Changing default font for composed mail in Windows Live

When I compose a New Email Message, the Text Font is Segoe UI, size = 10,
color = black.

I have selected "Tools", "Options", "Compose" and changed the font settings
for Mail to 12 pt. Comic Sans MS and then Apply and OK but when I click on
Compose a New email the changes did not take.
Thanks

Tools | Options | Compose. Is anything at all showing in the stationery
section? Some stationery will only send in specific fonts and sizes.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP [Mail]

"Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I compose a New Email Message, the Text Font is Segoe UI, size =
> 10,
> color = black.
>
> I have selected "Tools", "Options", "Compose" and changed the font
> settings
> for Mail to 12 pt. Comic Sans MS and then Apply and OK but when I click
> on
> Compose a New email the changes did not take.
> Thanks

0
Bruce

changing the xsi:type

how to get top most *visible* window?
Hi, How can I get top most window in Z order on the system which is visible only ? My application shows a top most window. Here is my code to get top most window where I used GetWindow function to get top most window relative to my window hMyTopMostWindow. HWND hSystemTopMostWindow = GetWindow(hMyTopMostWindow, GW_HWNDFIRST); while (!IsWindowVisible(hSystemTopMostWindow)) { hSystemTopMostWindow = GetWindow(hSystemTopMostWindow, GW_HWNDNEXT); } Using above code serves my purpose but not feasible to use it when I am using it in iterative calls. Is thers any window function that does same thi...

change menu prompt dynamically
hi, I wanna change the menu prompt dynamically. how can I do that? regards. Monica.L. Hi Monica, What do mean by "menu prompt"? I'm pretty sure that a dozen of guys is ready to help ya, but you gotta be more specific ;-) Peter "monica" <mluchi@soft.fr.com> wrote in message news:1f2301c33ed5$751459d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > hi, > > I wanna change the menu prompt dynamically. > how can I do that? > > regards. > Monica.L. If you are doing it dynamically, you need to look at CFrameWnd::OnMenuSelect (ie handle WM_MENUSELECT) and WM_SETMESSA...

How do I change the color for cell selection in excel?
I just started using Excel 2007. In the older versions when I select a row, column, or specific group of cells, Excel would highlight the group in a certain color. In Excel 2007, it simply surrounds the selected group of cells with a thick black line. I've tried going into Excel Options under Advanced but couldn't find how to do this. Can you assist me in changing this feature? On Dec 31 2007, 6:52 pm, dminliberty <dminlibe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just started using Excel 2007. In the older versions when I select a row, > column, or specific grou...

Default SOP Error on Sales Transaction Entry
One user gets the "Default SOP Error" on a regular basis. When the user gets this, it spreads to other users and I have a headache on my hands. I have tried creating a new user account for this user. I have uninstalled and reinstalled GP7.5Vg3. I have run checklinks on the sales side (and the entire system). Why is this happening and how on earth do I make it go away? Firing the user is NOT an option. ...

Word Pad 2007 Won't remember Font choice
WordPad 2007 on Windows 7 RC refuses to remember the font that I choose. I can't see how to make a particular font default either. It constantly reverts to default font which I don't like as it is hard to read. I can change the font size and that stays changed. I am using WordPad to copy excerpts from web articles and each time I copy another excerpt and place it in the open document the font reverts from my Verdana choice to the default one. I recall having this same problem on Word 97 and my current Word 2002 on other machines. I can't remember how I fixed the p...

change cell shading when a number differs from the previous number
I am generally familiar with Excel, but need some help on this particular problem. Is there a way to apply a format where: whenever the number in a column differs from the one previous to it, a cell shading color change is applied. For example, you have a column of numbers in Excel: 2 2 2 5 (cell shading color change applied) 5 5 5 2 (cell shading color change applied) 2 2 3 (cell shading color change applied) etc.... It doesn't matter what color is used, just so that it is applied whenever there is a change from the previous number. There has got to be an easy answer to this.... ...

Mail Merge with Attachements
Hello, I am currently trying to utilize the attached process to create a mail merge out of MS word with attachments. http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/MergeWithAttachments.htm I was able to finally get past the Outlook Object Library problem discussed here and the macro asks me for the table with e-mails and attachments, however, I do not receive an email warning message and after a few seconds the screens comes up with a text box that states: Microsfot Word 0 Messages have been sent. On the Directory (titled dir1) I have a table with three rows and two columns Column one:...

change field number automatically when printing
We have a form in Excel, it is only one page, but we need a number on the right top corner of the sheet that changes automatically evey time we print the form Is there any way to do this Thank you You could use a Workbook BeforePrint macro that do that, assume the number is in cell G1 Range("G1").Value = Range("G1").Value + 1 like this Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Range("G1").Value = Range("G1").Value + 1 End Sub -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "sponder" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

How can I stop format change when copying data into unlocked cells
How can I stop the format changing when I copy data into an unlocked cell in a format protected worksheet? I need to allow people to both enter data or copy data from another source into cells so I have unlocked these cells but also don't want the format of the cells to be changed. If you enter data directly the format does not change but if you copy and paste data it changes the format. I know you can use "copy paste special values" but would like to know if there is some system way of doing this. Copy/paste this into the sheet module. Right-click on sheet ...

Protect but allow changes
Hi All, I would like to protect a worksheet but allow others to change column width and format numbers. Is that possible and how do I do this? Thank you for your help. Regards It depends on what version of excel you have, when you protect the sheet check allow format cells and format columns if you have this option -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:a2...

No e-mail entry under MY Work
No e-mail entry under MY Work Solved the problem. For some reason some of my Sales users were set for Service. Changed from Service to Sales in the Workspace Options. "Yoram" wrote: > No e-mail entry under MY Work ...

