Editing Contact Information - 110346

Does anyone know if there's an easier way to edit contact information?

I can't seem to cut and paste text if I need to update or edit someone's
email address or other contact information.
This a basic function but it doesn't seem to work on Live ..
Is this a defect in the system or am I'm missing something?

Thank you

There are two steps before you can edit:
click Edit Contact
click one of the categories under Summary  You will probably want to click
Contact.

--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP- Windows Live Mail

"Editing Contact Information"  wrote in message

Does anyone know if there's an easier way to edit contact information?

I can't seem to cut and paste text if I need to update or edit someone's
email address or other contact information.
This a basic function but it doesn't seem to work on Live ..
Is this a defect in the system or am I'm missing something?

Thank you

0
Ron
8/3/2010 9:19:04 AM
If you aren't seeing menu options to copy/paste, use the standard
Windows keyboard short cuts

Ctrl-C - Copy
Ctrl-X - Cut
Ctrl-V - Paste

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"Editing Contact Information" <Editing Contact
Information@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if there's an easier way to edit contact information?
>
> I can't seem to cut and paste text if I need to update or edit
> someone's
> email address or other contact information.
> This a basic function but it doesn't seem to work on Live ..
> Is this a defect in the system or am I'm missing something?
>
> Thank you

0
Michael
8/3/2010 7:54:27 PM
- WLM Wave 3 Version 2009 Build 14.... right click(copy/paste) is not =
functional.  It will never be, the last program update=20
occurred in May and did not resolve the problem.
- WLM Wave 4 beta Version 2010 Build 15...right click(copy/paste) is =
functional.

If the traditional keystrokes Control C/Control V which work in Wave 3 =
and Wave 4 are not sufficient, then consider upgrading to=20
WLM Wave 4 after it goes RTW.

The current beta is always an option, but ensure you have a =
backup/restoration plan in place(...ie...it is a beta)

--
....winston
ms-mvp mail

"Editing Contact Information"  wrote in message =

Does anyone know if there's an easier way to edit contact information?

I can't seem to cut and paste text if I need to update or edit someone's
email address or other contact information.
This a basic function but it doesn't seem to work on Live ..
Is this a defect in the system or am I'm missing something?

Thank you=20

0
winston

How to tell what edition of exchange 5.5 currently running
Hi How can tell, what edition of exchange server currently running with out restart the IS service? Thank You Sultan on exchange server admin click help ---> about that should give the answer >-----Original Message----- >Hi > >How can tell, what edition of exchange server currently >running with out restart the IS service? > >Thank You >Sultan >. > How can I tell if it is standard or Ent.? thank you >-----Original Message----- >on exchange server admin click help ---> about that >should give the answer > > >>-----Original Mess...

Sharing Contact Forms on Exchange 2003
I have a user that created contact forms using Outlook (Office 2003). Server side, I have Exchange 2003 running on SBS 2003. The user would like to share these forms with the organization. What is the best way to publish the custom contact forms in Exchange 2003? Dragging the form to the public folders copies the data, but nothing more. Thanks in advance, J Wolfgang Goerlich ...

letter to contacts in outlook
I would like to create a letter for more than 1 person in my contacts in outlook, like a mail merge. And I like to use my own template for this letter. How can I do this? Tnx, ME Have you even tried looking in the help files first? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, ME asked: | I would like to create a letter for more than 1 person in my contacts | in outlook, like a mail m...

deleting contacts
I'm aware that i must be deleted from another user's contact list in order to delete that user from Live Messenger. However, a co-worker deleted my contact yesterday and i still cannot delete him. I don't show up as a contact when he logs into live messenger or hotmail, but i still can't delete him on the live messenger options > privacy tab. Greetings bk, I've noticed this problem too -- you may need to sign out/back in a few times and/or wait longer. I was trying this the other day and couldn't make it happen, and then came back to it another da...

Importing Contact Causes Outlook 2003 to Shut Down
I have a cvs file to import. I have three contact files in Outlook 2003. I wish to update each with a cvs file. The first two times, it worked fine. With the third contrac file, it begins the process, the progress bar shows about 1/4 of the way, and then Outlook closes. No error messages are shown -- it just closes. "celderkin" <celderkin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:542E3A98-C391-4999-9DAF-BEC130FA5624@microsoft.com... >I have a cvs file to import. I have three contact files in Outlook 2003. I > wish to update each with a cvs file. The...

