error ox800CCC7D

Why am I getting this message.

The server does not support a SSL connection.

Subject 'test'
Server Error: 250
Server Response: 250 OK
Server: 'smtp.comcast.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC7D
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): Yes
0
Walter

Just what it says. You need to disable the unsupported SSL option:
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Advanced,
then uncheck the SSL option.=20

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Walter Goldschmidt" <wgold@woh.rr.com> wrote in message =
> Why am I getting this message.
>=20
> The server does not support a SSL connection.
>=20
> Subject 'test'
> Server Error: 250
> Server Response: 250 OK
> Server: 'smtp.comcast.net'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC7D
> Protocol: SMTP
> Port: 25
> Secure(SSL): Yes
0
Gary
1/4/2010 7:05:00 AM
Been awhile Gary, thanks that is actually what I did but after working for 2
months why would it all of a sudden stop working.

Walt

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
> Just what it says. You need to disable the unsupported SSL option:
> Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Advanced,
> then uncheck the SSL option.

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen
>

> "Walter Goldschmidt" <wgold@woh.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Why am I getting this message.
>>
>> The server does not support a SSL connection.
>>
>> Subject 'test'
>> Server Error: 250
>> Server Response: 250 OK
>> Server: 'smtp.comcast.net'
>> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC7D
>> Protocol: SMTP
>> Port: 25
>> Secure(SSL): Yes

0
Walter
1/4/2010 7:41:49 AM
On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 02:41:49 -0500, Walter Goldschmidt wrote:

> Been awhile Gary, thanks that is actually what I did but after working for 2
> months why would it all of a sudden stop working.

Ask Comcast. They run the server. However, I suspect that SSL is only
enabled for port 465 connections, not for port 25 connections.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come

> Been awhile Gary, thanks that is actually what I did but after working =
for 2=20
> months why would it all of a sudden stop working.
>=20
> Walt
>=20
> "Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message=20
>> Just what it says. You need to disable the unsupported SSL option:
>> Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Advanced,
>> then uncheck the SSL option.
>>
>> --=20
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen
>>

>> "Walter Goldschmidt" <wgold@woh.rr.com> wrote in message=20
>>> Why am I getting this message.
>>>
>>> The server does not support a SSL connection.
>>>
>>> Subject 'test'
>>> Server Error: 250
>>> Server Response: 250 OK
>>> Server: 'smtp.comcast.net'
>>> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC7D
>>> Protocol: SMTP
>>> Port: 25
>>> Secure(SSL): Yes=20

0
Gary
1/5/2010 5:12:38 AM
Having found" tools, accounts," in Windows livemail (click Alt) there is
no advanced facility to uncheck the SSL settings. If I do that in
internet explorer will it have the same effect? E mails go OK in IE but
I can't stand the moving adverts blinding me.:o

--
jomknight

jomknight
1/9/2010 11:38:09 AM
SSL settings in WLM are applicable to the encryption/secure connection used by the mail server(pop3 or smtp) to process your
respective account send/receive request.
 - SSL is available for each configured pop3 account (Tools/Account/<select account>/Properties/Advance tab)

The above SSL settings have no relevance to IE.

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"jomknight" <jomknight.44it0i@no-mx.forums.Win7heads.com> wrote in message news:jomknight.44it0i@no-mx.forums.Win7heads.com...

> Having found" tools, accounts," in Windows livemail (click Alt) there is
> no advanced facility to uncheck the SSL settings. If I do that in
> internet explorer will it have the same effect? E mails go OK in IE but
> I can't stand the moving adverts blinding me.:o
>

> --
> jomknight

winston
1/9/2010 8:25:12 PM
"jomknight" <jomknight.44it0i@no-mx.forums.Win7heads.com> wrote in message

> Having found" tools, accounts," in Windows livemail (click Alt) there is
> no advanced facility to uncheck the SSL settings. If I do that in
> internet explorer will it have the same effect? E mails go OK in IE but I
> can't stand the moving adverts blinding me.:o

When you've arrived at Tools > Accounts, select the account you're
concerned about and click Properties. The SSL options are on the Advanced
tab.
--
Noel

0
Ildhund
1/9/2010 8:28:47 PM
Thanks have done that but still cannot send. Have set "send immediately"
but messages stay in outbox (with open envelope sign) and don't go .
There seems to be no "send now" instruction attached to the outbox an
"send immediately" should work anyway.

