    Junk e-mail
    Deleted items
Outbox
Storage folders
    Drafts
    Sent items
    Deleted items
    Local Folders...

When I delete mail, most all go to the first "Deleted items" folder.
However, there
are a few that go to the Deleted Items folder under "Storage folders".
Why, and why do I need those extra folders, even the "Storage Folders" ???
Earl

0
Earl

That top set are specific to your mail account.  Each mail account that
you set up in WLM will have its own set of folders.

The bottom set are used for newsgroups and any local folders that you
choose to create there.

Messages deleted from storage folders will go to the storage folder's
deleted items.  I've also heard that at least in some situations,
messages sent via an IMAP account may end up in the storage folders Sent
Items.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"Earl Partridge" <earlpng@pearnet.com> wrote in message
> Windows 7  64-bit
> In my folder list, at the top I have:
>    Inbox
>    Drafts
>    Sent items
>    Junk e-mail
>    Deleted items
> Outbox
> Storage folders
>    Drafts
>    Sent items
>    Deleted items
>    Local Folders...
>
> When I delete mail, most all go to the first "Deleted items" folder.
> However, there
> are a few that go to the Deleted Items folder under "Storage folders".
> Why, and why do I need those extra folders, even the "Storage Folders"
> ???
> Earl

0
Michael
8/19/2010 6:29:17 PM
Hi, Earl.

As Mike said, each of your Mail Accounts will have its own set of those
folders.  Of course, that won't be apparent unless you have more than a
single mail account.  I've used only POP3 mail, so my comments might not
apply to MAPI and other protocols or to RSS feeds.

CAVEAT:  When you Delete or Remove a Mail Account, WLMail will ask "are you
sure"?  But that question is in an ordinary-looking pop-up box, and MANY
users simply click 'Yes" without reading the warning!  The warning is buried
in the middle of a sentence but the important part says, "...your messages
will be permanently deleted when you remove this account."

Many users have posted here, asking how to get their messages back after
they've removed an account.  We have some solutions, but they can't always
be used.  What does work, though, is to move your messages - at least all
that you want to keep - out of the default folders into Storage Folders that
you create.  Mail Rules work well for this purpose.  And you may want to
include Drafts and Sent items folders, as well as each Inbox.  The default
folders will be removed when that Mail Account is removed, but the Storage
Folders and their contents will remain until you delete them in some other
way.

The Deleted items and Sent items folders under Storage folders are for News
messages, not for emails.  You may, if you like, create additional Storage
folders to hold drafts and other Mail items that you want to preserve.  You
can, of course, create multiple levels of such folders and sub-folders in
the Storage Folders tree.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Earl Partridge"  wrote in message

Windows 7  64-bit
In my folder list, at the top I have:
    Inbox
    Drafts
    Sent items
    Junk e-mail
    Deleted items
Outbox
Storage folders
    Drafts
    Sent items
    Deleted items
    Local Folders...

When I delete mail, most all go to the first "Deleted items" folder.
However, there
are a few that go to the Deleted Items folder under "Storage folders".
Why, and why do I need those extra folders, even the "Storage Folders" ???
Earl

I think I understand... so if I have message rules set to forward specific
mail
to a specific folder that  I created, then deletions from that folder I
created,
will go to the Deleted Items folder under Storage Folders.
Thanks
Earl

"R. C. White" <rc@grandecom.net> wrote in message
> Hi, Earl.
>
> As Mike said, each of your Mail Accounts will have its own set of those
> folders.  Of course, that won't be apparent unless you have more than a
> single mail account.  I've used only POP3 mail, so my comments might not
> apply to MAPI and other protocols or to RSS feeds.
>
> CAVEAT:  When you Delete or Remove a Mail Account, WLMail will ask "are
> you sure"?  But that question is in an ordinary-looking pop-up box, and
> MANY users simply click 'Yes" without reading the warning!  The warning is
> buried in the middle of a sentence but the important part says, "...your
> messages will be permanently deleted when you remove this account."
>
> Many users have posted here, asking how to get their messages back after
> they've removed an account.  We have some solutions, but they can't always
> be used.  What does work, though, is to move your messages - at least all
> that you want to keep - out of the default folders into Storage Folders
> that you create.  Mail Rules work well for this purpose.  And you may want
> to include Drafts and Sent items folders, as well as each Inbox.  The
> default folders will be removed when that Mail Account is removed, but the
> Storage Folders and their contents will remain until you delete them in
> some other way.
>
> The Deleted items and Sent items folders under Storage folders are for
> News messages, not for emails.  You may, if you like, create additional
> Storage folders to hold drafts and other Mail items that you want to
> preserve.  You can, of course, create multiple levels of such folders and
> sub-folders in the Storage Folders tree.
>
> RC
> --
> R. C. White, CPA
> San Marcos, TX
> rc@grandecom.net
> Microsoft Windows MVP
> Windows Live Mail Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3002.0810)) in Win7 Ultimate
> x64
>