Attaching photos to e-mail
Trying to attach photos to a new message but after hitting "attach" the photos don't seem to be anywhere on any drive - though if I open the Digital camer software Camedia (I think) the photos display?? The properties of the photo give the path My Albums/####/####.jpg Ta ...

Undeleting the mails from outlook express
What are the ways to undelete a message from Outlook express if it has deleted from delete folder also. Reply same here or thomas_jiji@rediffmail.com Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -S...

How can I change the default paper size of a blank publication?
Publisher 97/98 asked for a choice to be made re paper size and measurements at setup. This allowed for European A4 to be the paper for the basic blank publication as opposed to US Letter. Is it possible to make this selection with PUblisher 2003. If so how? Do you have these settings available through your printer? If so set it up first, Publisher will follow along. You can change the page measurements to centimeters in Options, found under tools. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Paramount" <Paramoun...

E-mail ID generation issue
"I created a few new mailboxes, but when I look at the users properties in Active Directory Users and Computers, nothing is listed on the Email Address Tab. I also manually updated the RUS in the Exchange Suystem manager. It is more than 6 hours since the IDs are created, but still the e-mail field in the AD property is empty. The environment is Exchange 2003 in AD 2000 native mode. Can someone help me pls? Anything in your app event logs, such as msexchangeal 8331 errors? See KB 837444 if so. SP1 fixes this but there's also a hotfix you can get (free) if you call MS. VS wrot...

collapse a specific mail folder from a macro in Outlook 2007
Hi, My Outlook 2007 archives emails to a "archivel" folder tree structure that is parallel to my mailbox folders. I've written a macro that switches between a folder and its archive (see below) As a safety measure, I want the "archivel" folder collapsed altogether when I switch back to the non-archive folder, so that I don't confuse its folders with the normal ones - any Idea how I do this? Thanx in advance. ---------------------------------- Sub SwitchBetweenCurrentFolderAndItsArchive() Dim names As Collection Set names = New Collection Dim cf As Folder Set cf =...

using excel windows 98
i have a table of 100's of figures that are all in text, ie: 12 34 45 56 67 78 56 78 23 78 34 67 23 89 45 78 87 21 each number in it's own cell, but i have loads of them how can i get a decimal point in front of all of them, so they all show like this ..12 .34 .45 .56 .67 .78 ..56 .78 .23 .78 .34 .67 ..23 .89 .45 .78 .87 .21 i have looked in the cells settings and can not find a way myself, i have been told to check a box to default the decimal point, but this is when you have an empty sheet, not when you have already entered the figures. any ideas. thanks Jason One way .. ...

problems between windows and google Gmail recieved
when trying to change from one message to the next in Gmail. The next new message will not open and will show that there is a problem in the top bar. You need to close the program bu usinf the following, alt, ctrl, delete, or you wait for a long period of time which will redirected you back to google bar and you then require to re-open the gmail message site. In article <772D321F-00C4-4E30-8A28-134BA4485C1A@microsoft.com>, Frank Stolp wrote: > when trying to change from one message to the next in Gmail. The next new > message will not open and will show that there is ...

Windows 7 mail
I recently loaded Windows 7. Basically I like it. However, the email program sucks. I read in a blog that "Windows Live Mail" was implemented with the advertising because "the servers most go to had advertising also". I disagree!!!! The servers may have advertising but Outlook/outlook Express did not, thus the reason I used OE. I have a computer training service and I have always installed Outlook Express on my clients machines when setting up their email, due to the fact they didn't want the ads all over the screen. NOW THIS IS NOT EVEN A OPTION. ...

I'm trying to change a clustered column to a stacked column
I click on clustered and the columns don't change to reflect the gradient What do you mean by "to reflect the gradient"? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "petty" <petty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58AC32B4-0445-4231-8914-6C17784782D8@microsoft.com... >I click on clustered and the columns don't change to reflect the gradient ...

Not receiving e-mails
I have just started having problems with my e-mail. It will connect, receives and shows number of e-mails, but there is nothing in inbox. Need help to fix if possible. Do you have a filtered view set on your Inbox? Check View | Current View -- what does it show? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:290d01c4281c$330fb800$a301280a@phx.gbl, Taylor wrote: > I have just started having problems with my e-mail. It > will connect, receives and show...

Check queue on mail relay server?
Hi! I have a separate server to relay my e-mails to the outside world. The problem is that I can't see the queue on that server like you can if you have Exchange installed on it. Enviroment: Mailserver: Win2k Server with Exchange 2000 Relay: Win2k server with SMTP relay Reg J�rgen Persson Look for the Queue folder that is under the webroot I believe. there is no graphic user interface that you can view this with. You must view the folder where it is stored. this will show the e-mail in queue. if look around you can also find a bad mail folder that you might want to look at ...

need help related to mail
Hi everybody, I having problem in my organization that when internal users send mail to internal users sometimes it not reach to recipient and also not given notice to sender that mail delivery fail. Why its happen I don't know? Can anyone tell me how to troubleshoot and how to find out why its happen? But one more thing that in outlook its shows in send item box. then where is mail gone? Anybody tell m or guide me. Thanking you. Yours truly, Vicky Sam. You have to provide a little more information about your architecture before anyone will be able to help you. -- regards, ...

How do I change the color of the Picture fill Speckles ?
I am making memorial folders and I like the picture fill (Speckles) background option. Can I change the color of the speckles and how? I have tried but I cannot figure this out. Thanks for any help, Laurie On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 17:30:10 +0000, lmp wrote (in article <185807CB-47F2-4C3E-B51D-E972501D49C5@microsoft.com>): > I am making memorial folders and I like the picture fill (Speckles) > background option. Can I change the color of the speckles and how? I have > tried but I cannot figure this out. Thanks for any help, Laurie You have answered your own question. It is a gif...