cannot maximize Windows Live Mail page

Hi, I have Windows 7, and every thing has been working fine until yesterday 
when
 my Windows Live Mail stopped  showing the right border were you can scroll, 
minimize , maximize or close . The left border does not go to the end of the 
screen, so I still can see the icons in the desktop. I cannot maximize the 
screen because the upper corner is not visible. I tried with the double 
pointed arrow but the margin does not move.
Any info about how to get the full screen?.
Thanks
Doc
 

0
doc
3/23/2010 3:30:13 PM
windows.live.mail.desktop 2735 articles. 9 followers. Follow

7 Replies
1170 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 30

Grab the corners of the window and the blue banner to get the screen to 
the size you want. Do not use Maximize. Close all other windows first via 
the Taskbar and this one last. Windows will remember the *last* screen 
size used the next time you open the program.
-- 
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]
      Imperial Beach, CA


"doc" <rapadura@nospam.tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message 
news:u9iF82pyKHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Hi, I have Windows 7, and every thing has been working fine until 
> yesterday when
> my Windows Live Mail stopped  showing the right border were you can 
> scroll, minimize , maximize or close . The left border does not go to 
> the end of the screen, so I still can see the icons in the desktop. I 
> cannot maximize the screen because the upper corner is not visible. I 
> tried with the double pointed arrow but the margin does not move.
> Any info about how to get the full screen?.
> Thanks
> Doc
>
> 

0
Bruce
3/23/2010 3:39:14 PM
Bruce, the screen only goes up or down. It does not go sideways(I want it to 
go left). I don't know what you mean by blue banner. I do not see any in my 
mail screen. The scroll bar on the right side does not show. To read below 
the lower edge I have to use the mouth wheel.
Doc

"Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message 
news:#vVM87pyKHA.5940@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Grab the corners of the window and the blue banner to get the screen to 
> the size you want. Do not use Maximize. Close all other windows first via 
> the Taskbar and this one last. Windows will remember the *last* screen 
> size used the next time you open the program.
> -- 
>           Bruce Hagen
>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>      Imperial Beach, CA
>
>
> "doc" <rapadura@nospam.tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message 
> news:u9iF82pyKHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> Hi, I have Windows 7, and every thing has been working fine until 
>> yesterday when
>> my Windows Live Mail stopped  showing the right border were you can 
>> scroll, minimize , maximize or close . The left border does not go to the 
>> end of the screen, so I still can see the icons in the desktop. I cannot 
>> maximize the screen because the upper corner is not visible. I tried with 
>> the double pointed arrow but the margin does not move.
>> Any info about how to get the full screen?.
>> Thanks
>> Doc
>>
>>
> 
0
doc
3/23/2010 6:03:43 PM
Incidentally, you should also be able to scroll vertically by using the=20
spacebar, and with the up/down arrow keys.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com


"doc" <rapadura@nospam.tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message =
news:%23kLbtMryKHA.5036@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Bruce, the screen only goes up or down. It does not go sideways(I want =
it to=20
> go left). I don't know what you mean by blue banner. I do not see any =
in my=20
> mail screen. The scroll bar on the right side does not show. To read =
below=20
> the lower edge I have to use the mouth wheel.
> Doc
>=20
> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message=20
> news:#vVM87pyKHA.5940@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Grab the corners of the window and the blue banner to get the screen =
to=20
>> the size you want. Do not use Maximize. Close all other windows first =
via=20
>> the Taskbar and this one last. Windows will remember the *last* =
screen=20
>> size used the next time you open the program.
>> --=20
>>           Bruce Hagen
>>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>>      Imperial Beach, CA
>>
>>
>> "doc" <rapadura@nospam.tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message=20
>> news:u9iF82pyKHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>> Hi, I have Windows 7, and every thing has been working fine until=20
>>> yesterday when
>>> my Windows Live Mail stopped  showing the right border were you can=20
>>> scroll, minimize , maximize or close . The left border does not go =
to the=20
>>> end of the screen, so I still can see the icons in the desktop. I =
cannot=20
>>> maximize the screen because the upper corner is not visible. I tried =
with=20
>>> the double pointed arrow but the margin does not move.
>>> Any info about how to get the full screen?.
>>> Thanks
>>> Doc
>>>
>>>
>>
0
Gary
3/23/2010 6:13:47 PM
Did you by any chance change the W7 desktop personalization options to 
"larger text"?  I've seen that change "relocate" the WLM windows so that 
they are just off the right-hand side of the screen.  You should be able to 
"drag" them to the left and resize them using the title bar and left border.


