e-mail settings

I copied my settings from my older desktop computer but I can't send or
receive e-mail on this laptop with Windows 7.  Any suggestions?

Assuming you installed Windows Live Mail...
Do you get any error messages?  If so, right-click on it, select Copy. then
Paste it into a reply here.

Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64
http://download.live.com/wlmail
"Pam"  wrote in message

I copied my settings from my older desktop computer but I can't send or
receive e-mail on this laptop with Windows 7.  Any suggestions?

0
Dave
8/3/2010 2:03:23 PM
The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail
address. The sender's e-mail address was 'pmmtchll@verizon.net'.

Subject 'test'
Server Error: 550
Server Response: 550 5.7.1 Authentication Required
Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC78
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No

"Dave N9" wrote:

> Assuming you installed Windows Live Mail...
> Do you get any error messages?  If so, right-click on it, select Copy. then
> Paste it into a reply here.
>

> Dave N.
> MS-MVP (Mail)
> Windows 7 Ultimate 64
> http://download.live.com/wlmail
> "Pam"  wrote in message
>
> I copied my settings from my older desktop computer but I can't send or
> receive e-mail on this laptop with Windows 7.  Any suggestions?
>
> .

Try changing the outgoing (SMTP)port from 25 to 587
see...
http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSInternet/General+Support/Top+Questions/QuestionsOne/124274.htm
and
http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/HighSpeed/Email/Setup+And+Use/QuestionsOne/124305.htm

(WLM is set up pretty similar to OE)

"Pam"  wrote in message

The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's
e-mail
address. The sender's e-mail address was 'pmmtchll@verizon.net'.

Subject 'test'

"Dave N9" wrote:

> Assuming you installed Windows Live Mail...
> Do you get any error messages?  If so, right-click on it, select Copy.
> then
> Paste it into a reply here.
>

> Dave N.
> MS-MVP (Mail)
> Windows 7 Ultimate 64
> http://download.live.com/wlmail
> "Pam"  wrote in message
>
> I copied my settings from my older desktop computer but I can't send or
> receive e-mail on this laptop with Windows 7.  Any suggestions?
>
> .

0
Dave
8/3/2010 7:27:25 PM
On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 11:02:07 -0700, Pam wrote:

> "Dave N9" wrote:

>> "Pam"  wrote in message

>>> I copied my settings from my older desktop computer but I can't send or
>>> receive e-mail on this laptop with Windows 7.  Any suggestions?

>> Assuming you installed Windows Live Mail...
>> Do you get any error messages?  If so, right-click on it, select Copy. then
>> Paste it into a reply here.

> The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail
> address. The sender's e-mail address was 'pmmtchll@verizon.net'.
>
> Subject 'test'
> Server Error: 550
> Server Response: 550 5.7.1 Authentication Required
> Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC78
> Protocol: SMTP
> Port: 25
> Secure(SSL): No

Error says, "Authentication Required". Check your "Account Proptertie"
(right click on the account). On the "Servers" tab, make sure you have "My
server requires authentication" checked on the "Outgoing Mail Server"
section.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come

"N. Miller" wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 11:02:07 -0700, Pam wrote:
>
> > "Dave N9" wrote:
>
> >> "Pam"  wrote in message

> >> Assuming you installed Windows Live Mail...
> >> Do you get any error messages?  If so, right-click on it, select Copy. then
> >> Paste it into a reply here.
>
> > The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail
> > address. The sender's e-mail address was 'pmmtchll@verizon.net'.
> >
> > Subject 'test'
> > Server Error: 550
> > Server Response: 550 5.7.1 Authentication Required
> > Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net'
> > Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC78
> > Protocol: SMTP
> > Port: 25
> > Secure(SSL): No
>
> Error says, "Authentication Required". Check your "Account Proptertie"
> (right click on the account). On the "Servers" tab, make sure you have "My
> server requires authentication" checked on the "Outgoing Mail Server"
> section.
>
> --
> Norman
> ~Oh Lord, why have you come
> ~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum
> .

Since you changed two items..
Did you try other combinations of those recommended settings
Port 587 with Authentication
Port 587 without Authentication
Port 25 with Authentication

Fyi...don't post a valid email address in a public forum in the body of =
your message. xxxx@verizon.net is sufficient. Doing so
allows it to be harvested by spammers and other bots.

