Contact list icon won't work

Hi there,

I've got Windows 7 and in WLM after a re-install the contacts icon won't
take it anywhere....

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Gordon

0
Gordon

Do you mean that Contacts icon at the bottom of the Folder Pane?

Are you using the released version (2009) and not the 2010 Beta?

In the 2009 version, the contacts opens its own Window which normally
opens on top.  But I suppose it could open minimized, off screen or some
other issue.  On the task bar for the WLM icon do you see a second
window there (offset shadow)?

To get a window back on the screen, try this:
 - Use Alt/Tab to make it the active window
 - Press Alt/Space to get the control window for that application
 - Press M to select the Move option
 - Now you can use the arrow keys to move the window around the screen
to get it properly in view
 - Press the Enter key when the window is where you want it

If you need to resize a window, but can't use the mouse, try this:
 - Use Alt/Tab to make it the active window
 - Press Alt/Space to get the control window for that application
 - Press S to select the Size option
 - Now you can use the arrow keys to resize the window
 - Press the Enter key when the window is the size you want it

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"Gordon J. Rattray" <gords@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> I've got Windows 7 and in WLM after a re-install the contacts icon
> won't take it anywhere....
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gordon

0
Michael

Smart List /Payroll
New to GP. I am looking for the best place to pull employee demographics and related annual base pay. I see this field on one of the payroll code screens called annual pay but cannot find it.. I would just like the employee's annual pay based on their pay rate. hello max, that field is not on the payroll, it is on the Human resources tables and its called annual salary Hi Max- Unfortunately, pay code information is not available in Smartlist (assuming you are referring to the annual pay rate stored for a pay code under Cards>>Payroll>>Pay Code). You might look at Repor...

Drop down-list translation

Reduce gigantic icon size in 2007 beta?
Is there a way in Outlook 2007 beta to reduce the size of the icons in the Navigation pane and across the top of the page? They are GIGANTIC. Horrible looking. It makes Outlook appear to be a comic book instead of a business application. I will never use this version of Outlook (or Word for that matter) if I can't reduce the icon size to very small, neat and nice looking. I also cannot see how to reduce the font size for the listings in the Navigation pane. That is also way too large. I like the size of the icons on the top of the "inbox page". Those are nice and small an...

outlook 2000 contacts #4
Where is the file that contains the contacts in Outlook 2000? I backed up my hardrive to a DVD and had to format my drive. I want to restore the contacts but don't know how It's under your profile c:\documents and settings\<profile name>\local settings\applications data\microsoft\outlook The file is Outlook.pst Good luck. "Ted" wrote: > Where is the file that contains the contacts in Outlook 2000? I backed up my > hardrive to a DVD and had to format my drive. I want to restore the contacts > but don't know how jdc <jdc@discussions.microso...

Out of Office Assistant not working
I have a user in my company who set up an Out of Office reply before he left on vacation, but the reply is not going out to anyone. We are using Exchange 5.5 SP4 on Windows 2000 SP4. The client is Outlook 2000 SR-1. On the server side, there are no alternate recipients assigned to him. He doesn't have any rules set up in his Rules Wizard, and he has no delegates setup in his Outlook client, either. Can anyone offer any help on this? Thanks. On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 11:06:48 -0800, "Mark Z" <mzuchlewsk@dol.wa.gov> wrote: >I have a user in my company who set up an Out...

Transfering Outlook Calendar, Contacts and IMAP-folders to Live Ma
I have a new computer with Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail. Live mail doesn't pick up the Outlook Calendar, Contacts and the IMAP folders I had created. How can I get these over from my old Outlook to Live Mail. (I have saved the pst file) Ulf Eriksson wrote: > I have a new computer with Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail. > Live mail doesn't pick up the Outlook Calendar, Contacts and the IMAP > folders I had created. How can I get these over from my old Outlook to Live > Mail. (I have saved the pst file) Download and install the trial version of Office 2007....

Toolbar with different icon sizes
I am developing an Internet Explorer toolbar. Most of the buttons have icon sizes of 16x16, but one of them has larger width (80 pixels). Since a toolbar expects all icons to have the same size I have to do something special if I want to add this button. The solution that I am currently experimenting with is to make a second toolbar which is a child window of the first toolbar. This second toolbar contains only one button. This seems to work a little. I can position it correctly, but the problem is that the second toolbar is entirely black. If I move the mouse cursor of it, it highlights a g...

