Windows Media Player in Windows 7

With Windows Media Player 11 in Windows Vista, when i have a movie in .avi
and the subtitle .srt (Both Files with the same name), i can see the movie
with subtitle correctly.

With Windows Media Player in Windows 7 Ultimate i only see the movie without
subtitle. What is the Problem?

Version of Media Player in W7 - 12.0.7600.16415

Best regards and thank you for your answers.
Curious
windows.64bit.general 524 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,
Windows 7 uses a new type of video decoders (called Windows Media
Foundation) as opposed to the DirectShow filters used in Vista.
No matter what decoders (K-lite codec pack, ffdshow, etc.) you install in
Windows 7, it will still use the WMF ones.
DirectShow filters were the ones that allowed you seeing the subtitles and
those don't work out of the box in Windows 7.
Not everything is lost, I CAN see subtitles with Windows Media Player in
Windows 7 x64 aftera little tweaking.
You will just have to do some research here:
http://www.hack7mc.com/category/subtitles
It is all legal material, no cracking involved.
Carlos

"Curious" wrote:

> With Windows Media Player 11 in Windows Vista, when i have a movie in .avi
> and the subtitle .srt (Both Files with the same name), i can see the movie
> with subtitle correctly.
>
> With Windows Media Player in Windows 7 Ultimate i only see the movie without
> subtitle. What is the Problem?
>
> Version of Media Player in W7 - 12.0.7600.16415
>
> Best regards and thank you for your answers.
> Curious

how to set up yahoo plus in windows mail?
windows mail setup with yahooplus?windows vista windowsmail 6 what display name is acceptaable? wrote: > windows mail setup with yahooplus?windows vista windowsmail 6 ==================================================== Maybe the following link will help: Setting up Yahoo! Mail in Windows Live Mail http://tinyurl.com/lmmoo3 or... http://www.freeemailtutorials.com/windowsLiveMail/setupEmailAccounts/setupYahooMailAccount.htm -- J. Inzer MS-MVP Digital Media Experience Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that work ...

Direct Access I/O ports under Windows 2000
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C38907.AAF0A5A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi all, Our application deals with ISA card directly through IO port address. It = is working under Win98, but not Win2000. The problem is I/O privilege access controlled by Windows 2000. I am doing research to see if possible to update the current source code = for Win2000. The current source code simply includes <conio.h> and uses _inp(...) and = _outp(...) to deal directly with hardware. The ...

Windows Media Player 11 and Album Art
This concerns WMP 11 in XP where I have some album art icons appearing OK in the individual expanded icon view but an incorrect piece of album art (from elsewhere in my library) appearing in the library icon view. I have been unable to force a correction, even when I re-paste the correct album art. Can anyone help? Go to the folder where the tracks of a particular album are located, by right-clicking one of the tracks in WMP and selecting Open file location. Look for JPG files in the folder (these files are usually hidden, so make sure Explorer is set to show hidden files). Del...

Display Screen 1/2 Grid; 1/2 VBE (or at least Code Window)
Is there a way (button, command, etc) to be able to view (quickly, and side by side) a my worksheet (only 1 workbook is open say) and my code window? If you just want to look at macros do a cltr+' (key to left of 1). John North Yorkshire UK "Jim May" <jmay@cox.net> wrote in message news:Fqb7d.10064$0j.2648@lakeread07... > Is there a way (button, command, etc) to be able to view (quickly, and > side > by side) > a my worksheet (only 1 workbook is open say) and my code window? > > Jim With Excel workbook open to the sheet of your choice and VBE o...

Excel 2000 file won't open on Windows 2000 PC's
I have a problem with a large (35 Mb) Excel spreadsheet that refuses t open on my users Windows 2000 PC's. All the PC's are running Offic 2000 SP3, but the file will only open on PC's running Windows XP. have recreated users local profiles, which has not fixed the problem and also copied the file from the network share to the local PC's. Whe opening the file, Excel says "Ready" in the bottom left hand corner o the screen, but the file is not listed in the "recently accessed" lis and the Excel window is blank -- carlos7 ------------------------------------...

