WIN 7 64Bit with HP CP2025dn LaserJet With Windows 7 64bit offline issue

I had a system crash which forced me to re-install windows.  Now, my
CP2025DN shows offline, I have to shut it off and turn it back on, as
it's refusing to wake up from powersave in order to print, or if I log
off, reboot and log back on, the printer prints my job.  Can I just
disable powersave or is there an option for always online?

Thank you

Tony Lisanti
0
Anthony
3/31/2010 12:57:47 PM
windows.64bit.general 524 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You should refer to the user manual about the settings for the printer.
  If you don't have the manual you can go to HP's website and download
the documentation @
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Home.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=3673580&lang=en&cc=us

The user manual will have the appropriate information and the printer
settings can be set as you wish for your situation.

On 2010-03-31 08:57, Anthony Lisanti wrote:

> I had a system crash which forced me to re-install windows.  Now, my
> CP2025DN shows offline, I have to shut it off and turn it back on, as
> it's refusing to wake up from powersave in order to print, or if I log
> off, reboot and log back on, the printer prints my job.  Can I just
> disable powersave or is there an option for always online?
>

> Thank you
>

> Tony Lisanti
0
Bobby
3/31/2010 1:22:23 PM

It's not in the user manual, that's why I posted
here........................

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 09:22:23 -0400, Bobby Johnson
<rjohnson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>You should refer to the user manual about the settings for the printer.
>  If you don't have the manual you can go to HP's website and download
>the documentation @
>http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Home.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=3673580&lang=en&cc=us
>
>The user manual will have the appropriate information and the printer
>settings can be set as you wish for your situation.
>

>On 2010-03-31 08:57, Anthony Lisanti wrote:
>>

>> I had a system crash which forced me to re-install windows.  Now, my
>> CP2025DN shows offline, I have to shut it off and turn it back on, as
>> it's refusing to wake up from powersave in order to print, or if I log
>> off, reboot and log back on, the printer prints my job.  Can I just
>> disable powersave or is there an option for always online?
>>

>> Thank you
>>

>> Tony Lisanti
0
Anthony
4/1/2010 12:39:52 AM
On 3/31/2010 8:39 PM, Anthony Lisanti wrote:

> It's not in the user manual, that's why I posted
> here........................

You will probably have to contact HP.  I looked they only have the
manuals for the 2020 series which this printer is a part of.
Unfortunately, the manual posted is old... however may apply even in
your situation.

Good Luck.

James K.
0
James
4/1/2010 3:17:36 AM
If I had a question about an HP printer, then I would contact HP.  Or is
that confusing the subject with logic?  I wouldn't go to a Ford dealer
to ask a question about my Chevy.

On 2010-03-31 20:39, Anthony Lisanti wrote:

> It's not in the user manual, that's why I posted
> here........................
>

> On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 09:22:23 -0400, Bobby Johnson
> <rjohnson@discussions.microsoft.com>  wrote:
>
>> You should refer to the user manual about the settings for the printer.
>>   If you don't have the manual you can go to HP's website and download
>> the documentation @
>> http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Home.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=3673580&lang=en&cc=us
>>
>> The user manual will have the appropriate information and the printer
>> settings can be set as you wish for your situation.
>>

>> On 2010-03-31 08:57, Anthony Lisanti wrote:
>>>

>>> I had a system crash which forced me to re-install windows.  Now, my
>>> CP2025DN shows offline, I have to shut it off and turn it back on, as
>>> it's refusing to wake up from powersave in order to print, or if I log
>>> off, reboot and log back on, the printer prints my job.  Can I just
>>> disable powersave or is there an option for always online?
>>>

>>> Thank you
>>>

>>> Tony Lisanti
0
Bobby
4/1/2010 10:16:16 AM
Well it makes a little sense to try and ask in the newsgroups to see
if someone had the same problem.   HP, as will all companies makes for
a process you need to create a user account, and provide tons of
information.   They even want the printer's serial # before you can
sub mit a question to the special system.  I am recovering from
cancer, and cannot reach behind the printer to provide a serial #.
Therefore, I'm locked out of help from HP.

