Hotmail Junk/Spam filter - Doesn't work - how to disable?

Many people have found Hotmail continually puts legit email in the Spam  
folder.  Is there any way of disabling this non-helping feature?  You can  
set it to low - but of course that is useless.

Or maybe there is a way of forwarding your Spam folder to your Spam folder  
in your POP3 email program?  That would work ok.  Once you use an email  
program you don't want to have to log in to Hotmail to check your  
messages.  That's the whole point of using an email program.  To get away  
 from slow, ponderous, awkward webmail.  To make matters even worse  
Microsoft deletes the spam after 10 days.  Even if you only get a few a  
week.  How utterly stupid is that?  If you get hundreds a week you  
obviously have a spam problem.  But say 5?  Makes no sense.
0
BigBang
9/9/2010 9:39:04 PM
windows.live.mail.desktop 2735 articles. 9 followers. Follow

7 Replies
4426 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 54

In the web UI..
Add the sender to your contacts.
Do not safe list a contact

After the above, if the web UI Junk filter is still to low and mail goes to the Junk folder, the content(and/or Links) in the message are the cause.



--
....winston
ms-mvp mail

"BigBang"  wrote in message news:op.visbroxjqq4679@----------.wp.shawcable.net... 

Many people have found Hotmail continually puts legit email in the Spam  
folder.  Is there any way of disabling this non-helping feature?  You can  
set it to low - but of course that is useless.

Or maybe there is a way of forwarding your Spam folder to your Spam folder  
in your POP3 email program?  That would work ok.  Once you use an email  
program you don't want to have to log in to Hotmail to check your  
messages.  That's the whole point of using an email program.  To get away  
from slow, ponderous, awkward webmail.  To make matters even worse  
Microsoft deletes the spam after 10 days.  Even if you only get a few a  
week.  How utterly stupid is that?  If you get hundreds a week you  
obviously have a spam problem.  But say 5?  Makes no sense.
0
winston
9/10/2010 12:21:44 AM
> In the web UI..
> Add the sender to your contacts.

Many people have reported that even that doesn't work.  Safe senders still  
end up in Junk.
Anyway I need a solution to turn it off completely.  I have no idea who is  
going to email me so I can't add them to contacts.  I'm using it for  
advertising.

> Do not safe list a contact
>
> After the above, if the web UI Junk filter is still to low and mail goes  
> to the Junk folder, the content(and/or Links) in the message are the  
> cause.

Maybe, just maybe, its the idiots that designed the program!  If something  
doesn't work the first remedy is to turn it off.  Then work on its  
repair.  Not Microsoft.  Imagine if they designed planes!  "Good morning  
everybody. We have engines that haven't been assembled properly but we're  
going to take off irregardless.  Time is money!"

Does anybody know if there is a way of having your POP email program pull  
in the Junk folder of Hotmail?  That wouldn't be so bad because you could  
then see it instantly.

> "BigBang"  wrote in message  
> news:op.visbroxjqq4679@----------.wp.shawcable.net... Many people have  
> found Hotmail continually puts legit email in the Spam  folder.  Is  
> there any way of disabling this non-helping feature?  You can  set it to  
> low - but of course that is useless.
>
> Or maybe there is a way of forwarding your Spam folder to your Spam  
> folder  in your POP3 email program?  That would work ok.  Once you use  
> an email  program you don't want to have to log in to Hotmail to check  
> your  messages.  That's the whole point of using an email program.  To  
> get away  from slow, ponderous, awkward webmail.  To make matters even  
> worse  Microsoft deletes the spam after 10 days.  Even if you only get a  
> few a  week.  How utterly stupid is that?  If you get hundreds a week  
> you  obviously have a spam problem.  But say 5?  Makes no sense.
0
BigBang
9/10/2010 11:34:48 PM
At this stage..wysiwyg.
If safe senders end up in Junk, as noted, content is the most likely cause.
Only the sender with help from the recipient can address that issue.

--
....winston
ms-mvp mail

"BigBang"  wrote in message news:op.viubtuieqq4679@----------.wp.shawcable.net... 

> In the web UI..
> Add the sender to your contacts.

Many people have reported that even that doesn't work.  Safe senders still  
end up in Junk.
Anyway I need a solution to turn it off completely.  I have no idea who is  
going to email me so I can't add them to contacts.  I'm using it for  
advertising.

