Active X Controls 04-26-10

When I open some messages in WML (even those from safe senders) I get the
following message:

"One or more Active X controls could not be displayed because your current
security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page"

What does this mean, and what should I do?

Thank you

--
MS

You can lower your security settings in Windows Live Mail, thereby
allowing scripts (such as ActiveX) to run:
Tools, Safety Options, Security, Internet zone.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Ms" <mmra1@sympatico.ca> wrote in message =
> When I open some messages in WML (even those from safe senders) I get =
the=20
> following message:
>=20
> "One or more Active X controls could not be displayed because your =
current=20
> security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page"
>=20
> What does this mean, and what should I do?
>=20
> Thank you
>=20
> --=20
> MS
0
Gary
4/26/2010 1:10:23 AM
Thank you Gary, appreciate the help.
--
MS

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

> You can lower your security settings in Windows Live Mail, thereby
> allowing scripts (such as ActiveX) to run:
> Tools, Safety Options, Security, Internet zone.

> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "Ms" <mmra1@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:CC3DB9C4-E6F1-4E2D-A53E-8860E0E6C587@microsoft.com...
> > When I open some messages in WML (even those from safe senders) I get the
> > following message:
> >
> > "One or more Active X controls could not be displayed because your current
> > security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page"
> >
> > What does this mean, and what should I do?
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > --
> > MS
> .

 You're very welcome.

> Thank you Gary, appreciate the help.
> --=20
> MS
>=20
>=20
> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
>=20
>> You can lower your security settings in Windows Live Mail, thereby
>> allowing scripts (such as ActiveX) to run:
>> Tools, Safety Options, Security, Internet zone.
>>=20
>> --=20
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>=20
>>=20
>> "Ms" <mmra1@sympatico.ca> wrote in message =
>> > When I open some messages in WML (even those from safe senders) I =
get the=20
>> > following message:
>> >=20
>> > "One or more Active X controls could not be displayed because your =
current=20
>> > security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page"
>> >=20
>> > What does this mean, and what should I do?
>> >=20
>> > Thank you
>> >=20
>> > --=20
>> > MS
>> .

0
Gary

Error Message 04-25-07
Hi all, I am using a module to lookup records in my database. The module allows an unbound box to look up records by matching the record to the text typed in the box. I am using cboFindAsUType and Access 2000. The problem is that the module is used in 2 different forms and brings up this error in only 1 form. Error accessing fill. Network connection may have been lost. The entire database and all records are on my computer and until yesterday worked fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Byron This sounds like a really nasty bug in the early release of Access 2000. ...

Rules #10
I have tried to create a rule in Outlook that gives an "Out of the Office" reply when I am on vacation and I cannot get it to work. Here are the conditions that I set up in the rule: (1) Apply this rule after the message arrives (2) when recieved through the (My account was specified in the rule description box) account and (3) reply using (a specified template was chosen in the rule description box). After I created the rule, I pressed Finished, and then opened up the Rules Wizared from the pull down menu, under Tools. I then checked the box next to the rule I made (i...

accessing ActiveX control enums in MFC
I have an ActiveX contol whose tlb (using OLE/COM viewer) shows // There are a couple of more of these, but this is typical example typedef enum { RF_MCS86 = 1, RF_BINARY = 2, RF_ASCII_BINARY = 3 } EROMFormat; This enum is accessed from another function from within the control as STDMETHOD Func(SAFEARRAY **Ptr, EROMFormat Fmt, Long * Retval) I have dropped the control onto my form and MFC has generated the wrappers for the methods except for the ones having SAFEARRAY arguments Now, not only does MFC not generate the function because of the familiar // method &...

Data Validation 05-08-10
I’m doing data validation on a group of cells. At the moment all the names of the employees appear on the drop down list for those cells, but what I need is to compare those names to a day-off list where the people who are off on that day appear. If their names appear on the day-off list then they should not appear on my data validation cells. In other words I have colA-colG with the names of the week, Mon-Sun. I have 30 rows. The first 15 rows are for my data validation and they are drop downs of the people who are working on that day. The source for those rows comes from a ...

Customisation 01-23-04
Hi, How much is Ms CRM customisable? Does it have any scripting or programing capablity like what Office apps have ? Thanks, Ali The SDK should help you find out this information. You can find it at: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx? FamilyId=044A98B7-62A1-45A0-8816- 45F084B0F63B&displaylang=en There are also several articles in the MS Partner area that discuss what are and are not supported customizations. -Jairy >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >How much is Ms CRM customisable? >Does it have any scripting or programing capablity like what Of...

