Answer to posted question

How can I tell that someone has answered my newsgroup question?
0
bert

On 12/09/2010 15:29, bert wrote:
> How can I tell that someone has answered my newsgroup question?

View-Replies to my posts?
0
Gordon
9/12/2010 2:34:29 PM
Come back to the newsgroup periodically and look for replies in your =
thread.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"bert"  wrote in message news:OLbmjboULHA.2104@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

How can I tell that someone has answered my newsgroup question?=20

0
Gary
9/12/2010 9:34:29 PM
I "mark" mine - the spectacles icon column, then replies are highlighted in
red.

"Gary VanderMolen" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
> Come back to the newsgroup periodically and look for replies in your
> thread.

> "bert"  wrote in message news:OLbmjboULHA.2104@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>
> How can I tell that someone has answered my newsgroup question?

0
Bill

Question re Office Mac 2004 Student & teacher
I want to install Office Mac 2004 on my iBook. My iBook is crowded up with applications and I am wondering if it will be possible to install only the parts of Office that I intend to use: Word and Power Point. I have no use for Entourage, Excel, or Messenger. Can I pick and choose or am I stuck with the whole package? I don't want to begin the install without being clear about this. Also, are there other things I should know about compatability before I install? When you insert your Office install disk, you will see two items. One of them is the Microsoft Office 2004 folder, which you ca...

2 questions: line spacing & using newsgroups
I'm using Out Look 2000. OS = Windows XP Home Question # 1 Sometimes, when I go to paste content into an out going email, it double spaces the lines. I can't find a setting to change this. If I back space, it adds the line to the one above it. But if I then hit "enter", it double spaces it. I can't seem to get rid of that extra space. How do you do it? Question # 2 When I use OutLook to go to news groups, I cant seem to post a message from there. When I type my posted message, I get the error message: No Sender was specified. Please check your News Account confi...

OLE not posting?
WINXP, IE8 and IE7, OLE6. Not sure what is happening but when I post to a newsgroup on my other system, it doesn't go through. The post goes into the sent folder but never shows up on newsgroup I'm posting to. I've checked settings against this sytem and they are the same unless I'm missing something. Never had this happen until I D/L IE8 but not sure if that is the real cause or not. Still running IE7 on this system. Thanks for any help, What newsgroup are you posting to and which newsserver are you using to access this newsgroup? L.S. wrote: > ...

Parameter Query Question 03-01-10
Why doesn't this work? In the Criteria field of a QBE grid, I have the following formula, to pull some parameters off a form. How can I code the "*" condition, if the chkAll is true? IIf([Forms]![frmLA_Control_Panel].[chkAll]=True,([tblOnliners]. [Region]) Like "*",[Forms]![frmLA_Control_Panel].[cboRegions]) (this doen't work) IIf([Forms]![frmLA_Control_Panel].[chkAll]=True,"*",[Forms]! [frmLA_Control_Panel].[cboRegions]) (this doesn't work either) "doesn't work" doesn't give us much to go on ... can you be a bi...

SQL Question
Can anybody decipher what this is trying to say? DECODE(SUBSTR(DISC_CD,1,3),NULL,' ','367','DNP','408','NIC','607','NIC',DECODE(FLOOR(ASCII(SUBSTR(DISC_CD,1,1))/60),0,'NIC','DNP') Examples of the disc_cd are 36712, 60706, etc.... Thanks, Mo -- Mo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Moe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1250 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31984 Moe <Moe.1g6v7z@excelforum-nospam.com...

Formula Question #21
I'm working with payroll data. I have a formula that displays payroll data that's based on a payroll date. Until the payroll date is reached the cell reads FALSE. Is there a way to display a 0 instead? This is the formula =IF(A30>=A36,SUM('3-15'!X38 +'3-15'!AB38 + '3-15'!AF38 + '3-15'!AJ38 + '3-15'!BT38)). Cell A30 contains the current date. I have another formula that adds the number of hours worked in the 2 pay periods in the month. If the hours add up to <100 a message appears. The problem is it's using the same cells to calul...

Basic Formula question
I'm trying to set up a simple employee time sheet and I want to list each day showing the employee working say "8 to 6" but then at the end of the week have excel total up the hours. But I'm not sure how to get the cell showing "8 to 6" to translate into a numerical value so I can get it to total up at the end of the week. I would set up two columns: Start time and End time. Then hours worked is: =(EndTime - StartTime) * 24 Regards Fred "Matthew" <billgates@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:hk9hnl$knl$1@news.eternal-septem...

