Can Not Reply To Emails

Running Windows 7 Professional with latest version of WLM.  I get email
messages I can not reply to.  The reply button is grayed out.  For now I am
forwarding them to my WinXP computer and then replying from that computer
with OE6.  Anybody have any ideas?
--
<Bill>

Brought to you from Anchorage, Alaska.

0
Bill

The most obvious reason for not having an active Reply button is
not having a mail account set up.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Bill Bradshaw" <bradshaw@gci.net> wrote in message =
> Running Windows 7 Professional with latest version of WLM.  I get =
email=20
> messages I can not reply to.  The reply button is grayed out.  For now =
I am=20
> forwarding them to my WinXP computer and then replying from that =
computer=20
> with OE6.  Anybody have any ideas?
> --=20
> <Bill>
>=20
> Brought to you from Anchorage, Alaska.=20

0
Gary
12/10/2009 6:19:03 AM
If I am receiving email I must have an account setup.  It is not all of the
emails I can not reply to but just some.
--

Gary VanderMolen (MVP) wrote:
> The most obvious reason for not having an active Reply button is
> not having a mail account set up.
>

> "Bill Bradshaw" <bradshaw@gci.net> wrote in message
>> Running Windows 7 Professional with latest version of WLM.  I get
>> email messages I can not reply to.  The reply button is grayed out.
>> For now I am forwarding them to my WinXP computer and then replying
>> from that computer with OE6.  Anybody have any ideas?

0
Bill
12/10/2009 6:28:44 PM
Look at the Message source (Ctrl-F3) for the problem messages.

Look at the From header to see if there is anything wrong with it.

Also look at the Reply-to header if present.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

> If I am receiving email I must have an account setup.  It is not all
> of the emails I can not reply to but just some.
> --
> <Bill>
>
> Brought to you from Anchorage, Alaska.
>
> Gary VanderMolen (MVP) wrote:
>> The most obvious reason for not having an active Reply button is
>> not having a mail account set up.
>>

>> "Bill Bradshaw" <bradshaw@gci.net> wrote in message
>>> Running Windows 7 Professional with latest version of WLM.  I get
>>> email messages I can not reply to.  The reply button is grayed out.
>>> For now I am forwarding them to my WinXP computer and then replying
>>> from that computer with OE6.  Anybody have any ideas?

0
Michael
12/10/2009 8:18:21 PM
Will look for the the reply to header.  I guess the only thing I can do in
this situation is copy the message and then past it into a new email where I
have written my reply.  It also means I will have to add the addresses to
the To box.  I really do not have to forward them to my other computer.
--

Michael Santovec wrote:
> Look at the Message source (Ctrl-F3) for the problem messages.
>
> Look at the From header to see if there is anything wrong with it.
>
> Also look at the Reply-to header if present.
>

> "Bill Bradshaw" <bradshaw@gci.net> wrote in message
>> If I am receiving email I must have an account setup.  It is not all
>> of the emails I can not reply to but just some.
>> --
>> <Bill>
>>
>> Brought to you from Anchorage, Alaska.
>>
>> Gary VanderMolen (MVP) wrote:
>>> The most obvious reason for not having an active Reply button is
>>> not having a mail account set up.
>>>

>>> "Bill Bradshaw" <bradshaw@gci.net> wrote in message

0
Bill

How can I add more background colors or stationary to Outlook temp
How can I add more background colors, stationery, animated watermarks, etc. to Outlood email? I go to Outlook> Actions> New Mail Message Using > More Stationery but there are only a templates as options. I would like to add templates. For example green for St Paddys, bunny backgrounds, animated (moving) hearts, etc. Thank you Create pages in an HTML editor and save to %appdata%\microsoft\stationery -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by ...

cant send email #3
when I set up email accounts and do the test it all passes ok, but when I try to send an email it wont allow me to compaose an email, as the tool bar will not highlight to allow me to write new message. Then I get a message about a server problem, but the test shows all as ok? maggie@dsl.pipex.com <maggie@dsl.pipex.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > when I set up email accounts and do the test it all passes ok, but > when I try to send an email it wont allow me to compaose an email, as > the tool bar will not highlight to allow me to write new message. > Then I get ...

Cannot send emails 03-10-10
Hello, I recently converted from using the standard webmail email platforms to windows mail. After countless hours of updating contacts, filing, and restless typing I proceed to construct my first email. Only to the suprise it cannot send it! My error message is as follows: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'Fw: Thank you again from Peyton Trent', Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, P...

Why do I keep getting repeated copies of the same incoming email
I have just upgraded to Outlook '03 and I have received 4 or 5 new separate emails, but have received numerous copies of each one - 310 copies at last count. Does anyone know why this is happening? On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 04:41:03 -1000, tcav80 <tcav80@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have just upgraded to Outlook '03 and I have received 4 or 5 new > separate > emails, but have received numerous copies of each one - 310 copies at > last > count. Does anyone know why this is happening? Do you have rules set up that make copies? What anti-virus software ...