> Do not safe list a contact
>
> After the above, if the web UI Junk filter is still to low and mail goes  
> to the Junk folder, the content(and/or Links) in the message are the  
> cause.

Maybe, just maybe, its the idiots that designed the program!  If something  
doesn't work the first remedy is to turn it off.  Then work on its  
repair.  Not Microsoft.  Imagine if they designed planes!  "Good morning  
everybody. We have engines that haven't been assembled properly but we're  
going to take off irregardless.  Time is money!"

Does anybody know if there is a way of having your POP email program pull  
in the Junk folder of Hotmail?  That wouldn't be so bad because you could  
then see it instantly.

> "BigBang"  wrote in message  
> news:op.visbroxjqq4679@----------.wp.shawcable.net... Many people have  
> found Hotmail continually puts legit email in the Spam  folder.  Is  
> there any way of disabling this non-helping feature?  You can  set it to  
> low - but of course that is useless.
>
> Or maybe there is a way of forwarding your Spam folder to your Spam  
> folder  in your POP3 email program?  That would work ok.  Once you use  
> an email  program you don't want to have to log in to Hotmail to check  
> your  messages.  That's the whole point of using an email program.  To  
> get away  from slow, ponderous, awkward webmail.  To make matters even  
> worse  Microsoft deletes the spam after 10 days.  Even if you only get a  
> few a  week.  How utterly stupid is that?  If you get hundreds a week  
> you  obviously have a spam problem.  But say 5?  Makes no sense.
0
winston
9/11/2010 5:25:45 AM
No Winston you pathetic Microsoft lap dog.  The problem is the DESIGNER.   
Why do you insist on protecting someone painfully obviously at fault?

> At this stage..wysiwyg.
> If safe senders end up in Junk, as noted, content is the most likely  
> cause.
> Only the sender with help from the recipient can address that issue.
>
> --
> ...winston
> ms-mvp mail
>
> "BigBang"  wrote in message  
> news:op.viubtuieqq4679@----------.wp.shawcable.net...
>> In the web UI..
>> Add the sender to your contacts.
>
> Many people have reported that even that doesn't work.  Safe senders  
> still  end up in Junk.
> Anyway I need a solution to turn it off completely.  I have no idea who  
> is  going to email me so I can't add them to contacts.  I'm using it  
> for  advertising.
>
>> Do not safe list a contact
>>
>> After the above, if the web UI Junk filter is still to low and mail  
>> goes  to the Junk folder, the content(and/or Links) in the message are  
>> the  cause.
>
> Maybe, just maybe, its the idiots that designed the program!  If  
> something  doesn't work the first remedy is to turn it off.  Then work  
> on its  repair.  Not Microsoft.  Imagine if they designed planes!  "Good  
> morning  everybody. We have engines that haven't been assembled properly  
> but we're  going to take off irregardless.  Time is money!"
>
> Does anybody know if there is a way of having your POP email program  
> pull  in the Junk folder of Hotmail?  That wouldn't be so bad because  
> you could  then see it instantly.
>
>> "BigBang"  wrote in message   
>> news:op.visbroxjqq4679@----------.wp.shawcable.net... Many people have   
>> found Hotmail continually puts legit email in the Spam  folder.  Is   
>> there any way of disabling this non-helping feature?  You can  set it  
>> to  low - but of course that is useless.
>>
>> Or maybe there is a way of forwarding your Spam folder to your Spam   
>> folder  in your POP3 email program?  That would work ok.  Once you use   
>> an email  program you don't want to have to log in to Hotmail to check   
>> your  messages.  That's the whole point of using an email program.  To   
>> get away  from slow, ponderous, awkward webmail.  To make matters even   
>> worse  Microsoft deletes the spam after 10 days.  Even if you only get  
>> a  few a  week.  How utterly stupid is that?  If you get hundreds a  
>> week  you  obviously have a spam problem.  But say 5?  Makes no sense.
0
BigBang
9/12/2010 4:08:22 PM
Flaming someone will likely render undesirable responses.
-- 
   Don�

