Associate A File

Could someone tell me the steps to Associate a file (.pps) so I can open it
in windows live mail.
Thank You

0
Jack

Assuming you have PowerPoint or PowerPoint Viewer installed:

  1.     Download and save the attachment on the desktop.
  2.     Right click on the saved file.
  3.     Select: Open With from the pop-up menu.
  4.     Click: Choose [default] Program.
  5.     Select: PowerPoint or the PPViewer.
  6.     Check: Always use the selected program to open this kind of file.
  7.     Click OK.

If it still does not open directly from WLMail:

Unable to open .PPS attachments directly from Windows Mail or Windows Live
Mail
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/unable-to-open-pps-ppt-from-windows-mail-or-wlm/

--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"Jack" <Audioman1@myway.com> wrote in message
> Could someone tell me the steps to Associate a file (.pps) so I can open
> it in windows live mail.
> Thank You

0
Bruce
9/12/2010 3:52:43 AM
On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 23:46:25 -0400, "Jack" <Audioman1@myway.com>
wrote:

>Could someone tell me the steps to Associate a file (.pps) so I can open it
>in windows live mail.
>Thank You

This really has nothing to do with Windows Live, it's a function of
the operating system.

Google

associate a file type with a program <operating system>, ie

associate a file type with a program windows xp
Evan

files opened read only
I had the same problem as a recent post and tried the solution provided of finding and deleting files of type ~*.do? and ~*.wbk but when the search is run, it returns all files of type *.do? and *.wbk apparently ignoring the ~ in the search criteria. Many thousands of files are returned from the search. I have windows 7. The search works fine in XP What am I doing wrong? -- Thanks for your help - jjk98 ...

Outlook .OST File #2
Current Machine: Windows XP / Office XP - Laptop Previous Machine: Windows XP / Office XP - Laptop We have a new employee who brought all of his previous e-mail files with him. PST, PAB etc. He apparently used offline folders to view messages in his Inbox. He wants information that he use to use that is in the Outlook.ost file. I think I am fighting two domain accounts trying to use the same OST file. When we replace the current ost with the one he brought with him Outlook detects that the ost file was used by a different user account. Is there anyway to get the information from the OST ...

Exchange log files multiplying
Hmmm, just looked at the .log files in the MBDData directory and it appears they are multiplying, today alone 64 5Mb log files have been created, and each time I create free disk space it immediately gets eaten up. I'm running CA's ETrust AV w/the Exchange version on my Exchange server, it's updated and I just ran it... Given that you are useing an exchange-aware back-up utility, the log files will be deleted after you perform a full back up.... "sjs" <sjs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11C11C43-5FCF-480C-A7B6-09E0F03AF481@microsoft.com.....

Outlook Archive File Path in Win2K
I have one workstation attached to a SBS4.5/Exch5.5 on which I have attempted to change the Path of the Archive File. The Archive File is on D:, but when AutoArchive attempts to run, it attempts to locate Archive File on C: and reports the failure in a message box. I have : 1) changed the Path in Outlook's Tools-Options...-Other tab, AutoArchive button, and 2) searched the registry, and 3) .INI Files but have failed to resolve the issue; the error still happens. Any ideas? Thanks in advance TTFN JMMach Note: Remove NOSPAM from email address to get the real address. ...

which file include " IOleCommandTarget"?
hi guys, I want to implement IOleCommandtarget interface using VC6 ATL, but can't find which Typelibray to use for this interface. Thanks in advance! ...

Opening Pub 2000 file in 2002 version
I created pub files in 2000 version and saved to removable drive. My labtop crashed and now I am trying to open files on my desktop which has 2003 pub version. it says cannot open with this version. What do I do to open and edit these 2000 files in 2003 version? Do you have Norton? How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/en-us Copy the files to your hard drive and try opening them again. Publisher files do not do well on removable media. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://m...

choosing where to create 2nd (and subsequent) PST files?
Under my profile I have multiple email accounts -- one from my cable provider that is POP3, one from an online service that supports IMAP, and a hotmail account. I am running Office 2007 on a Windows 7 computer. I'm not sure why, but Outlook creates a new PST file each time I configure a new account under the same profile. That's not the issue I have, though; I want to be able to control where the PST files reside. For the 1st file I create, no problem. I configure the email account and get it working, then close Outlook, move the PST file, reopen Outlook. As per the...

