(for later spam) and different password rules.

0
TMA
5/5/2010 6:06:25 PM
windows.64bit.general 524 articles. 1 followers. Follow

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Online Communities
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 12:26:53 -0700 (UTC)
From: nntp@microsoft.com
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general

Date 5/4/2010
Starting in early summer 2010, Microsoft will begin progressively
closing down the Microsoft public newsgroups to enrich conversations in
the rapidly-growing forum platform.  This decision is in response to
worldwide market trends and evolving customer needs.

Microsoft continues to invest in forums to reduce customer effort,
consolidate community venues and make it easier for active contributors
to retain their influence. Forums provide a healthy community
environment with less spam and make answers easier to find by customers
and search engines.  Additionally, forums offer a better user and
off-topic management platform that will improve customer satisfaction by
facilitating discussions in a clean space.

We understand that some newsgroups are still active, and important to
the community.  In the coming days and weeks, we will be rolling out
tools and resources to minimize disruption to the community discussions.

We are working diligently on providing additional resources and
information in local languages later this week.  In the meantime, please
refer to the official Microsoft Newsgroup website
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx concerning
this issue.  The Microsoft Newsgroup website will be made available in
additional languages in the next few days.

On 2010-05-05 14:06, TMA wrote:
> ?????
>
> Why doesn't M$ just create another room HERE for Windows 7 like they
> always did to their new OS'es?
>
> I don't know about you guys, but I'm TIRED of signing up to hundreds and
> hundreds of badly designed web forums. Each one requiring my e-mail
> address (for later spam) and different password rules.
0
Bobby
5/5/2010 6:14:56 PM
> Starting in early summer 2010, Microsoft will begin progressively closing
> down the Microsoft public newsgroups to enrich conversations in the
> rapidly-growing forum platform.  This decision is in response to worldwide
> market trends and evolving customer needs.

Yeah, and how about letting the users decide which one to use in opposition
to dictate what worldwide market trends responds?
Why simply discontinue this useful tool and migrate all the effords to the
annoying web format?

> Microsoft continues to invest in forums to reduce customer effort,
> consolidate community venues and make it easier for active contributors to
> retain their influence. Forums provide a healthy community environment
> with less spam and make answers easier to find by customers and search
> engines.  Additionally, forums offer a better user and off-topic
> management platform that will improve customer satisfaction by
> facilitating discussions in a clean space.

I don't know where you guys are looking .... "less spam" ?????  Spam is all
over the web and publishing technical IT questions on "search engines" like
google and bing will attract even more spammers and viewers and consequently
off-topic issues. Newsgroup clients don't have commercial banners, don't
spread my email address all over the place, are pretty direct and mostly
used by people with "some" level of knowledge of what he's doing. And that's
why I like to use it instead of web forums and that's why M$ doesn't want me
to do so. That's my own opinion, but it pretty much makes sense, doesn't it?

> We are working diligently on providing additional resources and
> information in local languages later this week.  In the meantime, please
> refer to the official Microsoft Newsgroup website
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx concerning
> this issue.  The Microsoft Newsgroup website will be made available in
> additional languages in the next few days.

M$ is a multinational company and its priorities are obviously focused on
the money making. I don't really have a problem with that, but I want to
protest against some of these decisions.

That's all a pity is all I can say. I consider this one sided decision as an
strategic mistake because all it does is to promote the growth of the
competitors (read Apple and Linux communities). Web based forums must exist,
of course, but there also should be options where your questions won't be
just mixed with 300 million others, and in my opinion THIS should be the
place. I am not familiar with Apple, but Linux is pretty easy with that as
they maintein public irc rooms where sometimes you can even talk to the
developers of the main modules/apps of their FREE releases. This couldn't be
any more efficient.

0
TMA
5/5/2010 7:13:16 PM
On 05/05/2010 in message <eTgGy2H7KHA.356@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl> TMA wrote:

>Why doesn't M$ just create another room HERE for Windows 7 like they
>always did to their new OS'es?

MSFT doesn't like Usenet because it can't control it.

alt.windows7.general is an active group with nearly 16,000 posts. I guess
that will be the way to go for those of use who find Usenet far superior
to web based forums.

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
There are 3 types of people in this world. Those who can count, and those

On 2010-05-05 15:13, TMA wrote:
>> Starting in early summer 2010, Microsoft will begin progressively
>> closing down the Microsoft public newsgroups to enrich conversations
>> in the rapidly-growing forum platform. This decision is in response to
>> worldwide market trends and evolving customer needs.
>
> Yeah, and how about letting the users decide which one to use in
> opposition to dictate what worldwide market trends responds?
> Why simply discontinue this useful tool and migrate all the effords to
> the annoying web format?
>
>> Microsoft continues to invest in forums to reduce customer effort,
>> consolidate community venues and make it easier for active
>> contributors to retain their influence. Forums provide a healthy
>> community environment with less spam and make answers easier to find
>> by customers and search engines. Additionally, forums offer a better
>> user and off-topic management platform that will improve customer
>> satisfaction by facilitating discussions in a clean space.
>
> I don't know where you guys are looking .... "less spam" ????? Spam is
> all over the web and publishing technical IT questions on "search
> engines" like google and bing will attract even more spammers and
> viewers and consequently off-topic issues. Newsgroup clients don't have
> commercial banners, don't spread my email address all over the place,
> are pretty direct and mostly used by people with "some" level of
> knowledge of what he's doing. And that's why I like to use it instead of
> web forums and that's why M$ doesn't want me to do so. That's my own
> opinion, but it pretty much makes sense, doesn't it?
>
>> We are working diligently on providing additional resources and
>> information in local languages later this week. In the meantime,
>> please refer to the official Microsoft Newsgroup website
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx
>> concerning this issue. The Microsoft Newsgroup website will be made
>> available in additional languages in the next few days.
>
> M$ is a multinational company and its priorities are obviously focused
> on the money making. I don't really have a problem with that, but I want
> to protest against some of these decisions.
>
> That's all a pity is all I can say. I consider this one sided decision
> as an strategic mistake because all it does is to promote the growth of
> the competitors (read Apple and Linux communities). Web based forums
> must exist, of course, but there also should be options where your
> questions won't be just mixed with 300 million others, and in my opinion
> THIS should be the place. I am not familiar with Apple, but Linux is
> pretty easy with that as they maintein public irc rooms where sometimes
> you can even talk to the developers of the main modules/apps of their
> FREE releases. This couldn't be any more efficient.
0
Bobby
5/5/2010 7:58:40 PM
The Win7 forum has always been at:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/w7itpro

