email icon

I have an email in my inbox in windows live mail and the envelope icon has a
red or purple arrow pointing to the left. What does this mean?
--
xgdude

It indicates that you replied to that message.
A green arrow pointing right indicates that you forwarded the message.

Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64
http://download.live.com/wlmail
"xgdude"  wrote in message

I have an email in my inbox in windows live mail and the envelope icon has a
red or purple arrow pointing to the left. What does this mean?
--
xgdude

0
Dave

outgoing email on Exchange 5.5
In exchange administrator - internet mail service properties - Queues tab. some ontgoing emails have no name in the Originator column. Is this normal??? bouncebacks... originator is your server. Dean "james" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d67101c3ef28$eac364b0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > In exchange administrator - internet mail service > properties - Queues tab. some ontgoing emails have no > name in the Originator column. Is this normal??? ...

Receiving email messages 07-17-10
Hi, Why do all my messages received in Windows Mail are in duplicate? Can anyone tell me how to fix this? -- Many thanks. T Go to Tools, Accounts, and look at the properties of all your mail accounts to make sure there isn't a duplicate account. If no duplicates, who is your mail service provider, and which antivirus are you running? Some of them can cause problems with Windows Mail over time. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "nalag" wrote in message news:2966F095-833C-471E-8C8C-50375BA49C2F@microsoft.com... Hi, Why do all my messages received in ...

Email Button
I've added an email button to a form 'chill intake'. The button is looking at a field on the form 'Haulier' and finding the email address for that haulier in a table called 'Hauliers', it will then open a new blank email with the Hauliers email address in the 'TO:' box. The form macro i have for this is : =(DLookUp("[Email Address]","Hauliers","ID=" & ([Haulier],0))) However when i click on the button an error occours and access shuts down. This has only happened after adding the above. Any ideas? ...

HTTP Email Timeouts
Using Outlook 2002 on my laptop and MSN HTTP email while on a modem, I cannot download any emails into Outlook that are more than 99 KB in size. Since I used to be able to specifiy the timeout intervals with POP3 email, I tried to do this with Outlook and HTTP email, but there are no settings. Is there a workaround solution to this problem? I get the same server timeout error message while using the desktop with DSL when the attachments are over 1.5 MB All suggestions appreciated. ...

can I email newletters containing hyperlinks
I am creating a newletter and would like to use hyperlinks to other pages in the document. How can I email this newletter and get the hyperlinks to work within the document? Is it necessary to convert it to a web publication in order for those links to work, even if I only want to link to another page in the document? Do I need a webpage to link it to? you probably won't be able to create a multipage newsletter email. and hyperlinks in email need to be absolute links, not relative. "Lilly" <Lilly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:EAEE15CD-B454-4566-...

Work around for POP 3 email
I do not have a static IP address for my network, I am wanting to try to use something like noip.com for a work around with the pop 3 connector in Exchange. Will this work for CRM email or will I still be using only outlook to send email and adding a token for CRM follow up manually. ...

Email search
I am trying to use instant search in Outlook 2007 to find emails received on a particular day of the week. The help file seems to think I should be able to do this by using "received:Monday". But when I search this way, all I get are emails received on the most recent Monday, not emails received on ANY Monday. Anyone know a way I can do this search? ...

Approving emails before being sent to company wide Distribution List
Hello all - is there a way to be able to "approve" an email sent to a company wide distribution list before it gets emailed out to everyone? Thanks! -Blake On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 16:20:58 -0400, "Ringholz, Blake" <bringholz@Galvanon.com> wrote: >Hello all - > >is there a way to be able to "approve" an email sent to a company wide >distribution list before it gets emailed out to everyone? > >Thanks! > >-Blake Put delivery restrictions to a select few on the "All User" DL and require that anyone sending out to that DL...

