Blocking/return e-mails

Is it possible while using Live mail for 3 or 4 mail accounts to block and
return e-mails that you don't want. At the moment all mail is down loaded
and I have to right click to block the sender. Is there a way that when it
is blocked that it is sent back to wherever it has come from?

Albert

0
Alberto

"Alberto" <alberthodkinson@terra.es> wrote in message
> Is it possible while using Live mail for 3 or 4 mail accounts to block and
> return e-mails that you don't want. At the moment all mail is down loaded
> and I have to right click to block the sender. Is there a way that when it
> is blocked that it is sent back to wherever it has come from?
>
> Albert

No.

0
Gordon
12/10/2009 3:26:36 PM
On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 19:20:44 +0100, Alberto wrote:

> Is it possible while using Live mail for 3 or 4 mail accounts to block and
> return e-mails that you don't want. At the moment all mail is down loaded
> and I have to right click to block the sender. Is there a way that when it
> is blocked that it is sent back to wherever it has come from?

Blocking and returning requires a server.

Windows Live Mail is just a client. WLMail accesses a server, and all email
downloaded from the server has already been received, and cannot be "blocked
and returned".

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come

Doing a block sender won't help since the addresses are constantly
changing.

Bouncing the message wouldn't go the spammer.  Most likely it would go
to some innocent person whose e-mail address is being inserted in the
message (it probably isn't even coming from that person's e-mail
account).  And if the from address is non-existent, your bounce would
just bounce back to you.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"Alberto" <alberthodkinson@terra.es> wrote in message
> Is it possible while using Live mail for 3 or 4 mail accounts to block
> and return e-mails that you don't want. At the moment all mail is down
> loaded and I have to right click to block the sender. Is there a way
> that when it is blocked that it is sent back to wherever it has come
> from?
>
> Albert

0
Michael
12/10/2009 8:11:49 PM
Thanks for all your responses.

Albert

"Michael Santovec" <michael_santovec@prodigy.net> wrote in message
> Are you trying to do that for SPAM?  If so, you are wasting your time. The
> From address on most spam is faked.
>
> Doing a block sender won't help since the addresses are constantly
> changing.
>
> Bouncing the message wouldn't go the spammer.  Most likely it would go to
> some innocent person whose e-mail address is being inserted in the message
> (it probably isn't even coming from that person's e-mail account).  And if
> the from address is non-existent, your bounce would just bounce back to
> you.
>

> --
>
> Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us
>

> "Alberto" <alberthodkinson@terra.es> wrote in message
>> Is it possible while using Live mail for 3 or 4 mail accounts to block
>> and return e-mails that you don't want. At the moment all mail is down
>> loaded and I have to right click to block the sender. Is there a way that
>> when it is blocked that it is sent back to wherever it has come from?
>>
>> Albert

0
Alberto

number setting for workbook e.g. i want , instead of . in number
I want my excel should display number in US format not i German format. How to change number display setting for whole excel file. Check out Start>Settings>Control Panel> Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options> Regional and Language Options>click 'Customize' button If this post helps click Yes --------------- Jacob Skaria "Rajesh" wrote: > I want my excel should display number in US format not i German format. > > How to change number display setting for whole excel file. ...

return cell reference in a table based upon given lookup criteria
Is there a way to return the cell reference, or column/row coordinates, of a cell within an array or table by providing lookup criteria? Perhaps something like this: For a table of value in A1:E10 F1: (the value to find) G1: =ADDRESS(MAX((A1:E10=F1)*ROW(A1:E10)),MAX((A1:E10=F1)*COLUMN(A1:E10))) Note: Commit that array formula by holding down the [Ctrl][Shift] keys and press [Enter]. That formula returns the address of the 1st cell containing the value in F1, or #VALUE! if there is no match. Am I on the right track here? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "Travis" ...

how to add smiley face in script of e-mail
Like this :-) -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "freemarket" <freemarket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21921811-FB9E-4494-A4D1-13BD668B10F5@microsoft.com... > On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 13:37:02 -0700, freemarket <freemarket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Nothing at all. -- Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa Web: http://hayesfam.bravehost.com...

Attaching items to e mails
I have a user trying to attach items from SharePoint libraries to e mails in Outlook (2007). When she selects an item and tries to attach it she gets this message "The operation is not supported until the entire message is downloaded. Download the message and try again" which makes no sense in the context. She is using an XP machine but I cannot duplicate this error on either XP or Vista machines on the same network. No one else is having the same problem. Anybody know a possible cause (and a solution)? ...

How to make a 'automatic mail rule installer'
Hi, I wrote a mail rule and want to distribute it to my friends. but I think it will be nicer if the mail rule can be installed with just one click. How can I make it? If 'visual script' is an answer, which object shoud I create? Or Where can I find the reference or sample? I'll be very appreciate if you give me just a hint. More explanation on my question. Maybe the expression 'wrote' in "I wrote a mail rule" is distracting. 'mail rule' means the rule which can be made through the menu 'tools' , which is usually used for filtering, forwar...