"BigBang" <BigBang@isnt.here> wrote in message 
news:op.vixgf8jfqq4679@----------.wp.shawcable.net...
> No Winston you pathetic Microsoft lap dog.  The problem is the DESIGNER. 
> Why do you insist on protecting someone painfully obviously at fault?
>
>> At this stage..wysiwyg.
>> If safe senders end up in Junk, as noted, content is the most likely 
>> cause.
>> Only the sender with help from the recipient can address that issue.
>>
>> --
>> ...winston
>> ms-mvp mail
>>
>> "BigBang"  wrote in message 
>> news:op.viubtuieqq4679@----------.wp.shawcable.net...
>>> In the web UI..
>>> Add the sender to your contacts.
>>
>> Many people have reported that even that doesn't work.  Safe senders 
>> still  end up in Junk.
>> Anyway I need a solution to turn it off completely.  I have no idea who 
>> is  going to email me so I can't add them to contacts.  I'm using it  for 
>> advertising.
>>
>>> Do not safe list a contact
>>>
>>> After the above, if the web UI Junk filter is still to low and mail 
>>> goes  to the Junk folder, the content(and/or Links) in the message are 
>>> the  cause.
>>
>> Maybe, just maybe, its the idiots that designed the program!  If 
>> something  doesn't work the first remedy is to turn it off.  Then work 
>> on its  repair.  Not Microsoft.  Imagine if they designed planes!  "Good 
>> morning  everybody. We have engines that haven't been assembled properly 
>> but we're  going to take off irregardless.  Time is money!"
>>
>> Does anybody know if there is a way of having your POP email program 
>> pull  in the Junk folder of Hotmail?  That wouldn't be so bad because 
>> you could  then see it instantly.
>>
>>> "BigBang"  wrote in message 
>>> news:op.visbroxjqq4679@----------.wp.shawcable.net... Many people have 
>>> found Hotmail continually puts legit email in the Spam  folder.  Is 
>>> there any way of disabling this non-helping feature?  You can  set it 
>>> to  low - but of course that is useless.
>>>
>>> Or maybe there is a way of forwarding your Spam folder to your Spam 
>>> folder  in your POP3 email program?  That would work ok.  Once you use 
>>> an email  program you don't want to have to log in to Hotmail to check 
>>> your  messages.  That's the whole point of using an email program.  To 
>>> get away  from slow, ponderous, awkward webmail.  To make matters even 
>>> worse  Microsoft deletes the spam after 10 days.  Even if you only get 
>>> a  few a  week.  How utterly stupid is that?  If you get hundreds a 
>>> week  you  obviously have a spam problem.  But say 5?  Makes no sense. 

0
Don
9/12/2010 5:14:51 PM
Send feedback.
If doing so, you might wish to change your approach if expecting anyone to listen.
Until then, you'll have to live with your problem or find an alternative client.

--
....winston
ms-mvp mail

"BigBang"  wrote in message news:op.vixgf8jfqq4679@----------.wp.shawcable.net... 

No Winston you pathetic Microsoft lap dog.  The problem is the DESIGNER.   
Why do you insist on protecting someone painfully obviously at fault?

> At this stage..wysiwyg.
> If safe senders end up in Junk, as noted, content is the most likely  
> cause.
> Only the sender with help from the recipient can address that issue.
>
> --
> ...winston
> ms-mvp mail
>
> "BigBang"  wrote in message  
> news:op.viubtuieqq4679@----------.wp.shawcable.net...
>> In the web UI..
>> Add the sender to your contacts.
>
> Many people have reported that even that doesn't work.  Safe senders  
> still  end up in Junk.
> Anyway I need a solution to turn it off completely.  I have no idea who  
> is  going to email me so I can't add them to contacts.  I'm using it  
> for  advertising.
>
>> Do not safe list a contact
>>
>> After the above, if the web UI Junk filter is still to low and mail  
>> goes  to the Junk folder, the content(and/or Links) in the message are  
>> the  cause.
>
> Maybe, just maybe, its the idiots that designed the program!  If  
> something  doesn't work the first remedy is to turn it off.  Then work  
> on its  repair.  Not Microsoft.  Imagine if they designed planes!  "Good  
> morning  everybody. We have engines that haven't been assembled properly  
> but we're  going to take off irregardless.  Time is money!"
>
> Does anybody know if there is a way of having your POP email program  
> pull  in the Junk folder of Hotmail?  That wouldn't be so bad because  
> you could  then see it instantly.
>
>> "BigBang"  wrote in message   
>> news:op.visbroxjqq4679@----------.wp.shawcable.net... Many people have   
>> found Hotmail continually puts legit email in the Spam  folder.  Is   
>> there any way of disabling this non-helping feature?  You can  set it  
>> to  low - but of course that is useless.
>>
>> Or maybe there is a way of forwarding your Spam folder to your Spam   
>> folder  in your POP3 email program?  That would work ok.  Once you use   
>> an email  program you don't want to have to log in to Hotmail to check   
>> your  messages.  That's the whole point of using an email program.  To   
>> get away  from slow, ponderous, awkward webmail.  To make matters even   
>> worse  Microsoft deletes the spam after 10 days.  Even if you only get  
>> a  few a  week.  How utterly stupid is that?  If you get hundreds a  
>> week  you  obviously have a spam problem.  But say 5?  Makes no sense.
0
winston
9/12/2010 6:06:42 PM
"Don Dewiel" <dondewiel@hotmail.com> wrote in message 
news:i6j1qe$fnp$1@news.eternal-september.org...

