Deleting Sign-In?

I'd like to delete my Windows Live account and revert to using WLMail as a
standalone without a sign-in or access to the account features.  But Windows
Live warns that if I delete I will lose my contacts, etc.  Can I safely
delete my sign-in and still preserve my contacts, messages, and identities?

"Export" all contacts and messages to a CSV file and store on your hard
drive before taking any such action to ensure you are backed up.  WLM
doesn't support "identities".

"Art" <Art@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'd like to delete my Windows Live account and revert to using WLMail as a
> standalone without a sign-in or access to the account features.  But
> Windows
> Live warns that if I delete I will lose my contacts, etc.  Can I safely
> delete my sign-in and still preserve my contacts, messages, and
> identities?

0
slk759
12/1/2009 10:45:57 PM
Why do you need to delete?
Alt, Tools, Options, Connection, Stop signing in.
Messages are not a part of a Live ID.  They are stored under each email
account.

Login to contacts.live.com and export your contacts.
--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP-Mail

"Art" <Art@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'd like to delete my Windows Live account and revert to using WLMail as a
> standalone without a sign-in or access to the account features.  But
> Windows
> Live warns that if I delete I will lose my contacts, etc.  Can I safely
> delete my sign-in and still preserve my contacts, messages, and
> identities?

0
Ron
12/1/2009 11:43:29 PM
There are no identities in WLM

When using a Windows Live ID to sign in to Windows Live in WLM, the contacts created when using the Live ID are stored in a local
database for that specific Live ID. Each Live ID used to sign in to Windows Live has its own unique contacts database. All Live ID
contacts are also stored on the web. The web and local database sync with each Live ID sign on to ensure changes made in either
location are common.

If you stop signing in with the Live ID you will operate WLM in the default account(the Live ID contacts will not be available in
WLM)...you will have to import contacts or create them manually.
    - Note: Deleting a Live ID account in WLM does not delete the contacts for that Live ID from the web UI(contacts.live.com).

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Art" <Art@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A1F5258-4ABE-49E0-B638-1C13437F973F@microsoft.com...
> I'd like to delete my Windows Live account and revert to using WLMail as a
> standalone without a sign-in or access to the account features.  But Windows
> Live warns that if I delete I will lose my contacts, etc.  Can I safely
> delete my sign-in and still preserve my contacts, messages, and identities?

0
winston
12/2/2009 7:39:53 AM
Sorry--I meant "email accounts" instead of "identities."  Still not sure if
deleting my Sign-In Live account registration will erase these accounts and
all their contacts, messages, and settings in the standalone Windows Live
Mail that I started out with.

For those who wonder why any sane person would wish to terminate a Windows
Live account,  I don't make use of any Windows Live services/features except
email client, so there's no reason to store all my personal information
on-line.  I'm an Outlook Express "orphan" now using Windows 7 and I miss the
functionality and predictability of OE.  Thanks to all who replied.
Opting out of he sign-in process does absolutely nothing to your
mail accounts or emails.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

> Sorry--I meant "email accounts" instead of "identities."  Still not =
sure if=20
> deleting my Sign-In Live account registration will erase these =
accounts and=20
> all their contacts, messages, and settings in the standalone Windows =
Live=20
> Mail that I started out with. =20
>=20
> For those who wonder why any sane person would wish to terminate a =
Windows=20
> Live account,  I don't make use of any Windows Live services/features =
except=20
> email client, so there's no reason to store all my personal =
information=20
> on-line.  I'm an Outlook Express "orphan" now using Windows 7 and I =
miss the=20
> functionality and predictability of OE.  Thanks to all who replied.
0
Gary
12/2/2009 9:07:18 PM
If you were using that Live ID to sign on to WLM, see the prior post =
about Contacts...

The sign on with a Live ID does not have any significance regarding =
email accounts setup in WLM, the account settings,  or the=20
messages(sent/received past, present, or future).