--
....winston
ms-mvp mail

"N. Miller" wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 11:02:07 -0700, Pam wrote:
>
> > "Dave N9" wrote:
>
> >> "Pam"  wrote in message

> >> Assuming you installed Windows Live Mail...
> >> Do you get any error messages?  If so, right-click on it, select =
Copy. then
> >> Paste it into a reply here.
>
> > The message could not be sent because the server rejected the =
sender's e-mail
> > address. The sender's e-mail address was 'pmmtchll@verizon.net'.
> >
> > Subject 'test'
> > Server Error: 550
> > Server Response: 550 5.7.1 Authentication Required
> > Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net'
> > Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC78
> > Protocol: SMTP
> > Port: 25
> > Secure(SSL): No
>
> Error says, "Authentication Required". Check your "Account Proptertie"
> (right click on the account). On the "Servers" tab, make sure you have =
"My
> server requires authentication" checked on the "Outgoing Mail Server"
> section.
>
> --=20
> Norman
> ~Oh Lord, why have you come
> ~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum
> .

0
winston
8/4/2010 6:16:32 AM
I changed the out going port back to 25 and it works!  Thank you all for your
help!!

"Pam" wrote:

> I copied my settings from my older desktop computer but I can't send or
> receive e-mail on this laptop with Windows 7.  Any suggestions?

How do I get my compuserve e-mail to populate outlook?
I am currently using compuserve as my e-mail provider. How do I migrate to using Microsoft Outlook? Buy Outlook (alone or as part of Microsoft Office). Install Outlook. Define an account within Outlook with the server settings specified by Compuserve for their POP3 and SMTP servers. If you cannot find their web page that lists the server's IP names and ports that you are supposed to use, and since you are paying them for mail service, call their tech support to get that information. __________________________________________________ "kateramos" <kateramos@discussion...

mail message in my fie menu
Ever since I bought my new computer I havenot been able to send E Mails/Messages on Outlook 2000 I cannot find Mail message in the File menu and even when accessing a new E Mail form thewre is no send button on the toolbar Please advise It sounds like you attempted to install Outlook 2000 on your new computer and move your old data file. It also sounds like you now have a corrupt Outlook profile. How did you go about moving the Outlook Data File? Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP- Print /Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When Ne...

E-mail Reply Problem !!!!!
Hi, I've got one Exchange Server 2003 (w/o SP1) in the network, all user is using Outlook 2003, when the user has sent out the mail via "Reply All", the field "TO" or "CC" only display local user E-mail Address but other E-mail Address doesn't not exist ??? I don't know the problem is in Exchange Server or Outlook. Please help and give me the solution. Tks a Lot !!!!! ...

Duplicate mail forwarded
This is a Windows 2003 SP1 server with patches up to date, Exchange 2003 SP-2. We are using forwarding rules on the mailboxes to forward messages to certain user's Blackberry devices. We are getting several messages sent multiple times (up to 20 at a time). I've looked for a black-hole router, but didn't find any, but I enabled the black-hole router detection anyway - no difference. I've looked in the SMTP logs, and I think I found the entries from a particular message that was received only once in the user's mailbox, but 3 times at the Blackberry. This message wa...

Set Discount limit
Dear All, I would like to set discount limit for cashiers in RMS POS, (15%) for example. Thanks in advance, Ibrahim Zubair I would like to have that option as well, but (as far as I know) it's not possible in RMS 2.0 "Ibrahim Zubair" <IbrahimZubair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A5693D5-A4D3-4EF0-AD76-67E1BAF7CD95@microsoft.com... > Dear All, > > I would like to set discount limit for cashiers in RMS POS, (15%) for > example. > > Thanks in advance, > > Ibrahim Zubair ...

page settings in Business Portal
We have a customer who wants to print the time sheet in landscape (page orientation); currently there are two ways of achieving it: 1. Change the printer settings (Control Panel > Printers and Faxes > Select printer; right click and choose properties > Printing preferences of General Tab > Advance tab). This would set the printer to the desired page orientation size; however, all documents that will be printed on the said printer will use the settings made. 2. On the Business Portal page go to File > Page Setup; choose the page orientation and size desired. The effect ...

VBA setting range in another sheet
I want to save the value in tab="Database" to a variable. But I don't want to activate the sheet everytime, since this seems to slow things down a lot. So originally I was writing: Sheets("Database").select X = Range("F4").Value But is there another way to set X=Range F4, without selecting the sheet? Thanks Good man! X = Sheets("Database").Range("F4").Value -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B1425DE-B4AB-4D81-8D...