Exchange 5.5 Diagnostic Logging Question
Does anyone know if you are required to restart the IMS service on Exchange 5.5 after turning on IMS diagnostic logging? I have turned up logging but I am not getting any events. Thanks in advance for your help Yes you do need to restart the IMS "Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E875A186-B820-48B0-A165-14A769D5F78C@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if you are required to restart the IMS service on > Exchange > 5.5 after turning on IMS diagnostic logging? I have turned up logging but > I > am not getting any events. > > ...

Excel question about "Find" or "Search"
I would like to type a number into a specified cell within an Excel worksheet and hit "Enter" or click on something and Excel finds a matching number within the same worksheet. I realize there is a find function on the toolbar but I want to this function with in the worksheet only. This worksheet will be posted on our website and the toolbar will not be available. Is that possibel and if so please tell me how. Thanks, Stan Ferrell Hi Stan, Take a look at Event macros http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm possibly record a macro to get the working part for the ...

online Exchange mode
This is related to my previous post: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.outlook.general/browse_thread/thread/02dfe7200967b283/?hl=en# In Outlook online mode with Preview Pane on, does single-clicking on a message (solely to display it in the Preview Pane) download just the text of the message (like in OWA), or the text + attachment? I can't find info about this. Is this behaviour different in Outlook 2003 vs. 2007? If it's in online mode the attachment isn't really "downloaded" per se, nor is the message. The message is merely displayed and the attachm...

Question about finding specific record on a Form linked to a table
I have a Form that is linked to a table. It has been used for a while for both viewing records and for updating data. I have added a combo box to the form, and set it RowSource to a query that finds a smaller set of records from table that the Form is based on. When the Form opens, it always goes to the 1 record that was created in the table. What I would like to do, is have it open to the 1st record in the ComboBox. In the Form_Load and Form_Open, I have tried setting the Combo to it's first item, which works, and then calling Combo_AfterUpdate to execute the loookup ...

The Post vs. Note in Public Folders Subject
I have Exchange Svr 2003 and OL2003 clients. I have applied the registry fix found in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817809 This fix works for SMTP mail only. But I still can't change any of the PF's to be based on a form other than a POST type form. I have a number of custom message forms that I used in Exchange 5.5. Now I can't use them. And all internal messages have to be sent via SMTP rather than just posting directly in the PF. Is there not a solution for this? Seems like a step backward for sure. Tim wrote: > I have Exchange Svr 2003 and OL2003 clients. > &...

Question of bubble color
The Excel wizard automatically colors any bubble where the bubble size reference data is negative as white. Is there a way to change the color of supposedly negative (white) bubbles to something else? I've tried a number of things with no success. This seems to be an automatic feature I can't turn off. Thanks -RA Hi Richard - Apparently you can't change the negative bubble color. However, you can still make the negative bubbles a different color. Using a variation on my conditional charting technique: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html mak...

2 Questions Importing Contacts and Auto Reponders
I ma working on an exchange server 2003 and I need to do 2 things. 1. Import contacts from a users personal address book into the global address book so that everyone has access to it??? 2. Two people have left the compnay and we want to send an auto responder telling customers these are no longer in use and that if they have any questions please email someone else for one type of question and someone else for a another type of question. How do set this up on exchange???? Ever Learning Net Admin 1. I know of no way to do this except manually. You might check http://www.slipstick.com ...

MACRO development question
In word, the easy way to write a macro is to record it, then make any alterations. 1. Is there a way to do this with Visio 2002? 2. Does anyone have a macro to export to another image format (esp PCX) they would be willing to share? TIA Andrew a b a k e r AT f l o w l o g i c DOT c o m DOT a u Macro recording will be introduced into Visio 2003 which will be released next month. There examples of VBA code for Visio at http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/vis...

Win 7/64 pro "Reserved partition" question
My installed W7 has its active booting partition be a small 100 MB partition that has no drive letter assigned, it is called "reserved". I'm told that if I had installed to a formatted drive, this small partition would not exist. I'd like to get rid of it and have W7 boot right to the C: system partition. In doing some fiddling with ShadowProtect Inage Backup I managed to eliminate the small partition and now I boot just fine to C: and my "F8" function on booting still works fine. Am I in a "bad" situation or is this acceptable to keep t...