"TMA" <tma@tmasoftwares.com> wrote in message
> ?????
>
> Why doesn't M$ just create another room HERE for Windows 7 like they
> always did to their new OS'es?
>
> I don't know about you guys, but I'm TIRED of signing up to hundreds and
> hundreds of badly designed web forums. Each one requiring my e-mail
> address (for later spam) and different password rules.

0
Jerry
5/5/2010 9:58:47 PM
On 05/05/2010 11:14 AM, Bobby Johnson wrote:
> [...]

Where will all the trolls go now?
0
gumby
5/5/2010 10:20:57 PM
Jeff,
I was "born" here, almost exactly 5 years ago, using the web interface.
Along time it's been my only NG/forum, and though I have occassionaly
flirted elsewhere, I always came back here.
This is where I am going to stay, this is "home".
Let's hope we are all here the day after.
:)
Carlos

On 5/5/2010 5:58 PM, Jerry wrote:
> The Win7 forum has always been at:
> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/w7itpro
>
> "TMA" <tma@tmasoftwares.com> wrote in message
>> ?????
>>
>> Why doesn't M$ just create another room HERE for Windows 7 like they
>> always did to their new OS'es?
>>
>> I don't know about you guys, but I'm TIRED of signing up to hundreds and
>> hundreds of badly designed web forums. Each one requiring my e-mail
>> address (for later spam) and different password rules.

I haven't found anything useful at the forums !!!
I've looked and looked and they only contain a few useless posts by
people with problems however Microsoft also isn't putting any of their
efforts to improving the forums themselves either.

Just my 2-cents.
0
James
5/6/2010 1:38:59 AM
On 06/05/2010 in message
<DCA76A6F-3CC1-4CD8-90D7-CC9458BF06B0@microsoft.com> Carlos wrote:

>I was "born" here, almost exactly 5 years ago, using the web interface.

Well that's certainly unusual Carlos :-)

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my hand.

"TMA" <tma@tmasoftwares.com> wrote in message
> ?????
>
> Why doesn't M$ just create another room HERE for Windows 7 like they
> always did to their new OS'es?
>
> I don't know about you guys, but I'm TIRED of signing up to hundreds and
> hundreds of badly designed web forums. Each one requiring my e-mail
> address (for later spam) and different password rules.

I'm with you. Yesterday, I tried navigating their site and it was the
biggest pain in the ass imaginable. One has to wade through a pile of crap
that you are not interested in just to get to the bits that are of interest.
Usenet as bad as it is is a 1000 times better than what Microsoft is
offering with their lousy interface and lack of control over what you see
and how you see it.

0
Bogey
5/6/2010 1:40:33 PM
On Thu, 6 May 2010 09:40:33 -0400, "Bogey Man" <spam@kwic.com> wrote:

>"TMA" <tma@tmasoftwares.com> wrote in message
>> ?????
>>
>> Why doesn't M$ just create another room HERE for Windows 7 like they
>> always did to their new OS'es?
>>
>> I don't know about you guys, but I'm TIRED of signing up to hundreds and
>> hundreds of badly designed web forums. Each one requiring my e-mail
>> address (for later spam) and different password rules.
>
>I'm with you. Yesterday, I tried navigating their site and it was the
>biggest pain in the ass imaginable. One has to wade through a pile of crap
>that you are not interested in just to get to the bits that are of interest.
>Usenet as bad as it is is a 1000 times better than what Microsoft is
>offering with their lousy interface and lack of control over what you see
>and how you see it.

Thumbs up on your comments. I hate the damned forum setup.
0
Antares
5/6/2010 2:31:54 PM
Blame the left-wing liberals that aren't happy with anything as it is!

On 2010-05-06 10:31, Antares 531 wrote:
> On Thu, 6 May 2010 09:40:33 -0400, "Bogey Man"<spam@kwic.com>  wrote:
>

>> "TMA"<tma@tmasoftwares.com>  wrote in message
>>> ?????
>>>
>>> Why doesn't M$ just create another room HERE for Windows 7 like they
>>> always did to their new OS'es?
>>>
>>> I don't know about you guys, but I'm TIRED of signing up to hundreds and
>>> hundreds of badly designed web forums. Each one requiring my e-mail
>>> address (for later spam) and different password rules.
>>
>> I'm with you. Yesterday, I tried navigating their site and it was the
>> biggest pain in the ass imaginable. One has to wade through a pile of crap
>> that you are not interested in just to get to the bits that are of interest.
>> Usenet as bad as it is is a 1000 times better than what Microsoft is
>> offering with their lousy interface and lack of control over what you see
>> and how you see it.
>>
> Thumbs up on your comments. I hate the damned forum setup.
0
Bobby
5/6/2010 2:39:24 PM
On Thu, 06 May 2010 10:39:24 -0400, Bobby Johnson
<rjohnson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Blame the left-wing liberals that aren't happy with anything as it is!

