cant send emails 02-14-10

I have tried everything you guys have suggested in the other posts, including
uninstalling and reinstalling the mail software. I have two email accounts &
neither will send.  It had been working since Nov 09 and just suddenly
stopped.  I have windows 7 & windows live mail. Here is the error I keep
getting:

inactivity.

This is the local server I use.
Subject 'Fw: Fwd: xoxo'
Server: 'smtp.acsalaska.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No

The connection to the server has failed.

Subject 'Fw: Fwd: Now, this is a DOG!'
Server: 'smtp.comcast.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 587
Secure(SSL): No
Socket Error: 10060

What does tech support have to say?
tech.support@acsalaska.net

Toll Free :
1-888-690-1930
7am-10pm

--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP- Windows Live Mail

"Sue" <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have tried everything you guys have suggested in the other posts,
> including
> uninstalling and reinstalling the mail software. I have two email accounts
> &
> neither will send.  It had been working since Nov 09 and just suddenly
> stopped.  I have windows 7 & windows live mail. Here is the error I keep
> getting:
>
> Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes
> for
> this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
> inactivity.
>
> This is the local server I use.
> Subject 'Fw: Fwd: xoxo'
> Server: 'smtp.acsalaska.net'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
> Protocol: SMTP
> Port: 25
> Secure(SSL): No
>
> The connection to the server has failed.
>
> Subject 'Fw: Fwd: Now, this is a DOG!'
> Server: 'smtp.comcast.net'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
> Protocol: SMTP
> Port: 587
> Secure(SSL): No
> Socket Error: 10060

0
Ron
2/15/2010 2:43:01 AM
I havent contacted them yet. I figured it must be a live mail problem being
it has worked for 3 months. But nothing seems to work so I will contact them
Monday and let you know. Thanks.

"Ron Sommer" wrote:

> What does tech support have to say?
> tech.support@acsalaska.net
>
> Toll Free :
> 1-888-690-1930
> 7am-10pm
>
> --
> Ron Sommer
> MS MVP- Windows Live Mail
>
> "Sue" <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have tried everything you guys have suggested in the other posts,
> > including
> > uninstalling and reinstalling the mail software. I have two email accounts
> > &
> > neither will send.  It had been working since Nov 09 and just suddenly
> > stopped.  I have windows 7 & windows live mail. Here is the error I keep
> > getting:
> >
> > Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes
> > for
> > this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
> > inactivity.
> >
> > This is the local server I use.
> > Subject 'Fw: Fwd: xoxo'
> > Server: 'smtp.acsalaska.net'
> > Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
> > Protocol: SMTP
> > Port: 25
> > Secure(SSL): No
> >
> > The connection to the server has failed.
> >
> > Subject 'Fw: Fwd: Now, this is a DOG!'
> > Server: 'smtp.comcast.net'
> > Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
> > Protocol: SMTP
> > Port: 587
> > Secure(SSL): No
> > Socket Error: 10060
>
> .

The error "unexpectedly terminated" is usually caused by interference
from an antivirus program. Which antivirus are you running?
As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off, see

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

"Sue" <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>I have tried everything you guys have suggested in the other posts, =
including=20
> uninstalling and reinstalling the mail software. I have two email =
accounts &=20
> neither will send.  It had been working since Nov 09 and just suddenly =

> stopped.  I have windows 7 & windows live mail. Here is the error I =
keep=20
> getting:
>=20
> Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible =
causes for=20
> this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of=20
> inactivity.
>=20
> This is the local server I use.
> Subject 'Fw: Fwd: xoxo'
> Server: 'smtp.acsalaska.net'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
> Protocol: SMTP
> Port: 25
> Secure(SSL): No
>=20
> The connection to the server has failed.
>=20
> Subject 'Fw: Fwd: Now, this is a DOG!'
> Server: 'smtp.comcast.net'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
> Protocol: SMTP
> Port: 587
> Secure(SSL): No
> Socket Error: 10060
0
Gary
2/16/2010 11:05:12 PM
I find  the  message in a post  I made 2/23/10 very similar to Sue's made in
this thread.  I have had this message ever since installing a new computer
using BellSouth and WLM.  I’m still getting it and had finally given up
thinking it must be a BellSouth problem because of all the bad things I'm
finding in threads about B. S. though I never actually found **this**
message as a problem with BellSouth users.

I have totally quit using my Anti-Virus to scan mail by uninstalling Avast
Anti-Virus and reinstalling leaving outgoing and incoming mail scan
unchecked as advised in my thread 2/23/10.

I have copied and pasted my message to compare with Sue's and set off the
similar part with asterisks so it can be compared easily..  Mine at one time
said OE on the end and changed to OF.

The reason I'm posting this is to see if Sue has found a solution to this
problem so that I might find the solution I've been hunting for almost 2
months.  Bell South offered no solution.

Or is this in fact a Windows Live Mail Error which that line names it?

