Hi knowledgeable people.
I am looking for instructions on how to create a range of basic templates
that I can use, perhaps even by selecting them as 'stationery', for example;
if I go to >New >Format >Apply stationery, or any other similar method.

I can create new html stationery backgrounds, but this is NOT what I am
looking for, as a lot of people still read email in plain text only...does
this make sense?

Plain text templates would be fine.

I simply can't find any info on creating email templates anywhere to suit
this Windows Live Mail Desktop version.

Any ideas accepted, even html solutions please.

Thank You.

Create a new plain text message and save it to your desktop. Repeat for =
as many templates as you desire.. Double click the saved=20
file to start a new message.

--
....winston
ms-mvp mail

"Wasawelda"  wrote in message =

Hi knowledgeable people.
I am looking for instructions on how to create a range of basic =
templates
that I can use, perhaps even by selecting them as 'stationery', for =
example;
if I go to >New >Format >Apply stationery, or any other similar method.

I can create new html stationery backgrounds, but this is NOT what I am
looking for, as a lot of people still read email in plain text =
only...does
this make sense?

Plain text templates would be fine.

I simply can't find any info on creating email templates anywhere to =
suit
this Windows Live Mail Desktop version.

Any ideas accepted, even html solutions please.

Thank You.=20

0
winston
7/15/2010 6:08:24 PM
I have a few templates saved. Basically, they are just e-mails with the
address(s) already entered, and for some, a common subject or "first
sentence", etc.

I just create what I want, and then File | Save As and save them as a .txt
file to a common folder on the Desktop. I click on them to start the
message rather than a regular new message window. Does this work for you?
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"Wasawelda" <Wasawelda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi knowledgeable people.
> I am looking for instructions on how to create a range of basic
> templates
> that I can use, perhaps even by selecting them as 'stationery', for
> example;
> if I go to >New >Format >Apply stationery, or any other similar method.
>
> I can create new html stationery backgrounds, but this is NOT what I am
> looking for, as a lot of people still read email in plain text
> only...does
> this make sense?
>
> Plain text templates would be fine.
>
> I simply can't find any info on creating email templates anywhere to
> suit
> this Windows Live Mail Desktop version.
>
> Any ideas accepted, even html solutions please.
>
> Thank You.

0
Bruce

Adding Word Templates in CRM 3.0
Hello all, Our company recently upgraded to 3.0 from 1.2. In 1.2, there was button where I could add Word doc templates to use as contract templates. I am unable to locate this functionality in 3.0. Any directions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Hi Marcos, I guess you were using some third party addon in CRM 1.2 which is not updated for CRM 3. -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/umar.khan "Marcos" wrote: > Hel...

Changes to the global template
Recently I had to start a new username because of some corrupted files. I was able to save my documents. However, everytime that I quit microsoft office a dialogue box appears and says: "Word cannot save changes to the global template because it was opened with read only access. Do you want to save the changes in a template with a different name?" Initially I tried to save it, because I was afraid that the changes to my document would not be saved. Now I click save, and the next dialogue box appears: "Microsoft Visual Basic" "Run-Time errror "5995" Word c...

Creating an Excel table from Access
Hi, I have an Access database which I use to log downtime for systems. I have a requirement to produce a monthly report based on this data, however, this needs to be exported to excel in a specific format. Down the left side of the report need to go the names of the services, with the days (numerically like: 1, 2, 3 .. 29, 30 etc) across the top. Then I need to count the number of times each service was down on a give day, and insert that information into the necessary cell - so if intranet services had been down twice on 16th March, for example, there would be a 2 in column 16, whi...

PST Nightmare
Hey there, This is the last resort for sanity. My PST which holds ALL of my emails is on an external HD, which worked fine up until last week, is over the limit. I did find this out the hard way and ran the SCNPST as well as teh PST2GB things and still nothing. What confuses me is that once i ran the PST2GB thing it told me to complete it with the SCNPST but it would not do it :( The latest and greatest trimming through PST2GB has brought the size down to 1.9GB and some change but still no cigar... Now outlook is giving me the error:"..is not compatible with this versio...

How do I create Vertical line down whole detail section?
As the detail section can grow and shrink I want insert my line using On Print in the property section as per some advise given in another thread (not started by me). The advisor suggested the code [Me.Line (2.3 * 1440, 0) - Step(0, 20 * 1440)] ]but I have no idea how or where to insert it. Can anyone help? How do I create or edit the [event procedure] in On Print in the properties section Open your report in design view and double-click the gray bar above the detail section. This should display the properties dialog. Click the Event properties tab. Click the dropdown in the On...

