Are random signatures possible in Windows Live Mail?

Is it possible to have a list of quotes or other phrases which will be
inserted at random when one's signature is generated on an outgoing email?

Thanks in advance.

No.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"BfloDoc" <BfloDoc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> Is it possible to have a list of quotes or other phrases which will be =

> inserted at random when one's signature is generated on an outgoing =
email?
>=20
> Thanks in advance.
0
Gary
5/17/2010 4:55:28 PM
There's nothing built into WLM for that.

But you could potentially use a 3rd party program.

You can store your signature either in the registry or as an external
file.  So a 3rd party program could periodically modify the signature.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"BfloDoc" <BfloDoc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to have a list of quotes or other phrases which will be
> inserted at random when one's signature is generated on an outgoing
> email?
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
Michael

Outlook Live import
I expect it's a missing feature of Outlook Live but the ability to import and export is unavailable. Does anyone know of an easy way to import mail from Thunderbird. Many thanks, Richard outlook live does not support importing or exporting -- "Bother," said Pooh as he struggled with the computer. "It never does quite what I want." "I wish Christopher Robin were here." "Richard Chamberlain" <Richard Chamberlain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F040A2C3-783E-4082-9857-AE0949D5DDA8@microsoft.com... >I expect it...

Multithreading and accessing window pointer from thread
Hello All, There has been a lot discussion on this group about MFC Multithreading. Still I want to make sure one thing about How to access Window Pointer within thread I am passing Window handle as lParam of thread and want to access window pointer from thread, Code is like this void CMainFrame::StartThread() { AfxBeginThread(ThreadProc,this->m_hwnd); } UINT ThreadProc (LPVOID lpParam) { HWND hWnd = (HWND)lpParam; CMainFrame *pFrameWnd = (CMainFrame*)CWnd::FromHandle(hWnd); if(pFrameWnd && pFrameWnd->GetSafeHWnd()) { BOOL bFlag = pFrameWnd->m_bFlag; pFram...

Excel and Windows Live Mail
Hi all I update my Mail add-in and VBA code examples to avoid the error if you use Windows Live Mail as your default mail program. More information in the blog post : http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/archives/2010/04/25/windows-live-mail-wlm-and-excel-problem-part-two/ If you have problems let me know so I can update the code/add-in if needed Thanks -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm ...

Exporting Junk E-mail Senders
Here's a funky question that I can't figure out the solution. Is there a way to export junk and adult content e-mail senders so that I can keep Outlook filtering the same addresses both at home and at the office? Thanks. ...

XEXCH50 issue with smtp mail incoming from an external MS server
Hi, I received a complaint that an external contact could not send mail to our exchange 5.5 SP 4 mail server, but had no problem sending to our non-MS mail servers. I have applied the patch from MS03-046, to prevent denial of service hacks with XEXCH50. When I examined the logs I found multiple entries like... The event log shows an entry MSExchangeIMC, SMTP Interface Events, ID 4153 x.x.x.x attempted to submit without using authentication. The submission was not allowed. and the SMTP log shows 02/12/2003 13:41:33 : A connection was accepted from x.x.x.x. 02/12/2003 13:41:33 : <<&l...

user doesn't get internet mail
hi, i exch 5.5 and a user that doesn't get mail from the internet. he can get from inside and send with no problem. thank you ron On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 03:19:04 -0800, "iz" <iz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hi, >i exch 5.5 and a user that doesn't get mail from the internet. >he can get from inside and send with no problem. >thank you >ron Has he actually got an smtp address on his mailbox properties? Internal mail in 5.5 doesn't use the smtp ...

Opportunity>Quote 'Mail Merge' Issue
Dear Forum Members: When I add three 'different' products (Product A, Product B, Product C) to an Opportunity and then try to Produce a Quote in Word (Mail Merge), I get the 'same' product 3 times (Product A, Product A, Product A). I think there may be an issue with the database fields I have placed in my XML template. Please help! Thanks, I see the problem, yet I still need advice on how to repair the Quote in Word. The Mail Merge is creating 3 Quotes for 3 Recipients. For example, Quote #1 has has Product A three times, Quote # 2 has Product B three times, Quote # ...