How do I get rid of Adobe Reader icon?
I think after I installed acrobat reader 9 I started to get this red icon next to the print button that does "save this document as a PDF document". I don't like it, it annoys me, and I want rid of it. Removing it works but then it just reappears again next time I start up excel. Any other changes to my icons 'stick', but this little critter just won't go away. I tried uninstalling reader 9 but this didn't solve it. I can't find an option to get rid of it. Help!! Adobe Reader can't produce PDF files. Adobe Acrobat CAN. IF you want to remove ...

Generating a list from Excel 2003
Hi, I would like to know how to generate a list from data in Excel 2003. I would like this list to be generated and put into a document such as Word or some other form. My Sheet has Headings such as First Name, Last Name, Address, Pass (which will bwe checked for some) Thank-you in advance for youe help If it is a table, you can simply copy and paste from Excel into MS Word. If you are trying to print labels with Excel as the database, you do that from MS Word and with the worksheet you want to use as the first worksheet (the first worksheet requirement may not be necessary in Excel...

Display middle name with Primary Contact field on Account screen?
How do I Display the middle name with Primary Contact field on Account screen? Please help. We use the Primary Contact field on the main Account screen to search and select a contact. The field then displays the First Name + Last Name of the contact that was selected. Can I make it show First Name + Last Name + Middle Name? How do I do it? I will be very appreciative for any help I receive. Thanks adna; The CRM has one format for displaying contact names. you can set that format in Settings-->Administration-->System Settings. While First Name + Last Name + Middle Name isn&...

Help creating two listings from one record
I have extracted "members" from my database. One record will contain LastName and FirstName, and may also contain SpouseName. Because I am creating membership cards in Publisher, I think I probably should actually create another query or ?? that contains one record with either [FirstName LastName] or [SpouseName LastName] Probablyl something like ... If SpouseName greater spaces List SpouseName LastName else next sentence. List FirstName LastName I don't have a clue how to do this in Access. Appreciate all help. Try this -- [FirstName] &a...

Code not working as expected
Excel 2007, XP Pro. Once agin I request your much appreciated assistance with an Excel "funny": The following code appears to run and the rest of the macro runs without any errors. However the data is NOT pasted into the cells D14 and D8 respectively. If I step through using F8 then it works, but when the macro is run using the control button it does not. No error message, just does not paste the data. Help!!! Windows("SCHOOL_MAIN_MENU.xlsm").Activate Range("K33:L33").Select Application.CutCopyMode = False Selection.Copy Windo...

Assign a Contact to a different businessunit
Helo, is it possible to assign a contact to a different businessunit than my own? We have the problem that the customer has users that should have the right to enter contacts for different businessunits (without assigning it to another user). Thanks for your help, paul. Unfortunately, the answer is no. If you look in the tables for Contact (ContactBase) or even the Contact view or FilteredContact, you'll probablly notice a field called businessunitid...this is dynamically set when you reassign it to someone else. Sorry I don't have a better solution for you. "Paul&quo...

Syncing Outlook 2003 with Bus Contact Mgr on 2 computers
Just upgraded to Office 2003 and want to keep my Outlook on both desktop and laptop in sync. Used to be able to do it through my PDA which runs Pocket PC--sync desktop computer to PDA, then PDA to laptop for the road. But Business Contact Manager Accounts and links aren't reflected in the Pocket PC sync, although the contacts show up in Outlook contacts. How do I backup my desktop Outlook 2003 and then restore on my laptop so that the two computers have duplicate data. http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm should help. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies t...

Windows XP Start.wav / Start Navigation sound isn't working
Hello, and thank you for reading my post. For some time now, I noticed that my PC's "click sound", which normally appears while surfing in IE 6, wasn't working. I'd learned that I'd need to visit the Start Navigation sound in Control Panel-->Sounds and Audio Devices, and select Windows XP Start.wav...which I'd do, but it wouldn't stay in place as soon as I clicked on "Apply". Because of this issue, and others, too, I reinstalled a "clean" version of Windows XP SP2, and then upgraded it (&, by extension, IE 6) to SP3,...

Pick list width changes by itself...why?
I have some columns with the width 4. Sometimes the validation pick list is wide like 40 and sometimes it is only as wide as the column. I already know there's code to temp make the column wider when you click on it. But this behaviour of the pick list sometimes appearing much wider than the column makes me think there's something influencing the width of the pick list itself. Is there some way to control the width of the pick list without changing the width of the column or is what I'm seeing occur just an Excel bug? Thanks, Joe M. ...

