ALT+TAB in Windows 7 Extremely Annoying

Is it just me? I've searched around and can't find anyone quite as
annoyed at ALT+TAB in Windows 7 as I am.

At first it works fine, just like it always used to. But if you're not
quite quick enough spotting the window you want, suddenly it starts
displaying windows on top of the switching strip so you can't see it
any more.

It's extremely confusing.

Then ALT+TAB cycles between windows in a life-size, always-on-top
fashion.

Yuck!

Anyone know how I can turn that off and just see the switching strip
like every other version of Windows I've ever used?

Much appreciated
Speck
0
Speck

Wrong newsgroup..this is for Windows Live Mail, a locally installed desktop email client

Win7 unfortunately does not have nntp newsgroup support, only web based.

You've two choice for support

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/w7itpro/

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Speck" <darren.reynolds@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d9b54668-3262-4a7e-acef-75a4187c5ac1@b2g2000yqi.googlegroups.com...
> Is it just me? I've searched around and can't find anyone quite as
> annoyed at ALT+TAB in Windows 7 as I am.
>
> At first it works fine, just like it always used to. But if you're not
> quite quick enough spotting the window you want, suddenly it starts
> displaying windows on top of the switching strip so you can't see it
> any more.
>
> It's extremely confusing.
>
> Then ALT+TAB cycles between windows in a life-size, always-on-top
> fashion.
>
> Yuck!
>
> Anyone know how I can turn that off and just see the switching strip
> like every other version of Windows I've ever used?
>
> Much appreciated
> Speck
0
winston

Problem with Cut and Paste in Windows Explorer
Hi I have Ultimate SP2 fully updates. Recently I have been having a problem where, when I cut and paste a folder that contains sub-folders into a folder that contains a folder with the same folder and sub-folder names, the data is not transferred, even though I am selecting yes to folder and file overwrite? Any idea on why and how to fix it, I am having to cut and paste data over from each folder individually. thanks Daniel On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 07:13:50 +1000, Daniel wrote: > Hi > > I have Ultimate SP2 fully updates. > > Recently I have been ...

Windows mail
I have a big mails data which I wan to use by window mail with regular use. But WML don't support me this way. I import mails but incoming mails are in other inbox. How can I set my mails with regular base? How can save them at my desired locate(I already have mail in that forlder)? Thanks. Chand When you import messages, they are placed in the Imported Messages folder. You can select the messages, and drag them into another folder if you wish. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "Chand" <Chand@discussions.micr...

Formatting tabs for pages and subpages
Is there a way to format the appearance of the tabs for pages and subpages? I'd like to use specific colors for different pages and groups. Also, is there a way to increase the size of the tabs either horizontally or vertically to accommodate a longer, more descriptive label. On 19/02/2010 2:29 AM, hmbsport wrote: > Is there a way to format the appearance of the tabs for pages and subpages? > I'd like to use specific colors for different pages and groups. Unfortunately, no. Also, is > there a way to increase the size of the tabs either horizontally or > ...

Tab Control flicker problem
Hello. I have a tabcontrol that has four dialogs added to it at runtime. I have overridden OnEraseBackground(returning true) and I am drawing to a memdc in OnPaint. The problem is that when clicking from tab to tab there is still a flicker when one dialog dissapears and the new one appears ..Is there something I am missing.... Dominic Who's OnEraseBackground are you overriding? the dialogs or the tabctrl. Who is the parent of the dialogs, if the parent of the dialogs is not the tab, then pass the pointer to the tab ctrl to the child dialog as the parent window, that should solve your p...

Store.exe constantly accessing C:\Windows\Temp...
Can anyone explain why store.exe is constantly accessing the C:\Windows\Temp folder on my server, which is running Windows Server 2003 SP1 and Exchange Server 2003 SP2? Here is a FileMon trace log of the activity : 76 8:14:30 AM store.exe:2964 OPEN C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ SUCCESS Options: Open Directory Access: All 77 8:14:30 AM store.exe:2964 DIRECTORY C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ NO SUCH FILE FileBothDirectoryInformation: {712B4379-1B91-4610-8D57-58ABDE130475}WIN32READ.dat 78 8:14:30 AM store.exe:2964 CLOSE C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ SUCCESS 79 8:14:30 AM store.exe:2964 OPEN C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ SUCCESS Options: Ope...

student language tools tab in word 2007
Hi, My niece uses office home and student 2007 (especially word) at school and it is also installed at home on the pc...but she says that there is tab that is missing from the home pc, it is student language tools which shows all the french accents, so when she types a word that requires an accent she clicks on it and the accent automatically goes into the word...does anybody know where to enable this? My guess is that this is provided by an add-in or other customization on the school system. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama...

