Can't Send or Receive Mail in WLM

I'm running Vista HP (SP2),  with 2 GB of RAM, Windows Defender, Spyware
Doctor, MBAM, SAS.  All of a sudden I can't receive or send mail. Getting
error message in WLM of 0X800CCC0F.  Newsgroup messages download ok and I
can see my contacts and calendar ok. I can access the internet with Firefox
just fine. I Googled the error code and tried looking for suspicious
certificates in `certmgr.msc' but am really not sure what to look for, or
what to do.  Here's the exact error message:

"Unable to send or receive messages for the Paul's WLM account. Your server
has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include
server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Server: 'pop-server.cfl.rr.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No"

I also get a server error message when I try to read my mail through my
RoadRunner mail server or using `Mail2web' so something appears wrong at the
server end of things.

Not sure what to do other than doing a restart. Any help would be
appreciated...........Paul C.

0
Paul

If it was working and you haven't made any changes, then it's likely the
server and you need to call Road Runner about it.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"Paul Calcagno" <pcalcagno@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
> I'm running Vista HP (SP2),  with 2 GB of RAM, Windows Defender,
> Spyware Doctor, MBAM, SAS.  All of a sudden I can't receive or send
> mail. Getting error message in WLM of 0X800CCC0F.  Newsgroup messages
> download ok and I can see my contacts and calendar ok. I can access
> the internet with Firefox just fine. I Googled the error code and
> tried looking for suspicious certificates in `certmgr.msc' but am
> really not sure what to look for, or what to do.  Here's the exact
> error message:
>
> "Unable to send or receive messages for the Paul's WLM account. Your
> server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for
> this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
> inactivity.
>
> Server: 'pop-server.cfl.rr.com'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
> Protocol: POP3
> Port: 110
> Secure(SSL): No"
>
> I also get a server error message when I try to read my mail through
> my RoadRunner mail server or using `Mail2web' so something appears
> wrong at the server end of things.
>
> Not sure what to do other than doing a restart. Any help would be
> appreciated...........Paul C.

0
Michael
9/12/2010 8:01:17 PM
Hi Mike. Thanks for you suggestion.  So far, at 7 pm tonight, things appear
to be working except most computer functions are really slow. I've done a
restore and that seemed to do the most good, but the speed is not where it
should be.
Paul C.

"Michael Santovec" <michael@santovec.XXX> wrote in message
> If it was working and you haven't made any changes, then it's likely the
> server and you need to call Road Runner about it.
>
> --
>
> Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us
>

> "Paul Calcagno" <pcalcagno@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
>> I'm running Vista HP (SP2),  with 2 GB of RAM, Windows Defender, Spyware
>> Doctor, MBAM, SAS.  All of a sudden I can't receive or send mail. Getting
>> error message in WLM of 0X800CCC0F.  Newsgroup messages download ok and I
>> can see my contacts and calendar ok. I can access the internet with
>> Firefox just fine. I Googled the error code and tried looking for
>> suspicious certificates in `certmgr.msc' but am really not sure what to
>> look for, or what to do.  Here's the exact error message:
>>
>> "Unable to send or receive messages for the Paul's WLM account. Your
>> server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for
>> this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
>> inactivity.
>>
>> Server: 'pop-server.cfl.rr.com'
>> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
>> Protocol: POP3
>> Port: 110
>> Secure(SSL): No"
>>
>> I also get a server error message when I try to read my mail through my
>> RoadRunner mail server or using `Mail2web' so something appears wrong at
>> the server end of things.
>>
>> Not sure what to do other than doing a restart. Any help would be
>> appreciated...........Paul C.

0
Paul

Excel Mail Merger Problem
When merging excel with word for..my currrency field is dropping off zeros to the right of decimal point..if field has $ 56.03, it imports correctly, but if it is $56.00, it comes in as $56, if it is $56.30, it comes in as $56.3...this process is for invoices..any advice (I've tried everything)? Debra Dalgleish has given the following reply in newsgroups http://google.com/groups?threadm=3EBB0685.5080002%40contextures.com and has also identified the following MS KB articles in such as : http://google.com/groups?threadm=3DFA8DA8.6000209%40contextures.com 304387 - WD: Date, Phone N...

How do you switch e-mail identities in microsoft outlook?
I have microsoft outlook, not outlook express. My ISP helped me set up an e-mail account for myself and one for my wife, but they were unable to tell me how to switch from one identity to another. They knew how to do it on outlook express, but not microsoft outlook. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance! Care to provide your version so we can provide an answer? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Gary & Susan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13caf01c4443a$d03913d0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have microsoft outlook, not outlook express. My ISP...

