contacts 04-30-10

Both the on-line (signed in) and off-line CONTACTS lists have been updated
from a CSV file and are identical.

But when a new message is composed, and TO is clicked, the address choices
shown are from an earlier CONTACTS incarnation.

What is that file, and how can it either be updated or deleted, in order to
reflect the correct CONTACTS list?

Thanks

The TO should show the same contacts that you would see if you open the
contacts in WLM.

There is one thing to be aware of.  If a contact has multiple e-mail
address (e.g. Personal, Work, etc.) each of those will show up as a
separate entry when you open the TO dialog.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"borate" <borate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Both the on-line (signed in) and off-line CONTACTS lists have been
> updated
> from a CSV file and are identical.
>
> But when a new message is composed, and TO is clicked, the address
> choices
> shown are from an earlier CONTACTS incarnation.
>
> What is that file, and how can it either be updated or deleted, in
> order to
> reflect the correct CONTACTS list?
>
> Thanks

0
Michael
4/30/2010 8:35:50 PM
/Michael Santovec/ said:
> The TO should show the same contacts that you would see if you open the
> contacts in WLM.

It should but didn't, Mike.  After considerable fiddling I was able to
update it.

> There is one thing to be aware of.  If a contact has multiple e-mail
> address (e.g. Personal, Work, etc.) each of those will show up as a
> separate entry when you open the TO dialog.

That wasn't the case here, but thanks for making me aware of it.

0
dev

IF Statement 02-17-10
The statement below is working good. I need to add a statement to the end that all other numbers will be 200%. Can someone help, please. =(IF(G6=20,"110%",(IF(G6=25,"110%",(IF(G6=50,"110%") Thank you Tina Try this nut note a couple of things, There are no a lot less parenthesis, yo had too many Ive removed the quites from the percent answers. Format your formula cell as percent with as many or as few decimal places as you want If the formula works for you then that's fine but it 'could' produce unwanted results. For example ...

Failed Updates 06-26-10
Usually when I try to install updates, a message will appear indicating that the process has failed. When I allow Windows to automatically install updates, however, my Internet connection fails and I then have to do a system restore to remove the updates so that I can use the Internet again. Can you please help me with this, as I do want to be able to update my computer with programs and anti-virus updates without losing my Internet connection each time? Thanks. Allen • Which version of the Windows operating system am I running? http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...

auto play 03-26-10
I use an HP pc with Windows Vista 64-bit home premium. I like to play DVDs on the PC using Cyberlink PowerDVD. I can not get the pc to autoplay DVD files when they are inserted. When I use the Control Panel to open the "Set AutoPlay settings," PowerDVD does not show up in the drop-down menu of choices? Can someone tell me please how to make that happen? Thanks "D Van Deusen" <lucasfalls@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:E84FB90C-FC0B-42FC-868C-50B59F9BF8A6@microsoft.com... > I use an HP pc with Windows Vista 64-bit home premium. I like to play...

how do I change the default font size in endnotes? 02-28-10
How do I alter the default font size in endnotes? I've been qable to change the default typeface but the font size reverts to 10-point each time I create a new endnote. Endnote is a Style that you can modify. -- Rae Drysdale "kar201245" wrote: > How do I alter the default font size in endnotes? I've been qable to change > the default typeface but the font size reverts to 10-point each time I create > a new endnote. Did you change it by modifying the Envelope Return and Envelope Address paragraph styles? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft ...

Windows Calendar 05-15-10
I'm using Vista Home Premium. The calendar used to work---that is, it used to remind me about appointments. It no longer does. It will only remind me when the calendar is open. File/Options has "Reminders should show when Windows Calendar not running" checked. Windows Calendar is in the Startup menu. I understand this is a very popular problem but I can't find answers---only people complaining about it no longer working. Can someone direct me to the right source to get this issued resolved? Thank you. Connie ...

Upgrade to 10
Frustation building...I'm trying to upgrade to 10.0 from 8.0 SP5 in a test environment on a Virtual machine. When it tries to install the components it fails on the MS Sql Server native client 9, MS Dexterity Shared Components 10, and the MS Application Error reporting 11. It tells me to look at the .tmp file for information but I can't find the stupid .tmp file. I'm running the upgrade from the DVD on my local machine and connecting to the test server via Remote Desktop Connection. Any help out there???? -- jav If you have access to Customer/Partner Source s...