"doc" <rapadura@nospam.tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message 
news:u9iF82pyKHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Hi, I have Windows 7, and every thing has been working fine until 
> yesterday when
> my Windows Live Mail stopped  showing the right border were you can 
> scroll, minimize , maximize or close . The left border does not go to the 
> end of the screen, so I still can see the icons in the desktop. I cannot 
> maximize the screen because the upper corner is not visible. I tried with 
> the double pointed arrow but the margin does not move.
> Any info about how to get the full screen?.
> Thanks
> Doc
>
> 
0
slk759
3/23/2010 6:17:57 PM
Grab the window at the top, the same section where the buttons are that 
you can't see, and you should be able to drag the screen to the left.
-- 
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]
      Imperial Beach, CA


"doc" <rapadura@nospam.tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message 
news:%23kLbtMryKHA.5036@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Bruce, the screen only goes up or down. It does not go sideways(I want 
> it to go left). I don't know what you mean by blue banner. I do not see 
> any in my mail screen. The scroll bar on the right side does not show. 
> To read below the lower edge I have to use the mouth wheel.
> Doc
>
> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message 
> news:#vVM87pyKHA.5940@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Grab the corners of the window and the blue banner to get the screen to 
>> the size you want. Do not use Maximize. Close all other windows first 
>> via the Taskbar and this one last. Windows will remember the *last* 
>> screen size used the next time you open the program.
>> -- 
>>           Bruce Hagen
>>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>>      Imperial Beach, CA
>>
>>
>> "doc" <rapadura@nospam.tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message 
>> news:u9iF82pyKHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>> Hi, I have Windows 7, and every thing has been working fine until 
>>> yesterday when
>>> my Windows Live Mail stopped  showing the right border were you can 
>>> scroll, minimize , maximize or close . The left border does not go to 
>>> the end of the screen, so I still can see the icons in the desktop. I 
>>> cannot maximize the screen because the upper corner is not visible. I 
>>> tried with the double pointed arrow but the margin does not move.
>>> Any info about how to get the full screen?.
>>> Thanks
>>> Doc
>>>
>>>
>> 

0
Bruce
3/23/2010 6:18:53 PM
Bruce, IT WORKED !!! Thanks.
Doc

"Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message 
news:#wjdJVryKHA.3264@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Grab the window at the top, the same section where the buttons are that 
> you can't see, and you should be able to drag the screen to the left.
> -- 
>           Bruce Hagen
>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>      Imperial Beach, CA
>
>
> "doc" <rapadura@nospam.tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message 
> news:%23kLbtMryKHA.5036@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Bruce, the screen only goes up or down. It does not go sideways(I want it 
>> to go left). I don't know what you mean by blue banner. I do not see any 
>> in my mail screen. The scroll bar on the right side does not show. To 
>> read below the lower edge I have to use the mouth wheel.
>> Doc
>>
>> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message 
>> news:#vVM87pyKHA.5940@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>> Grab the corners of the window and the blue banner to get the screen to 
>>> the size you want. Do not use Maximize. Close all other windows first 
>>> via the Taskbar and this one last. Windows will remember the *last* 
>>> screen size used the next time you open the program.
>>> -- 
>>>           Bruce Hagen
>>>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>>>      Imperial Beach, CA
>>>
>>>
>>> "doc" <rapadura@nospam.tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message 
>>> news:u9iF82pyKHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>> Hi, I have Windows 7, and every thing has been working fine until 
>>>> yesterday when
>>>> my Windows Live Mail stopped  showing the right border were you can 
>>>> scroll, minimize , maximize or close . The left border does not go to 
>>>> the end of the screen, so I still can see the icons in the desktop. I 
>>>> cannot maximize the screen because the upper corner is not visible. I 
>>>> tried with the double pointed arrow but the margin does not move.
>>>> Any info about how to get the full screen?.
>>>> Thanks
>>>> Doc
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
> 
0
doc
3/23/2010 6:44:22 PM
You're welcome. Glad it's fixed.
-- 
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]
      Imperial Beach, CA


