Backing up my mail

Greetings,
How can I backup my mail to another location - hard disk, memory stick CD or
other ?

I was able with XP (have now 7) to save each mail received and save on an
external disk and still read it from there !

Can Window live do the same thing and how can i fdo it ?

A hard disk crash is always possible, and I will loose everything !

Thanks

How to Backup Windows Live Mail Accounts, Contacts and Messages
http://liveunplugged.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!F92775FC46A390CA!174.entry?wa=wsignin1.0&sa=485040387

To read messages on a CD, flash, etc, you can create folders on the
Desktop and drag WLMail messages to them and then copy those folders to CD
or flash.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"Bordasimus" <Bordasimus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Greetings,
> How can I backup my mail to another location - hard disk, memory stick
> CD or
> other ?
>
> I was able with XP (have now 7) to save each mail received and save on
> an
> external disk and still read it from there !
>
> Can Window live do the same thing and how can i fdo it ?
>
> A hard disk crash is always possible, and I will loose everything !
>
> Thanks

0
Bruce
7/22/2010 1:50:48 PM
Is it possible to do a similar backup and restore for the folder structure
containing the messages as well as the messages themselves?  I have
a few levels of structure in my storage folders.

"Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> How to Backup Windows Live Mail Accounts, Contacts and Messages
> http://liveunplugged.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!F92775FC46A390CA!174.entry?wa=wsignin1.0&sa=485040387
>
> To read messages on a CD, flash, etc, you can create folders on the
> Desktop and drag WLMail messages to them and then copy those folders to CD
> or flash.
> --
>           Bruce Hagen
>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>      Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "Bordasimus" <Bordasimus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Greetings,
>> How can I backup my mail to another location - hard disk, memory stick CD
>> or
>> other ?
>>
>> I was able with XP (have now 7) to save each mail received and save on an
>> external disk and still read it from there !
>>
>> Can Window live do the same thing and how can i fdo it ?
>>
>> A hard disk crash is always possible, and I will loose everything !
>>
>> Thanks

0
robertmiles
7/22/2010 4:54:39 PM
You can create a Mail folder on the desktop or under Documents,
then export to there: File, Export, Messages...
Then copy from there to your external media.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Bordasimus" <Bordasimus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> Greetings,
> How can I backup my mail to another location - hard disk, memory stick =
CD or=20
> other ?
>=20
> I was able with XP (have now 7) to save each mail received and save on =
an=20
> external disk and still read it from there !
>=20
> Can Window live do the same thing and how can i fdo it ?
>=20
> A hard disk crash is always possible, and I will loose everything !
>=20
> Thanks
0
Gary
7/22/2010 6:21:55 PM
If you use the export function, the folder structure will be maintained if you later import back into WLMail. This applies even though the folders you see in Explorer may differ in name and content from what you see in WLMail.
--
Noel

<robertmiles@bellsouthNOSPAM.net> wrote in message news:#woJ85bKLHA.4824@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Is it possible to do a similar backup and restore for the folder structure containing the messages as well as the messages themselves?  I have a few levels of structure in my storage folders.
>
> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message news:i29ibf$a83$1@news.eternal-september.org...
>> How to Backup Windows Live Mail Accounts, Contacts and Messages
>> http://liveunplugged.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!F92775FC46A390CA!174.entry?wa=wsignin1.0&sa=485040387
>>
>> To read messages on a CD, flash, etc, you can create folders on the Desktop and drag WLMail messages to them and then copy those folders to CD or flash.

>> "Bordasimus" <Bordasimus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Greetings,
>>> How can I backup my mail to another location - hard disk, memory stick CD or other ?
>>>
>>> I was able with XP (have now 7) to save each mail received and save on an external disk and still read it from there !
>>>
>>> Can Window live do the same thing and how can i fdo it ?
>>>
>>> A hard disk crash is always possible, and I will loose everything !
>>>
>>> Thanks

0
Ildhund
7/22/2010 10:44:59 PM
Regardless of which option you choose drag/drop to WLM's File/Export =
feature and if using Vista or Windows 7 this might come in=20
handy for viewing the Subject of emails
Viewing A Windows Live Mail Message Subject Field in Vista and Windows 7 =
using Windows Explorer
http://liveunplugged.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!F92775FC46A390CA!319.entry

--
....winston
ms-mvp mail

wrote in message news:#woJ85bKLHA.4824@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

Is it possible to do a similar backup and restore for the folder =
structure
containing the messages as well as the messages themselves?  I have
a few levels of structure in my storage folders.

"Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> How to Backup Windows Live Mail Accounts, Contacts and Messages
> =
http://liveunplugged.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!F92775FC46A390CA!174.entry?=
wa=3Dwsignin1.0&sa=3D485040387

> To read messages on a CD, flash, etc, you can create folders on the
> Desktop and drag WLMail messages to them and then copy those folders =
to CD
> or flash.
> --=20
>           Bruce Hagen
>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>      Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "Bordasimus" <Bordasimus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Greetings,
>> How can I backup my mail to another location - hard disk, memory =
stick CD
>> or
>> other ?
>>
>> I was able with XP (have now 7) to save each mail received and save =
on an
>> external disk and still read it from there !
>>
>> Can Window live do the same thing and how can i fdo it ?
>>
>> A hard disk crash is always possible, and I will loose everything !
>>
>> Thanks

0
winston

2 e-mail accounts thru microsoft-
i HAVE 2 E-MAIL ACCOUNTS THRU MICROSOFT- 1-MICROSOFT OUTLOOK AND THE OTHER IS MICROSOFT LIVE. BOTH HAVE THE SAME ADDRESS. I CANNOT GET THE ACCOUNTS TO COMMUNICATE WITH EACH OTHER. tHE MICROSOFT LIVE ACCOUNT ONLY RECEIVES E-MAILS FROM MICROSOFT AND IF I TRY TO SEND SOMETHING FROM WORD THAT IS WHERE IT GOES AND i CANNOT SEND IT ANYWHERE. plEASE HELP WOULD REALLY LIKE TO TALK TO SOMEONE FOR HELP -- jsj This group is for Windows Mail. Outlook is a program, not an account provider. You'll going to have to explain in better detail what you want to do. -- Dave N....

Automate e-mail signature in CRM
It would be great to do automatic e-mail signature in CRM like Outlook without using the E-mail Templates. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0c42f6bb-a6e9-48d...

How do I print an e-mail without showing who the mail is from?
How do I print an e-mail without showing who the mail is from? I only want to print the message part of the e- mail. I'm using Oulook 2002 on Windows XP. Is it possible to edit the OutlPrnt file? Is there a registry key I could add or edit? There isn't any really easy way to do it. I'd probably opt for just doing a Copy/Paste of the message body into a blank Word document and print from there. If you do it often you could probably even program up a little routine that "mail merges" the message body into Word and prints from there. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Scho...

Sending E-Mail from CRM Fails
Whenever I attempt to send an e-mail from CRM I get an unexpected error and the following in the error log. The 401 implies some sort of permissions problem. Any ideas? Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft CRM Event Category: None Event ID: 2 Date: 9/2/2004 Time: 8:16:41 AM User: N/A Computer: MAIL Description: MSCRM Platform Error Report: ---------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------- Error: <description>An unexpected error occurred.</description><details>An error occurred attempting to dispatch the em...

Apple mail clients unable to connect to Exchange 2003
Apple mail clients cannot use their POP connection to communicate to Exchange 2003 (OS=2000 server) after applying patches 823980 and 835732 in response to Mytob virus attack. Any ideas? Can you telnet to 110 and do you get the correct headers? Nue "Kevin McLeod" <KevinMcLeod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15993353-3D72-4AC1-AB75-7D6C98331A97@microsoft.com... > Apple mail clients cannot use their POP connection to communicate to > Exchange > 2003 (OS=2000 server) after applying patches 823980 and 835732 in response > to > Mytob virus att...

mail merge #2
Can I mail merge an extensive list of doctors (with addresses and phone#'s) on a Word document to an excel spreadsheet? If so, how do I do this? If I can't accomplish this task by mail merge is there another function to merge my addresses onto excel? Save the Word document as a .txt file and open it with XL. Follow the wizard. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Kerry" <kerrywater@juno.com> wrote in message news:0e3101c367e6$b9580bc0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Can I mail merge an extensive list of doctors (with > addresses and ph...

cursor changed from tall to short
Thanks for help Change your Zoom to 500% and back to 100%. If this is a persistent problem, see the thread earlier today "Change cursor from dot to line?" where Stefan Blom posted this response: What you can do is create an auto macro that changes the zoom automatically each time you start Word: Sub AutoNew() With ActiveWindow.View.Zoom .Percentage =3D 500 .Percentage =3D 100 End With End Sub Sub AutoOpen() With ActiveWindow.View.Zoom .Percentage =3D 500 .Percentage =3D 100 End With End Sub For more, see http://www.gmayor.com/installing...

