Contacts when working offline

I use the latest version of WLM on Windows 7.

I am finding the following behaviour:

If I have WLM set to "sign in" my contacts are always available.
If I set WLM to "stop signing in" my contacts don't show.
However if I set WLM to "sign in" and then cancel out at the password
prompt, my contacts are again available even though I haven't actually
signed in.

I quite often compose emails when I don't have any internet access.
Therefore, it is useful to have my contacts available offline.
It just seems messy to sign-in but cancel at the password prompt if I want
to see my contacts when working offline.

Is this behaviour normal?

Regards
Dennis

0
Dennis

Yes...that's another quirk of WLM's programming and a nice bit of detective work on your part :)

Until one clicks 'Stop Signing in' on Tools/Options/Connections one will continue to have access to the contacts for the last Live
ID signed on.

This can be verified if previously signed on with a Live ID without password remembered, by opening WLM, clicking Cancel to the
prompt to sign on then going to Tools/Options/Connections/Stop Signing In....the resultant dialog box will inform you that 'you'll
stop synchronizing contacts and calendar events for <last Live ID used>.

Afaik...it's the only way of making your Live ID contacts available to the default account(no sign on)...and also provides the
ability to have one set of Live ID contacts in WLM and another set of contacts in WLMsgr(different Live ID than the last used in
WLM).

Is it normal ?  My guess has always been no.

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Dennis" <abc@def.com> wrote in message news:ulY3VO0uKHA.4908@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> I use the latest version of WLM on Windows 7.
>
> I am finding the following behaviour:
>
> If I have WLM set to "sign in" my contacts are always available.
> If I set WLM to "stop signing in" my contacts don't show.
> However if I set WLM to "sign in" and then cancel out at the password prompt, my contacts are again available even though I
> haven't actually signed in.
>
> I quite often compose emails when I don't have any internet access. Therefore, it is useful to have my contacts available
> offline.
> It just seems messy to sign-in but cancel at the password prompt if I want to see my contacts when working offline.
>
> Is this behaviour normal?
>
> Regards
> Dennis

0
winston

eseutil /p didnt work
Hi! I was trying to do an information store restore because it got corrupted due to unexpected shutdown. I ran eseutil /p and defragmenter right after. But when I check for database integrity using isinteg, I got an error. What do I do knowing that this process didn't work? Im using windows 2003 and exchange 2003. Unfortunately the backup i have is not credible. Thank you. On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 05:53:04 -0700, "Arthus Lim" <ArthusLim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi! I was trying to do an information store restore because it got corrupted >due to unex...

visual basic has stopped working error message
I hope this is the discussion group for VB6. I have a vb6 project with crystal report 8.5. In the program once i click on RDC to open a report in design view I got this "Visual basic has stopped working" message comes up and I have to closed out visual basic. It always happens when I tried to open the report designer. I can run or compile the program fine without opening reports. My computer is vista home with SP2. Any suggestions? "Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7F6B7C3-A847-43EF-A1C5-B300428EDC68@microsoft.com.....

Excel No Longer Working
Ok. This one has me stumped. I have adding the compatibility pack to systems in my office with no problem, until yesterday. Added the pack to an Office 2003 Pro system. Everything works great except for Excel. Now when we start excel it acts like it is trying to do an initial setup, then says it needs the disc. I put the disc in, but it will not find the CAB file. Weirder than that is every time I retry it the CAB designation changes. I have tried to do a repair and the same thing happens. I have tried a reinstall and the same thing happens. Anyone have ANY ideas???? I don't know...

Lookup Outlook Contact does not work
Hello everyone, I have Outlook 2007 with configured MAPI e-mail account for corporate Kerio MailServer 6. My contact folder is included into Outlook Address Book however: - Lookup Outlook Contact does not work; - contact picture is not show for incoming messages; - way Outlook displays From field differs from specified in corresponding Outlook contact. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Regards, Shahin Musayev You are using the Kerio Outlook Connector? Have you checked their support site? Does the connector add it's own address book to outlook? Do you see your Cont...

Outlook has stopped working #3
I am not at all knowledgeable about this so I am hoping you will have patience with me as I learn. Thanks in advance. I tried to get into my mail yesterday and it would not open. Hesitated for a couple of minutes and then shut down and a box came up. I am going to type what was in the box in hopes someone can help me understand it: Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. Errors have been detected in the file. C:\Users\Teresa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst. Quit Outlook and all mail-enabled applications, an...

multiple email addresses for contact
Is there any way to modify the email address field to allow multiple email addresses for one contact? Thanks hello, you can add custom attributes to the entity contact, so you can, for example, create fields like "new_email2", "new_email3" and show them on the contact form. "lynn" wrote: > Is there any way to modify the email address field to allow multiple email > addresses for one contact? > > Thanks But can you then select that email address for "To"? This seems also to be an issue with Spouse Email and Personal Email, built in...