Exchange outbound mail
Hi Exchange Users, i'm new to exchange and wondering if you can help. MS Exchange is working fine but there is a minor thing with the outgoing side if things. Can i configure Exchange to sent mail to my Domain Providers SMTP Server ? (belive you can since it could be done in Exchange Server 5.5) I use POP Beamer to download from my Domain Providers POP3 server and forwards to the Exchange Server. specify your Domain Provider's SMTP server as a smart host "Steven Jones" <steven45@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:Xns9595AB1002D8Csteven45ntlworldcom@194.168.222...

Outlook changes mail settings
I have two questions. 1. Every time I reboot my computer I have to go to outlook and change the settings (the username and the pop server). Is there a solution for this? 2. I am getting about 20 email that say they are from microsoft and they contain viruses I do not open then and I do not have any viruses on my computer, I have scanned about 20 times and have not found anything. I have also followed the steps from my antivirues software on removing the SWEN_A virus and there is nothing there. Is there away to get these email to stop other then changing email? (I love my email address)...

My IMAP Inbox is showing in calendars, not in the mail folder
Help. This is driving me mad. When I click on the IMAP master folder in the mail view I don't see my inbox. It's in the calendar view and I want to move it back. any help gratefully received. Adam ...

WSS Email notification is not sending the e-mails
The email notification is set on for my lists. This should send an e-mail whenever the owner is assigned, but we get no e-mails. We're using an "Assigned to" field, thinking this is the owner. Is this correct or do I need something else? Thanks ...

HELP!! Windows Explorer Hangs on Startup!
Hi all, I've had this Presario 2195US laptop for 4-5 years; running XP from SP1 to (now) SP3... no problems. 2-3 weeks ago, I tried to connect a 160gb USB-encased hard drive with no luck... proceeding along I pretty much hosed my windows. Anyway, I decided to reformat/install a copy of XP Pro w/SP3 (thought XP Home didn't like 160gb) and, after a few MS updates, every time I boot the system it shows the DESKTOP, the bottom left of the TaskBar and NOTHING on bottom-right. Cursor moves, I can Ctrl-Alt-Delete and, when I move cursor to TaskBar area... cursor turns in...

DPM 2010 RC and Windows 2008/R2 System Protection
I have DPM 2010 RC (Fresh Install w/ SQL) backing up our Exchange 2010, AD, and Hyper-V R2 servers. All has been working fine except for last couple of days none of the servers are backing up 'System Protection'. Bare Metal Recovery and System State is failing on each protected server. Here is the error message: "DPM failed to create the backup. If you are backing up only System State, verify if there is enough free space on the protected server to store the System State backup. On protected server running Windows 2008 Server operating system, verify that the ...

blocking mail
Is there a way to block ALL E-mail EXCEPT those I want to have access to me? WinME and Outlook Espress 5.0 >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to block ALL E-mail EXCEPT those I want to >have access to me? WinME and Outlook Espress 5.0 >. >Yes, Create folder called "Accepted Email" then using Message Rules, set it so that any email that is "From" (choose everyone in your address book) goes into the "Accepted Email" folder. Then check In Box to see if anyone you know might have new email address. In reverse you could choose to have ...

Windows Mail
Some files cannot be sent out even though I have timer sent for outgoing mail at five minutes. The outing blue bar moves real slow and when it gets about three quarters for finishing it stops and says server stopped working. What is the size of this file? Please post the error message verbatim. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Walter Chimack" <WalterChimack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7248DDC-9599-47AD-8447-482203F6C2D7@microsoft.com... > Some files cannot be sent out even though I have timer...

AP Signature file
We have had a change in management & need to change the signature on our checks. This was origninally set up by our reseller, but we would like to make that change ourselves. Anyone point to some documentation on installing / testing a signature file? Thanks Merle, Are your checks printed using the standard GP check form or are you using a 3rd party app like Mekorma? If standard GP, then you'll need to modify the check using Report Writer and replace the current image file. If Mekorma or another 3rd party app, you will need to use their form customization tools. Hope this he...