How do I set a custom page size in Excel
I have the US version of MS Office 2003, but I'm now living in Japan where they use metric size papers. This is fine if I want to use B5/A4/A5 size paper, but what I'm looking for is B4 or A1 or some of those other sized papers. Why won't Excel let me set custom page size dimensions since it doesn't have a preset for these sizes? Ben, I usually set my current printer to one that has the paper siz required, then the sheet size is simply selected from there. Ben Swift Wrote: > I have the US version of MS Office 2003, but I'm now living in Japa > where > the...

e-mail through access
i have been searching the internet for two hrs now and i am really confused with what i have to do. i have a table with all my clients' email addresses. my goal is to send separate email with pdf attachment to each customer separately (not like bcc). i assume i have to create a form with message subject, message body, etc. then i need a "sendemailtoall" command button. could someone help me? i am using office 2003. See whether Arvin Meyer's EmailSenate2K sample at http://www.datastrat.com/DataStrat2.html is what you need. If not, check the Microsoft Ac...

Using a spread sheet for e-mail addresses
I have a large number of e-mail addresses in a spread sheet column. Is there a way to copy the e-mail addresses into the To box (bcc) of an outgoing e-mail without first installing them in my contacts folder? Thanks, Len Urban Save the column as a text file, open the file in Word or your favorite text editor, replace all the line endings with semicolons, and paste it all into the BCC field. -Peter "Len Urban" <lturban@verizon.net> wrote in message news:hgVph.373$9B6.212@trnddc07... >I have a large number of e-mail addresses in a spread sheet column. Is >ther...

Viewing E-Mail Strings
I have many messages that i send, answered back by the receiver, send back to the receiver, and so on. I would like to be able to sort my inbox by these strings so I can print out the final e-mail that contains all the back and forths but also be able to delete out all the prior ones that already are contained in the final e-mail. I also keep track of e-mail receipts and reads and would also like to see those in the time line if possible. I receive many e-mails that contain the same subject line but are different conversations so sorting by that field is not useful. I'm o...

Can anyone tell me how to do a mail merge from Excel?
I have loaded 388 entries and now cannot figure out how to print to labels. Some have told me I had to copy and export from Word, but I don't understand how to do that. Help! BJS, If you Google "Mail Merge from Excel to Word" you will get lots of sites that will give you a step by step with screen captures. huber57 "BJS" wrote: > I have loaded 388 entries and now cannot figure out how to print to labels. > Some have told me I had to copy and export from Word, but I don't understand > how to do that. Help! Saved from a previ...

Permanently deleting mail from deleted items folder?
Any one found a way of permanently deleting obvious junk mail from deleted items folder yet or is there any Knowledge Base article on it yet beyond the one which say that this facility in Office or Outlook doesn't work properly? Generally, emptying the Deleted Items folder permanently deletes the contents. I'm curious, which KB article are you referring to that "say that this facility in Office or Outlook doesn't work properly"? Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-DTS -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fi...

How do I get Outlook2003 to open folders when new mail arrives?
Outlook 2003 / ms Exchange 2007 Hi How do I get Outlook2003 to open folders when new mail arrives? Background: I have just changed my profile so that we now use Ms Exchange(2007) with our Outlook(2003). In my previous profile (which used .PST files), when new mail arrives in a folder (having been placed there by a rule), Outlook would automatically open each folder when it puts new emails into that folder. This would mean that previously I could see at a glance where new emails have arrived (because the foldername has gone bold, with the number of unread emails also showing in brackets). ...

Addressing an Outlook e-mail with account e-mail address.
Hi. How can I to address an e-mail in outlook retrieving the recipient address from the account (or contact) ? (I don't want to use the send mail button in the account form, I want to use outlook ) Thanks Sebastiano. Hola Sebastiano I got the same question regarding using a MSCRM contact adress list in Sales for Outlook. It's not provided by design. Steffen "Sebastiano Castrini" <castrini(remove)@libero.it> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:OMNPEooMEHA.1388@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi. > > How can I to address an e-mail in outlook retrieving the recipient ad...

Clicking links in e-mails takes forever to open
Using Outlook 2003, SP3. IE7 as default browser (IE7 pro installed). When I click links in e-mails the browser takes about 20 seconds to open. I have a new computer with 2 GB RAM and lots of empty HDD space. Regards, -- Lars Forslin "Doing time on earth" ************************** I and others I know are seeing this as well. Sometimes links take as long as a couple minutes to open. "Lars Forslin" <lars.privat_nospamdevice@monarda_nospamdevice.se> wrote in message news:u3Gy2FuxIHA.4268@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Using Outlook 2003, SP3. IE7 as default b...