Summing values where one is #Error doesn't work
I have a raw_data table (originating from an external source and pasted regularly into Access). I have a normalised_query query based on raw_data and doing 'stuff' including converting a text column to a number column. Where this conversion fails (<1% of cases) the column in the query contains #Error. I now want to run another query which includes a sum of that column, but because the value #Error appears in one of the rows, the sum fails. What's the simplest way around this? How are you converting the text to number? You might try something like: IIF(isnumeric([you...

Why can't Microsoft ever make a software that "Works"?
What is so great about this version of Office'2003???? Why did they have come out with a software that is worse than its old version? Outlook always invariably has problems in connecting to IMAP/SMTP servers. When outlook express can do it better. I am not able to change the layout of the print out to Landscape. I was happy with the old one, can Microsoft take my new software back and pay me the money????? I think in trying to pack with more features, MS is forgetting that the software is expected to do what it basically meant to. Repack your Office software. Return it to th...

Show Names drop down box not working
I recently graduated to Office 2003 and I'm having a problem I don't know how to get around. I want to send this email to a large number of people, so I want to select several names from one of my contacts folders. But it won't let me. Here are the steps I'm going through: From the Mail Screen, New, To, then I want to click on the "Show Names from the" drop down box, but it won't let me. When I click on the drop down arrow, nothing happens. I have used Outlook in its various versions for years and have always used this feature. These files were imported fr...

Some poor slob installed Ubuntu. Needs to run line commands to get that piece of crap to work
I installed ubuntu 9.10 and it was rebooting just before the login screen. After really long search it turned out it's the video driver, I guess the one coming with ubuntu didn't like my card. I have integrated Radeon HD3200. What worked for me: 1. Select recovery mode from grub menu (in your case for 9.10 too) 2. In the first following screen select "root with networking" to have internet 3. Install video driver package EnvyNG with: sudo apt-get install envyng-core envyng-qt <==================== line commands to get sucky Ubuntu to work. Oops. 4. Run i...

product key not working with new computer
Setting up new computer and the product key code is not being recognized. I have installed everything else with no problems. When I got to ABOUT in the program the product id is blank. This is an upgrade version but I've installed Expression Web from upgrade version with no trouble. Is this a Publisher question or EW question? Expression is not a "upgrade" by the normal definition of "upgrade" - previous version is required. If your Publisher program IS an upgrade you will need a previous version or a qualifying product available prior to installing the upgrade...

Registraion number not working for some users
Hi there, Two of my users cannot create a product registration number (Sales-Accounts-select product-Generate registration number) When you click the button the little window appears as it should but within it is a "Page cannot be displayed" message. Other users with the exact same permissions & assigned roles do not have this problem. I have installed the latest hotfix roll-up but this did not correct the error. Any help would be appreciated -Joseph Sounds like you are using a custom add-in or ISV integration. I would check with that vendor first... -- Matt Wittem...

OL2003 some buttons don't work
Hello I have set up a new client in our SBS2003 Network the same way many before. However, on this client OL2003 seems to refuse to work as usual. After starting of OL, the Tool- and the Menubar are always missing. After minimizing and reopening the OL window, they appear. Also, some of the buttons refuse to work. When writing a new mail, the send button is there but nothing happens when I click on it. The same behavior can be seen with some other buttons. Even some of the menu functions refuse to work. They can be selected in the menu as usual, but nothing happens. I tried to repair t...

No Offline Folders button
I can't set up my Outlook to use Offline Folders. I've gone to Tools|Email Accounts|Change|More Settings|Advanced tab...there is not a button there for "Offline Folder Settings..." I have seen this button on a friend's Outlook. I am using Office XP (Outlook 2002) with the new Exchange server 2003. Outlook is running on an application server that is Windows 2003 Server. Any ideas? Is this mail profile set up to access an Exchange mailbox? VCR wrote: > I can't set up my Outlook to use Offline Folders. I've > gone to Tools|Email Accounts|Change|More &g...

