Deleting Sign-In?

I'd like to delete my Windows Live account and revert to using WLMail as a
standalone without a sign-in or access to the account features.  But Windows
Live warns that if I delete I will lose my contacts, etc.  Can I safely
delete my sign-in and still preserve my contacts, messages, and identities?

"Export" all contacts and messages to a CSV file and store on your hard
drive before taking any such action to ensure you are backed up.  WLM
doesn't support "identities".

"Art" <Art@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'd like to delete my Windows Live account and revert to using WLMail as a
> standalone without a sign-in or access to the account features.  But
> Windows
> Live warns that if I delete I will lose my contacts, etc.  Can I safely
> delete my sign-in and still preserve my contacts, messages, and
> identities?

0
slk759
12/1/2009 10:45:57 PM
Why do you need to delete?
Alt, Tools, Options, Connection, Stop signing in.
Messages are not a part of a Live ID.  They are stored under each email
account.

Login to contacts.live.com and export your contacts.
--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP-Mail

"Art" <Art@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'd like to delete my Windows Live account and revert to using WLMail as a
> standalone without a sign-in or access to the account features.  But
> Windows
> Live warns that if I delete I will lose my contacts, etc.  Can I safely
> delete my sign-in and still preserve my contacts, messages, and
> identities?

0
Ron
12/1/2009 11:43:29 PM
There are no identities in WLM

When using a Windows Live ID to sign in to Windows Live in WLM, the contacts created when using the Live ID are stored in a local
database for that specific Live ID. Each Live ID used to sign in to Windows Live has its own unique contacts database. All Live ID
contacts are also stored on the web. The web and local database sync with each Live ID sign on to ensure changes made in either
location are common.

If you stop signing in with the Live ID you will operate WLM in the default account(the Live ID contacts will not be available in
WLM)...you will have to import contacts or create them manually.
    - Note: Deleting a Live ID account in WLM does not delete the contacts for that Live ID from the web UI(contacts.live.com).

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Art" <Art@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A1F5258-4ABE-49E0-B638-1C13437F973F@microsoft.com...
> I'd like to delete my Windows Live account and revert to using WLMail as a
> standalone without a sign-in or access to the account features.  But Windows
> Live warns that if I delete I will lose my contacts, etc.  Can I safely
> delete my sign-in and still preserve my contacts, messages, and identities?

0
winston
12/2/2009 7:39:53 AM
Sorry--I meant "email accounts" instead of "identities."  Still not sure if
deleting my Sign-In Live account registration will erase these accounts and
all their contacts, messages, and settings in the standalone Windows Live
Mail that I started out with.

For those who wonder why any sane person would wish to terminate a Windows
Live account,  I don't make use of any Windows Live services/features except
email client, so there's no reason to store all my personal information
on-line.  I'm an Outlook Express "orphan" now using Windows 7 and I miss the
functionality and predictability of OE.  Thanks to all who replied.
Opting out of he sign-in process does absolutely nothing to your
mail accounts or emails.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

> Sorry--I meant "email accounts" instead of "identities."  Still not =
sure if=20
> deleting my Sign-In Live account registration will erase these =
accounts and=20
> all their contacts, messages, and settings in the standalone Windows =
Live=20
> Mail that I started out with. =20
>=20
> For those who wonder why any sane person would wish to terminate a =
Windows=20
> Live account,  I don't make use of any Windows Live services/features =
except=20
> email client, so there's no reason to store all my personal =
information=20
> on-line.  I'm an Outlook Express "orphan" now using Windows 7 and I =
miss the=20
> functionality and predictability of OE.  Thanks to all who replied.
0
Gary
12/2/2009 9:07:18 PM
If you were using that Live ID to sign on to WLM, see the prior post =
about Contacts...

The sign on with a Live ID does not have any significance regarding =
email accounts setup in WLM, the account settings,  or the=20
messages(sent/received past, present, or future).

