Access email remotely

Is it possible to access your Windows Live Email from a remote location and,
if so, please let me know how?

Thanks!
-1

Hi, Hilton Head.

"Hilton Head"  wrote in message

Is it possible to access your Windows Live Email from a remote location and,
if so, please let me know how?

Thanks!

It's not at all clear what you are trying to do.  :>(

If you just want to pick up your email from any online computer in the
world, use mail2web.com .

If you want to run Windows Live Mail on another computer, just download it (
http://explore.live.com/windows-live-essentials?os=win7 ) and install it.

Or do you want to use another computer to log into your home computer and
run THAT installation of Windows Live Mail remotely?

If you really meant something else, please post back and give enough
information so that we can help you do what you want to do.  Be sure to
include such details as your Windows version, mail server - and what you
actually want to do.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 05:55:03 -0700, Hilton Head
<HiltonHead@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Is it possible to access your Windows Live Email from a remote location and,
>if so, please let me know how?

Windows Live Mail is a mail client. Whether or not you can get your
mail from another computer depends on the mail provider, and your
configuration. If you configure WL to POP download mail and delete
from the server, no. If you use IMAP, yes.
-1
Evan
8/16/2010 2:49:32 PM
On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 08:27:35 -0500, "R. C. White" <rc@grandecom.net>
wrote:

>Hi, Hilton Head.
>
>"Hilton Head"  wrote in message
>
>Is it possible to access your Windows Live Email from a remote location and,
>if so, please let me know how?
>
>Thanks!
>

>It's not at all clear what you are trying to do.  :>(
>
>If you just want to pick up your email from any online computer in the
>world, use mail2web.com .

<SNIP>

Please use proper attribution / quote marks. In your above reply, it's
impossible to tell where the OP's quote is and where your text begins.

Thanks. :)
Evan
8/16/2010 2:50:17 PM
Hi, Evan.

Yeah, I know.  Sorry about that.

It's this half-baked Wave 4 beta.  :>(  Those quote indicators are available
in HTML, but not in Plain Text.  Sometimes I remember to manually preface
the quote with ">  " - and sometimes I forget.

Oh, well.  Wave 4 beta 2 arrives tomorrow, they say, and then everything
will be fully baked.  I hope.  ;^}

RC
--

wrote:

>Hi, Hilton Head.
>
>"Hilton Head"  wrote in message
>
>Is it possible to access your Windows Live Email from a remote location
>and,
>if so, please let me know how?
>
>Thanks!
>

>It's not at all clear what you are trying to do.  :>(
>
>If you just want to pick up your email from any online computer in the
>world, use mail2web.com .

<SNIP>

Please use proper attribution / quote marks. In your above reply, it's
impossible to tell where the OP's quote is and where your text begins.

Thanks. :)

You mean, access your email from someone else's computer?
If you have maintained the default setting of keeping a copy of messages
on the server, then simply use a browser (like Internet Explorer) to go to
your provider's webmail page.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Hilton Head"  wrote in message news:9A0260D0-BEDA-4424-9A0C-C884F03C266E@microsoft.com...

Is it possible to access your Windows Live Email from a remote location and,
if so, please let me know how?

Thanks!

0
Gary
8/16/2010 6:41:51 PM
Until its fixed....posts from those using the beta(or even the next version beta if not resolved)will exhibit the same.
I'm not too concerned about expecting folks using the beta to spend additional time(though helpful)....it is what it is.

--
....winston
ms-mvp mail

wrote:

>Hi, Hilton Head.
>
>"Hilton Head"  wrote in message
>
>Is it possible to access your Windows Live Email from a remote location and,
>if so, please let me know how?
>
>Thanks!
>

>It's not at all clear what you are trying to do.  :>(
>
>If you just want to pick up your email from any online computer in the
>world, use mail2web.com .

<SNIP>

Please use proper attribution / quote marks. In your above reply, it's
impossible to tell where the OP's quote is and where your text begins.

Thanks. :)
winston
8/16/2010 6:49:18 PM
If your Windows Live email account is a Hotmail type account(and setup in WLM using the DeltaSync server http protocol), then:
- logon to your account at mail.live.com on any pc
or
- setup the same account using DeltaSync in WLM on another machine.

--
....winston
ms-mvp mail

"Hilton Head"  wrote in message news:9A0260D0-BEDA-4424-9A0C-C884F03C266E@microsoft.com...

