I have the box "Check for messages every ___ minutes" unchecked
(tools/options/general).

Yet seemingly randomly, messages get downloaded a couple of times a day
without my clicking "Sync."  This is problematic due to the way I share the
computer.

Is there another setting I need to keep this spontaneous downloading from
occurring?

"Gripper" <Gripper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have the box "Check for messages every ___ minutes" unchecked
> (tools/options/general).
>
> Yet seemingly randomly, messages get downloaded a couple of times a day
> without my clicking "Sync."  This is problematic due to the way I share
> the
> computer.
>
> Is there another setting I need to keep this spontaneous downloading from
> occurring?

 Uncheck: Send and receive messages at startup.

0
Emrys
2/20/2010 3:27:51 PM
I don't know the particulars, but that is a known issue with WLMail.
AFAIK, you would need to go to the account properties and uncheck "Include
this account". Would having separate Windows logons be a workable
alternative for you?
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"Gripper" <Gripper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have the box "Check for messages every ___ minutes" unchecked
> (tools/options/general).
>
> Yet seemingly randomly, messages get downloaded a couple of times a day
> without my clicking "Sync."  This is problematic due to the way I share
> the
> computer.
>
> Is there another setting I need to keep this spontaneous downloading
> from
> occurring?

0
Bruce
2/20/2010 3:42:02 PM
"Emrys Davies" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message

> "Gripper" <Gripper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I have the box "Check for messages every ___ minutes" unchecked
>> (tools/options/general).
>>
>> Yet seemingly randomly, messages get downloaded a couple of times a day
>> without my clicking "Sync."  This is problematic due to the way I share
>> the computer.
>>
>> Is there another setting I need to keep this spontaneous downloading from
>> occurring?
>
> Uncheck: Send and receive messages at startup.

That doesn't work either.
WLM downloads mail on some mysterious inscrutable non-schedule when it
decides it wants to. Having the computer on "standby" doesn't stop it;
I haven't tried on hibernation, though I'm not really sure having it totally
off & disconnected & the modem unplugged would do it either!

It's just one of WLM's annoying "features".

I don't share my computer so there's no privacy problem, but I like to
pre-screen my mail through Mailwasher & get rid of the junk before
downloading.
bj

0
bj
2/20/2010 4:26:44 PM
Thank you, but "Send and receive messages at startup" was already unchecked.
Still a mystery.

"Emrys Davies" wrote:

> "Gripper" <Gripper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have the box "Check for messages every ___ minutes" unchecked
> > (tools/options/general).
> >
> > Yet seemingly randomly, messages get downloaded a couple of times a day
> > without my clicking "Sync."  This is problematic due to the way I share
> > the
> > computer.
> >
> > Is there another setting I need to keep this spontaneous downloading from
> > occurring?
>
>  Uncheck: Send and receive messages at startup.
>

> .

Thank you, Bruce.  Knowing it is a known issue is very helpful.  So to the
workaround.

You asked if having separate Windows logons would be a workable solution
given the shared usage of the computer.  Not quite, but what would work is if
there were separate versions of WLM on the computer.  Do you (or anyone) know
if it is possible to set it up that way?  I had tried to install a second
version, but it installed itself on top of the existing version.

Thank you!

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

> I don't know the particulars, but that is a known issue with WLMail.
> AFAIK, you would need to go to the account properties and uncheck "Include
> this account". Would having separate Windows logons be a workable
> alternative for you?
> --
>            Bruce Hagen
>          MS-MVP  [Mail]
>       Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "Gripper" <Gripper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have the box "Check for messages every ___ minutes" unchecked
> > (tools/options/general).
> >
> > Yet seemingly randomly, messages get downloaded a couple of times a day
> > without my clicking "Sync."  This is problematic due to the way I share
> > the
> > computer.
> >
> > Is there another setting I need to keep this spontaneous downloading
> > from
> > occurring?
>
> .