"doc" <rapadura@nospam.tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message 
news:Or2JbjryKHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Bruce, IT WORKED !!! Thanks.
> Doc
>
> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message 
> news:#wjdJVryKHA.3264@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> Grab the window at the top, the same section where the buttons are that 
>> you can't see, and you should be able to drag the screen to the left.
>> -- 
>>           Bruce Hagen
>>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>>      Imperial Beach, CA
>>
>>
>> "doc" <rapadura@nospam.tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message 
>> news:%23kLbtMryKHA.5036@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>> Bruce, the screen only goes up or down. It does not go sideways(I want 
>>> it to go left). I don't know what you mean by blue banner. I do not 
>>> see any in my mail screen. The scroll bar on the right side does not 
>>> show. To read below the lower edge I have to use the mouth wheel.
>>> Doc
>>>
>>> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message 
>>> news:#vVM87pyKHA.5940@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>>> Grab the corners of the window and the blue banner to get the screen 
>>>> to the size you want. Do not use Maximize. Close all other windows 
>>>> first via the Taskbar and this one last. Windows will remember the 
>>>> *last* screen size used the next time you open the program.
>>>> -- 
>>>>           Bruce Hagen
>>>>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>>>>      Imperial Beach, CA
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> "doc" <rapadura@nospam.tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message 
>>>> news:u9iF82pyKHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>>> Hi, I have Windows 7, and every thing has been working fine until 
>>>>> yesterday when
>>>>> my Windows Live Mail stopped  showing the right border were you can 
>>>>> scroll, minimize , maximize or close . The left border does not go 
>>>>> to the end of the screen, so I still can see the icons in the 
>>>>> desktop. I cannot maximize the screen because the upper corner is 
>>>>> not visible. I tried with the double pointed arrow but the margin 
>>>>> does not move.
>>>>> Any info about how to get the full screen?.
>>>>> Thanks
>>>>> Doc
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>> 

0
Bruce
3/23/2010 6:49:17 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

How can a different web page (aspx) access anothers session variab
Hello Community Using ASP.NET, C# and Sql Server I produce a report by declaring session variable and passing the variables to a report like so: Session["ssnum"] = varssnum; Session["lname"] = varlname; Session["fname"] = varfname; Session["dob"] = vardob; Session["phone"] = varphone; ResponseHelper.Redirect("lFolder/reports.aspx?varssnum;=" + row.Cells[1].Text + "&varlname=" + row.Cells[2].Text + "&varfname=" + row.Cells[3].Text + "&vardob=" + row.Cells[4].Text + ...

Sales Transaction Entry Window-GP 10
I am doing testing with GP 10 and noticed that they have moved the actions you could do on the sales transaction entry window (transfer, purchase, etc.) from buttons to within the actions drop down menu. I know my users will have a fit when we upgrade since they generate PO's from the sales transaction window all the time. Is there a setting somewhere in GP10 that you can have it have the buttons on the window instead? Thanks! Jennifer, You could add a button on the screen with Modifier and add the screen and the button object to VBA, where you can then call the Purchase Order...

Mail Server Host Name
We are running Exchange 5.5 and host our own mail. Can someone tell me where I can find the Host Name of our mail server? On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 08:11:38 -0400, "Debbie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are running Exchange 5.5 and host our own mail. Can someone tell me where >I can find the Host Name of our mail server? > Its the name of the server. ...

E-mail address Masking
Hi, My security team has come-up with a recommendation to mask the e-mail id's for the incoming e-mail from our customer's. Actually the e-mail is sent to lot of people internally in the organization through a common group and our Security team want to avoid exposing the e-mail address of Sender or that e-mail & also the cc. We are using Exchange 2003 & client is Outlook & OWA. Can some one suggest me an option which will hide all the e-mail address and will just display the name of the sender. Siva. Script or on your inbound SMTP gateway with a rule ( Tumbleweed...

mail deleted from public folders
Hello, I have a problem regarding mail in a public folder. Part of the mails has been deleted by accident. I have a backup in which these mails have been backed up but it is not very recent and I cannot just restore the backup as I will loose some of the more recent mail in the folder. Can anyone point me in the right direction: How can I restore part of a public folder from backup? I'm running ex2k3 ent and std. on w2kserver and w2k3server Kind regards, David http://support.microsoft.com/kb/180117 http://searchwin2000.techtarget.com/tip/1,289483,sid1_gci931903,00.html?offer=e...