CRM Modifications 08-24-04
When Entering a contact, an error occurs and give you two options. either go back or try again. If you were to try again the contact that you entered would be automaticly entered and you would still recieve the error. The work around is to hit the go back button and refresh the screen. The contact that you entered appears before you. Is there a fix for this?? Depends what you mean by "enter":- Does this happen when you click the Save, and/or Save and Exit buttons at the top left of the Contact form? Or are you merely clicking the X at the top right of the window? "Jo...

Can't receive emails 08-11-10
Account: 'Xnet', Server: 'pop3.xnet.co.nz', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Cannot connect to POP server 58.28.4.111 (58.28.4.111:110), connect error 10061', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90 Now it's: Account: 'Xnet', Server: 'pop3.xnet.co.nz', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 "JetgirlNZ" wrote: > Account: 'Xnet', Server: 'pop3.xnet.co.nz', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: > '...

how to enable a control at run time
I have a label that I disable at design time, but I would like to enable it at run time and I can't figure out to do this. I tried using showwindow, but all that does is hide the control. Z.K. Use EnableWindow: ASSERT_VALID(pMyControl); pMyControl->EnableWindow(); More here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/_mfc_cwnd.3a3a.enablewindow.asp --------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com In addition to what Ajay answered, make sure that you hook into the control with a member variable. Then you can reference all of the members functionalit...

Tree control tool tips and dialog bar
I have made a dialog bar in my application and placed a tree view control inside the dialog bar. The dialog bar can be docked or undocked. When docked, the tool tips for the tree control show up just fine. When I undock it the tool tips show up behind the dialog bar. I am attempting to emulate the tree setup much like in visual studio 6. I have everything working except this small bug. Does anybody know why the tool tip will not remain on top of the tree control? ...

non owner adding attendees to an activity hangs calendar
Any time we have a non owner of an activity adding a contact as a required or as an optional attendee to an activity in CRM, the calendar and the service calendar both hang - not just for that user, but for the entire organization, until an issreset is performed. Also an error pops up with a generic database fault message, not very descriptive. Previous attempts at stopping/restarting services resulted in hanging services. This seems like a software bug - unhandled permissions error or something maybe? Any thought or ideas are welcome on what we should do to get this issue resolved....

Multicurrency activation and Project accounting
I am about to turn on MC where project accounting is running -- the database has 10 years of data. Does any one know how long running check links will take? AND, will all Projects read as the functional currency following this? I am very concerned about making this change and would like to hear the good and bad if anyone has done it before. Thanks! -- daunheik I would recommend setting up a test server and testing all changes completely. It is a good idea to involve the users in the testing. It is very important to test all changes in GP before applying them to a prod...

Exporting As Text with X Number of Spaces Between Data
Is there a way to export data in a MS Excel spreadsheet as text and define the amount of spaces between the data being exported? The number of spaces need to vary. This concept is the opposite of importing text as "Fixed Width" and creating column break lines. Instead, I'd like to export columns into a text file and specify the amount of spaces between the text that is being exported from each column. The amount spaces in the text file needs to be different between each set of column data. Thanks! One way: Say you have 5 columns, and you want 2 spaces between A &...

Live Mail 05-05-10
I just updated my windows mail to windows live mail. Some how it deletes some messages before going into inbox. For example, an email from my sister with a doc attachment showed in unread mail folder and then disappeared. Same thing with an email from my bank that had no attachment. I have set up the view to show all. I am operating in vista home premium 32 bit. As I do not know how to setup live mail forum, I am posting here. I am confident that there will be help available here. -- Best Regards Noor Motani I see that you were able to post to the Windows Mail newsgroup=2...

Only allow messages from 10 IP addresses
We have an anti-SPAM service where we set our MX records on the Internet for their servers which filters our email for us then forwards the mail to us - Works great. We also have the Exchange 2003 SP1 server setup so it does not route SMTP mail out - works great. A problem we have is that some spam houses and infected computers seem to know our Exchange Server's IP address and that it is the mail server for MYDOMAIN.COM so they can still SPAM us by connecting via SMTP and sending mail to our_users@mydomain.com which the server naturally accepts since it is not routing. We want to...

click on checkbox copy to active cell
Is there any way to click on a checkbox beside a row of information and copy that row of data to an active cell? Maybe. If your active cell is in column A, you can copy that whole row to the activecell's row. If you use a checkbox from the forms toolbar, you can add as many as you want to the worksheet. But assign each of them the same common macro: Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim myCBX As CheckBox Dim myCopyObjectsWithCells As Boolean Set myCBX = ActiveSheet.CheckBoxes(Application.Caller) If myCBX.Value = xlOn Then If myCBX.TopLeftCell.Row = Ac...