To be honest, I'm not sure. I just assumed that if you created a second
Windows user, they would see their own WLMail with only one on the machine
like with Outlook Express. Gonna have to get another opinion on this.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

> Thank you, Bruce.  Knowing it is a known issue is very helpful.  So to
> the
> workaround.
>
> You asked if having separate Windows logons would be a workable solution
> given the shared usage of the computer.  Not quite, but what would work
> is if
> there were separate versions of WLM on the computer.  Do you (or anyone)
> know
> if it is possible to set it up that way?  I had tried to install a
> second
> version, but it installed itself on top of the existing version.
>
> Thank you!
>

> "Bruce Hagen" wrote:
>
>> I don't know the particulars, but that is a known issue with WLMail.
>> AFAIK, you would need to go to the account properties and uncheck
>> "Include
>> this account". Would having separate Windows logons be a workable
>> alternative for you?
>> --
>>            Bruce Hagen
>>          MS-MVP  [Mail]
>>       Imperial Beach, CA
>>

>> "Gripper" <Gripper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have the box "Check for messages every ___ minutes" unchecked
>> > (tools/options/general).
>> >
>> > Yet seemingly randomly, messages get downloaded a couple of times a
>> > day
>> > without my clicking "Sync."  This is problematic due to the way I
>> > share
>> > the
>> > computer.
>> >
>> > Is there another setting I need to keep this spontaneous downloading
>> > from
>> > occurring?
>>
>> .

0
Bruce
2/20/2010 4:56:21 PM
Having separate Windows Logons is how you get separate versions of WLM
or each user.  There's one physical copy of the program, but each
Windows Logon gets its own data files and settings.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"Gripper" <Gripper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thank you, Bruce.  Knowing it is a known issue is very helpful.  So to
> the
> workaround.
>
> You asked if having separate Windows logons would be a workable
> solution
> given the shared usage of the computer.  Not quite, but what would
> work is if
> there were separate versions of WLM on the computer.  Do you (or
> anyone) know
> if it is possible to set it up that way?  I had tried to install a
> second
> version, but it installed itself on top of the existing version.
>
> Thank you!
>

> "Bruce Hagen" wrote:
>
>> I don't know the particulars, but that is a known issue with WLMail.
>> AFAIK, you would need to go to the account properties and uncheck
>> "Include
>> this account". Would having separate Windows logons be a workable
>> alternative for you?
>> --
>>            Bruce Hagen
>>          MS-MVP  [Mail]
>>       Imperial Beach, CA
>>

>> "Gripper" <Gripper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have the box "Check for messages every ___ minutes" unchecked
>> > (tools/options/general).
>> >
>> > Yet seemingly randomly, messages get downloaded a couple of times a
>> > day
>> > without my clicking "Sync."  This is problematic due to the way I
>> > share
>> > the
>> > computer.
>> >
>> > Is there another setting I need to keep this spontaneous
>> > downloading
>> > from
>> > occurring?
>>
>> .

0
Michael
2/20/2010 7:28:08 PM
Thanks for clarifying that, Mike. I thought so, but wasn't sure.
--
~Bruce

"Michael Santovec" <michael@santovec.XXX> wrote in message
> Having separate Windows Logons is how you get separate versions of WLM
> or each user.  There's one physical copy of the program, but each
> Windows Logon gets its own data files and settings.
>
> --
>
> Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us
>

> "Gripper" <Gripper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Thank you, Bruce.  Knowing it is a known issue is very helpful.  So to
>> the
>> workaround.
>>
>> You asked if having separate Windows logons would be a workable
>> solution
>> given the shared usage of the computer.  Not quite, but what would work
>> is if
>> there were separate versions of WLM on the computer.  Do you (or
>> anyone) know
>> if it is possible to set it up that way?  I had tried to install a
>> second
>> version, but it installed itself on top of the existing version.
>>
>> Thank you!
>>

>> "Bruce Hagen" wrote:
>>
>>> I don't know the particulars, but that is a known issue with WLMail.
>>> AFAIK, you would need to go to the account properties and uncheck
>>> "Include
>>> this account". Would having separate Windows logons be a workable
>>> alternative for you?
>>> --
>>>            Bruce Hagen
>>>          MS-MVP  [Mail]
>>>       Imperial Beach, CA
>>>

>>> "Gripper" <Gripper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>>> .