--=20
....winston
 MS-MVP[Mail]

"Art" <Art@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> Sorry--I meant "email accounts" instead of "identities."  Still not =
sure if
> deleting my Sign-In Live account registration will erase these =
accounts and
> all their contacts, messages, and settings in the standalone Windows =
Live
> Mail that I started out with.
>
> For those who wonder why any sane person would wish to terminate a =
Windows
> Live account,  I don't make use of any Windows Live services/features =
except
> email client, so there's no reason to store all my personal =
information
> on-line.  I'm an Outlook Express "orphan" now using Windows 7 and I =
miss the
> functionality and predictability of OE.  Thanks to all who replied.=20

0
winston
12/3/2009 7:57:29 AM
On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 14:29:01 -0800, Art wrote:

> I'd like to delete my Windows Live account and revert to using WLMail as a
> standalone without a sign-in or access to the account features.  But Windows
> Live warns that if I delete I will lose my contacts, etc.  Can I safely
> delete my sign-in and still preserve my contacts, messages, and identities?

Um, no. It does not say anything about "losing" stuff. It just says, "If you
stop signing in, you'll stop synchronizing contacts and caledar events for
{%user@hotmail.com%}." Where {%user@hotmail.com%} is whatever Windows Live
ID you used in the first place.

To stop synchronizing is not to "lose" anything. Everything related to your
Windows Live ID remains on the Windows Live servers, whether you
synchronize, or not. But you won't have access to your Windows Live ID
contacts, because you won't be synchronizing with the online database.
Unless you export your Contacts from the online databases to a .csv file,
and import them into Windows Live Mail, which will create a local Contacts
database. But your online Contacts, and your local Contacts can become "out
of synch" if they are not synchronized by using a Windows Live ID to sign
in.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come

thank,

"Ron Sommer" wrote:

> Why do you need to delete?
> Alt, Tools, Options, Connection, Stop signing in.
> Messages are not a part of a Live ID.  They are stored under each email
> account.
>
> Login to contacts.live.com and export your contacts.
> --
> Ron Sommer
> MS MVP-Mail
>
> "Art" <Art@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'd like to delete my Windows Live account and revert to using WLMail as a
> > standalone without a sign-in or access to the account features.  But
> > Windows
> > Live warns that if I delete I will lose my contacts, etc.  Can I safely
> > delete my sign-in and still preserve my contacts, messages, and
> > identities?
>
> .

Adding or deleting an email account in WLM has nothing to do with signing in
to Live services (contacts, calendar, photo upload).
If you remove the account from WLM, you will not send or receive emails from
that account.  Removing the account from WLM does not remove the account
from the server.

In WLM, Alt + T, Options, Connection, Stop signing in.

"Ron Sommer" wrote:

> Why do you need to delete?
> Alt, Tools, Options, Connection, Stop signing in.
> Messages are not a part of a Live ID.  They are stored under each email
> account.
>
> Login to contacts.live.com and export your contacts.
> --
> Ron Sommer
> MS MVP-Mail
>
> "Art" <Art@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'd like to delete my Windows Live account and revert to using WLMail as
> > standalone without a sign-in or access to the account features.  But
> > Windows
> > Live warns that if I delete I will lose my contacts, etc.  Can I safely
> > delete my sign-in and still preserve my contacts, messages, and
> > identities?
>
> .

0
Ron
9/12/2010 5:15:06 PM
WLM Version 2011 Build 15.x

Alt F/Options/Mail/Connections
or
Alt F O M  then click Connections

....winston

"Ron Sommer" wrote:

> Why do you need to delete?
> Alt, Tools, Options, Connection, Stop signing in.
> Messages are not a part of a Live ID.  They are stored under each email
> account.
>
> Login to contacts.live.com and export your contacts.
> --
> Ron Sommer
> MS MVP-Mail
>
> "Art" <Art@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'd like to delete my Windows Live account and revert to using WLMail as a
> > standalone without a sign-in or access to the account features.  But
> > Windows
> > Live warns that if I delete I will lose my contacts, etc.  Can I safely
> > delete my sign-in and still preserve my contacts, messages, and
> > identities?
>
> .

0
winston
9/12/2010 6:17:11 PM
With Windows Live Mail open, press the Alt key to see the menu bar
that has Tools on it.