RMSHQ on Windows Server 2008
Anybody have experience running the RMS Headquarders Server & Client on a Windows Server 2008 operating system? We are looking to upgrade our application server to Windows Server 2008. On this server i would need to be able to run the RMS HQ Server and the HQ Client application. Just curious if anybody has good or bad news about running these applications on Windwos Server 2008. Thanks in advance for your feedback. -- Regards, Andy Miller DirectPOS - Boise, Idaho andym@directpos.com (208) 376-8121 x244 www.directpos.com I'm not sure yet but we run HQ v1.2 and just p...

Front Page and Mozilla
My web page links will in IE but will not work in Mozilla. I created a table for my main page navigation links. Any help would be appreciated. Asking your question in the FrontPage/Expression Web group would be a great start. Asking in here where we use none of the four products involved is unlikely to get you far � this group is dedicated to Microsoft Office for Macintosh. That said, the only thing I can think of is that you have typed web addresses into your table, rather than inserting Hyperlinks. Study the syntax for the HTML Anchor tag. IE has the ability to "auto sense" ...

Tutorial On Using Windows Vista Compressed Files Capabilities
Where can I find a link or tutorial on using Windows Vista's Compressed Files Capabilities? I am of need to create several Zipped Compressed Files. I am not interested in third party software. Thank you Eddy. Very simple - Right click the file ( or Files ) and from the context menu place your pointer over "Send To". From the secondary menu choose "Compressed (Zipped) File". "Eddy" <Eddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E75733F-4757-4253-9277-BC15273789C7@microsoft.com... > Where can I find a link or tutorial on usi...

Removing Look for: Account option in the Look Up Records window
Hello again, I have another question: when I click the lookup button of the "Customer" field on, e.g. new "Invoice" form, a Look Up Records pops up. The re are two options for selecting a customer there in a drop-down: "Account" and "Contact". I would like to remove "Account" so that the customer could only be selected from "Contacts": I was unable to find the way to do it. Thank you in advance, Hrvoje I think you could remove it by using javascript and removing the account type code of the typecodes property of the lookup ...

Present Power : Windows XP/Vista,Linux,Unix & Networks .
Present Power : Windows XP/Vista,Linux,Unix & Networks . Check all of these at , http://windowsdatabase.blogspot.com Lot more new trends are in queue,so visiting it for instant updates. ...

WDK 7.1 Mirror driver, INF file fail on windows 7 64bits
Hi, I'm trying to install the mirror driver sample given in the WDK 7.0 (rev 7600.16385.1) but I'm unable to execute the .inf file. I tried the following ways : - Right click -> install Error : "The INF file you selected doest not support this method of installation" - Using the device manager -> Add legacy hardware -> on Display adapter -> select the path to mirror.inf Error : "The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for you device". - Using DevCon.exe by doing "devcon instal...

Lost Mail
We have multiple domains on oru Exchaneg 2003. One of the domain is not receiving mail. When I sent from hotmail to that domain I dont get any bounce back. Where are the mails going? Advise please. Thank you. have you tried any message tracing on the Exchange servers? any AV or anti-spam/content-filtering that might be interfering? you might want to turn up logging on the smtp protocol... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "WILDPACKET" <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A4288C1-4CA9-4B77-95CB-BEB64EF5F595@microsoft.com... > We have multiple domain...

Keyboard does not start after Windows XP starts up
Hello! A computer had a really bad virus with lots of pop-ups. I performed a completed hard drive format and clean install of Windows XP Professional. When the computer boots up, the keyboard comes on and the computer goes to windows. The computer does not have a PS/2 port, only USB ports. The USB mouse works, the keyboard does not work. I have tried using a different keyboard, plugging the keyboard into different USB ports, including the port the mouse was using. Nothing. I tried logging into safe mode, nothing. I reset the board by pulling up the little pin and...

deleted e-mail address still appears
I deleted an e-mail address, and it no longer appears in my contact list BUT, the first three letters of the deleted name are the same as another contact and the deleted contact still comes up first. I've tried changing the properties with no luck. Any ideas? As you type the first three letters of the name and the two different names popup, use the arrow keys to select the wring name and click the delete key on teh keyboard. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 "pebseattle@seanet.com" <anonymous@discussions.mic...

Dynamics Workflow windows in Dynamics
Hi there I have installed Dynamics Workflow for Dynamics version 10 successfully. I have created a simple Purchase Order workflow. I have clicked the Activate Workflow button in this company. However when the users capture a Purchase Order it does not have the additional workflow compnonents on the Purchase Order window e.g. Submit etc. I have logged out and back in again. What am I missing? Regards Robin The workflow functionality in GP 10 requires the deployment of MOSS 2007 (Enterprise Edition). Not a trivial thing. "Robinv" wrote: > Hi there > > I have ...

