Do i have to use an HOTMAIL account for Windows Live Mail?

I'm so frustrated! I just got a new website for my business and I am trying
to set up my e-mails through windows live but it keeps sending me errors. I
am inputting all my information as the guy told me to but it still isnt
working. Apparently my e-mail will work in OUTLOOK though. Can anyone tell me
if i have to use an hotmail account or if i can use my own such as
nicole@gmpearson.ca

Please post the error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to
highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP [Mail]

"Nik" <Nik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm so frustrated! I just got a new website for my business and I am
> trying
> to set up my e-mails through windows live but it keeps sending me
> errors. I
> am inputting all my information as the guy told me to but it still isnt
> working. Apparently my e-mail will work in OUTLOOK though. Can anyone
> tell me
> if i have to use an hotmail account or if i can use my own such as
> nicole@gmpearson.ca

0
Bruce
1/5/2010 6:11:21 PM
A hotmail account is not requires to use Windows Live Mail

For an email account to function in WLM your web site account it must =
support pop3 or imap.

--=20
....winston
 MS-MVP[Mail]

"Nik" <Nik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> I'm so frustrated! I just got a new website for my business and I am =
trying
> to set up my e-mails through windows live but it keeps sending me =
errors. I
> am inputting all my information as the guy told me to but it still =
isnt
> working. Apparently my e-mail will work in OUTLOOK though. Can anyone =
tell me
> if i have to use an hotmail account or if i can use my own such as
> nicole@gmpearson.ca=20

0
winston
1/5/2010 6:28:19 PM
You don't need to use hotmail. By the sounds of things you are trying to
hook into your works email which I will assume to be Exchange.
Exchange supports IMAP which is compatible with WL Mail however most
businesses will have their exchange servers behind firewalls and you may not
have access to it directly from outside your corporate network.  Also the
IMAP features on Exchange are not configured out of the box, so this is
something that your IT dept would have to do to allow you to use WL Mail
with it.

Colin Brown
WL MVP

"Nik" <Nik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm so frustrated! I just got a new website for my business and I am
> trying
> to set up my e-mails through windows live but it keeps sending me errors.
> am inputting all my information as the guy told me to but it still isnt
> working. Apparently my e-mail will work in OUTLOOK though. Can anyone tell
> me
> if i have to use an hotmail account or if i can use my own such as
> nicole@gmpearson.ca

0
Colin

Watch Accounts
I've set up a watch account to use as a model for an investing strategy I'd like to try. In doing so, I want to be able to track theoretical purchases and sales of individual stocks. I want to track sales and realized gains on my Account Summary window, so I've customized my view to do that. After entering a purchase, the stock shows up just fine on my account summary, but after I sell all shares, it no longer shows up so I'm not able to track realized gains. How can I get Money to continue to display the stocks I no longer "own" in my watch account? a w...

Window Redirection?

Money and Windows Mobile 5.0 Devices
I've got a new Windows Mobile 5.0 device and have found that the PPC Money client for Money 2005 will not sync to it. From http://www.microsoft.com/money/MoneyForHandHeldDevices.mspx it appears Money 2004-6 will not sync but it doesn't mention anything about Money 2007...but I can't find a Windows Mobile Client for 2007. Is there anyway to get any version of Money to sync to a Windows Mobile 5.0 device? Thanks, Don Not at present, except by using third party software such as SPB Finance/ -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org See http://money.mvps.or...

attaching child ClistCtrl window to resizable parent Dialog
I'm using Visual C++ 7.0 and MFC With the Wizard, I created a Dialog Window [which I made resizable]. I've place two ClistCtrls side by side on the top of the dialog. I'd like to attach the RHS of the rightmost ctrl to the parent dialog so that when I resize the dialog, the listctrl expands. Note that I don't explicitly create the listctrls - this ia all behind the scene. I only send an initial message to each: m_ConfCtrlList.SendMessage(LVM_SETEXTENDEDLISTVIEWSTYLE,0, LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT|LVS_REPORT|LVS_EX_GRIDLINES ); Thanks, Ihor VC++ doesn't not...

Connecting to domain on SBS 2003 after windows xp sp3 repair
I'm having a problem with a computer at work. The computer is a dell optiplex gx270 it runs windows xp pro sp3. It is part of the office domain. A few days ago there was a problem shutting it down cleanly. As a result the person just hit the power button to shut the pc off. After that when the computer started it would boot and go through the windows start up but would when you tried to hit ctrl-alt-del to log in nothing would happen. There was absolutely no way to log on. I tried doing a manual rollback of the registry to a few days before the initial incident but that didn't ...

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

Using mouse wheel in VB editor

Couldn't Find c:\windows\system32\system.mdw Message
Loaded Access 97 on my new Vista Machine and got the above message when I tried to start Access. How do I fix this ? Vista has more stringent rules about who, and how you can write to the System32 (or Windows for that matter) folder. If you have another machine with and unsecured system.mdw file try to copy it to your new one. If it lets you, you are fine, if not you'll need to work with someone in a Vista newsgroup to figure out what the problem is. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "JWalker" <JWalker...

Windows Server 2008 R2 04-09-10

Converting Opportunity to Account

OLK 2k7

Setting up a new e-mail account

Replying to an Outlook e-mail

Archiving Projects in Project Accounting
Has anyone found a way to archive closed projects? Thanks. ...

Use exchange from a trusted domain

How Use ShellExecute with a CMemFile