>> you pathetic Microsoft lap dog.

.... and the opposite of a pathetic lap dog is?

>>> Maybe, just maybe, its the idiots that designed the program!

I always wondered why my Camry doesn't perform like a Porsche.... Hmmmm... 
Must be those idiots that designed that vehicle.

>>> Does anybody know if there is a way of having your POP email program 
>>> pull  in the Junk folder of Hotmail?

Yes, or any Hotmail folder for that matter. Google is your friend.
 


0
Magnus
9/12/2010 6:12:30 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Disableing items in CLIstCtrl
Hello, Is there a way to disable an item in CListCtrl so that the item is gray out and a user won't be able to select it. Thank You! At this point I think you have to go to an owner-draw list control and do it yourself. You also have to prevent the selection from happening. joe On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 11:03:17 -0400, "Ririko Horvath" <horvathr@securemethods.com> wrote: >Hello, > > Is there a way to disable an item in CListCtrl so that the item is gray >out and a user won't be able to select it. > >Thank You! > Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]...

Intelligent Message Filter- can the junk email feature be turned o
I am wondering if there is a reg hack or other method of running the Intelligent Message Filter but disabling the feature to send stuff to junk email? I have temporarily uninstalled it for customer since there were too many complaints about stuff going into to junk email. The filter capacity for the most part works pretty well and what is going into archieve looks like SPAM with only minor exceptions. I was looking at reinstalling the Intelligent Message Filter and not setting the second setting –Store Junk Email Configuration. Although I intially had the settings SCL lower I raised...

SmartListBuilder: Linking not working properly. Bug?
We have a third-party customization added to GP. The table is in our company database and is accessible to add to GP. We can successfuly create a SmartList that queries only this table. However, when we link this table to another GP table, it doesn't work properly. I think I have isolated the problem. I found the SQL in the DEXSQL logs and the link, while seemingly correct in the SLB UI, is not generating the correct SQL code. See below for the actual SQLthat SLB generated. The last line is " T2. = T1.SOPTYPE and T2. = T1.SOPNUMBE" Note that the field name for T2. is m...

Junk email filter
I did an upgrade from 2002 office. The Junk email filter works great only on the Inbox. I check three different eamil accounts and have rules to move the messages to their respective folders that I created for each email account. The Junk email filter does not work on these folders. the rules are as follows; Apply this rule after the message arrives through the "Specified" account, move it to the "Specified" folder. Thanks Tom Check the order of your filters. (tools-rules wizard). Move the rules up or down to satisfy your needs. If your rules to move to specifi...

Disable recall message on the server
Hi, Is there a way to disable or turn off message recall on the server side? I do not care if it still shows up on the users outlook client, but management would like to make it so it never works on our server. We are using Exch 2003 sp1. Thanks, Debra In news:191B223A-D29E-406E-BE23-D378B9647B2A@microsoft.com, Debra <Debra@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi, > > Is there a way to disable or turn off message recall on the server > side? I do not care if it still shows up on the users outlook > client, but management would like to make it so it never works on...