Is it possible to access your Windows Live Email from a remote location and,
if so, please let me know how?

Thanks!
0
winston
8/16/2010 6:55:50 PM
A great big thank you to all who wrote to help me!!  We are going to NY and
going to use someone else's computer.  Yes, I can access new email via my
webmail but wanted to know if I could see my Live Mail Inbox, Drafts,etc of
emails that I already read in Live Mail as the webmail doesn't keep tract of
what I send out in Live.

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> You mean, access your email from someone else's computer?
> If you have maintained the default setting of keeping a copy of messages
> on the server, then simply use a browser (like Internet Explorer) to go to
> your provider's webmail page.
>
> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>

> "Hilton Head"  wrote in message news:9A0260D0-BEDA-4424-9A0C-C884F03C266E@microsoft.com...
>
> Is it possible to access your Windows Live Email from a remote location and,
> if so, please let me know how?
>
> Thanks!
>

> .

Messages can de dragged to a folder on a flash drive.
To get a copy of sent messages while in NY, put your address in the Bcc
field.

--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP- Windows Live Mail

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> You mean, access your email from someone else's computer?
> If you have maintained the default setting of keeping a copy of messages
> on the server, then simply use a browser (like Internet Explorer) to go to
> your provider's webmail page.
>
> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>

> "Hilton Head"  wrote in message
>
> Is it possible to access your Windows Live Email from a remote location
> and,
> if so, please let me know how?
>
> Thanks!
>

> .

0
Ron
8/17/2010 1:49:28 AM
Are you using POP access for that Hotmail account? If so, copies of sent
or draft messages will not be in webmail. To see all the folders, you have to
set up a new account in Windows Live Mail, using the same email address,
but this time let Windows Live Mail set up the default HTTP server protocol.
Once the new account is set up, you should be able to move or copy your
existing messages from the old account to the new account, thereby making
everything accessible remotely.

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> You mean, access your email from someone else's computer?
> If you have maintained the default setting of keeping a copy of messages
> on the server, then simply use a browser (like Internet Explorer) to go to
> your provider's webmail page.
>
> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>

> "Hilton Head"  wrote in message news:9A0260D0-BEDA-4424-9A0C-C884F03C266E@microsoft.com...
>
> Is it possible to access your Windows Live Email from a remote location and,
> if so, please let me know how?
>
> Thanks!
>

> .

0
Gary

Outlook 2007 email sorting by time of day then date
I would like to sort all emails received by time of day 1st then by date. Haven't found an easy way to do this as the received time shows as all in one field ie (mm/dd/yy hh:mm:ss). Could get query builder to work for me. ...

Merge to email w/Word and Outlook 2002 security issue
I am trying to merge email using Word and Outlook 2002. This merge consists of about 3000 recipients. When I commence the merge I get an Outlook Security warning that tells me that some outside program is trying to send email using my Outlook profile and I have to click Yes or No. It procedes to ask me for ever single recipient... I'm not going to sit there and say yes for 3000 people. Do you know of a setting somewhere that I can change to not ask me everytime? Thanks, Brian What service pack(s) have you applied? Did you choose HTML as the message format for the merge? -- ...

How do i stop an email being marked as read when i click 'Print'?
Hi There, Whenever i click on an new email (not double click) and click the print icon, it prints a copy of the email but it also marks that email as read, which is what i dont want. I know about the Reading Pane options but the option there is not option for this there. Is there a way for emails not to be marked as read once you print them? Kind regards Liz No, that is not possible with the built-in printing function of Outlook. A printing add-in might show different behavior though. You might want to try their trial first. See; http://www.howto-outlook.com/tag/printi...

Activity report
I'm trying to write a report showing completed activities for users and another for accounts (clients). Boy, is it ugly! In version 1.2, with Crystal Reports, the HTML emails looked just fine -- it would format the HTML with no problem. How do I get the same result with SSRS? (version 2000) Thanks, Karla you mean you are trying to report on the contents of an email activity? If so this cannot be done without some custom solution, its also logged as a bug. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP Web - http://www.crowecrm.com Blog - http://www.crowe...