Fax component in Windows XP Service Pack 3
I have Win XP Home with Service Pack 3. It will not let me installation the Fax Component as described in the Installation section. I have tried using all the different ways mentioned in the trouble shooting guide but it won't install. It shows that it is trying to install and will create an icon in the Add new Printer and Fax group. But when you click on the Fax icon and click properties. It gives the error that the printer is either not correctly installed or not connected to the server. Any ideas? =?Utf-8?B?QW5vbw==?= <Anoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

windows firewall
Hello, I have a sbs2008 server, all seems to be running fine on it. Just did a BPA for exchange 2007. It tells me the windows firewall is running. Should it be? I have a hardware firewall, and I don't remember turning on the windows firewall when I did the migration. TIA In article <#CCXKVkOLHA.5668@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, no@way.com says... > I have a sbs2008 server, all seems to be running fine on it. Just did a BPA > for exchange 2007. It tells me the windows firewall is running. Should it > be? I have a hardware firewall, and I don't remem...

secure internal mail
we are using exchange 2000 with POP3 users. I wants internel users to first authenticate before sending message. I tried POP before SMTP setting but it is working for external users. Internally or locally it is not working. How can i restrict internal user to first authenticate then send mail to another user of same domain You can set this in virtual server properties. Keep in mind that once spammers find out valid credentials they will use your server as relay. Faisal wrote: > we are using exchange 2000 with POP3 users. I wants internel users to first > authenticate before sendin...

Problem with task creation from e-mails.
Hi everybody! We trying to create a task from an e-mail. We move the e-mail from the inbox to the task icon and the task is showed as a simple nice created task. But when we try that task to save and close, we got this error: "Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid" We check of course all details, time, when, and if another information lack, anyway everything is OK. This is happen every time. We have MS-Office XP Prof. SP3 and MS-Outlook connect to Ex2k3. Thanx and Regards, Luciano ...

Unhide the Application Window
I have vba code in an Access program that calls and manipulates data in an Excel spreadsheet. All the manipulation code works fine. This spreadsheet is unsecured (by design) and can be viewed by anyone. The problem is that after my code works on the file, the next time it is opened (not by any code) the application is hidden and the user must go to the menu bar and manually unhide the window. Is there code to rectify this situation? *****Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training & Add-ins. Free Excel Forum & Business Software***** This is a guess. If your users...

mail #6
e-mail will not send it just goes straight to outbox When you complete your message and press send, it's only placed in the 'Outbox' until you click the "Send/Receive" button on the main Outlook window. You can also create settings where the 'Send/Receive' action occurs automatically. It seems redundant, however it's made this way so messages can be created 'off-line' and staged to send once a internet connection is established. >-----Original Message----- >e-mail will not send it just goes straight to outbox >. > ...

WLM spends way too much time "checking mail"!
Riddle me that, por favor. -- Mark What type of account? Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a redundant layer of protection that eats up CPUs, slows down sending and receiving, and causes a multitude of problems such as time-outs, account setting changes and has even been responsible for loss of messages. Your up-to-date A/V program will continue to protect you sufficiently. For more, see: http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3 Why you don't need your anti-virus to scan your email http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tutorials/email-scanning/index.htm...

Changing view of a new mail message
If you are having problems with the view when composing new messages in Outlook and font is to large try this: Open new message, go to Tab that says format text, then on the menu on the top you will see a zoom button. Click on zoom button and decrease size of zoom. ...

How to forward mails to pvt a/c setting rules??
I've created a rule to forward all my mails in company's mail a/c to my gmail id, setting the rule. Now the problem is the rule is not working. if i set any other office id in the rule, it works fine. but not to gmail or yahoo. Can you find out the solution for it? Is it due to security policy by company's mail server? -- ashley9march "ashley9march" <ashley9march.3732c6e@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:ashley9march.3732c6e@outlookbanter.com... > > I've created a rule to forward all my mails in company's mail a/c to my > gmail id, se...

Page Problems
In my database I am using Access 2002, and I found the best way to display the information that I have is by using pages which works fine on the computer I created the database on. However, when I try to transfer the database and all the pages to another computer I get error messages when trying to display these pages which say "Data Provider Could Not Be Initialized" followed by "Disk or Network Error" Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated! ...