Completely Turning off Junk Email Filtering in Outlook 2003
Does anyone know how to completely turn off Junk Email filtering Outlook 2003? We want all emails, regardless if spam, to go directly to every users' Inbox. Thanks. That's a first, but from the end user standpoint Tools | Options | Preferences | Junk E-mail. Only other way I can think of is when the profile is generated (assuming CIW is in use) and Exchange is in use, is to turn off cached mode. "Chris H" <ChrisH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C250A388-DEFA-4402-8449-80FF3FC91B4C@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how to completely turn o...

anyway to make outlook to execute some vbs or js script for complex filtering
or would I have to make use of .net? at this place there is no .net implemented Maybe the outlook vba group might be a better place to post "MSDN newsgroup" <NoOne@allMailSunken.net> wrote in message news:%23Mp53SYEKHA.4184@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > or would I have to make use of .net? > > at this place there is no .net implemented > "MSDN newsgroup" <NoOne@allMailSunken.net> wrote in message news:%23Mp53SYEKHA.4184@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > or would I have to make use of .net? > > at this place there is no .net implemented mic...

Can't access hotmail using Outlook Connector for MSN
I can't seem to download anything from my hotmail account into Outlook after setting up a link with Outlook Connector for MSN. Anyone have any ideas? ...

Reducing Spam Associated with Posting to Newsgroups
Due to a recent increase in spam sent to posters in newsgroups, Microsoft advises that newsgroup participants should consider avoiding posting to newsgroups using their real email address. Microsoft is also committed to continuing to address the issue of spam from a technological perspective. To help avoid receiving unwanted messages (spam) in your regular e-mail account, you may not want to include your regular e-mail address when you post a question or reply to a post in a discussion group. Instead you may want to do one of the following: * Use a modified e-mail address: Use a different v...

Junk Email scan on demand
Outlook 2003 junk email filter does a very good job detecting spam on arrival. I have several old PST files / folders with a mix of a large number of good messages and spam that I receive before starting to use junk email filter, and looking for an option to re-scan these PST files / folders to get rid of junk emails. I remember that Spam Inspector software allowed to launch cleaning selected folders in PST file from spam. Is there any way to activate junk email filter in Outlook 2003 on-demand? No, sorry. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outl...

Filtering, Counting and Denying
Sounds like a strange subject name, but here's what I want to do. I have a table called BOOKINGS. In it are all the daily car bookings - past, present and future. Each booking is identified by DEPARTMENT (1=DA, 2=Finance, 3=Exec, etc), and BOOKINGDATE. I want to be able to deny any department - other than 1-DA - the opportunity to book out one of our vehicles if the total external department count of bookings exceeds two on any given day. Not sure how to go about this, but I think I need to filter out the daily bookings by date, then count all records that are not department 1, and t...

AutoFormat not working in Word 2007 in Windows 7
I have just installed the Office 2007 suite on Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit edition. Almost everything works well, but I noticed that when I type quotes, Word 2007 is not automatically converting them from straight quotes to curly quotes. I have went into the Word Options and tried the setting both ways, but it makes no difference. I have made absolutely no changes to this installation, and this problem does not occur on my Windows Vista and Windows XP machines. The computer is virus-free (I have an antivirus solution running, I don't go to shady sites to begin with...

autocalculate doesn't work even with formula .
I have been using the same worksheet for past 1 year. Last week, when I edit the worksheet by input new data into it, I realise that : 1. The "Total" does not add up the sums of 2 cells automatically, even though the "A1 + B1" formulation is still in the cell. 2. I have auto-link sheet 1 cells into sheet 2 in different layout to suit my final output design. But even I paste the cells in the designated area in sheet 1, my final output does not automatically show the new data I have input into sheet 1. Only way to "show in the final output" correctl...

Find feature does not work with HTML messages (Content-type: text/html)
I have Outlook 2000 SP-3 running under Windows ME. When using the Find feature to locate all e-mails with a given word in the message, no items are found if the e-mails are of "text/html" content-type. The Find feature appears to work for any messages that have URLs embedded and are "multipart/alternative" or "text/plain" content-type. I noticed a similar post several months ago (see http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=%23qSBYIssDHA.2224%40TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl). Is there a work-around for this problem, or should this be reported t...

Code working but not straight away!
This code is selecting all my check boxes after I have to close the form and re-open, can it be altered to work without closing and opening the formThanks for any help...........BobPrivate Sub Command19_Click()Dim strsql As Stringstrsql = "UPDATE tblHorseInfo SET tblHorseInfo.Worksheet = True"DoCmd.RunSQL strsqlEnd Sub NEVER MIND fixed already...Thanks Bob"Bob" <xxx@xx.xx> wrote in message news:et7d5o$gmt$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...>> This code is selecting all my check boxes after I have to close the form > and re-open, can it be altered to work without closing and...