--=20
....winston
 MS-MVP[Mail]

"Art" <Art@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> Sorry--I meant "email accounts" instead of "identities."  Still not =
sure if
> deleting my Sign-In Live account registration will erase these =
accounts and
> all their contacts, messages, and settings in the standalone Windows =
Live
> Mail that I started out with.
>
> For those who wonder why any sane person would wish to terminate a =
Windows
> Live account,  I don't make use of any Windows Live services/features =
except
> email client, so there's no reason to store all my personal =
information
> on-line.  I'm an Outlook Express "orphan" now using Windows 7 and I =
miss the
> functionality and predictability of OE.  Thanks to all who replied.=20

0
winston
12/3/2009 7:57:29 AM
On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 14:29:01 -0800, Art wrote:

> I'd like to delete my Windows Live account and revert to using WLMail as a
> standalone without a sign-in or access to the account features.  But Windows
> Live warns that if I delete I will lose my contacts, etc.  Can I safely
> delete my sign-in and still preserve my contacts, messages, and identities?

Um, no. It does not say anything about "losing" stuff. It just says, "If you
stop signing in, you'll stop synchronizing contacts and caledar events for
{%user@hotmail.com%}." Where {%user@hotmail.com%} is whatever Windows Live
ID you used in the first place.

To stop synchronizing is not to "lose" anything. Everything related to your
Windows Live ID remains on the Windows Live servers, whether you
synchronize, or not. But you won't have access to your Windows Live ID
contacts, because you won't be synchronizing with the online database.
Unless you export your Contacts from the online databases to a .csv file,
and import them into Windows Live Mail, which will create a local Contacts
database. But your online Contacts, and your local Contacts can become "out
of synch" if they are not synchronized by using a Windows Live ID to sign
in.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come

thank,

"Ron Sommer" wrote:

> Why do you need to delete?
> Alt, Tools, Options, Connection, Stop signing in.
> Messages are not a part of a Live ID.  They are stored under each email
> account.
>
> Login to contacts.live.com and export your contacts.
> --
> Ron Sommer
> MS MVP-Mail
>
> "Art" <Art@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'd like to delete my Windows Live account and revert to using WLMail as a
> > standalone without a sign-in or access to the account features.  But
> > Windows
> > Live warns that if I delete I will lose my contacts, etc.  Can I safely
> > delete my sign-in and still preserve my contacts, messages, and
> > identities?
>
> .

Adding or deleting an email account in WLM has nothing to do with signing in
to Live services (contacts, calendar, photo upload).
If you remove the account from WLM, you will not send or receive emails from
that account.  Removing the account from WLM does not remove the account
from the server.

In WLM, Alt + T, Options, Connection, Stop signing in.

"Ron Sommer" wrote:

> Why do you need to delete?
> Alt, Tools, Options, Connection, Stop signing in.
> Messages are not a part of a Live ID.  They are stored under each email
> account.
>
> Login to contacts.live.com and export your contacts.
> --
> Ron Sommer
> MS MVP-Mail
>
> "Art" <Art@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'd like to delete my Windows Live account and revert to using WLMail as
> > standalone without a sign-in or access to the account features.  But
> > Windows
> > Live warns that if I delete I will lose my contacts, etc.  Can I safely
> > delete my sign-in and still preserve my contacts, messages, and
> > identities?
>
> .

0
Ron
9/12/2010 5:15:06 PM
WLM Version 2011 Build 15.x

Alt F/Options/Mail/Connections
or
Alt F O M  then click Connections

....winston

"Ron Sommer" wrote:

> Why do you need to delete?
> Alt, Tools, Options, Connection, Stop signing in.
> Messages are not a part of a Live ID.  They are stored under each email
> account.
>
> Login to contacts.live.com and export your contacts.
> --
> Ron Sommer
> MS MVP-Mail
>
> "Art" <Art@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'd like to delete my Windows Live account and revert to using WLMail as a
> > standalone without a sign-in or access to the account features.  But
> > Windows
> > Live warns that if I delete I will lose my contacts, etc.  Can I safely
> > delete my sign-in and still preserve my contacts, messages, and
> > identities?
>
> .