Page reloads when confirming downloading files, permitting pop-ups
this is very annoying "feature" from old times. I cant understand why I need to reload page only to confirm that I want to download file or permit blocked pop-up window..Is there any way to overcome this annoying page reloading? Assuming IE version 8... Tools>Internet Options - Security tab, click "Reset all zones to default" Thats the best you can do.... some sites may be offering downloads that are not actually from their sites.. are your REALLY sure you want to download a file that is not actually from the site you are visiting. There are some types...

Backup files can't be restored
This is similar problem to JZM posted 9/13/03. We have money 2000 standard edition. Our PC crashed and we had to restore original software that included money. We had been backing up regularly on floppy disk. I have tried and can not restore our backup file from this disk. The procedure seems straight forward, I click on "file", then "restore" and follow directions. My backup file appears on "A" drive and I select a "My Money" file to restore the backup to. I get a message that states that the "My Money" files exists and asks me if i want t...

.MDA files to Access 2007
hello, does anyone know how to convert Access 2000 .MDA files to the Access 2007 equivalent? ive been able to convert .MDB files to .ACCDB, but not MDAs. im new to Access, and have been asked by my project manager to perform this task. (we are converting our legacy Access 2000 application to Access 2007). if if makes a difference, in 2000 we used a .MDW to help open the .MDA. then we compiled the MDA into a .MDE. this was then used as a reference by something else. that is what we would like to replicate here... but the first step seems to be getting the .MDA into the Access 2007 format. i ...

How to copy non-contiguous columns to a text file
I would like to copy columns just B and J to a tab-delimited text file. Excel will allow me to select those 2 columns and perform various operations on them (bold, center, etc.). But when I try to copy (Ctrl-C) and then paste into NotePad (Ctrl-V), I get all of the intervening columns. I know I can rearrange the columns, but I'd like to know if there is a way to copy non-contiguous columns. Hi Jennifer, Hold Cntrl and select the B Column Data and hold the Cntrl and select the J Column data also. Now the B and J Column data only will be getting selected. Do Cntrl+C to copy the data and ...

distribution of Access files
Hi We are developing an application in which we are planning to use MSAccess as a database. I have MSAccess 2000 installed on my development machines. Its product ID is 50083-053-4473424-02634. I have several queries that I would like to ask you regarding licensing of ..mdb files. 1) Once the application is developed and ready to use, We would sell it to our client. We will provide .mdb files to our client which contains the database of the application. i.e our installer would install/copy the .mdb files in the client's machine where the software is being installed. That Machine(...

Unable to read file #10
I have created a small application in XL with VBA. Inadvertantly I must have changed the file extension. I now try to open the file and get the message "Unable to read file". Can someone help me get around this as a lot of work has gone into this particular project. Can i write some VBA code to get behind the scenes and open the file. Many thanks. Does this happen on just this one file? If yes, do you have a backup? Sometimes excel workbooks get corrupted. One cause is opening them from a floppy and saving to that floppy. (Instead you should use windows explorer to cop...

Export range to text file
I need to export a range from excel to a text file with a delimiter such as a comma or semicolon. I want to be able to have some kind of macro that will check each row and if a row is blank then it will stop there and only export the rows that has data. Which is why I was thinking of using a range, or array. I do have some formulas in the cells so do not want that to show up in the export. Thanks, -- Matt Scheperle mscheperle@gmail.com I have this code that I use to create a csv for later update some values in a system I hope it works Dim ColId As Integer Di...

Can I merge two money files?
I am running Home & Business 2007. We tracked our finances from Jan 1-June 30 in one file and Jul 1-today in another. (The nature of the business change and its owners). So, now our accountant would like to combine the informaiton into one file. Can this be done without me manually entering each transaction? Any help is APPRECIATED!! Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, jrwillden wrote: >I am running Home & Business 2007. We tracked our finances from Jan 1-June 30 >in one file and Jul 1-today in another. (The nature of the business change >and its owners). So, now our ac...