0
Bruce
2/20/2010 7:42:16 PM
It is the nature of WLMail to maintain synchronization between what's on the web and what's available locally. If you have an HTTP account configured 'Include this account when receiving mail or synchronizing', it will sync at the frequency specified at Options > General /or/ the default frequency, which is I think 'at least every 30 minutes', whichever is the more frequent. That being so, any other account with the same configuration will go along for the ride (it gets included when synchronizing).

I've never seen this 'unscheduled download' from my POP mailboxes, and I can only explain it by pointing out that the 'Include this account...' option is /not/ selected for my HTTP accounts.
--
Noel

"Gripper" <Gripper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC9C778A-7ABC-45B2-9A96-5B72FF1CB412@microsoft.com...

> Thank you, but "Send and receive messages at startup" was already unchecked.
> Still a mystery.
>
> "Emrys Davies" wrote:
>

>> "Gripper" <Gripper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I have the box "Check for messages every ___ minutes" unchecked
>> > (tools/options/general).
>> >
>> > Yet seemingly randomly, messages get downloaded a couple of times a day
>> > without my clicking "Sync."  This is problematic due to the way I share
>> > the
>> > computer.
>> >
>> > Is there another setting I need to keep this spontaneous downloading from
>> > occurring?
>>
>>  Uncheck: Send and receive messages at startup.
>>

>> .

0
Ildhund
2/20/2010 9:05:08 PM
It is the nature of WLMail to maintain synchronization between what's on the web and what's available locally. If you have an HTTP account configured 'Include this account when receiving mail or synchronizing', it will sync at the frequency specified at Options > General /or/ the default frequency, which is I think 'at least every 30 minutes', whichever is the more frequent. That being so, any other account with the same configuration will go along for the ride (it gets included when synchronizing).

I've never seen this 'unscheduled download' from my POP mailboxes, and I can only explain it by pointing out that the 'Include this account...' option is /not/ selected for my HTTP accounts.
--
Noel

"Gripper" <Gripper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC9C778A-7ABC-45B2-9A96-5B72FF1CB412@microsoft.com...

> Thank you, but "Send and receive messages at startup" was already unchecked.
> Still a mystery.
>
> "Emrys Davies" wrote:
>

>> "Gripper" <Gripper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I have the box "Check for messages every ___ minutes" unchecked
>> > (tools/options/general).
>> >
>> > Yet seemingly randomly, messages get downloaded a couple of times a day
>> > without my clicking "Sync."  This is problematic due to the way I share
>> > the
>> > computer.
>> >
>> > Is there another setting I need to keep this spontaneous downloading from
>> > occurring?
>>
>>  Uncheck: Send and receive messages at startup.
>>

>> .

0
Ildhund
2/20/2010 9:12:16 PM
"Gripper" <Gripper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have the box "Check for messages every ___ minutes" unchecked
> (tools/options/general).
>
> Yet seemingly randomly, messages get downloaded a couple of times a day
> without my clicking "Sync."  This is problematic due to the way I share
> the
> computer.
>

> Is there another setting I need to keep this spontaneous downloading from
> occurring?

Set  Work Offline.   Then it will prompt you that it can't do what it wants
to do without going online.   Unfortunately the implementation of  Work
Offline  is global for all Internet apps, so you won't be able to do
anything else, such as use a web browser, while it is set.  But you will
have more control over downloading.   Actually I suppose another thing you
could use would be your firewall, e.g. block whatever ports are being used
by WLMail, when you want to leave it running but not do whatever it is that
it is doing.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

0
Robert
2/20/2010 11:34:55 PM
"Ildhund" <jnllb@removemsn.com> wrote in message
> It is the nature of WLMail to maintain synchronization between what's on
> the web and what's available locally. If you have an HTTP account
> configured 'Include this account when receiving mail or synchronizing', it
> will sync at the frequency specified at Options > General /or/ the default
> frequency, which is I think 'at least every 30 minutes', whichever is the
> more frequent. That being so, any other account with the same
> configuration will go along for the ride (it gets included when
> synchronizing).
>
> I've never seen this 'unscheduled download' from my POP mailboxes, and I
> can only explain it by pointing out that the 'Include this account...'
> option is /not/ selected for my HTTP accounts.
> --