0
winston
9/12/2010 6:17:11 PM
With Windows Live Mail open, press the Alt key to see the menu bar
that has Tools on it.

"Ron Sommer" wrote:

> Why do you need to delete?
> Alt, Tools, Options, Connection, Stop signing in.
> Messages are not a part of a Live ID.  They are stored under each =
email
> account.
>
> Login to contacts.live.com and export your contacts.
> --=20
> Ron Sommer
> MS MVP-Mail
>
> "Art" <Art@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'd like to delete my Windows Live account and revert to using =
WLMail as a
> > standalone without a sign-in or access to the account features.  But
> > Windows
> > Live warns that if I delete I will lose my contacts, etc.  Can I =
safely
> > delete my sign-in and still preserve my contacts, messages, and
> > identities?
>
> .
>=20

0
Gary

Deleted Subfolder
A subfolder from inbox was accidently deleted and it does not show up in the recover deleted items option, any ideas where did it evaporate? Thanks alot, Did you enable the reg hack to view Recovery Deleted Items for ALL folders? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "WILDPACKET" <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2512E426-9CA7-4B49-AD6E-E9B7405FFD1D@microsoft.com... >A subfolder from inbox was accidently deleted and it does not show up in >the >...

Delete In-Transit Transactions
We have several In-Transit transactions that were abandoned. Some are in Picked Status and a couple are in shipped status. The system will not let us delete the transactions. It seems ridiculous that there isn't a way to delete it. Can someone offer a solution to this problem. Thank you, Erin Hello Erin - Thank you for using Microsoft Discussion groups. My name is Andy and I will be assisting you today. I understand you have several In-Transit Transactions that weren't transferred completely. You would like to know how to clear these out. It appears the system thinks th...

Email Retention Policy /Mailbox Deletion policy interaction
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help with the following question: Our organisation is running Exchange 2000 with the following configuration : We retain deleted items/mailboxes for 30 days before they are purged from the system. We run a mailbox retention policy that auto-deletes mail older than 6 months. We want to know if mail that is deleted by the retention policy is retained for 30 days before being purged? Im of the opinion that the Mailbox Management process that enforces the retention policy bypasses the mail item/mailbox deletion settings set on the mailstores. We would like confirm...

Importing values w/trailing minus signs
XL97 & 2k For many years I've regularly imported downloaded (mainframe) files into XL and, where there were values with trailing minus signs, I used the Import Wizard to define the position as a separate column. I wrote a utility macro that flips the value. Recently someone mentioned that they accomplish this with the import wizard and I looked until I was blue in the face but cannot find it so I assume that-if this individual was correct-it is in a version newer than the one(s) I use (I didn't hear what version he was using). Is this correct, or am I indeed blind? -- Regards; R...

Unblock Delete Key
I must have changed a setting without knowing. All of a sudden I cannot delete a part of a document by highlighting it and simply pressing the delete key. The delete key does not work. Where do I rectify this setting please. In Word 2003, click on Tools | Options | Edit | check the "Typing replaces selection" box | OK. Probably on the big 'pizza' button in 2007, but I'm still avoiding using 2007 so not sure. -- Rae Drysdale "Y Fashions" wrote: > I must have changed a setting without knowing. All of a sudden I cannot > delete a part o...

outlook deleting online email not syncing
I have set outlook 2000 upto access my on line email however it moves everything from my web based email inbox to my outlook but doesnt leave a copy on the webbased email and so when I go onto the my email account all the emails have gone. How can I return all the emails from outlook and also stop outlook from transferring the mail rather than syncronising with it. Any help gladly received. "Fred Kruger" <FredKruger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF1E5543-C920-467D-BAA6-07BD335354EB@microsoft.com... >I have set outlook 2000 upto access my on line em...