Your Ford Chevy comment really doesn't apply.

On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 06:16:16 -0400, Bobby Johnson
<rjohnson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>If I had a question about an HP printer, then I would contact HP.  Or is
>that confusing the subject with logic?  I wouldn't go to a Ford dealer
>to ask a question about my Chevy.
>

>On 2010-03-31 20:39, Anthony Lisanti wrote:
>>

>> It's not in the user manual, that's why I posted
>> here........................
>>

>> On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 09:22:23 -0400, Bobby Johnson
>> <rjohnson@discussions.microsoft.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> You should refer to the user manual about the settings for the printer.
>>>   If you don't have the manual you can go to HP's website and download
>>> the documentation @
>>> http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Home.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=3673580&lang=en&cc=us
>>>
>>> The user manual will have the appropriate information and the printer
>>> settings can be set as you wish for your situation.

0
Anthony
4/1/2010 12:32:30 PM
I believe you could have found the appropriate answer if you had gone to
the HP website and did a little searching.  I found that @
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&lang=en&cc=us&docIndexId=64179&taskId=101&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=3673580#3
there is a link for an item referred to as a User Guide.  In that guide
is detailed information about the printer's Control Panel.  On page 14
is the PowerSave setting information.

I didn't have to register for anything.  I just read the information on
the website pages and found what you were asking for.  So, I go back to
my previous post, if you're looking for information about an HP printer
the best place to find it is on the HP website.

I appreciate the fact that you are recovering from cancer, but I don't
see the relevance.  And I think my Ford & Chevy comment is applicable!

On 2010-04-01 08:32, Anthony Lisanti wrote:

> Well it makes a little sense to try and ask in the newsgroups to see
> if someone had the same problem.   HP, as will all companies makes for
> a process you need to create a user account, and provide tons of
> information.   They even want the printer's serial # before you can
> sub mit a question to the special system.  I am recovering from
> cancer, and cannot reach behind the printer to provide a serial #.
> Therefore, I'm locked out of help from HP.
>
> Your Ford Chevy comment really doesn't apply.
>

> On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 06:16:16 -0400, Bobby Johnson
> <rjohnson@discussions.microsoft.com>  wrote:
>
>> If I had a question about an HP printer, then I would contact HP.  Or is
>> that confusing the subject with logic?  I wouldn't go to a Ford dealer
>> to ask a question about my Chevy.
>>

>> On 2010-03-31 20:39, Anthony Lisanti wrote:
>>>

>>> It's not in the user manual, that's why I posted
>>> here........................

0
Bobby

imap sent issue
Hello, Rule description: Apply this rule after I send the message through the IMAP account and on this machine only move a copy to a the Sent folder but it doesn't work... instead all of my messages ending up in "Sent Items" under my Personal Folders... why? John Smith <someone@microsoft.com> wrote: > Rule description: > Apply this rule after I send the message > through the IMAP account > and on this machine only > move a copy to a the Sent folder > > but it doesn't work... instead all of my messages ending up in "Sent > Items"...

Table Design Issue
I have a database the has a Parts Table and a Vendors Table. what needs to happen is i need a form that will allow someon to view all the information about that parts itself and the vendors that supply the part but every part is available by all 5 vendors for different cost, and i need to construct tables that when part information is undated or deleted it will reflect across the board and on the form itself be able to see the vendor name and the part information for that vendor. what type of relationships will be involved here Answered in tablesdbdesign. ...

Outlook 2003 New Install Config Issues.
Hi, I've just had my PC reimaged and Outlook 2003 reinstalled. My PST file has been imported and my mail is where it sholud me. Problems is the veiws had changed from what i had before. For example, all folders now have gridlines between emails. I know how to remove these in customise view but is it possible to change the veiw for all folders at once or do i need to do each folder individually? Cheers, D "moox7" <moox7@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:28b14a58-eee6-46c2-ad29-909e710ed2dd@r37g2000prr.googlegroups.com... > For example, all folders now have gridli...

