Can't Send or Receive Mail in WLM

I'm running Vista HP (SP2),  with 2 GB of RAM, Windows Defender, Spyware
Doctor, MBAM, SAS.  All of a sudden I can't receive or send mail. Getting
error message in WLM of 0X800CCC0F.  Newsgroup messages download ok and I
can see my contacts and calendar ok. I can access the internet with Firefox
just fine. I Googled the error code and tried looking for suspicious
certificates in `certmgr.msc' but am really not sure what to look for, or
what to do.  Here's the exact error message:

"Unable to send or receive messages for the Paul's WLM account. Your server
has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include
server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Server: 'pop-server.cfl.rr.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No"

I also get a server error message when I try to read my mail through my
RoadRunner mail server or using `Mail2web' so something appears wrong at the
server end of things.

Not sure what to do other than doing a restart. Any help would be
appreciated...........Paul C.

0
Paul

If it was working and you haven't made any changes, then it's likely the
server and you need to call Road Runner about it.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"Paul Calcagno" <pcalcagno@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
> I'm running Vista HP (SP2),  with 2 GB of RAM, Windows Defender,
> Spyware Doctor, MBAM, SAS.  All of a sudden I can't receive or send
> mail. Getting error message in WLM of 0X800CCC0F.  Newsgroup messages
> download ok and I can see my contacts and calendar ok. I can access
> the internet with Firefox just fine. I Googled the error code and
> tried looking for suspicious certificates in `certmgr.msc' but am
> really not sure what to look for, or what to do.  Here's the exact
> error message:
>
> "Unable to send or receive messages for the Paul's WLM account. Your
> server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for
> this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
> inactivity.
>
> Server: 'pop-server.cfl.rr.com'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
> Protocol: POP3
> Port: 110
> Secure(SSL): No"
>
> I also get a server error message when I try to read my mail through
> my RoadRunner mail server or using `Mail2web' so something appears
> wrong at the server end of things.
>
> Not sure what to do other than doing a restart. Any help would be
> appreciated...........Paul C.

0
Michael
9/12/2010 8:01:17 PM
Hi Mike. Thanks for you suggestion.  So far, at 7 pm tonight, things appear
to be working except most computer functions are really slow. I've done a
restore and that seemed to do the most good, but the speed is not where it
should be.
Paul C.

"Michael Santovec" <michael@santovec.XXX> wrote in message
> If it was working and you haven't made any changes, then it's likely the
> server and you need to call Road Runner about it.
>
> --
>
> Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us
>

> "Paul Calcagno" <pcalcagno@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
>> I'm running Vista HP (SP2),  with 2 GB of RAM, Windows Defender, Spyware
>> Doctor, MBAM, SAS.  All of a sudden I can't receive or send mail. Getting
>> error message in WLM of 0X800CCC0F.  Newsgroup messages download ok and I
>> can see my contacts and calendar ok. I can access the internet with
>> Firefox just fine. I Googled the error code and tried looking for
>> suspicious certificates in `certmgr.msc' but am really not sure what to
>> look for, or what to do.  Here's the exact error message:
>>
>> "Unable to send or receive messages for the Paul's WLM account. Your
>> server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for
>> this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
>> inactivity.
>>
>> Server: 'pop-server.cfl.rr.com'
>> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
>> Protocol: POP3
>> Port: 110
>> Secure(SSL): No"
>>
>> I also get a server error message when I try to read my mail through my
>> RoadRunner mail server or using `Mail2web' so something appears wrong at
>> the server end of things.
>>
>> Not sure what to do other than doing a restart. Any help would be
>> appreciated...........Paul C.

0
Paul

Attaching an e-mail into an e-mail
Our boss likes for us to draft her e-mails to be sent out. We type and attach the e-mail she wants, send it to her and all she has to do is open it up, make her changes and hit send. This used to work w/ 2000 but w/ 2003 it does not. Any suggestions? can you be a bit more specific, what is it that isnt working now ?? Regards Davidt "Hope" wrote: > Our boss likes for us to draft her e-mails to be sent out. We type and > attach the e-mail she wants, send it to her and all she has to do is open it > up, make her changes and hit send. This used to work w/ 2000 b...

