copy-paste emails don't work

How can I copy emails from a column in Microsoft Works database to paste
them into a new email in Windows Live mails ?

When I do this, it requires a ";" at the end of each email which is time
consuming to add.

How can I solve this problem ?

Thank you

0
philippe

You mean email addresses.
You should be able to do a global search and replace.
For example, if the addresses are currently separated by a space character
you can replace all occurrences of the space character by '[space][semicolon]'.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

wrote in message news:BD26E74A-3FCF-4594-8AA9-DD979A40FC77@microsoft.com...

How can I copy emails from a column in Microsoft Works database to paste
them into a new email in Windows Live mails ?

When I do this, it requires a ";" at the end of each email which is time
consuming to add.

How can I solve this problem ?

Thank you

0
Gary
6/19/2010 2:49:41 PM
Thank you.
It does not solve the problem.

When I copy 3 emails from column entitled "email" in my MS Works database
and then paste them in Windows Live mail in the "to" field, if I click on
"send", I have a notice that says that "no correspondance has been found". I
think Winbdows Live mails wants to search in the address book these emails
but they can't be there since they come from another program (Microsoft
Works).

What do you mean when you say > you can replace all occurrences of the space
character by '[space][semicolon]'. ?

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" <gary@NoMail.invalid> a �crit dans le message de
groupe de discussion : urFXl67DLHA.5500@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> You mean email addresses.
> You should be able to do a global search and replace.
> For example, if the addresses are currently separated by a space character
> you can replace all occurrences of the space character by
> '[space][semicolon]'.
>
> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>

> wrote in message
>

> How can I copy emails from a column in Microsoft Works database to paste
> them into a new email in Windows Live mails ?
>
> When I do this, it requires a ";" at the end of each email which is time
> consuming to add.
>
> How can I solve this problem ?
>
> Thank you

0
philippe
6/20/2010 6:15:04 PM
How do you know it does not solve the problem if you haven't
tried what I suggested?

Windows Live Mail requires multiple email addresses in the To field
to be separated by a semicolon. You are getting an error message because
you are not meeting that requirement. After pasting from Works, have
you inspected what is separating the email addresses in the To field?
Whatever that separating character is, it must be replaced by a semicolon.
This is where global search & replace comes into play. Instead of
having to manually edit each separating character, you can do so all
at once.
Search & Replace definition:
http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/S/search_and_replace.html

wrote in message news:OgjAFSKELHA.3344@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

Thank you.
It does not solve the problem.

When I copy 3 emails from column entitled "email" in my MS Works database
and then paste them in Windows Live mail in the "to" field, if I click on
"send", I have a notice that says that "no correspondance has been found". I
think Winbdows Live mails wants to search in the address book these emails
but they can't be there since they come from another program (Microsoft
Works).

What do you mean when you say > you can replace all occurrences of the space
character by '[space][semicolon]'. ?

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" <gary@NoMail.invalid> a �crit dans le message de
groupe de discussion : urFXl67DLHA.5500@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> You mean email addresses.
> You should be able to do a global search and replace.
> For example, if the addresses are currently separated by a space character
> you can replace all occurrences of the space character by '[space][semicolon]'.
>
> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>

> wrote in message news:BD26E74A-3FCF-4594-8AA9-DD979A40FC77@microsoft.com...
>

> How can I copy emails from a column in Microsoft Works database to paste
> them into a new email in Windows Live mails ?
>
> When I do this, it requires a ";" at the end of each email which is time
> consuming to add.
>
> How can I solve this problem ?
>
> Thank you

0
Gary

Copying an HBITMAP to a CDC Virtual Window
CDC m_memDC; // virtual window device context HBITMAP hbitmap; ...

OpenEvent() doesnt work
Hi, I am having problem with OpenEvent(). I have 2 applications, in which, one is creating a named event with CreateEvent() call, and registers for call back functino for that event. The another application opens the named event, and signals it. It works fine when I execute the .exe directly from console. But, If i scheduled the .exe with Task scheduler, the task get triggered, but my OpenEvent() failed, and GetLastError() returns ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND. I ensure there is no race condition between the calls CreateEvent() and OpenEvent(). Also, I scheduled the task with the same acc...

save emails
When I have to save my emails from outlook express I always have to export those to Outlook and than copy the file inside \\\\\Local Settings\Microsoft\Outlook. When I'm done. Reload Windows. Copy the Outlook file back. Open Outlook Express and import messages from Outlook. Does anyone know a better way to do this ? Can I copy straight from Outlook Express to a file ? Any help will be appreciated. File-> Save As... or Drag & Drop the message out of Outlook Express into an Explorer window Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Int...