Offline DB has corrupted, can't get back to main DB
Hi guys. We have a customer who suffered a powercut earlier today. When the power came back up, the offline databases kicked in for a while until a connection with the server returned. On one till the offline database was fine but when the connection to the server was restored, it wouldn't sync. It can be connected to manually in Store Adminstrator, but when we try to run a Check on it, it comes back with an error saying it's been found suspect and can't be opened. There's obviously something going on in the system that says before the main online database can be r...

Does Windows 7 suck as much as Vista?
I no longer trust Microsoft. Vista was a fuc job. The people that tested Vista told Microsoft it wasn't ready for release, but they released it anyway. long time windows user wrote: > I no longer trust Microsoft. Vista was a fuc job. The people that > tested Vista told Microsoft it wasn't ready for release, but they > released it anyway. Try Ubuntu. Get it free at http://www.ubuntu.com/ -- Alias "long time windows user" <anewton611@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c47d6dc6-df42-4792-a98a-f352c3ce1299@34g2000yqp.googlegroups.com... >...

How do I compare a list of Lotto winning numbers to my ticket?
I have a list of lotto winning numbers in excel such as: row column a 1 11-12-13-14-15-16-17 2 18-19-20-25-29-30-34 3 25-26-27-28-29-30-40 each one of these is in its own cell on a separate row but in the same column. I wan to compare to my ticket which is in the same form e.g.: 20-30-40-50-60-70 is there a way of having excel go through the cells, find the numbers that match any number in my ticket and then copy them to another column in the same row as the original result numbers? the idea is that excel would find any number in a particular cell matching any of ...

Registry issue
I've been developing a Service in VB.NET. I set the serivce up to run under the NETWORK_SERVICE account. I need to store several parameters for the service to load on start from the registry. I tried to create a new subkey in the service's ket that is created at install time, i.e., HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MyService. My idea was to create a subkey called Parameters (like the Windows Time service does) and store my data there. But I cannot even open that key - it always returns Nothing - then I get an error missing parameter if I try to create it. So I figure...

MFC Dlls between VS 6, and VS 7.1
Hi there, quick question about MFC dlls. If I compile a simple "hello world" app in Visual C++ 6, and I type in at the command prompt: dumpbin /dependents hello.exe I get a list of the DLLs that hello.exe depends on: MFC42.DLL MSVCRT.dll KERNEL32.dll USER32.dll GDI32.dll COMCTL32.dll OLEAUT32.dll I do not have visual studio.net installed on my machine (yet). Could someone compile a simple MFC hello world app using VS 7.1 and see what DLLs it depends on using dumpbin? I'm asking because I know my clients only have MFC42.dll on their machines and I...

Weird Issues!
Hi All, I am facing a rather perculiar problem. I recently added and Exchange 2003 server to an existing 5.5 environment. I followed the checklisted install for the Exchange Server 2003 for a new installation into a Exchange 5.5 environment. Upon the completed installation and migration the Exchange 2003 server asked if I wanted to delete the connectors and I chose yes. I then removed the Exchange 5.5 server from the network. Now the Exchange 2003 server is sending and recieving internal mail just fine and also recieving External mail fine to all the clients......But it is not sending...

Possible to ALPHA-BLEND window FRAME?
Is it possible to only alpha-blend portions of a window? for example, just the frame? Normally with SetLayeredWindowAttributes() the whole window has a constant alpha value, not very useful. UpdateLayeredWindow() supports per pixel alpha-blending, but that function too is not very useful for top level windows with child controls, as you would need to re-direct all the painting to an offscreen DC which is not very practical since you would have to re-write large portions of code and for some controls, I dont have the code obviously, so its not even possible. WindowsBlinds seems to be ab...