Arrange deleted items by date deleted in Outlook 2002
Is there any way to set up a field in the "Deleted Items" folder that will allow you to sort by the date deleted? Thanks. DP My bad. Outlook 2000, not 2002. DP >-----Original Message----- >Is there any way to set up a field in the "Deleted Items" >folder that will allow you to sort by the date deleted? >Thanks. > >DP Um - the deleted items folder is for trash. Why do you keep trash beyond the end of your Outlook session? If you want to retain the mails prior to delete, create a folder for questionable items and move the mail there. Please realize...

Exchange deleting messages after 24 hours?
Hello: We are running Exchange Server 2003. One of my customers tells me that messages in her inbox disappear when she comes in the next day. She only sees messages from today. I dont see the messages via OWA either. She assures me that she did not delete the messages from her Inbox and they should be there. She is using Outlook 2003. I checked her rules, there are none. She is using an ost file. Any ideas? Thanks, Neil Look for a rogue System Policy in Exchange System Manager. Seems unlikely but give it a whirl. Nue "Neil" <neil@JAMMConsulting.com> wrote in messag...

Sign in name
Is it possible to change my net passport sign in name using MS Money 2000? I would recommend you disassociate the existing one from Money, restart MOney and then reassociate the new one. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money "Duane" <anonymous...

Deleting entities
Hi, When trying to remove entities (accounts) I get the message "The record cannot be deleted because it is associated with another record". I can't seem to find what it is related to. I have removed everything associated with the account. Is there an easy way to see why it can't be deleted? Thanks, Manso Ahhh, deleting the Account entity is NOT supported. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "manso" <manso@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OhJyvBw$FHA.216@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... Hi, When trying to remove entities (accounts) I get the message "...

Records are not deleted in the database
Hi everybody, today we noticed when we are deleting records in the web client, they stay in the database with the value 2 in the DeletionStateCode Column. I guess normally this is the markup for some sort of job or service to clean these records, but apparently this never happens. We have deployed Rollup Package 2 which should include a hotfix for this problem, but no luck. Can anyone point us in the right direction or is this a (huge) bug? Thanks Christian On Feb 3, 5:51=A0pm, CGuntsche <CGunts...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi everybody, > > today we noticed whe...

Getting error message when trying to delete email in Inbox
I get the following error message when I try to delete an email message in the Inbox: "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." I have tried restarting Outlook and rebooting my computer and I still get this message. Email is piling up in my Inbox because I cannot delete it. Any help on how to get around this problem would be much appreciated. ...

macro to delete multiple rows
I have recorded, then modified, the following macro, which unprotects the sheet, aks if you are sure you want to delete the row, deletes the current row, copies down a cell in column A that numbers the row, and protects the sheet. Works fine, but if the user wants to delete not only the current row, but multiple rows below it also, the macro must be repeated. How can I accomplish deleting multiple rows, as indicated by the user? For example, rows 18 thru 20, or 29 thru 33, etc, or of course, just the current row, with the message box prompting the user for the number of rows to delete. Thanks...

can the Purging of deleted items be prevented
I have multiple users that like to purge the items that are in the exchage server from outlook without thinking whethere they will need them in the future. My question is, Is there a way to configure or prevent the purge from outlook? Donald Miami, FL Do you have deleted items retention enabled on the server (and is that what they are purging)? You may be able to use group policy to remove the Recover deleted item menu from outlook to prevent them from using it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual ...