CRM Email Router #3
Hello, I configured a Workflow in CRM. The workflow is simply a rule where it sends an email everytime a new CRM order is created. I created this work flow from the CRM server using a CRM administrator profile. It does work, but the email notification is not consistent. I realized that it works whenever I have my Outlook client open on the CRM server. If the Outlook client is off, the email notification does not work. How can I get my email notification to work if my Outlook client is closed or if the server is logged off? I do have the email router installed, but not sure how to conf...

clicking TOOLS/OPTIONS gives me error msg "cannot access dir D:/"
I need to change settings in the TOOLS/OPTIONS menu. But when I click on any tab in the OPTIONS menu it gives me the error message "cannot access dir D:/documents" I may have changed the name of that directory at some point and I suspect that is the problem. However I still need to change settings in the TOOLS/OPTIONS menu. How do I fix it? Hi Lori Close Excel Add this directory D:/documents and try again And try again -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Lori Rossi" <Lori Rossi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34A25E1A-D...

Administrator email account sending external msgs???
My Server Usage Report indicates that the Administrator account has sent 1820 External emails (only 16 internal ones). I'm perplexed since I have NOT used this account to send any external emails. I verified I don't have an open relay, so how is this possible? Paul wrote: > My Server Usage Report indicates that the Administrator > account has sent 1820 External emails (only 16 internal > ones). I'm perplexed since I have NOT used this account to > send any external emails. I verified I don't have an open > relay, so how is this possible? Probably bou...

tab in access
-- I added a tab control to a form what do i do so it should be from right to left? Gal On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 02:57:01 -0700, Gal <Gal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: That is currently not supported. Why do you need it? -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP > >-- I added a tab control to a form what do i do so it should be from right >to left? >Gal I am programing for a company in Israel and they write in hebrew plz help me if u can -- Gal "Gal" wrote: > > -- I added a tab control to a form what do i do so it should be from right ...

Access ODBC problem: Excel cannot get float columns
I need some help I'm trying to get Access external data from an Excel workbook, using the MS Query feature. Everything is ok except when I try to fetch some tables that ODBC refuses to get data from. The error message tells that the MS Access ODBC driver doesn't allow some columns to be transmited because of its number of characters. The most strange thing is that I can see the data from MS Query correctly, but I caannot get it back from Excel. After some tries, I thing it occurs only with real typed columns. Can anybody help me? I use Windows XP Home + Office 2000 spanish versio...

Outlook failure to send Access reports
I email reports from Access using Outlook. At times, the email will hang up in my outbox and will not send even if I open it and try to send it manually. Any of you fine folks know what's going on and how to fix this? Thanks - Ken Smith -- KMS Technical Solutions ...

Create form similar to MS Access 2000 Help
Is it possible to create a form that works similar to the Help - Index form in Access 2000? My StreetTable consists of the following fields: Street_ID(autonumber), StreetName(text), Directions(memo). I want to be able to type the beginning letters of the street and the List of StreetNames continually reduces until I see the street I need in the StreetNames window. I would then click on that street and the Directions would appear in the third window panel. Since I'm dealing with approx. 5000 streets, scrolling really isn't an option that I want to consider. I found that a combo ...

Email restriction
A few days ago I asked if Icould restrict certain people from sending to our everyone email account and I was advised how to do this in the Exchange General tab. My question today is: Is there a way to allow our authenticated users and those authenticated users of another domain in our forest, ONLY? Kathy If you allow only authenticated users to send/receive mail between domains .... will this not stop emails coming in from the internet???????? Normally setting to receive mail from authenticated users only is a best practise for Distribution Lists. "Kathy" wrote: ...

Sending emailes from Access
Once i week i would like an easy way from access to send out a a email to some customer that query will find. Whats the eaasyest wasy to send a email to about 20- 30 people, the email will be the same to every one, I know i could go throught outlook and do a mail merge but is there a way i can just have a button on a access form that will automatical send out an email to lots of people Thanks very much Any help would be great Best Regards Simon Dickson Poke around the Access EMail FAQ that Tony Toews has at http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/email.htm. There's likely something there...

Outlook Web Access error
Got this error message when trying to access my mailbox from Outlook Web Access. "Unable to get renderer" This happened on a particular machine but work fine on other machine. Anyone know what going on? ...