Exchange 2007/spam/windows mobile
I have just installed Exchange Server 2007 and have moved a couple of mailboxes over to it for testing. I am using the Anti-spam built into EX2007. When a mailbox receives spam, it goes to the Junk Mail folder in Outlook, but it is hitting the Inbox first. I have a Windows Mobile device setup to sync to the Inbox (I checked to make sure that the Junk Email folder is not selected and it is not). I have 2 different problems, but I believe they both are related. The first... when the spam message hit my mailbox, they are first hitting my inbox real quick and then being moved the Junk ...

Saving Window Sizes
I use multiple Windows in running Outlook 2000. I clicked on Exit and Log off and when I ran Outlook 2000 again, the multiple windows and size reappeared. In Windows XP, I set up the multiple windows, close, but only the one window appears. The extra windows do not appear nor are the sizes the same. Has this changes from 2000 to XP? thxs srm Outlook 2002 has changed slightly, use File > Exit (which didn't work on Outlook 2000) "srm" <srm@primatech.com> wrote in message news:%23eGP$A2WDHA.608@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I use multiple Windows in running Outlook ...

Go offline problems
If I try to go offline, the process brakes down during the Accountsync. I can't cancel the process and have to reload Outlook. Now, I get the message "The Microsoft CRM server is unavailable. Would you like to work offline with previously synchronized data?" I have to click on yes and the client goes offline with the last synchronisation. After a restart I can go online again. Have anybody a suggestion? All, Verify that the CRM User you are logged in as has create, read, write, append and append to privileges. There is the potential that someone assigned an account to y...

Bookmark Issue
Hi, I had this working perfectly a while ago, and I've made some change and now its not working. After my mainform went to the same record as my unbound subform, my subform would stay on its selected record. Now it goes way back to the 1st record, very annoying for a list thats 300 records long. Can anyone advise how to fix this? Cheers, Sub Form_Click() Dim rs As DAO.Recordset If Me.Parent.Dirty Then Me.Parent.Dirty = False End If 'Search in the clone set. Set rs = Me.RecordsetClone Set rs1 = Me.Parent...

problem with offline capabilities of Microsoft CRM 3.0
I have a problem with offline capabilities of Microsoft CRM 3.0. I defined 2 customized entities in the system, both connected to "Opportunity" entity in parental relationship. I defined in "Local Data" the same query for both entities but only one in downloaded while going offline. the query is "Parent Downloaded equals true " OR " Owner equals Current user" . There is no connection between the customized entities. What can be the reason for this situation? I'd check the definition of each entity; they may or may not have a parent (defi...

Offline address list
What AD attributes make up the OAB? Attributes don't make up the OAB. The oab is filtered copy of the global address list. Each object in the gal (mail-enalbed object, contact, dl, etc) will be comprised of 40+ viewable attributes that are stamped on each object that you can look at (Display Name, Phone Number, etc). If you want to view all of the attributes that are stamped on a object in the global address list, you can download a copy of OABInteg and run the following command line switches: oabinteg /s:exchsrvrname /t:[ getabinfo_v2 or getabinfo_v3 or getabinfo_v4 ] /l /v:2 ...

How do you reset windows size to default?
How do you reset windows explorer size to default? I mean the size of the windows explorer right after you installed Windows, and you have not resized it. On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 02:05:43 -0700, Peter <peter@nomorenewspamin.ca> wrote: How do you reset windows explorer size to default? I mean the size of the windows explorer right after you installed Windows, and you have not resized it. Hi Peter Den 07.04.2010 kl. 12:55 skrev Peter <peter@nomorenewspamin.ca>: > On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 02:05:43 -0700, Peter <peter@nomorenewspamin.ca> > wrote: > > H...