--
jomknight

jomknight
1/10/2010 10:15:06 AM
Tools, Accounts, Properties, Servers tab, is My server requires
authentication checked?
--
Ron Sommer
MS-MVP Windows Live Mail

"jomknight" <jomknight.44kjlk@no-mx.forums.Win7heads.com> wrote in message

> Thanks have done that but still cannot send. Have set "send immediately"
> but messages stay in outbox (with open envelope sign) and don't go .
> There seems to be no "send now" instruction attached to the outbox an
> "send immediately" should work anyway.
>

> --
> jomknight

Ron

Error message........
After a re-organisation when ever I save my excel file it throws up the message that autopublish cannot find a web address and gives some addresses of a defunct location. I know why it is happening but do not know how to stop the error messages. ...

Visual C++ Run Time error when opening Outlook 2000
I get the following error message when opening Outlook 2000 on a Win98 machine: Runtime Error! Program: C:\Programs\Microsoft Office\Office\Outlook.exe This program has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. I have uninstalled/reinstalled Office2000. I have downloaded newest updates to Office 2000. I have run a virus check on the PC. I turned off the anti-virus software. I have run the repair utility - all without success. I suspect a problem in the registry, but don't know what to look for. Has anyone come across this problem? Can someone help? I would be eve...

Error installing Extender.
Hi, When I try to install Extender on a machine, I receive the following error: "The required configuration information necessary for installing could not be found on this machine" I have GP 8.0 sp3, Latin American version. Any Idea?? I don´t know what need to check... -- Evelin. Ana - just a guess, but are you logged in as Administrator? Perhaps it's a issue with user rights to access/edit the registry. Brenner @ (www.KlenzmanConsulting.com) "Ana Evelin Rosa" wrote: > Hi, > > When I try to install Extender on a machine, I receive the following...

Function is not availalbe in expressions in query expression error message (0/1)
I recently received this error message when opening the source DB in Access 2007. I have attached two jpg pics. Does this error message give enough details for someone to point me in the right direction for a fix? The last time I developed and worked in this DB everything worked fine. I get this error when clicking on a control that runs a query macro against a backend DB consisting of about 15 tables. I should mention the error comes into play when trying to run the frontend on a client W/S. I don't see the error while on my W/S which is my developer W/S and has Acce...

Convert Lead to Account, Contact, or Opportunity Error CRM 4.0 #2
Hi, in CRM 4.0 when I try to convert a Lead to an account, lead or opportunity it tells me there is an error and to try again. It gives me no details on the error. But when I try to disqualify a lead it allows me to do that. So what would cause me not to be able to convert a lead? Thanks. -- Christina Hi Christina, Do you have any Plug-in associate with Account or Opportunity? If not, I believed a platform trace will able to tell you what is wrong. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe Horwath http://www.crowecrm.com On Dec 8, 10:45=A0am, Christina <Christ...@discussions.microsof...

Error Code 800736B2
I have a relatively new laptop with Vista, and I cannot install any updates. I receive an error code 800736B2. Lots on the web about removing Kaspersky Internet Security, but I don't seem to have this software. What can I do to update my laptop? 800736B2 ERROR_SXS_INVALID_ACTCTXDATA_FORMAT The application binding data format is invalid. Suggest running the System File Checker: <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936212> no joy.......then/or Start a free Windows Update support incident request: <https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=6527&...

