Auto Reading Inbox

Today my WLM started automatically opening a message instead of giving me a
list of all the messages in my inbox. Just FYI, this is on Vista Home.

Any ideas of what happened & how to get it back to showing a list of
messages in the inbox? This auto opening is a PITA!

TIA, Joe

View | Layout. Uncheck the Reading Pane.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"joe" <joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Today my WLM started automatically opening a message instead of giving
> me a
> list of all the messages in my inbox. Just FYI, this is on Vista Home.
>
> Any ideas of what happened & how to get it back to showing a list of
> messages in the inbox? This auto opening is a PITA!
>
> TIA, Joe

0
Bruce
6/4/2010 2:03:16 AM
If it’s opening the message in a separate window, then something is in play...

Even with the reading pane enabled..it should not preclude the center pane from displaying a list of messages in your respective
viewed folder(e.g. Inbox etc)

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"joe" <joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:599D9E2B-8EC0-4C93-AA5D-BAF4D817B0BF@microsoft.com...
> Today my WLM started automatically opening a message instead of giving me a
> list of all the messages in my inbox. Just FYI, this is on Vista Home.
>
> Any ideas of what happened & how to get it back to showing a list of
> messages in the inbox? This auto opening is a PITA!
>
> TIA, Joe

0
winston
6/4/2010 2:39:49 AM
Thanks - fixed it. How it got checked is a big mystery, because I sure did
not know
about the reading pane existance.

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

> View | Layout. Uncheck the Reading Pane.
> --
>            Bruce Hagen
>          MS-MVP  [Mail]
>       Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "joe" <joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Today my WLM started automatically opening a message instead of giving
> > me a
> > list of all the messages in my inbox. Just FYI, this is on Vista Home.
> >
> > Any ideas of what happened & how to get it back to showing a list of
> > messages in the inbox? This auto opening is a PITA!
> >
> > TIA, Joe
>
> .

Gremlins!
--

> Thanks - fixed it. How it got checked is a big mystery, because I sure
> did
> not know
> about the reading pane existance.
>
> "Bruce Hagen" wrote:
>
>> View | Layout. Uncheck the Reading Pane.
>> --
>>            Bruce Hagen
>>          MS-MVP  [Mail]
>>       Imperial Beach, CA
>>

>> "joe" <joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Today my WLM started automatically opening a message instead of
>> > giving
>> > me a
>> > list of all the messages in my inbox. Just FYI, this is on Vista
>> > Home.
>> >
>> > Any ideas of what happened & how to get it back to showing a list of
>> > messages in the inbox? This auto opening is a PITA!
>> >
>> > TIA, Joe
>>
>> .

-1
Bruce

Read File Properties
How would I read the file version properties of a standard DLL? In particular I need the company name property from VISA32.dll. VISA32.dll is a standardized Virtual Instrumentation Software Architecture function library that is published by several manufacturers. I need the manufacturer name of the *installed* library. David "David Youngblood" <dwy@flash.net> wrote in message news:%23oPqMidaKHA.4668@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > How would I read the file version properties of a standard DLL? In > particular I need the company name property from VISA3...

Can not send emails from main Inbox
I am not sure if I have set up the outlook properly. I can not send messages from main Inbox, there is not even "send" or "send-receive" buttons on the taskbar. How to clear the settings and start up again? The Inbox is for received mail what version of Outlook and what type of mail account, eg pop mail or? "Joanna Lark" <Joanna Lark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AA47074-CE28-4864-B85E-4D85ED945924@microsoft.com... >I am not sure if I have set up the outlook properly. I can not send >messages > from main Inbox, there is n...

Auto fill Cells with text
I am creating a Game scoresheet and would like to know if I can use a drop down menu in one cell and automatically fill the below cells with players of the drop down selected team. example cell 1 TEAM1 TEAM2 <--these are drop down menus cell 2 PLayer1 PLayer5 cell 3 Player 2 Player6 cell 4 Player3 Player7 cell 5 Player 4 Player8 Assuming you have a table somewhere (lets say in A1:B5), with...

Auto-Close
I need to have my workbook on our network to automatically save then close from whichever workstation that it is opened at whenever a request to open the workbook is made from a different workstation... Computer #1 -- Viewing the workbook Computer #2 -- Requests to open the same workbook Computer #1 -- Workbook is saved and closed automatically with no override Computer #2 -- Workbook is now opened I am not saying don't try but I am offering you little chance of success on that one. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Office User" wrote: > I need to have my wor...

