choose and I'm not sure how to enter the list. Can anyone help. Thanks a bunch. Diana Hi Dianah i'ld go with data / validation check out Debra Dalgleish's site for details http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html cheers JulieD "Dianah" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OLWdR3GWEHA.2716@tk2msftngp13.phx....

New Update - CCNA BSCI ARCH CCIE-SEC
More downloads for you !!! >>> Hello, Below is the list of files recently got posted at http://CertCityForum.com If you have trouble accessing the download link then please refer to Forum rules - http://certcityforum.com/index.php/topic,3.0.html 640-801 - 836 Questions - 6/6/2006 Cisco Certified Network Associate ******************************************* 642-801 - 687 Questions - 6/6/2006 Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI) ******************************************* 642-871 - 260 Questions - 6/6/2006 Designing Cisco Network Services Architecture ************...

new e-mail
need to set up my e-mail. dont know where to get the info they need From your mail server. Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-finish -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Sharon" <Sharon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7B39132-E6F9-45E7-ADDA-DA234D0A023C@microsoft.com... > need to set up my e-mail. dont know where to get the info they need Do you have an existing email addres...

refresh Workplace screen or notify when new email
Our users are complaining that they don't know when new email comes into CRM. Has anybody found a good workaround? Maybe an automatic screen refresh or some sort of notification? I'd appreciate any ideas. Thanks. ...

How do I create a pdf or txt file?
I need to get my word files that save as (.doc) to a (.txt or .pdf) file. Is there anyway to do that without the software? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01CA7C42.604BDA30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Deana, This newsgroup is specifically for matters dealing with Microsoft = Project. I suggest you try to find a more appropriate newsgroup that = deals with Word problems. However, from the Save As... dialog, at the bottom is Type selection = which should ha...

Is there a way to disable quick create
The quick create screen is very annoying, is there a way to force only the use of full forms when clicking new from the lookup dialogue. Anyone? Is this possible system wide? I did find one thing regarding the web.config file but it doesn't seem to work. Adding the following to web.config under <appSettings> <add key="RenderQuickCreateControl" value="Off"/> Any advice would be good. I don't want end users to be able to create using the quick create funtionality. "Simon W3st" wrote: > The quick create screen is very annoying, is t...

create new mail item from current item
Greetings, How can I create a new mail item from the active inspector current item? Thank you, Please provide more details on what you want to do. In other words, what does the current item have to do with the new item you want to create? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "lindstrom" wrote: > Greetings, > How can I create a new mail item from the active inspector current item? > Thank you, > > --- > fr...

moving deleted items to a new folder disappear-why?
I want to move deleted items to a new "deleted item folder"i.e "deleted 021910. When I perform this step-many times the deleted items that I think move actually disappear. Where do they go? Why does this happen? At the same time a "new message" opens up looking for me to send an e-mail to some one and attached to this "new message" are multiple attachments. this is really stange. I need help. Craig "craigandmel" <craigandmel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E2C3AAF-0433-41E2-A5D4-2803C3F44D86@mic...

Disabling the 'From' option within New Message
Is there a way to disable the 'From' option on the Options drop-down on the new message. I was looking at this yesterday. I was able to select a user's email address other than my own to be the sender. Where can this be disabled? Outlook 2003/Exchange2003 Thanks in advance You can't disable it, but unless you have Send as permissions, it will either send as "on behalf of" (if you are a delegate) or come back as undeliverable. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual Quick...

Vista start-up & networking w/ XP
I have two questions if someone can assist or at least direct me where to find some answers. Where is the "correct place" to store start-up scripts in Vista and Windows 7? Traditionally in Windows XP this is done using local policy editor and setting the startup/shutdown scripts. Because I have Vista Home Premium, this feature is disabled. I know this is probably stored some where in the registry, but I am not sure where this is. The second question has to do with networking. I have two machines one running Vista Home Premium and the second is a Windows XP machine. I h...

Looking for information on creating a multithreaded com project VS
Hi; I'm looking for a tutorial or article on creating an MFC COM DLL project in VS2005. I have to create a COM dll that will act as a server. this server also has to be able to be multi threaded. Basiclly i will have a the app class and then the class that is the actual guts of the application: CDoSomethingServer (dll code ) CDoSomething (implementation code) I have examples of how this is done in VS 6 then imported into VS 2005, but when i try to accomplish the same thing from scratch in VS 2005 the code does not look like the other projects. Any help would be appreciated. What e...