"Ron Sommer" wrote:

> Why do you need to delete?
> Alt, Tools, Options, Connection, Stop signing in.
> Messages are not a part of a Live ID.  They are stored under each =
email
> account.
>
> Login to contacts.live.com and export your contacts.
> --=20
> Ron Sommer
> MS MVP-Mail
>
> "Art" <Art@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'd like to delete my Windows Live account and revert to using =
WLMail as a
> > standalone without a sign-in or access to the account features.  But
> > Windows
> > Live warns that if I delete I will lose my contacts, etc.  Can I =
safely
> > delete my sign-in and still preserve my contacts, messages, and
> > identities?
>
> .
>=20

0
Gary

Want a Delete Statement
TableA id programid customerid 1 1 1 2 1 2 3 1 3 4 2 1 5 2 2 6 2 3 7 3 1 8 3 2 9 3 3 TableB programid customerid 1 1 2 2 I want to delete values in TableA where values do not match in TableB ex: for 1st row in TableB -- row no 2 and 3 in TableA should be deleted ex: for 2nd row in TableB -- row no 4, and 6 in TableA should be deleted Programid 3 in TableA will not be deleted. I want a Delete statement to join TableA an...

Problem deleting messages on Outlook
Am trying to delete messages in my Inbox. The delete button and 'Delete' function under the Edit are returning the error message --' the messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If problem persists, restart Outlook. I've restarted several times including a full system shutdown. Clear your Deleted Items folder and in case you are working with a pst-file also run Compact Now and scanpst.exe against it to check it for errors. Then try again. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create...

Audit Trail and Check Links caused SOP Invoices to be deleted
We had implemented audit trail for a client and it was running fine. We ran in to some performance issues when they tried to post 100+ invoices and we were auditing SOP10100 and SOP10200 so we decided to stop auditing those tables. Someone a couple hours tried to print a pick ticket and got the following error: A SAVE OPERATION ON TABLE 'SOP_HDR_WORK' (45) I went to the MS Knowledge base on partenrsource and found ArticleID 931648 CAUSE This problem occurs if a Sales Order Processing table contains damaged or duplicate records. RESOLUTION Run the Check Links procedure We ran it...

Delete query in another database
Is there any way to delete a query in another database other than the current database? Nan Hauser wrote: >Is there any way to delete a query in another database other than the current >database? That does not sound like a good approach to whatever you are trying to accomplish. For a Jet database, you can use code something like: Dim db As DAO.Database Dim qdf As DAO.Query Set db = OpenDatabase("full path to other database") db.QueryDefs.Delete "name of table" db.Close : set db = Nothing But there are nuances so be sure to check VBA He...

deleting related records
I have several subforms that are placed on tabs such that one subform is the only one ever on the first tab, and other subforms are selected for the second tab viewing based on the value of a control of the first tab's subform. I have a button on the first tab's subform that is intended to delete (quit, abandon) the entry. I have used two methods: DoCmd.RunSQL "DELETE [tbl 2 Job].* FROM [tbl 2 Job] Where [tbl 2 _ Job].InvNum = " & Me.InvNum DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSelectRecord DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdDeleteRecord Each successfully deletes the record and, check...

How to delete personal folders
Hi, I have personal folders configured. The PST files of the folder was delete intentionally. Now from within Outlook2003 (SP1 6353), I cannot remove the personal folders. When trying to click on I am getting: "The set of folders cannot be opened" - error I know that the PST files are missing, I need to remove the folders. Help will be most appreciate. Right click it and choose Close or go to File-> Data File Management... -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 --...

Sheet Retains Deleted Text Box Contents on HTML Export
My apologies if this situation has popped up before and been answered... I have an Excel 2002 workbook of some 15 worksheets. When I first created it, I used text boxes as footers -- each sheet was no longer than a page when printed, so one text box per worksheet was enough, and the use of text boxes allowed me to see the footer information without invoking the print preview. Later, I deleted all the text boxes and used the custom footer option instead. Recently, when saving those sheets as HTML files, I found that the data that had been in those text boxes was appearing in the HTML c...

