.eml messages

I recently installed an update and now have Windows Live Mail on my system.
It has taken over for showing any .eml messages I receive. I use Outlook
Express and like it. I do not want this change. How can I get .eml messages
to show in Outlook Express like they used to? I have used the file "type" tab
under "folder options", but that does not work.

Windows Live Mail is an option, not an update. If you don't want it,
remove it.

OLEXP: Unable to Open EML File Attachments in Outlook Express:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=312355

Set OE as default:

Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Set Program Access and Defaults |
Custom + Down Arrow | Select the radio button for Outlook Express.

Make OE the default e-mail client:
http://www.oehelp.com/oedef.aspx

For links in e-mail:
http://www.oehelp.com/oelnk.aspx

And:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306098

Restores OE to the E-mail clients list in Internet Options
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/oe_client.htm

Outlook Express General newsgroup:

In your newsreader:

On the Web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"freds5" <freds5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently installed an update and now have Windows Live Mail on my
>system.
> It has taken over for showing any .eml messages I receive. I use Outlook
> Express and like it. I do not want this change. How can I get .eml
> messages
> to show in Outlook Express like they used to? I have used the file
> "type" tab
> under "folder options", but that does not work.

0
Bruce
5/11/2010 3:23:35 PM
Uninstall Windows Live Mail
 Add-Remove Programs/Windows Live Essentials/
 - uncheck Windows Live Mail

Reset OE as your default email client in Windows XP,  OE and IE's properties(see Bruce's response for specifics)

Ensure you uncheck Windows Live Mail if prompted in Windows/Microsoft Update(look under the Optional section)

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"freds5" <freds5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15C40DBB-90D6-4A24-A12A-8A47B924FAE5@microsoft.com...
> I recently installed an update and now have Windows Live Mail on my system.
> It has taken over for showing any .eml messages I receive. I use Outlook
> Express and like it. I do not want this change. How can I get .eml messages
> to show in Outlook Express like they used to? I have used the file "type" tab
> under "folder options", but that does not work.
0
winston

Outlook: shortcut to enter signature in individual email message.
A shortcut method should be available to insert signatures in an individual email in Outlook when I use Word as my email editor. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=da49690e-4051-4e19-af10-26...

error sending messages in outlook 07, account settings okay
Hello, This problem is giving me a huge headache, Recently everything was working well on my Vista OS, outlook 2007. Now I can't send out any messages, only receive. The messages stay in my OUTBOX and I get an error message when sending. Outlook is trying to send them but it can't. Account settings are good. I have 2 different user profiles crated on Vista with different e-mail accounts and outlook stopped sending on both of them. Don't matter which I'm logged in to, mine of my wife's it still doesn't work. I am also dual booting my PC and when I login to my XP ever...

Problem with repeating messages
What would cause Outlook to repeatedly send out the same message, every few minutes to every address designated? This behavior seems to be confined to cases where the email is addressed to a group of people, as opposed to a single individual. The message caused Outlook to generate the following error when attempting to send it to Gmail (google mail): Task 'pop.gmail.com' - Sending reported error #.....: Your outgoing (smtp) server does not support ssl-secured connections. If SSL-secured connections have worked in the past, contact your server administrator or internet service provid...

Intelligent Message Filter #6
Does the IMF support russian language? Hi Sergei, Unfortunately, no. The following languages are available for the IMF: Chinese (Simpl. and Trad.) English French German Italian Japanese Korean Spanish See http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=C1B08F7B-8CAF-4147-B074-8C9C8F277071&displaylang=en for more information. -- Scott Schnoll Microsoft This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. "Sergei" <serega@nsx.ru> w...

New History Item, Mail Message sends all messages as Rich Text Format
We are using Business Contact Manager 2007 with Outlook 2007. We are not using Exchange server as a backend, just plain old pop3/smtp mail servers. Problem we are having is when we open up an account, Click on New History Item, Mail Message, and if we send an attachment with that, the person that receives the message gets it in Rich Text format. If we right click on the Email address itself and click on Send Mail. The message will be sent out fine. Right click on the message and looking at the properties of the email address has the internet format listed as "Let Outlook decide the ...