Microsoft Word 2004 Mac, data mergeing with File Maker Pro 7 does not work
I have to do a mail merge. I would like to use MS Word 2004 for the Mac, and File Maker Pro 7 as the data source. But it does not nork. It has it on the list of items to use in MS Word, but Word can not find File Maker Pro 7 documents. Appreciate any suggestions. In article <BDE1BECC.13E8%dolrac@nikotel.com>, Carlo Desimoni <dolrac@nikotel.com> wrote: > I have to do a mail merge. I would like to use MS Word 2004 for the Mac, and > File Maker Pro 7 as the data source. But it does not nork. It has it on the > list of items to use in MS Word, but Word can not find File Ma...

Outlook Rules
I have a rule that moves emails from 'bob@random.rnd' * to another folder. But my rule does not cope when the email comes in like "H.R.Department@random.rnd on behalf of bob@random.rnd" then the rule does not work anymore. How can I write a rule to cope with this sort of annoying email? * Email address has been changed to protect privacy ...

Form editing not working properly in Visual Studio 2005
Hello, I recently converted my Visual C++ .NET 2003 project (using MFC) to Visual Studio 2005. I got some compiler errors, which I corrected, however one problem still remains.... When I select a control on the form and try to click Add Variable, it is grayed out, and for some reason it asks me to create a new class. Any suggestions? Sincerely, James Simpson Straightway Technologies Inc. Are either the .h or .cpp file of your handler code read only. That would cause this behavior. You may want to delete the .ncb file and have it rebuilt as well. Tom "James Simpson" &...

Outlook 07'
Help! We are running Windows XP SP3. We are in the process of moving from Office 2003 to 2007 (2010 is not an option - don't ask!). I can't seem to find a way to send Outlook 2007 e-mail through our company's proxy servers. Unfortunately, we are wedded to Lotus Notes 7.0.1 which is also a sore spot. With Outlook 2003 there was a download that allowed us to sync with Lotus Notes and send our e-mails. Much to my dismay I understand that this usefull little add-on is no longer available. Is there any other way to make it past the Proxy Server so that I can at lea...

Recovery of (shift-)deleted emails ?
Ten minutes ago I shift-deleted my entire inbox in outlook xp.. (accidently hit the end key before shift-deleting a spam email .. grr) The other day, however, I noticed that the pst file still is the same size after I emptied my (huge) deleted items folder.. This leaves me with a little hope that -maybe- my inbox is still there, somewhere in that pst file, even though it went straight from the inbox to shift-delete heaven. My setup: Win XP Pro / Office XP / Outlook 2002 (norwegian versions) I'm not on an exchange server or anything. just a plain home computer. Anyone? Any help if MUCH a...

Auto Accept Agent working, but having trouble with customresponset
Running exchange 2003 I tried making changes to autoaccept.config.xml with word 2003 (using the XML Schema AutoAccept.config.xsd) and also tried making changes with wordpad. In the XML file there are no errors and everything looks fine from word. I restarted the Auto Accept service and unregistered and registered the mailboxes. I get the accept or deny message fine, but none of the CustomResponseText. Here's what I have in the xml file: <CustomResponseText>Test</CustomResponseText> Any ideas? Thanks, Corey I've never used this, but it looks interesting. Mak...

Action for specified User (sales Manager) after email Campaign
Hi, i've started experimenting with workflows, but results are not inspiring The question/problem, i dont no how to generate the following workflow Please help: I'm using a German version of CRM 3.0 i'll translate steps as accurate as possible I create a simple workflow: 1.) I create an Bulkemail via Campaign (based on a marketinglist) 2.) After press the Send button the Workflow should generate an action (outgoing Telefone call ) 3) 50% of these calls should be assigned to User 1; the other 50% should be assigned to another user thank you in advance max ...

email addy with permanant subject line
Is it possible in oultook 2003 to seup one email address with a permanant subject line using contacts or? I would like the following to be the subject for all email using one email address; %FlashGet% -dl URL thanks Bob Leanin' Cedar <Nospam@nospam.org> wrote: > Is it possible in oultook 2003 to seup one email address with a > permanant subject line using contacts or? > > I would like the following to be the subject for all email using one > email address; > %FlashGet% -dl URL You could create a draft message with the recipient and subject you want. -- ...

Difficulty viewing emails
When I try to open an email, this is the error message I recieve: OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module OUTLLIB.DLL at 018f:3a456262. Registers: EAX=00000000 CS=018f EIP=3a456262 EFLGS=00010202 EBX=00000005 SS=0197 ESP=0056fcec EBP=0056fcfc ECX=0056fd04 DS=0197 ESI=006a4280 FS=1967 EDX=00000006 ES=0197 EDI=006a21b0 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: ff 10 85 c0 7c 07 8b c6 5e 5d c2 04 00 33 c0 eb Stack dump: 006a4280 3a456278 0056fd04 006a21b0 0056fd18 3a44aa03 01766a4c 00000000 006a21b0 00000001 00000000 0056fd3c 3a48d32b 01766a4c 00000000 006a21b0 Can anyone help me? Shann -----------...