Would appreciate any suggestion someone may have.  I'm at wit's end with
this mail problem...about 8 weeks into a new computer with same problem from
Day 1.

Barbara

***Barbara's MESSAGE RECEIVED:***
"Unable to send or receive messages for the mail.bellsouth.net account.
Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection.  Possible causes for
inactivity.

Server: pop.att.yahoo.com
*************************Windows Live Mail Error ID
0x800CCCOF***********************
Protocol:  POP 3
Port 995
Secure (SSL) yes"

NOTE:  Message Same as above at times includes:
Socket Error: 10060

***Sue's Message Received:***

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
> The error "unexpectedly terminated" is usually caused by interference
> from an antivirus program. Which antivirus are you running?
> As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off, see
> http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tutorials/email-scanning/index.htm

> Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "Sue" <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have tried everything you guys have suggested in the other posts,
>>including
>> uninstalling and reinstalling the mail software. I have two email
>> accounts &
>> neither will send.  It had been working since Nov 09 and just suddenly
>> stopped.  I have windows 7 & windows live mail. Here is the error I keep
>> getting:
>>
>> Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes
>> for
>> this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
>> inactivity.
>>
>> This is the local server I use.
>> Subject 'Fw: Fwd: xoxo'
>> Server: 'smtp.acsalaska.net'
>> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
>> Protocol: SMTP
>> Port: 25
>> Secure(SSL): No
>>
>> The connection to the server has failed.
>>
>> Subject 'Fw: Fwd: Now, this is a DOG!'
>> Server: 'smtp.comcast.net'
>> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
>> Protocol: SMTP
>> Port: 587
>> Secure(SSL): No
>> Socket Error: 10060

0
Barbara
3/8/2010 4:37:12 AM
Differences:
Yours:  BS Att                                             Sue:  Comcast &
acsalaska
Yours:  POP3 / 995 (receive mail)             Sue:  SMTP (send mail)
Yours:  SSL = Yes                                       Sue:  SSL = No
Yours:  Error - 0x800CCC0F                       Sue:  0x800CCCOE (Comcast)

 0x800CCCOF (acsalaska)

Moral:  Your errors are not alike - don't try to apply fixes for another
ISP, email provider, or operation, to your situation.

One thing to check / try - in Tools - Accounts - Servers tab - about halfway
down there is an "Email username" field.  Do you have the full email address
in there (barbara@email.net) or just the part before the "@" symbol
(barbara)?  Change that to the opposite of whichever you have (as I just
described) and see if it makes a difference.  My ISP requires only the first
part of my e-address, whereas all of my other email accounts require the
fully qualified address.

"Barbara" <bburke4034@yohoo.net> wrote in message
> [...]
>>>including
>>> uninstalling and reinstalling the mail software. I have two email
>>> accounts &
>>> neither will send.  It had been working since Nov 09 and just suddenly
>>> stopped.  I have windows 7 & windows live mail. Here is the error I keep
>>> getting:
>>>
>>> Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes
>>> for
>>> this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
>>> inactivity.
>>>
>>> This is the local server I use.
>>> Subject 'Fw: Fwd: xoxo'
>>> Server: 'smtp.acsalaska.net'
>>> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
>>> Protocol: SMTP
>>> Port: 25
>>> Secure(SSL): No
>>>
>>> The connection to the server has failed.

0
slk759
3/8/2010 6:14:10 AM
Your and Sue's situations are quite different

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/7087
Did you update your home page and email ?

Have you configured the outgoing smtp server for outgoing authentication ?
  - if necessary, it requires the same username/pw combination as the incoming server(pop3) and of the same form
(e.g. Your username might be your full e-mail address (e.g., "johndoe@example.com") or only the part before the "@" ("johndoe"),
depending on your service provider; check with them which is correct.

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

> [...]
>>>including
>>> uninstalling and reinstalling the mail software. I have two email
>>> accounts &
>>> neither will send.  It had been working since Nov 09 and just suddenly
>>> stopped.  I have windows 7 & windows live mail. Here is the error I keep
>>> getting:
>>>
>>> Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes
>>> for
>>> this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
>>> inactivity.
>>>
>>> This is the local server I use.
>>> Subject 'Fw: Fwd: xoxo'
>>> Server: 'smtp.acsalaska.net'
>>> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
>>> Protocol: SMTP
>>> Port: 25
>>> Secure(SSL): No
>>>
>>> The connection to the server has failed.

0
winston
3/8/2010 10:54:52 AM
Ok.  Thanks.  I'll accept that but my error did in the beginning have the OE
on the end (the difference I see in our errors)  I'm grasping at straws
having had this error for about 8 weeks with no solution.

 Note that though my **main** address has a bellsouth.net extension, the
mail settings were changed (drastically) by my ISP to att.yahoo settings.
They told me that my BellSouth settings would no longer work.

I started out putting in only the first part of my email address
(bburke4034) and didn't work.  BellSouth advised using the entire address as
they  require the entire address.