Transfer queue messages
Is there a way to tell Exchange to re-send queue message in Local Delivery queue because mailboxes has been change from one server to another? That's because my database crash and I have restore the database to a brand new server and old messages are still stuck on the old . Sebastien Hi Sebastien, You need to right click on the Local Delivery Queue and select Force Connection. Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin) http://www.ExchangeIS.com "Sebas" <Sebas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23A513FE-2BCF-41E9-AF6F...

find function start with oldest message
whenever I run a find on my inbox (outlook 2003) it starts with the oldest message in the box and I find myself waiting for 10 minutes until it has worked through to more recent times. Is there any way to configure/change this behavior? Yep, use the Lookout addin for searches instead. It's a free Outlook add-in from Microsoft http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=09b835ee-16e5-4961-91b8-2200ba31ea37&DisplayLang=en -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed...

IM RPC Error Message
We have recently seen this message appear randomly when running any integration. This is GP 10 SP3. The only solution we have found is to reboot and it is fine for a few more days and then it happens again. ================================================= DOC 1 ERROR: The server threw an exception. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT)) ================================================= We are seeing more and more of these RPC issues. The only changes that are occuring are Windows Updates. Rich, Looking at your issue and the resolution that you took, It appears you h...

Outlook error message #22
When we send an email with an attachment >= approx 5 Mb the following error message is displayed in the Outlook Send/Receive Porgress box: ! Task 'SenderName - Sending' reported error (0x800C8105): 'Unknown Error 0x800C8105' Any ideas what this means? Thanks for the help. Hi, There are a couple of reasons you might be receiving this error message. Do you receive the same error message when trying to send smaller attachments? You should test and see if you receive it when sending a 1 MB attachment. If you are using an ISP, you should contact them and see if there ...

Detail reports on message store
I need a way (canned software, or I can write it) to be able to analyze my message store. I want to be able to report by folder, age the messages in buckets (current, 30-60 days, etc), # and size of attachements, etc. Most mail systems let you do this easily. Running Exchange 203 Enterprise. ...

v 10 RM void-incorrect message
Hi Folks In GP v 10 with SP1 I have found that if I want to void an RM transaction I am getting the message telling me that the entry did not originate in RM and do I want to continue. I most definitely did capture the entry in RM - I did not use SOP for the transaction yet I'm getting the message that you normally get if you had originated your transaction in SOP. This does seem like a new error in v 10 only as I've never had this problem in earlier versions. Does anyone else know about this please? I can't find anything on Partnersource about it. Thankx in advance. ...

Marking a Message Private in Outlook 2003
I know you can mark all the messages you send as "private", but can you mark just a single one? Reset your private option in the tools menu to "Normal" and then you can choose for each new email in the options of this new email if it should be private. Best Regards Peter -- Peter Marchert [EDP-Service Marchert] Homepage: Http://Www.Marchert.De Excel- And Outlook Programming Stars schrieb: > I know you can mark all the messages you send as "private", but can you > mark just a single one? I believe using this feature only places a banner across the mes...

Cannot send encrypted messages in a mixed-mode environment.
This is the case... We're running an 5.5 exchange and one exchange2003 server in a mixed-mode environment. We're using an linux server running sendmail as the smtp-server. Everything works fine, but it seems that as long as we're using the internet mail connector in our 5.5. server all external e-mails from the 2003 server goes through x400 to the 5.5 server and then uses the 5.5.'s servers internet mail connector to send the e-mail. Thats OK, but... When we're sending encrypted messages by using a p12 certificate the exchange2003 server does not send the e-mail furt...

Can't send if text entered in message body
I'm having a strange send error. If I just put the recipient address and a subject, the email will send. If I add ANY text to the message, when I click "Send & Receive" it starts to send, I get the progress bar, then it just sits there until it errors out. I'm totally stumped by this one...any help out there? Thanks, Rod ...

Messages not decoded correctly
I have a situation with at least two machines running Outlook 2007 against Exchange Server. A small number of messages are not being decoded correctly when Outlook receives them so they can not be read properly. If the message is re-sent from the originator, it is usually OK. The received messages contain the mime information, e.g. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C9D24C.74CCA6DC Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----_=_NextPart_002_01C9D24C.74CCA6DC" And the raw mime encoding. This is not a problem for short messages, but when the...

