Clearing emails from the ISP server

I have used Outlook Express for many years but I now have Windows 7 and use
Windows mail.
This works very well but I have one problem.  When I used OE any mail
downloaded was deleted from the inbox on the ISP server.  This doesn’t happen
when I use Windows Mail.  To correct this on the server I periodically load
OE which downloads mail the server and clears the inbox.

Is there any way I can do this with Windows Mail

Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Uncheck: Leave a copy of
messages on the server.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"Kas" <Kas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have used Outlook Express for many years but I now have Windows 7 and
>use
> Windows mail.
> This works very well but I have one problem.  When I used OE any mail
> downloaded was deleted from the inbox on the ISP server.  This doesn’t
> happen
> when I use Windows Mail.  To correct this on the server I periodically
> load
> OE which downloads mail the server and clears the inbox.
>
> Is there any way I can do this with Windows Mail

0
Bruce
3/24/2010 9:19:03 PM
On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 14:02:05 -0700, Kas wrote:

> I have used Outlook Express for many years but I now have Windows 7 and use
> Windows mail.
> This works very well but I have one problem.  When I used OE any mail
> downloaded was deleted from the inbox on the ISP server.  This doesn�t happen
> when I use Windows Mail.  To correct this on the server I periodically load
> OE which downloads mail the server and clears the inbox.
>
> Is there any way I can do this with Windows Mail

I don't know much about Windows Mail; I don't have Windows Vista, which
comes with Windows Mail.

I do know that, in Windows Live Mail (very different from Windows Mail) you
have to unselect the option to "Leave messages on the server". The default,
in WLMail is for that setting to be checked.

label, "Leave a copy of messages on server".

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

> Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Uncheck: Leave a copy of
> messages on the server.
> --
>            Bruce Hagen
>          MS-MVP  [Mail]
>       Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "Kas" <Kas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have used Outlook Express for many years but I now have Windows 7 and
> >use
> > Windows mail.
> > This works very well but I have one problem.  When I used OE any mail
> > downloaded was deleted from the inbox on the ISP server.  This doesn’t
> > happen
> > when I use Windows Mail.  To correct this on the server I periodically
> > load
> > OE which downloads mail the server and clears the inbox.
> >
> > Is there any way I can do this with Windows Mail
> >

> .

In both Windows Live Mail or Windows Mail(Vista) it can be found on the menu.
If you can't see the menu press the Alt key.

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Bobby" <Bobby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:587A159E-2978-4396-A4E0-3F566CD5E9BD@microsoft.com...
> And where do I find Tools?
>
> "Bruce Hagen" wrote:
>
>> Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Uncheck: Leave a copy of
>> messages on the server.
>> --
>>            Bruce Hagen
>>          MS-MVP  [Mail]
>>       Imperial Beach, CA
>>

>> "Kas" <Kas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have used Outlook Express for many years but I now have Windows 7 and
>> >use
>> > Windows mail.
>> > This works very well but I have one problem.  When I used OE any mail
>> > downloaded was deleted from the inbox on the ISP server.  This doesn’t
>> > happen
>> > when I use Windows Mail.  To correct this on the server I periodically
>> > load
>> > OE which downloads mail the server and clears the inbox.
>> >
>> > Is there any way I can do this with Windows Mail
>> >

>> .

0
winston
3/25/2010 9:17:25 AM
Many thanks Bruce - Problem solved

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

> Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Uncheck: Leave a copy of
> messages on the server.
> --
>            Bruce Hagen
>          MS-MVP  [Mail]
>       Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "Kas" <Kas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have used Outlook Express for many years but I now have Windows 7 and
> >use
> > Windows mail.
> > This works very well but I have one problem.  When I used OE any mail
> > downloaded was deleted from the inbox on the ISP server.  This doesn’t
> > happen
> > when I use Windows Mail.  To correct this on the server I periodically
> > load
> > OE which downloads mail the server and clears the inbox.
> >
> > Is there any way I can do this with Windows Mail
> >

> .

You're welcome.
--

> Many thanks Bruce - Problem solved
>
> "Bruce Hagen" wrote:
>
>> Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Uncheck: Leave a copy
>> of
>> messages on the server.
>> --
>>            Bruce Hagen
>>          MS-MVP  [Mail]
>>       Imperial Beach, CA
>>

>> "Kas" <Kas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have used Outlook Express for many years but I now have Windows 7
>> >and
>> >use
>> > Windows mail.
>> > This works very well but I have one problem.  When I used OE any mail
>> > downloaded was deleted from the inbox on the ISP server.  This doesn’t
>> > happen
>> > when I use Windows Mail.  To correct this on the server I
>> > periodically
>> > load
>> > OE which downloads mail the server and clears the inbox.
>> >
>> > Is there any way I can do this with Windows Mail
>> >

>> .

0
Bruce

Problems with creating a newsletter

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

Relay from unstruted server

Relay Servers?

Windows Server 2008 R2 04-09-10

Microsoft Exchange Server

Sending Email #6

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

CRM Email Displays Size=2>

Email cannot be resolved...

Clearing "Custom Footer" box
Is there a way to delete the contents of the "Custom Footer" option when going through the "Page Setup" menu? I would like to clear out all previously created custom footers and start fresh. Thanks. TC T Crosby, Go to FILE>PAGE SETUP>HEADER/FOOTER, click on the "Custom Footer button. A new dialog box will appear with three panes. Highlight th contents in each pane (one pane at a time) and hit delete. Hope this helps Case -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You have some responses at your other post. T Crosby wrote: > > Is there a wa...

Recurring email #2

RPC Over HTTP on Single Server

find instance of IE for server socket in activex component
Hi I have an activex component that has a server socket (using casyncsocket class) ..The problem is that when I have multiple instances of the IE open only the first instance (created first) recieves the messages the rest do not recieve the message. Is there a way to solve this problem .(i want the server send the reply to that instance of ie that sent the message) .Do I need to pass something like a pointer of hte javascript object .If so how Thanks When you say "server socket", that suggests a socket that does a Listen followed by an Accept. Otherwise it is a client socke...