Email to Quote not working...
Here are the steps we have taken to make email - to - queue work, yet is has not: 1) created a new user in AD which will be the public email for our users, namely: AALSupport@CRM.local 2) Ensured an email box was created for this new acct. 3) Created a 3rd Acct which will be the forwarded to acct: CRMMBX@CRM.local 4) Configured properties to include the mailbox rights for SELF were a) Read b) Full Mailbox Access c) Associated Ext. Acct. 5) Added the two new users to the CRM. 6) Ran the Rule Deployment Wizard and typed in "CRMMBX@CRM.local" in the box. ...

Access Reports Disappear
I had a database that I had used for years with no problem. Lately I've noticed that some of the reports are disappearing. Yet, if I try to create a new report with the same name, Access says "Name conflicts with existing module, project or object library." So, I created a new database. The only thing I imported was the tables from the old database. Yet, I'm having the same problem. Has anyone seen this before? Make sure you have SHOW HIDDEN OBJECTS set to YES. Then take a look around for those "missing" reports... "JG" wrote: > I had a da...

Ol 2000 email settings
If I configured my outlook 2000 using co-operate or workgroup mail service, with 1 exchange mail account and 2 pop email account from external email service ( like attglobal email etc ). Am I allow to select from which email account I can send from? how to if is yes? Thanks for advice. OL2000 ...

How to add summary fields to Group Footer in Access Reports?
How do you add a Summary fields to Group Footers in Access? I have a Detail field I want to Sum in the Group Footer in my report. -- Pat Dools ...

Entourage Email replies appearing at bottom of recipients email
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop When I reply to someone they only see my signature at the top, the content of my email is at the bottom of their original email and have to scroll down to read my message. I would prefer that they could see my message and signature together at the top of the email when they open it. (is that decipherable) On 3/9/10 5:58 PM, natstar@officeformac.com wrote: > When I reply to someone they only see my signature at the top, the > content of my email is at the bottom of their original emai...

How can I forward an email as attachment in 2003
Hi Could anybody please tell me how to send emails as attachments in Outlook 2003? Thank you, Paul -- Paulobrien29 Make a new email and then use Insert Item to insert the email you want to send. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "Paulobrien29" <Paulobrien29.4b477ff@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:Paulobrien29.4b477ff@outlookbanter.com... > > Hi > > Could anybody please tell m...

emailing spreadsheet within excel
I have a user that has sent her spreadsheet as an attachment using the Send To Function. We use Outlook. Now, it seems as if the Send To option has lost its settings and is now trying to set up an Internet account instead of using the Microsoft Exchange Settings. Anyone know how to reset the Send To settings in Excel? Thanks! ...

time/date stamp on email
i used microsoft outlook for email. i sent an email to another outlook user and i wanted to find out if he's read it or not. is there any way to view the time/date that the person reads the email ? if you requested a read receipt and if the recipient uses a program that is capable of replying, yes. otherwise, no. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchang...

Can't access below toolbar.
I've used Windows Live mail successfully for several months but now I cannot access anything below the File, Edit, View etc bar. My mouse doesn't get a response from any button below that line. Help! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0037_01CB179F.F06F5C60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, Trevecchi. That=E2=80=99s a weird one that I haven=E2=80=99t heard before. But = that bar that starts with File | Edit | View... is the Menu Bar, not the = Toolbar. I hate to be...

Exporting a table from Access 2003 to Excel 2007
I am trying to export a table from Access 2003 with more than 100,000 records into Excel 2007 and am not having any luck. I do not find the 2007 file extension in the drop down and choosing the latest version only exports part of the table. Any thoughts on whether this is possible to do? -- Carol Hi Carol, This is even hard to do with Excel 2007. You won't be able to do it directly with Excel 2003. You could export the file as a comma separated value with a csv suffix. By default Excel usually opens csv files. However you may lose formatting and other stuff. I ju...

How do I check my email on another computer?
"LalaBobo" <LalaBobo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EADEB55F-1548-4A75-92FF-5D119532C946@microsoft.com... Go to it? <g> -- John Blessing http://www.LbeHelpdesk.com - Help Desk software priced to suit all businesses http://www.room-booking-software.com - Schedule rooms & equipment bookings for your meeting/class over the web. http://www.lbetoolbox.com - Remove Duplicates from MS Outlook, find/replace, send newsletters Is it ISP mail (your ISP will have details) or a web based service like Yahoo or Hotmail? -- Mike Hall MS-MVP Windows ...