Posted Batch
Hi, How can I see the posted batch, before posted? Than you Before posting the batch, click the printer icon at the top right of the window. This will show the batch as if it was posted, and if you have errors it will show them also. "Mauricio Ramirez" wrote: > Hi, > > How can I see the posted batch, before posted? > > Than you Thank you klewis, but I want to review after in a report or something like that, only to assure to me that batch was posted. Any suggestion? "klewis" wrote: > Before posting the batch, click the printer icon at the to...

checkbox question
i have a template in excel with a checkbox. im importing from another file, either a true or false, or 0 or 1. how do i get excel to make a check or not based upon the values from the other file Maybe you could use a helper column of cells with formulas: =IF(A1=TRUE,CHAR(252),"") or =IF(A1=1,CHAR(252),"") And format that column with a font of wingdings (it'll look like a checkmark). oTTO wrote: > > i have a template in excel with a checkbox. im importing from another > file, either a true or false, or 0 or 1. how do i get excel to make a > check or no...

A few very tough questions..
I recently took over an SBS 2008 installation from a group that had no business installing it in the first place. There were a ton of event viewer errors, Exchange, SBS Console, you name it, they screwed it up. There are 25 users and they never installed antivirus on either the Exchange mailboxes or the client computers. Enough of that.. Here are the few remaining issues. 1. They never ran a best practices tool. When I did Exchange showed a "first administrator group" of an old Exchange 2003 SBS install on another computer that crashed. I don't know how or why it&#...

Question on debug mode
When I close the webpage that was openened by running F5 (Debug run) in Visual Studio 2010, my VS goes out of debug mode at once. Same with a few collagues. But one guy just stays into debug mode and needs to click the Stop Debugging button every time (IE and Firefox). The question: is it an option somewhere in V.S. to stop debugging or not on closing the browser window that was opened by a debug request, or is an install problem? thx for your help "Jokke" <Jokke007007@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3C30FDAE-F34D-435D-AD42-674CA6183FDD@microsoft.com.....

ThisWorkbook.RefreshAll Issue/Question
I have a problem I was hoping someone might be able to help with. My environment is as follows: * OS: Windows 7 -or- Windows XP SP3 (does not seem to matter) * Excel 2007 (12.0.6514.500) SP2 MSO (12.0.6425.1000) * Microsoft Visual Basic 6.5.1040 (installed from the Office CD with Excel 2007) * WSS 3.0 SP1 (on a remote server) I am using an macro-enabled Excel workbook (xlsm) that contains connections to a dozen SharePoint lists. When I call the ThisWorkBook.RefreshAll function in one of my routines, I sometimes (not always) recieve multiple error messages as follows: * ...

need expert to answer PFMIGRATE question
hello. i am going to use PFMIGRATE (the 2003 version) to move hundreds of public folders from various exch 5.5 sites to an exch 2003 site. the problem is this: on any given 5.5 server there are hundreds of public folders, but not all of them are homed to that server. some might be homed to a server in a different site. i understand that PFMIGRATE has the /SC switch for "site consolidation" but am very unclear as to how and when to use it and the MS documentation is lacking to say the least. since PFMIGRATE doesnt let you specify specific folders, but only lets you specify a ...

GL posting error
We have set up a new installation of Dynamics and migrated sales invoices using the Transactions>Sales>Transaction entry method. The original document date was entered and as some invoices are over 12months old, we had to set up 2 priod fiscal periods. However,when we post them, the batch is stopped with "The date cannot be before the first day of the most recent historical year". Is there anyway to get the GL postings to flow through? ...

Payables PM 10000 Question
I have a quick question... What is the NOTEINDX field in the PM10000 table? I know it's a Note Index, but how is it generated and what does it cross reference? I creating an integration and need to know how and where... Thanks. Jeff Jeff, You posted this question last Friday. Usually, you must check back to see if a response has been issued before reposting the same question. During the integration process, Dynamics GP will assign the next note index to your transaction. The note index itself is retrieved from the Company Master table (SY01500) in the DYNAMICS database and i...

Date conversion question
Am trying to understand why is that when I have a variable MaxDate (undeclared) and is has a value of 38697 and if I use =TEXT(MaxDate,"mm/dd/yy") I get the correct value of 12/12/09 but if I use function =CDATE(MaxDate) I get 12/11/2005 as an output? Also the format command didn't work either to convert MaxDate with the code =format(MaxDate, "mm/dd/yy") as it also gave 12/11/2005 when the correct output was 12/12/09. I am trying to understand this. Thanks, Chet Assuming you are using XL2003 or lower... if you click to Tools/Options = on the menu bar, th...