I was very well satisfied with the Usenet setup, but I sure DO NOT
like the forums.

>On 2010-05-06 10:31, Antares 531 wrote:
>> On Thu, 6 May 2010 09:40:33 -0400, "Bogey Man"<spam@kwic.com>  wrote:
>>

>>> "TMA"<tma@tmasoftwares.com>  wrote in message

>>> I'm with you. Yesterday, I tried navigating their site and it was the
>>> biggest pain in the ass imaginable. One has to wade through a pile of crap
>>> that you are not interested in just to get to the bits that are of interest.
>>> Usenet as bad as it is is a 1000 times better than what Microsoft is
>>> offering with their lousy interface and lack of control over what you see
>>> and how you see it.
>>>
>> Thumbs up on your comments. I hate the damned forum setup.
0
Antares
5/6/2010 3:42:55 PM
> Blame the left-wing liberals that aren't happy with anything as it is!

Programmers and computer users and IT geeks like me are never happy with
things as they are. That's why we configure, adapt, change, burn our brains
and spend our money on gadgets that we don't even need now or won't need
anymore in 6 to 12 months.
Does it make us all left-wing liberals?

0
TMA
5/7/2010 8:01:14 AM
"Jeff Gaines" <jgaines_newsid@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> On 05/05/2010 in message <eTgGy2H7KHA.356@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl> TMA wrote:
>
>>Why doesn't M$ just create another room HERE for Windows 7 like they
>>always did to their new OS'es?
>
> MSFT doesn't like Usenet because it can't control it.
>
> alt.windows7.general is an active group with nearly 16,000 posts. I guess
> that will be the way to go for those of use who find Usenet far superior
> to web based forums.
>
> --
> Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
> There are 3 types of people in this world. Those who can count, and those
> who can't.

 alt.windows7.general is full of whack jobs intent on flaming each other
over which OS is better.  Most of the time, there is much more noise than
useful information.  That being said, there is an occasional useful thread.

0
KCB
5/8/2010 1:17:56 AM
"Bobby Johnson" <rjohnson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Blame the left-wing liberals that aren't happy with anything as it is!

I thought everything was still GW's fault?!

0
KCB
5/8/2010 1:20:17 AM
"KCB" <bcgc_qc@hootmail.com> wrote:

> alt.windows7.general is full of whack jobs intent on flaming each
> other over which OS is better.

For those of use who use a newsreader with proper killfiling and
scoring capabilities those people don't exist and the newsgroup is a
useful one.

The Usenet Improvement Project:
XS11E
5/8/2010 9:18:48 PM
On 05/06/10 10:31, Antares 531 wrote:
> On Thu, 6 May 2010 09:40:33 -0400, "Bogey Man"<spam@kwic.com>  wrote:
>

>> "TMA"<tma@tmasoftwares.com>  wrote in message
>>> ?????
>>>
>>> Why doesn't M$ just create another room HERE for Windows 7 like they
>>> always did to their new OS'es?
>>>
>>> I don't know about you guys, but I'm TIRED of signing up to hundreds and
>>> hundreds of badly designed web forums. Each one requiring my e-mail
>>> address (for later spam) and different password rules.
>>
>> I'm with you. Yesterday, I tried navigating their site and it was the
>> biggest pain in the ass imaginable. One has to wade through a pile of crap
>> that you are not interested in just to get to the bits that are of interest.
>> Usenet as bad as it is is a 1000 times better than what Microsoft is
>> offering with their lousy interface and lack of control over what you see
>> and how you see it.
>>
> Thumbs up on your comments. I hate the damned forum setup.

MSFT *can* change things, you know, maybe even *improve* them. (not
holding my breath, BTW)

People just don't like change.

0
Tony
5/18/2010 3:20:10 AM
On 05/06/10 10:39, Bobby Johnson wrote:
> Blame the left-wing liberals that aren't happy with anything as it is!

ROTFLMAO - now *that's* funny!
0
Tony
5/18/2010 3:20:58 AM
On 05/07/10 21:20, KCB wrote:

> "Bobby Johnson" <rjohnson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Blame the left-wing liberals that aren't happy with anything as it is!
>
> I thought everything was still GW's fault?!

Nah, Bill Clinton's.
0
Tony
5/18/2010 3:21:44 AM
"TMA" <tma@tmasoftwares.com> wrote in message
>> Blame the left-wing liberals that aren't happy with anything as it is!
>
> Programmers and computer users and IT geeks like me are never happy with
> things as they are. That's why we configure, adapt, change, burn our
> brains and spend our money on gadgets that we don't even need now or won't
> need anymore in 6 to 12 months.
> Does it make us all left-wing liberals?

If your making life a PITA for all the rest of us?

Damn straight, Tex.

=\8-D

0
Graystar
7/7/2010 12:07:18 AM
"Tony Harding" <tharding@newsguy.com> wrote in message
> On 05/06/10 10:39, Bobby Johnson wrote:
>> Blame the left-wing liberals that aren't happy with anything as it is!
>
> ROTFLMAO - now *that's* funny!

Not half as funny as Libs trying to be "logical".

0
Graystar
7/7/2010 12:08:34 AM
> On 05/06/10 10:31, Antares 531 wrote:
>> On Thu, 6 May 2010 09:40:33 -0400, "Bogey Man"<spam@kwic.com>  wrote:
>>

>>> "TMA"<tma@tmasoftwares.com>  wrote in message

>>> I'm with you. Yesterday, I tried navigating their site and it was the
>>> biggest pain in the ass imaginable. One has to wade through a pile of
>>> crap
>>> that you are not interested in just to get to the bits that are of
>>> interest.
>>> Usenet as bad as it is is a 1000 times better than what Microsoft is
>>> offering with their lousy interface and lack of control over what you
>>> see
>>> and how you see it.
>>>
>> Thumbs up on your comments. I hate the damned forum setup.
>
> MSFT *can* change things, you know, maybe even *improve* them. (not
> holding my breath, BTW)
>
> People just don't like change.

