Can't send mail from other addresses

Hi. I have other old email addresses added to my Windows live so I still
receive emails, which I do.  However when I try to reply using that email
address the server doesn't respond and I'm sure it used to. I get the
following :-

inactivity.

Subject 'test'
Server: 'smtp.tiscali.co.uk'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No
Socket Error: 10053

Any ideas please ? Any settings to alter ?
cheers
Dave

------=_NextPart_000_001D_01CB190A.E7FAC5D0

Your isp may be blocking port 25 when attempting to send mail for other =
accounts while being connected to your isp.  Assuming the smtp server =
posted is correct(smtp.tiscali.co.uk)

Check with account provider of tiscali.co.uk to see if they provided an =
alternate Outgoing SMTP server (eg.. port 587, Port 465) ?
- normally for most switching from Port 25 to 587 will resolve the =
issue, if not you may have to change you=E2=80=99re the server to your =
isp server(instead of smtp.tiscali.co.uk). Note: Also ensure that if =
your account provider requires SSL that it is properly configured for =
each e-mail account.

--
....winston
ms-mvp mail

"Grizza" <Grizza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
Hi. I have other old email addresses added to my Windows live so I still =

receive emails, which I do.  However when I try to reply using that =
email=20
address the server doesn't respond and I'm sure it used to. I get the=20
following :-

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes =
for=20
this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of=20
inactivity.

Subject 'test'
Server: 'smtp.tiscali.co.uk'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No
Socket Error: 10053

Any ideas please ? Any settings to alter ?
cheers
Dave
------=_NextPart_000_001D_01CB190A.E7FAC5D0

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial'; COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">
<DIV>Your isp may be blocking port 25 when attempting to send mail for =
other=20
accounts while being connected to your isp.&nbsp; Assuming the smtp =
server=20
posted is correct(smtp.tiscali.co.uk)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Check with account provider of tiscali.co.uk to see if they =
provided an=20
alternate Outgoing SMTP server (eg.. port 587, Port 465) ?</DIV>
<DIV>- normally for most switching from Port 25 to 587 will resolve the =
issue,=20
if not you may have to change you=E2=80=99re the server to your isp =
server(instead of=20
smtp.tiscali.co.uk). Note: Also ensure that if your account provider =
requires=20
SSL that it is properly configured for each e-mail account.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial'; COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: =
10pt">--<BR>...winston<BR>ms-mvp=20
mail<BR><BR></DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D"BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #000000; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 4px solid; =
BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #000000; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: =
#000000; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px">
<DIV=20
style=3D"FONT-STYLE: normal; DISPLAY: inline; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; =
COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: small; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; TEXT-DECORATION: =
none">
<DIV>"Grizza" &lt;Grizza@discussions.microsoft.com&gt; wrote in message=20

<DIV=20
style=3D"BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #000000; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 4px solid; =
BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #000000; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: =
#000000; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px">
<DIV=20
style=3D"FONT-STYLE: normal; DISPLAY: inline; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; =
COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: small; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; TEXT-DECORATION: =
none">Hi.=20
I have other old email addresses added to my Windows live so I still =
<BR>receive=20
emails, which I do.&nbsp; However when I try to reply using that email=20
<BR>address the server doesn't respond and I'm sure it used to. I get =
the=20
<BR>following :-<BR><BR>Your server has unexpectedly terminated the =
connection.=20
Possible causes for <BR>this include server problems, network problems, =
or a=20
long period of <BR>inactivity.<BR><BR>Subject 'test'<BR>Server:=20
'smtp.tiscali.co.uk'<BR>Windows Live Mail Error ID: =
0x800CCC0F<BR>Protocol:=20
SMTP<BR>Port: 25<BR>Secure(SSL): No<BR>Socket Error: 10053<BR><BR>Any =
ideas=20
please ? Any settings to alter=20
?<BR>cheers<BR>Dave</DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001D_01CB190A.E7FAC5D0--

0
winston
7/1/2010 2:48:14 PM
Hello
I'm not much help on computer stuff but I believe Tiscali do's not exist
anymore.
Its now part of Talk Talk which is owned by carphone warehouse.
John

"Grizza" <Grizza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi. I have other old email addresses added to my Windows live so I still
> receive emails, which I do.  However when I try to reply using that email
> address the server doesn't respond and I'm sure it used to. I get the
> following :-
>
> Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes
> for
> this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
> inactivity.
>
> Subject 'test'
> Server: 'smtp.tiscali.co.uk'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
> Protocol: SMTP
> Port: 25
> Secure(SSL): No
> Socket Error: 10053
>
> Any ideas please ? Any settings to alter ?
> cheers
> Dave

0
Urlay
7/1/2010 4:21:29 PM
Although ownership of Tiscali UK has changed, the mail servers
(and all Tiscali email addresses) live on.