Running Office 2004 with network homes on 10.4
Hi. Im really at the end of my tether with office now, for well over a year it seems as though no matter what I do office just behaves like a spoilt brat. Were talking 10-20 minute load times just to load an office app. It will sit there and first it say configuring microsoft office components. then through a host of other things until eventually as i said about 20 minutes later it will actually open. I've seen things about fonts before, but i can tell its not just (if at all) this. I have a reasonably fast network, so i cant see how it is network issues. All clients have networ...

Garnishment in GP 10
Hi All, I was wondering if there is a way to create a invoice in Payables based on when a garnishment is taken out during payroll? I have a client that is tracking the garnishment and who it needs to be paid to on excel. If there is a way for GP to generate an invoice in Payables after each payroll based on each garnishment that would be a huge selling point for them. Any information would be very helpful. -- TC On May 14, 5:26=A0pm, TC <T...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > I was wondering if there is a way to create a invoice in Payables based on= >...

Simple query question 08-05-10
Hi, I'm using SQL Server 2005. What I want is to return a column "venue", but if that column is null, I want to return the value of the column "site" (in either case, I want the column header to be "venue"). How do I construct such a query? Thanks, - Dave You can use expression with COALESCE and alias the expression as venue: SELECT COALESCE(venue, site) AS venue... -- Plamen Ratchev http://www.SQLStudio.com Try this: SELECT COALSECE(venue, site) AS venue FROM my_table -- Gert-Jan laredotornado wrote: > > Hi, &...

lost contacts #4
Running Windows XP pro. Installed the 2003 upgrade to Outlook (previous version probably 2002, or maybe earlier). Client had hit the 2gb file limit. :-( We used the Office 2003 suite, but only selected Outlook (and PowerPoint) at this time. For some reason, the upgrade did NOT convert from the '02 file format to the '03 format, nor did the install ask if I wanted to convert, that would allow much larger file size. So, I created a new 'personal folders' folder and told it to use the '03 format. That gave me TWO 'Personal Folders' in Outlook. Then, I moved the...

Record Locking 03-17-10
For a Ms Access 2003 Db, Split, multi-user (10 users or so) in a peer-2-peer environment. I read that it can be beneficial to remove record locking on the forms and am confused?! I thought edited record was what should be setup. Why not? If you remove it, then how are updates managed in the rare even 2 user work on the same record? Thank you for the clarifications. QB "QB" <QB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65FEF730-D717-41C8-8ECA-C0D3A7A1B8DE@microsoft.com... > For a Ms Access 2003 Db, Split, multi-user (10 users or so) in a &g...

When to use contact and account
We are working on MS CRM for a retail bank. It has both individual customers and corporate customers. Considering the requirement we thought of storing both of them in the Account entity. Is this a good approach or will it have any impact on the OOTB functionality. Should we be using contact for Individual customers? Thanks, MVJ On Jan 12, 7:47=A0pm, mvj123 <mvj...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We are working on MS CRM for a retail bank. It has both individual custom= ers > and corporate customers. Considering the requirement we thought of storin= g > both of them i...

importing Excel file into Outlook Contacts
I am trying to import an Excel file into Outlook 2002. I did this successfully 1 time but now when I get to the "Import a File" - "The following actions will be performed" dialoge box, I can not change the file to the new file I want to import. The first one I Imported continues to be listed and I can't get rid of it. What should I do??? I experienced the same and the problem was solved when I reboot... You have to reboot... >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to import an Excel file into Outlook 2002. I >did this successfully 1 time but now...

auto fill in customer when contact selected
Hello, I hope Bertil reads this :) or someone with the same knowledge :) In a case when a user selects a contact is it possible to auto fill in the customer related to the contact?? Any help mucho appreciated. You can do this using javascript. onchange function of the field. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Ian" wrote: > Hello, > > I hope Bertil reads this :) or someone with the same knowledge :) > > In a case when a user selects a contact...

How do I import multiple vcards in groups into the contacts secti.
I have been using another email program for years called Becky. Now I have office 2003 I am going to change and use outlook so it integrates all in one package. I need to know if it possible to import groups of addresses as I had in the Becky Email or do I have do this as one and then put them back into groups. Also the emails can they be imported to the Outlook. Thanks in advance Jeff ...