I don't even have any HTTP accounts (I'm not even sure what they are) let
alone have any checked for "include this account...." & WLM d/l whenevertheH
it wants to, with no consistency or predictability. I've tried setting
"check for messages every <n> minutes" to various options from unchecked to
the max they'll allow -- and it still syncs whenevertheH it wants to.
bj

0
bj
2/20/2010 11:58:50 PM
Noel,
Is there a reason why you have the same post 7 minutes apart?
--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP- Windows Live Mail

"Ildhund" <jnllb@removemsn.com> wrote in message
> It is the nature of WLMail to maintain synchronization between what's on
> the web and what's available locally. If you have an HTTP account
> configured 'Include this account when receiving mail or synchronizing', it
> will sync at the frequency specified at Options > General /or/ the default
> frequency, which is I think 'at least every 30 minutes', whichever is the
> more frequent. That being so, any other account with the same
> configuration will go along for the ride (it gets included when
> synchronizing).
>
> I've never seen this 'unscheduled download' from my POP mailboxes, and I
> can only explain it by pointing out that the 'Include this account...'
> option is /not/ selected for my HTTP accounts.
> --
> Noel
>
> "Gripper" <Gripper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Thank you, but "Send and receive messages at startup" was already
>> unchecked. Still a mystery.
>>
>> "Emrys Davies" wrote:
>>

>>> "Gripper" <Gripper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>>>  Uncheck: Send and receive messages at startup.
>>>
>>>  .

0
Ron
2/21/2010 1:35:43 AM
"Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> wrote in message news:u1v0yYpsKHA.928@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Noel,
> Is there a reason why you have the same post 7 minutes apart?

Yeah, I almost posted an apology, then thought that would be another waste of bandwidth. My normal sync (every 11 minutes) takes three or four minutes to complete, and if I hit 'Send' in a Compose window at just the wrong moment, the message doesn't get sent until the 'next' sync even though I have 'Send messages immediately' checked. I was in a hurry to go somewhere and hadn't noticed that the post was in this limbo state, just that it was still in the outbox when it should already have been sent. Fearing a glitch, I opened it and hit 'Send', then went to do something else. Of course, when I came back, I saw that it had also been sent during the next sync. Moral: don't be impatient, it'll get sent eventually.
--
Noel

0
Ildhund
2/21/2010 10:11:26 AM
"bj" <bjones44@bellatlantic.net> wrote in message news:Ona5fjosKHA.5976@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> "Ildhund" <jnllb@removemsn.com> wrote in message
>> It is the nature of WLMail to maintain synchronization between what's on
>> the web and what's available locally. If you have an HTTP account
>> configured 'Include this account when receiving mail or synchronizing', it
>> will sync at the frequency specified at Options > General /or/ the default
>> frequency, which is I think 'at least every 30 minutes', whichever is the
>> more frequent. That being so, any other account with the same
>> configuration will go along for the ride (it gets included when
>> synchronizing).
>>
>> I've never seen this 'unscheduled download' from my POP mailboxes, and I
>> can only explain it by pointing out that the 'Include this account...'
>> option is /not/ selected for my HTTP accounts.

> I don't even have any HTTP accounts (I'm not even sure what they are) let
> alone have any checked for "include this account...." & WLM d/l whenevertheH
> it wants to, with no consistency or predictability. I've tried setting
> "check for messages every <n> minutes" to various options from unchecked to
> the max they'll allow -- and it still syncs whenevertheH it wants to.

HTTP accounts are Hotmail-type ones - @hotmail.*, @live.*, @msn.com, @windowslive.* (possibly plus a few more domains), and any others like Custom Domains and Office Live accounts which access the Hotmail servers via HTTP using the DeltaSync protocol.

Are you signed in with a Live ID when this happens? If you are signed in, then WLMail will presumably try and sync your contacts and calendar regularly, so could the POP accounts somehow get tangled up in the process? What does the log say - is there any regularity to the unscheduled downloads?