Allow or Deny when a Program tries to send an email
I am trying to send a message through Outlook with a vb.net program. I receive a message saying that I can allow or deny this message. After a few of these messages, I started getting a different message that gave me a choice to ALWAYS allow messages to be sent from this program. I don't know what triggered the appearance of this send message. My problem is that I need to install my application on my user machines, does anyone know how to disable this allow or deny message OR trigger the send message which allows me select always allow? Thanks, What version of Out...

CRM do not recognize different character set encoding for incoming e-mail???
I have a problem with some of incoming e-mail. If incoming e-mail character set is not unicode but for example Cyrillic then I dont see russian letters, but some scrawl!!! My Outlook recognize all what I need. Whats about CRM??? Sorry about my poor english. ...

Sync of folders between WLM and Hotmail
I have folders in WLM that do not appear in Hotmail. Does it make a difference where I created them (WLM or Hotmail)? An e-mail in a WLM folder appears in my Inbox folder in Hotmail. How do I synchronize my folders? Is your Hotmail account(hotmail.com, live.com, msn.com) set up as an = http or pop3 account (Right click account in the left hand pane/Properties/Server tab) If Pop3, folders created in WLM are present only in WLM and folders = created in Hotmail web UI are only present in the web UI If http, folders created in one place are present in both after = synchroniza...

New mail appearing as old deleted item
When new mail arrives in inbox an old long deleted item appears in place of the new mail showing in bold as new mail. The real new mail is not visible at all and is therefore lost. This problem also used to happen in Windows Mail so I bought Outlook 2007 but it still happens intermittantly. -- Kate What do you see in your Unread Mail folder? "Kate B" <KateB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9A95DD7-CFC4-423F-9B2B-F8B72177E2CE@microsoft.com... > When new mail arrives in inbox an old long deleted item appears in place of > the new mail...

'Send' not workin
I use MS Outlook 10 for email. I have recently migrated to a new computer and installed MS Outlook. When I try to 'send' a file (File menu > send to... ), I get an error message: 'The operation failed due to network or other communicaton problems' I also get the following when relevant: "Word couldn't send mail because of a MAPI: 'unspecified error' " I am connected to a Netgear ADSL router which provides network facilities. Can any one please advise? Peter Hi Peter, Please have a look at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289966/en-us and...

Sending Letter to Contact Crashes Outlook
In Office 2003, if Word is open and I use Actions > New Letter to Contact, Outlook freezes up. On the other hand if Word is not open, "New Letter to Contact" works fine. Any explanation? Never seen it. You'll have to supply at least _some_ troubleshooting information. Error messages? Configuration changes to your setup? Did it ever work correctly? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Terry Smerling" <tsmerling@lasuperiorcourt.org> wrote in message news:udHcH$1QEHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > In Office 2003, if Word is open and I use Actions > New Let...

Seting Outlook for E-Mail
I've search for information on changing my e-mail default to outlook. I never found help. Please tell me "specifically" how to accomplish this. My computer knowledge is limited. "Diane Cameron" <dcameron2@aol.com> wrote in message news:056701c36839$e4215480$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I've search for information on changing my e-mail default > to outlook. I never found help. > > Please tell me "specifically" how to accomplish this. My > computer knowledge is limited. ------------------------------------------------ Hi Diane, Open In...

Sending e-mail to external recipient
Hi, We recently upgraded to CRM 3.0. Since the upgrade Users receive an error when attempting to send e-mails to External recipients. We are able to send e-mails to internal e-mail addresses through CRM, but not to external e-mail addresses. The general error is Failed to Initialize token. I tried a few things, but haven't identified the exact issue. Any help is appreciated! Thank you, Donna You need to ensure that the SMTP service on exchange is configured to access relay requests from the crm web server ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP h...

Unable to send a message, its been trying for 24hrs #2
I have been tring to send an email that contains a photo, for the past 24hrs. it wont send. all I am able to see is "cannot open this file, Outlook has already begun transmission. It wont even let me delete the message http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm=20 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, tillybird asked: | I have been tring to send an email that contains a photo, for the | past ...

sending mail options
How to send mail to 5-6 ppl in BCC and leave to filed empty? Dont want to add anything to "to" field. so revievers wont see any to part. or better, how to make reciever see their name on "to" filed while others are hidden. why someone might need this? While sending a product offer to companies, I'd like to send it once and want every customer see their name on "to" files. Saves lots of time cause I am sending lots of mails:p mns <mns@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How to send mail to 5-6 ppl in BCC and leave to filed empty? Dont > want...

i want send these messages absolutly
Send all my messages, thanks No problem, will get them off first thing Monday. jacques;1652986 Wrote: > Send all my messages, thanks -- VistaRookie 10% of my brain lives with me. The other 90% can be found here: '*Google*' (http://www.google.com) Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com What messages? Spam messages? You will get thousands of spam messages as soon as you post your email address. The only way anyone knows however where to send messages to is if they have your email address. "jacques" <jacques@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

I can't get rid of 1 "Payment to Send' Reminder-M07
On my Home Page in the Reminder section, I have a "1 Payment to Send" listed there. But there is NO payment to send. I"ve opened up back-up copies as far back as May and the reminder is there, but there is no payment that needs sending. Does anybody have an idea how I can get rid of this Reminder? Just removing the Reminder from Home Page doesn't do it. When you put the Reminder back on the Home Page, the "Payment to Send" is still there. Clicking on the link just takes me to Bill Summary page. ...

