Answer to posted question

How can I tell that someone has answered my newsgroup question?
0
bert

On 12/09/2010 15:29, bert wrote:
> How can I tell that someone has answered my newsgroup question?

View-Replies to my posts?
0
Gordon
9/12/2010 2:34:29 PM
Come back to the newsgroup periodically and look for replies in your =
thread.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"bert"  wrote in message news:OLbmjboULHA.2104@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

How can I tell that someone has answered my newsgroup question?=20

0
Gary
9/12/2010 9:34:29 PM
I "mark" mine - the spectacles icon column, then replies are highlighted in
red.

"Gary VanderMolen" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
> Come back to the newsgroup periodically and look for replies in your
> thread.

> "bert"  wrote in message news:OLbmjboULHA.2104@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>
> How can I tell that someone has answered my newsgroup question?

0
Bill

Cross/Multi-posted on purpose......
Hi All, SameStuffDifferentDay..........my posts are still all missing from this newsgroup, and have been cut 'way back from the other groups.......as soon as I send one to the misc group, it shows up and then right away gets deleted........does anyone know what is going on?........is this happening to anyone else?.......is anybody out there? I'm intentionally sending this to .misc, .newusers, and .worksheet.functions in an effort to try to find out what is happening here...... Any insight would be appreciated..... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 Posted and emailed. Chuck: Yes, ...

VERIFY REPORT Question
Hi, Ive a question about reports. I appreciate that to enable you to filter on custom fields from standard crm reports you need to verify the database. Now, does this mean that every time i add in a new column to crm i have to go through and verify each of my reports?? Thanks ! that is correct. until you do this each report will not know about the new field -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Jo Hughes" <email.johughes@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1120558923.595980.19740@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Ive a question ...

horrifyingly difficult excel chart / gantt question...
Hi, Sounds complicated, but will save a heap of time for me... I've got some data (actually exported from MS Project) in the following format: task name | duration | start date | finish date | level --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- task 1 | x | 1/1/6 | 30/1/6 | 1 task 2 | y | 5/1/6 | 20/1/6 | 2 milestone 1 | z | 25/1/6 | 15/1/6 | 3 and I want to roll these up in...

Beginners Question
Hi All I had a beginners question about CRM and this seemed like a good place to start :-) I'm looking at what constitutes a CRM application - in your mind. I've seen some references to people importing data from apps like Symantec ACT! (which, if memory serves, is an SFA application). As you might note from my sig, my company produces a help desk application (which I'm led to believe is another part of a CRM app). So, I'm left with the impression that CRM is a help desk app, an SFA app and some customer data mining tool all melded together. Am I close? -- Derek Davidson...

Receivings Posting Journal
Hello all, I had an interruption while posting recevings and was later able to post however on the Receivings Posting Journal it says "**Error Posting to table POP30390. Restore from backup if possible" "**Error Posting to table POP30310. Restore from backup if possible" Can't find in knowledge base anywhere. TIA Brian, Checkout blog post below in Janakiram blog: http://janakirammp.blogspot.com/2009/08/error-posting-to-table-pop30310-restore.html Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Sol...

VBA Question
I am using a VBA Code snippet which I am using to get around the conditional format restriction. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim icolor As Integer <== Start Code snippet ==> ' Define conditional formats If Not Intersect(Target, Range("E4:IV1003")) Is Nothing Then Select Case Target Case "" icolor = 0 ' Define Code e.g. "Code" or "Description" Case "A" ' Define color as stated in the color index. icolor = "...

Is the HITB reset tool and report REALLY the answer?
Since upgrading to 9.0 we can no longer balance our stock status report to GL in our average cost/manufacturing envirornment. Will this new HITB tool/report allow this? Is it available for 9.0? Can it be run against just 1 company to test? Thank you.. MES, Because of changes in the Average Perpetual valuation methods in GP9, the Stock Status will no longer tie out to your GL. This verbiage is directly from the 'How to determine, maintain, and report accurate costing in Inventory' article MS published in June, 2007 - The Stock Status report is intended to provide a current snaps...

PST on Network Question
We have Exchange 2003. We have a lot of users (school district staff and students), so we have strict limits on the mailbox size. For many years we have been telling users to save their messages to their PST files (which is on their network drive). Now we've come across some documentation that suggests that is a BAD idea. What do others use for managing mail and keeping the size of the mailbox low? Where do you store messages/attachments? How easy is it for the non-technical users? Thanks for any and all suggestions. -- Lauri Bellingham Public Schools Application Support &...