How do I recover deleted calendar event? Outlook 2007
I accidentally deleted a recurring event in outlook when syncing with my phone. Have tried looking online but could not find any relevent help. Mik If its not in the deleted items folder, you'll need to restore a backup copy as its deleted for good. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEAC...

delete in bulk
I have a mailbox with about 30,000 messages, all were generated by a program. I cant delete more than 4000 at a time according to exchange limitations. Is there anyway to delete all messages in a mailbox in one procedure? regards CR Delete the mail box and recreate it. They will be gone in a flash. "MSNews" wrote: > I have a mailbox with about 30,000 messages, all were generated by a > program. I cant delete more than 4000 at a time according to exchange > limitations. Is there anyway to delete all messages in a mailbox in one > procedure? > &...

delete open inventory transfer
What sql command would you use to delete only OPEN inventory transfer in HQ, but not effect closed or partial transfer? Thanks Dave HI DCR, run the below query to accomplish your task. delete from purchaseorderentrydetail where purchaseorderentryid in (select id from purchaseorderentry where purchaseorderid in (select id from purchaseorder where POType between 2 AND 5 and status=0)) delete from purchaseorderentry where purchaseorderid in (select id from purchaseorder where POType between 2 AND 5 and status=0) delete from purchaseorder where POType between 2 AND 5 and status=0 I also ...

Deleting Junk Mail #3
I have created rules to permanently delete some of the incoming junk mail but they do not always work and the mail finishes up in the junk mail folder. I understand the rules don't work on emails which are in html format. Messages in the junk mail folders are always converted automatically to plain text and if I run the rule on them they do get deleted! Is it possible to create a macro (or another rule) which would run the rule(s) to delete these messages once they are in the junk folder in plain text? If so, I would appreciate your help in creating one as I have no experience ...

Restore deleted sent email
Hi, We have a need to recover an email that was sent to external parties from a user's mailbox. We cannot find a copy in the user's mailbox. Can it be "dragged" out of the Information Store somehow? The email was sent 3 days ago and there is a full nightly backup taken. Exchange 5.5 SP3 Thnx Phil What is deleted item retention period , if its is more than 3 days then u can recover using exmerge utilit O build a recovery server and restore the DB and then the mailbox and exmerge the data into a pst file ----- Phil wrote: ---- Hi, We have a...

Deleted Address showing up
We are running exchange server 5.5 and are having a problem with deleted addresses. We have group distribution lists and when an email is sent to a particular group, the sender gets back an undeliverable message for an email address that has been deleted for over two months. I've checked everything! The group lists, the individual email recipients just to see if this old address is listed somewhere in there settings, but can't find it anywhere. I've double and triple checked the exchange server to see if I missed anything and can't seem to nail this one! Can anyone help?? ...

Deleting an account
I use Outlook Express 6. I can I delete an email account? Thanks! Connie ...

Outlook Express-The message could not be deleted
Will not let me delete certain messages - anyone??? Error message The message could not be deleted Christine <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Will not let me delete certain messages - anyone??? > Error message The message could not be deleted Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. Try emptying your Deleted Items folder and compacting your message store. -- Brian Tillman ...

Inbox gets deleted when i apply patch.
I was using Outlook 5.5 with windows 2000 service pack 2.0, when i upgraded to Outlook 6 with windows service pack 3.0 my INBOX vanished and the size of inbox.dbx was just a few kilobytes. Prior to that my INBOX size was 420 MB. I could never recover it. Again i had the same problem when i upgraded the Mc-Afee antivirus patch. And still i continue to face the same problem whenever i apply patches. Is it the problem with windows. Do we have any fixes for that (or) is that a problem with Mc-Afee Patch. Now i've written a rule that will redirect all the mails to a different fold...

How can I instantly delete emails? I get a strikethrough + purge

how to delete an attachment that was sent to ALL STAFF?
One of our HR staff accidentally sent a new Staff Member's offer letter out to the entire GAL as an attachment. Is there a way to delete this attachment from the Info Store so that user's can't open it and review this confidential Word Doc? Please email me ASAP if you know the solution at mmiller@ncpanet.org Thanks, -MM Exmerge is your friend here. There is an option to remove messages based on subject. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "MikeMaxim" <MikeMaxim@discu...