Some sent items r going 2 junk email folder,filter is off,how fix
Outlook 2007, XP pro, Having a problem with some of the sent items going to the junk email folder instead of being sent. Junk email filter is turned off, data base is fairly large at over 14 gb but had been up to 18gb with no problems. Any suggestions how to fix this otr why its even happening? Are you running a 3rd party spam filter? I've never heard of Outlook's junk e-mail filter even looking at outgoing messages, much less putting them in Junk E-mail. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers....

incoming email setup
I am running sharepoint services 3.0. I am trying to get a document library to accept emais. I have followed the white papers from MS, however I am getting an error. Here is what I am doing: 1) set up the document library 2) go to settings, document library settings, communications, incoming email settings. 3) on the incoming emails settings page: choose yes for allow to receive, give an email address and press OK. 4) After press OK I receive the following error: Go back to site ERROR. Error in the application. thanks! ------=_NextPart_0001_767E57C2 Content-Type: tex...

Digging out an email address
I have a rather thorny problem that I am sure can be solve using VB code but I am not that good with VB code yet. I have a 60 character text string that contains an email address. What I think I need to do is find the end of the line and work back left until I hit the 1st space after it finds the @ sign. In scanning the input data, the email address is always the last thing entered on the line. Please help! Look into the InStrRev function. Assuming the text string that contains the e-mail address is named strText, try something like: Mid(strText, InStrRev(strText,...

Double Email on Outlook 2002
I am receiving double emails in Outlook 2002 sp1on WINXP Pro. Not every message doubles, and my settings in Outlook are not set to leave a copy of the message ont eh server. My ISP says there is nothing on there side that would cause messages to double like that, especially not intermintently on some messages and not others. Does anyone have any ideas?? Thanks!! ...

Emails developed in Publisher do not print out all pages
I have developed an email newsletter in Publisher that is about 2 pages long (22"). When I sent it to myself to test it, on my screen it looked fine, but when I went to print it out, as I expect some recipients will do, only the first page printed. I have been playing with the set up, but to no avail. I would appreciate any help on this. I've learned why this doesn't always work - and there is no work around. It has to do with the way that Publisher converts your file into an email. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Carjack45" <Carjack45@discuss...

blocking emails from a specific person
We are running Exchange 2003 on 2003 Server. I have 2 questions: 1. What is the easiest way to block a specific email address for everyone? 2. Is there a way to block similar emails in a easy way? A person is emailing the company from hotmail, ex name@hotmail.com, I block it, and then he changes to name1@hotmail.com, is there a way to stop this, without blocking the entire hotmail domain. To block specific email address or domain, use Sender Filtering. (After you insert address in Global Settings remember to enable Sender Filtering on smtp virtual server and restart it). To block name@...

Unable to track email or route emails
When tracking email in outlook i receive the following error: An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator. When i check the trace file on the crm server the following is logged: [2006-06-07 22:21:17.7] Process: w3wp |Thread: 2712 |Category: Platform.Soap |User: xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx |Level: Warning | SoapContext.DumpErrorResponse >SOAP Request failed: >Url:http://xxxx/MSCRMServices/Email.asmx >MethodName:CheckPromote >Response: ><?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> ><soap:Envelope xmlns:soa...

Sending emails using AOL settings
Hi Any advice on the folowing would be appreciated: Am using AOL broadband as my ISP. I am able to configure Outlook Express to send & receive emails OK When using the same Outlook Express settings in Outlook 2002 am unable to send emails - an error refering to incorrect email address appears. HAve double & doubled checked and all email address's are identical as per those used in Outlook express. Using XP Pro with service pack 2 TIA Tom There are special settings for Outlook with AOL that are available at AOL support. http://help.aol.com/aimhelp/search.do?cmd=displ...

Need to slow email
Can anyone sugest how we can slow the sending of email from CRM from a campaign? The emails hit our exchange server, then our Internet bandwidth all at the same time. We would like to spread out the emails through out a longer period. Thanks, -- Ken Try it by increasing the duration time and set the priority type Low in the email entity before sending the email. Sailaja. ...