DSUM error# Syntax problem?
I am trying to use DSUM to create a running total via Method 1 in MS TID 290136. I am getting an error in my DSUM statement. Very simple query: SELECT SalesForGraph.Week AS CWeek, SalesForGraph.[2006Profit], DSum("2006Profit","SalesForGraph","[WEEK] <= " & [Cweek]) AS RunTot FROM SalesForGraph ORDER BY SalesForGraph.Week; The string for Criteria resolves to: [week] <=1 [week] <=2 etc. What am I doing wrong? Phil Changed it to SELECT SalesForGraph.Week AS CWeek, SalesForGraph.[2006Profit], DSum("2006Profit","SalesForGraph&quo...

Error opening Outlook 2007
I am getting a "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Office Outlook and set it as the default mail client." I have it as the default email client. Also under the mail icon in control panel I have another profile that is {d9734f9-8cfb-411d-bc59-833e334fcb5e}. I can delete all the profiles and create just one profile that other profile comes back again. I have tried all the solutions that I have found in the net. I am using Windows Vista and Outlook 2007. Thanks Ed is this a home or...

Error message when replying to email
I connect remotely via dial-up VPN connection and able to receive emails, so the server connection is OK. I was able to send emails to both an inside and outside email, however when I reply to certain emails, I receive an error message "Network Problems are preventing connection to the microsoft exchange server". I am running W2k and Outlook 2000 and the server is Exchange 5.5. Any help would be appreciated. ...

link error #5
Hi, After I change the project setting to 'multithreaded DLL' I got the link errors: uafxcwd.lib(appcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___wargv uafxcwd.lib(appcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___argc Is there any lib missing? thanks, chi ...

Email Errors> no download of messages>error messages. #2
Email Errors> no download of messages>error messages. My email has been working just fine until today. I can't think of anything I've done to create a problem. I'm using WindowsXP-pro-sp2; Outlook 2003, and Norton AntiVirus 2005. The same problem just started in Outlook Express as well. Was on the phone with Charter for over two hours removing email accounts and then adding them from scratch. I've been trying for hours and hours fix this to no avail--the error message keeps coming up and I'm expecting some very important email. The error messages will say someth...

Cannot access office out, getting POP3 Reporting Error 0X80042108
Hi there, i understand MS made some changes and now i am locked out from my MS Office Outlook. I get a POP3 Reporting Error # 0X80042108. The server does not recognize me. Is there any instructions on how to set or re-set this? Is there any REAL PERSON i can talk to for FREE Tech Support??? Thanks, Ray @ manauto@msn.com The changes were to how Outlook pulls Hotmail. Verify your settings against this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813514/en-us "Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23A6252E-7B5F-454D-BB5A-5C9AB2B24DCD@microsoft.com... > Hi there...

Outlook Error #42
I keep getting the following error when I startup the application. "Microsoft Outlook; Error in registry for Exchange Extensions;?"The sintax format of the registry entry is incorrect. Check the registry settings and compare the registry for this extension to other extensions in the registry. Then the ok button displays. What could be causing this, and what's the solution. Thanks in advance Denise You might try searching for and deleting the extend.dat file while Outlook is closed, and see if that solves the problem. The file may be in a hidden folder, so make sure you ...

Error ID 1016 (Network Compromise)
I've been going through my event logs, and starting two days ago, I've seen domain users showing up in Error ID 1016 with the following message: domain\username has logged on to domain\username's mailbox and is not the Primary WinNT account. It would suggest that someone is reading someone else's mail. However, it's rampant- I'm receiving the error from multiple users accessing multiple mailboxes. It does not coincide with a backup and I've never seen the message prior to two days ago? What on earth is this? Additionally, I had a strong password (just changed it)...

Error Opening Reports Node on New Installation.
We had a pretty uneventful CRM installation, the product installed on the first attempt with no errors, and all aspects of it appear to operate correctly with the exception of Reports. When opening the reports node in CRM, we were getting the ever so useful "An Error has occurred, please contact your system administrator". I enabled verbose error messages in the web.config file and captured the followng error message. ========= Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application. --------------------------------------------------------------------...

