Draft View Text Settings ?

Arial text in Windows Live Mail incorrectly displays as Times - anyone know
how to change it so that it displays the correct typeface (Arial) ?  I can't
find anything relevant in WLM 'help'   TIA

Regards,

Dave.

0
David

Are you using Stationery?

--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP- Windows Live Mail

"David Purdy"  wrote in message

Arial text in Windows Live Mail incorrectly displays as Times - anyone know
how to change it so that it displays the correct typeface (Arial) ?  I can't
find anything relevant in WLM 'help'   TIA

Regards,

Dave.

0
Ron
6/30/2010 10:57:56 AM
I assume you're talking about what you see when composing a plain text message.
The new Wave 4 beta of Windows Live Mail always uses 8 pt Times Roman for that.
It's a known bug that will be corrected in the next release.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"David Purdy"  wrote in message news:uHV5ErCGLHA.5472@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

Arial text in Windows Live Mail incorrectly displays as Times - anyone know
how to change it so that it displays the correct typeface (Arial) ?  I can't
find anything relevant in WLM 'help'   TIA

Regards,

Dave.

0
Gary
6/30/2010 2:34:23 PM
Ron,

No (not that I'm aware of).

Regards,

Dave.

"Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> wrote in message
> Are you using Stationery?
>
> --
> Ron Sommer
> MS MVP- Windows Live Mail
>
> "David Purdy"  wrote in message
>
> Arial text in Windows Live Mail incorrectly displays as Times - anyone
> know
> how to change it so that it displays the correct typeface (Arial) ?  I
> can't
> find anything relevant in WLM 'help'   TIA
>
> Regards,
>
> Dave.

0
David
7/1/2010 11:22:25 AM
Gary - many thanks ...

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
> I assume you're talking about what you see when composing a plain text
> message.
> The new Wave 4 beta of Windows Live Mail always uses 8 pt Times Roman for
> that.
> It's a known bug that will be corrected in the next release.
>
> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>

> "David Purdy"  wrote in message
>
> Arial text in Windows Live Mail incorrectly displays as Times - anyone
> know
> how to change it so that it displays the correct typeface (Arial) ?  I
> can't
> find anything relevant in WLM 'help'   TIA
>
> Regards,
>
> Dave.

0
David
7/1/2010 11:23:59 AM
You're very welcome, David.

"David Purdy"  wrote in message news:eLpxq$QGLHA.1016@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...

Gary - many thanks ...

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
> I assume you're talking about what you see when composing a plain text message.
> The new Wave 4 beta of Windows Live Mail always uses 8 pt Times Roman for that.
> It's a known bug that will be corrected in the next release.
>
> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>

> "David Purdy"  wrote in message news:uHV5ErCGLHA.5472@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>
> Arial text in Windows Live Mail incorrectly displays as Times - anyone know
> how to change it so that it displays the correct typeface (Arial) ?  I can't
> find anything relevant in WLM 'help'   TIA
>
> Regards,
>
> Dave.

0
Gary

What UAC default setting if W2k8 join AD (assuming GPO not yet been configured in AD)
Dear all, Could you please tell me, after Win server 2008 joined AD domain, what is the default setting for UAC ? ( gpedit.msc >> Computer Configuration >> Windows Settings >>Security >> Local Policy >> Security Options .. look for UAC setting) My current Windows Server 2008 UAC setting, before join AD domain, http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4971/20091114sfwin2008uacset.png I would like to know if after join domain the default setting for UAC ? assuming the AD environment is has not yet configured the GPO policies. Thank you in advance. Hell...

Line and text box move by themselves
(Excel 2000) I regularly add horizontal lines and text boxes to charts, using the Draw tool. When I return to the charts some time later I find that both the line and the box have "slipped" lower down the chart. They can even end up below the x-axis. This happens all the time on some charts. but on others the line and text box appear properly fixed. So far as I am aware I am not doing anything different with them. Is there a cure for this or is it a program defect? Any assistance gratefully received. If you use data series for lines and labels, they will remain anchored...

Setting up a spreadsheet
Hello, I need helPPPPPPP. I am trying to setup a spreadsheet with the following format and I am not sure how to in put the calculations. Here is what I have design by hand. 1. Monthly Assessment | Parking | Total Due 2. Previous Balance 3. Prepaid Amount 4. Balance 5. Paid 6. Late Fee 7. Other Charges 8. Credit Balance 9. Past Due Balance Thanks for any direction and assist you may be able to render. Thanks, Shannon :-) Thanks for the reply, Basically what I am saying is how would I create a automatic formula for each of the listed items. For example for the fir...

making a 'soft' letterhead and want to lock elements but allow text entry
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC I have to make an e-letterhead, essentially a template/form with all the common elements such as logo, address and footer all locked in place, but allowing anyone to enter text eg: write a letter but not allow them to be able to move the common stuff so the corporate look and style is preserved. <br> Have tried to find a way to lock down three pieces - an image, a text box and another text box but no luck, any ideas? thanks everyone for any help. Frankly, every time in my corporate experience when it was tr...