That's because they know that "change for change sake... is STUPID!" and can
be down right fatal.

0
Graystar
7/7/2010 12:09:31 AM
"XS11E" <xs11e@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
> "KCB" <bcgc_qc@hootmail.com> wrote:
>
>> alt.windows7.general is full of whack jobs intent on flaming each
>> other over which OS is better.
>
> For those of use who use a newsreader with proper killfiling and
> scoring capabilities those people don't exist and the newsgroup is a
> useful one.

> The Usenet Improvement Project:
> http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org/

On that observation <above> all intelligent IT techs should be able to
agree.
Usenet is very useful for techs trying to solve problems and sharing info
[text or binary].

Graystar

0
Graystar
7/7/2010 12:12:00 AM
"gumby" <gumby@here.com> wrote in message
> On 05/05/2010 11:14 AM, Bobby Johnson wrote:

They will become the new Nigerian scam phishers for fools.
<grin>

0
Graystar
7/7/2010 12:13:48 AM
<snipped>

Graystar wrote:
> If your making life a PITA for all the rest of us?
>
> Damn straight, Tex.

A full month later you respond to almost every one of the threads in this
conversation...
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general/browse_frm/thread/836f9f437998c15c/

*sigh*

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP

Shenan
7/7/2010 1:48:28 AM
Shenan Stanley wrote:

> <snipped>
>
> Graystar wrote:
> > If your making life a PITA for all the rest of us?
> >
> > Damn straight, Tex.
>
> A full month later you respond to almost every one of the threads in
> this conversation...

And your point is what exactly?

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general/browse_frm/thread/836f9f437998c15c/

WTF would you post a Google Groups link to the very thread we're in?

--
Steve Foster
For SSL Certificates, Domains, etc, visit.:

Steve Foster wrote:
> And your point is what exactly?
>
> WTF would you post a Google Groups link to the very thread we're in?

Oh - you are one of those.  I respond to you elsewhere pointing out
something and you make it your goal to respond to me arbitrarily where ever
you can.

First question - I stated it already - it's quoted above.

Second question - I thought you would know this, but - not everyone accesses
this posting in the same manner.  Some people will not see anything but a
bunch of responses from "Graystar", they will not see the original postings
at all if they are using a news reader with settings that would have
expired/gotten rid of the older postings and/or their news server they
utilize expired them already and/or if the web forum that leeched them from
the news servers missed them/didn't synch them/etc.

The Google Groups version shows everything - in TREE view with timestamps
and such - making up for any deficits in peoples perception/software/server
choice/etc.

Not to mention I snipped it - so the link also again makes sure someone
could see everything above that - despite any deficits in their method of
viewing this conversation.

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP

> <snipped>
>
> Graystar wrote:
>> If your making life a PITA for all the rest of us?
>>
>> Damn straight, Tex.
>
> A full month later you respond to almost every one of the threads in this
> conversation...
> http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general/browse_frm/thread/836f9f437998c15c/
>
> *sigh*
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
>     MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

BFD.

That's what NGs are for, Mr Shenan MSRSPASPCA

0
Graystar
> <snipped>
>
> Graystar wrote:
>> If your making life a PITA for all the rest of us?
>>
>> Damn straight, Tex.
>
> Shenan Stanley wrote:
>> A full month later you respond to almost every one of the threads
>> in this conversation...
>> http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general/browse_frm/thread/836f9f437998c15c/
>>
>> *sigh*
>
> Steve Foster wrote:
>> And your point is what exactly?
>>
>> WTF would you post a Google Groups link to the very thread we're in?
>
> Oh - you are one of those.  I respond to you elsewhere pointing out
> something and you make it your goal to respond to me arbitrarily where
> ever you can.

[big whiney diatribe of the obvious SNIPPED]
> --
> Shenan Stanley
>     MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Hey Mr Network NAZI!

The fault lies with your Google TREE view.
If they can't follow an extended conversation over a longer period, then
they are worthless to just about everyone.

More specifically, I DID quote the original post, so your argument is
illogical.
People can read the original and the response.  DILLIGAF if it is delayed.
We all don't LIVE on YOUR time scale.
We are out here WORKING in the REAL WORLD.

You should try that first and thinking first before you shoot your whiney
little mouth off.
Capishe!

0
Graystar
7/7/2010 11:10:02 PM
Shenan Stanley wrote:

> <snipped>
>
> Graystar wrote:
> > If your making life a PITA for all the rest of us?
> >
> > Damn straight, Tex.
>
> Shenan Stanley wrote:
> > A full month later you respond to almost every one of the threads
> > in this conversation...

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general/browse_frm/thread/836f9f437998c15c/

> > *sigh*
>
> Steve Foster wrote:
> > And your point is what exactly?
> >
> > WTF would you post a Google Groups link to the very thread we're in?
>
> Oh - you are one of those.  I respond to you elsewhere pointing out
> something and you make it your goal to respond to me arbitrarily
> where ever you can.

You're *not* that important.

It was simply the apparent pointlessness of your response here, which
for an MVP seemed disappointing (though not as much of a surprise as it
would have been 5 years ago). And I happened to be in a frivolous mood.

