detect and delete duplicates messages

A computer virus somehow attacked just ONE of my email accounts on just ONE
of my computers. It downloaded every message that was on my server, not just
once but four times. I now have 6,780 messages as "unread" and 4,935 as
"unread from contacts" on my main computer. It would be easy enough to delete
all of them, but I had been on travel (home computer turned on so I could
access it remotely). I did in fact receive and read SOME of the messages on
my netbook but can't be sure and can't go through 11,000 messages on my main
computer, plus those on my netbook, to verify. Does anyone know of any
program that could help? I found one that was supposed to detect duplicates
in WLM but the messages it selected were not true duplicates; they were
simply sent by the same person on the same day.

Thank you.
Jo

Resource message
I am getting a meassage in the resource sheet that sais "this resource should be levered based on a Day to Day setting"- what does that mean and what should i do? -- Petra Petra, You probably assigned this resource on 2 tasks running in parallel. So you have to level the workload of that resource: Tools / Level resource... Hope this helps, G�rard Ducouret "petra b�ckstr�m" <petrabckstrm@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: F72B886E-0ED5-4C3F-BFFD-EED239626E98@microsoft.com... >I am getting a meassage in the resource s...

outlook 2007 no message in preview pane
outlook 2007, the preview pane does not show any messages, sometimes there is just one alphabetical character, or there is just one character not always the same, i.e.. � �, sometimes there are none. -- Ride safe. Barry Sunny Ocala FL http://home.att.net/~b.lockyer/index.htm ...

outlook 2003 random messages disappearing
Hi Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003 SP2 on back end. Messages are disappearing at random, no pattern, nothing in common between these and no rules or archiving involved... I am starting to pull my hair out... Any tips would be great. Thanks Dave ...

Error message #4.4.7
Hi, I get a lot of the following delivery error messages from our Exchange2003 system: Message could not be delivered to following address ??? @???.??? <skh2003.skh.fi #4.4.7>. Yet the address is valid and can be reached from another mail domain. Can somebody please help? Matti Matti, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;256321 this details the most common ndr codes, 4.4.7 is stated as being "Delivery Time Expired" Simon "Matti Makela" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:113301c3fb84$f9882590$a401280a@phx....

Recovery of Sharepoint site after deletion
Anyone has any suggestion how we can recover an accidentally deleted EPM Sharepoint site? We have a system back for the day prior to the deletion. ...

unable to delete pop3 email
Hi, Our office uses a combination of Outlook 2003 and 2007, and while we have an Exchange server, too, several users share some POP3 mailboxes that are hosted off-site. When we originally set this up, I wanted to make sure that every user received every message, even if they were on vacation or out of the office for a while. So each copy of Outlook is set to "Leave a copy of messages on the server" and "Remove from server after 14 days", and I thought that would be the end of it. Earlier this week, one of the users told me she'd gotten a complaint that her associate...

Deleting row with specific value
Could some kind soul please advise syntex (macro)for deleting a row if first 3 character of a cell contains "FST" I have some value in column "H" which contains value FST,FST1,FST2 and so on. What i want to do is that if first 3 chracters in column "H" has a value "FST" then i want to delete that row. Thanks in advance Regards Jed try sorting and then deleting. Record a macro if desired. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Jed" <vinod.jethwa@selex-sas.com> wrote in message news:43c65ba5$1_1@glkas0286.greenl...

How to delete text when it only appears in print review Publisher
I have a hidden x that can't be seen to delete it in publisher. It is visable in print review and prints out on paper How to find and remove it Maybe it is on the background. In Publisher 2000 and below, view, background, newer Publisher, view Master page. Do you have the picture detail selected? View, pictures, detailed display. Try selecting sections of the publication, it might become active. Is it a crop mark? If all fails, send the file to me, I'd like to see what is going on... Remove "my" to reply. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvp...

Removing mail recived confirmation message
how to remove a recived mail confirmation message to outside incoming e-mail ...

OE suddenly not downloading messages
Hi all, Two days ago, my OE6 stopped downloading messages. This never happened before, and the following is the error message I keep receiving, and which I have no idea how to fix: The server responded with an error. Account: 'nsit- imap.uchicago.edu', Server: 'nsit-imap.uchicago.edu', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: 'Cannot find valid popper exec', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90 any help? thanks, Yossi Hi - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Inter...

Deleting email in Outlook Express
I just start getting a pop up window when I delete a email message in Outlook Express. It asks if I really want to delete it "Yes or No" How do I stop the pop up? Larry What folder are you in? You should only see that if in Deleted Items, or doing a Shift | Delete. (Or if you are deleting a user created folder). -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Larry Mahlik" <pnlmahlik@netzero.net> wrote in message news:eigzNT3yKHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I just start getting a pop up window when I delete a...

Delete data from one column only
I have a table with 8 columns lets say (A-H) there is data in these columns consisting of 128+ rows. All I need to do is delete the information in column "A" only while keeping the data stored in columns ( B-H). I would like to do this by adding a button on the form is possible. Thank you First things first ... BACKUP! Now, create a new query in which you update the value of that field/column (by the way, Access is NOT a spreadsheet -- you'll want to stop thinking about "columns A-H"!). You can add a command button to your form that runs that update query. No...

Messenger no longer opens message window
When a Messenger contact is offline, I right click and select Send Email. In the past, a new message window would open for me to write the message. Outlook opens if it was closed, but the new message window doesn't; if Outlook was already opened, its icon in the system tray blinks, but a new message window does not open. I should point out that this started happening after I downloaded Mozilla Thunderbird, another mail program, and used it for a few days. I have since uninstalled it and returned to Outlook. I am having another, likely related problem. I have downloaded Mozilla Firefox br...