Internet Mail Service Problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C49F0B.EE172F50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Team, For quite sometime my Internet Mail Service for Exchange 5.5 get stopped = of its own. My present environment setup is:-=20 1. I have 5 Exchange administrative console located at 3 three = different building.=20 2. My OS is Windows 2000 Server with SP4 3. Exchange 5.5 with SP4=20 4.Running NAV for Exchange built 2.18=20 After going through application logs, I found following E...

Administrator email account sending external msgs???
My Server Usage Report indicates that the Administrator account has sent 1820 External emails (only 16 internal ones). I'm perplexed since I have NOT used this account to send any external emails. I verified I don't have an open relay, so how is this possible? Paul wrote: > My Server Usage Report indicates that the Administrator > account has sent 1820 External emails (only 16 internal > ones). I'm perplexed since I have NOT used this account to > send any external emails. I verified I don't have an open > relay, so how is this possible? Probably bou...

Mail Queues
Hello In Mail Queues I found some strange mail witch no content Message ID, Sender Subject, and Recipients its all blank! How to delete mail in Queues wich no Message ID, Sender Subject, and Recipients, satus its olways retry. When I right click on mail its show only properties. How to delete it??? Thanks Armarn O.R. Hi Armarn, If you right click on the queue itself in the left hand pane and choose to delete all mail(no ndr). Hope this helps, -- Patrick Genova Pgenova@online.microsoft.com Please do not send mail directly to this alias. This alias is for Newsgroup purposes only. Th...

outlook mail merge from category
How do I separate out a particular category from my contacts to do a mail merge? Doesn't the "By Category" View of the Contacts Folder work for you? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "vedaggett" <vedaggett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1CAD3829-DB46-4F94-9A79-9716640842DF@microsoft.com... > How do I separate out a particular category from my contacts to do a mail > merge? ...

Outlook failure to send Access reports
I email reports from Access using Outlook. At times, the email will hang up in my outbox and will not send even if I open it and try to send it manually. Any of you fine folks know what's going on and how to fix this? Thanks - Ken Smith -- KMS Technical Solutions ...

Internal Mail Problem
Hi all, I want to restrict some users to send & receive mail from internal user only, so I try to remove their smtp address and leave the x.400 address in the properties. This works well in Exchange 5.5 environment. But, how can I do this in Exchange 2003 environment, I cannot removed the smtp address in Exchange 2003, Please help, thanks. On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 00:46:12 +0800, <a> wrote: >Hi all, I want to restrict some users to send & receive mail from internal >user only, so I try to remove their smtp address and leave the x.400 address >in the properties. ...

Sending emailes from Access
Once i week i would like an easy way from access to send out a a email to some customer that query will find. Whats the eaasyest wasy to send a email to about 20- 30 people, the email will be the same to every one, I know i could go throught outlook and do a mail merge but is there a way i can just have a button on a access form that will automatical send out an email to lots of people Thanks very much Any help would be great Best Regards Simon Dickson Poke around the Access EMail FAQ that Tony Toews has at http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/email.htm. There's likely something there...

Can't receive e-mails on windows mail
I have been trying to access e-mails and getting this message.? Any Help would be great. Thanks. I have re-done all the settings as per their website severall times but with no luck. Running Vista. Account: 'pop3.virginmedia.com', Server: 'pop3.virginmedia.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR not supported 3pf7420781ewy.51', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 Follow the instructions in "How to use POP in Virgin Media Mail" at: http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?...

problems with windows live mail
when windows live mail starts to download from my gmail pop account I always a box pop up saying "Internet Security Warning" dialog box "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could not be verified. "The certificate's CN name does not match the passed value." "Do you want to continue using this server?" I click yes and it works, connects and downloads messages. Until the email client is close and restarted that is. Then once again on the first access the security certificate message is displayed. How do I get this to w...