Smart list data not in tables
I have alot of data that for some reason is in the smart list but is not veiwed in the tables....any easy way to get the data back in the tables. MR Have you used some tool like Query Analyzer to view the suspected tables? If you will tell me the SmartList you are trying to view, I'll give you the tables. There is no way SL is showing nonexistent data; it's just a report writer. "Mike R" <MikeR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12CC49A0-FB4F-48F8-AAD8-7EBB2D973CCE@microsoft.com... >I have alot of data that for some reason is in the smart list b...

Hiding exchange alias in adress list
H Want to know if it's possible to hide the exchange alias from the adress list, only the alias nothing else and is it possible to set the maximum recipients to send to on a group, eg. have users that only should be allowed to mail 1 user a time I know that this can be done under exchange general for a single user, but I have 9000 users that need that restriction thanks in advance Joakim Larsso ...

I did install Genuine Advantage ActiveX control. But why could not find it in my IE Add-ons List?
Several days ago, I downloaded Windows Mobile Device Center from Micorosft web site for my Windows 7. As it needed Windows Genuine Verification, I installed the Genuine Advantage ActiveX control for my IE8. But now, I can not find this activeX control in my IE Add-ons List( IE -> Tools -> Manage Add-ons options of Internet Explorer ). Anyone could tell me why and where? Thanks in advance. It installed and it is not removable in any shape or form. Once done (Genuine Advantage ActiveX) it is done :-) -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of oth...

UNC Path using DNS alias (CNAME) on local server doesn't work
I have many windows server 2003 servers. On all of our file shares/SQL servers we use CNAMES for easy DR changes and testing. Primarily we only use DNS aliases from clients to the servers We installed a new app that has a database of UNC locations. The app uses these locations to do some file copies. The problem seems to be that the server itself cannot access the \\myalias\myshare from itself. Extremely strange. When i try to go to run and type this UNC path using the alias on the server itself i get prompted with a username/password dialog. Any credentials i enter here fail. we a...

Resetting MS CRM Sales for Outlook 1.2 Contacts synchronization
Hi, We have a few clients that have either deleted the synchronized contacts in the local contact folder or aren't getting the ones they are supposed to since the 1.2 update. Two questions on this: Where is the information on contacts that are deleted locally kept to prevent the re-sync, specifically ? How do we reset this ? We have tried reinstalling per the KB without success. Any help would be appreciated. Seems strange this isn't documented somewhere. Thanks, Gary Dear Gary, I found your query in search for a similar problem. Before coming across my current problem I us...

Updating Share Point list from within Excel
I have the need to update an existing SharePoint list within Excel using VBA code. Is this possible? Can somebody point me to some reference that can direct met on how to do it? I'm able to save workbook and create dashboard from that workbook. However, now I need to update custom fields in an existing list. Regards, OMER ...

Outlook stopped working #2
does anyone know how to make outlook work again after error message "outlook has stopped working"? i've reinstalled and this hasn't solved the problem cheers michelle JonoMish <michelle@secretbudget.net> wrote: > does anyone know how to make outlook work again after error message > "outlook has stopped working"? i've reinstalled and this hasn't > solved the problem Care to be less vague? State your Outlook version, your account type, exactly how you produce the error and what you changed on your PC just before this started happenin...

cmap & list members
hi, i'm dealing with a class containing a cmap public member CMap<CString, LPCSTR, clsTarea*, clsTarea*>m_listaTareas; but when in any function of my class i begin writting this->m_listaTareas. expeting the list of cmap members appearing after the dot is writted, nothing is showed i have then, tried to write the map in another way, in order to guess out wath is going on... .... but using the documented example CMap <CString, LPCSTR, clsTarea, clsTarea&>m_listaTareas; all what i get is the compiler crashing does anybody know why is vb c++ (6.0) beha...

Linking Excel drop down lists
I am trying to set up a billing spreadsheet. On one spreadsheet I have a list of product codes in one column, the description in the next column and the price in the third column. On another spreadsheet I would like to pick the appropriate code from a drop-down list (no problem with that) and I would like the description and price to fill in automatically once I choose the code. I thought this would be easy but I am stuck!! Having drop down lists in each column is not an option since there are 163 things in each drop down - the descriptions are wordy and I want to garantee I g...