Add background sound in Beta 2010

What is the trick to adding a background sound in WLM 2010 Beta?
All the tips refer to a FORMAT option that does not seem to be in this =
Beta=20
Version.

Thanks=20

0
Richard

That option is not available.

--
....winston
ms-mvp mail

"Richard in AZ"  wrote in message news:uoO8CkdULHA.620@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...

What is the trick to adding a background sound in WLM 2010 Beta?
All the tips refer to a FORMAT option that does not seem to be in this Beta
Version.

Thanks
0
winston
9/11/2010 7:34:09 PM
> What is the trick to adding a background sound in WLM 2010 Beta?

Learning the necessary HTML and applying it to a Draft.

Tip:  right-click Properties helpfully has the Location: of the draft, so
you can copy that and then use Notepad to open it.

---

0
Robert

my DrawImage doesn't draw when addes to the c-tor
Hello! This code works fine when added to event handler for the forms paint event. If I instead add the three rows to the Forms c-tor nothing is being drawn in the form why? private void Form1_Paint(object sender, PaintEventArgs e) { Bitmap bm = new Bitmap("background3.bmp"); Graphics g = this.CreateGraphics(); g.DrawImage(bm, 1, 1, this.Width, this.Height); } I can for example add these two rows to the forms c-tor and it works fine. Image i = Image.FromFile("background3.bmp"); this.BackgroundImage = i; //Tony ...

Compression to Drive on SCDPM 2010?
Is there Compression when backing up to a Drive? My data source "Size on disk" on the System I am backing up a folder from is much smaller when on the Drive I am backing up to. -- David This is not supported, the best way to achieve compression is by compressing the files which need to be protected. Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "David Baur" <DavidBaur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49E87CEE-F5D2-4027-A756-57273D3DA751@microsoft.com... > Is the...

Analysis Cubes
Hello Everyone, How do you make User-defined fields available for Analysis cubes? I looked on the KBs but found none that addressed this. Thanks in advance! ...

I can't seem to add a logo to my personal information
The area where my logo could be added is grayed out and I can't seem to add a logo to it. Any suggestions? Edit a logo for a personal information set http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP030713481033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "kitsal" <kitsal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E384EDC-D43D-4EAF-84FD-4CC05086C816@microsoft.com... > The area where my logo could be added is grayed out and I can't seem to add a > logo to it. Any suggestions? ...

Add dynamic line to chart
Hi, I often have the need to add limit lines, average lines, Standard Deviation Lines, etc., to charts, but the way I do it currently is pretty clumsy. Is there a more elegant way to do it? Say that I'm producing a line chart that shows data values over time. I have time on the X axis and the data plotted on the Y axis. Then I want to put a horizontal line that shows where the Mean plus One Standard Deviation is. I currently do this by adding another column to my worksheet and putting the same number in each cell in that column where the number is the Mean plus One Standard Deviation...

Divide number and add remainder in another cell
Can someone help me? I made a work distribution spreadsheet and I can not get it to divide evenly. What I am trying to do is divide the total number of claims by the number of employees and distribute the result to each employee. There are conditions also. For example one employee gets the max number of 50; Here is my formula; =IF(E18=0,0,IF(I19>250,50,(I19/(E8+E9+E10+E16)*E18))) column E =# of hours working for each employee, I19 = total number of claims. If the total number of claims is 1500 and there are 5 people working it returns 50 to the E18 employee and 363 to the rest, but t...

How do you add a drop down calendar to a form field?
Is this possible? Do you mean the "Class" MSCAL.Calendar.7...the Calendar Control? "kjv77" wrote: > Is this possible? What version of Access are you using? I believe that this is built into Access 2007. HTH "kjv77" wrote: > Is this possible? It is. Date Picker in the Form Properties Format Tab "roccogrand" wrote: > What version of Access are you using? I believe that this is built into > Access 2007. > > HTH > > "kjv77" wrote: > > > Is this possible? There's VB, C, and J code to do this...