Store Operations Manager prints labels to Windows default printer
I have a client who prints little barcode labels on a daily basis from the Store Operations Manager app. Once you click through all the prompts, you are presented with a list of printers. What happens is, regardless of which printer you choose from this window, the labels goes to the Windows default printer. So as long as the label printer is selected as the default, it will work. But this doesn't make sense that it would work this way. If it always prints to the default printer, why does it even prompt with the list of printers to choose from? And it would be a hassle to always have to ch...

Windows Mail Inbox corrupt
I'm running Vista; just today all of a sudden after leaving my inbox, which was working okay, opening all incoming msgs, I went back to it to open new ones and none would open. Each time I tried to open one it would just start building up on my taskbar and not open. I checked Task Manager and first task read; Driver Software Installation, and along with that it showed the e-mails I had tried to open.I waited to see if the Dvr Software Install was doing anything but nothing was occurring, so I ended all tasks. I further deleted all that was in my Delete box. I also can dele...

converting windows 2000 to XP
Is this a start fresh process where I uninstall 2000 or is it a install XP over2000 like an update You can either install over or along side. "BKR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1289E82A-97A2-4B6F-88C8-8B39DCDF4E14@microsoft.com... : Is this a start fresh process where I uninstall 2000 or is it a install XP over2000 like an update? : Let me rephrase -- are you talking Office2000 and Office XP or the Windows the Operating system? See other post if Office If the operating system, depends on the type of program you bought -- if you bought a...

Item Resource Planning Maintenance Window
What SQL table is associated with the "Item Resource Planning Maintenance" window in Dynamics 9.0? Robert: There are 5 tables associated with that window. Go to Tools>Resource Descriptions>Windows, select the Inventory Series, scroll down til you see the Window name, click on it and the associated tables will appear in the lower right pane. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com ...

Dexterity new window
Hi We have total 30 companies hence made small cusomisation using dextetrity to open and close the period. It is working fine and the conecton strings used in the dexteririty still remain in master database. Could you please help us how to clear the same. ...

Which excel viewer does one use for Windows 98?
I am trying to find an excel viewer that will work with Windows 98; is there such a thing? Excel 2003 viewer requires a minimum of Windows 2000 This will work with win98 http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download.asp?fid=5257&fileidx=1 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Puzzled" <Puzzled@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D7D72A0-FA8F-4FF3-A2D0-31C5D8B6B4FA@microsoft.com... >I am trying to find an excel viewer that will work with Windows 98; is >there > such a thing? > > Excel 2003 viewer requires a minimum ...

PIe Chart #7
I have a Pie chart showing the Name and %. The % detailed due to rounding errors add up to 99% so Excel 2002 has added the 1% value to an individual slice. However, it has been inconsistant in its approach and now two seperate charts have the 1% added to different pieces that should actually be the same value. While not dreadful it is causing a problem when dealing with certain individuals. How can I make it so that it deals with it the same way? Regards Ginger ...

Moving e-mail from Thunderbird to Outlook Under Windows 7
I used Thunderbird as my e-mail client on my old XP machine, and now have a Windows 7 machine with Office 2007. I would like to import all my old Thunderbird e-mails into Outlook, but am have been unable to doing so. Most solutions I have found by googling the problem seem to involve converting Thunderbird's mailboxes into eml files, importing these into outlook express and then moving them to Outlook. Given that Outlook Express does not exist under Windows 7, and the fact that I am reluctant to install Windows Live Mail (why clutter the computer with software I will not use), is t...

emails #7
I have a question....Please help! Does anyone know why I cant receive "reply" emails? When I send out an email to somebody and they hit "reply" to respond I never get them. I can receive new mail though. Thanks in advance! are you using Outlook in Internet email mode? are you certain that in your account configuration the "reply" address is correct? "Aim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:bfe901c4382f$0fb38c60$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have a question....Please help! > Does anyone know why I cant receive "r...

Windows CD
hi, My Windows CD become out of order may be due to scratch or anything else. Can any body tell me where to get the CD or iso image of Windows CD without Serial key (As I've mine). Please reply, I'm facing troubles. I searched on microsoft website but couldn't find. There are available only new with price. I want free of cost because i've the serial key. Even if available in iso image file. Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Some Useful Javascript Debugging Functions http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/3e2c8093-4f26-41c4-83d2-cefc71...