> "Earl Partridge"  wrote in message
>
> Windows 7  64-bit
> In my folder list, at the top I have:
>    Inbox
>    Drafts
>    Sent items
>    Junk e-mail
>    Deleted items
> Outbox
> Storage folders
>    Drafts
>    Sent items
>    Deleted items
>    Local Folders...
>
> When I delete mail, most all go to the first "Deleted items" folder.
> However, there
> are a few that go to the Deleted Items folder under "Storage folders".
> Why, and why do I need those extra folders, even the "Storage Folders" ???
> Earl

0
Earl
8/19/2010 7:10:59 PM
That is not entirely correct. Deleted items and Sent folders under Storage
folders may be the default location for IMAP servers unless you have
configure the IMAP settings otherwise. You are correct in the context of POP
mail and Live (http) mail.

"R. C. White" <rc@grandecom.net> wrote in message
> The Deleted items and Sent items folders under Storage folders are for
> News messages, not for emails.

> "Earl Partridge"  wrote in message
>
> Windows 7  64-bit
> In my folder list, at the top I have:
>    Inbox
>    Drafts
>    Sent items
>    Junk e-mail
>    Deleted items
> Outbox
> Storage folders
>    Drafts
>    Sent items
>    Deleted items
>    Local Folders...
>
> When I delete mail, most all go to the first "Deleted items" folder.
> However, there
> are a few that go to the Deleted Items folder under "Storage folders".
> Why, and why do I need those extra folders, even the "Storage Folders" ???
> Earl

0
Magnus
8/19/2010 7:11:37 PM
If the folder you created is under Storage folders... yes. But if the
created folder is under your mail account, maybe not. Try it first.

> [...]
>> Windows Live Mail Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3002.0810)) in Win7 Ultimate
>> x64
>>

>> "Earl Partridge"  wrote in message
>>
>> Windows 7  64-bit
>> In my folder list, at the top I have:
>>    Inbox
>>    Drafts
>>    Sent items
>>    Junk e-mail
>>    Deleted items
>> Outbox
>> Storage folders
>>    Drafts
>>    Sent items
>>    Deleted items
>>    Local Folders...
>>
>> When I delete mail, most all go to the first "Deleted items" folder.
>> However, there
>> are a few that go to the Deleted Items folder under "Storage folders".
>> Why, and why do I need those extra folders, even the "Storage Folders"

0
Magnus

XP Office outlook personal folders
Through some technical glitch, i lost all my personal folders months ago - all emails, contacts etc. After some fruitless weeks of revovery efforts, i simply started all over. now, the original set of personal folders, all of them, have reappeared and are fully accessible. i need to know how to merge all the email folders, contacts, etc, but since XP office does not appear to contemplate this possibility, i am unable to find hints on how to merge. Any ideas?? Thanks. ...

Public folders in exchange 2003
Hi I have trouble with publicfolders in exchange 2003. The problem is that some objects I cant access and I cant delete them. I tried to use the admin raw mode but it didnt work to delete them. Does any one know how to do?? regards tintin Are they normal folders or system folders? What error do you get? Is this in Outlook or ESM? "admin raw mode" - Are you trying to use the 5.5 admin? -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup...

Accidentally Renamed my Sent items folder in Entourage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I accidentally renamed my sent items folder in entourage. It no longer says sent but instead appears as a project I was working on. How do I revert back to the original name &quot;sent&quot; ? On 1/7/10 1:03 PM, pbhasin@officeformac.com wrote: > I accidentally renamed my sent items folder in entourage. It no > longer says sent but instead appears as a project I was working on. > How do I revert back to the original name "sent" ? Entourage should not have le...

viewing compacted mail folders in Outlook Express 6
I recently backed up my mail folders by using the compact command. Now my "sent items" folder is empty and I want to see my old e-mails. I tried importing but there is no import option for Outlook express 6, just 4 and 5. ...

Deleted email folder
I deleted email folder that i want to recover, can't figure out how to do it, tired the info supplied in OUtlook 2000 but I do not seen the revocer mail tab...need some help asap!!!! Recover Deleted Items is only available if you are using an Exchange server and the Administrator has enabled it on Exchange. If this is standalone, your folder/items are toast if you have already emtied the deleted items folder. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my persona...

