How can I remove a word from the dictionary in Windows Live Mail?

Hello,

I made a mistake by adding a word in the dictionary of Windows Live Mail.
Now I would like to remove that word, but I don't know how.

Can somebody give me an advise?

Thanks

Anneke (I am dutch)
0
Anneke

Tools | Options | Spelling | Edit.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP [Mail]

"Anneke" <geen@mail.nl> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I made a mistake by adding a word in the dictionary of Windows Live
> Mail.
> Now I would like to remove that word, but I don't know how.
>
> Can somebody give me an advise?
>
> Thanks
>
> Anneke (I am dutch)

0
Bruce
1/30/2010 5:19:53 PM
Thank you Bruce, but when I click on Edit.. nothing happens.
Anneke

"Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message
> Tools | Options | Spelling | Edit.
> --
>           Bruce Hagen
>         MS-MVP [Mail]
>      Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "Anneke" <geen@mail.nl> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> I made a mistake by adding a word in the dictionary of Windows Live Mail.
>> Now I would like to remove that word, but I don't know how.
>>
>> Can somebody give me an advise?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Anneke (I am dutch)

0
Anneke
1/30/2010 5:28:30 PM
Hello Bruce, here I am again.
I thought I did not work, but now it is ok�.
Thanks!
The problem I had was with the word 'ok�' in Dutch.

> Thank you Bruce, but when I click on Edit.. nothing happens.
> Anneke
>
> "Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message
>> Tools | Options | Spelling | Edit.
>> --
>>           Bruce Hagen
>>         MS-MVP [Mail]
>>      Imperial Beach, CA
>>

>> "Anneke" <geen@mail.nl> wrote in message
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I made a mistake by adding a word in the dictionary of Windows Live
>>> Mail.
>>> Now I would like to remove that word, but I don't know how.
>>>
>>> Can somebody give me an advise?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Anneke (I am dutch)

0
Anneke
1/30/2010 5:39:46 PM
Another box doesn't open up titled: Edit Custom Dictionary? Sure you're in
the right place?
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP [Mail]
      Imperial Beach, CA

"Anneke" <geen@mail.nl> wrote in message
> Thank you Bruce, but when I click on Edit.. nothing happens.
> Anneke
>
> "Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message
>> Tools | Options | Spelling | Edit.
>> --
>>           Bruce Hagen
>>         MS-MVP [Mail]
>>      Imperial Beach, CA
>>

>> "Anneke" <geen@mail.nl> wrote in message
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I made a mistake by adding a word in the dictionary of Windows Live
>>> Mail.
>>> Now I would like to remove that word, but I don't know how.
>>>
>>> Can somebody give me an advise?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Anneke (I am dutch)

0
Bruce
1/30/2010 5:40:30 PM
Good. You're welcome.
--

> Hello Bruce, here I am again.
> I thought I did not work, but now it is ok�.
> Thanks!
> The problem I had was with the word 'ok�' in Dutch.
>
> "Anneke" <geen@mail.nl> wrote in message
>> Thank you Bruce, but when I click on Edit.. nothing happens.
>> Anneke
>>
>> "Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message
>>> Tools | Options | Spelling | Edit.
>>> --
>>>           Bruce Hagen
>>>         MS-MVP [Mail]
>>>      Imperial Beach, CA
>>>

>>> "Anneke" <geen@mail.nl> wrote in message

0
Bruce
1/30/2010 5:44:34 PM
I have the same problem as Anneke - and my edit button still doesn't work.  Suggestions?
0
Patty
2/18/2010 4:23:30 PM
I have the same problem with mine where clicking the edit button does
nothing.

For a workaround go to the proof folder

For XP:
       %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows
Live Mail\Proof

For Vista/Win7:
       %localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Proof

You can paste the appropriate one into address box in Windows Explorer.