Thanks but I believe the whole address is correct because I got this from
BellSouth (AT&T/Yahoo) techs.  Appreciate any other thoughts you may have on
a solution to this pop up message I get at least once daily since Jan. 14.

Barbara

"slk759" <slk759@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>> Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection.  Possible causes
>> for
>> this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
>> inactivity.
>>
>> Server: pop.att.yahoo.com
>> *************************Windows Live Mail Error ID
>> 0x800CCCOF***********************
>> Protocol:  POP 3
>> Port 995
>> Secure (SSL) yes"
>>
>> NOTE:  Message Same as above at times includes:
>> Socket Error: 10060
>>
>> ***Sue's Message Received:***
>>
>> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
>>> The error "unexpectedly terminated" is usually caused by interference
>>> from an antivirus program. Which antivirus are you running?
>>> As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off, see

0
Barbara
3/8/2010 3:16:09 PM
Very interesting and useful site...thanks, but it is  also throwing me a
curve.   AT&T phone techs had me delete any settings that had been BellSouth
(except on end of my main mailind address)  and change to AT&T/Yahoo.

Now this site  http://www.dslreports.com/faq/7087 talks about "legacy
BellSouth" settings totally contrary to what telephone techs told me to do.

I'm not really having problems sending and receiving email---except **
receiving** from the most important one: my "remote"  tech!

My settings have been checked several times by my ISP's  telephone techs
which confirmed I need to use my entire address as my user name in mail
settings.

Thanks for your response...will check more of the FAQ's for a clue about
that pop up message about connection.

I did change my anti-virus so that it is not scanning email in either
direction.

Barbara

"...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>> Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection.  Possible causes
>> for
>> this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
>> inactivity.
>>
>> Server: pop.att.yahoo.com
>> *************************Windows Live Mail Error ID
>> 0x800CCCOF***********************
>> Protocol:  POP 3
>> Port 995
>> Secure (SSL) yes"
>>
>> NOTE:  Message Same as above at times includes:
>> Socket Error: 10060
>>
>> ***Sue's Message Received:***
>>
>> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
>>> The error "unexpectedly terminated" is usually caused by interference
>>> from an antivirus program. Which antivirus are you running?
>>> As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off, see

0
Barbara
3/8/2010 4:03:01 PM
What is this  (acsalaska) I see for me in the settings of  in the comparison
below:  YOURS: BS Att (acsalaska) It's repeated a couple of places in
relation to my server.

> [...]

>> Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection.  Possible causes
>> for
>> this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
>> inactivity.
>>
>> Server: pop.att.yahoo.com
>> *************************Windows Live Mail Error ID
>> 0x800CCCOF***********************
>> Protocol:  POP 3
>> Port 995
>> Secure (SSL) yes"
>>
>> NOTE:  Message Same as above at times includes:
>> Socket Error: 10060
>>
>> ***Sue's Message Received:***
>>
>> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
>>> The error "unexpectedly terminated" is usually caused by interference
>>> from an antivirus program. Which antivirus are you running?
>>> As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off, see

0
Barbara
3/8/2010 4:11:34 PM
Yes, I have " require outgoing authentication" checked.  Techs have checked
my settings a few times and found nothing to change since the ***drastic***
changes from BellSouth settings to AT&T/Yahoo settings.

> [...]

>> Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection.  Possible causes
>> for
>> this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
>> inactivity.
>>
>> Server: pop.att.yahoo.com
>> *************************Windows Live Mail Error ID
>> 0x800CCCOF***********************
>> Protocol:  POP 3
>> Port 995
>> Secure (SSL) yes"
>>
>> NOTE:  Message Same as above at times includes:
>> Socket Error: 10060
>>
>> ***Sue's Message Received:***
>>
>> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
>>> The error "unexpectedly terminated" is usually caused by interference
>>> from an antivirus program. Which antivirus are you running?
>>> As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off, see

0
Barbara
3/8/2010 4:15:16 PM
Did you try Windows Live Mail while Avast antivirus was uninstalled?

Did your computer ever have Norton or McAfee antivirus installed?
Most new computers come with a free trial version of those programs.
If yes, their uninstall needs to be followed up with a special removal =
tool:
Symantec (Norton):
http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039=

McAfee:=20
http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=3DTS100507

>I find  the  message in a post  I made 2/23/10 very similar to Sue's =
made in
> this thread.  I have had this message ever since installing a new =
computer
> using BellSouth and WLM.  I=E2=80=99m still getting it and had finally =
given up
> thinking it must be a BellSouth problem because of all the bad things =
I'm
> finding in threads about B. S. though I never actually found **this**=20
> message as a problem with BellSouth users.
>=20
> I have totally quit using my Anti-Virus to scan mail by uninstalling =
Avast=20
> [...]
>>> accounts &
>>> neither will send.  It had been working since Nov 09 and just =
suddenly
>>> stopped.  I have windows 7 & windows live mail. Here is the error I =
keep
>>> getting:
>>>
>>> Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible =
causes
>>> for
>>> this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
>>> inactivity.
>>>
>>> This is the local server I use.
>>> Subject 'Fw: Fwd: xoxo'
>>> Server: 'smtp.acsalaska.net'
>>> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
>>> Protocol: SMTP
>>> Port: 25
>>> Secure(SSL): No
>>>
>>> The connection to the server has failed.