Possible to set up auto reply from public folder?
We have a mailto link on a Web page that sends mail to a public folder. We would like to have an auto reply for all e-mails sent to that address without using a form. When we try to set up auto reply on that public folder mailbox, the auto reply applies to the individual's e-mail. Is it possible to set up an auto reply from a public folder? Thanks. you can use an event script to reply. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &am...

unread email is marked as read in exchange 2003
Users that have their email pulled off the server via POP or ActiveSync are experiencing the following: Mail comes in marked as unread but after a few minutes it changes to read. Any ideas? On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 09:35:02 -0700, Eddie <Eddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Users that have their email pulled off the server via POP or ActiveSync are >experiencing the following: Mail comes in marked as unread but after a few >minutes it changes to read. Any ideas? > > > That is likely to be a client side setting rather than Exchange. My Outlook does exact...

Auto-text in Form Fields?
I know I've seen the answer to this before, but I can't find it, and I can't remember what it was... I want to set up a Form for a weekly email newsletter that I send out. I'd like the form to have a static Subject line, including the date. Something like: Your Newsletter is Here - 2/28/2007 I know there's a way to put a field marker or something like that within the Subject line, that will automatically set the appropriate date, but I'll be... hmm.... hornswaggled (that's a good word) if I can figure out what it is! Any suggestions? grep grep wrote: &...

Reading files in store folders
When opening store folders, (Inbox.dbx, Sent Items.dbx etc) the stored messages show encrypted in Word Pad. How can I get them readable in plain text? >When opening store folders, (Inbox.dbx, Sent Items.dbx >etc) the stored messages show encrypted in Word Pad. How >can I get them readable in plain text? ..dbx files are used to store messages by Outlook Express. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smith...

An inbox folder refuses to be deleted
I have an inbox subfolder that went buggy. It started when no new mail could be moved into it. I tried deleting the old mail from it and got an error every time. I renamed it and moved it to the Deleted Items folder. I then tried to permanently delete it but get a permissions error when I do. Anyone have an idea how to get rid of this. My only other idea is to create a new PST and move everything else into it. Thanx Log into the computer as an administrator. You probably can't delete it because you don't have the correct permissions. "Aahzmandos" <anonymous@discu...

Read Receipt for 1 Person?
Hi! I was wondering if there is a way to set an automatic read receipt, but just for 1 person. I know that I can set it globally or on an email by email basis, but I was hoping that there is somewhere that I can set it to request a read receipt whenever I send an email to a specific address. Thanks in advance! Moira outlook does not support this. Not sure if other addins do... take a look at slipstick.com. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, Visual Quick Start Guide - OneNote 2003 Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ ht...

Excel exit prompt for auto-save not prompting.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C3D910.7450EAB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a user whos machine is not prompting to save a workbook when they = close excel, it just closes with no prompts.=20 He opens up excel types in the some text into a cell clicks close (at = this point it SHOULD ask to save the document) and excel just closes = without prompting to save it deleting the file and his changes.=20 I checked options and couldn't find any reason for this. Any and all...

Auto reply more than once
Hey, Is it possible to create an Outlook 07 rule that will auto reply more than once when receiving message? I tried Exchange server rules but wasn’t pleased with the long default message. So if there is a way to edit this messageI’ll be happy to learn how. Thank you all. D.RR wrote: > Hey, > Is it possible to create an Outlook 07 rule that will auto reply more than > once when receiving message? > I tried Exchange server rules but wasn�t pleased with the long default > message. So if there is a way to edit this messageI�ll be happy to learn how. > Thank yo...

Auto Close Security Window in Outlook
Hi, I have a problem. The security pop-up in Outlook that asks you to confirm that it's ok for an app to send an email - can this be automatically closed or is there an option somewhere so that it does not need me to confirm anything? Many thanks, Me strictlyleeds@gmail.com, you wrote on Wed, 08 Aug 2007 02:44:26 -0700: > I have a problem. The security pop-up in Outlook that asks you to > confirm that it's ok for an app to send an email - can this be > automatically closed or is there an option somewhere so that it does > not need me to confirm anything? http://www...

multiple email addresses into the same inbox
I blew it... when I first set up this was working fine, two email addresses that came into my common primary inbox. but they were POP and I wanted to change to IMAP... so I deleted them and then added 'new' accounts... now... I have three inboxes... help! IMAP will always add its own inbox(es). --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, celia asked: ...

Change Inbox View
Is there a way that I can adjsut the view of my Inbox so that the view in the right column is split with the top half showing my Inbox and the bottom half showing the calendar or tasks? Thanks for the help. No - when you're looking at your Inbox, you're looking at your mail only. Perhaps Outlook Today can do what you wish? Robbie wrote: > Is there a way that I can adjsut the view of my Inbox so > that the view in the right column is split with the top > half showing my Inbox and the bottom half showing the > calendar or tasks? Thanks for the help. ...

Stop auto display of "Today" page
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0063_01CA6D25.92585340 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable After signing into WLM, I get a display of a "Today" page. I do not = want this. I am not a fan of MSN, today or the likes thereof. How do I get rid of the auto-display of the "Today" page. thanks, asdf ------=_NextPart_000_0063_01CA6D25.92585340 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTM...

turn off auto mark for deletion in inbox Outlook 2007
My emails in my inbox are being automatically marked for deletion, how do i turn this off? What type of email account? Are you moving them to new folders and the one in the inbox is marked? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Do you keep Outlook open 24/7? Vote in our poll: http://forums....

Inbox Repair Tool #7
Recently I reported a problem with a PST file getting overloaded but not being repaired with the 2GB Truncate and SCANPST utilities. It was suggested by an MVP that I further truncate the PST file to below 1.5 Gb. I truncated the original file down to 1.4 Gb and still got the error when running SCANPST (halfway through Phase 6 of 8, the scan would quit with the message "An error has occurred which caused scan to be stopped. No changes have been made to the scanned file. Fatal Error 80040819). So then I truncated it down to below 1Gb -- same result. Is there any way I can p...

Auto selection of Data
I have a chart with three different plots (line) on it. Each one generated from different set of data. One of the plot (line) that need to select data automatically from a table. Its working if I select manually. I may have 10 to 100 rows of data in different cases. Would it be possible for the plot to select data itself ??????? For example, If I have 10 rows of data I need to select those 10 rows (in both columns), if I have 20 I need to select those 20 manually. Is there a function I can add with this equation below to select data from the list automatically.???? When I click on t...

Rule to move leaves a copy in Inbox ???
I have a number of rules that move email to varying boxes based on word in the senders address. Then the last rule moves any remaining emails to other folders based on account. Problem is I end up with a copy in both places. I have checked and rechecked to make the rule is to MOVE the emails, not copy. The rule is definitely MOVE. Why do I end up with a copy in both places ? This is Outlook 2003, but I recall having that problem with OL XP too. I ended up using a third party tool, but I would rather not do that again if I can help it. Thanks, Scott Do you have the stop processing add...

Auto change the senders address when replying
Thanks in advance for any suggestions. My problem/question is this - I have someone that refuses to use their work email address and it drives everyone in the company nuts. She insists on using her personal AOL account and I've got to the point where I manually change her AOL address to her work one in the event that I reply to an email she sends. Is there a way to create a rule (I have Outlook 2007) so that her AOL address changes to her work address automatically anytime I reply to her or if she's among a group of recipients? Thanks! -- jv320i No, but y...

Stopping Auto calculation in part of worksheet
HI need some help I would like to know how to Turnoff Autocalculation in Part of the worksheet and let the other parts continue to Autocalculate HEELP! I don't think that can be done. Alan. <David_Matano@agilent.com> wrote in message news:dde9811f-970a-4252-b028-c3c6d0f253a3@w7g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... > HI need some help > > I would like to know how to Turnoff Autocalculation in Part > of the worksheet and let the other parts continue to Autocalculate > > HEELP! You could maybe make the formulas you don't want to calculate dependen...

reading complex xml file
ok I am new to xml and probably will use .net. my problem is I would like to read the xml file into a dataset, making it easy to navigate the data. however, my 1st xml file is simply too complex for the dataset in that it has many duplicate table names and there are many layers of data rather than a single parent-child relationship. I know I can use XmlTextReader and use XmlNodeType.Element to ReadInnerXml. This requires I know the element name in advance. If that information is not available, what options do I have? Or, am I looking this all wrong? Are there better tools? Thanks. ...

How to read an XML file that contains a namespace?
..NETters, This may be a simple question. However, I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. Would appreciate if someone can help me. Here is my Sample.xml: <Report> </Report> Here is my code to read it: XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument(); doc.Load("Sample.xml"); XPathNavigator nav = doc.CreateNavigator(); XPathExpression expr = nav.Compile("Report"); XPathNodeIterator iter = nav.Select(expr); while(iter.MoveNext()) { Console.WriteLine(iter.Current.Name); } In this case, the output is what I expect. Now, I modified my xml file and added a namespace...

Monitor who read emails
Hi, I am using Exchange Server 2000. Is there a way to monitor who read an email is a public account? For example, we have a support account and its mailbox call SUPPORT. Now we are going to add the SUPPORT mailbox to sup1, sup2, and sup3's additional mailboxes. Thus, they all can read and reply emails from SUPPORT mailbox. However, we want to know who have read one of the emails in SUPPORT mailbox. Is there a way to monitor or log the reading activities? Thanks, Cliff On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 21:24:07 GMT, "Cliff Wang" <cliffwang@sbcglobal.net> wrote: &...