And if anyone knowledgeable about Windows messaging is watching, could it be that on systems with more than one active mail client (I'm thinking Gary, who uses/used WM for one thing and WLMail for another), that somehow the 'wrong' transport gets invoked and settings for the 'other' client sometimes get applied? Do you (bj) have more than one 'active' client? I.e. in program access and defaults, is there one Default mail client with access allowed to another?
--
Noel
0

> HTTP accounts are Hotmail-type ones - @hotmail.*, @live.*, @msn.com,
> @windowslive.* (possibly plus a few more domains), and any others like
> Custom Domains and Office Live accounts which access the Hotmail servers
> via HTTP using the DeltaSync protocol.

Thanks for the info.
Never heard of DeltaSync & don't have any HTTP accounts.

> Are you signed in with a Live ID when this happens? If you are signed in,
> then WLMail will presumably try and sync your contacts and calendar
> regularly, so could the POP accounts somehow get tangled up in the
> process? What does the log say - is there any regularity to the
> unscheduled downloads?

I've never signed in with a LiveID. At least I don't think so, although I
was able to set one up recently -- which I hadn't been able to months ago
because it barfed at my @ address (I guess they had some special arrangement
going then) so I've never gotten into it for any reason. I haven't installed
any of the other "essentials" either, only WLM so I won't have to change
mail client under the gun when I leave XP. OE works just fine for me the way
things are now but I realize I'll have to change sometime so am doing it now
while I have time (& time to figure things out). (I didn't care for
Thunderbird either)

What log?

> And if anyone knowledgeable about Windows messaging is watching, could it
> be that on systems with more than one active mail client (I'm thinking
> Gary, who uses/used WM for one thing and WLMail for another), that somehow
> the 'wrong' transport gets invoked and settings for the 'other' client
> sometimes get applied? Do you (bj) have more than one 'active' client?
> I.e. in program access and defaults, is there one Default mail client with
> access allowed to another? --

I have "current" (i.e. WLM) as default client but access allowed to OE,
which isn't running -- I occasionally still use it to look something up, but
then I load/use/close, I don't keep it running & in any case always had it
set to "not check for new messages" (unchecked that box years ago).
I'm not using any other messaging systems, mail network, IM, or such.
I do have IE running for frequent use.

No stealth WLM downloads overnite in hibernation mode, but I've only tried
it one night.
bj

0
bj
2/21/2010 4:15:19 PM
I still run both Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail simultaneously,
but Windows Live Mail only for mail, and Windows Mail only for NNTP.
I don't think this is a case of the wrong transport being called.
I still believe this is a coding error in Windows Live Mail because one
of the events that can trigger an unwanted POP download is a momentary
loss of Internet connectivity.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

"Ildhund" <jnllb@removemsn.com> wrote in message =

> And if anyone knowledgeable about Windows messaging is watching, could =
it be that on systems with more than one active mail client (I'm =
thinking Gary, who uses/used WM for one thing and WLMail for another), =
that somehow the 'wrong' transport gets invoked and settings for the =
'other' client sometimes get applied? Do you (bj) have more than one =
'active' client? I.e. in program access and defaults, is there one =
Default mail client with access allowed to another?=20
> --=20
> Noel
0
Gary
2/22/2010 5:58:23 AM
<apologies is this ends up posting twice; but it seems to have disappeared
down a black hole since yesterday....>

"Ildhund" <jnllb@removemsn.com> wrote in message

> HTTP accounts are Hotmail-type ones - @hotmail.*, @live.*, @msn.com,
> @windowslive.* (possibly plus a few more domains), and any others like
> Custom Domains and Office Live accounts which access the Hotmail servers
> via HTTP using the DeltaSync protocol.

Thanks for the info.
Never heard of DeltaSync & don't have any HTTP accounts.

> Are you signed in with a Live ID when this happens? If you are signed in,
> then WLMail will presumably try and sync your contacts and calendar
> regularly, so could the POP accounts somehow get tangled up in the
> process? What does the log say - is there any regularity to the
> unscheduled downloads?