0
Gary
3/8/2010 5:10:26 PM
Please post your latest error message.
Your statement (quoted below) is contrary to the subject title of this =
thread.

>=20
> I'm not really having problems sending and receiving email---except ** =

> receiving** from the most important one: my "remote"  tech!

0
Gary
3/8/2010 5:13:54 PM
Yes.  It is contrary to the title.  I posted because of the ** content** of
Sue's error message which I thought was similar to mine.  You and others in
the thread have my apology.

Barbara
> Please post your latest error message.
> Your statement (quoted below) is contrary to the subject title of this
> thread.

> Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "Barbara" <bburke4034@yohoo.net> wrote in message
>>
>> I'm not really having problems sending and receiving email---except **
>> receiving** from the most important one: my "remote"  tech!

0
Barbara
3/8/2010 7:35:06 PM
Gary, I moved your post to me today 11:10 CST and my reply to you to  thread
of 2/23 by Barbara:    Ox800CCCof Error message in WLM
I had dropped it there.... blaming on BellSouth, but after 2 months, I'm
trying again to find a solutoin.

Barbara

> [...]
>> Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection.  Possible causes
>> for
>> this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
>> inactivity.
>>
>> Server: pop.att.yahoo.com
>> *************************Windows Live Mail Error ID
>> 0x800CCCOF***********************
>> Protocol:  POP 3
>> Port 995
>> Secure (SSL) yes"
>>
>> NOTE:  Message Same as above at times includes:
>> Socket Error: 10060
>>
>> ***Sue's Message Received:***
>>
>> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
>>> The error "unexpectedly terminated" is usually caused by interference
>>> from an antivirus program. Which antivirus are you running?
>>> As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off, see

0
Barbara
3/8/2010 8:30:47 PM
So you are still getting the same error message which includes the
phrase "unexpectedly terminated"? That error message is usually=20
caused by interference from an antivirus program.=20

> Gary, I moved your post to me today 11:10 CST and my reply to you to  =
thread=20
> of 2/23 by Barbara:    Ox800CCCof Error message in WLM
> I had dropped it there.... blaming on BellSouth, but after 2 months, =
I'm=20
> [...]

problem=20
>>> from
>>> Day 1.
>>>
>>> Barbara
>>>

>>> ***Barbara's MESSAGE RECEIVED:***
>>> "Unable to send or receive messages for the mail.bellsouth.net =
account.
>>> Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection.  Possible =
causes=20
>>> for
>>> this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
>>> inactivity.
>>>
>>> Server: pop.att.yahoo.com
>>> *************************Windows Live Mail Error ID
>>> 0x800CCCOF***********************
>>> Protocol:  POP 3
>>> Port 995
>>> Secure (SSL) yes"
>>>
>>> NOTE:  Message Same as above at times includes:

I=20

0
Gary
3/9/2010 2:38:44 AM
All this has been done first week of setting up PC-- January 14 ---.  I'm
having problems posting to the group... trying a very short message to see
if I have better luck.

> So you are still getting the same error message which includes the
> phrase "unexpectedly terminated"? That error message is usually
> caused by interference from an antivirus program.
> Did your computer ever have Norton or McAfee antivirus installed?
> Most new computers come with a free trial version of those programs.
> If yes, their uninstall needs to be followed up with a special removal
> tool:
>
> Symantec (Norton):
> http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039
>
> McAfee:
> http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100507

> Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "Barbara" <bburke4034@yohoo.net> wrote in message
>> Gary, I moved your post to me today 11:10 CST and my reply to you to
>> thread
>> of 2/23 by Barbara:    Ox800CCCof Error message in WLM
>> I had dropped it there.... blaming on BellSouth, but after 2 months, I'm
>> trying again to find a solutoin.
>>
>> Barbara
>>
>> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
>>> Did you try Windows Live Mail while Avast antivirus was uninstalled?
>>>
>>> Did your computer ever have Norton or McAfee antivirus installed?
>>> Most new computers come with a free trial version of those programs.
>>> If yes, their uninstall needs to be followed up with a special removal
>>> tool:
>>> Symantec (Norton):
>>> http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039
>>>
>>> McAfee:
>>> http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100507
>>>
>>> --
>>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>>> Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>>

>>> "Barbara" <bburke4034@yohoo.net> wrote in message

0
Barbara
3/9/2010 2:06:15 PM
Miracle!  This short one went through.    There are a few posts moved to the
proper thread of 2/23 Barbara Subject line:  error message Ox800CCCof Error
message in WLM
that were sent y 3/8/10 at 2:30 p.m. CST.  If they don't suddenly appear
here, I will start a new thread if/when I can get through.  This I feel sure
is an ISP problem---BellSouth!