Freerolls every 2 hours, up to 50% rake back, great interface......at Pokerchamps #2
https://secure.pokerchamps.com/pokerpublic/arequest?acode=ABBAVGIT Gus Hansen has helped develop a great new poker site that is awesome. When signing up to play, you are also registered to get up to 50% of your rake back on a weekly basis. This could easily be hundreds of extra dollars in your pocket every month for just playing poker. You can also get your friends to sign up and get a portion of their rake back! If you want to sign up other players simply go to the cashier, log in, then click on the affiliates portion. You will find the link to use in your promotions so that your players...

Server will not relay mail
I'm getting an error that the exchange server from one exchange 2000 server in one office "will not RELAY mail" to any address on another exchange 2003 Server in another office. Mail to any other destination works fine on either Server and mail between these 2 offices was flowing fine until last week. There is nothing set in Message Filtering. Do those servers belong to the same Exchange Organization? Does the Exchange 2003 server receive mail from other locations? Can you telnet port 25 of that server? -- Blog "subject: exchange" http://spaces.msn.com/member...

Accessing Web-based E-mail Account
Hello... I just installed Outlook 2003 so I'm still finding my way around. I see you can access Web-based e-mail accounts, such as Hotmail. In fact, it works just fine with my hotmail account. However, when I try to set up my Yahoo mail account, I get the following error message from Outlook: Inbox synchronization headers reported error 0x80070057. Anyone have any ideas about what I can do to fix this? They would be much appreciated. John Look on Yahoo! for their mail support help articles. Last I checked, they only will allow paid accounts to sync with Outlook, not the free service...

excel hyperlink for e-mail address
is there a way to move e-mail addy in column to separate e-mail hyperlink for each record in column? One way to extract those URL's from a hyperlink created via Insert|Hyperlink is with a userdefinedfunction. Here's one that may help: Option Explicit Function GetURL(Rng As Range) As String Application.Volatile Set Rng = Rng(1) If Rng.Hyperlinks.Count = 0 Then GetURL = "" Else GetURL = Rng.Hyperlinks(1).Address End If End Function So if you had a hyperlink in A1, you could put =getURL(a1) in that adjacent cell. Be aware that if yo...

Mail merging
I was reading the user guide and its says "Mail Merge does not work with customized fields." Now, on the original form that it has, it has the basics like First name, Last name, address, phone #, etc. If a customized form is created are those fields still considered to be "customized" Also, the next note is "Because MS CRM is a Web application, the mail merge process runs on one list page at a time. If your records list has serveral pages, you have to repeat the process for each list page of records." Does that mean I can only MM (Mail Merge) a certain ...

Exchange 2003 purge mail after 90 days
Our company has given me a new policy - all emails older than 90 days should be purged automatically from the system... Whats the best way to do this in Exchange 2003? They also want me to disable the ability for user's to autoarchive their mail.. Is there a centralized way to do that? Thanks you can use mailbox manager to set a deletion time...for disabling archiving, see: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;258277 "Steve Aschettino" <steveaschettino@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:#yd5PNSMEHA.1032@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Our company has gi...

MS OUTLOOK e-mail does not always auto-delete stored mail on exiti
My MS OUTLOOK e-mail does not always delete mail stored in the Deleted Items folder automatically when I close down even though I have ticked the box in Tools/Options/Other/General dialogue box to "empty the Deleted Items folder upon exiting". Any answers would be most appreciated to pj.ireland@tinyworld.co.uk. Thanx Pete Please advise your version of Outlook and type of mail accoun. Thank you! -- Kathleen Orland Please support me in my efforts: SPCA Friends for Life 2010 Walk-A-Thon http://ontariospca.akaraisin.com/p/kathleenorland.aspx "Pierre" &l...

sending e-mail address
My e-mail adress goes out as ##############.... how can I change it? Make sure that in the E-mail Accounts set up that where it asks for your e-mail address it's actually the address and not ###########. Regards, Ash. ...