Formatting a Row Question
Is it possible to conditionally format an entire row based on input into one cell in that row, or am I "rowing" upstream? All help on this appreciated, Bryan Yes, perhaps a simple example to illustrate .. Select row1 (click on the row header) Click Format >Conditional Formatting Under Condition 1, make the settings: Formula Is | =$B1=1 Click Format button > Patterns tab > gray > OK Click OK at the main dialog Now key in a "1" into B1, press Enter Row1 will be coloured gray Clear B1, the colour disappears (Note that the $ sign in the formula is import...

CRM GP Integration should allow for posted invoices to migrate
The CRM-Great Plains Integration should allow for posted invoices to be easily migrated, and not just unposted transactions. Since many of us have been using Great Plains Dynamics for many years, and are just starting to use CRM, wouldn't it be nice to have our entire sales history for the customer visible in CRM? Please vote on this so they will change this. Microsoft had a SQL script for version 1.2 which they didn't release to the public, but haven't done one for 3.0. (and if you know a way to do this, please let me know) ---------------- This post is a suggestion f...

Exchange Recovery question #2
If I lose both nodes in a 2-node cluster running MS Exchange 2000 and all I have is a valid Exchnage IS backup, (i.e no system backups), is it possible to recover this backup to a new system and bring the store on-line again e.g remove all cluster, VS info from AD, build a new cluster, VS (presumably with same names) and restore the backup to it. Indeed would the VS and server names have to be the same as before? Would the store be available to users ? Regards, Gerry On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 08:08:22 +0100, "GJB" <GJB@lineondotnet> wrote: >If I lose both nodes in a 2-...

Office 2000 post Sp3 hotfix
Does anyone know where I can get this hotfix? I am having a problem with Outlook 2000 and need to get this acoording to an KB article. Please advise and the KB article is? /neo ps - if the article states that you must call MS's product support group, you must call them. odds are in your favor that they won't charge you for the fix since you did the leg work and identified problem/resolution. "Tom Sayles" <tsayles1@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23Wpnea4PEHA.3220@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know where I can get this hotfix? I am having a problem...

Questions and answers
Does anybody knows where can I get some kind of questions and answers for practicing with the Adventureworks database? thanks, alex. On Mar 12, 4:33=A0pm, "alex" <alexwar...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Does anybody knows where can I get some kind of =A0questions and answers = for > practicing with the Adventureworks database? > > thanks, > alex. BOL (Books Online) the SQL Server documentation, has plenty of examples using Adventureworks. Note that if you are using SQL2008 there is a version of AdventureWorks for SQL2008 on codeplex however most ...

Uploading a binary file as part of a POST WebRequest
Hello Everyone, I've been searching this out for almost three weeks and I simply can't find an answer anywhere. I see a lot of people asking about it but nobody seems to know the answer. Since I've gotten a few questions answered on this group before, I'm going to ask the question again here. It's about uploading a file as part of a WebRequest. My application is a mobile one which means I'm using the .NET Compact Framework and thus, don't have access to the WebClient.UploadFile method. But even if I did, that wouldn't work here since I need to...

Purchase Order Suggestion/Question
I would love to see the following option: When I generate Purchase Orders automatically, I take a look at the quantity of product that is generated for the order and decide if I want to place an order or not. If I do decide to place an order, I would like to be able to have the Purchase Order also order everything else that is below the reorder level, but not at the reorder point. Since I'm already placing an order with the vendor, it just makes sense to "top off" everything. The only way I can think to do that now is to make my reorder point quantity one less than my ...