--
Steve Foster
For SSL Certificates, Domains, etc, visit.:
https://netshop.virtual-isp.net
0
Steve
7/7/2010 11:29:44 PM
Graystar wrote:
> BFD.
>
> That's what NGs are for, Mr Shenan MSRSPASPCA

Pretty much sums up you in a nutshell as far as I am concerned.

*shrug*  Each their own.

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Shenan
7/8/2010 1:53:29 AM
Graystar wrote:
> Hey Mr Network NAZI!
>
> The fault lies with your Google TREE view.
> If they can't follow an extended conversation over a longer period,
> then they are worthless to just about everyone.
>
> More specifically, I DID quote the original post, so your argument
> is illogical.
> People can read the original and the response.  DILLIGAF if it is
> delayed. We all don't LIVE on YOUR time scale.
> We are out here WORKING in the REAL WORLD.
>
> You should try that first and thinking first before you shoot your
> whiney little mouth off.
> Capishe!

Wow - touchy.  Must be 12.

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Shenan
> Graystar wrote:
>> BFD.
>>
>> That's what NGs are for, Mr Shenan MSRSPASPCA
>
> Pretty much sums up you in a nutshell as far as I am concerned.
>
> *shrug*  Each their own.
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
>     MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

That's the best you can do? a middle school "I know you are but what am I"
reply?

You, Mr. Shenan, are a ludite fool.

0
Graystar
> Graystar wrote:
>> Hey Mr Network NAZI!
>>
>> The fault lies with your Google TREE view.
>> If they can't follow an extended conversation over a longer period,
>> then they are worthless to just about everyone.
>>
>> More specifically, I DID quote the original post, so your argument
>> is illogical.
>> People can read the original and the response.  DILLIGAF if it is
>> delayed. We all don't LIVE on YOUR time scale.
>> We are out here WORKING in the REAL WORLD.
>>
>> You should try that first and thinking first before you shoot your
>> whiney little mouth off.
>> Capishe!
>
> Wow - touchy.  Must be 12.
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
>     MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

As you say... then I reply "Yep, You are 12.  12 flavors of fool".

You don't know how to ask questions the right way so you have to put a link
at the bottom of your posts just to imply you are smart.
There is nothing smart about you except for your ass, you are a fricken
TROLL!

0
Graystar
7/10/2010 3:51:32 PM
Graystar wrote:
> As you say... then I reply "Yep, You are 12.  12 flavors of fool".
>
> You don't know how to ask questions the right way so you have to
> put a link at the bottom of your posts just to imply you are smart.
> There is nothing smart about you except for your ass, you are a
> fricken TROLL!

I cannot help but laugh when you post.

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Shenan
7/10/2010 4:04:52 PM
Graystar wrote:
> You, Mr. Shenan, are a ludite fool.

Again - I cannot help but laugh when you post.

If you are going to attempt to post beyond your limits - please do it more
carefully in the future.  It won't be as funny, but perhaps that is because
your point will be taken more seriously.

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Shenan
> Graystar wrote:
>> You, Mr. Shenan, are a ludite fool.
>
> Again - I cannot help but laugh when you post.
>
> If you are going to attempt to post beyond your limits - please do it more
> carefully in the future.  It won't be as funny, but perhaps that is
> because your point will be taken more seriously.
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
>     MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

It is clear that newsgroup benefits are beyond your limits since you
advocate their uselessness and elimination.
I cannot help but chuckle at your single minded arrogant belief that you are
superior in your stance.

We call those like you "Network Nazis" because that is how they behave both
in behavior and attitude.

While those not paying attention don't see it, it is you and your kind that
are murdering the newsgroups,
because you are a jerk. But you already know that because you live under a
bridge.  TROLL.

0
Graystar
> Graystar wrote:
>> As you say... then I reply "Yep, You are 12.  12 flavors of fool".
>>
>> You don't know how to ask questions the right way so you have to
>> put a link at the bottom of your posts just to imply you are smart.
>> There is nothing smart about you except for your ass, you are a
>> fricken TROLL!
>
> I cannot help but laugh when you post.
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
>     MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Quite right.  It is all your bit-brain can handle. U Troll.
0
Graystar
7/10/2010 10:34:31 PM
Graystar wrote:
> Quite right.  It is all your bit-brain can handle. U Troll.

I will just refer you to what will be my last response in this thread - the
next one to your longer response.

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Shenan
7/10/2010 10:46:11 PM
Graystar wrote:
> It is clear that newsgroup benefits are beyond your limits since you
> advocate their uselessness and elimination.
> I cannot help but chuckle at your single minded arrogant belief
> that you are superior in your stance.
>
> We call those like you "Network Nazis" because that is how they
> behave both in behavior and attitude.
>
> While those not paying attention don't see it, it is you and your
> kind that are murdering the newsgroups,
> because you are a jerk. But you already know that because you live
> under a bridge.  TROLL.

Troll.  Look it up.

If anyone would be defined as a troll for the newsgroups, this conversation
in particular, it would be you.

You came up a month after the conversation had ended and stirred the empty
pot.  I called you on it and you continue to pop your head out to defend
your stance even though I have not attacked this newsgroup or what you seem
to believe you are now defending.  I merely commented that you responded to
a clearly dead thread with no useful comments and only attacks and generally
obscene (to some) comments.  You continued it from there - it didn't take
much prodding - you wanted to argue thus why you stirred the pot in the
first place.

Sometiumes it is fun to participate in conversations like this - but the
novelty of your ignorance has worn off.  I bid you a good life.