Subject in inbox, but no content in message
I receive the subject in my outlook express inbox, but the message is blank when I open it. Joel <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I receive the subject in my outlook express inbox, but > the message is blank when I open it. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. (Hint: run: regsvr32 inetcomm.dll) -- Brian Tillman ...

exmerge: number of messages processed: 0
I am running exchange 2003 enterprise. I've had an instance where the log file was deleted and then firstly I could not mount the store. Did eseutil /mh, then performed eseutil /d. Got clean sheet, but could not do defragmentation. In the end had the ost files for 85% of the users and recovered them, got the pst and it was OK. As for the rest, tried using exmerge to get mailboxes into pst files. I have no issue with permissions, but when I use it, I only get folders copies and no items inside of them? (get the above number of messages processed to be 0 for the mailboxes). Basically, ...

Saved messages
I save copies of certain Outlook messages in special subfolders within "My Documents" and I delete the original messages. The saved messages (thankfully) still contain their original attachments. Where are the attachments stored? The are certainly not stored in the same folders as the saved messages. -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ They're stored inside the .msg file, which itself is a binary file.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index...

Can't convert unsigned int to void * error message
Dear : i have the following code : CStdioFile file("C:\\report.txt",CFile::modeCreate | CFile::modeWrite); file.WriteString("My infor"); SetFilePointer(file.m_hFile,NULL,NULL,FILE_END);// the Compiler issued error said : E:\Private\Files\Dlg.cpp(321) : error C2664: 'SetFilePointer' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'unsigned int' to 'void *' file.close(); Why? this error generated in Visual Stdion 6 , the same code implemented in Visual Stdio 7 (Visual C++.NET ) run without errors .!!!!! what cause the problem? Regards Raed Sawalha wrote: >...

Exchange 2003 Message limit Problem
I have several users that are getting a NDR when trying to send a message with an attachment more then 5mb. I have checked the Global settings, SMTP connectors, and server properties and there is no limits. I also checked the routing group. I dont have access to check the AD user accounts, but i doubt that its set there since its only a few people with the issue. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking maybe its a corrupt SMTP connector? I appreciate any help that can be provided. Thanks Is the recipient inside our outside your organization? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Sch...

Finding and deleting a specific message in exchange 2003
I have a user who "accidentally" sent personal information to the entire Connecticut office in an email. At her behest I am looking for instructions on how to search and remove the email from everyone's mailbox. I would like to search by keyword as the subject is unique but size and date would work fine also. She has already used the recall message feature in outlook but that only worked for the folks who hadn't opened the email yet. We only have one exchange server so it shouldn't be too difficult. Normally my exchange admin would fix this but he's on vac...

how to preserve line breaks in the message
Hi, I'm generating email message from my web app using asp.net 2.0 mail objects. Each line in the message displays certain info and they all lined up one under another.To achive that in c# I add "\n" to the string to creat a new line. Resulting message display exactly what I need in yahoo mail but outlook strips out extra line breaks following its own logic by leaving some and removing some. The result is a total mess. Ex: Date: 07/27/2007 - 07/28/2007 Location: Eric P. Newman Education Center (new line is here) Amount Paid($): 980.00 (new line is here)Transaction ID: V78...

FrontPage error message
I haven't touched 2003 for quite a while and I can't get past tril period has expired, this version no longer functions. Order or Quit -- Davidsgtc The trial period for FP2003 expired at least three years ago. If yours is a trial version, then you may as well uninstall it. FrontPage is no longer on sale or supported (though Amazon or Ebay may have copies). If it is a retail version - then try a repair or reinstall. FrontPage has been replaced by SharePoint Designer or Expression Web. There is a trial for Expression Web at http://www.microsoft.com/expression If you buy or ...

Outlook express 6
What's a quick way of migrating folders and messages in Outlook Express from one computer to another? When I hit Export Messages I get "The export could not be performed, an error occurred while initialising MAPI". What's MAPI, and why can't I export. Exporting the address book is no problem. I've got quite a few OE folders and thousands of messages and copying each message to a temp folder, recreating each OE folder on the new system and dragging the messages into the new OE installation is time consuming.. Any help? Cheers! MS wrote: > What's a ...

Unable to reply to or forward a message in Outlook Web Access
Exchange 5.5. Suddenly, users are unable to reply to or forward a message in Outlook Web Access. Message size doesn't matter. I have 2 XP and 1 NT4 workstations on my desk. 1 XP system had the above problem, the others worked fine. I have rebooted the XP system that worked and now it can't forward or reply in OWA Haven't made any changes in the web or Exchange servers Thanks Dan Popup blockers blocking the additional popup browser window? Try holding the Ctrl key while clicking Reply or Forward. Thanks, Richard Roddy Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided &...