x86 Proc WH_MOUSE Mouse Data Incorrect After First To CallNextHook

We have a 32 bit process that uses several thread only WH_MOUSE callbacks.
We are in the process of testing the application under 64 bit versions of
Windows.  The issue we are seeing has to do with the mouse data value not
being correct after the first call to CallNextHookEx.

Let me start from the beginning.
There are three thread only WH_MOUSE callbacks installed by the application.
 When the first callback is notified of mouse activity, I check the lParam
value in memory and notice that either 0x0078 (120) or 0xFF88 (-120) is at
the end of the structure defined for WH_MOUSE callbacks.  No modification is
made to the structure of data, so CallNextHookEx is called, which in turn
calls the next installed hook.  The lParam is different but the data is the
same, except for the last four bytes of data.  It does not contain the wheel
delta value.  Same situation happens again when passing this value on through
CallNextHookEx.

I stepped through our application on a 32 bit version of Windows and noticed
that the lParam is changing there as well, so I expect this behavior to
correct, but I expect that the problem lies in what seems to be a copying of
data between calls to CallNextHookEx.

I'm not quite sure where the disconnect is at.  So the first time
CallNextHookEx is called in our application, the value is correct, but
subsequent calls are incorrect.  This doesn't seem to be the designed
behavior for 32 bit application on 64 bit versions of Windows.  Is there
anything in the works to correct this issue?  Is there something that we are
doing wrong in our application?  Thanks for any help provided.
windows.64bit.general 524 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Add data to cell w/o loosing initial data
I would like to know if there is a way to add data to data without retyping. For example I have a colum of 18015555555 and I want to add [rfax:(cell #)@/fn=(phone number)] So I would like to add the brackets - copy from a cell - @/fn= and not loose the data already in the spread sheet. Example 2. Add [rfax:company name@fn/=(saved data here) then close bracket. So I want to add data to cells without loosing the data already in the cells. I have about 600 of them to do and I really don't want to do each one by hand. Please let me know if anyone knows how to accomplish this. Tha...

Removing filters from data
Hi. I have recorded a macro to remove filters from data lasts in advance of performing other actions. However if the data is unfiltered the macro falls over with the message Run time error '1004' ShowAllData method of Worksheet class failed. I think I need some sort of if error continue code or something to check filtering first. I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction please. Hi Philip Try If Activesheet.Filtermode Then ActiveSheet.ShowAllData -- Jacob "Philip J Smith" wrote: > Hi. > > I have re...

Moving certain data to different sheet
I need to move data that meets a certain criteria, to another sheet within a workbook. For instance, if a column of data is for a certain ZIP code area, I need it to automatically copy to a sheet for that city. Say, 40202 would go to the Louisville, KY sheet. Because Louisville has multiple ZIPs, I would need only the data that begins with 402 to go to that sheet. Lexington KY's data, which begins with ZIP code 405, would go to its own sheet. Macro? Formula? Thanks! This can definitely not be created with a formula. I suggest that you make use of the macros. Rgrds, Kris...

How do I import data from lotus123 & maintain formulas/worksheets
I am trying to convert several complex Lotus 123 workbooks with formulas into Excel 2003. How do I do this and maintain my formulas and the individual tabs (worksheets). hi, if the lotus file is a wks version or earlier, xl should open it and let you save it as an xl file. if the lotus file is a 123 version or higher, you can open the file in lotus and save it as an xl file. if you don't have lotus, find someone who does. "Ineluctable" wrote: > I am trying to convert several complex Lotus 123 workbooks with formulas into > Excel 2003. How do I do this and maintai...

Outlook first use
Hi, when I open Outlook in a workstation for the first time, Outlook open setup and ask user to create a new profile. I have a utility to create profile automaticaly and this setup is deleting existing profile. Is it possible to Outlook don�t ask to create a new profile for the first time? Tks. Alex ...

Determine number of rows with data

an attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format
Hello, This is the error I get on Windows 7. I tried going to the project screen in vb.net Studio 2008, and changing the target cpu to x64. This did not work. Do I have to build the program on Windows 7? I'm sure this must be a common problem for programs going to Windows 7. Thanks for any help. Scott On May 22, 2:17=A0am, "Scott Baxter" <sc...@websearchstore.com> wrote: > Hello, > > This is the error I get on Windows 7. > > I tried going to the project screen in vb.net Studio 2008, and changing t= he > target cpu to x64....

Right click mouse no menu
Outlook 2003, Windows XP, SP2. Since a while (context unknown) when I right-click an email in a folder the menu that normally pops up (with options like open, mark as read, delete, etc.). This Menu doesn't come up any more. On a another Laptop and on a Desktop (same revision level) it works.I did a repair of office. No luck. Looks like this is a know problem (you can search forum for occurence of "right") but no solution provided yet. Any suggestions, solutions? Thanks If you close and reopen Outlook, does it work again? How about after a reboot of Windows? --� Milly...

MemDC & Scroll Control with Mouse Wheel
Ever since I changed to use MemDC, using the mouse wheel made my CSrollView a complete mess. The wheel mouse control was working fine with my flickering version. Then I used MemDC to get rid of flickering issue, now I am having this scrolling issue for using the middle wheel mouse button. What could be wrong? Thanks. On 12 Aug 2005 06:53:36 -0700, guxu@hotmail.com wrote: >Ever since I changed to use MemDC, using the mouse wheel made my >CSrollView a complete mess. The wheel mouse control was working fine >with my flickering version. Then I used MemDC to get rid of flickering &g...

