connecting livemail

using internet explorer 8. Clicking desktop icon gives me my hotmail folders
but it won't connect so can't send or receive emails. But if I go to hotmail
website,I can access fully functioning hotmail -but with different (not so
convenient) format.
 What can I do to restore connection to usual email?
 Problem arose 29 july -before that access and connection were ok.
Please keep it simple!
--
In earnest

connect exchange server to pop3 server
Currently running pop3 and plan to switch to exchange server. I would like to be able to connect to the pop3 to download emails while switching over. If you use Small Business Server there is an included POP3 connector. Otherwise you will need to purchase a 3rd party connector to retrieve the emails. You will hear this recommendation from others ... if you're going to the trouble to get Exchange, have mail delivered to it directly instead of retrieving POP3. Cheers, Karan Mavai <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:031801c3d615$e9ef0980$a101280a@phx.gbl... ...

Headquarters Client Error when connecting
Hi, Since yesterday I'm having some issues with my HQ Client on 3 stores. I got the following message when I try to do a transfer: Connection to socket was unsuccessful: Connection is forcefully rejected. No connection is made with the local database. Very strange. When testing the local connection to the database, this is OK. The remote connection to the HQ Server is also OK. Only when we connect, we get this error. Please Help.............. Etienne Theodora. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0099_01CAB6DC.EF82D670 Content-Type: text...

Outlook error connecting with ActiveSync
After transferring Outlook (2002) to a new computer (both using Windows 2000 OS), moving the Outlook.pst and all other related files, and manually re-entering my many email accounts, I have run into a problem in synchronizing with my Dell Axim 3. When I tried to set up the sync account in Activesync, I was given three choices, to combine the items on the computer and the device, to replace the items on the device with those on the computer, or to not synchronize. Since the Axim has the correctly updated information, I needed an option that would let me "replace the items on th...

Termainal Server Dynamics Connectivity
Does Dynamics and Terminal server have to be installed on the same machine? Or can you create a shortcut from the terminal server to a Dynamics install on another server. thanks! -- Doug You ave to have the Great Plains (Dynamics) client installed on the TS The Great Plains/SQL Server whould be on another machine HS "Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A75582F7-4629-43B1-8A17-75931FB90BE1@microsoft.com... > Does Dynamics and Terminal server have to be installed on the same > machine? > Or can you create a shortcut from the terminal se...

Snapping to a connection point
If I take a shape or group and change its interaction style (behavior dialog box) so that it acts as a 1D line instead of a 2D box, the right and left anchors will snap to any connection points in thier immediate vicinity. My question is, how do I change WHICH anchors will snap to connection points. If I wanted the top and bottom anchors to do it, then I just need to rotate the shape 90 degrees before grouping it, then rotate it back. But what if I wanted the bottom right and bottom left anchors to snap? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

Problem with Powerpoint Chart with RDP connection
When open PowerPoint 2003, insert a chart, click off (i.e. deselect) the chart, font compresses horizontally and the font are not visible correctly. I used SplitView with RDP. ...

Connection error during data migration #2
The CRM Server is installled in the same machine as SQL Server. Basically, > the setup topology is as below: > i) SQL Server is already up and running before CRM installation. > ii) MSCRM is installed. > iii) Using Web Application, I have created the necessary user with roles and > licenses. This means that the CRM database in the SQL server is working fine > right. > iv) Then I install the CRM Data Migration software. > v) Run the InitializationTool.exe and transfer data using Data > Transformation in Enterprise Manager. > vi) Then I run the MigrationTool.e...

Connecting to SQL Server DB in Windows 7
I've got an Access Front end program that connects to a SQL Database back end. Everything works in Windows XP; but on the one computer running Windows 7 I cannot get the Access application to connect to the SQL Database. My ODBC Connection string looks something like this: ODBC;DSN=MyConnection;APP=My App;Database=bedb;UID=sa;PWD=MyPassword;TABLE=dbo.tblFirstTable I've tried going into Admin Tools, and creating the datasource first, it connects without any problem. Is there something that has changed in Windows 7, that requires me to either alter a setting somewhere, ...

Auto detect network connection
I have a user who ejects his laptop while Outlook is open. When he brings it back up out of the doc Outlook does not work anymore and he has to shut down and restart Outlook to get it back. Is there a way to make this work without having to shut down Outlook? What version of Outlook? Outlook 2003, in cached Exchange mode, would probably handle this scenario somewhat more gracefully than earlier versions. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and r...

Connect to Exchange via HTTPS
I know there is a way that in Exchange 2003 it can be setup so that users can connect remotely using Outlook 2003. They can do this by nesting RPC packets inside SSL packets. Could someone point me in the direction of what I need to do to achieve this? Server side requirement Windows 2003 GC Windows 2003 IIS Exchange 2003 Client side requirement Windows XP SP1 with Q331320 Hot Fix Outlook 2003 For more information about the detail steps, read 1 Deployment Scenarios http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=ef58395d-3710-49cf-9698-938e2bef39e8&displaylang=en 2 Sing...

Data Connection Security in Excel 2007
I'm having an issue with a spreadsheet we've created in Excel 2007. The spreadsheet is configured to grab some data from a SQL server on our LAN. The problem is, you're hit with a security dialog that states "Security Warning: Data Connections have been disabled." When I add the location of the file to my Trusted Locations, the dialog goes away. Here's what we would like to do. We'd like to be able to sign the document with a certificate and set all of our client PCs to trust this certificate via GPO. The idea here is that any user can open a signed ...