SendObject behavior different after today's Windows XP updates
A client who runs XP and has been using Access2003 successfully for several years installed 3 WIndows updates today and, afterwords, code I wrote which emails orders to a distributor stopped working. In fact, any use of SendObject seems to be broken. The particular thing that happens is that it says the MS Office 2003 license expired in 2006 and he needs to either enter a product key or pay to upgrade the product. We are both assuming it means ACCESS. If he then clicks cancel on the screen wanting him to upgrade , he gets the text of the email that access generates on his s...

window.parent.Frames['MyFrame'].document returns error in CRM
Hi All, I need a little help here. I have an application which needs to be integrated with Microsoft Dynamics CRM. I have a page in which i have two frames. The frame on the LHS(MyFrame) of the screen contains my application page and the RHS is the CRM page. I have added a button in the CRM page onclick of which i call a function. In this function i try to access a resource in MyFrame. When i do an alert on window.parent.Frames['MyFrame'], it returns an object. But when i try window.parent.Frames['MyFrame'].document there is an error. How can i access an element in my applicat...

ANN: Windows Media Player Plus!
I would like to announce the release of Windows Media Player Plus!, a free plug-in that offers the following enhancements/improvements for WMP: * Tag Editor Plus: an alternative for WMP's Advanced Tag Editor. Tag Editor Plus works on WMP 12 too, where the Advanced Tag Editor has been removed. * Real 'find as you type' in the library: you can simply start typing to search, without having to click on the Search field first. * Access the standard Explorer right-click menu of a media file directly from within WMP. * Restore last active playlist, media item, and pl...

Windows XP Snipping Tool
There is any way or is possible to install Snipping Tool in my Windows Xp Home Edition. Boricua wrote: > There is any way or is possible to install Snipping Tool in my Windows Xp > Home Edition. http://microsoft-snipping-tool.software.informer.com/ Boricua wrote: > There is any way or is possible to install Snipping Tool in my Windows Xp > Home Edition. Why are you trying to install a program that was written for Windows Vista and Windows 7 into Windows XP? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snipping_Tool There are LOADS of free screen capture utilities...

System Time Range on WIndows
Hi All, Can any body please tell me what is the system time range on windows system. what i could get it start is as per UTC since midnight (00:00:00), January 1, 1970. Please correct if i am wrong? rgds, Ritu >Can any body please tell me what is the system time range on windows system. There are several time formats - which one are you referring to? The main one is FILETIME - which is an unsigned 64-bit value that represents the number of 100-nanosecond units since the 1'st January 1601. The other commonly used format is SYSTEMTIME, which is a time structure limited s...

Email open underneath Outlook (2002) window
When I OPEN an email message, Outlook opens the message in a new window, but places that window underneath the outlook window. Any idea how to get this new window to open on top of the Outlook window? see if updating your display drivers helps. "Mike Markowitz" <Mike Markowitz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:636AB801-7D0D-46C8-B6D9-3F891C25B8A8@microsoft.com... > When I OPEN an email message, Outlook opens the message in a new window, > but > places that window underneath the outlook window. Any idea how to get this > new window to open on ...

Run Time Error 7
I have been using Excel for a long time now , but today I just received an error message when trying to open any Excel file I have.... I t get an Visual Memory Basic box that pops up and it says "Run-Time Error 7 - Out of Memory".... I don't quite jknow what this means can anyone help???? I am not running any other program at the time and only want to run Excel...My OS is Win XP...... Any ideas on this, let me know...... ...

does adobe acrobat conflict with windows 7
Unable to save copies of printed quotes - suspect conflct with Adobe and Windows 7- can someone help? "silverfox7" <silverfox7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A5242CA-83C3-4B9D-A7D9-EED2C7CBF765@microsoft.com... > Unable to save copies of printed quotes - suspect conflct with Adobe and > Windows 7- can someone help? No conflict here on Win 7. What does "unable to save" mean? How does Outlook fit into this? "silverfox7" <silverfox7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A5242CA-83C3-4B9D-A7D9-E...

Upgrade 7.5 to 9.0 possible issues
Hi! I'm working for clients who have GP 7.5 installed with SQL Server 2000. Few customization is done on it. They want to upgrade to 9.0 version. Could you please tell me if it's easy to perform upgrade or not? Possible issues? Also I haven't found any information about upgrading, please add links if available Thanks in advance. we're also in 7.5 just upgraded our test server with updated data to 9.0. had few bumps because I did some customizations and I knew where the problem occured. in your case, you have to know if the customizations will work on the new environ...