There you'll see one or more *.LEX files.    lang0409.lex is the one for
US English.  Open in Notepad (double clicking may default to that).
Delete any lines.  Be careful about editing any lines.  The file needs
to be in alphabetical order one word per line.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"Patty" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message
> I have the same problem as Anneke - and my edit button still doesn't
> work.  Suggestions?
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl:
> http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop/How-can-I-remove-a-word-from-the-dictionary-in-Window

0
Michael
2/19/2010 4:27:21 AM
Thanks, Mike, for the info - I'll try that...

Patty
0
Patty

Recieve Mail Before Sending

Mail lMerge

Grammar check not working

can't customize toolbar

office 2010 and windows 7
word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have to do a hard reboot (power down). any idea as to why? system is windows 7 ultimate, office 2010. Right-click My Computer, Disconnect Network Drive. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "KPTools" <support@kptools.com> wrote in message news:0F5ACF22-111A-416A-BECC-8E83543259AE@microsoft.com... > word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger > (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have t...

Can anyone help ?

Pop Up Windows
Several sites pop up smaller windows with advertising. The opop up blocker does not stop these smaller ad windows. How do I stop them? -- Larry "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0B01C98-66BF-4FA5-8CED-0C434CCCFC62@microsoft.com... > Several sites pop up smaller windows with advertising. The opop up blocker > does not stop these smaller ad windows. How do I stop them? > -- > Larry You don't. They LOOK like a pop up to you, but the designer that wrote the page made them not conform to the rules that define the...

Can't view messages with Autopreview
My current view is set to preview all items, however, my mail is not displayed in autopreview ...

can't add groups to public folders
I'm having a problem with my public folders - I can't add groups to them. I used to be able to, and now the members in a given group are unable to access that particular public folder. I can add individual users fine, but not groups. Anyone know how to fix this? Do you have sufficient rights in AD? What I am getting at, is that you need rights to change a group type to security. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Exchange Server http://exchange.mvps.org "Glenn" <nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23N3yrgRoEHA.3324@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I&...

Windows wont start with USB printer plugged in
I have now got two club members that can not start Windows if their USB printer is connected. In both cases the computer goes to the BIOS splash screen and freezes. In one case it is a Dell Computer with an HP printer. In the second case it is an HP Computer with an Epson printer. If you remove the printer USB cable, the computer starts and load the desktop just fine. Then you can plug the printer cable in and use the printer computer and printer. But if the printer USB cable is connected, printer power off or on, then the computer go to the BIOS splash screen. Dell in one case,...

How can I set an alarm Excel?
I would like to set an audible alarm in Excel based on a cell value. Try this in the worksheet VBA editor. If the value of A5 is greater than 50 you get a beep. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim frequency As Long Dim duration As Long If Target <> Range("A5") Then Exit Sub If Target.Value > 50 Then frequency = 4160 duration = 1500 Call Beep(frequency, duration) End If End Sub HTH Regards, Howard "Annell" <Annell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EFE8AA18-3F14-4A92-941D-053922417AB2@mic...

Displaying colour codes in Word 2007
I know this one isn't new, but that isn't a reason not to protest. There seems to be a conspiracy at M$ to drive the largest possible number of people MAD. When you select or inspect the colour of text or another item in Word 2007, the colour codes (rgb) are no longer diplayed in this version. Apparantly, this is because Word has been dumbed down for the benefit of people who've never seen a computer. If you want to choose a colour that matches another part of the document or an imported item, you need a large number of mouse clics. Even then it is far from obv...

Why can't I edit the Schema for a Knowledge Base Article in CRM 3.
Why can't I edit the Schema for a Knowledge Base Article? It seems to me that you could do this in 1.2. I just want to add some custom fields. ...

OWA Three logins/The Folder can't be displayed
I have an OWA problem where, when any account access OWA, they get three login prompts. The email does display in the background but any changing the viewed folder results in those three login prompts again. An attempt to delete a message results in those three prompts and then the user gets a popup "Some items can't be deleted. They were either moved, already deleted, or access was denied." Then the inbox no longer displays any messages, instead showing "The folder can't be displayed. You don't have permission to perform this action." Closing and reop...

Can not Remove Locitech stuff in XP Add/Remove
I have two entries in XP Add/Remove, "Logitech Desktop Messenger" and "Logitech Camera Driver". I have tried all the tricks that I can find including going into the Registry, but nothing will get rid of them. I would appreciate any tips that you may have to offer. ...