Folder Options not taking effect
Hi, Regarding the Tools > Folder Options... dialog, is there any reason a change made there would not "stick"? I like to see my file extensions as it helps me identify a file quickly, but everytime I deselect "Hide file extensions for known file types", click Apply and OK, once the dialog closes, the setting is re-applied like I hadn't done anything. When I open the folder options dialog again, I see that it's selected again. The same is true of "Hide protected operating system files". What's wrong with my installation? Does anyon...

Folder making problem
I have Outlook 2002. When I create a new folder I cannot save it to the Shortcut Bar. When I delete emails from my IN box they are not saved in my DELETED folder. I get the following message: **Outlook could not save the updated folder shortcut information. Check to make sure there is sufficient disk space and that the file "C:\Documents and Settings\Jack\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook" is not marked read-only. Another attempt to save will be made after the next change or when you exit. You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation.** The above mentione...

Move multiple folders
Is there a way to move several folders (within the folder list) at once? anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to move several folders (within the folder > list) at once? Nope. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doesn't speak for me. ...

target="_blank" for folder URL?
Hey folks, I have an email archiving application that runs off Exchange 2003 and has a web interface. I made a default home page for the folder in Outlook, which almost works. There must be some sort of security setting in Outlook prevent the pop-up view of individual archived messages when called from the archiving application's web page within Outlook. Everything works just fine in IE and I can't figure out if this is indeed a security setting in Outlook. I tried throttling down all security settings as a test and I still experience the problem. Is there any way to make a...

How to create meeting room reserve application in public folder?
I have three meeting room and reserve by manual. How to use public folder for these requirement? Why not just use resource mailbox instead and setup to auto-accept meetings. Either use AutoAccept Agent (download from microsoft.com) or set up those mailboxes to auto-accept appointments and auto-decline conflicting appointments. http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF019.html -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Mesak" <Mesak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFEF78FD-E8ED-403F-82F8-8C6D4A8B2E53@microsoft.com... >I have three meet...

can't open microsoft outlook as set of folder could not be opened
could you please help how i can open microsoft outlook as whenever i try to open it , it says the message 'can't open microsoft outlook as set of folder could not be opened'. Rajesh <Rajesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > could you please help how i can open microsoft outlook as whenever i > try to open it , it says the message 'can't open microsoft outlook as > set of folder could not be opened'. Use Control Panel's Mail applet to make sure your mail profile is pointing at a valid PST. -- Brian Tillman ...

Web favorites folder
I have installed a new hard drive on my computer and made it my primairy. My old drive is a slave. I want to move my favorits pointer to my new h/d. Where is it & what file name? Thank you bill@springprop.com It depends on your operating system, but if you are talking about Internet Explorer favorites, look for a folder called "Favorites". "Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:062801c3ad0c$c0bf4840$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have installed a new hard drive on my computer and made > it my primairy. My old drive is a slave. ...

Is ANYONE successfully getting an NNTP news feed into Public Folders on Exchange 2003?
I've been beating my head against the wall trying to make NNTP news work with Public Folders on Exchange 2003. I really like the idea of having news articles appear in Public Folders as well as via port 119, but I can't seem to make it work. I've got a fully-up-to-date Windows Server 2003 system running fully-up-to-date Exchange 2003. The Exchange mail, Public Folders, IIS bits, etc have all been working properly for some time. I enabled the NNTP service and set up a newsfeed to point to a known good source (it happens to be another system that I manage). I know 100% that the s...

Generating Diagrams from Files and Folders?
I have a folder containing 13 sub folders with a total file count of 2,445 text files. Each of these text files extends off another text file which may either be of the same sub folder or another one within the directory of sub folders. How can I go about generating a diagram of how they all link together? Unless you're doing it manually, it will require custom code, since that isn't a normal set of delivered functions. al "Ferris" <Ferris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2FDA857B-B124-4F25-B1D5-9EF62087151A@microsoft.com... >I have a folder c...

Two differently named folders for IDE Hard Disk Drives?
Hello, on our CEPC device, two CF cards can be mounted as IDE HDDs. In storage manager registry settings, I can only define one name for the profile "HDProfile". If a 2nd card is detected, it gets a number concatenated (e.g. "Flashdisk:" and "Flashdisk2:") Is it possible to give the second store of the same type a different name (e.g. "Flashdisk" and "Storage card")? Thanks in advance. Then change the profile name the IDE key refers to. You should have something like this in your reginit.ini: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drive...

public -> private folder replication
is it possible to set up replication from a given public folder to specified users personal folders? You would probably need to replicate pulic folder data to a ost file as described in the following links http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;195435 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;182158 "MC" <MC@spammenot.com> wrote in message news:ee2Uu4sfEHA.3544@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > is it possible to set up replication from a given public folder to > specified > users personal folders? > > "MC" <MC@spa...

public folder #16
Hello, I deleted a public folder on my exchange 2003 server. I create a new public folder and have to give this new folder the emailaddress from the old one (the one that is deleted). When i do that ,i get the message that the email address already exist at the organization. Can i somewhere delete this address before i give it to my new public folder? Hi Walter, "Walter" <wavdp@belgacom.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:OXLULL0cFHA.2384@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I deleted a public folder on my exchange 2003 server. > I create a new public folder a...