A first look at the new Office Snapin for MSCRM
http://blogs.msdn.com/jstraumann -- John [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of any included script or code samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm. ...

Scroll horizontaly with mouse, create same system used to scroll .
Hi, I think it would be great if mouses adopted a second scroll button, for horizontal scrolling, just like the vertical one .... Indeed, when you work with wide Excel spreadsheets, you can easily scroll down but to scroll from left to right or vice-versa, you have to use the scroll bar or arrows and it's annoying... So, am I a millionnaire yet??? Hi Frederic, > I think it would be great if mouses adopted a second scroll button, for > horizontal scrolling, just like the vertical one .... Indeed, when you work > with wide Excel spreadsheets, you can easily scroll down b...

Middle mouse button does not always open in new tab anymore
Hi! I am experiencing the problem that when I click with the middle mouse button on a link (for example google search results) it does not always open it in a new tab anymore. In about 20% of the cases it takes over the current tab instead. The same problem is explained here in german: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.de.internetexplorer&tid=cd463718-8df6-4ee4-9e8a-9ee527837f83&cat=&lang=de&cr=DE&sloc=&p=1 But since there was no answer found so far I decided to take it to the next level (english c...

WM_QUERYENDSESSION and saving data through a worker thread
Hello I have an application that uses a worker thread to save/load data. I'm wondering what is the best reaction to WM_QUERYENDSESSION in my case. I have to possible scenarios: 1. When WM_QUERYENDSESSION comes fire the thread and wait for it to end. Only then return TRUE from WM_QUERYENDSESSION handler. The problem is that I will get nusty dialog that my application "is not responding". 2. When WM_QUERYENDSESSION comes fire the thread and return FALSE from the handler. When thread is done force application to end. But this way I will probably prevent Windows from closing,...

Copying data from one chart to another

how to import data from outlook express for mac
Hello, I'm changing my net from macintosh to windows xp, and I was wondering how to import all the data (messages, contacts, etc) from outlook express for macintosh to outlook express or outlook 2002 on my windows xp I have the outlook express macintosh files, but I can't import any data. Maybe I have to do another step before... Any idea? Thank you Xavi ...

Data Analysis P-Charts
How do you create p-charts using upper control limits (UCL) and lower contril limits (LCL) using the standard deviation..? A p-chart is just a line chart. You can indicate the control limits with added lines, per the examples here: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#AddLine I would use the point-and-error-bar method, with the point to the right of the chart, and use a "Show Values" data label on the points. I also have a poorly documented Dynamic Control Chart on my site that you might be able to hack to meet your needs: http://www.geocities....

File Error
After performing an append query on a list containing duplicates, I exported the new table as a new sheet into a pre-existing Excel file containing approximately nine other sheets. When I click on the file to open it, I get an error message stating File Error: Data May Be Lost. When the file opens, the first worksheet appears to be fine, but the other nine plus the new one that I exported from Access are jumbled as if the file had been corrupted. I tried the "Open and Repair" option but to no avail. Is there anything I can do to restore the data? I am an intermediate level us...

Doc/View architecture (SDI) first view
Hi, I would like for some reasons be able to create the first initial view of my SDI application and I don't know how to do it. For now here is the standard code : = CSingleDocTemplate* pDocTemplate = new CSingleDocTemplate( IDR_MAINFRAME, RUNTIME_CLASS(CMainDoc), RUNTIME_CLASS(CMainFrame), // main SDI frame wnd pViewClass ); if (!pDocTemplate) { return FALSE; } AddDocTemplate(pDocTemplate); // Parse command line for standard shell commands, DDE, file open CCommandLineInfo cmdInfo; ParseCommandLine(cmdInfo); // Dispatch commands specified on the command line....

repaired ext hd
I recently had an external hard drive fail. Sometimes it showed up under my computer and other times not. Did not show up in disk management. Tried on another pc - nogo. So.... I sent drive off for data recovery and received email from comp that said: A. Media evaluation results overview * The file system was structurally damaged preventing access to the data. The file system has been repaired to point to the file data. Can anyone tell me what that means? Is there a way i could "repoint" to data? Thanks. patti On May 5, 7:20=A0pm, patti <pa...@discussions.m...

What are the different methods of representing numerical data?
Can someone answer my questions "What are the different methods of representing numerical data"? "Excel Problem" wrote: > Can someone answer my questions "What are the > different methods of representing numerical data"? Sounds like a test question. What's the context? Is it asking about numerical formats? Or is it asking about date v. time v. other numerical data? (Which really is not "different methods" per se. All are floating-point aka real numbers. But the test might be asking for the specifics of date and time rep...

Check if data has already been formatted.
Hello, I have a sub() as part of a larger set of macros. This particular sub() will take the raw data pulled from an in-house reporting system and format it to suit our needs (adding a couple of columns with formulas to facilitate pivot table creation). This is the code as I have it so far: Sub FormatData() Application.ScreenUpdating = False ActiveWindow.DisplayGridlines = False ' Declarations Dim DataWks As Worksheet Dim LastRow As Long Dim LastCol As Long ' Set the DataWks variable Set DataWks = Worksheets("Data") ...