Tracking mail
Hello all.... I'm using Exchange 2003, on Windows Server 2003. Is there a way I can track any mail that went to a particulra domain? For example, I want to see if anyone sent mail to anyone in the xyz.com domain. Thank you. Ed Enable message tracking. This is done on a per-server basis. In Exchange System Manager, go to the properties of your server and check the message tracking boxes. I'd recommend also to allow Exchange to remove log files after a certain date - how long you keep them is really up to you. The other thing that you can do, which will allow a bit more ...

Still cannot recieve mail.
I am using a windows live account, I am trying to set up windows mail to connect to that account. I am now able to send I just can't receive. I get this error message. Account: 'Personal ', Server: 'POP3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR command not implemented', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 -- Ms. Victoria Morales Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not = enabled.=20 --=2...

Routing e-mails from Public Folder to CRM
Is it possible to route e-mails, comming to the Mail Enabled Public Folder to some Queue in CRM? Jevgenij There is a link to an article I wrote relating to this issue on my blog. You can go to http://ts2community.com/blogs/larrylentz/archive/2006/08/13/1684.aspx and look for the 'here' link at the end of the posting. "Jevgenij Martynenko" <jm@no-spam.e-idea.lt> wrote in message news:20C033B7-D0D3-49AA-AFCC-E8BD56224FE3@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to route e-mails, comming to the Mail Enabled Public Folder > to some Queue in CRM? > > Jevgenij...

Send/Receive isn't transmitting e-mails from pop3 server
As far as I can trace, I downloaded XP SP2 and since then Outlook no longer can receive files from my pop3 server set-up. I removed XP SP2 and I still have the problem. I click on send/receive, it shows everything to work but e-mails are remaining on my internet e-mail server and not being transferred to Outlook. It was all working a few days ago.... Any advice? "Outlook 2000 SR-1 & Windows XP - Send/Receive" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:259401c4a996$dc144140$a301280a@phx.gbl... > As far as I can trace, I downloaded XP SP2 and si...

How do i set another cursor in OnNcHitTest ?
I have a control that could be called a "TreeViewListViewBastard" and is basically a TreeView with added list-View capabilities. I use the NC-Area to draw the Listview-like buttons (report-mode), but they are no CWnd, they just loke like buttons. The setting of the cursor does *not* work, so please tell me what i shall do. my OnNcHitTest() looks like this //----------------------------------------------------------------------------- UINT CQTreeCtrl::OnNcHitTest(CPoint point) { // the following two lines do some kind of // "ScreenToNCClient()", m_ncOffset was // comp...

Set specified dimensions for web ad
I need to create a 3.5 x 3.5 web ad with these requested dimensions: 252 pixels at 72 dpi x 252 pixels at 72 dpi. I can get the 252 pixel square, but I'm having trouble with the 72 dpi. The ad will contain an image that I can currently only get down to 96 dpi by using the "Change Picture" button. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!!! Whitney wrote: > I need to create a 3.5 x 3.5 web ad with these requested dimensions: 252 > pixels at 72 dpi x 252 pixels at 72 dpi. I can get the 252 pixel square, but > I'm having trouble with the 72 dpi. The ad wil...

Forwarding E-Mail to an external e-mail address
Hell I have recently installed a new Exchange Server 2003 machine and I have it both sending and receiving e-mail just fine. However when I create a rule in a users web-client or outlook to forward all mail to an outside e-mail address eq. jsmith@company.net instead of username alone the forward doesn't take place. I have tried to send mail to the address in the forward by simply composing a message and that works fine and so does setting a forward pointiing to a local account on the system If anyone has any idea why this may be happening I would love to know... Robin: 1. I am not sur...

Set report criteria in code?
Is it possible to set a reports criteria in code? I am trying to use Stephen Lebans report-to-pdf tool, which uses the report as a parameter. I need to specify a criteria for the report, like I do when I open the report for printing: DoCmd.OpenReport strReportName, acViewNormal, , strReportParam I don't see how to set report criteria in the report-to-pdf tool, but if I can set the criteria before I use the tool, that should work. Thanks in advance for any help. Fred I haven't used Stephens solution but you can always use a little DAO code to dynamically change...

mail error
There is someone trying to send email to a person set up to my exchange server, but a NDR is generated with an error saying that my exchange server closes the SMTP connection from the person sending the email. I will paste the error log below, can someone look at this and tell me why my server is bloking email from this person by closing the connection. Thank you in advance Thomas > --- Session Transcript --- > Mon 2004-08-16 10:44:05: Parsing Message <xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\pd50000224527.msg> > Mon 2004-08-16 10:44:05: From: someone@OtherDomain.com > Mon 2004-08-16 ...