Thanks for bearing with me on this problem and hoping this message gets
through!

Barbara

> All this has been done first week of setting up PC-- January 14 ---.  I'm
> having problems posting to the group... trying a very short message to see
> if I have better luck.
>

> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
>> So you are still getting the same error message which includes the
>> phrase "unexpectedly terminated"? That error message is usually
>> caused by interference from an antivirus program.
>> Did your computer ever have Norton or McAfee antivirus installed?
>> Most new computers come with a free trial version of those programs.
>> If yes, their uninstall needs to be followed up with a special removal
>> tool:
>>
>> Symantec (Norton):
>> http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039
>>
>> McAfee:
>> http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100507
>>
>> --
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>

>> "Barbara" <bburke4034@yohoo.net> wrote in message
>>> Gary, I moved your post to me today 11:10 CST and my reply to you to
>>> thread
>>> of 2/23 by Barbara:    Ox800CCCof Error message in WLM
>>> I had dropped it there.... blaming on BellSouth, but after 2 months, I'm
>>> trying again to find a solutoin.
>>>
>>> Barbara
>>>
>>> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message

0
Barbara
3/9/2010 2:18:00 PM
Your recent posts are indeed coming through.
I'm not clear on what the current problem is. If you need further help, =
please
restate the current problem and include a copy of any error message.

> Miracle!  This short one went through.    There are a few posts moved =
to the=20
> proper thread of 2/23 Barbara Subject line:  error message Ox800CCCof =
Error=20
> message in WLM
> that were sent y 3/8/10 at 2:30 p.m. CST.  If they don't suddenly =
appear=20
> here, I will start a new thread if/when I can get through.  This I =
feel sure=20
> is an ISP problem---BellSouth!
>=20
> Thanks for bearing with me on this problem and hoping this message =
gets=20
> through!
>=20
> Barbara
>=20
>=20
>=20
> "Barbara" <bburke4034@yohoo.net> wrote in message=20
>> All this has been done first week of setting up PC-- January 14 ---.  =
I'm=20
>> having problems posting to the group... trying a very short message =
to see=20
>> if I have better luck.
>>

>> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message=20
>>> So you are still getting the same error message which includes the
>>> phrase "unexpectedly terminated"? That error message is usually
>>> caused by interference from an antivirus program.
>>> Did your computer ever have Norton or McAfee antivirus installed?
>>> Most new computers come with a free trial version of those programs.
>>> If yes, their uninstall needs to be followed up with a special =
removal=20
>>> tool:
>>>
>>> Symantec (Norton):
>>> =
http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039=

>>> McAfee:
>>> http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=3DTS100507
>>>
>>> --=20
>>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>>> Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>>

>>> "Barbara" <bburke4034@yohoo.net> wrote in message=20

http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039=

Sue's=20

Possible=20

0
Gary
3/9/2010 5:52:29 PM
I will delay starting a new thread  until I have spoken again --4th time--
to techs at Bellsouth.    FYI, I see *no* current posts on the original
thread referenced below.

Thanks for your recommendations!

Barbara

> Your recent posts are indeed coming through.
> I'm not clear on what the current problem is. If you need further help,
> please
> restate the current problem and include a copy of any error message.

> Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "Barbara" <bburke4034@yohoo.net> wrote in message
>> Miracle!  This short one went through.    There are a few posts moved to
>> the
>> proper thread of 2/23 Barbara Subject line:  error message Ox800CCCof
>> Error
>> message in WLM
>> that were sent y 3/8/10 at 2:30 p.m. CST.  If they don't suddenly appear
>> here, I will start a new thread if/when I can get through.  This I feel
>> sure
>> is an ISP problem---BellSouth!
>>
>> Thanks for bearing with me on this problem and hoping this message gets
>> through!
>>
>> Barbara
>>

>> "Barbara" <bburke4034@yohoo.net> wrote in message
>>> All this has been done first week of setting up PC-- January 14 ---.
>>> I'm
>>> having problems posting to the group... trying a very short message to
>>> see
>>> if I have better luck.
>>>

>>> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message

0
Barbara
3/9/2010 9:34:35 PM
What a find! Very interesting.  Thanks.

Talk about confused, I am!  When I talked to BellSouth techs (now
At&T/Yahoo), they advised me to delete the BellSouth settings I had imported
from my old computer and took me step by step through the new settings
saying BellSouth settings are totally out.

I **can** receive and send email except from the one I most need: a "remote"
tech with his own domain.

Legacy BellSouth customers that have not updated their homepage and email to
the new AT&T/Yahoo platform should use the Legacy BellSouth Email
Configuration Site.

The servers for Legacy BellSouth customers are:
POP3 email server address is mail.bellsouth.net.
SMTP email server address is mail.bellsouth.net.

> [...]

>> Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection.  Possible causes
>> for
>> this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
>> inactivity.
>>
>> Server: pop.att.yahoo.com
>> *************************Windows Live Mail Error ID
>> 0x800CCCOF***********************
>> Protocol:  POP 3
>> Port 995
>> Secure (SSL) yes"
>>
>> NOTE:  Message Same as above at times includes:
>> Socket Error: 10060
>>
>> ***Sue's Message Received:***
>>
>> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
>>> The error "unexpectedly terminated" is usually caused by interference
>>> from an antivirus program. Which antivirus are you running?
>>> As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off, see

0
Barbara
3/10/2010 12:24:30 AM
You're welcome

If you can send and receive for all except one person..it's not your settings..that issue lies with one or both of your isps.

Good luck.

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Barbara" <bburke4034@yohoo.net> wrote in message news:Oo0$Pg#vKHA.732@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> [...]
>>>
>>> Would appreciate any suggestion someone may have.  I'm at wit's end with
>>> this mail problem...about 8 weeks into a new computer with same problem
>>> from Day 1.
>>>
>>> Barbara
>>>

>>> ***Barbara's MESSAGE RECEIVED:***
>>> "Unable to send or receive messages for the mail.bellsouth.net account.
>>> Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection.  Possible causes
>>> for
>>> this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
>>> inactivity.
>>>
>>> Server: pop.att.yahoo.com
>>> *************************Windows Live Mail Error ID
>>> 0x800CCCOF***********************
>>> Protocol:  POP 3
>>> Port 995
>>> Secure (SSL) yes"
>>>
>>> NOTE:  Message Same as above at times includes:

0
winston
3/10/2010 10:02:45 AM
Sorry, offline a few days . . . . that was just a text wrapping issue . . .
.."plain text" doesn't format nicely like html . . . . . those were actually
under the Sue column, thought it would save my manual spacing but it didn't.

> [...]
>>>
>>> Would appreciate any suggestion someone may have.  I'm at wit's end with
>>> this mail problem...about 8 weeks into a new computer with same problem
>>> from Day 1.
>>>
>>> Barbara
>>>

>>> ***Barbara's MESSAGE RECEIVED:***
>>> "Unable to send or receive messages for the mail.bellsouth.net account.
>>> Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection.  Possible causes
>>> for
>>> this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
>>> inactivity.
>>>
>>> Server: pop.att.yahoo.com
>>> *************************Windows Live Mail Error ID
>>> 0x800CCCOF***********************
>>> Protocol:  POP 3
>>> Port 995
>>> Secure (SSL) yes"
>>>
>>> NOTE:  Message Same as above at times includes:

0
slk759

Outlook sending errors.
I have recently got a program that helps my spam and junk=20 problem called Mail Washer (V4.1). The program works great but I am having a problem with=20 Outlook 2002. When I try to send a message I receive a=20 error quoting: Task 'mail.garethmyles.com - Sending and Receiving'=20 reported error (0x800CCC7D) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP)=20 server does not support SSL-secured connections. If SSL- secured connections have worked in the past, contact your=20 server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). =20 The server responded: ?=1E?$for more information.' And Task &...

Bug in CFrameWnd::OnInitMenuPopup (MFC 7.10)
If the command update handler deletes the first entry on the menu, no update handlers are called for the remaining entries on the menu. This is due to a bug in the following section of code from winfrm.cpp(1382): // adjust for menu deletions and additions UINT nCount = pMenu->GetMenuItemCount(); if (nCount < state.m_nIndexMax) { state.m_nIndex -= (state.m_nIndexMax - nCount); while (state.m_nIndex < nCount && pMenu->GetMenuItemID(state.m_nIndex) == state.m_nID) { state.m_nIndex++; } } state.m_nIn...

receving email size limit
Hi, I have email send/receiving size limit setup for 5mb in exchange 2003 srv - globe setting/message delivery, but I'd like to permit certain users to receive emails > 5mb size, how can I set this up? I tried in user's exchange general setting/delivery restriction, it seems not working... do I have to restart anything after making changes? thanks al -- 007 You must override the global setting in the individual user account. ...

HELP with adding email accounts
I have Outlook 2000 and I am trying to add email accounts for my various businesses. I can add one and the other two give me the error message 0x800ccc0d. I run Windows XP and I am on DSL. Can anyone advise? Hi Wendy, WORKAROUND To work around this problem, use one of the following methods, depending on your situation. Method 1: Confirm that your e-mail server settings are correct For information about the correct settings for your e-mail server, contact your Internet service provider (ISP) or system administrator. Note Some ISPs do not permit message routing through another SMTP ser...

junk email has a mind of it's own
Help would be appreciated. Using Outlook from Office 2000. Some mail I want is being diverted stright to the junk mail folder. I get the new mail box, not mail in the inbox and the new mail in junk. In the past this meant that I had accidentally sent an email to junk. I go to the list and delete the entry, but in this case, there is no entry to deleye, but it still is sent to junk. I have had to turn my junk filter off. Any idea where this is located and how to flush it so I can get this mail normally? TIA Phil Phil <flipspam@cospamco.ca> wrote: \> Using Outlook from Office 2...