I've never signed in with a LiveID. At least I don't think so, although I
was able to set one up recently -- which I hadn't been able to months ago
because it barfed at my @ address (I guess they had some special arrangement
going then) so I've never gotten into it for any reason. I haven't installed
any of the other "essentials" either, only WLM so I won't have to change
mail client under the gun when I leave XP. OE works just fine for me the way
things are now but I realize I'll have to change sometime so am doing it now
while I have time (& time to figure things out). (I didn't care for
Thunderbird either)

What log?

> And if anyone knowledgeable about Windows messaging is watching, could it
> be that on systems with more than one active mail client (I'm thinking
> Gary, who uses/used WM for one thing and WLMail for another), that somehow
> the 'wrong' transport gets invoked and settings for the 'other' client
> sometimes get applied? Do you (bj) have more than one 'active' client?
> I.e. in program access and defaults, is there one Default mail client with
> access allowed to another? --

I have "current" (i.e. WLM) as default client but access allowed to OE,
which isn't running -- I occasionally still use it to look something up, but
then I load/use/close, I don't keep it running & in any case always had it
set to "not check for new messages" (unchecked that box years ago).
I'm not using any other messaging systems, mail network, IM, or such.
I do have IE running for frequent use.

No stealth WLM downloads overnite in hibernation mode, but I've only tried
it one night.
bj

0
bj

Determine Folders Size from Server
Hello, Does anyone know if there is a way to find out the individual folder size in users' mailboxes? ...

SQL Server Issues Error# -2147467259
I have 1 machine on our network is running Win 98 to accomadate our printer/copier. The rest are XP Pro. We had a problem where the network locked up and had to reboot to get up and running again. But now I cannot connect the Win 98 machine to the database through administrator. I have tried uninstalling and re- installing RMs to no avail. The error I receive in the admin is: Error# -2147467259 [DBNETLIB][CONNECTIONOPEN (CONNECT())] SQL Server Does Not Exist or Access Denied. Help. I don't know if it will fix your problem, but have you tried typing the IP address of the SQL server w...

Outlook 2000 doesn't see new Exchange Server
We're finally upgrading an Exchange 2000 Server system, one server, one domain, one Administrative Group, one Routing Group. I installed Exchange 2003 on a temporary server and moved a test mailbox to it. I had thought that Outlook was supposed to know about the new server. Not only was it trying to open the mailbox on the old server, the Control Panel applet had the server name grayed out. I had to select When starting; Manually control connection state, hit Apply, and then select Automatically detect connection state and hit Apply again. Then it found the new server. ...

Getting a subform control to requery
Main Form : F_BU Subform1: F_BU_Cat2 SubForm2: F_BU_Cat3 When I click on one of the records in subform1 (field BillCat) the OnClick event uses the value in the field as a criteria in a query that is used in the combox (cbxCat3) in Subform 2. Here is the code I was trying to use: Me.Parent!F_BU_Cat3.Form!cbxCat3.Requery It was working for a while but now not when I click on the "BillCat" field in Subform 1 I get: Method: Form" of Object ' _Subform' Failed. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-form...

can't print black
I have installed a lexmark 6570 fax wireless. It would not print any doc's in black ink prints beautiful color pictures. I uninstalled and reinstalled did not help. I figured is was the printer. Installed an HP F4280 all in one, same problem. can someone get me some advice!!! -- twilltwo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ twilltwo's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/180192.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1297957.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

how i can change default file format Outlook uses to save message
I my saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu. "Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML". How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages to as "Outlook Message Format - Unicode" ?????? Rajkumar <Rajkumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I my saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu. > "Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML". > How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages...

can I get "step by step" on color seperating for commercial printi
This is kind of an extension on my previous message but I feel it would help a lot more. Can someone give me a quick step by step on making a document with text and photo into a press quality color seperated piece using PMS colors and process black? Or maybe point me to a site that can give step by step on that stuff? ...