Storage limits not working
Ever since we upgraded to exchange 2003 our mailbox size limits are not being enforced. I have "default size limit" checked for most users, which is 25M if my memory serves me correctly, and they are able to still send with a mailbox at 50M. the limit is set per mailbox store. when you upograded (different server?) the users now belong to another store that does not have these settings. Limits could also be set per useraccount, and then overrides the settings on the store there is 3 different kind of quota on the mailbox store and user accounts Issue warning if this one...

Help!
and the on-line documentation doesn't give the right help. Outlook on a client machine was set to send an automatic reply to any sender saying that the manager is away on holidays. The program works through the Exchange server on a Windows 2003 server (as required). The version of the Exchange Server is 6.## running on server 2003 R2. I am away from the computers as I write this but I also configured the Exchange Server to do auto replies. Sending a test message to the manager's e-mail user name as configured does not produce an auto reply as it's supposed to. I...

Charts for Social Work
Need help in creating 2 charts. Not sure if it�s possible in Excel. Hopefully I�ll give enough details. Chart #1 Y-axis: Range is 35 to 5, where the 35 is a minimum value at the botto of the chart. X-axis: There are actually three categories, but it is not a Bar Chart per se. Category Names(should appear at the top of the chart, not as an axi label): Baseline, Intervention, and Follow-up (The X-axis should hav gaps, so each category is separated; there actually should be no axi label) The Y-axis represents a score between 5 and 35. The score for th Baseline is 22 and is supposed to be re...

How to transfer iPhone contacts along with contact photos to pc?
Many iPhone users have asked how to transfer iPhone contacts along with contact photos to their pc. They need to backup their contacts somewhere in case of data loss, especially for those who have so many important clients? contacts on their iPhone. They just need a way to backup their iPhone contacts. What shall they do?Here I'd like to share my experience in this :I used this iPhone Contact to PC Backup program called Tansee iPhone Transfer Contact to transfer and backup all my contacts from my iPhone to my computer. What can it help you?- Backup contacts on iPhone memory to a file- Expo...

What is the size limit of the notes field in an Outlook contact re
When I looked at the properties of the notes field within a contact record in Outlook, it displayed he following information Field Properties Name: Notes Type: Integer Format: 1,234 I was expecting a memo or text data type? ...

Contacts missing from Outlook view on CRM
I have the following problem with CRM: Outlook 2003 using latest client and "Outlook Crash" hotfix. From within Outllok all contacts can be seen via Sales, Contacts. When a new message is created in Outlook and To is selected, followed by CRM Contacts then certain contacts do not appear in the contact list. This is only true for a couple of PCs, the rest seem to work OK. I have tried removing the CRM client and re-installing, but it doesn't make any difference. Anyone got any ideas why this is happening? Mark ...

Formula to work out someones age
I am putting together a database using excel and wish to enter a persons date of birth as a column and then have excel work out the persons age in the next column. Can anyone tell me the formula I should be using to do this? I'm using excel 97 on windows 95 Regards Mike music.bus@virgin.net --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.515 / Virus Database: 313 - Release Date: 01/09/03 one way: =DATEDIF(A1, TODAY(),"y") where A1 contains the birthdate In article <HcI7b.277$eW.304297@newsfep...

Contact View and Automatic Formatting
I have installed Outlook XP (Office XP have SP1 and SP2); I try to personalize a View of Contact folder. I want to use Automatic formatting and set this condition: "Message Class" contains "IPM.Contact". It doesn't work! When i used Office 2000 it work.. strange.. any helps?? Andrea ...

how can i make my contact list similar to outlook express?
I want my contact list accessible, similar to Outlook Express. Example: I type a name for an e-mail. I want the name to pop up - not have to type the entire e-mail address. mstrand wrote: > I want my contact list accessible, similar to Outlook Express. > Example: I type a name for an e-mail. I want the name to pop up - not > have to type the entire e-mail address. Outlook and OE are totally separate programs, despite their similar names, and do things differently. Outlook 2000 and earlier have a feature called autoresolve - meaning, you can type the first few letters of a recipie...

Make a working copy of current company data
Why can't I make a working copy of my current Great Plains Data (v 7.5) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=bac15485-c0f6-475f-9b4d-cd2ab4f0125e&dg=micro...

Filtering a table does not work
I'm trying to help someone out who is using tables linked to a sequel server database in Access. There are multiple tables set up the exact same way that are acting differently in Access. On two of the tables, when she tries to filter a text field by a selection, it does not filter anything. It does the same thing when trying to enter a criteria in a query on the table. It yields all the results. But, in other tables with the same text field the filtering works great. So far I've tried a compact and repair which did nothing and I'm at a complete loss of what else to try. Any sugge...