Missing Contacts #2
After haveing to reinstall Outlook I was able to recover the old data. However now after adding a new contact I am not able to see it when I press 'TO' in a new email. I assume that it it just a file location problem, but which ones and how can I repiar this. Thanks. ...

Business Contact Manager #27
Is there any way to use BCM within a profile connected to an Exchange Server? Thanks, Chris Only SBS check out the faq here http://www.slipstick.com/bcm/bcmfaq.aspx (under setup) "Chris Cushman" <ccushman@calence.com> wrote in message news:2b7b01c42252$ea162900$3a01280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to use BCM within a profile connected to > an Exchange Server? > > Thanks, > Chris ...

Three "Contacts" listed in dropdown list
Using Oulook 2003. When composing a new email and clicking :"TO", Select Names appears with 3 CONTACTS listed - only the 3rd contains my contacts. How do I remove the other 2? When Select Names appears, I get the error message that I have to cancel out of and select the third CONTACT for my list to display. This is the error message: "The address list could not be displayed. Contact folder associated with this address list could not be opened, may have been moved or deleted or you may not have permission". Also I have just created a new profile in order to remove...

Contact categories & Exchange 2003: do they work together?
In my Small Business Server environment, I want Exchange to manage the Master category list for Outlook. I have been unable to locate an appropriate setting for this. Does anyone have any ideas? By the way, My contacts are all located in a public folder. "Paul van Egmond" <paul@oenone.nl> wrote: >In my Small Business Server environment, I want Exchange >to manage the Master category list for Outlook. I have >been unable to locate an appropriate setting for this. >Does anyone have any ideas? By the way, My contacts are >all located in a public folder. ...

Love Potion for Miss Blandish #10
yada yada hi darmasya, glanil,bavati bharata, agydanam adarmasya, kridadmanam padarmasya, ...

starting in Contacts
How can I have OE 2003 start out in Contacts view? Thx. -- Bill No such program. Try again. This is not an OE group. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Bill H." <wh@photosourcefolio.com> wrote in message news:u7g1UQAXJHA.4280@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > How can I have OE 2003 start out in Contacts view? > > Thx. > > -- > Bill > > > Tools, OPtions, Other, Advanced Options, select your startup folder. -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper &quo...

Contacts & Address Book #2
My address book only shows about 9 contacts. I have more than 100 contacts, & I don't know why only these 9 are showing. It seems random. I've tried Contacts>Properties>Outlook Address Book, which was enabled. I disabled, then reenabled it but got the same results. Any help would be greatly appreciated. You haven't told us anything that would permit us to troubleshoot. Read how to configure the Address Book: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&Product=ol2002 -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Headshrinker" <Headshrinke...

Searching closed leads and opening originating lead from contact
I don't see anyway to modify the search fields used on the look for: function to work on closed leads. We frequently have to go back to closed leads to view notes/history that did not transfer when the lead was converted and we can't find a way to search. When I chose "closed leads" or a custom view "my closed leads" the search dialog still searches only open leads. Is there any easy way to add searching of closed views without having to do an advanced find each time? I also notice the converted contact and account has a Originating Lead attribute - is th...

Error when Retrieving a Contact
I am trying to retrieve a contact using the Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.dll. I follow the example listed at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/CrmSdk/htm/crmcontactretrievemethod.asp?frame=true and it seems to work fine. This code will run fine every time I execute it. Except... when I try to access the results from the strContactXml variable I get an error. The code looks like this: string strContactXml = contact.Retrieve(userAuth, strContactId, ""); Response.Write(strContactXml); I get an error on the access of the strContactXml variable. Is the strContactXml variable a string o...

CRM 3.0
Just working with the beta of 3.0. Is there a quick way to send an e-mail template or even just an e-mail to a selected list of contact. What I mean is, in a list of contacts, if I choose say 3 or 4 contacts, is there some way to quickly choose somehow to send them an e-mail. If I choose them and create a new e-mail task their names do not appear in the to list. Also if I want to send a template e-mail to them, can it be done this way or does it have to be done another way? I know you can create an e-mail activity, then add all the names into the to list but this would be the revers...