Composing New Email-Make New Contact- Read New Mail
I have a windows 98 machine with office 2000. Everything has been fine until today. If I click to make new message or make new contact or read new mail, the cursor comes up and that is how it stays. I have to control alt delete to get out of it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program. I ran virus checker and spybot checker. I have removed and put back email accounts. I can click on each contact, but not open. i can read email, asin preview mode, but not open it. Can you help? Thank you Janice ...

No Tree Structure in OL 2003 Folder List for Contacts
No Tree Structure in Folder List for Contacts In the Outlook 2003 Folder List (left hand pane) I can set icons at the bottom to quickly skip back & forth. The only way to get a Tree Structure for Contacts is to Select the Folders List Icon which shows all items, Emails, Contacts etc. in the tree structure that I have set up just like Outlook 2000. If I select the Mail Icon, I see my mail folders only as expected and they are in the tree structure I have set up as expected. If I select the Contacts Icon, I see only Contacts as expected HOWEVER they are in one long list in no obvious ord...

Why can't I open contact record by double-clicking on email addres
Using Outlook 2007 and Win 7 Previously, if a contact was in my address book, I could open/access their record by double-clicking on their email address in the heading of an email (say, from my Inbox). Now, when I do this, I only see the Email Properties window (as would appear for a contact who is not in my address book) and not the contact's editable record. Is there a setting that controls this? Resolved as follows: I had a hunch it may have had something to do with a particular add-in I was using (LinkedIn toolbar and add-in). I didn't disable the add-in, ...

Simple DDX_Text with edit box and spin button falls over
I've run across something I've never encountered before, though I've used spin buttons many times in the past. I've reduced it to a bare minimum program as follows. -Create an MFC dialog app -Add two edit boxes and two spin buttons, one for each box (in the correct order) -Add integer variables to each edit box -Set the spin buttons to autobuddy the edit boxes and to setbuddyint -Create OnChangeEdit() methods for each edit box -Inside the methods, call UpdateData( false ) to read the edit box integers On the generated call to DDX_Text for the second edit box ( DDX_Text(pDX, ...

Excell formula that autofills information
Hello Experts, I am attaching an excel file with what I would like to do and with what I think is 'half' of the formula. Basically I have certain agents that manage cases. I get the information of the cases each of the agents have and paste it in a tab on my file. Once this happens I would like to automatically fill in some columns and rows for each agent. For example in the RAW tab is where I paste the information, I would like excel to search for the agent in the D column and if it matches the agent in the tab, to search for the matching row in column A and then paste the case num...

Synchronization of Outlook contacts
Hi , We have an issue with the synchronization of MSCRM contacts with the Outlook contacts. We have followed the below steps 1. Created a contact in MS CRM 2. synchronized with outlook o Contact shows up in outlook 3. Deleted the contact from outlook 4. updated the same contact in MSCRM ( say the email) 5. Re-synch the contact The contact does not come back to outlook. now in this situation if you reassign the contact to another person, re-synch outlook and assign him back to yourself it would re synch with outlook and appear. If any one has encountered such situation...

Outlook Express Group Contacts
Is there a way I can copy the email address from a group contact I have set up without cutting and pasting each individual email adress? "Tony" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5b1601c42d6c$42534d90$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way I can copy the email address from a group > contact I have set up without cutting and pasting each > individual email adress? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help w...

Contacts pictures
With our current CRM environment, we can add pictures to every person in our contacts/ user database. This certainly helps when you have a customer or business partner on the phone. It would be great to have a picture right in the profile of the contact in Microsoft CRM too. Not just an attached file! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Micro...

edit links
upon hitting edit--links, there appears a link to: "E:/testprogram.xls" i want to get rid of this link. additional info: i have no idea of what this "linked" file is, probably one i used in the past, but he "E" drive is curious. i have tried all the usuall stuff like edit, links, change source, but to no avail. there are no spreadsheet formulas in the entire workbook. there are, however, graphs throughout that may have been brought in from another file, but all of the source data feeding the graphs are from this workbook and the graphs work fine. any thought...

scalable headings in Microsoft Excel when editing long formulas
I use Excel a lot (2000 and 2003) and frequently create long formulas which have 4 or more rows. When I have the size of my workbook maximized, these formulas hide my column headings (A,B,C,etc.). When formulas become more than 1 row, the size of the maximized window should always modify so that a user can always see the column references while editing. Is there a way to do this without constantly having to re-size my active workbook window (i.e. taking it off maximized)? It is so aggravating ... ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to th...