Advanced mail merge/distribution/attachment ?s
Hey - questions. 1 - I already know how to do mail merges and email distribution lists in Office, but if we don't want each client on our distribution list to see the names/addys of all everyone else on the list (we usually mail to blind cc for this) is there STILL a way to have each client's name show up in the email (preferably in the address or subject header lines, if not in the message? 2 - Does anyone know how to take an attachment and add it in to an email message/embed it for viewing a la HTML, rather than just attaching it? Any help would be appreciated, Jose 1) ...

"File: send to mail recipient" not working
When users (on WinXP) select file, "send to mail recipient", no response from Outlook 2002. This occurs either when Outlook is open or closed. Problem happens when rt. clicking on .doc, .xls, .pdf's....all files. Any ideas?? Thanks!! ...

Second E-Mail Account (Address)
I have set up a second e-mail account using the same POP3 and SMTP servers (provided by the ISP) as I used to set up the first e-mail account. The first e-mail address is working fine, but when I send an e-mail to the second address (from the default account), it does not appear in the Inbox. The e-mail does appear in the Sent Items folder with no errors. How do I access the second account to receive/send e-mails? Thank you for your solution(s). ...

Outgoing Mail Issues with Entourage Hotmail Connector

E-mail Tracking 2003
I know in Outlook 2003 that e-mail recipients have the option to not send "read receipts" - can this be disabled? A lot of my users in the past have relied on getting e-mail receipts and tracking their e-mails - they are very unhappy about the recipient having an option to decline their request for receipt in Outlook 2003. Jane Jane wrote: > I know in Outlook 2003 that e-mail recipients have the > option to not send "read receipts" - can this be > disabled? A lot of my users in the past have relied on > getting e-mail receipts and tracking their e-m...

An error occurred while trying to promote the e-mail. Try again
I have an email that I sent using Outlook (didn't use the CRM Email option). I now want to promote the email into CRM so that we have a permanent record of the email associated wioth the contact. I open my sent items, select the email and click the 'Promote E-Mail to CRM Activity' button in SFO. I get the error "An error occurred while trying to promote the e-mail. Try again" No matter how many times I 'try again' I get the same message. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong and how I can get the email into CRM? Cheers Graeme SFO doesn't have any...

I registed damiler-benz.mobi, who want it, please contact with me! mail to 001@001.io

How do I send my Outlook calendar to my desktop?
I would like to see my calendar created in Microsoft Outlook on my desktop. I have found information that says it can be done but I cannot find any instructions to accomplish this task. Post link to said info? Dan wrote: > I would like to see my calendar created in Microsoft Outlook on my desktop. > I have found information that says it can be done but I cannot find any > instructions to accomplish this task. "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:855665E0-8B0B-4ABD-915A-A4EC509167F7@microsoft.com... >I would like to s...

One Exchange server wont send mail to certain domains
Hi, Just wondering if I can pick someones brains. We have 2 Exchange servers, 1 2000 (Ex2000 Sp3, Win2k SP4, Global Catalogue, member), and 1 2003 server (Ex2003 Sp2, Win2k3 SP2, master). Since putting in the 2003 server, users on the 2000 server get some "mail server rejected connection" failures when sending to 1 or 2 domains, most other domains accept mail ok. Users on the 2003 box can send fine. We've checked our MX records which are in place on the firewall, and we can also telnet to these domains and complete the telnet test. 2003 > outside world (u...

Sending email in CRM web app problem
Hi, I found this problem very annoying. Our CRM's SMTP service is hosted in YahooMail. The SMTP address is mail.bizmail.yahoo.com and this is a "locked down" server, which means required authentication by username and password. I configured the CRM server's registry by settings the SMTPServerUrl and other stuff, such as Username and password entries. Now, when we send emails from CRM web app, it works... BUT... when we send email using a template which has embedded images, it cannot send the email and reports an error: "Not valid association" something... A...

Why can't I send email messages with Trial Outlook 2007?
I have a new HP laptop that came with the 60 day trial of Office'07. I receive email but the send/reply/compose functions are grayed out. I am certain my settings are correct. Why can't I send email? KK What happens when you use the Test Account Settings? What is the exact error message you get? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, KK asked: | I have a new HP laptop that came with the 60 day...