Linking CRM references when creating Workflow Activities
I have created a Workflow Process that creates a followup phone call and letter whenever a CRM Opportunity status changes from "Qualify" to "Quote". For the Activity Name/ Subject I would like to reference the Opportunity Topic (Name). Is there an easy way of doing this? NOTE: For the Opportunity Topic we are using the estimate number. ...

Starting with a new pst file
Hi, I would like to start with a blank pst file. I want to start again with no contacts, no emails, no appointments. How should I proceed to make this? Thanks for your help, Olivier Olivier Verdin <olivier.verdin@playcorporate.com> wrote: > I would like to start with a blank pst file. I want to start again > with no contacts, no emails, no appointments. Assuming Outlook 2002/2003, since you didn't think it important to mention your Outlook version, click File>New>Outlook Data File, Browse to where you want the new PST (or accept the default), give it a name ...

Help please - tried everything - nothing works
Hi I look after a network for a charity in the UK. We recently implemented web content filtering using Webmarshal from netiq. Users now access the internet using webmarshal's inbuilt proxy server. Since introducing this, users of MS Publisher can no longer access online clipart from within the Publisher programme - by doing a search. You can however view online content by browsing categories in clip organiser. I've been assuming that the issue is with the proxy server configuration and have added various microsoft.com addresses (the ones I've found reference to in Newsgroups) ...

Creating a word2000 document with access 2000 data
I have a database in access 2000 it is basically customer info. address and dates and timesof appointments. I need to place a button on the formpage that prints a letter using the customer details and the date & time entered in the database. Anyone have any clues as to the easiest way to do this.sort of done it using mailmerge but not what I want. Actually want a word document to pop up that the staff can just double check and press print. Any help would be appreciated even just a point in the right direction to a good source of information. to see if the following website's offer...

Adding a new Entity in MSCRM
Hello How can I add a new entity in MSCRM and attach a workflow in this. Are there any detailed steps that I can use to create a new entity in MSCRM. Any help is appreciated Thanks In MSCRM 1.2 you cannot add entities; but in the next release you will be able to "Riz" <Riz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E61839A6-57CA-474D-9D3D-BFB6F8C1543E@microsoft.com... > Hello > How can I add a new entity in MSCRM and attach a workflow in this. > Are there any detailed steps that I can use to create a new entity in > MSCRM. > Any help is appreciated &g...

Naming new server
Cana anyone tell me if there are any implication with Exchange 2003 with having the server physically named "xyz.company.com" and having a cname in the internal dns that point "mail.company.com" to "xyz.company.com"? I'd sooner not have to have users needing to know the specific name of the server they need (whether using pop3/imap/smtp/webmail) but I don't know if using an alias is likely to cause problems? TIA, Paul On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 02:56:43 -0800, Paul Hutchings <paul@spamcop.net> wrote: >Cana anyone tell me if there are any implicat...

can i have a winxp product key please
Hi my computer all a sudden crashed and i reinstalled xp but lost product key and microsoft wont help mecan you please give me a product key No "jack wilkinson" wrote: > Hi my computer all a sudden crashed and i reinstalled xp but lost product > key and microsoft wont help mecan you please give me a product key > > > . > "jack wilkinson" <bargaindirect@clerk.com> wrote in message news:efTeyFszKHA.2436@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi my computer all a sudden crashed and i reinstalled xp but lost product > key and...

Creating a header in word after the second page.
Hi, I am making a word document with a header but i only need the header to appear after the 2nd page. i can make it appear only after the first. any help would be appreciated. Thanks. You could use a field construction { IF { PAGE } > 2 "Your header text" } You must use Ctrl+F9 to insert each pair of field delimiters and Alt+F9 to toggle off their display. Alternatively, you will need to insert a Section Break between the second and third pages and put the information in the Header of the second section of the document after unlinking the header in that ...

workflow send email template to both case contact and account
I am in a desperate search to find a solution for creating a workflow that sends an automated email notification upon Case open to both the contact that submitted the case and parent account's primary contact/email. It seems that i can only do this manually, or send to one or the other but not both. Any suggestions from another service provider that has tackled this issue? Perhaps I am not seeing a logical approach that already exists. thanks, Austin ...

Exchange 5.5 and dcpromo new domain
Hi, I have the following problem: I had an Exchange 5.5 server that was a member server in a NT4 domain. I've upgraded this server to W2K domain controller of a new domain and now, I can't get into the Exchange administrator program anymore: "You do not have the permissions required to complete the operation" and DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS. This must be because only members of the old domain have permissions on the Exchange server (according to the directory service). When i use "runas /user:olddomain\exchange c:\exchsrvr\bin\admin", I get "unknown user na...