OfficeX(purchased) and messages from 2004 test drive
I've installed OfficeX on my new MacBook from the CD I purchased 3 years ago for my desktop Mac. I don't plan to purchase 2004 and I'm irritated to find that I'm test driving 2004 when I don't want it. I don't mind getting upgrades for X but I haven't been automatically offered any. How do I get rid of my test drive 2004 and get on with using X??? Thanks, Sarah saraheag@googlemail.com wrote: > How do I get rid of my test drive 2004 and get on with using X??? Easy peasy. Use the "remove office" tool, empty trash, and THEN install the version of Of...

Uploading Back to the Yahoo server...Please Help
Dear Member of this Help Forum; please help..please help me because i have lost all my important emails and i am so depressed...so sad....please Help....i HAVE SEARCHED THIS FROUM BUT NO ONE HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE.... My story and what i have done : I have a "Yahoo Small Business Account" with domain name and hosting, and 3 email address from that account. i used to use NO EMAIL CLIENT LIKE OUTLOOK at all and i used to save all my emails on yahoo servers and using yahoo normal email website to read, send and save all my emails...untill tonight! tonight i set up outlook 200...

Server 2003 + RWW + Printers
This has to be one of the oddest problems I've seen, with no explanation that I can come up with. So we've got our SBS 2003 Server w/ SP2. On nearly all of our client machines when you log onto them through RWW, you can access your home printer. On a few of the machines you can't. Although the XPS and FAX in Windows are accessible. I find the truly strange part of this being that other machines on the network don't have any different configuration settings than the ones in which you can see all of your home printers. Any ideas? This isn't a configurat...

Instant messaging #3
Sorry I'm a newbi to ek2003, what componets should I have loaded to allow for instant messaging? I don't even have a virtual server for it? Thanks Pete. -- --------------------------------------------------------------------- "Are you still wasting your time with spam?... There is a solution!" Protected by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector The most powerful anti-spam software available. http://mail.spaminspector.com I believe IM capabilities are only available through Communications Server. If you are upgrading from Exchange 2000 and IM is already installed, you ca...

Where can we get xml scheme for tuning setting of WM2003/WM5.0 PDA
Hi all, We are working upon setting up a lot of WM2003/WM5.0 empowered mobile devices according with company standards. As far as I know these settings are tuned through xml file. Then this xml file has to be deployed deployed/executed onto mobile device. My question is where xml scheme for tuning such setting is published so we may assign necessary properties referencing it? Thank you in advance. ...

Re: Can anyone help me with the IF function
Hello I'm trying to help my wife with simplifying her scheduling o employees. She uses 11 different time periods (1-11) some are worth the same amount of hours others are more or less. I can us seven functions to describe the period and the value of hours it is worth, but when I consolidate the functions i says the formula is invalid. I'm sure it can be fixed by one of you excel gurus! Here are the functions IF(B13<4,"7.75") IF(B13=4,"7.25") IF(B13=5,"6.25") IF(B13=6,"7.75") IF(B13=7,"6.75") IF(B13=8,"6.25") IF(B...

How can I connfigure my outlook to access same profile accross mu.
How can I connfigure my outlook to access same profile accross multiple user ids on a computer Krishna <Krishna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I connfigure my outlook to access same profile accross > multiple user ids on a computer You can't. Each user ID will have its own profile, sicne profile information is kept in the registry in a user-specific area. However, you can certainly reference the same message store within each profile. For POP accounts, just put the PST somewhere in the Shared Documents hierarchy and point to it within each profile. -- B...

Can administrator empty Deleted items in each mailbox
Hi, Is there any chance that administrator can delete all items in Deleted items folder? Tx, Gasper Are you talking in each user's mailbox or the deleted items available for restore? What version of Exchange? -- Regards, Hank Arnold "Gasper" <NOSPAMgasper.derzanic@tipro.si> wrote in message news:tAfEb.108$%x4.10122@news.siol.net... > Hi, > > Is there any chance that administrator can delete all items in Deleted items > folder? > > Tx, > > Gasper > > > > Is it possible to delete Deleted items in each user mailbox on Exchange ...