Installed Exch2007 into existing 2003 site, cant send mail
I installed an Exchange 2007 server into our domain. This server is meant to be a test server. It created a different routing group for itself. It seemed to propogate all the correct settings for the connectors and our DMZ smart hosts, yet, on the test account I created, I cannot send email to either internal users on Exchange 2003 or to the Internet. -- "Technology also allows us to get very angry and abusive with people who can't punch us in the nose at that very minute." Scott Adams ...

Sent Mail Error Outlook Express
IN OUTLOOK EXPRESS WHEN I SEND E-MAIL I GET AN OUTLOOK EXPRESS MESSAGE BOX THAT SAYS Some errors occurred while processing the requested tasks. Please review the list of errors below for more details. BUT THERE ARE NO DETAILS. THE EMAILS ARE NOT GOING TO THE SENT MAIL FOLDER. THE EMAILS ARE BEING DELIVERED AND RECEIVED BUT ON MY END THEY REMAIN IN THE OUTBOX AND ARE NOT GOING TO THE SENT MAIL FOLDER. I MUST CLEAR THE OUTLOOK EXPRESS ERROR BOX THEN DRAG THE SENT? MESSAGE OUT OF THE OUTBOX SO IT WON'T BE SENT AGAIN. ALSO YESTERDAY ALL PREVIOUS EMAIL IN THE SENT MAIL FOLDER DI...

How do I monitor e-mails
Windows NT 4 running Exchange 5.5 My boss asked me if there is some way we can monitor employee e-mails. Any help is appreciated. you want to look into "journaling"... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;261173 "Peter McCaul" <compcoff@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ez7BAFm1EHA.304@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Windows NT 4 running Exchange 5.5 > > My boss asked me if there is some way we can monitor employee e-mails. Any > help is appreciated. > > ...

problem sending mail to yahoo
Hi everyone, I posted a message regarding the same issue a few days ago. Running SBS2003. I can send mail to everyone apart from YAHOO. Gmail, Hotmail (any of the main freemail providers) with no problems. I've just disabled my SPAM filtering software to see if this helps. Has anyone else experienced similar problems??? HELP :-) Dave what specific error are you getting? "Dave Crozier" <mdcrozier@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ukNSYoveFHA.760@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi everyone, > > I posted a message regarding the same issue a few days ago. > &...

Non RFC-compliant response received
Hello, anyone that can provide input here, it would be GREATLY appreciated. Below is the error: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Packing List & Screws Sent: 11/17/2004 8:21 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'user@user-domain.com' on 11/17/2004 8:21 AM There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <servername.corp.company.com #5.5.0 smtp;500 Non RFC-compliant response received>...

Outlook 2003 Cannot Send #2
i am using outlook 2003 and windows XP and can receive but not send e-mail. i can send occasionally but only about 1 out of 50 or so attempts, so i am assuming that all my settings are correct as i can send sometimes. i have just upgraded to outlook 2003 and was using outlook 2002. i have verified that my account settings are correct. i have no firewall. can anybody offer any suggestions. Hey Jim, Does the email you are trying to send bounce back as undeliverable? If so, what error message goes with it? I am fighting something similar with Outlook97, and am looking for ideas of what to ...

Changing mind about sending message
How does one cancel a sent message? I changed my mind about one that I sent and now I want to cancel it. I can do this with Internet Explorer, but can't seem to find the option in Outlook Express. Thanks. Shari Next time, post in an Outlook Express group - this is not one of them. This group supports Outlook from the MIcrosoft Office suite - Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer. AFAIK, Outlook Express does not have support for message recall and only Outlook when using an Exchange server has a somewhat flaky message recall function. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlo...

avast mail scanner and OE
Can't seem to find a straight answer on the avast forum, so can anyone here explain why the most recent version of avast free, only seems to have a mail scanner that works with Outlook? When I don't have Outlook on the option to turn on mail scanning remains unresponsive. As it happens I did not use email scanning with my OE in the last version, but in this one there is a permanent exclamation mark over the system tray icon 'warning me' that this thing I can't turn on, isn't turned on. S Why you don't need your anti-virus to scan your email (...