Finding X- & Y-intercepts of lines crossing curves
I created some charts with multiple data series by specifying certain points on the curves. THe series are displayed as lines. Now I want to draw (or specify the Y coordinates of) a horizontal line on the chart, & have Excel tell me the X intercepts where the horizontal line crosses each curve. Ditto for drawing a vertical line & reading Y intercepts Any ideas Thanks!! Hi Dale, Maybe you adapt my example of intersections. http://www.andypope.info/charts/intersection.htm Cheers Andy Dale wrote: > I created some charts with multiple data series by specifying certain points on...

How do you block sales people from viewing other sales peoples activities?
When I give user level read permision to Accounts, Contacts, etc., other users cannot print reports on other user contacts and accounts, but they can still read them. I don't want them to be able to read each others accounts and contacts. They can do this using Advanced Find or the View lists. I can prevent them from accessing all accounts and contacts on the view lists by sharing them only with an admin team, but this does not work for Activities because System Customization does not include Activities in the list. I don't know how to keep them from reading each others r...

Re: 05-20-10
"Shannon Dwayne Lagrange" <shannon@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:... >dirtrhoads@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Index and Match 05-10-10
Hello All, This is on Excel 2007 I would like to see if the array formula below can be changed to check for another criteria. Want this currently does is finds all occurances of cell AL527(despatch note) and matches that with the sheet "Data" col N (despatch note) and the result is taken from sheet "Data" col E (qty). If no match found then the result is "" The reason the ROW 3 at the end has $ is it helps with copying the formula as I am using it for Columns rather than rows, I could not find a formula that worked for colums. {=IFERROR(INDEX(...

Retrieving the Top 10 of the Average of Two columns, but displaying a third
I'm new to Excel programing, so please bear with me. I have an excel spreadsheet with 3 columns. Column1 Column2 Column3 -------------------------------------- John Doe 5 3 Jane Smith 2 9 Bill Smith 4 2 What I need to do is take the average of Column 2 and 3, find the highest average of the entire list and display Column 1 as the final result. In other words: I need to create a Top 5 List of the people with the highest grade average. I don't care much for displaying the grade, I just need the top 5...

Error on Navigation Bar 05-07-04
On one of my client PCs the navigation bar does not work correctly. After two or three clicks on the bar I got the following error; yet the GoTo in the menu bar is working fine. Line: 69 Char: 4 Error: Permission denied Code: 0 URL: http://w-mscrm/bar_bottom.aspx?startPage=Home Please help!.. I am receiving this error too, any help would be appreciated! ...

edit control inside a toolbar
hi all, how can an edit control be incorporated inside the toolbar. any sample code / suggestions ? nagendra. nagendra singh wrote: > > hi all, > > how can an edit control be incorporated inside the > toolbar. any sample code / suggestions ? > > nagendra. This code makes a space for the edit control then creates an edit control in that space. POSITION is the index of a separator in the toolbar, WIDTH is the edit width in pixels. m_ToolBar.SetButtonInfo(POSITION, 0, TBBS_SEPARATOR, WIDTH+2); CRect rect; m_ToolBar.GetItemRect(POSITION, &rect); rect.DeflateRect(...

Anti-spam with end-user control in mailbox
Newly joined a company and we're going to be upgrading our entire infrastructure to AD/Exchange 2003 from 2000, with Win XP and Mac OS X clients. While we're at it I'd like to replace an old and oddly scripted anti-spam solution that is flaky and difficult to support. The current model delivers a spam notification message to the user for each spam message addressed to them. This message, delivered to their inbox, includes a link to release the message, delete it, or whitelist the sender (essentially sends a reply with specific keywords and triggers a script for the action). While...

Activities stop responding
Has anyone else experienced a situation where anything related to Activities stops responding? This has happened something like 4-5 times now in our environment-- the Activities page won't load, nor will the Activities tab on an entity, and no one can save any Activities. Everything else in CRM works fine, but the Activities sections won't respond even in IIS. The only way I've been able to fix this so far is to reboot the server. Once was enough, but this has been twice in a matter of weeks... it's getting out of hand. ...

excel dates 03-25-10
how do i change #(1-365) to the corresponding date in excel? It depends on what result you want. If the number is 1, what date do you want? 1/1/2010? With your number in a1, try the following: =date(2010,1,a1) If that doesn't do what you want, post back with what you want to achieve. Regards, Fred "king2385" <king2385@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD3502E1-F28B-4FD5-8637-478EF98E6F66@microsoft.com... > how do i change #(1-365) to the corresponding date in excel? ...