Editing ppt created in 2003
I'm using 2007 and trying to edit a ppt that was created in 2003. There is a text box at the bottom of each Title master slide (there are 5 different versions) that is used for the presentation name, date and slide number. I've tried editing the Master title slide for each of the 5 groups but can't get the chages to apply to all of the slides - it will only apply to those slides that I've actually edited. Can someone help? The placeholders must be on the master slides and then they appear (or should appear) on all the slide layouts (the small thumbnails) associate...

Create Contacts with scripts
What are the minimum attributes that is needed to create a fully mailenabled contact by scripting. Mariah I would love to know how to do that myself. Hopefully someone can enlighten us ...

New to CML & VB
I am using VB.net and am having a real problem figuring out how to parse an XML response from a web service. The response I get back is, this is a variable in my app.... <?xml version="1.0"?> <!DOCTYPE confirmation> <confirmation confNumber="123456" statusCode="0" errorNum="300" message="Order Accepted" totalItems="6" totalPieces="6" totalCube="10" totalWeight="100" /> So my question is how do I parse this to get the values into variables names the same as in the XML?? AHIA,...

please help me to fix this mapi32.dll
Hi there, =20 I really hope that you could help with this.. I've been=20 searching all over the place to find a simple answer =20 I have this message when open up Outlook 2000 and=20 sometimes when I open a new Windows XP Pro session "The procedure entry point WNETEnumCachedPasswords could=20 not be located in the dynamic link library MPR.DLL" What can I do to solve the problem? Except for that message, everything seems to be working=20 just fine..=20 I saw in other chatroom that this has to do with the=20 CorelDraw 7 that I've installed. It's now uninstalled =20 I have...

How to create Release mode configure
Hi all, i am building a project, but i removed default Release configure, and now i try to use Debug config to copy to Release and then change something NDEBUG, Debug info is none, uncheck Generate Debug info any one can help me do this so that i dn't need to create new project again? Turn on optimizations. Do NOT turn off "Generate debug info"; it was a fundamental design error in VS to turn this off. You will need it to read crash dumps coming back from the field. Turn off the various runtime checks. Select the libraries to be the MultiThreaded DLL or for static lin...

Duplicating One MSCRM DB to a New Installation
Hi, We have an MSCRM 4.0 instance running in our Live environment. We want to be able to use that data/database for a new preproduction environment. I have some concerns over the suggested guidelines we were given to do this. At a high level: Backup Live databases (Org and config) Restore Live databases onto the new preproduction db server Install MSCRM onto a new preproduction web server, connecting to an existing instance (new preproduction db server) Update ConnectionString and SQLServerName in Config database Note that the Live environment will be up the whole time, we are duplicating...

New fields won't save data ??
Hi I have an upgraded installation to 4.0 where new fields created on accounts won't save data. When I change data in any new field and hit save it blanks out the field. When I type somehting in the old fields on the form these fields save fine. What could this be ? Jack It sounds like a javascript issue with the form. I would check to see if any javascript is running against the form (Onload, Onchange, etc.) Regards "CRM consultant" wrote: > Hi > > I have an upgraded installation to 4.0 where new fields created on accounts > won't save data. When I...

Now that Nuance likely to be sold, "andy t" will need new set of lies <g>
Rumors are rampant in a thread here, as to who is likely to gobble up Nuance, Microsoft, Google, or Apple. <http://www.knowbrainer.com/PubForum/index.cfm?page=viewForumTopic&topic Id=9583> "andy t" will need a whole new set of lies about me, when I continue posting about Speech Recognition. When Nuance is no more, look for Andy to change his tune. He will no longer be able to lie about me being a salesman for Nuance - - - I predict his new lie will claim I am a salesman for Microsoft. hee hee Mark- "Mark Conrad" the troll with ...

How do I open an Excel worksheet in a new window?
How do I open an Excel worksheet in a new window? Start your opening process all over. Don't go through the excel you alread have open. go back to your desktop and open a new excel and then open your workbook through there. "Ymotana" wrote: > How do I open an Excel worksheet in a new window? Do you have a need for something other than >File >New >Blank workbook ? Perhaps Tools>Options>View "Windows in Taskbar" is what you/re looking for. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 15:05:05 -0800, "Ymotana" <Ymotana@discussions.mic...

how to get several payment dates
Hi all! i can't think of how to do this, mabey someone can help me. i have a tbl employees (not our employees but employees from a company thet we sold to) i have the $ amount sold and the # of payments they have to do (credit) this payments vary in that some are every 7 days others every 14, 15 or 30 days, so say an employee bought $100 in Feb-02-2007 and has a credit of 8 weekly payments: EmpID = 1 EmpAmount = $100 EmpCredit = 8 EmpDays = 7 EmpDate = 02/02/2007 now i need to calculate very date we expect payment from them: EmpID EmpNextPay1 EmpNextPay2 EmpNextPay3 EmpNextPa...