Email open underneath Outlook (2002) window
When I OPEN an email message, Outlook opens the message in a new window, but places that window underneath the outlook window. Any idea how to get this new window to open on top of the Outlook window? see if updating your display drivers helps. "Mike Markowitz" <Mike Markowitz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:636AB801-7D0D-46C8-B6D9-3F891C25B8A8@microsoft.com... > When I OPEN an email message, Outlook opens the message in a new window, > but > places that window underneath the outlook window. Any idea how to get this > new window to open on ...

Automatic "Out of Office" Reply
I use outlook to schedule my meetings/appts. Wondering if there is anyway, when I set a meeting on my calendar and show time as Out of Office, if outlook would generate or invoke and Out of Office type reply so people sending me e- mail know not to expect an immediate response. ...

How can you attach an e-mail into an excel worksheet?
I want to attach an e-mail into an excel worksheet. The formula I have seen is =EMBED("Package","") But not sure how I can do it. Any ideas? Go to Insert - Object, From file. Navigate to the email you want to embed. Note the options who can choose to change icon or how it is links. You can then double-click on the object to access the email. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "humdul" wrote: > I want to attach an e-mail into an excel worksheet. The formula I have seen > is =EMBED(&qu...

1 email fill my queue!!!!
Hi, I'm testing a deployment of the CRM 1.2. I test the exchange filter to get email sent to support@company.com. This works fine... but... every 30minutes the same email is added to the queue again!!!! I have done 2 tests, and these 2 emails are copied every 30minutes... what's wrong??? thanks Jerome ok its corrected I have omit to check the "associated external account" option in the Exchange advanced options. "J�j�" <willgart_A_@hotmail_A_.com> wrote in message news:%23AviAQxgFHA.572@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I'm testing a...

setting up a second email account for one user.
Hello; I'm new to Exchange Server so I apologize for the newbie question. I need to set up an email address/account to send email to clients that is different than my myname@domain.com account. For example webadmin@domain.com that so I can send email to clients about general project updates. Outlook will only allow 1 exchange account per user, so how do I set up a second account so I can send email from that account rather than my regular myname@domain.com? One way of doing it: - Setup the second user as webadmin, so the user gets the email address webadmin@domain.com generate...

How can I get excell to ignore line breaks?
I need to be able to have html source in a cell in Excel. My html source has line breaks and blank lines that I'd like to keep in tact. Is there a way to do this? Long explanation: I have to create a file with product information and then save this in a tab delimited file for import into a shopping cart system. There are quite a few fields and all of them are simple except the description field. For the descriptions I have written the html in such a way that you can actually read it ;-), and I'd like to keep it that way (with the line breaks and blank lines and spaces at b...

Restore Emails After Crash
My computer wouldn't start anymore so I re-installed the OS. Then Outlook 2003 didn't start anymore so I re-installed it, too. I can now start it (thought it has some problems) but it doesn't see my emails anymore. So how can I either: 1) Make Outlook see my email again 2) or make a backup of my emails without Outlook (to generate a pst file) and reload them after a complete new re-install. Where to the emails get stored anyways? Any help is greatly appreciated. Rob The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc ar...

Email Template for Tasks and Phone Calls
I would like to have all activities on my Cases sent as email updates to the respective account contact. When a new task or phone call is made or attempted I want the case contact to be notified via email. Is this possible in 3.0?? I'm in the same boat as you. I want to know the same thing. In addition, I was hoping to have the same thing happen for opportunities. -- Sue "Jason Lang" wrote: > I would like to have all activities on my Cases sent as email updates to the > respective account contact. When a new task or phone call is made or > attempted I want the...

spam email-not spam
Some emails I receive are classified as spam, but they are not spam, sometimes it is from a friend. When I try to open the email, I can not read it, it seems to be all in codes. How can I change this spam to a friendly email? I am using:"Windows Live Mail." I would really appreciate your help. "Lost & Found" <LostFound@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99195C9C-700D-42AB-94E2-0664D675E849@microsoft.com... > Some emails I receive are classified as spam, but they are not spam, > sometimes it is from a friend. When I try to open t...

can not send messages after apply Exch 2000 SP3, smtp queue full
I can not send messages after apply SP3 on my Exch 2000 server. The SMTP queue shows lots of messages retrying and the server doesn't send any messages. How do I clean my SMTP queue? Thanks Persio ...

Problem sending large email
Hi, I have a customer who needs to send a large file in an email. Now I have changed the default limit to accomodate this mail and she still gets a NDR, so I tried no limit and still she gets an NDR. It is not the recipient causing the problem as she gets the same result if she tries to send it to another address which we know can receive large emails. The error she gets is ... This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter message body or remove attachments and try sending it again. Tacking the message show the ...