2 gigabytes of mail on my personal home computer
i receive about 100 pcs of mail a day on my personal computer at home. todate after three years, i have about 2gb and my computer is beginning to run slowly under outlook. what should i do? will archiving reduce my .pst file? how can i make my 2003 outlook run faster. On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 23:41:02 -0800, "Paul Sandoval" <Paul Sandoval@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i receive about 100 pcs of mail a day on my personal computer at home. todate >after three years, i have about 2gb and my computer is beginning to run >slowly under outlook. what should i do? Wel...

Having problems with window sizing on a protected workbook
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and have some questions. I created a workbook for my shop that basically has simple macr functions that take you from sheet to sheet. The problem I'm having is when I protect the workbook, then re-open th workbook the window that displays the info is too small and is coverin some comments and a little text. How do I resize this window to suit my needs? Thanks Jo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi what window do you mean? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi all, > > I'm new to the forum and have some qu...

to shut down windows by ending a vb.net program
Is it possible to run a vb.net program and when it ends (there are many calculations) to shut down windows(for me windows 7)in the program in the last program line? And how to do this? Thanks for any response andrews wrote: > Is it possible to run a vb.net program and when it ends (there are many > calculations) to shut down windows(for me windows 7)in the program in > the last program line? > And how to do this? > Thanks for any response Windows 7 may be different, but I doubt it. http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-5030366.html From the U...

How do you add a live URL link to the body of an email?

viewing e-mails
I just updated my outlook express to version 6.0 and when I open my e-mails I get a small window. I opened an e- mail, expanded the window and closed the window. I then exited from outlook express and tried it again. The window is still small, what can I do about it< Earlene wrote: > I just updated my outlook express to version 6.0 and when > I open my e-mails I get a small window. I opened an e- > mail, expanded the window and closed the window. I then > exited from outlook express and tried it again. The > window is still small, what can I do about it< You c...

Imported messages from POP3 unable to read mail from initial downl
I had mail on a POP3 server and set up an account on Outlook 2003. I hit send/receive and it began to download 1600+ messages. When it finished, none of the emails were visible. Since then, if I get one or two at a time, I am able to read them without any trouble--but cannot find these 1600 messages ANYWHERE. When I logged back in to my POP3 account without using Outlook, it showed I had 0 messages. This is causing me tremendous stress, I had a LOT of business contacts in these emails. I just can't figure out why they evaporated! Anyone have any ideas? I would be VERY appreciativ...

Adding Fax Mail Transport in OutLook
There is no way to add Fax Mail Transport to all users. We need to spend a lot of time visit every single user's desktop and configure the Fax Mail Transport in OutLook for each user, one by one. It would be nice if it is a universal settings that we can turn on or configure globally for all users. Thanks -- TSKT ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to o...

Symantec Mail Security 4.5
Just installed mail security 4.5 and works fine except when I got to spam statistics I get the error message: "Spam statistics are not available. Administrative privileges are required." When going into by dcl or domain. I am accessing it as a Admin. This is a Exchange 2000 + Win 2000 box. smold@pdsnet.co.uk wrote in news:cdoa56$qr3@odah37.prod.google.com: > Just installed mail security 4.5 and works fine except when I got to > spam statistics I get the error message: > > "Spam statistics are not available. Administrative privileges are > required." &...

Automatic e-mailings to to contacts from my outlook
Every two weeks or so e-mails are automatically sent out to my contacts by that are advertisements of vulgarity or other matters. Usually the same persons. I have all of the MS updates and all of the Norton updates and have upgraded my Outlook to 2003. Is there any way I can ride myself of this problem? I have kept some copies of the e-mails to get a clue as to what and how this happens but have no solution. What to do? Virus-Worm???? Gregory W. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Every two weeks or so e-mails are automatically sent out > to my contacts by that ...