Error sending messages on Windows Mail
Have NOT been able to send emails from my Windows Mail account. Error message is as follows -- Unknown error has occurred - Server: smtpauth.earthlink.net Protocol: SMTP" Server response - '503STARTTLS command used when not advertised Port: 587 Secure (SSL): Yes Server Error #0x800CCC65 (this was for an outgoing message directed to a third party) I tried to send a message to my own email account and the Error Message was exactly the same, EXCEPT that the final line of the Error Message said - Server Error #0x800CCC90 I get error message numberox800ccc19 I wond...

Any way to delete a user?
I have installed a few users into our CRM1.2 setup, and I would like to remove them, one has a license attached which I cannot remove through the CRM GUI or Manager. Is there any way to delete these old users? Thanks Mark I think just remove that License from that particular user and you will be able to make use of it onto another user later on should you wish. I believe you cann't delete the users because there would be history tied behind them and hence not allowing you the option of deleteing. Regards Fakhruddin "Mark Chaplin" <mark@discgotech.com> wrote in messag...

Exchange
We're looking for a tool that would allow us to run a report to see who hasn't read a particular email message. Obviously we can create an email and choose the read receipt option, but when sending an email to a very large group of recipients keeping track of the read receipts to know who hasn't read the message becomes very prohibitive. Is there some way or some sort of reporting tool out there either for use directly in Exchange or in Outlook that would allow us to run a report or something similar against an email message that would detail which of the recipients haven&...

0x8004210a error message when downloading email
i have a client (i am a computer consultant) who is using sbc dsl. she has two sbcglobal.net email addresses that have been added to outlook 2003. about every 4th time she checks her email, she gets the following error message: " Reported error 0x8004210A. The operations timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message contact your server administrator or Internet service provider ISP." she is using a brand new dell latitude d810 notebook running windows xp home edition. She has both a wireless and wired connection (she...

How do I remove a .PST file from Outlook2003... that has already been physically deleted... COMPLETELY?!
Microsoft Outlook2003 (Upgrade version - from Outlook2000) Hi I cant get MS Outlook to 'forget' a .PST file! Background I have been moving .PST files around and have even managed to upgrade my my mailbox.pst file to the new Outlook2003 format. I thus have a whole new ..PST file into which I have dragged all my emails (using Control/drag for some mysterious reason but it seemed to work!). My new .PST file which is called "Personal_Folders.pst" is the default file for everything. But when I came to let go of the old mailbox.pst file, which shows up as "My Personal Fo...

Block incoming messages for a certain user
I have what I think is a relatively simple problem, but don't know how to do it. I would like to block all incoming mail to a specific email address, with a list of exceptions that are allowed to send. Here's the situation: I have a young daughter that I'd like to give an Exchange account to. However, I'd like to block all but select addresses, but only for her account. Everyone else on the server should be unaffected. I'd like to do this on the Exchange server rather than in the client, since blocking it in Outlook, for example, would still show it in OWA. Ideally w...

pictures in HTML message are displayed as attachment not inline?
Whenever I send meassege in HTML format and having inline pictures these pictures are displayed as attachment and not inline on recieving end? What is the problem and how to resolve it. ...

To field is blank when a message is sent and saved to sent items
I have a user who recently was upgraded to Outlook 2003 for Outlook 2002. He has a third party app that sends out legal documents. What it does is compose the email and put the attachments in it and puts the messages in his draft folder. He reviews them and sends them out. Since going to Outlook 2003 the emails are in his Sent Items but the TO field is blank. When they were in his draft folder the TO field had the email address in it. if you bring up the email and click on resend it shows the email address in the TO field. My question is what would cause the email address to be hidden or disa...

Duplicate check customization
I have found this solution as CRM can't check for duplicates when a user creates a new record:- http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms913697.aspx But it is for CRM 1.0. I have changed the URL and field names but I cannot get it working for CRM 3.0. I couldn't see a way using workflow either. Has someone come up with a solution? Andrew. Hi, There is duplication checking sample code in SDK(you get sample along with SDK). There are on save event which call web service to check the duplicate entry. /Aamir Hi Aamir, I need this "duplication checking sample code "...

opening an excel file opens a duplicate file of the same file
i have an excel file that when i open it it opens another duplicate file of the same name with a (2) at the end of it.. if i edit one it updates the second.. how can i tell it to not open another duplicate file? It's actually opening a second window into the single workbook. Select the window you don't want to see and hit ctrl-w. Then save the workbook (or you'll be doing it again when you reopen the workbook). skm wrote: > > i have an excel file that when i open it it opens another duplicate file of > the same name with a (2) at the end of it.. if i edit one it upd...

Can't delete scheduled bill payment
I have an upcoming bill payment for natural gas heating for Nov 23/2003. Since I've paid before the due date of this account, when entering the the bill particulars, Money 2001 did not recognize this as an upcoming bill. When I went to skip this months transaction so as not to have two occurences in the same month, the upcoming bill remains as pending. I tried changing the bill payment to today, but receive an error "Cannot edit transaction". I tried deleting that bill account to rebuild the scheduled bill information and I cannot delete it. I also get an error message saying &...

Out of office message OLXP
I can't find the out of office feature and I also can't create an email template using word. I thought I used to be able this in OL2K but in XP I can't figure it out. HHHEEEELLLPPP!!!! Out og office is under the menu tools/out of office assistant >-----Original Message----- >I can't find the out of office feature and I also can't create an email >template using word. I thought I used to be able this in OL2K but in XP I >can't figure it out. HHHEEEELLLPPP!!!! > > >. > No, its not. Not on mine or my friends. That's my problem. Than...