Copy and past ... and maintain all formats including column widths

help installing microsoft works
i have tried to install microsoft works 3 times! every time, after i'm done installing it i try to use it and this pops up "works cannot display the end user license agreement which must be displayed and accepted before you can use works. to display the agreement please reinstall works. please help me! thanks ...

Email Tracking
Hello, I've just got all the emails in and out being tracked perfectly with the exchange router installed where it matches an email address on a contact or account. The question is - where do all the emails go that it can't match to an account or contact? They are all deleted from the crm drop mailbox I can see that, but there are some concerns from my company that potentially senstive emails might be flaoting around in the CRM for anyone to access. That said - I can't find them anywhere! Thanks, Stephen Hi, Open CRM in browser . Click on activities and chose the follow...

External email to public folders bouncing, internal working ok in Exchange 2003
Hi, Very strange problem. All our public folders were working correctly however after a great deal of moving and re-structuring external email addresses can no longer email the public folder addresses. Internally all public folder can be emailed. Public folders that were not moved yesterday are ok Newly created mail enabled public folders are ok Mail enabled public folders that were moved yesterday no longer work! We are completely lost so any help would be greatly appreciated. We are completely up to date with Service packs and Hotfixes. Kind Regards Oliver. Olly Portingale wrote:...

setting to have email saved on Exchange server instead of PST
Hi, In Outlook 2007, is there a setting to have all the email saved to an Exchange Server rather than to a PST file? Thanks Steve Set the default delivery location to the exchange acct in tools, account settings. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access this newsgroup by visiting http://w...

Intelligent Mail filter not working
Hello, I installed the IMF on a new 2003 SP1 Exchange Server. After the latest updates, it appears to have stopped working. How can I debug this? Any help would be appreciated. Bob On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 11:36:08 -0700, "robsmith" <robsmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I installed the IMF on a new 2003 SP1 Exchange Server. > >After the latest updates, it appears to have stopped working. > >How can I debug this? > >Any help would be appreciated. > >Bob Double check that it's still filtering "yes" on the SMTP...

RDP incoming not working on Server 2003
I have a server running Server 2003 Standard which has been running just fine for some time but this week a new problem has arisen. I cannot establish an RDP session with it, no remote system on its subnet can even make an initial RDP connection at all. On the server itself, I can RDP out to any PC on the subnet with no problem. I've also looked all through the Event Logs and there are no errors at all that have anything to do with this or at the times I've tried to connect from a remote PC. I checked over and over to make sure Remote Connections are allowed in My ...

How to set Page Layout View as default when composing new eMail message?
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2003 (German) with MS Office Word as my E-Mail Editor. When composing a new eMail message, default view is always "Normal". I would like it to be "Page Layout" (or "Print Layout" in some Word version, I guess). I tried serveral things, from changing different templates (email.dot, normal.dot, mail.oft) to changing the Form for messages. But I didn't find a way to change the view here, because it's in Outlook style, not Word. And I didn't find any setting in Word for it. How can I change the default View? And which templ...

Receiving emails
When some people send me emails the emails they send do not come threw, but it shows me a new inbow message in an old email I received. Example, I received an email on 11/16/2009 opened and read it did not delete it. On 1/25/2010 some one sent me an email instead of that message coming threw it shows the message sent on 11/16/2009 as new and I never recieve the new message. Why is this? "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB2C174B-023C-4B32-992B-9CDAE09C628C@microsoft.com... > When some people send me emails the emails they send ...

email router setup fails
When I try to setup email router I get the below error. --------------------------------------------------------- One or more of the microsoft CRM servers that you listed is invalid or you do not have administrative priveleges on the server. Make sure that all servers are running properly and try again. --------------------------------------------------------- I have logged in as an admin. Any soultion to this will be appreciated. Regards, Nithin.R ...

not able to send or receive emails
I have an exchange 5.5 server and if I send an email from my yahoo account to the account on the exchange server, i receive "Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for alias@company.com. Anyone have a solution for this, it was working fine yesterday. ...

Sending Email without my consent
Hi All, Sometimes I have only one email on outbox to send but in progress bar appear 2 or more. Is it possible that Outlook be sent email without my consent? TIA Sergio It may be sending a Read Receipt. "Sergio Luis Martins" <sergioluis@uol.com.br> wrote in message news:uXPTiI9FFHA.3472@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > Sometimes I have only one email on outbox to send but in progress bar > appear > 2 or more. Is it possible that Outlook be sent email without my consent? > > TIA > > Sergio > > Hi Robert Crayk, > It may be sen...

How do I copy a date from excel to a outlook calender?
I am looking to produce a spreadsheet with various amounts of data on. One of the bits of data will be appointment dates. Can Excel, (or any other database) update outlook appointments with either little on no user intervention? If so, how? ...