IE 8 Problems on Windows 7 64 bit
I am running Win7 64bit on an ASUS P6TD with 12GB of RAM IE 8 (32 bit) was installed by the default install from the Win7 DVD I am having very unusual problems in that every new tab that I open results in a new instance of iexplore.exe *32 as shown by the task manager. Whats is worse is that the instances never close. When I do close (either a tab or the entire IE8 app) the task manager shows that all of the instances stay active in memory. And random occurances of a message box appears that says "A tab has been recovered" Sometimes if I had been viewing a video that...

Windows 7: Vertical dotted lines in Explorer?
Hello, is there any way to make the vertical dotted lines connecting the folders/directories in the left-hand Explorer bar visible? The functionality must be present in Windows 7, as seen in regedit: http://www.unawave.de/medien/Windows-7/Tipps/Registry-Key-0CD7A5C0-9F37-11CE-AE65-08002B2E1262.png http://www.unawave.de/windows-7-tipps/zip-ordner.html Is there such a secret setting somewhere inside Windows? TIA Karsten PS: Is there a Windows 7 NG anywhere? Karsten Wutzke <kwutzke@web.de> wrote: >PS: Is there a Windows 7 NG anywhere? The MS web forums, where t...

Tasks in Calender Window
Is there any way to have my tasks display in the calender view just as my appointments do? thanks. In Outlok 2003, select the following from the menu: View | Arrange By | current view | day/week/month with autopreview "Sharif T. Karim" <shariftk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1160003510.747053.317010@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > Is there any way to have my tasks display in the calender view just as > my appointments do? thanks. > Not quite relevant ZootRot as that makes the Notes Field show for Calendar Items but has nothing to do with Tasks. To sho...

Printing issue
Version: 2004 Operating System: Older version Arbitrarily whenever I print an Entourage message, the body of the message is now about quadruple line spaced. The message looks fine when I open it up but adds the line spacing when I go to print. A short 7 or 8 line message can now take 2-3 pages to print. Absolute waste of paper and can be very difficult to read! I didn't change any settings. This just 'happened'. But there must be something I can do to get it to print concisely. Thank you. ...

rounding issues
I have a simple formula to multiple a cell with another and subtract from another:=IF(K14<0,K14,IF(K17<K16,K14-K17*K15,K14-(K17*K15))) . I also have the cell set for currency and two decimals over. The calculations are automatically rounded up to the nearest $$. how can I keep that from happening? cheers Day First, unless you have the "Precision as displayed" checkbox checked in Tools/Options/Calculations, the value displayed has only a tenuous relationship to the value stored. So you should just be able to specify two decimals in the number format of your target ce...

scroll bar doen't work smoothly under windows XP theme
I created an application which has horizontal and vertical scroll bar . Both of them wrok correctly under windows classic theme but if I change the theme to windows XP the horizontal scroll bar does'nt work correctly. The exact problem is the scroll works for the first time i scroll then if i again scroll it does'nt move at all and nothing works on the appllication .I need to open any other appllication and close it for the scroll to work again correctly. ...

scrolling window line change problem
I have a scrolling window that I use to update certain values. I use the LineChange script to update the underlying table (a physical temp table). When the user is finished making changes, they click the "Save" button in the parent window and I step through the temp table records and update the main table. This works fine except for the last line they are updating (or if there is only one line). When they click the "Save" the LineChange has not been involked, so the temp table update does not happen. Is there a way to programmatically run the LineChange script ...

is there a way to convert a string (containing a number) into a 64bit integer variable?
hi, My string (a CString) contains a minimum free disk space as follow "1099511627776" and the method to get the free disk space gives 64 bits int. So I want to convert my string into a 64 bits int so I can compare the 2 values. I used to use atoi, but I don't know if it supports 64 bits int (I guess not). What would be the best way to do what I want? I found _strtoi64, but how do I use this thing? what is the 2nd parameter supposed to do? thanks ThunderMusic ThunderMusic wrote: >hi, > My string (a CString) contains a minimum free disk space as follow >&...