How do I set up a private session with a webcam?
I want to be able to use my webcam to talk to my daughter stationed in Italy. She has a webcam also. How do I go about doing this? Outlook doesn't have any webcam functions; you might want to try using MSN Messenger for this. http://messenger.msn.com/ -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "alwaysewing" wrote: > I want to be able to use my webcam to talk to my daughter stationed in Italy. > She has a webcam also. How do I go about doin...

How to insert new pop3 settings in curent user outlook environment via script or command line?
I have environment of 5000 + computers & I need to set up additional pop3 acces on users environment.. I have tool that reads custom data & I want to assign pop3server, login, snmp server data as new account in curent user environment, since my tool operates via command line I would like to use some script that can do such job. Targeted version is ooutlook 2003 Regards. "Ram Demon" <globalmapleplayer@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23Ro6ciuoJHA.6132@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I have environment of 5000 + computers & I need to set up additional pop...

can't set up online services for downloading account information
I have Microsoft Money 2002 and have been able to download my account information for several credit cards without using the "Set up online services" function, but Discover Card requires use of that function to initiate downloads. Bu whenever I try to do that for any credit card I get a window briefly saying that Microsoft is downloading information from my financial institution, but then I get an error message: "Money cannot complete a required online call at this time. Please check your Internet connection settings and try again." I have a broadband DSL connect...

Pasting text
I am trying to create a formula dictionary for general use in our department. When I copy syntax and try to paste it into my Excel row, it pastes it but it pastes each line as a separate row. I tried pasting special, I tried copying it to Word first and then copying it in, I tried copying it to Notepad first and then copying it in. None of those seemed to work. Every time I tried pasting it, it created new rows underneath where I want to paste it for each line of the syntax. Any suggestions... Thanks. wnfisba If you're doing this one cell at a time, just paste into the formula ba...

add numbers but ignore text
I think I posted this but I can't find it anywhere so here goes again: A1 displays "Week 1". I want B1 to display "Week 2" using a formula. I learn how to use Excel by fiddling around and posting here but this is somewhat inefficient. Besides taking classes, what's the best route to take? Books? Online? Thanks ahead of time. This is a very common problem. You want to do math on cells containing both text and numbers. Select your cells and pull-down: Format > Cells > Number > Custom and enter "Week "General The cell will show Week 1,...

Custom settings now working
I am having problems with the custom security settings. I installed the security administrative package and followed Microsoft's documentation. However, I am still getting the Outlook notification whenever I try to use CDO. I am not an Outlook admin so I am having a rough time trying to debug this. What are some things I can look at to try to resolve this issue. I noticed that when I go to Outlook and go the Outlook 10 Security Settings under public folders I see the form under that folder. Is this correct? My set up is Exchange 2000, Outlook 2003. Have you checked to make sure th...

Toolbar Items reverting to the Default Settings
I have been unable to find an answer to this problem for more than a year, and thought maybe someone on this newsgroup would be able to tell me what to do about my problem!! I have certain "custom" settings that I like on my Outlook toolbars, and for some unexplained reason, sometimes several times in the same day, the settings I custom designed disappear, and I'm back to the Default settings. Is there something I can do to prevent this from happening?? EADIE Silverberg eadies@bigfoot.com ...

The ability to set the naming convention for EFT files.
Some banks have limits on the length of the file name that can be submitted for EFT. With the new naming convention the file names are all to long. Can you devise a method for setting the namin converntion. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www....

How do I change the text color of a PDF documents?
How do I change the text color of a PDF documents. The text shows up blue automatically and there is no option to change it to other colors. It is a PDF Foxit Reader 2.2. When I print it, it shows up as grey color. Not anything that Office has control over. Mybe use a different PDF reader. TLC_RN wrote: > How do I change the text color of a PDF documents. The text shows up blue > automatically and there is no option to change it to other colors. It is a > PDF Foxit Reader 2.2. When I print it, it shows up as grey color. You can't edit a .pdf in any of the Off...

text box #error 03-17-08
I am having a problem with a report, i keep getting this "#error" I have a report that runs off a query that brings back a list of people who have received a nomination for recognition and part of that I have included a text box that states whether or not that person has recieved any "ecards". This is sorted by month. If in a given month, someone has received a nomination and an "ecard" it works fine. If someone has received a nomination, but no "ecard" it stills works fine. If someone has not received a nomination, the report comes up empty like ...