Another neophite question
I have created a MFC dll project with 5 functions. How do I make those function away in my MFC dialog project? If I add the project to my workspace how do I make that class exposed so that my dialog can call those function defined in that class? Spanker Make sure that the functions are being exported in the dll http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/_core_export_from_a_dll_using___declspec.28.dllexport.29.asp Next include the header file of the dll in you dialog box cpp and call the functions. AliR. "Spanker" <spanker@nichware.com>...

the questions part 2
hi, can you tell me .. 1-What is Active Directory site? 2-Difference between Domain users/Authenticated users? 3-The boundry for exchange 2003 is forest of trusting 2003 domain, then what about trusted domain with 2 way trust relationship, is it needed to have separate exchange server for trusted domain ... (trusted domain can be NT4 or 2003) Thanks... Inline. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Feelings" <Feelings@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Period end payroll reports/posting liabilities
When trying to post payroll liabilities from the Period End Payroll Reports window, we get the following error for several users: A get/change operation on table "UPR_Distribution_WORK" failed. A record was already locked. We've already tried deleting the following tables: ACTIVITY, UPR10400, SY00800, SY00801, Dex_Lock and Dex_Session. Any ideas? ...

Calendar resource question.
I have a delegate set up to automatically manage appointments for multiple conference room calendars. The delegate is running Outlook 2003 and my users are running every version of Outlook from 98 - 2003. We're running an Exchange 5.5 system. My users can send an appointment to a conference room and it's accepted. Then if they try to update the appointment (without changing date or time) they get a declined message saying the appointment conflicts with another appointment and their appointment is removed from the calendar. If they update again the appointment is accepted...

Upgrade Questions #2
Currently GP 9.0 is running with SQL 2000 MSDE. We have a new computer to move GP to and run with SQL 2005 MSDE. I am debating how I should proceed with this task. The existing computer will not run SQL 2005 MSDE whic is one reason why we purchased a new computer. Should I install SQL 2000 MSDE and GP 9 on the new computer then upgrade to 2005 or is there a way to restore the database? -- Jean Jean, Take a look at KB article 878449 which explains in great detail the steps necessary to move GP from one server to another. I would suggest, if you haven't done so yet, to download ...

General questions on Recipient Policies
I have a few questions regarding Recipient Policies (on Exchange 2003 SP 3) 1. Is there a way to temporarily "disable" a policy so it doesn't run the next time the Mailbox Management Process runs? I don't necessarily want all of the policies to run at once. 2. As an alternative, is there a way to run a policy directly from the Recipient Policies Folder or do they always have to run from the Mailbox Management Process on a Server? Again, if I have several policies configured, I may want to only run one of them. -- Midwest Muskie I'm not sure there is a way to t...

question about macro in excel
hello, i have a macro that i want to run on different excel sheets. i want to be able to choose it from every sheet. how can i make it general? thanks in advance, tal --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Write your code against the activesheet. Store the workbook with the code somewhere nice. When you need the macro, open this file and tools|macro|macros... and run your macro. A lot of people save all their general utility macros into a file called personal.xls and make sure that it's in their XLStart folder. Then each time excel opens, this workbook also opens and th...

Excel Questions: using match
I have uploaded the file, i need to compare the data in columns A and F. A being a master list of numbers, F being the current list. I need to display True or False in column B if the number is present or not and also calculate how many we are missing etc. Currently it is not outputting the correct value. http://www.quickfilepost.com/download.do?get=f944d0055ccd89d926a83fbe2b174502 In cell B1 apply formula and copy down as required =COUNTIF(F:F,A1)>0 To find the total missing ones try this formula =COUNTIF(B:B,FALSE) -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "sdemtevym" wro...

Questions regarding the IE Critical Patch
Dear Gurus, I learned of the need to patch IE (version 6, 7 and 8) and need help. There are two versions of patches -- A. MS09-072 http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/MS09-072.mspx B. MS10-002 http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/MS10-002.mspx Both deal with IE 6, 7 and 8. Question: 1. Do I apply *BOTH* patches or just one of them? 2. If only need apply only one patch, do I apply A (MS09-072) or B (MS10-002)? Please help ! Much oblige !! These are both cumulative updates, so you only need the most recent, i.e., MS10-002. Howeve...

Spiliting up a Post code
I have a field in a report that displays a UK post Codes like TN23 8LP I would like to slipt it up into lots of fields in a report eg First Charater = T Second Charater = N Third Charater = 2 Forth Charater = 3 Fifth Charater = Sixth Charater = 8 Seventh Charater _L Eighth Charater = P Thanks Hi Simon Use the Mid function like... =Mid(Postcode, 1, 1) Gives 1st character =Mid(Postcode, 2, 1) Gives 2nd character =Mid(Postcode, 3, 1) Gives 3rd character etc hth Andy Hull "Simon" wrote: > I have a field in a report that displays a UK p...