Windows Mail
I am getting the error messages for the POP3 and SMTP server names can someone tell me the name for these servers in order to get this service up and running elvin Your email account provider(s) has that information. They should have a help page on their website. If you tell us who provides your email account, perhaps someone can assist you. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 http://explore.live.com/windows-live-mail http://download.live.com/wlmail "Elvin Diaz" wrote in message news:#IkoKqFSLHA.4996@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... I am getting the er...

How does on stop countless repetitions of e-mails please?
Over the past two days I have received several repetitions of e-mails. Some are repeated three or four times and there are about 300 messages at a time. I have, however, not received e-mails for today, 28th Septembere. Type of server used is? If POP3 do you leave messages on the server? Version of Outlook is? Do you have any email antivirus integration enabled? -- Bill R "Nick." <Nick.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45385CE5-38DD-4024-B9FE-C96E1BC8D30D@microsoft.com... > Over the past two days I have received several repetitions of e-mails. > Some...

how do I turn off the e-mail popup notification?
I don't want the huge box popping up every time I get an e-mail. The little envelope is sufficient notification. You can change the notification options here: Tools menu > Options > Email Options > Advanced "Damian" <Damian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DE35B56-73F3-4CDC-B5EE-6AB731AC936F@microsoft.com... >I don't want the huge box popping up every time I get an e-mail. The >little > envelope is sufficient notification. ...

Sent mail is not in sent folder
I send a message with attachments, it sends fine. When I go into the Sent folder to view and print a copy of my sent message there is nothing in it. I checked the tools and made sure the box was checked for saving a copy of sent mail. I checked every folder and they are nowhere to be found. While in Sent Items: View | Current View. Is: Show All Messages checked and nothing else? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "GatewayPA" <GatewayPA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35274335-45C7-4A15-9B1B-B453AD23A...

Invoice or Statement with return stubs
We will be implementing lock box processing shortly, and so I want our customers to return a stub with every invoice or statement payment to clarify activity for the lock box preocessor. I've poked areound in the reports library and I haven't seen any report defs that say they have stubs. Seems like this isn't an odd need. Am I missing something, or do I need to build my own reports? tia Cindy You may be able to modify the report to include stubs, but it wont be very easy in RW. Your best bet would be to use Crystal, which could include an invoice on top and a summary on...

receive e-mail Microsoft Exchange 2003
Dear Reader, I have for my own use an Microsoft Exchange Server installed! I'm an newbie in the use of Exchange! I have configure Exchange so that I can send e-mail with my own registered domainname! Now I can't receive e-mail and i don't now where I can configure it! Where I have registered my e-mail address i have made an MX record so that the mail will be send to my own IP-address. My ISP said that they don't block e-mail trafic and i have configure my router so that it send trafic on port 25 and 110 to my server! Can someone help me! how I must configure it and how I can...

How to block/filter messages with blank sender
Does anyone know of a way to block email messages from coming into Exchange 5.5 when the sender is blank? These message show us in the queue with a send that looks like <>. I know this can be done in Exchange 2000 per Q313395, but I have not been able to find a way in Exchange 5.5. Thanks in advance, Rob Rob, Many times the messages from <> that you see in the queue are NDRs going back to spammers who don't exist. This is why they build up in the queue. If you go to the imcdata\out folder and open up one of these messages (in Notepad) you'll see what I mean. It&...

Gateway and Junk SCL blocking
Using one Windows 2003 Server for Exchange 2003 SP2. It is both the Gateway and Mailbox server. What is the proper way to code the blocking of SCL? I was using 8 for both - should I have the Junk blocking set lower? I'm confused - they both read equal to or greater than. If the gateway is blocking 8 and above ( and I archive it) how does the Junk blocking work? Does it not just allow SCL 1-7 to go to the Junk Folderes? Thx ahead. 1. If both thresholds are set at 8 no email will move to Junk as far as IMF is concerned. However emails may still be moved to Junk by the Outlook cl...

Outbound mail #3
Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 ENTERPRISE Patched uptodate With SP1. Once a week we are having to restart the exhcnage server because the exchange server is unable to send email to external domains (any). All incoming emails are coming thru. As soon as we reboot the exchange server the outbound email will start flowing fine. Could some body please help me resolve this issue any KB article or any kind of info will be much appreciated. Ihulk On Fri, 6 May 2005 17:12:01 -0700, "Ihulk" <Ihulk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 ENTERPRISE Patched ...

cannot Delete message in Junk mail folder
We are using Exchange 2003 and Veritas backup exec to back up exchange. I had an email in my Junk email folder that were corrupt files and as a result there was on error message on the backup log. So I set my Junk folder to delete automatically and not save any message in junk folder. My folder is empy when viewed through outlook. The next day my backup showed the same message rederencing the same email message that I thought was deleted. So, using Veritas backup exec I thought I could correct this problem by not including my junk folder in the daily backup. Still get the error message ...