How to set schedule task?
When I set task based on schedule, it requests to input the passwords, but I don't set any password on my XP with SP3, and the task cannot be performed. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to set task without passwords? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6396742-7F6D-424A-A203-6677F0F97A4F@microsoft.com... > When I set task based on schedule, it requests to input the passwords, but > I > don't set any password on my XP with SP3, and the task cannot be > performed. ...

Integration Site Enabler
Integration Site Enabler access is granted to users and they are able to access Integration Manager with no issues. However, later in the day or even a few days later, the user no longer has access and it is unmarked in the Security window. This happens on a regular basis and is not an isolated incident. The users access a terminal server via remote desktop, roaming profiles are not used, and it is not isolated to any one user. Thanks! ------=_NextPart_0001_431DD987 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Nola You can use use a number of methods to track this. 1) ...

Strip out part of a text field
Hi, I have a text field on my form where I scan barcodes from incoming packages. What I need is a code that will count the number of digits of the number scanned from the bar code. In this case all the digits are numeric. If the number of digits are 32 then it should strip out the first 16 and the last 4 digits and display the remaining 4 digits in another field called TrackingNumber. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200708/1 Here's some psuedocode: If len([text field]) = 32 then [TrackingNumber] = right([text fie...

how do I change the default setting of the "TO" on e-mails?
When doing an e-mail and I click the "to" it defaults my selection to "contact. How do I change the default to "Global Address List"? Tools, Address book, Tools, Options. mikie v wrote: > When doing an e-mail and I click the "to" it defaults my selection to "contact. > How do I change the default to "Global Address List"? ...

How do I get text to continue from one text box to another on pag
I am working on a course catalog. I have text boxes on each page and need the text to flow from one page to another. How do I do this? Some pages are already doing it. I have taken over a previous catalog to update. Thanks:) What version Publisher? This article shows you graphically how to link text boxes, it is a 2003 Office article but the principle is the same in most all versions of Publisher. About connecting text boxes http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP030717461033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsof...

Adding Text To A Column
Hello, Last one for today; I promise. I have a long column of numbers, such as: 456 567 321 784 etc. The worksheet is formatted as .csv Is there any easy way to convert this column to: 456 MHz 567 MHz 321 MHz etc. And, would they (still) be interpreted as numbers, or would it now go a text format (automatically) ? Thanks for the help, Bob Hi Bob If you want it to stay numbers, do a custom formating ###" MHz" or if you want text, you can do it this way assuming you data starts in A1 in the other cells put =A1&"MHz" and copy down. HTH John "Bob" <rg...

Text box missing
Hi All, i havea simple question here... I am hoping anyway... I have a text box on a form which displays the concatenation of First and Surname, =[FirstName] & " " & [Surname] This is all fine, however, i have a button which creates a letter from the contact on the same form, when Word opens up and puts on the details on the word document and i return to the application the text box with the name disappears, however when i put my mouse over it it reappears. There is no event procedure on Lost or got focus or mouse over etc. truly bizarre. Any ideas?? Thanks ...

List box
This is probably very simple. I have a list box (using control toolbox) in a work sheet and I want to specify that every time the workbook is opened that the first item on the list box is always selected Thanks Brian Activesheet.Listbox1.ListIndex = 0 -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32B7340F-05C9-47B5-B275-3FCFEBB2FDE6@microsoft.com... > This is probably very simple. > > I have a list box (using control toolbox) in a work sheet and I want to > specify ...

Cut/Past Currency is Text
I have cut and pasted some data into excel from a web page. It sorts out the columns just fine. However one of the columns is a list of currencies but Excel it treating it like text. Each cell has a leading � and a couple of trailing blanks. As it is text I am unable to sum etc. Is there some way to simply overcome this... Many thanks, Roy Hi Roy! Select the column of data and use: Data > Text to Columns Check fixed width Next Insert a divide after the currency symbol Next Finish You can then delete the first column. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@...

templates and pulling addresses from a text file
most grateful for any help... I work for a company in which we have three distinct regions - europe, asia, america. we have blanket notifications for three three regions in which we have to send a chain of three e-mails to a unique group of e-mail addresses for each region - a notification, update and resolution. each region has a unique set of e-mail addresses to send this to. the three lists are of around 200 addresses each. i have the e-mail lists in unique text files, separated so that i can cut and paste from notepad and dump the addresses straight into the 'bcc' fi...

text control suggestions
Hi all, I hope this question isn't OT in this group. I'm looking for a good text control to edit full-text database records. It should support hyperlinks, preferably tables and pictures and it should be able to contain a lot of text(100 MB will do). We are currently using TX Textcontrol, but that doesn't meet our requirements (it cannot hold more than 22k of data within a table). I've been searching the web, but can't find any good alternatives. Anyone here who can suggest a nice control? Thanks in advance. Kind regards, Ruben. "Ruben van Engelenburg" <r...