Active Directory Problem
Hi Everyone, Hopefully you can help me out a bit here. Long story short, we had a failure last week that we were unable to recover Active Directory from. As such, we've had to rebuild AD from scratch - now the domain name and all user accounts are recreated and identical to the previous setup. However, I can no longer access CRM. I assume CRM 4.0 is authenticating on, not only AD membership, but based on an AD GUID of some sort - which I can't replicate. How can I get back in to re-load my users? Thanks, Craig Hi, Did u check if the users were part of CRM groups created ...

Can't Connect to Bank with Money 04 Trial Version
Hi, Does anyone know why I can't connect to my bank through the trial version of Money 04? I use quicken at the moment and after reading the negative reviews of the 04 update have decided to give money a try. The bank appears on the list of participating institutions and indicates that it is set up for direct connect/two way communication. However, when I go through the Online Services Manager it is listed under the heading "Banks that have no Service". I would appreciate any answers! Sarah ...

IP Address control
Hi, I have two questions regarding this stupid control. I use CIPAddressCtrl to access it. 1. How do I make it read only? I can disable it, but then the text is gray, while I want it black as an ordinary edit box which is set as read only. 2. Why does it send an IPN_FIELDCHANGED even when I'm just using the arrow keys? With an address like 192.168.1.111, it sends this message when I'm on the single digit entry "1", which is quite annoying. The address isn't changed! Anyone knows of an easy workaround? thanks /Glenn I haven't done this but you could try deriving...

Another oddball WLM error message
When I left WLM running while I went to breakfast this morning, I got another oddball error message. Just the frame for showing the error message, with all the space inside the frame still transparent. Robert Miles ...

SERVER /3GB Switch
Are there any performance enhancements by using the /3gb switch in CRM server. My server is x86 server with 4GB of ram. ...

How can I see which lists a contact is a member of?
Hello, In Outlook 2007, is there a way to see which distribution lists a contact is a member of? We have lots of lists. We want to be sure that if we delete a contact in a group, instead of just removing it from the group, that the contact doesn't exist in other groups as well. Even a way to export to Excel would be ok, if there's nothing else. Thanks, - Alan. The following macro in Outlook will list all the distribution lists containing the name you enter into the dialog box in a Word document Sub ListNames() Dim wdApp As Word.Application Dim wdDoc As Word.Document Dim myNameSp...

Entourage 2008 Web Services Edition cannot connect to Exchange Server 2007
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I have been using Entourage 2008 to connect to our Exchange server since it's release (part of Office 2008) and I have recently followed the instructions to update it to the Web Services Edition. I am now unable to connect to my Exchange account with this version but as soon as I re-install the 'normal' version of Entourage 2008 everything works. <br><br>Is there something I need to enable on the Exchange 2007 server to allow the Web Services Edition to connect? ...

can not delete in outlook
When I try to delete anything out of outlook i get the following errror The messaging interface have returned an unknown error. If problem presists restart outlook Sam wrote: > When I try to delete anything out of outlook i get the > following errror > > The messaging interface have returned an unknown error. > If problem presists restart outlook OL2000: Error Message: The Messaging Interface Has Returned an Unknown Error http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=275186 -- G�rard gj.oomens@somso.demon.nl ...

can I lock screen so only clicked links move slides in sldeshow
I have created question slides with Yes and No links to the next corresponding slides eg if answer yes link goes to slide 2 if answer No goes to slide 3 this happens during slide show presentation I want to be able to lock the rest of the slide so that only a link click can progress to the next slide because the process does not run in order if you just click anywhere on the screen to progress the slides On Jan 28, 5:19=A0pm, Workworry <Workwo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have created =A0question slides with Yes and No links to the next > corresponding ...

Can I import a .pdf file into publisher
I tried to copy and paste from InDesign and it did not work. Can you import any type of file into publisher. Example: .pdf or .eps No. Publisher is pretty much a stand all by itself program. If you can't copy and paste into it, you're kind of sorely out of luck. You can put pictures into a Pub file but you can't go back and edit the individual parts of them, such as text. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Graphix grl" <Graphixgrl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88493145-8B59-4131-AD33-C916D22CF63C@microsoft.com... >I tried...