Can not send
I can not send messages in outlook. I can receive ok. I have sent myself e-mails from outlook express so I know my sever is ok. If I use send receive it says that the task is complete but the message is still in the outbox. if I open the message in outbox and then send I get this error message(0x80040601). I am using office 2000. I have uninstalled and re installed first outlook and the office no luck. Same thing. Any subjections would be great. Thanks , Norman ...

Moving email folders, accounts, rules etc from Outlook 2003 to 200
Please would you be willing to help me [a raw beginner] to retrieve email folders, the emails in the folders, accounts, rules etc from harddrive with Outlook 2003 and Windows XP, and move them successfully to new laptop with Outlook 2007 [Windows 7]. So far I have 1. searched for all pst files on old harddrive and copied all of them to memory stick using another XP laptop. Could not successfully do with the new laptop due to "access" issues. 2. imported pst files to outlook 2007--contacts folders arrived, calendar arrived, some of inbox, some of deleted, some of sen...

eConnect 10.0 SDK (version prior to SP1 & SP2)?
Hi All, I am reposting this question, as I am yet to succeed in finding the correct link to this download. I need eConnect 10.0 SDK, version prior to SP2, since SP2 require the basic version to be present. And I do not have this installed. I checked PartnerSource, but it is leading me to SP2 install page. I sincerely hope someone assist me in finding the correct link in PartnerSource. -- Regards, Vaidy https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/downloads/servicepacks/eConnect10DownloadsforMicrosoftDynamicsGP10.htm "Vaidy" wrote: > > Hi All, > > I am repostin...

Only receiving some of my emails
I had 3 identities in OE (business and personal). I'm not happy with the change to Windows Mail, but I set up the 3 accounts with their own folders just fine and emails were downloaded immediately. (I didn't do any importing yet.) Today I open my email to find only a few new messages dated today, e.g., my personal acct. folder had one new msg., which is unheard of. In the setup, I had checked the box to leave msgs. on server, so I checked my ISP server's webmail to discover that I had 25 new msgs. in my personal email account. Why did only 1 of the 25 msgs. come ...

finding 600 emails in a column
Hi! Thank you for taking the time to read this. I run an internet retail business. We advertise on search engine large and small. I have to make a decision on whether or not one of our smaller ad site is paying off. Basically, the ad site supplies us with a list o POTENTIAL CUSTOMER emails. We send out monthly promotional emails t them. Now i need to track these emails to see if any of them have becom ESTABLISHED CUSTOMERS. So far, I fed information from our main data base of ESTABLISHE CUSTOMERS into EXCELL so all the ESTABLISHED CUSTOMER emails are in on column. But i don't kn...

Delay sending mass emails until the evening?
Hi there, In work, we use Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003. Is there a way that a user can manually choose to send a mass-email email with a delay? i.e. after hours? For example, we have users who might send an email to 50 people, with a 500kb attachment. Rather than do this in working hours (and slow down our Citrix network), I'd prefer it if they could manually choose for it to be sent in the evening. However, the only way I can figure out how to do this, is to to into the email options and choose to 'not send before' a certain time. However, this keeps the email in q...

How do I get email in Outlook Express on an XP machine into Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 Machine?
The instructions for importing Outlook Express files from another machine assume that Outlook Express can be run on the target machine. I don't believe there is a way to do that on a Windows 2007 machine. So How do I accomplish this? On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 18:03:05 -0800, MikeH <mikeh@somewhere.net> wrote: > The instructions for importing Outlook Express files from another > machine assume that Outlook Express can be run on the target machine. I > don't believe there is a way to do that on a Windows 2007 machine. So > How do I accomplish this? F...

Contacts with 2 or more Email addresses
I have a couple of contacts that have more than one email address. When I send an email, it wants to send it to ALL there email address when I ricght click on a persons contact name and choose create a new mail message. Is there a way to make it default to a certain email address? I have office 2007 on Windows XP delete the addresses you don;'t want to include. The send to contact action doesn't have a way to identify the address you wish to use, so rather than pop up a dialog first, it adds all the addresses so you can choose which address (or send to all). -- Diane Poremsky...

Managing spam emails
Hello, I have recently started using Outlook 2k3 and have a couple of questions about handling spam emails. I know you can just right-click on the Junk folder and delete all the messages inside. But, I like to at least preview the message list in the Junk folder before deleting everything, so that I can make sure that messages I want aren't being misdirected there and deleted by mistake. I know that often, just opening a spam email will activate an invisible "web bug" in web-based email that alerts the spammer that you've opened their message, and then they send you...

Emailing information from a query
I would like to email the information from a query in the body of my email message, Ex. Query Name.emaildates with the following 3 fields id# date due assigned to 0001 05/01/2007 M. Smith 0002 05/02/2007 J. Smith etc Can someone please help. I looked at http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/email/formatted.htm. but that totally confused me. ...