Windows Help
I had trouble getting the ‘Windows Help Troubleshooter ‘ to operate.. I think it could have been after I went to MS Windows Update an downloaded an update. I sought help re this and received a substitute program ‘tshoot. exe. This worked OK for a while but now it has spat the dummie At C:\Windows\HELP I still have the Tshoot. exe file but all it does when I open it is to bring up the corrupted program. Is there a way to get the Windows Trouble Shooter working again? Hi this is an Excel newsgroup :-) So you may better ask this in the general Windows newsgroup -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankf...

Get Window Pixel
Hello: I have a pixel on the screen that I'm trying to obtain the color. The pixel is found in a static control, which is a class derived from CStatic. class CReflectColorWnd : public CStatic I've tried many ways to obtain the pixel, but I cannot attain the COLORREF of the pixel. I'm wondering if anyone would be kind enough to assist me. I've tried the following in the paint handler. void CReflectColorWnd::OnPaint() { CStatic::OnPaint(); // Call original paint CClientDC dc(this); CBitmap bm; bm.CreateCompatibleBitmap(&dc, 100, 100); CDC memDC; memDC...

Stationary in Windows Live Mail.....
How can I add or create Stationary for Windows Live Mail ? How can I change the folder that Stationary is stored in for Windows Live Mail ? FDLeyda Tools (ALT+T), Options, Compose you'll find options to create new stationery or download. I don't know that there is an option to change the default stationery location. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "FDLeyda" <fdleyda@no_reply.com> wrote in message news:OJ1WpN47KHA.4508@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > How can I add or create Stationary for Windows Live Mail ? > How can I change...

Scroll window -update the buffer
Hi, I want to change the scroll window line items fields value which are not currently focused (selected line). Ex: If I enter the 5 in line3, the corresponding field in line 1 and 2 should be change to 5. Is it possible without re fill the window after update the table? Regards Jeganeedhi No. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Jeganeedhi" wrote: > Hi, > > I want to change the scroll window line items fie...

Synchronizing Outlook 2010 and a Windows Mobile smartphone
I'm running Windows 7 64-bits (French version). I found that after installing Office 2010 64-bits (also French version), the Windows Mobile Data center will no longer "see" the synchronization partnership. After searching for a solution, I found out that WMDC will *not* be upgraded to support 64-bit Outlook, which is a totally stupid decision. Is this decision final, or will someone come to their senses in the foreseeable future? In the meantime, is it possible to install Outlook 2010 32-bits and the rest of the Office 2010 components in 64-bits? Thank you. ...

Saving Windows Explorer "search results"
How do I save to file the actual search results (file names and details) from a search for files in Windows Explorer. When I save, all that is saved is the "keyword" for the search. I am using WinXP Home edition SP3. Let me Google that for you. http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=save+search+results+xp "PSRumbagh" <PSRumbagh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C0A2482-287F-4E9C-A49B-69AE245361C7@microsoft.com... > > How do I save to file the actual search results (file names and details) > from > a search for files in Windows Ex...

windows live mail
How do I change Outlook to use Windows Live Mail instead of Windows Mail? I'm not sure I understand what you want to do as outlook uses the acct you have it configured to use. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messag...

Office 98 workgroup templates tab
Hello, I was wondering if someone could please advise me on a problem I'm having. I'm trying to configure a set of workgroup templates on my Mac (office 98 & OS 9.1). I've successfully specified the network folder where the templates reside, however when I hit FILE - NEW in word there are no new tabs indicating my workgroup templates. Any help would be appreciated a lot. Thanks. ...

Why I cannot view all items in the Resource View window in Visual C++ 2005 ?
Why I cannot view all items in the Resource View window in Visual C++ 2005 ? We have upgrade our compiler from VC6 and EVC++3.0 to Visual C++ 2005. the resource file have 5 diferent language. Thank's Marc Which items can't you view? Is there some sort of pattern? Tom "Marc Lefebvre" <Marc__Lefebvre_NoSpam@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e16tkOjlGHA.1552@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Why I cannot view all items in the Resource View window in Visual C++ 2005 > ? > > > We have upgrade our compiler from VC6 and EVC++3.0 to Visual C++ 2005. &...

Disable Copy & Paste files but not text for Windows Server 2008 R2
I have a windows server 2008 r2 and am running remote desktop services. I want to disable cut/paste of files via clipboard/clipbook, while at the same time enabling cut/paste of text via clipboard/clipbook. This is working in earlier version of Windows. Any suggestion is much appreciated. -- Hannkwang ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hannkwang's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/199146.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-server-help/1319418.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...