Outlook 2000 error #17
I cannot seem to keep Outlook open on our server. Dr. Watson comes up and says: An application error has occurred and an application error log is being generated. OUTLOOK.EXE Exception: access violation (0xc0000005) Address: 0x3f99a142 What in the world is that and what can I do about it? Thank you! Hello, The problem you are experiencing is most likely caused by some add-ins in Outlook. Try the following troubleshooting steps to narrow down the problem: Note: Since some anti-virus programs will cause unexpected application conflicts, please temporarily disable any anti-virus programs o...

Run-time error 3426
Hey everyone, I have an error thats popping after a recent update. I have a form, that I've added a Jump To field. The field is called txtGoTo. Its a simple Text Box in my form header, the user enters a six digit class number and the form jumps directly to that class. Everything works fine and it takes my user to the correct record. However, when the user then go into the record and edits any field in the record, and then returns to teh Jump To field, I get an Run-time error 3426. It says that This action was cancelled by an associated object. If the suer makes no change...

Error posting cash receipt
We are receiving the follwoing error in one database only; Batch 20090908_LW failed to complete posting. Use the Batch Recovery winodow to complete the posting process. More Info button says; A get/change operation on table 'CM_Deposit_Work' failed. A record was already locked. We are on GP9.0 SP1 "TMack" wrote: > We are receiving the follwoing error in one database only; > Batch 20090908_LW failed to complete posting. Use the Batch Recovery winodow > to complete the posting process. > > More Info button says; > A get/change operation on table 'C...

SVC00106 table errors with vendor combiner
Does anyone know what table SVC00106 is for and how it is populated? We are on Dynamics 10 and use RMA and RTV, but not service. When I try to combine vendors using the professional services tool it gives me a duplicate key error referencing this table. It appears to be the existence of the line it doesn't like, not the information the line contains. This table contains vendors that were added through sometime in 2006, nothing more recent. If I combine two vendors and at least one of them was added after 2006 I received no errors. Can this table be deleted? Since it hasn'...

rules in error #16
I am using outlook on two different machines/locations with the data .pst file on a mobile drive. When connecting this mobile drive and opening outlook for the first time at the machine were I arrive, a 'Rules in error' pop up window shows up. The pop-up window lists all rules for which new messages are arriving. When opening 'rules and alerts' those rules for which messages have arrived are unchecked. I have to recheck the rules and click apply, click ok - in order for all registered rules to work/apply. Is there a way to avoid this - so that even when switching bet...

transferred docs to new computer, getting errors on some

Error while reassigning a case
Hi I am getting an "Unexpected Error" while trying to reassign a case to me or any user. The event log gave the following details. Event code: 3005 Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. Event time: 8/22/2008 4:26:59 PM Event time (UTC): 8/22/2008 10:56:59 AM Event ID: 3a3114afcddc4afc9eef87bf0f336201 Event sequence: 436 Event occurrence: 3 Event detail code: 0 Application information: Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/1395421759/Root-1-128638756704412983 Trust level: Full Application Virtual Path: / Application Path: D:\Skelta CRM\ Mach...

DST Exchange Tool : getting : 0X80004005 : Unable to find mailbox timezone error
Hi Running the tool for users on an Exchange 5.5 server, getting a lot of users with error : 0X80004005 : Unable to find mailbox timezone error... We know that these users have logged in outlook before, but don't use OWA in this org. Can anyone help... Have several thousand users to get trough... Thanks !!! -- If you know their time zone, just copy then to mailboxes_1.txt. Add server name and time zone. Use Excel fill down function, then save it as mailboxes_1.txt, run the batch file. On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 23:29:44 -0500, "Thinkpad21" <thinkpad21@yahoo.com> wrote:...

RE: Error Number HRESULT=0x80004005
I've recently received the following: Money is not able to load some or all of your Financial Planner data. Please note the error number on this message, and then contact Microsoft technical support for more information. HRESULT=0X80004005 Would anyone know what I need to do to eliminate that from popping up twice everytime I log in to Money 2003? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;242340&Product=mny is possibly what you need to do. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and ...