Cant link Contacts to outgoing email
please help. I recently loaded Office XP on my Window XP OS. My palm address book is now in synch with MS Office contacts. I also have my school email linked to MS office. However, when I try to send an outgoing email and click on "TO" I can only seem to access my school's email contacts. I can not access any of my entries that I have in my Outlook contacts (which I had dowloaded from palm). Please help. If you created a new contact subfolder under Contacts in Outlook for your imports, you have to tell it to be available as an address book. In the "Folder Li...

Email Mail Merge from Access 2003
Hi I am trying to start a Word email mailmerge from Access 2003 by clicking a command button macro. I have a module containing the Mergit () function. The macro uses "OpenModule" to call the function. The function contains this code: Function MergeIt() Dim objWord As Word.Document Set objWord = GetObject("C:\CPS\Letters\EMember Newsletter Notification", "Word Document") 'Make Word Visible. objWord.Application.Visible -True 'Set the mail merge data source as CPS. objWord.MailMerge.OpenDataSource _ Name:="C:\CPS\CPS Source...

Receiving email at multiple locations
I have Outlook 2003 configured with a POP server and receive email there without incident. I also have a Blackberry and an iPod Touch, both configured to receive email from the same account. Despite the fact that Outlook is instructed to leave mail on the server (via the Advanced tab in More Options), when Outlook is open, my two mobile devices do not receive email, except in the lucky circumstance of them happening to check for mail before Outlook does. Why is this happening? How can I get all three locations to get along? Is the only solution to configure Outlook as an IMAP server? I...

email trouble
When typing a email I have these symbols that look like two straight lines with a curved top that I can't get rid of, what have I done. "Sherry" <Sherry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22DE63C5-5034-4CFF-9009-AA636886DD96@microsoft.com... > When typing a email I have these symbols that look like two straight lines > with a curved top that I can't get rid of, what have I done. When you hit enter? Control-Shift-8 Otherwise, what version of Outlook? What do you type to get the character? -- f.h. ...

Large emails stay in outbox and sended repeatedly
I have a terrible annoying problem. When I sent emails bigger than approximately 1 MB the mail stays in the outbox and is sended over and over again. The recepient does recieve many times the same mail. When I sent a small mail there is no problem. The mail is sent and disappears in the outbox. I experienced this problem also with outlook 2003 and XP. Now I use outlook enterprise version 2007 and Vista. I also use Mc Afee and already tried a switch off of the email checking and spam. I have installed a http account to a outlook exchange webacces server. Who can help me? -- LS If you...

View another email address under local folders
Anyone know how to add another email folder in my local folders. I have 2 that a need to monitor and don't want to keep going back and forth between the two. I have windows.vista.mail "Windows Mail" Essentially you cannot, not in the manner you are accustomed to, unless you are using IMAP instead of POP3. You can however make rules that automatically categorizes messages. "Kathy Simoneaux" <jsimoneaux2@cox.net> wrote in message news:ew7tqyWnKHA.1544@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Anyone know how to add another email folder in my local folders. &...

CRM Email Router Undeliverable sub folder
What is causing emails to end up in the Email Routers Undeliverable folder? I've been looking at the emails there and I can't determine why they are getting there. The emails are going to valid users, their primary email address was the one sent to. It is odd that they show up here. Many emails are processing through the system normally so it's not an account permissions problem. Is there any way to get some logging to see what is happening? I Have the same problem some mail is ending up in the undeliverable folder. Did you get a fix for this "Brian G" wro...

Include a hyperlink in an email generated by an access database?
I use MS Access 2000 and would like to know if it is possible to include a link to a database on our server in an email from that database. For example: Report A is generated as a view and the send e-mail window comes up because the repot is going to automatically go out as an RTF document. Is there a way to have a hyperlink to the database included? Thanks, ...