Management reporter Specify Server Connection
Hello, I am installing the client version of Management reporter but do not know how to find the SQL server connection. Could someone point me in the right direction. thanks ...

How do we stop these connections on our SMTP virtual server?
Hi all, If I go to Current Sessions under Protocols-->SMTP-->Default SMTP Virtual Server from ESM, I can see some unusal users & IP addresses & connected time. Some hostname from user column does not match these IPs and Hostnames are created randomly and some IPs are listed in the blacklists. Does that mean we are hacked? I confirm that we are not open realy. Is there configuration we missed? How do I stop these connections permanently? Each day the IP address is different. Thank you very much. On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 11:15:01 -0700, Sally <Sally@discussions.microso...

Connecting to outlook
How do I connect to my suddenlink internet provider using outlook? EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice WCF Workflow Services Using External Data Exchange http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/3d49fa0d-a120-4977-842a-6dafb17b6d74/wcf-workflow-services-usi.aspx "LaVerne Abraham" wrote in message news:2009921205049abes.babe@hotmail.com... > How do I connect to my suddenlink internet provider using outlook? > Outlook doesn't care how you access the internet. I presume, you mean "how do I set up my suddenlink email account in Outlook"? If th...

Connecting to MS SQL Server 2008 Express
I am using a demo for RMS 2.0 and installed MS SQL Server 2008 Express. Using the Store Operations Administrator Configuration screen I am getting the following listed below when trying to connect. Any clues as to my problem would be greatly appreciated... Error #-2147217843 Login failed for user 'Mike' (Source: Microsoft OLE DB Providor for SQL Server) (SQL State: 42000) (NativeError: 18456) No Help file avaialbe You are tring to log into an SQL server with the SQL Authentication and the username Mike. This error would indicate the user Mike does not exist, does n...

Connections and ##temp tables
Hi, using Access 2003 and SQL 2005. I have an Access application that uses a combination of pass-through queries and dao recordsets to load forms and reports. This is not an Access Project. My question is about design. A search populates a table with parent record IDs. I then have a bunch of stored procedures that use an inner join on this table to filter records. In a multiuser environment what is the best practice method to ensure that the table of IDs is not compromised by an user's search results? For example, will using a ##temp table to hold the search result IDs give ...

Dial up Connection Box opens when starting Outlook
A problem has recently occured when I open Outlook. The Dial up Connection Box opens in the Inbox and it takes ages to see the first email in the preview pane. It can be plain text or any type of email. I have also changed my settings . If I change the settings to "Never dial a connection", the Dial up box does not appear and it still takes ages to see the first email in the preview pane. What is very worrying, is that if I have made a telephone connection already, the telephone status shows it talking to something somewhere. I am up to date with Norton antivirirus updates and ...

Problem connect SQL from RMS
Hi Frends iam have problems with connect RMS to SQL: Have SMB 2003 Server, SQL 2005 1. With Managment Studio iam access fine to SQL Database but put in SO Administrator: Server: [local] | SQL Server Aut.: User: sa, Pass: same in sql | database: empty (or rmssample) but have these error: Invalid connection, specific SQL Server not found Please Help I think server name should be (local) not [local] Regards, Arthur On 30/05/2010 20:10, RMS wrote: > Hi Frends iam have problems with connect RMS to SQL: > > Have SMB 2003 Server, SQL 2005 > > 1. Wi...

cable internet connection
How do I change the dial-up connection to my new cable internet connection in Money 2001? Tools|Options|Connection? It shouldn't matter for most system configurations on newer versions of Money. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2d7cb01c394b9$5a600a50$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How do I change the dial-up connection to my new cable > internet connection in Money 2001? ...

Need help with Outlook 2002 connections/settings
Until recently, when I hit send/receive, I never had any issues connecting, sending or receiving email. Two days ago, I began getting the following error message when I try to send an email message or if I hit the send/receive button. "The operation failed due to network or other communication problems. Check your connections and try again." All other internet connectivity seems fine. I still seem to be getting incoming mail. I am NOT able to send, and I need to be able to ASAP. Can someone please give me guidance on correcting this. Thanks, Kirk I have the same pro...

Data Connection between Excel 2007 and SharePoint 2007
I have established a data connection in an Excel 2007 document from a SharePoint 2007 list. I then format the data in the Excel document. When I refresh the data connection, I lose some, but not all of my formatting. Why is this, and how can I fix it? ...

231
Hi, I'm working on a pipe server & client program. The pipe server is asynchronous and multithreaded. I used the following method to create the server: // code below is inside the Run() method of the server thread class OVERLAPPED ol; ZeroMemory(&ol, sizeof(OVERLAPPED)); HANDLE hArray[2]; hArray[0] = ol.hEvent = CreateEvent(NULL, TRUE, FALSE, NULL); hArray[1] = m_hStopEvent; // a global shutdown event while(bStop==FALSE) { HANDLE hServerPipe = CreateNamedPipe (m_szServerName, PIPE_ACCESS_DUPLEX|FILE_FLAG_OVERLAPPED|WRITE_DAC,PIPE_TYPE_MESSAGE | PIPE_READMODE_MESSAGE |...

New !
Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 Connect is available! Now, you can submit your Feedback, Suggestions, AND Publisher Files directly to our Microsoft database. Periodically, there will also be opportunities for you to help us continue to improve Publisher by participating in Surveys relevant to the way you work and the things you’d like available to you. So, stay tuned. To get started: 1) Visit http://connect.microsoft.com/ 2) Click “Available Connects” 3) Choose “Microsoft Office Publisher Beta”. Then, follow the instructions on the Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 Connect page. P...