Can I open a combobox from my code
I want to set focus to a combobox and display it 'open' so that the user can see the list. Is this possible? M Try Me.ComboBox1.DropDown -- -John http://www.jmbundy.blogspot.com/ Please rate when your question is answered to help us and others know what is helpful. "Michelle" wrote: > I want to set focus to a combobox and display it 'open' so that the user can > see the list. > > Is this possible? > > M > Fantastic! I knew there must be a way. Thank you M "John Bundy" <jmbundy@gmail.co...

Unattended setup of email accounts (no Exchange Server)
Hi. I don't know whether this is possible or not, but I would like to set up an unattended setup of email accounts (no Exchange Server) on a remote computer. Right now, I have to wait until both the remote users and I are available, log on the remote computer using GoToMyPC, and set up the email accounts. If there was a way to set this up so that Outlook email accounts would be configured automatically the first time the user logs on (or the first time they use Outlook), that would simplify things a bit. If anyone knows how (or if) this can be done and has an example of how to do...

How can i Disable auto archive in public calendar?
Hi, We use a public calendar in our company to keep track of our employees vacation days and when they're out of the office. The problem we have is that we cannot disable auto archive . We should be able to see who was on vacation in what period the past years so that we can arrange a shedule for this or next year. Now we can only see the last 6 months. Is there a way to disable auto archive, I cannot see a way of doing this in Outlook. I know it is possible for the personal folders in Outlook. Can it be done in Exchange? Where can I find the auto archived file? We still use Small busine...

Cant move .pst email folder on server
For some reason when I try to move my emails from the inbox to my .pst folder I receive this error...cant move items I dont have the approiate permissions. I have 75GB free space on server, the email size is is only one or two lines. This happend on another users laptop and I was able to fix by moving ..pst to desktop and back then rebooting. For some reason this does not work. I emptied delete box also. Ideas? "TKM" <TKM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B16DC7A4-61E3-4A3A-81C8-86B953E0507F@microsoft.com... > For some reason when I try to...

Some email recipients get corrupted or garbled attachments
G'day, I have a user in my office that sends emails with attachments from Outlook 2003 SP1. Most of his clients get the emails and can open the attachments (word, excel and pdf) without problems. About 10% of his clients receive the email but when they attempt to open the attachment, all the content is garbled text with a lot of page breaks, etc.. (like when you open a file using the wrong program). I checked his settings under Tools>Options>Mail Format> and he is composing his messages in HTML. Under 'Internet Format...' Outlook Rich Text options is set to 'convert ...

Slow Performance switching between Emails
I am using Outlook 2002 and running Nortin Antivirus. The same setup as my Dad. It take me 4 times longer to switch between Emails then it does for my dad. Any sugestions. What else is different between this computer and your Dad's? A lot more info is required in order for us to help. Jeff wrote: > I am using Outlook 2002 and running Nortin Antivirus. > The same setup as my Dad. It take me 4 times longer to > switch between Emails then it does for my dad. Any > sugestions. If you have instant messaging turned on in Outlook, either turn it off or set it to run in t...

email cell phone not going thru
We have used our contact list to email our members for a long time. We upgraded to Office XP, now when I send messages to my verizon cell @ vtext.com it doesn't go thru. It works from their web site. There is a setting or something in Outlook that will not allow the message to go. Can anyone help? What exactly happens when you try to send to this address? -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Santa Fe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...

can all the dowloads ihave in the system can they be moved
Iwant to take all downloads that have failed and all downloads that have errors with them Where would you like to take them? Buckingham Palace? "steve.vickers2010@live.co.uk" <steve.vickers2010@live.co.uk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:208855E4-BD3F-4C3D-A817-C0DC8CB6BCF9@microsoft.com... : Iwant to take all downloads that have failed and all downloads that have : errors with them Windows version is...? If you want to delete what you see in Update History, I can tell you how to do that. steve.vickers2010@live.co.uk wrote: > I...

Email shows HTML code
I am getting some messages from two senders which are shown in HTML code. I tried to change my settings to RTF, pain text, etc. but still the same. Other messages I receive in HTML show fine but only from these two senders. Maybe to say that they both use Mac Mail. I am using Windows 7 and Outlook 2003. Any idea how I can fix this problem. Changing your formatting settings only applies to mails that you are composing and not to the ones that you are receiving. It sounds like your message got broken somehow. Assuming this has happened at your end; Do you have a virus scanne...

how to disbale outbound emails on specific accounts
hello everyone, i need to block specifc accounts/users from sending outbound emails on different domains. can anyone help me on this? i'm using Exchange Server 2003. Best regards, Farooq Khan A combination of a SMTP connector and delivery restrictions should do the trick. On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 15:18:38 +0500, "Farooq Khan" <farooq.khan@pk.softechww.com> wrote: >hello everyone, >i need to block specifc accounts/users from sending outbound emails on >different domains. can anyone help me on this? i'm using Exchange Server >2003. > >Best regard...