Add standard header and footer to new worksheet
I am a VBA novice writing an Excel 2002 template. I wish to add a standard header and footer to any new worksheet that is added. My attempt to achieve this has fallen at the first hurdle! Can anyone help me with this? My code is:- Private Sub Workbook_NewSheet(ByVal Sh As Object) Dim ws As Worksheet Dim fs As String fs = "Ariel Size 8" ' Font Size fc = "FF0000" ' Colour = Red Application.ScreenUpdating = False Set ws = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets With ws.PageSetup .LeftHeader = "" .CenterHeader = "My Company Name...

Best way to add a chart?
Earlier I had asked for some help on how to proceed with this application. I have moved forward a little on my own but now I'm at a point where I really need a pro's recommendation. I am trying to build an application that will track printer usage. I am using a search interface that I downloaded form Allen Browne's web site (excellent stuff!!). My concept is this; 1. Interface allows user to choose search criteria based on type of pages printed, specific printer, and time frame of printer usage audit. 2. After user selects the criteria the form displays the filtered data and ...

Add a button to a sheet to open a userform
I'm looking for a way to add a button to a spreadsheet that will open up a userform. I've seen it done before, I'm just not sure how do it. Thanks, Chris -- PokerZan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ PokerZan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23480 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=380247 Hello Chris Add a Command button to Excel double click it so it takes you to the vb code & enter UserForm1.Show (between Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() & End Su...

help in reusing 2009 calendar for 2010 12-24-09
I have a calendar from 2009 that I fixed several things. I want to be able to use it for 2010. How can I do this? Thanks Samy Calendars are tables. It is a simple operation to tab through the dates to change them. If you need to add a row, simply resize the the table, the same if you need to delete a row. It is best to type your events in text boxes so you can move them around. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Samy Boy 17-50" <SamyBoy1750@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E4DC9D9-8311-4702-B982-B5E9EDD2438A@microsoft.com... >I ha...

What add-ins or applications would people like to see?
Hi All I'm a Windows developer, and have recently been writing a string of small applications for CRM 4.0 customers. I plan to develop a range of small applications as add-ins for CRM 4.0, but I wanted to find out from users what applications or add-ins they needed, or think would be useful. If I develop an application suggested but someone, I will let them Beta test with me and also have a free copy when it's finished. Please email me at wayne.taylor@lansystems.co.uk with any ideas. Thanks Wayne ...

Add a disclaimer #2
Hi: How can i add a disclaimer to every outgoing emails of my organization using exchange 2003. I tried this but it didn't work: http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;317327&spid=1760&sid=global ... any idea?? Thanks, Hugo "it didn't work" Did you want to troubleshoot your efforts with the event sink? Or hear about third party apps that have done the work for you? www.exclaimer.com www.policypatrol.com "Hugo" <hmt@imaginew.pt> wrote in message news:%23dlG$D9UGHA.2444@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi: > > How can i add a discla...

How do you add fields to templates
I am trying to use a contact template but I need to add a field. Open the table that you need in Design View and add the field with it's corresponding datatype. Then make sure it is included in any query form, or report that requires it. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Pepdiggie" <Pepdiggie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8DABB314-61D5-4F6F-A339-7163821B2791@microsoft.com... >I am trying to use a contact template but I need to add a field. ...

DPM 2010 RC Management Pack is available
Hi, We are happy to inform you that DPM 2010 RC Management Pack is available. Please mail me at nageshbk[at]microsoft[dot]com, I can share it with you. -- Thanks, Nagesh This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights ...

