Formatting

I've always used MS Word as my email editor in Outlook. Is this possible in
Live Mail.

Nope. I'm afraid that's only possible using Outlook.
In WLM you have to use the built in editor. Is there anything in particular
that's lacking from the built in editor that you're looking for?

Colin Brown
WL MVP

"jrchambe" <jrchambe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've always used MS Word as my email editor in Outlook. Is this possible
> in
> Live Mail.

0
Colin
4/19/2010 6:58:53 PM

"jrchambe" <jrchambe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've always used MS Word as my email editor in Outlook. Is this possible
> in
> Live Mail.

Not easily.    E.g. you could create a dummy post using WLMail to create an
..eml and HTML container, then send that to the Outbox with Work Offline set.
Then use Word to do what you really want to do in HTML.   Then find the .eml
file in the Outbox and replace the original HTML with your Word generated
HTML.   Then finally do something to actually send what you had delayed and
modified in the Outbox (e.g. Synch your Mail account.)

I don't think you could do it any other way without having the WLMail editor
possibly messing up whatever HTML you had created using Word.    BTW this
procedure was simpler before they took away the Send All  command but you
should still be able to get something which has been delayed in the Outbox
out to its server, even if it means sending another dummy .eml to yourself.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

0
Robert

------=_NextPart_000_007A_01CADFEB.F31F64F0

Unique to Outlook with Word installed due to its inherent suite =
integration.

WLM and its sister/brother products are integrated with each other(LIve =
- >Messenger, PhotoGalley, Writer, Movie Maker, Live Services[online]) =
not with Outlook or Office apps.

--=20
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail
  "jrchambe" <jrchambe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  I've always used MS Word as my email editor in Outlook. Is this =
possible in=20
  Live Mail.
------=_NextPart_000_007A_01CADFEB.F31F64F0

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Dutf-8>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6002.18226" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3DMailContainerBody=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 15px" =
leftMargin=3D0=20
topMargin=3D0 CanvasTabStop=3D"true" name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Unique to Outlook with Word installed due to its =
inherent=20
suite integration.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>WLM and its sister/brother products are integrated =
with each=20
other(LIve - &gt;Messenger, PhotoGalley, Writer, Movie Maker, Live=20
Services[online]) not with Outlook or Office apps.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>&nbsp; ...winston<BR>&nbsp; ms-mvp mail</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"jrchambe" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:jrchambe@discussions.microsoft.com">jrchambe@discussions.m=
icrosoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:5EC21892-D39F-4219-AB0F-47BC14E1CD36@microsoft.com">news:5EC=
21892-D39F-4219-AB0F-47BC14E1CD36@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>I've=20
  always used MS Word as my email editor in Outlook. Is this possible in =

  <BR>Live Mail.</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_007A_01CADFEB.F31F64F0--

0
winston
4/19/2010 10:13:02 PM
WL Mail is not integrated with MS Word, so MS Word cannot
function as a "built-in" editor of an active WLMail document.
(As per previous replies).  However, you can use cut and paste
(or copy and paste) to move text etc., between the programs.

That workaround is not perfect and in particular, it produces
better results, if you change all paragraph breaks in the word
document to line breaks (or double line breaks), before you paste
the text from Word into WLMail.

"jrchambe" <jrchambe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've always used MS Word as my email editor in Outlook. Is this
> possible in
> Live Mail.

0
Bob
4/20/2010 8:00:09 AM

"Bob Lucas" <bob@nospam.com> wrote in message
> WL Mail is not integrated with MS Word, so MS Word cannot function as a
> "built-in" editor of an active WLMail document. (As per previous replies).
> However, you can use cut and paste (or copy and paste) to move text etc.,
> between the programs.
>
> That workaround is not perfect and in particular, it produces better
> results, if you change all paragraph breaks in the word document to line
> breaks (or double line breaks), before you paste the text from Word into
> WLMail.

Does this mean that you don't have to worry about  WLMail's  formatter
messing up HTML it couldn't have created?    So you could actually get
custom HTML into the Outbox unscathed and on its way using a normal Send?
That would be simpler than my workaround.   ; )

Robert
---

> "jrchambe" <jrchambe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I've always used MS Word as my email editor in Outlook. Is this possible
>> in
>> Live Mail.

0
Robert
4/20/2010 1:35:02 PM
Yes.

Create the document in Winword.
Change all of the paragraph breaks to line breaks.
Then, copy and paste it into WLMail.
Send.

This method even copies tables from a Word document.

As I said before, it isn't perfect - but it works for me,
particularly if it is a long or complex document.

> "Bob Lucas" <bob@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> WL Mail is not integrated with MS Word, so MS Word cannot
>> function as a "built-in" editor of an active WLMail document.
>> (As per previous replies). However, you can use cut and paste
>> (or copy and paste) to move text etc., between the programs.
>>
>> That workaround is not perfect and in particular, it produces
>> better results, if you change all paragraph breaks in the word
>> document to line breaks (or double line breaks), before you
>> paste the text from Word into WLMail.
>

> Does this mean that you don't have to worry about  WLMail's
> formatter messing up HTML it couldn't have created?    So you
> could actually get custom HTML into the Outbox unscathed and on
> its way using a normal Send? That would be simpler than my
> workaround.   ; )
>

> Robert
> ---
>

>> "jrchambe" <jrchambe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>>> I've always used MS Word as my email editor in Outlook. Is
>>> this possible in
>>> Live Mail.

0
Bob