OWA with multiple email addresses
I currently have SBS 2003 w/ Exchange. I have the 2 SMTP domains assigned to the default recipient policy so I can assign the 2nd domain to the people that I choose and remove it from the people that I don't want to have it. Currently, they can log into OWA with their account to check email, but they want to be able to send email from either of the 2 email addresses (just like everyone else in this discussion group). Can I accomplish this by setting up 2 mailboxes for each email address and have them log into OWA using their entire email address as the username? If so, how do I ...

send to mail all the context
I need to send by mail all the context of a folder something like "z:\transmission\*.*" but it doesn´t work like this. I nned to do this becouse not always are the sema names for the files, they can change, but I always have to send them no matters the name they have. Try this for thr files in the folder C:\Data Sub Mail_workbooks_Outlook() Dim FNames As String Dim MyPath As String Dim SaveDriveDir As String Dim OutApp As Object Dim OutMail As Object SaveDriveDir = CurDir MyPath = "C:\Data" '<----- Change this path ChDri...

pivot table 05-01-10
I have data on two worksheet and i want to analize data by consolidate them togeter.How can i use pivot table? -- meihua meihua;950632 Wrote: > I have data on two worksheet and i want to analize data by consolidate > them > togeter.How can i use pivot table? > > -- > meihua Option 1. Yes, you can use mutliple sheets connected to single pivot. choose, Multiple consolidation ranges option in Pivot table and Pivot Chart Wizard - step 1 of 3. Option 2. It is better to get the all data into single sheet and use pivot. thanks bala --...

test 04-22-10
;lgplfoblgh^p-bvof Your test worked, but your spell check didn't. Test Newsgroup: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.test.here -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "claire labrecque" <clabreque@videotron.ca> wrote in message news:ur%23FbEd4KHA.5324@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > ;lgplfoblgh^p-bvof ...

Sent Email is deleted
After I sent my email they get deleted. I use to see them inside the sent item directory but know I they get deleted after they are sent . Any thing I should change in order to keet the email I sent Thank you for help Go to Tools, then Options. Under the Preferences Tab, click on Email Options. Make sure the 4th check box is checked. "msw" <moataz@warshanna.com> wrote in message news:e58pFrOyDHA.604@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > After I sent my email they get deleted. I use to see them inside the sent > item directory but know I they get deleted after they are sent . ...

Help! Lost all email from inbox
Hi, hoping someone can advise me. Somehow my fingers fumbled when reaching for mouse to open an email and every email in my inbox disappeared. I have outlook 2000 and do have it set to automatically delete when i highlight and press delete key. But in this case, i didnt highlight anything and must have hit some combination of keys and poof - over 100 emails from inbox disappeared. They are not in deleted items folder and many were not even opened yet. tia kate <kate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, hoping someone can advise me. Somehow my fingers fumbled when >...

CRM Certification 10-25-06
I'm wanting to get certified for "Installing and Configuring CRM 3.0" (exam MB2-421), but I can't seem to find ANY info on the Microsoft site, nor can I find training materials. Am I missing something? Any ideas where I can get more info on this exam? -- Brandon ================== Presentations Direct - http://www.presentationsdirect.com > Binding Machines http://www.presentationsdirect.com/binding-machines/gbc-binding-machines.asp > Laminators http://www.presentationsdirect.com/laminators/gbc-laminators.asp > Paper Shredders http://www.p...

Formula question 03-03-10
I am trying to complete the following. In s141 i have a drop list with 'yes' and 'no' as possiblities. In x141 i have a drop list with 3 possible choices, .02 , .04 , or .08 g141 is the originating cell p159 is the answer cell. if s141 remains empty or has 'no' chosen from the drop list i need p159 to remain blank, however if 'yes' is in s141 then i need the answer from g141 multiplied by .02 or .04 or .08 (which ever one is chosen from the drop list in x141) to be displayed in p159. Can anybody help? Thanks in advance. Scoob...

Lebans tooltip control 10-28-07
I am trying to use the tooltip control on a form with a tab control, on which are the other controls I want to show information for. On controls that are outside the tab control, it works fine; on controls inside the tab control, the tooltip shows on text boxes only when they have the focus, and on check boxes not at all. I've tried every naming scheme for controls I can think of, without any luck. Anybody have any ideas about this??? Is it the same problem as using a subform???? I am using ACCESS 2003 -- Jack Walsh ...

Outlook Express Imported Email
I've recently imported mail from Outlook express to Outlook 2007. The "From" fied of all the old imported email does not display the email address. It just shows the sends full name. I therefore cannot reply to old email or click on the From field and add the email address to my contacts. Anyone come across this problem before? thanks, "Pryan" <Pryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B86DF03-5BC4-40B3-ADE4-F73674833190@microsoft.com... > I've recently imported mail from Outlook express to Outlook 2007. It's be...