Associate A File

Could someone tell me the steps to Associate a file (.pps) so I can open it
in windows live mail.
Thank You

0
Jack

Assuming you have PowerPoint or PowerPoint Viewer installed:

  1.     Download and save the attachment on the desktop.
  2.     Right click on the saved file.
  3.     Select: Open With from the pop-up menu.
  4.     Click: Choose [default] Program.
  5.     Select: PowerPoint or the PPViewer.
  6.     Check: Always use the selected program to open this kind of file.
  7.     Click OK.

If it still does not open directly from WLMail:

Unable to open .PPS attachments directly from Windows Mail or Windows Live
Mail
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/unable-to-open-pps-ppt-from-windows-mail-or-wlm/

--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"Jack" <Audioman1@myway.com> wrote in message
> Could someone tell me the steps to Associate a file (.pps) so I can open
> it in windows live mail.
> Thank You

0
Bruce
9/12/2010 3:52:43 AM
On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 23:46:25 -0400, "Jack" <Audioman1@myway.com>
wrote:

>Could someone tell me the steps to Associate a file (.pps) so I can open it
>in windows live mail.
>Thank You

This really has nothing to do with Windows Live, it's a function of
the operating system.

Google

associate a file type with a program <operating system>, ie

associate a file type with a program windows xp
Evan

Publisher 98 Files
Hi, I have loads of files saved with Publisher 98. I now have Publisher 2003 but I am unable to load any files saved in Publisher 98. When trying to load the old files I just get a error. Does anyone know if there is a way around this? Thanks Mark wrote: > Hi, I have loads of files saved with Publisher 98. I now > have Publisher 2003 but I am unable to load any files > saved in Publisher 98. When trying to load the old files > I just get a error. Does anyone know if there is a way > around this? Thanks Sounds like a problem with Norton Antivirus. Hi , The following F...

Access 2000 File Format in Access 2003
Dear all, If I'm using Access 2003 to create Access 2000 format, is there any new feature in Access 2003 which I can't apply in Access 2000 file ? Thx. Vensia On Wed, 9 May 2007 14:20:23 +0700, "Vensia" <vensia2000_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote: >Dear all, > >If I'm using Access 2003 to create Access 2000 format, is there any new >feature in Access 2003 which I can't apply in Access 2000 file ? >Thx. there are many; however, are you deploying to users with Access 2000, or with Access 2003? The default format for your database is (normally) 200...

Batch conversion of Publisher files to Word
I went through the half dozen or so posts of conversion from Publisher to Word but they didn't address my following question. I have 240 MS Publisher files that were created by someone else. I need to extract the content and import it into MS Word. The original files were used for the publication of a manual... yes you guess it, a 240 page manual and why they decided to make 240 seperate files for each page is way beyond me but perhaps you MS Publisher experts would have a rationale for this (I've used Quark in the past and just made one big file... but hey! to each their own)....

HELP: Final Question About Hackers Stealing Files Via Wireless Net
Hello, my question is to verify if these statements are true, I wanted to email these guys personally but I understand it's better to share this with everyone. The questions concern if hackers can break into my Vista computer and access the hard drive's files, if my laptop is wirelessly connected to an unsecured router (meaning they connect to the unsecured router, and connect to my laptop that's wirelessly connected to the router). Also, I have not shared any folders (so was wondering if with cracking admin access they could get around it). The first ...

MS Word 2007 makes files read-only for no apparent reason
Many have experienced this and I haven't found any solutions on this or other forums. Normally, like most others, I like to save the word document I am working on every once in a while. The first few times I do this, there is no problem, but eventually Word will decide that the file you are currently working on is read-only and cannot be saved. The read-only box in the file properties is NOT ticked and all security permissions are in force for the user. Please help. I am tired of saving my file under a different name every 5 minutes. ...

pst file disappeared!
My Outlook pst file has just disappeared. I used Outlook last night and for the last few months without any problems, then this morning when I turned on the pc and tried to start Outlook I received the following error message: Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. unable to display the selected folder or item. The file F:\Documents and Settings\Tony Winyard\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst is not a personal folders file. The Outlook.pst file was pretty big and contained a lot of emails, contacts, calendar entries etc, but windows explorer no...

File transfer
anyone know how to transfer files from a Mac to XP? ...

can i recover a file i accidentally didn't save changes
i accidentally didn't save changes to a excel document. is it backed up somewhere with the auto save feature? ...

Transfer files/documents
I had MSWord on my old PC...now I have a MacBook...I want to take the files/documents from word on my PC and put them into word on my MacBook...I tried downloading them onto a disc and then putting the disc in my Mac and trying to drag and drop them into Word but it didn't work...HELP! What does "drop them into Word" mean? You should be dropping them into a folder to be used by Word. By default this would be My Documents or Documents. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "MiniP" &l...

How to convert Excel to ASCII file?
I have a large Excel file with many columns and rows. I need to convert it to an ASCII file that has each file separated by commas and with each field surrounded by double quotation marks. Can anyone guide me as to how to do this? Many thanks, CJN, You can save the file (File - Save As) specifying csv or txt as the file type ("Save as type" at bottom of dialog). Neither, as far as I know, will put quote marks around all fields -- only those with a field delimiter (comma) or text qualifier (quote marks) in the actual data. Quote marks around all fields aren't normally needed...

excel file copied to cd-r is read only
I copied an excel file to a cd-r data disc, but when loaded into another computer it is read only. I can work with the file here and create new there, do I need a different disc? kzas Hi! When you transfer the file by cd-r to another computer: copy the file from the cd onto the hard drive; inspect the new file (File>Properties > General tab in Excel or us Explorer); Uncheck the Attributes box which says Read only; Resave the file. Al -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com thanks, I'll give it a try later today and get back kzas "AlfD >" wrote: > ...