Delete rows with specific text
Hi all, I have figured out how to use the replace feature to replace certain words or lines with others. My question is: Can this or any other feature be used to delete entire rows? For example, I have several rows to be deleted spread out over a worksheet that is hundreds of pages long. All of these rows begin with the word "press". Any suggestions? Thank you very much. -- Thanks, David Two options. 1. Can you sort your data? If so, sort based on the cell that begins with "press" then all of the rows you need to delete will be together and you can dele...

Outlook 2003 - Preview Pane
Hello - Have a strange behavior to find out about. Office 2003 and Outlook 2003 on an XP Pro machine with SP3. Has been working fine up to this past weekend when a power outage brought the machine down. The user left Outlook 2003 running when the power outage hit. We restarted and everything comes back. However... In reading his email, he uses his preview pane which appears. If he clicks "Delete" (the "X" at the top of menu bar), the message header element disappears into "Deleted Items" but the message preview stays on the supposedly delete...

Cannot delete the user in MS GP 9
Hi I've a problem in deleting user from a company 'XYZ' at the same time i can delete the same user by logging into the other company 'Fabrikam'. I'm using GP9.0 (English), MS SQL server 2000 SP4, The message is 'Message id '7465' does not exist' and Fails. Can some body help me in this issue. can any body reply to my request...It is critical.. -- GP Consultant "GP Consultant" wrote: > Hi > I've a problem in deleting user from a company 'XYZ' at the same time > i can delete the same user by logging into the other comp...

Deleting Autofill Email Address
I'd like to delete (or turn off) the email address autofill/auto complete feature in MS Outlook 2002. Many of the address are no longer used/no longer valid and it's a pain to have the bad address continually pop up when I'm trying to type a name in the "to" line. Ideally, I'd like to clear the addresses I now have and start anew. Thanks in advance. Remove individual addresses from the autocompletion cache by highlighting the entry when presented in the suggested names list (use your arrow key to migrate to the entry) and then hitting your Delete key before you t...

Hiding Dbase 111 Records Marked for Deletion
I will be linking several Dbase 111 Tables into a MS Access 2003 Table. Can records that are marked for deletion be hidden? I would add a field for Archive - Yes/No. Bring the data in separately and those marked as 'Delete' set the Archive to Yes. In your queries use criteria on the Archive field. -- Build a little, test a little. "nevw" wrote: > I will be linking several Dbase 111 Tables into a MS Access 2003 Table. > Can records that are marked for deletion be hidden? > ...

How do you delete a template in Publisher?
I'm using Microsoft Publisher 2003 and can't seem to be able to delete Templates which have been saved into the Template box. Help!! Navigate to this folder in Explorer C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates Elsa <Elsa @discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I'm using Microsoft Publisher 2003 and can't seem to be able to delete > Templates which have been saved into the Template box. Help!! Try typing this into the Start > Run dialog: %HOMEPATH%\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates then click OK. This is where Publish...

I have a message in my outbox I want to delete, it won't let me
Please tell me how to delete message in my outbox. The recipients are getting it 20-30 times and I cannot delete it. "Vicki" <Vicki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FDFBE5A8-D476-4F4E-9649-03EB20E3F2B8@microsoft.com... > Please tell me how to delete message in my outbox. The recipients are > getting it 20-30 times and I cannot delete it. Click File and check Work Offline. Close and then restart Outlook. Delete the message. Click File and uncheck Work Offline. If that doesn't work, try this: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/stuck...

Trap the delete transaction entry event
Hi All, Is there some way to trap the delete event in POS screen ? I need to do some db manipulation as soon as an entry is deleted from transaction screen in POS. I've gone through the customization guild and did not get any way out to handle this. Please help. Its very urgent. thanks ...

deleting resources 2003
For over a year, I've tried to delete user accounts from MS Project Server 2003 using both my own administrator account or a generic account. It worked 2 or 3 times, deleting one name at a time, but has failed ever since, giving the Request Status error 9600. I find other cries for help all over the web, but no one has ever given an answer. Is there NO ONE who understands why this happens? Along with this, I have tried PSCleaner. I can pull the lists of resources, but when I click the delete button, after a 60-90 second pause, I get the following message: Deleting the selected R...