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Shenan
> <snipped>
>
> Graystar wrote:
>> If your making life a PITA for all the rest of us?
>>
>> Damn straight, Tex.
>
> A full month later you respond to almost every one of the threads in this
> conversation...
> http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general/browse_frm/thread/836f9f437998c15c/
>
> *sigh*
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
>     MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

REMEMBER it is YOU who is the TROLL here

It is a dull surpise that you have turned about-face from your voiced
opinion of Jun 3rd 2010

On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 21:20:14 -0500, "Shenan Stanley" wrote:

"We're free-thinkers who don't particularly like web boards or censorship,
otherwise called "moderation".
http://us.generation-nt.com/so-group-dead-help-198730591.html

It is quite apparent that "free thinking" doesn't not include a very large
bandwidth for You.

You apparently have infinite time and energy to waste playing network Nazi
since I directed no replies initially to you,
Mr. Buttinski.  I didn't address any of my posts to YOU and you vacuous
replies are a complete waste of time.
Since you want to aggrandize yourself, you can do so without my help.  You
are Killfiled.

But go right ahead picking expressly pointless fights with people you don't
even know.
Maybe they <Microsoft> will write a song about you while mopping you off the
floor,
as they did in the song "LeRoy Brown", after you have met a similar fate.

PLONK

0
Graystar
> Graystar wrote:
>> It is clear that newsgroup benefits are beyond your limits since you
>> advocate their uselessness and elimination.
>> I cannot help but chuckle at your single minded arrogant belief
>> that you are superior in your stance.
>>
>> We call those like you "Network Nazis" because that is how they
>> behave both in behavior and attitude.
>>
>> While those not paying attention don't see it, it is you and your
>> kind that are murdering the newsgroups,
>> because you are a jerk. But you already know that because you live
>> under a bridge.  TROLL.
>
> Troll.  Look it up.
>
> If anyone would be defined as a troll for the newsgroups, this
> conversation in particular, it would be you.

You look it up and remind yourself.  People who reply to older posts are not
trolls, bud.
People who post to deliberately pick a fight are.
YOU did that.  Not me.  That is why others posted to you asking why you did
that.
The thread is clear. The provocatuer is clear.
It is YOU since I did not direct any comment to you that would require your
response.

> You came up a month after the conversation had ended and stirred the empty
> pot.

There was NO pot to Stir!
Apparantly You thought this an opportunity to 'bring out your inner Troll'
since the "troll post" as you define it was already there.

>  I called you on it and you continue to pop your head out to defend your
> stance even though I have not attacked this newsgroup or what you seem to
> believe you are now defending.

Too bad you haven't "popped your head out" of your dark place to realize how
NGs work.
much and can't deal with others who reply to posts you don't happen to
fancy.

>  I merely commented that you responded to a clearly dead thread
> with no useful comments and only attacks and generally obscene (to some)
> comments.

Poppycock.  Threads do not die unless they are over six months old and even
then can start up again depending on circumstances and current events... OR
unless there is a sensible NG Moderator who correctly IDs a TROLL and blocks
them from the NG.
You became a TROLL when you attacked me.
My posts are and were harmless until you got involved.
Check it.
The tone and purpose changed once you started throwing your superior monkey
dreck at me.
I don't have to take that and I won't.

>  You continued it from there - it didn't take much prodding - you wanted
> to argue thus why you stirred the pot in the first place.

Ridiculous! and not thought through very well...!
First, you admit you "prodded"... Troll!
Second, you ASSUMED that I was arguing in my primary replies.  WRONG!
Third, YOU stirred the <alleged> "pot" when you attacked me.
Deal with your OWN fault Troll.  Face it...it was you who FUBARed my
harmless posts.

Unlike you, some of us work for a living and work hard all day,
not screwing around giving ersatz "advice" to people with computer
questions.
I don't need a putz like you trying aggressively enforce your opinions on my
as whatever it is you think you are.
Yeah, Free Speech it is... and you just threw verbal accelerators on what
was not even a fire... and you lit the match.
Congratulations.

> Sometiumes it is fun to participate in conversations like this - but the
> novelty of your ignorance has worn off.  I bid you a good life.
> --
> Shenan Stanley
>     MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

The above statement of yours illustrates your repeated baiting attack and
that you have lost the argument.
I can turn your statement right around on you and paraphrase:
<spelling corrected>:

'The novelty of your arrogance has worn off.  May you reap what you sow..

0
Graystar

Threads #7
I was wondering if someone could tell me how to implement a couple of threads. I have an MFC application which launches a Command line application using 4 different commandline arguments. This works fine using CreateProcess, but I also want to update a progress bar to the amount of how long the command line application stays active. I created a thread to update the progress bar and it works, but I can't figure out how to update the progress bar at the same time that the exernal process is active. The program always waits until the process is complete before updating the progres...

HELP with Office 2004 not loading after installing Adobe Acrobat 7.
Hi, Word, Excel and Powerpoint won�t launch anymore after installing Adobe Acrobat 7. I checked on office/startup and the three folders are empty. All I get is window telling me that app couldn�t launch.. Error reporting. Is there a way to fix this? I don�t want to reinstall OSX. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office several times to no avail. Entourage launches fine. Thanks, AJ There are troubleshooting techniques linked from this page, work through them: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/ see General Troubleshooting and Troubleshooting for Office 2004 If they get to the splash sc...

Best book for learning MFC/VC 7.1 for developing rich GUI apps ?
Hi, I am a C/C++ developer of quite a few yesrs, although I am relatively new to Windows (Unix background). I am about to begin work on a project that would require me to develop several GUI rich frontend applications. I would like to hear from developers ou there if there is a book they would recommend, to help me hit the ground running - i.e. a book that is NOT an introductory text on programming/C++ but rather one that dives straight in and shows how to create front ends (possibly widgets etc) - using the VC IDE, one that covers all I need to know about MFC to start working on a re...