Mystery large file size
I recently created a workbook with lots of tabs,data etc. I noticed that the size of the file seemed huge in comparison to a file with similar content (30Mb / 1Mb), but couldn't see why. I found that if I copied a single from the file tab to a new workbook, deleted all the data and saved it, it was reduced from 2.8Mb to 2.6Mb !! Any ideas on why this is ?? How to reduce it ?? -- CPhil ------------------------------------------------------------------------ CPhil's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29842 View this thread: http://www.excelforum...

How can I display a message for users on file open?
I am interested in creating a default instructional reminder for all users of a spreadsheet I have created. How can I do this and have the reminder displayed each time the file is opened? 1. With the workbook open, press Alt-F11. 2. From the menu, choose View, then Project Explorer. 3. Open the section called "ThisWorkbook" 4. Type the follwing: Sub MyMessage end Sub >-----Original Message----- >I am interested in creating a default instructional reminder for all users of >a spreadsheet I have created. How can I do this and have the reminder >displayed each time...

Updating links to Password protected files
I have a Password-to-open protected file. I paste-link 3 separate selections of data into three files which are used by three subordinates. When they need to update the links they are asked for the password to the "Master" file. Is there any way to let them have the updates without using the Password?? hi, Jim ! > I have a Password-to-open protected file. > I paste-link 3 separate selections of data into three files which are used by three subordinates. > When they need to update the links they are asked for the password to the "Master" file. > Is there any...

Excel file saved as txt with justified column numbers when viewed in a txt viewer
I was wondering if its possible/how to export an excel file to txt format and make sure that the first column in excel will start be from column 1-10 on a txt viewer and the second column would be from 11-20 in the txt viewer. If anyone could help me with this, I would really appreciate it. Saved from a previous post: There's a limit of 240 characters per line when you do File|saveas and use .prn files. So if your data wouldn't create a record that was longer than 240 characters, you can save the file as .prn. I like to use a fixed width font (courier new) and adjust t...

double file in excel
somehow i managed to have a splitted excel-file. when i'm opening it it alwasy opesn as "name:1 [VSync]" and "name:2 [VSync]". how can i stop this? The easiest way is to close one of the windows. Just click the "x" of one of them. And Save. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "steve" <usefulhints@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:5dff01c42dca$5e613890$a301280a@phx.gbl... | somehow i managed to have a splitted excel-file. when i'm | opening it it alwasy opesn as "name:1 [VSync]" and "name:2 | [VSync]". how can i stop this? ...

Blank JPG file attachments
Why is it that at times when I send out an e-mail it will include several "image*.jpg" file attachments, which are blank. They're only 2kb, but they tend to be an annoyance among those I send e-mails to. I don't even have any pictures in the e-mails I sent. I may, though, copy text from a Word file into the e-mail before sending. Please let me know what I can do to cease these JPGs from attaching to outgoing e-mails. Thanks! ...

Help File Favorites
Where are the Visual C++ help file favorites stored? ...

Transfering Files from one computer to another
I am settin up a new computer for my father. He has MS Money 2003 on his old laptop and he wants the information from his old computer transfered to the new computer's MS Money. I'm not familiar with Money so I tried to export the accounts, but it would only let me export one account at a time. Im not even sure if this is the correct approach, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, HG In microsoft.public.money, Hunter wrote: >I am settin up a new computer for my father. He has MS >Money 2003 on his old laptop and he wants the information ...

2 same ways of protecting Excel file
In Excel 2007 we can protect workbook using 2 ways: 1. Office button > Save as, choose file format, and then Tools, General options. 2. Office button > Prepare > Encrypt document Does anybody know is there difference between these 2 ways Thanks ...

Does WMP 12 have File, View, etc on the top?
I have Windows 7 and (I guess) Windows Media Player 12. I was trying to find which version I have and someone said I should check Help, then About (as with almost every other software program) - but there is no Help up on top and no File, View etc. like the Media Player on my XP box. So... is there something missing on my Media Player 12, as I suspect, and if so, do I uninstall it (how?) and reinstall it? Or are there no drop down menus on Media Player 12? Thanks for any light you can shed on this mystery Robert press the ctrl and M keys simultaneously and the menu bar shou...

Microsoft Access and PDF files
I am a graphic designer for a small company. Our price pages are=20 Microsoft Access 97 I would like a better looking finished price=20 product. I want to know if there is a way to import PFD files to work = in=20 the background of a Microsoft Access 97 document. Thank You ...

How do I create an XML file for my VB 2005 App?

converting to excel from a .123 file format
am unable to convert a lotus document to excel. the document is a file with a .123 extension (or file format). can anyone help? I have Conversions Plus and will try to convert it for you if you enail it. On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 20:52:59 -0700, "edmund" <edmund_daniel@msn.com> wrote: >am unable to convert a lotus document to excel. >the document is a file with a .123 extension (or file >format). can anyone help? ...

message
I cannot now open an EXCEL file I created some while ago. Instead I get a message saying file format is invalid. File name is less than 219 characters. I can see what is in the file using Quick View. How can I restore access to file using EXCEL? Maybe try Inserting it into a blank Excel sheet.........or try opening it in Excel XP, or even MS Word........ Does it for sure have an .xls extention......maybe someone opened it in another program and saved it as some thing else...... hth Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "robert potts" <annebob@sr82nf.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in me...