Publisher 97 unable to do Mail Merge
I can not get Publisher 97 to do Mail Merge with Excel 97. Here's what happens: Mail Merge / Open Data Source / PUBMERGE Out of memory. Mail Merge / Create Publisher Address List / PUBMERGE Out of memory. Mail Merge / Edit Publisher Address List / PUBMERGE Out of memory. but, for some reason, Word 97 will do Mail Merge with Excel 97, no problem .. . . Publisher 97 System Requirements, and what I'm running: 386DX, 486DX: Pentium 4, 2.8 GHz MS Windows 95: XP 6 MB RAM, 8 MB: 2 GB C:\WINDOWS\system32\ . . . I have JET Engine DLL 5.1.2600.0 I am thinking that this this could be ...

How do I calculate the percentage of email i receive over time
I would like to find a formula that calculates the amount of emails i receive, daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly -- pearl Assuming the total number of emails in A1 and the beginning date for the period in B1: =A1/(YEAR(NOW())-YEAR(B1)+1) gives average per year =A1/INT(NOW() - B1) gives average per day =A1/INT(NOW() - B1)*7 gives average per week =A1/(((YEAR(NOW())-YEAR(B1))*12)+MONTH(NOW())) will give you average per month "Pearl" wrote: > I would like to find a formula that calculates the amount of emails i > receive, daily, weekly, monthly, and ye...

Mail delivered to the wrong addresses
Hello, I have a very weird problem with our Exchange server. We have just migrated our users from one domain to a new domain. We created a new domain on completely new servers an imported all users from the old one - we didn't migrate any other settings. The problem is that a very small percentage of incoming mail is being delivered to a wrong address. An example could be that someone is sending a mail to ehandel@commitment.dk but the mail is delivered to an address that doesn't exist called tje2@commitment.dk. This address once existed in the old domain and was used for test ...

Sending secure email and attachments?
If I want to send an email with attachment (usually in Word, Excel or Powerpoint) so that it is secure, and so that the attachment can only be opened by someone who knows the "password" that we agree upon, is there a way to do this? I wasn't familiar with an available option in Outlook, or any specific programs or coding that allow for this. Btw, can emails themselves be password protected so that the intended recipient has to enter an agreed upon password, just to read the content of the email (as well as access any attached files included)? If this is possib...

Having issues sending 11M text file with WLM and having it hang
I am trying to send an 11M text file through WLM and having it hang. When I say hang I mean that WLMail.exe takes 50% of the CPU usage and sits for over 12 hours without sending the email. I have checked the IO read and write bytes for the process and they do not change (through task manager). Does anyone have a suggestion or is this a known issue with no resolution? Thanks in advance "NewWLMUser" wrote: > I am trying to send an 11M text file through WLM and having it hang. When I > say hang I mean that WLMail.exe takes 50% of the CPU usage and sits fo...

Can't view photos attached to e-mail
Some photos and graphics in the body of messages and those attached to messages aren't viewable; The dreaded red X appears. Some are. Clicking on the X SOMETIMES produces this message: WINDOWS CANNOT OPEN THIS FILE. TO OPEN THIS FILE, WINDOWS NEEDS TO KNOW WHAT PROGRAM CREATED IT. WINDOWS CAN GO ON LINE TO LOOK IT UP AUTOMATICALLY, OR YOU CAN MANUALLY SELECT FROM A LIST OF PROGRAMS ON YOUR COMPUTER. I regularly work with 4 different computers, and only one has this problem, but I haven't been able to figure it out. Any thoughts? ...