80070490 Error: Windows update encountered an unknown error 03-04-10
3 security updates will not complete (now 4). Error Code 80070490 02-Mar-10 I am unable to do these three security updates: KB970238(release date 6/9/09), KB97451(release date 10/13/09), KB954155(release date 10/13/09), & KB975517(release date 10/13/09). The last succesful update was KB9937286 on 2/27/2010 I have a Compaq Presario PC: SR5214X. OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002 OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Compaq-Presario System Model GV441AA-ABA SR5214X System Type X86-based PC ...

Won't go to link
Firefox 2.0 & Outlook 2003 When I have a link in an email to a certain website it does not go there when I click on it. I assume this is a setting in Firefox or Outlook. Help please. Thanks... Bob Bob Newman <bobnewman@cox.net> wrote: > Firefox 2.0 & Outlook 2003 > > When I have a link in an email to a certain website it does not go > there when I click on it. I assume this is a setting in Firefox or > Outlook. See if something here helps: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/firefox.htm -- Brian Tillman That is not it. I don't get any error messa...

limit create window/control max count?
Hi all. I am testing a create control. But I want create many control (more 10000) in dialog. I test dynamic create CButton. It's created about 9800. I want work. 1. have a two dialog.(A, B) 2. A dialog has 40 controls(Button, Spin, static). 3. B dialog has contain A dialog. A dialog is more than 200. 4. create A dialog dynamic.(Using A->Create(IDD, this)) and attach B dialog. A dialog is modaless. 5. But not create about 190. dialog create function return 0. thank for read. Have a nice day. You need to redesign your system, IMO. -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com...

A SQL error has occurred. Going off line with Outlook CRM 4.
I have seen this in multiple workstations. Running the diagnostics, does not report any errors, however removing the temprary data under advenced fixes the problem by deleting the content of the off line database. The problem with this fix is that it may take up to 12 hours for some of our overseas employees to do their initial off line. When is SP1 due? ...

BULK Conditional Formatting
I've read the posts on conditional formatting for cell colour based o another cell's value (eg. set the conditional formatting to "formul is" and then "=A1>0" and set the colour as red / blue / whatever...) however wondering if I can do this for an entire column withou individually changing the conditional formatting for each cell one b one (as there are over 400 rows). Basically I need a formula that reads the contents of column B for th particular row that is active. Can anyone help -- Rob Moyl ---------------------------------------------------------------...

Money 2007 H & B + Windows Vista
Hello, I have read a lot about problems with installing and using Money (2007) on machines running Windows Vista. Is there some kind of "manual" how to go about the install procedure? A manual that describes where to have the program installed installed and where to keep the data? And a manual that describes how to keep the rights as an administrator as you would normally have under windows XP? And maybe there are some other issues that I haven't thought about. Thanks, Eric "Eric" <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:468fe69d$0$37724$5fc3050@dre...

Bug with controls location and scrollbars in a Windows Form
Hi, I've noticed a bug with WinForm and scrollbars, and I would like to know if there is a workaround ... Bug description : ------------------------ 1) create a win form, and add 3 buttons : * FirstButton : upper left corner of the winform * SecondButton : location = (0 ; 600) * ThirdButton : location = (100, 600) 2) Set : ThirdButton.Visible = false 3) Set the Form size to 100 x 100 ... and set : AutoScroll = true 4) Add the following event handler to the Click event of FirstButton and SecondButton ... private vo...

Why does incoming mail go to Outlook Express not Outlook?
I recently transferred to NTL cable and have been using Outlook Express for a while without problems. I then recently obtained and installed Office XP Pro 2002. During installation, a prompt detected that Express was installed and I was asked if I wished to upgrade to Outlook and transfer all data. I accepted. Since then, my incoming mail still goes to Express only. My internet settings confirm that Outlook is now the default. When Express is opened, it states that Express is NOT the default. I ran "Test Settings" which continually failed until I entered my NTL password. It th...

Wrap to Window
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) In draft view, I'd like the text to wrap to the window size rather than the document's margins. Is this feature part of Word for Mac? It's easily done in the PC version. Thanks, Robin Hi Robin - Word> Preferences> View - check the box for Wrap text to window. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 4/12/08 10:20 AM, in article ee98414.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Robin@officeformac.com" <Robin@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > &g...

close all windows
is there any way to get access to close all the open windows usingVBA, without having to define all the open windows. many thanks michael Dim frm as FormFor each frm in Forms Docmd.Closenext frmOn Mar 20, 10:15 am, Wayne-I-M <Wayn...@discussions.microsoft.com>wrote:> DoCmd.Quit>> --> Wayne> Manchester, England.>>>> "michael goodall" wrote:> > is there any way to get access to close all the open windows using> > VBA, without having to define all the open windows. many thanks michael- Hide quoted text ->> - Show quoted text -...

how can i present a JPG in a window having cell with the path?
I build a catalog for coins collection with Excel. each row represents a coin (record). in two cells (fields) i have a path to both sides of the coin scanned as a JPG files in the specific directory. i would like the following scenario: when i stand on a specific row (any cell), the relevant images are presented in 2 big windows. when i move to another row, the image automatically changes etc. i would like also to control the size of the window. would appreciate your help, thanks, sam Hi Sam See if this gets you started: Insert an Image1 from the activex coltrols toolbox. S...

window client area...
Hi, After getting a pointer to the main window by using AfxGetMainWnd(), how to get the window's client area? I try CalcWindowRect() but it returns huge numbers that don't make sense. Please help. Thanks. Tony Try GetClientRect() -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "May Young" <tony@srac.com> wrote in message news:3FD6826E.1030603@srac.com... > Hi, > > After getting a pointer to the main window by using AfxGetMainWnd(), how > to get the window's client area? I try CalcWindowRect() but it returns >...