Contact>Activity list + Active Directory
I've got a user that went to a friend's workplace, where they also have AD implemented. There, when they go to Contacts, open a contact, and click the Activity tab, they see a complete history of every email they've sent to them and able to track it. However, on our site, the contact list is mostly people from outside our AD domain(on mine, I have only one person, the user in question has over 600). The user really only wants the ability to track messages. I've got a couple Outlook books(Outlook 2003: Step By Step and Outlook 2003: Inside Out) but I can't find any informati...

import contacts from received E-Mail
Hello, if one of our customers receives a E-Mail with Outlook 2003 contact in the appendix, the OWA customer can open the appendix without problems, but it is not possible to save the the new contact in his own contacts. The button "safe and close" is not available (button is grey). Windows/Exchange 2003 native enviroment (last servicepacks installed), Office 2003 SP2, Windows XP SP2 (IE6 SP2) Could it be an administrative task in our OWA config or could it be a security problem? We already have check the MS KB-Article (883575) for the IE6 security and popup-blocker problem. ...

Re-enter payee information
I have been using MS Money to pay bills and frequent annoyance is when I type in the payee, the selection list never shows the payees. I type it in and have to re- enter the account number and everything. Doesn't make sense that i have to keep putting this in. Anyone know what I am doing wrong? I've checked these boards and found help with my passport problem but no entries on this issue. Money has two kinds of Payees. Explicit--those on the explicit list that shows in Accounts & Bills|Categories & Payees|Payees--and implicit--those that are recorded somewhere in a tra...

excel 2007 edit links problem
I have another question, sorry to bother you guys. according to this linkage: http://help.wugnet.com/office/Edit-Window-Bug-Excel-2007-ftopict1001880.html when you press update links, you will have some problem to view the links. this web page one Microsoft MVP said this is a known bud on jan 2008. i would like to know, excel 2007 solved this problem yet? thx a lot~~~ ...

I have noticed that I am sending emails to everyone in my contact.
Does anyone know how to stop emails that are being sent from my email address by an unknown user? This has happened a few times now and the email that is being sent contains different links. I have scanned my computer and my virus protection is okay. "Brandy Lynn" <Brandy Lynn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3D105071-3F7D-4D35-B69C-7971321619CC@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how to stop emails that are being sent from my email > address > by an unknown user? This has happened a few times now and the email that is > being sent ...

Setting up mail format (Plain Text) for specific contacts?
Does anyone know if it's possible to use a standard mail format (e.g. HTML or RTF) for most messages, but to have messages to a specific contact default to Plain Text instead? Its Ok, I found it...its well hidden though! You need to open up the contact, double click the e-mail address, and you then get the option. mj.redfox.mj@gmail.com wrote: > Does anyone know if it's possible to use a standard mail format (e.g. > HTML or RTF) for most messages, but to have messages to a specific > contact default to Plain Text instead? ...

In Cell Editing
Hi there: Been using Excel for years but haven't asked this question until now... Could have saved myself a few days likely! Anyway, say I type BACON in a cell and press enter or tab - the focus moves to the cell below. If I arrow back up to the cell that has BACON in it, how do I start editing it without double clicking on it with the mouse? I don't want to delete BACON and start again, I want to edit BACON. After I'm done, I want to eat bacon. haha Thanks Press F2 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in ...

unable to change bank sign-in information
I am trying to change my sign-in information & when I do, it changes back to the wrong information. How can I get it to allow the change? -- Annette What bank are you trying to sync with? "Annette" <Annette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0F94711-9C0E-408E-9630-DE7AD7AA17AA@microsoft.com... >I am trying to change my sign-in information & when I do, it changes back >to > the wrong information. How can I get it to allow the change? > -- > Annette ...

Outlook 02 business contact manager
I try to open a contact record and I get an error " array index out of bounds". Does anyone know how to resolve this problem. Outlook 2002 does not contain a Business Contact Manager. What is the program that you are using for this purpose? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Rick Aquino <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | I try to open a contact record an...

Business Contact Manager #34
Hi I recently had installed Business Contact Manager onto Outlook 2003. Then my PC crashed. The only file we saved was the PST. My question: have I lost all contacts that I had "converted" into ACCOUNTS in BCM? It appears that way...but just wondering if maybe I am missing something obvious. I have all my contact info EXCEPT my key customers..... Any help is appreciated Thx ...