Field name derived from a string value returns a Run-time error 2465.
I have two labels on a form and want to populate them during the run time of my form. The name of the labels are "1" the other is called "2" (without the quotes of course). Field 1 runs OK but two returns a run-time error 2465. Of course, the real form is much bigger. A lot of fields called 1 through 31 are populated from within a loop. To simplify my question I down sized this post to two label fields. Any one know how to solve the problem with label "2"? Any help or hint is appreciated. ' This works OK Me![1].Caption = "abc"...

Links within documents
In Word 2007, when I click on a link to go to a bookmark within the same document, I can't return quickly to the point that I came from. I've been told to click on shift+F5, but this doesn't work. Any suggestions? The simplest method is probably to add the 'Back' command from the All commands group to the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar) -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <&g...

Blocking and Unblocking e-mails cause e-mails to be deleted?
Does anyone know if blocking or unblocking e-mails can delete a folder with e-mails? I'm tring to help a friend who thinks she lost when she was unblocking some e-mail addresses. Her e-mail address came up automatically when she was unblocking and that she clicked on yes for blocking herself and therefore lost all of her messages. I wouldn't think it would be possible to block yourself but does anyone know for sure? And if so would that delete your e-mails? I guess the most important question is can you recover the lost e-mails? Thanks for your help, Jerry No, outlook...

Where do I begin with mail merge and letters or postcards
Hi, I'm used to using Word to perform all mail merge taks. How do I create a letter, insert fields and use mail merge? I've looked through the Help section in Publisher 2003, but it isn't as informative and user friendly as past Publishers and Word. I would like the document to include the date, name/address fields, my text, and fields throughout the letter. For example: September 4, 2007 Name/Address field Dear First Name Field, Body text.... Sincerly, Me Any information will be appreciated. I have MS Publisher 2003 For Word, go here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-u...

Sales Return with Lot Number
Hi All, I have spent almost 4 days now tryingt o figure out whats wrong, search every document realated to Sales Return , SOP Integration...... but of no help.... I am trying to integrate the Returns in SOP Transaction Entry Screen using Integration Manager. we are running GP10 with SP1. Issue Example: Item No: TEST101 UofMSchedule: EACH UofMSchedule Master Table: EACH = 1 = EACH CASE = 10 = EACH PACK = 20 = EACH I am able to integrate all the items with lot as return Returned Qty = On Hand. if the item UOM = EACH (which is actullay Base UOM). But if the same item is returned in C...

mail merge from Word
I have Word 2002 SP3 and Outlook 2002 SP3. In Outlook I use Word to compose emails. In the past I have done a mail merge between them without any problem. All of a sudden it doesn't seem to work right anymore. I set up a document in Word with a separate data source. When it is ready to be mailed, I click on Merge to Email. The "To" field is assigned the email addresses and I fill in the subject line. After I click OK, the status line tells me it is merging the records and it cycles through all of them. However, when I bring in to focus the Outlook window, nothing is happening....

mail crossing over?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_007E_01C35BA0.27E2B610 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable hi, sorry to bug again, but another question. I noticed, that if I don't create a separate entity for each mail = account, the mail on one is also shown on another sometimes, if they are = on the same identity. I'm not sure why that is....anyone else having = this trouble? I could just make identities for all of them but that = would make for many, and making several accounts under each woul...

Can't send e-mail through POP3 account
Help, I have another outlook client that has pop3 mail clients set up. If I use the test facility it is all ok, everything passes. If I send a mail I get error 550 relay not permitted but I recieve mail ok regards, Simon Willcox You may need to authenticate against the SMTP Server, go into the Properties of the Account and you should see a Tab for Outgoing Server, place a check in My outgoing server requires authentication and see if this helps. "Simon Willcox" <starksoftware@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uKRboDXLGHA.3860@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Help, I h...

8.0 Word Mail Merge
Has anyone got any experience working with the Word Mail Merge Feature? I am trying to get it working for a division in the UK. When setting the sender phone number, 12345 67890 it automatically formats it as (123)456-7890. It needs to be 12345 67890. I tried to enter a picture mask : {MERGEFIELD LetterAuthorPhone \# ##########} it returns - 456 If I try {MERGEFIELD LetterAuthorPhone \# "##########"} (123) 456-7890 No idea why.... anyone ideas? ...

find and count days in blocks of consecutive dates
I need to find a way using Excel to find blocks of consecutive dates in a list and then count how many days are in each block. Any help is appreciated. Hi if i'm understanding you correctly, you can use the COUNTIF function =COUNTIF(range,">="&datevalue("lowest_date"))-COUNTIF(range,">"&datevalue("highest_date")) e.g. =COUNTIF(A1:A23,">="&DATEVALUE("2/10/04"))-COUNTIF(A1:A23,">"&DATEVALUE("4/10/04")) counts all the days between 2/10/04 and the 4/10/04 inclusive PS you might nee...