Last time I sent an email via 'smtp.tiscali.co.uk', Port 25 (in
May 2010), I experienced no problems whatsoever.  I haven't
received any notification from Tiscali or from TalkTalk that the
settings have changed.  Furthermore, I have just pinged
smtp.tiscali.co.uk:25 - and received four normal responses.

I am not connected to the Internet via Tiscali at present, so I
cannot send a test message today.  However, the error message,
'Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection'
indicates that WLMail established a brief connection - and the
server DID respond.  The error message indicates that the server
refused to accept the message.

The OP stated that he has 'old email addresses', which suggests
to me that he is probably using a different Internet Service
Provider (ISP).  If the OP is no longer connected to the Tiscali
network, he should use a different server for outgoing messages,
because he will not be able to send them via smtp.tiscali.co.uk .

If my assumption is correct, the easiest solution is to delete
the Tiscali outgoing (SMTP) server details from WLMail - and
replace them with the outgoing server details for the OP's new
ISP.

"Urlay Nook" <UrlayBurlay@TheNook.com> wrote in message
> Hello
> I'm not much help on computer stuff but I believe Tiscali do's
> not exist anymore.
> Its now part of Talk Talk which is owned by carphone warehouse.
> John
>
> "Grizza" <Grizza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi. I have other old email addresses added to my Windows live
>> so I still
>> receive emails, which I do.  However when I try to reply using
>> that email
>> address the server doesn't respond and I'm sure it used to. I
>> get the
>> following :-
>>
>> Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection.
>> Possible causes for
>> this include server problems, network problems, or a long
>> period of
>> inactivity.
>>
>> Subject 'test'
>> Server: 'smtp.tiscali.co.uk'
>> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
>> Protocol: SMTP
>> Port: 25
>> Secure(SSL): No
>> Socket Error: 10053
>>
>> Any ideas please ? Any settings to alter ?
>> cheers
>> Dave

0
Bob

Inbox send/receive syncronizing

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

Setting up a new e-mail account

Replying to an Outlook e-mail

Sending Email #6

Duplicate E-Mail #4

Odd e-mail duplication problem

send on behalf #6
Hi, We have a helpdesk mailbox and I would like to give the "send on behalf" permission to a distribution group but "active directory Users and computers" won't let me do this. I can only see users. No groups. Exchange 2003 sp2, Outlook 2003, Native forest. I don't wanna use "send as" cause we wanna see sender name. Could it be a GC problem? Am I missing something? Thanks On 19 May 2006 06:43:07 -0700, dany_langlois@yahoo.com wrote: >Hi, > >We have a helpdesk mailbox and I would like to give the "send on >behalf" permiss...

proper casing mail merge
Hi All, I have a mail merge document where all the information is in ALL CAPS. Is there a quick way to turn into Proper casing? Thanks, rodchar Select the whole text, Format, Change Case, you will now have various options to choose from. Also, note that Shft+F3 toggles between no caps, Initial caps, and all caps. -- Hope this helps DeanH "rodchar" wrote: > Hi All, > > I have a mail merge document where all the information is in ALL CAPS. Is > there a quick way to turn into Proper casing? > > Thanks, > rodchar thanks, that help...

LDAP Address Book
I use LDAP for my address book lookup. When I try to lookup an address it comes back with "Unable to display results because too many entries in the Internet Directory match your search criteria" Any ideas what is wrong? It works just fine in Windows 2000 but not with XP. ...

How Do I Create A Personal Address Book In Outlook 2002
Hi: I'm new to Outlook 2002 and would like to know how do i go about creating a personal address book. Thanks in advance. Lisa wrote: > Hi: > > I'm new to Outlook 2002 and would like to know how do i go > about creating a personal address book. > > Thanks in advance. You have a contacts folder ...that's what you should use. "Personal Address Book" means .pab file - it's an old legacy thing, not what you want or need. Enter all your contacts/addresses in your Contacts folder. If it isn't showing up as an address book when you click the TO bu...

Exchange 2003 Web Mail.. Disappearing content.
I have a strange situation brewing that I haven't been able to figure out yet. About once a day, my Exchange 2003 server forgets how to display email content. That is, when a user tries to open ANY email, it opens, but there is NO content. The only solutions I have come up with are temporary: 1) Reboot the server (which can take in excess of 15 minutes), or 2) Restart the MS Exchange Store service. Sometimes I have to restart the IIS web site where webmail is configured and running Specs on the server are 2ghz P3 with 1gig RAM w/ Windows 2003 Enterprise Serve Exchange 200 IIS6. I wo...

A Domain Is Rejecting My Mail
I'm starting to pull my hair out on this one and would appreciate any assisstance you could provide. I've got two Exchange 2003 servers. I can send to everyone on the planet with no problems - except this one particular domain. When I send to them, I get the following returned: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Nobody@special.com on 9/28/2004 8:30am There was a SMTP communication problem with theh recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <mail3.hearthnhome.com #5.5.0 smtp;501 Failure Bad FROM: RCPT TO (553.5.5.4 <>...Domain name...