"unable to create this stationery" - how to avoid

After starting-up Windows Live Mail (v. 14), the first time I try "New" to
create a new e-mail the system displays an error-box "Unable to create this
stationery."  I click OK.  The system provides a "New Message" template
without my signature.  I close it.  I again click "New."  This time (and
onward) I get what I want - (a) no error-box and (b) a template with my
signature.
What can I (or Microsoft) do so that (for the first use of "New" after
start-up) I get what I want, namely (a) and (b)?

afaik.not possible...if one configures WLM to use html as default and also configures a new message to use a default
stationery...that error message will appear(and has for quite some time).

To avoid the error using WLM's options...uncheck the option to use default stationery and/or change default new composition to
plain text
or
Create a new message as a template with the desired stationery then use 'File/Save As' and save the message as a *.eml file on the
desktop or other location..then use that saved message as your template

The only other option with a default stationery and html is to do exactly what you are doing...close the error message and click
'new' again.

What can you do ? Send feedback to Msft(WLM Menu/Help/Send Feedback)

..

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Thomas J. Buckholtz" <ThomasJBuckholtz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After starting-up Windows Live Mail (v. 14), the first time I try "New" to
> create a new e-mail the system displays an error-box "Unable to create this
> stationery."  I click OK.  The system provides a "New Message" template
> without my signature.  I close it.  I again click "New."  This time (and
> onward) I get what I want - (a) no error-box and (b) a template with my
> signature.
> What can I (or Microsoft) do so that (for the first use of "New" after
> start-up) I get what I want, namely (a) and (b)?

0
winston
1/7/2010 8:07:58 AM
Hi Thomas,
I get the same error message when I choose a particular stationery (e.g.
bamboo), and then startup WLM and create a new message. Like you, the
problem goes away after that.
See my post on 12/5.
Bob Campbell.

"Thomas J. Buckholtz" <ThomasJBuckholtz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:84A1E720-C1F6-4F0C-BADF-9F376C92CC9A@microsoft.com...
> After starting-up Windows Live Mail (v. 14), the first time I try "New" to
> create a new e-mail the system displays an error-box "Unable to create
> this
> stationery."  I click OK.  The system provides a "New Message" template
> without my signature.  I close it.  I again click "New."  This time (and
> onward) I get what I want - (a) no error-box and (b) a template with my
> signature.
> What can I (or Microsoft) do so that (for the first use of "New" after
> start-up) I get what I want, namely (a) and (b)?

0
Bob
1/9/2010 3:19:39 AM
I found that if I created the default stationery using the editor (I use
FrontPage) and then save it as a new template, the error message goes away.

"Thomas J. Buckholtz" wrote:

> After starting-up Windows Live Mail (v. 14), the first time I try "New" to
> create a new e-mail the system displays an error-box "Unable to create this
> stationery."  I click OK.  The system provides a "New Message" template
> without my signature.  I close it.  I again click "New."  This time (and
> onward) I get what I want - (a) no error-box and (b) a template with my
> signature.
> What can I (or Microsoft) do so that (for the first use of "New" after
> start-up) I get what I want, namely (a) and (b)?
Marlon, thanks for reporting your results.

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

is the message I get when I click new message. If I cancel and I select new message again I get my new message with my chosen stationery. Any idea's why I get get this error msg.? Thanks in advance. What version of WLMail are you using? -- Ron Sommer MS-MVP Mail "Wirk" <Wirk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A55F6FD1-4F34-46FD-ACE1-E2FD38B53CEB@microsoft.com... > is the message I get when I click new message. > If I cancel and I select new message again I get my new message with my > chosen stationery. > > Any idea...