Word cannot open file as it >512MB
converted pdf file to MS Word file and cannot open using MS Word 2007. Please help Hi Hassimo, Try splittting the PDF file into multiple parts or at least converting into multiple Word files, each significantly smaller than 512MB. Even a 500MB file that Word can manage isn't going to perform well. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Hassimo" <Hassimo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:641452A1-F356-4377-881C-121F4412BED6@microsoft.com... > converted pdf file to MS Word file and cannot open using MS Word 2007. Please > help ...

importing graphic file msgbox flashes when changing records, turn
I have developed a form that uses the VBA code from the Employees Form in the Northwind database. The path of any graphic file (.jpg, .png, or .bmp) I choose is added to my main table and the graphic is displayed in an imageframe object on the form. I have noticed when I change from one record to another, that a msgbox announcing the image's path is being imported flashes briefly in the center of the form right before the image appears in the imageframe area. This does not happen when the file type is a .bmp file but it does for any other type. For a small file (12K or so...

how do i "set association" for an xlsx file to open?
I am trying to open a databse made in excel from my computer but keep getting an error message that says i need to "set assocition in control panel". What is this and how do I do it. Do you have Excel installed on your computer? If so, which version of Excel. *.xlsx is an Excel 2007 workbook. Perhaps in Windows Explorer you could right-click the *.xlsx file and "Open With" Choose Excel Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 10:35:01 -0800, sticksray06 <sticksray06@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to open a data...

Opening a Word file or Outlook email from Exel
Hi I am creating a document catalogue in xl, listing documenst of several types, e.g. xls, doc, msg, pdf etc I have the code to open xls files from excel, and the code for word dobuments. However a couple three things I am seeking: 1. Code to open and Outlook Email file from xl. 2. Code to open and Outlook Email file from xl. 3. Word. Currently the code will open a Word document, but it opens another Word program each time. I am looking for code which will figure out if Word is already open, and if so, only open the file requested, not an entire new Word program. If anyone can help in the...

?Examples to create new .mdb file and its tables from code (and more)
Can anyone direct me to an example code page which will help me do the following: After getting a path and filename from the user, I want to create a new .mdb file, create tables in the new file without leaving the .mdb file I am in, then link to the tables so I can populate them. Also, a different question but very closely related, in my various and sundry books on programming Access I have never seen a way programmatically to create a lookup field in a table. Does anyone have a how-to on that question as well? Thanks. - Paul Schrum In news:1187926977.681614.150800@x40g2000prg.googlegr...

Delete files with a specific string
Hello, I am looking for a way to delete every file that has a specific string in the filename and i want to delete the files from a folder and all subfolders. here is what i have come up with but it does not work: $list2 = gci "z:\corpstorage\archive\this project\_02_Archive\Delivered Info\Off site location\" -recurse -Include *2008-*, *2009-01*, *2009-02*, *2009-03*, *2009-04*, *2009-05*, *,2009-06* | foreach { remove-item $_.Path } Any help would be greatly appreciated hi, following should work just fine: Get-ChildItem "z:\corpstorage\archive\this projec...

Help with a template file
Im really new here so apologize if this has been asked before. My problem is this: I have created a template file that will be stored on a share drive company wide. What I need is something that when someone uses that template, it will create a unique number in a certain cell and then not change everytime the new .xls file is opened. I would like to have that number pull from 3 cells if possible. I do understand a little bit about macros from what I have learned from this discussion group. But please if its really complicated help me with step by step. Thank You A unique number? Like ...

Corrupt File Fix
During the video process, the laptop fell and shut down. The video in progress was saved and plays in the movie player, etc. but I cannot edit the video in Live Movie Maker. The video file has a thumbnail in all but the Movie Maker where I get the error message: 0x87160132 Also, in the player I cannot fast forward or use the other controls except 'stop'. What is the fix for this problem? Thanks This group is for Windows Media Player related stuff, not Movie Maker. Try posting this message in http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=...

Money '98 and .ofx file redux
I got a reply from "SG" who said he had the plug-in to allow Money 98 to handle .ofx files. Said he was sending it but didn't. Does anyone else hve this that he/she would share with me? I can't use my download from Royal Bank otherwise. Thank you. -- The spam has finally gotten to me so I've corrupted the address above. Try 'yahoo'. Take a look at http://money.mvps.org/patches.htm - there is an OFX patch there for Money 98. Can you confirm it's the correct one if it works please (Email is fine). -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://mo...

opens file slow
Opening file slowly .. network icon shows activity and then file opens. File is on local C:\ with no external links. If I disable network the file opens immediately. Reboot your computer. Then open Windows Explorer. In the address bar, enter %temp%. This will take you to your local temp directory. Clear it out completely. Try opening your file now. >-----Original Message----- >Opening file slowly .. network icon shows activity and >then file opens. File is on local C:\ with no external >links. If I disable network the file opens immediately. >. > ...