How do I duplicate mail on LAN?
I have 2 PCs both using Outlook Express. I would like the emails to be replicated on each. Is there a way of doing this at all - preferably without any manual intervention on each occasion? Foz In news:42bee6c8$0$13704$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com, Foz <SiFoster@delBigfoot.com> typed: > I have 2 PCs both using Outlook Express. I would like the emails to > be replicated on each. Is there a way of doing this at all - > preferably without any manual intervention on each occasion? > > Foz A batch file to copy the data from one computer to another, I suppose - w...

PDF attachment with mail merge
Is it possible with Outlook 2003 to send a PDF file as an attachment to an email when using Mail Merge? Thanks! -- Donna in Idaho Website: www.LinusIdaho.org No, you'd need a third-party tool. See = http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Donna in Idaho" <daawra3553@spamyahoo.com...

IMAP accounts sync. duplicate headers
Set up WLM with pop3 and IMAP accounts. pop3 accts. OK... IMAP accts. retrieve duplicate headers of same e-mail. What mail service are you using? If Gmail, you'll want to right click on the All Mail folder under the Gmail account in WLM and select Properties, Synchronization and select not to synch that folder. It's a duplicate of all the other folders -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "Mike J" <Mike J@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F708D95-2B21-4D50-9240-F57642D534AD@microsoft.com... > Set up WLM with pop3 and IMAP...

Sending Attachments with Mail Merge
I want to send personalized emails to our distributors with attached .pdf files of price page updates. Mail merge using word does not have any provision for this. Any suggestions? ...

Errors & Exceptions When Backing up Exchange 2003 Server
Good Morning, I'm receiving the following ERRORS on my Veritas 10.x back up this morning (Windows Server 2003, Exchange 2003 Server)...I haven't ever received these errors before, and I don't know what could be causing it. I do know I made "Exceptions" for several files yesterday (winstmp.mdb, gmgr0.dat, gmgr1.dat, CPL.CFG). Can anyone help me to decipher this? I've experienced none of these before, and the only changes I made yesterday were to make Exceptions for the above files. Thank-you! -David Backup- \\MAILSERVER\Shadow?Copy?Components \\MAILSERVER...

setting to go back to inbox
I have Windows Vista and Windows Mail. When I delete an email message while in the viewing mode, Windows Mail automatically opens the next message. I want it to go back to my inbox. All my previous mail software did this. Does WMail allow this? -- cdo Uncheck the Preview Pane. I don't know what you used to use, but Outlook Express works the same. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "cdo" <cdo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9B313C2-38F9-4131-9767-586AF7776E13@microsoft.com... >I have...

Help: SMTP Mail Routing Question.
Hello's all. Iam running Exchange 2003. I have recently installed an Anti-Spam solution that filters all incoming mail. I would like to also forward all outgoing mail through the Anti-Spam solution server, meaning that there would be another hop for outgoing mail. The mail server would forward all mail through the anti-spam server. What or how do i need to configure my mail server? Do i need to create an SMTP connector pointing to the Anti-Spam server? many thanks. Blue. "Bluehades" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:237C9046-AD9B-49E1-883F-994...

Entourage EWS No Longer pulling mail
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Running the latest Mac Office updates and the appropriate version of Exchange for EWS. <br><br>All of a sudden this week (seems to have been happening since the new year) EWS clients are no longer pulling mail as soon as it is available on Exchange. There is a 20-30 min delay before mail is delivered. I've seen this with a couple of my customers, for both incoming mail and calendar events. We solved it by emptying the cache. <br><br>1. Control/Right-click on the...

How to recover mail from an old mail server
I have an exchange 2003 installation on a Win2003 box that was a member of a now obsolete domain, and the domain controllers are all no longer in existence, nor are any backups. Exchange will not start properly because of the absence of an appropriate DC. I wish to recover the mailbox contents (perhaps into PST files). Can anyone tell me how to go about doing this? Thanks, Angus Macleod. Alot of work unless you want to purchase 3rd party software (Ontract) that can do an direct extract from the flat DB file. Otherwise, you will have to go about building a DC, then an Exchange that is...

Word 2000 Mail Merge: Word found no mail merge fields
Hello everybody, As the subject says, I am trying to create a form letter in Word 2000 from an Excel 2000 spreadsheet, but when I try to to open the data source, I get the following error: "Word found no mail merge fields in your main document". How do I create mail merge fields? Can anybody help me? Thanks in advance. Brian Brian Harvey wrote: > Hello everybody, > > As the subject says, I am trying to create a form letter in Word 2000 > from an Excel 2000 spreadsheet, but when I try to to open the data > source, I get the following error: "Word found no ma...