Print Layout
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel In Print Layout Mode I always want Word to display one page per window. I don't want this to change when I use a lower zoom ratio. On the PC version of Word, this option is configurable. I cannot find a comparable configuration on the MAC. I always want only one page displayed regardless of the zoom ration that I select. I don't want Word gratuitously giving me more than one page displayed per window just because I select a lower zoom ratio. Thanks, -jim Well... That's the way it works. When pos...

Windows Media Player error
While i am playing music through windows media player,the music will stop when i alternet tab to warcraft III. Can anyone help me solve my problem? My other friends does not have this problem. -- cleve23 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cleve23's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/167947.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/media-player/1286626.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

Testing #7
Just testing to see if posting works Craig Craig Sink <cwsink@msn.com> wrote: > Just testing to see if posting works Then post in a group meant for test messages. microsoft.public.test.here is one. -- Brian Tillman ...

MFC types not visible in WATCH window while debugging
I have this problem (and had it before on different machines); the MFC types are NOT VISIBLE in the WATCH window while debugging, the same for MFC types in the locals window. Watch DISPLAYS "Error: symbol "myMFCVar" not found" Local DISPLAYS "Error: syntax error" I recal it had to something to do with missing (?) files in the MFC directory (?), so I REINSTALLED my Developer Studio. It didn't help. Does anybody recall what exactly is missing and what I should copy from one of my collegues? Thanks, Joan This might be a long shot. Do you have the solutio...

importing from windows
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel how do i import my excel files from my old pc to new mac excel Shoe leather :-) Save them onto a USB stick and carry them over. Mac and PC use the same file format for Excel, so you do not need to (Must not!) do anything else. Put them in the correct folders within your Documents folder on the Mac. "Documents" on the Mac is the same thing as "My Documents" on the PC, that's where you should put all your work so your indexing, searching, and backup all work correctly. Che...

Problem with Windows memory
Hello everyone. My application uses VB6 to create and run a MialMerge with Word. It works OK but I noticed that when the merged documents were completed and saved on the hard disk, I then checked Windows task manager (ctrl + alt + del) and saw that there was still an instance of Winword.exe running even though I had set all variables relating to Word.Application, Word.Documents etc.. to 'Nothing. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks in advance. Tim Christopher "Tim Christopher" <TimChristopher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B77C4...

LIST OF "WINDOWS 7" NEWSGROUPS (Windows7, Win7)
Where is 'Windows7" Nesgroup? This question is being asked here (on microsoft.public.windows.vista.general): methodically, weekly (if not more often), so it became a "sticky note" everyone is tired of answering. Some of us feel that the question is repeated by people too lazy to Google or learn for themselves. Let's answer this question once & for ALL, only problem I can't make this Article a "sticky note" also (unlike the question - ironically), let's hope these people can SEARCH & LOCATE my answer, here it goes: ***************...

Windows Live Messenger no longer starts silently
WLM is set to run on startup, and I would like it to continue doing so, however it has suddenly started popping up on startup instead of running silently until I want to open it to sign on. Any help is appreciated. Greetings, This is actually an option, so it's possible it got triggered on. You can turn it off again (assuming this is the problem), by opening any Messenger window, pressing the Alt key on the keyboard to bring up the menu bar, choosing the Tools menu, then Options, click the Sign In category, and then uncheck 'Open Windows Live Messenger main window wh...

12.1.7 broke compatibility with Spaces
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I've been using the Mac's Spaces feature for some time with the Office apps running in their own "space". That worked fine until the upgrade to 12.1.7. Now when I switch "spaces", say, from Mail to Powerpoint, the Powerpoint windows get shuffled or may disappear completely. Highly annoying and makes Spaces unusable with MS Office. On 4/22/09 10:18 AM, in article 59b72a3b.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "bostonbrian@officeformac.com" <bostonbrian@officeformac.com> wrote: > Ve...

windows mail on vista
recently when i try to check my email on windows mail a windows security box pops up and asks me to verify my username and password for my mail server. after i put those in it pops up again and doesnt ever let me check the mail. I have deleted the mail account and redone it multiple times with no progress. please help Most probably your ISP is having issues. Might want to call them and find out -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "lilloola" <lilloola@discussions.mi...