Add user to local security group in Win7
The following code works fine in Windows XP to add a user to a local group. It will work on the machine I'm logged on to, and it will also work on remote machines (as a domain admin, I have permissions to modify local groups on all domain machines): strDomain = "enter domain name here" strComputer = "enter computer name here" strGroup = "enter local group here" strUser = "enter username here" ' Get group object Set objGroup = GetObject("WinNT://" & strComputer & "/" & strGroup & ",group&q...

how do I add a formula that totals a percentage
I am a novice excel user. I was given a project that includes adding a cell for a percentage of a total. The project is small, 6 cells with 2 digit numbers, I need to pick one cell and find the percentage it is of the total cells. I've looked up percentrank, downloaded an addon pack for data analysis...I'm lost. No where can I find an example of the formula I need. Don't laugh. :) Thanks much in advance! gia One example .. Assuming the 6 source cells are A2:A7, with the total computed in A8: =SUM(A2:A7) You could put in B2: =A2/$A$8 Format B2 as percentage to taste (...

how to add investment account's investments to Money 2004 portfolio
I recently imported my investement account into money 2004. However, the investments were not added into the Money portfolio. I remember that for another investment account that I had added a year ago, they were immediately added to the Money portfolio. Am I missing something? Any suggestions will be appreciated t In microsoft.public.money, rvsw@hotmail.com wrote: >I recently imported my investement account into money 2004. However, >the investments were not added into the Money portfolio. I remember >that for another investment account that I had added a year ago, they >were i...

Background color of the whole app
Hello, I am developing a property sheet app which creates the sheet and pages in the OnCreate() in the view. It would be nice to be able to modify the colors of the app to give it a little more pizazz than the standard gray that MFC defaults to. I know about handling OnCtlColor() and also calling SetDialogBkColor() in the InitInstance() of the app class. The problem with these is that there is always the menu bar/ Tab control/etc that remain the default color. Since MFC colors everything to this default color, is there a quick easy way to change this color... for everything? I suspe...

some mp3 do not play in ppt2007 and some do but with background noise
Hello all, I want to use background music (mp3) that plays on the background of my entire powerpoint 2007 presentation. The mp3 music plays well from hard drive and is of good quality but after inserting the music file into ppt (insert sound from file), some mp3 files do not play at all or some do play but the quality seems reduced and background noise can be heard. I only want to use 1 music file, that's all. Tried several files but they either don't play or there is noise. Any ideas? Thanks a lot in advance for your help! ...

sound no longer works after windows update
Brand new box. Dell Precision T3500. I came into work this morning, and apparently Windows Update had run overnight. Now, I have no sound capability whatsoever. I go to Sounds applet and on Volume tab it says "No Audio Device". On all tabs, every option is disabled/greyed-out : Device Volume, Speaker Settings, Sound Playback, Sound Recording, MIDI music playback, Voice playback, Voice recording. John Grandy wrote: > Brand new box. Dell Precision T3500. > > I came into work this morning, and apparently Windows Update had run > overnight. &g...

add account script
How to add a pop3 mail account on script or vbscript or vb exe file? You can use a prf-file which you can call in your script. Examples and instructions regarding the prf-file can be found in the Office Resource Kit -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "berk" <b@b.b> wrote in message news:ehoNROePEHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > How to add a pop3 mail account on script or vbscript or vb exe file? > > ...

add or remove buttons to the panel
adding or removing of the button to the panel is very simple in Word 2003, but in word 2007 I've found only adding the buttons to the quick access toolbar. Is it impossible to make the same in word 2007? See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Ribbon.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< &...

Another '03 vs '07 Add-in Menu Question
Hi, I have successfully written menu code that runs each time an .xla opens along with Excel. It works fine on my machines in both XL 2003 and XL 2007 (as expected under the Add-in menu). However, on other people's machines, and much to my chagrin, the menu does not appear in XL 2007. I know they have properly installed the add-ins, because I can see them selected under the Add-in's menu, and the macros can be called by their defined key-combinations. Nevertheless, no custom menus under Add-ins. Frustration city. Any thoughts on what may be interfering on these other inst...

Outlook Express
Windows XP, OE 6. Why isn't the sound working to notify me of incoming mail. I don't think I have ever heard this sound since getting a computer. I would so like to hear this to alert me of incoming mail. I have checked the box in the options. thanks. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com...