Junk mail that is not junk mail
Windows 7, Live Mail v2009, suddenly is putting everything from one of my contacts in junk mail folder. Put contact in safe senders list, had no effect on situation. Appears to be no way to simply TURN OFF junk mail detection. How can I tell Live Mail to stop making decisions for me? Tools | Safety Options | Options Tab. Check the first button to set it for no automatic filtering. Check the Blocked Senders tab and make sure the address is not listed there. Make sure you have no message rules that could be responsible. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] ...

Remote Desktop not working.
I cannot connect to remote desktop on a Windows 2003 Server with SP1. It is enabled but when I try i get the error: "The client could not connect to the remote computer. Remoote connections might not be enabled or the computer might be too busy to acccept new connections. It is also possible that network problems are preventing your connection. Please try connecting again later. If the problem continues to occur, contact your administrator." I have checked and there are not users connected. I have disabled remote desktop and enabled it again with no luck. The last cha...

Somehow disabled the ability to click on links in e-mail
A link will show up in an e-mail but when I click on it, nothing happens. Can I correct this? Thanks in advance. --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =- Matt <buddyheadx@yahoo.com> wrote: > A link will show up in an e-mail but when I click on it, nothing > happens. Can I correct this? In Internet Explorer, click Tools>Internet Options>Programs>Reset Web Settings -- Brian Tillman ...

UDF Not working
This function should return the new string, but it returns Blank can anyone explain why, and also tell me how to fix it and avoid similar issues in the future. I tried using Select Case statement in my first attempt and it did not work, so I figure I switch to If statements, but the result is the same a blank. Thanks in advance Global strField As String Sub Raul() strField = "AP_Parts" strField = Test(strField) MsgBox (strField) End Sub Function Test(strField As String) As String Dim FndException strmval = UCase(strField) If strmval = &quo...

How do I make the toolbar in my 'trial' of Publisher 2007 work?
nothing is active except the select all button. i can't edit or create anything. not making me want to buy the full version. thanks to anyone who has any ideas. j jives wrote: > nothing is active except the select all button. i can't edit or create > anything. not making me want to buy the full version. > thanks to anyone who has any ideas. > > j ======================= Maybe the tutorials at the following site will get you started: Publisher 2007 Creating a publication http://tinyurl.com/32ew4l -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP D...

Filter suddenly limited
I have an excell file that is about 2000 rows. I use the filter t locate rows with same names, The filter now only works thru row 1256. Any suggestions what is causing this -- Neil Hanawal ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Neil Hanawalt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1589 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27380 Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Neil Hanawalt wrote: > I have an excell file that is a...

Outlook connector doesn't work
vWin7 starter, Outlook 2003, Outlook connector v 14 installed. When klicking "Outlook connector" and "Add a new account" in Outlook, nothing happens (absolutely nothing - no messages or boxes appear). I habe removed and reinstalled both Outlook and Outlook connector several times, no help in that. Anyone who have a suggestion? ...

Disabled Exchange 2K3 accounts starting to accept new emails #2
Hello, whenever I would disable a user account in Exchange 2003, it would NDR any new email, unless there was a forwarding address in the delivery options tab, which is how I wanted it to be. However, since applying the security updates for February, the disabled accounts have begun accepting new mail. Does anyone have any ideas why? Feb. updates applied: KB890830 KB931978 KB926436 KB924667 KB928843 KB928090 KB918118 KB931836 Hi, you are right, and I think that Microsoft want it to be that way from the beginning. Read this articles http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319047 http://support.m...

DIR function stopped working on Vista
Hi. I am developing an Access 2007 application on Windows Vista. Suddently the DIR() has function stopped working. By not working, I mean that the function constantly returns an empty string regardless if the specified file/directory argument exists. I recently installed some Vista updates from Microsoft Update...I wonder if this could have caused it. Does anyone know what could be causing this? Is anyone else experiencing this? Thanks Mike I have found that DIR will not work if you are using UNC paths to link to another file. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP...

Protected Mode not working??
Last week I was running IE7 and noticed that even though the "Enable Protected Mode" tick box under Tools > Internet Options > Security was properly checked the Status Bar at the bottom of the main screen said "Protected Mode: Off". So I installed IE8, but it still said the same. So I reset the security level to "Default" and re Set the tick box, clicked Apply, and restarted IE and the status bar still says the protected mode is off. What is going on here? What can I do about it. Ted Smith Vista SP1? You're logged in to the Adm...