Public folder permission problem
We moved some public folders (by downloading to a PST) from an Exchange 5.5 server to a new 2003 server. (Exchange server is on a different domain, if that matters) We have re-created the permissions on the folder, but a couple of the folders on the new system don't allow users to edit the contents, even when they are marked as Owner or Editor. The folder in question is a Contact folder, and when you open specific items, the title bar says "read only". Other items (created AFTER the transfer) don't have this problem. The true domain administrator account doesn't have th...

Outlook Express update
I recently downloaded and installed the available Win98 updates. Afterwards, Outlook Express takes forever to open and then I can not see my old mail folders. I can confirm their existence with Windows Explorer and the "Tools/Options/Maintenance" dialog box shows the correct (default) path. How do I get this list to appear again so I can retrieve these older messages? Thanks, Rob Rettew rrettew@charter.net ...

Mail Enabled System Folders (by default) necessery ?
Hello, I have a question regarding the 'System Folders' within Exchange2003. If I am correct almost all System Folders are e-mail enabled. Is this for a purpose and can I disable this? (e-mail disable) And secondly; Withing the Exchange Management Console I can manage e-mail adresses from mail enabled system folders. But if I look with ADSI Edit under 'CN=Microsoft Exchange System Objects' is see the same mail enabled folders. But some of these public folders listed here contains other e-mail adresses than listed within ESM??. Also if i disable email enabled folders they dis...

Listing all folders
Hi, I'm trying to list all the folders in my mailbox using VBA. I know I need to perfom a recursive search but after nearly two day I've nearly given up the will to live! If anybody has the actual code (not a description of how to 'do it') this would be extremely helpful. Many, many thanks. Warren. This is Outlook VBA code adapted from my forthcoming Outlook 2007 book. = It puts a list in the Immediate window. You could adapt it to write the = information to a file, a message, etc. Note that ProcessFolder is = recursive.=20 Dim mlngItemCount As Long Dim mlngFolderCount A...

IMAP folders not bold even when new mail arrives
I have Outlook 2007 (vista) with both pop and imap accounts. The pop folders appear bold when they contain new unread email. The imap folders do not appear bold when they contain new unread mail. When I click on the imap folder they will then be bold indicating new unread mail. I rely on the bolding to check for new mail, how can I make the imap folder appear bold when new unread mail arrives? I also wanted to note that my hotmail account folder using Outlook Connector does bold when new unread mail is available. "sjmnyc" wrote: > I have Outlook 2007 (vista) with bot...

Corrupted "deleted Item" folder in microsoft outlook 2000
Hi all, I have this spam mail in my deleted item folder which i am not able to delete it away. When i tried to delete it, open it, move it to other folder etc ... outlook 2000 will have an error and will close down and i have to restart it. I tried lots of methods suggested by some nice people in here but stil it doesnt work. Is there any way or how can i have a whole new "deleted item" folder without losing my other folders and emails as well ?? Pls help.... thanksss Yes, per personal experience. Make a new PST, even customize the name of it for yourself. Make it the def...

Problems with Find in Archive folders...?
Howdy, I am in OL2000... I just ran the Find function on my Sent Items folder, did not find the message I needed, and realized that it probably had been archived. I then ran the Find on the Archived Sent Items folder. In a moment, it flashed "Done" but came up empty. I then scrolled down and quickly found the message that I knew to be there. Does the Find function not work (properly) on archived folders? If not, how does one find stuff? Sincere thanks, -- Kenneth If you email... Please remove the "SPAMLESS." ...

Emails Disappearing from INBOX to Recover Deleted Items Folder
I have a user using Outlook 2003 on a Windows 2000 box. Her email will arrive to her inbox and stay there for about 3 seconds and then it will disappear from her inbox and you will find it in her Recover deleted Items folder. The restore from her Recover Deleted Items folder puts the emails directly in her INBOX. It is bypassing her deleted items folder entirely. I have already attempted the Microsoft KB Artcle which recommends clearing all filters and rules. I am at a dead end with no solution in sight. PLEASE HELP Does this happen if you open her mailbox on another computer?...