Migrating from Novell to Windows 2000 server causes issues with .PST on Win95/98
All: Hopefully someone has seen this before and can provide a clue. We are currently migrating all of our user home directories from Novell 5 servers to Windows 2000 servers. The majority of our clients are XP and Windows 2000 workstations using Outlook 2000. However, there are still a number of clients using Windows 95/98 and Outlook 98. After copying .PST files from the Novell home directory to the Windows 2000 home directory using a Windows XP workstation, users using the Windows 95/98 workstations get an 'access denied error' when attempting to open their .PST folder from the ...

Currency makes me go Grrrr
Dear all, How do I change the currency sign? To get UK pounds I changed my computer settings to UK, as I could not find it under format cells, currency....surely there must be a better way. I have spreadsheets with $ , � and would like to add Euros. Thanks, Danny On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 19:02:51 -0000, "Aardvark" <djurmann@hotmail.com> wrote: >Dear all, > >How do I change the currency sign? To get UK pounds I changed my computer >settings to UK, as I could not find it under format cells, >currency....surely there must be a better way. I have spreadsheets ...

skin window
hi, I create a skinnable window. But I have no way to make its menu visible. How do I fix it? thanks hi alan.... how did you make skinnable window? I create a region on a bitmap that is almost a rectangle, then use SetWindowRgn to attach the window. When handling the WM_ERASEBKGND, I bitblt the bitmap to the DC. That's my way. "zek" <zekixx@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eyt6D0NXDHA.2424@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > hi alan.... > > how did you make skinnable window? > > thanks alan.. "Alan Li" <activeperson@sina.com> wrote in ...

Moving Outlook account to another Windows log-in user account
I currently use 2 different Windows log-in User accounts, and have an email account I access on each of them, 1 for work and 1 for home. I did this because my work environment is wireless. I'm sick of switching back and forth between Windows user accounts to check work email vs. personal email. How do I transfer one Outlook email account to another Windows user account on the same computer. I'm sure I could just add an email account on one or the other, and delete it from the existing User Account, but I'd like to retain all of my existing folders and content. Then I...

Web hyperlinks: default browser and resulting browser window size?
Hi, Am using Excel 97 (I know it is old but I like it!) with Windows XP Pro (SP2). Have a series of web hyperlinks in a worksheet, that load the current chart for a specified chart, from Yahoo Finance. For example: http://chart.finance.yahoo.com/c/1y/c/tls.ax will load the chart for the Australian telco "Telstra". All the links work just fine but have two questions: 1) My default internet browser is Firefox but the links always open Internet Explorer. Is there a way to ensure that Firefox is used? 2) The loaded chart appears in a maximised IE window. Which is a bit silly as t...

Excell Version 7.0 (1985-1995)
So I've been quite content using this old version of Excel for some time. Now someone has sent me an .xls file that I can't open because my version is too old. I really don't want to spend $500 in software just to open this file. Is Excel 2000 still for sale? Or... What do I do? Thanx, Charlie Ask the originator of the file to save it in the xl5/xl95 format and resend it to you. If you just want to look at it, you can download the free viewer software at http://www.microsoft.com/office go to downloads. Regards, Tom Ogilvy Charlie <acscott@aol.com> wrote in message ...

11 Best Xyzu Wallpaper About Mountain at China.exe (7/7)
=ybegin part=7 line=128 size=1593929 name=11 Best Xyzu Wallpaper About Mountain at China.exe =ypart begin=1497601 end=1593929 �C[=@a=}�/��`�5Ҵ�b��,�'���r�?������/��3NV���q���w�3x��`A���7,$D2=J_SOfu�4p�"��Z&N�褜#-n���̷�@��r�/��5�QҬу��� I͠)?{7@�%��[�ym�z��^�~�:���ڑYdkŝ��� Dx���@3��8�p+�"y��$E�ޓeْ2�b<=}STTY]�=@T9W�6����P�%��C��^o�x+1��c�5[O|N�I�KD xb��1Œ�bz$Ӭk�#⺶H���C:��h��,E�?�\?���~��0볈�j�+���T���ay�$���Y%��-��5���<=}�i+�?O�7�#�m�%V�d��9Bc>Qv_;=}�V��w� ��&�S�F6����3���/;^�n�x��=J���>�$��H���WK�\�-�v�+:dyw�=J��A���n��...

M04, Go to Online Services, default selection
Whenever I synch with my bank, MS Money defaults to 1) Download quotes, News, and Exchange Rates 2) Get the latest money updates I'd prefer to do neither by default. Can I turn these selections to default "off"? TIA ...

How do I STOP outlook from opening a New Explorer window on every
When I click on a Link to a Web Page it always opens a New Explorer Everytime. How do I Stop this ?? This is Very annoying & a Pain to keep closing them I agree with Ken. Is there a way to do right click on a link and select "Copy Shortcut" instead of clicking the link to open a new window? Thanks, Ruf Ken in AB <Ken in AB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I click on a Link to a Web Page it always opens a New Explorer > Everytime. How do I Stop this ?? > > This is Very annoying & a Pain to keep closing them In IE, click Tools>Internet Optio...

WIN 7 64Bit with HP CP2025dn LaserJet With Windows 7 64bit offline issue
I had a system crash which forced me to re-install windows. Now, my CP2025DN shows offline, I have to shut it off and turn it back on, as it's refusing to wake up from powersave in order to print, or if I log off, reboot and log back on, the printer prints my job. Can I just disable powersave or is there an option for always online? Thank you Tony Lisanti You should refer to the user manual about the settings for the printer. If you don't have the manual you can go to HP's website and download the documentation @ http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...