CTreeCtrl / deleting selected item
All I have a CTreeCtrl with theTVS_SHOWSELALWAYS style. If the program deletes the item that is currently selected, I would like to disable the program from automatically selecting a different item (I would like there to be no selection at all in this case). Anyone any idea how this could be achieved ? Many thanks in advance! Sorry - already figured it out. before running ... treeCtrl.DeleteItem(itemh); I am just calling this ... if (treeCtrl.GetSelectedItem() == itemh) treeCtrl.SelectItem(NULL); ...

Bank Reconciliation-Selected Record Has Been Deleted by Another Us
I have a user where she has been receiving the message "Selected Record Has Been Deleted by Another User" while she is in the bank renconciliation window. I have been able to reproduce the issue but only at this client. If she is in the window and is scrolling up and down and she happens to pause for about 5 seconds or more over one row but never clicks on it, as soon as she does click on it she gets the message. The only way to continue is to leave the screen and start the reconciliation process over again. I have a copy of their data on my server and I cannot get it to do th...

Can't sign in with Passport in Money 2003
When signing on to Money 2003, I get an error message: "The sign in attempt for ... was unsuccessful. Please try your sign-in name and password again." I get it no matter how many times I try. I have Norton Internet Security loaded. I found that if I disable the firewall, it works just fine. I've searched everything in the Norton program to make sure everything in Money is allowed, but it still won't allow me to log on. Anyone have any ideas or similar problems? David I've had the same problem for 6 months.... after several hours with Microsoft tech..... no so...

Deleting the white edge around the background in color prints
Help..I make brochures for agents and there is always a white border when I put in a fill background. How can I delete it? The other problem is when I have two of the same document on one page, there is no white border in the center.. when I cut it so it does not look like a frame. If I must have a white border I'd like it even. Are you using your own printer versus a commercial printer for your brochure? The white space is your printer's limitation. If the right margin (landscaped) is .5 then in arrange, make all your margins .5. Open WordPad, file, page layout, input zero in...

Deleted messages reappear after restart
Hello, this is my problem: I'm using Outlook 2010. I have had this problem before with Outlook 2007 and it fixed itself after a few days, but now I don't know how to fix it. I am at the inbox, I delete a message, using the delete key or the X on the ribbon. The message disappears and appears in the deleted mail folder. No error message or anything. I can continue working with Outlook and the message stays deleted. Now I close Outlook and start it again. The message has disappeared from the deleted mail folder and is back in the inbox. I have run scanpst.exe and repaired t...

Anyone know a command to delete a folder?
I'm looking for a command to delete a folder such as: KILL S:\ENGQA\ACSvceng\Turnover\Data When I tried this the KILL command was looking for a file, and returned a "file not found" error. Does anyone know a command to delete a folder? Would RmDir work? -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. <Scott.McCoid@FedEx.com> wrote in message news:1181284937.788736.96350@e65g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > I'm looking for a command to dele...

Where does the deleted attachement in a Outlook Message go
I have a user who runs out of space in her mailbox so shes been deleting the attachements in her messages to reduce the space required. However the deleted attachments do not appear in the Deleted Items so she cannot recover them. Any idea where the deleted file goes in Outlook 2003? Thanks Laine9 Laine9@gmail.com <Laine9@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a user who runs out of space in her mailbox so shes been > deleting the attachements in her messages to reduce the space > required. However the deleted attachments do not appear in the > Deleted Items so she cannot recover ...

delete row if given cell = 'X'
Is there an easy way to do the above. Thanks much Carl "MSNews" <nf@no.com> wrote in message news:%23Fj6fBvPKHA.764@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is there an easy way to do the above. > > Thanks much > > Carl > I'm not an expert but use data filter to select the rows, select and delete them. Try it with a trial sheet first though! Peter Several ways 1. data>filter>autofilter>filter on the x>delete 2. a looping macro from the bottom up sub delifx() for i=cells(rows.count,"a").end(xlup).row to 2 step -1 if lcase(cells(i,&qu...

The item could not be deleted, it was either moved or already deleted, or access
The item could not be deleted, it was either moved or already deleted, or access was denied this is the error i recieve when i try to delete a message from the sent items that is stored on the server. The email can not be moved, or deleted, i even tried the hard delete. the message is obivously corrupted any ideas...please help ...